Understanding US thread-III

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding US thread-III

Post by Lalmohan »

here's a story about the BBC... prior to the Theresa May visit, there used to be an incredulous slightly negative tone towards Trump on a particular radio news show i sometimes listen to. Post the TM visit, the tone of the coverage subtly changed towards being not-anti-Trump and generally more supportive... pure coincidence... ?!?!?! ;-)

A_Gupta - those comments on turcopiler are remarkable... thats all i can say! in the past few weeks i have also included some friends on FB who i know to be on the exit side of the brexit argument... and also picking up the themes they highlight also leads me to think... remarkable! or sometimes... wow!! for the purposes of bubble_bursting, I am keeping them on and allowing their feeds to come into mine... and seeing how other people think.

a common theme seems to be anger and hatred towards the opposition, any opposition... how did we get to this state of affairs?
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

This is completely nuts! How is it the responsibility of a black woman reporter to set up a meeting with CBC?

Why does he not simply say that he would like to meet CBC and ask his WH staff to set up a date & time?

Trump asks African-American reporter to set up meeting with black lawmakers
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

President Trump needs to order a full-scale house cleaning, and do it now.
John Schindler, a former National Security Agency analyst and current columnist for the New York Observer, said Wednesday that the intelligence community will go “nuclear” against President Donald Trump.

The national security columnist also quoted a senior intelligence official telling him that Trump “will die in jail.” “Now we go nuclear. [Intelligence community] war going to new levels. Just got an [email from] from senior [intelligence community] friend, it began: ‘He will die in jail,'” Schindler tweeted.
Trump needs to wipe out this nest of vipers with a neutron weapon.
these are the same guys who created, supported, & maintained ISIS.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Dipanker wrote:This is completely nuts! How is it the responsibility of a black woman reporter to set up a meeting with CBC?

Nothing wrong with that IMHO. Depends on the way you see it. Duplicity is unused to this level of frankness and honesty and, sincere approach. This is what his supporters can say.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

Gentle rakshaks, what is your opinion of the saker? The analysis of the deep state is pretty good for the uninitiated and the russian view point is certainly refreshing, but their pappi jhappi of islam and china seems at odd with their supposed understanding of the world. Also their stance on India is pretty standard for any non-Indian viewpoint with the obligatory reference of upper caste, kashmir oppression etc.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

habal wrote:
Dipanker wrote:This is completely nuts! How is it the responsibility of a black woman reporter to set up a meeting with CBC?

Nothing wrong with that IMHO. Depends on the way you see it. Duplicity is unused to this level of frankness and honesty and, sincere approach. This is what his supporters can say.
It is plain and simple, you want to meet CBC, you call CBC, rather than indulging into a gimmickry of asking a random black women reporter to do so.

It is complete nonsense.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

habal wrote:President Trump needs to order a full-scale house cleaning, and do it now.
John Schindler, a former National Security Agency analyst and current columnist for the New York Observer, said Wednesday that the intelligence community will go “nuclear” against President Donald Trump.

The national security columnist also quoted a senior intelligence official telling him that Trump “will die in jail.” “Now we go nuclear. [Intelligence community] war going to new levels. Just got an [email from] from senior [intelligence community] friend, it began: ‘He will die in jail,'” Schindler tweeted.
Trump needs to wipe out this nest of vipers with a neutron weapon.
these are the same guys who created, supported, & maintained ISIS.
DT's campaign during the course of the year before election made several contacts with the Russian intelligence officials, the case is still under investigation.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Dipanker wrote: It is plain and simple, you want to meet CBC, you call CBC, rather than indulging into a gimmickry of asking a random black women reporter to do so.

It is complete nonsense.
CBC trolling back

https://twitter.com/OfficialCBC/status/ ... wsrc%5Etfw

Hi, @realDonaldTrump. We’re the CBC. We sent you a letter on January 19, but you never wrote us back. Sad! Letter: http://bit.ly/2kD6FhQ

:rotfl:
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

Wow, this thread has really become tired and resembles some of the SJW forums out there that I visit for cheap entertainment. He is the president, get over it already and lets bring this thread back to what it was before.

-M
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

If Ms April is so concerned about blacks, then she should be prepared to walk the talk, the black elite are in a trap of their making pretty much like Paki rape. They have been feted and wined and dines by the establishment and thus keep throwing up talking points and indulge in sensationalism just like white democrats while not lifting a finger to help their black brethen out of the ghetto.

Just talk on CNN, Instagram, twitter & blabber on some forums and they havr done their bit, how about walking the talk and since Trump seema eager to help. No sir, we are just happy making fun of Trump and other right-wing white guys, we got our giggles and now feel satisfied. As satisfied as our compatriots at counterfeit news networks.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Mihaylo wrote:Wow, this thread has really become tired and resembles some of the SJW forums out there that I visit for cheap entertainment. He is the president, get over it already and lets bring this thread back to what it was before.

-M
Yes, we should all say wonderful things about the wonderful job that he is doing. How dare anyone mock or criticize a man who won the greatest electoral victory the world has seen.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

habal wrote:If Ms April is so concerned about blacks, then she should be prepared to walk the talk, the black elite are in a trap of their making pretty much like Paki rape. They have been feted and wined and dines by the establishment and thus keep throwing up talking points and indulge in sensationalism just like white democrats while not lifting a finger to help their black brethen out of the ghetto.

Just talk on CNN, Instagram, twitter & blabber on some forums and they havr done their bit, how about walking the talk and since Trump seema eager to help. No sir, we are just happy making fun of Trump and other right-wing white guys, we got our giggles and now feel satisfied. As satisfied as our compatriots at counterfeit news networks.
You don't see a problem with DT's disingenuity?

CBC wrote to him on 19th of last month and so far he has not even replied to them. And now he wants the black women reporter to arrange a meeting? why does he need an intermediary when CBC themselves wrote to him almost a month ago? All he needs to do is reply to CBC and set up a meeting.

This is completely bizarre & pathological!
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

you do know that when you write a letter to a political figure, it is their support staff and assistants that open the letter first. I write a letter to Modi, and send it by post, it is PMO lower division clerk and in most cases a peon who will open my letter. Unless, I can handover any letter personally to Modi and he reads it in front of me, I am reasonably assured that he will never read a letter that I write, his office staff will use their discretion to trash my letter and if compelling a clerk at PMO may type out a reply and if really really compelling, then the letter may reach uptil private secretary's desk to do as he pleases.

So Trump asked the lady to bypass all that and connect directly with him. It was his offer to bypass bureaucratese.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

habal wrote:you do know that when you write a letter to a political figure, it is their support staff and assistants that open the letter first. I write a letter to Modi, and send it by post, it is PMO lower division clerk and in most cases a peon who will open my letter. Unless, I can handover any letter personally to Modi and he reads it in front of me, I am reasonably assured that he will never read a letter that I write, his office staff will use their discretion to trash my letter and if compelling a clerk at PMO may type out a reply and if really really compelling, then the letter may reach uptil private secretary's desk to do as he pleases.

So Trump asked the lady to bypass all that and connect directly with him. It was his offer to bypass bureaucratese.

CBC stands for Congressional Black Caucus, comprising of 45 congressmen and 2 senators, or group of 47 members of Legislative Branch, it is not some random XYZ guy writing to DT.

And you are telling me his aides sat on CBC's letter all the time and Trump was not aware of it at the time of the interview?

He has been caught with his pants down ( yes for the umpteenth time).

Seriously you want to me believe this spin? Give me a break!
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Dipanker wrote:[Give me a break!
good night.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

komal wrote:
Mihaylo wrote:Wow, this thread has really become tired and resembles some of the SJW forums out there that I visit for cheap entertainment. He is the president, get over it already and lets bring this thread back to what it was before.

-M
Yes, we should all say wonderful things about the wonderful job that he is doing. How dare anyone mock or criticize a man who won the greatest electoral victory the world has seen.
Triggered !! Oh, its so easy. :D

-M
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Mihaylo wrote:
komal wrote:

-M
Millions of coal mining jobs are now available as a result of his deporting H1-B workers. Mexico has already transferred hundreds of billions in gold to pay for the Wall. Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan are shivering at the thought of being forced to compete given the new Sheriff in Town. ISIS has already converted to Christianity.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

komal wrote:
Mihaylo wrote:

-M
Millions of coal mining jobs are now available as a result of his deporting H1-B workers. Mexico has already transferred hundreds of billions in gold to pay for the Wall. Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan are shivering at the thought of being forced to compete given the new Sheriff in Town. ISIS has already converted to Christianity.

I guess you must have heard that on CNN :D

-M
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

one of us here is called Igor and lives in Petropavlovsk. he has been assigned the job of showing up on BRF and making sure that there is plenty of "discussion"

nice gig
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Mihaylo wrote:
komal wrote:

-M
Rush Limbaugh
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

komal wrote:
Mihaylo wrote:

-M
Rush Limbaugh
Hmm..didn't peg you for one who would listen to RL. Good for you.

-M
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

yawn
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

(munches popcorn)

ps does this thread give out certificates for understanding the US

as SDRE yindoo we demand certificates. otherwise how will anyone know i have understood us, and have done all 45 pages?

(since i have understood only that some really dislike T, some like T, some are a-wondering)
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

Karan M wrote:(munches popcorn)

as SDRE yindoo we demand certificates. otherwise how will anyone know i have understood us, and have done all 45 pages?

(since i have understood only that some really dislike T, some like T, some are a-wondering)
Great idea..actually different levels of certification would be even better.

-M
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Speech at

Stop foreign cheating: Trump vows penalties for companies that outsource American jobs
Published time: 17 Feb, 2017 18:53
Edited time: 17 Feb, 2017 19:24
Stop foreign cheating: Trump vows penalties for companies that outsource American jobs
© Kevin Lamarque / Reuters
President Donald Trump pledged to fight for American jobs in a speech to Boeing workers in Charleston, South Carolina, at the unveiling of a new 787-10 Dreamliner. He also promised to rebuild the US military and punish companies that move jobs overseas.
“Our goal as a nation must be to rely less on imports, and more on products made here in the USA,” the president said, vowing to “unleash the power of the American spirit and put our great people back to work.”

“That is one beautiful aeroplane,” Trump said, pointing to the Dreamliner. “What an amazing piece of art, what an amazing piece of work.” He commended the airplane’s name as symbolic of the American spirit.

“That’s what we do in America, we dream of things and we build them.”

In addition to building passenger planes, Boeing is a major supplier of military aircraft. Trump name-dropped the F-18 Super Hornet, the F-15 Strike Eagle and the Apache attack helicopter, telling the crowd that his administration will rebuild the US military so “that none will dare to challenge it.”

“As George Washington said, being prepared for war is the best way to prevent it,” he said.

Saying he campaigned on the promise to bring manufacturing jobs back to America, Trump said his administration has already begun changing the business climate.

“It has to be much easier to manufacture in our country,” he said, adding that his administration will reduce “job-crushing regulations” and lower taxes on businesses as well as workers, enforce trade rules, and “stop foreign cheating.”

Companies that close down factories in the US, lay off American workers, and expect to sell their products in America will face a “very substantial penalty,” Trump said.

“When American workers win, America as a country wins, big league,” the president concluded, promising to “fight for better paying jobs for the loyal citizens of our country.”
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

The backtracking on one china policy is shameful . For a president of a military power like USA to come out swinging against China like that and then blink in a matter of few weeks ? pathetic does not even begin to describe it.

On Russia - Trump is inexplicable. There is no need for USA to share honors of middle east with Russia - ISIS is not such a huge enemy. WHats the point of "victory" in coldwar if the most lucrative real estate in the world is to be shared with ex-Soviets ?

Also to dissapoint some smug posters here Putin is no islamphobe but quiet the opposite. Moroever he seems to be keen on winning sunni Islam - Turkey and Pakistan.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

It's a bloodbath at the State Department
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is cleaning house at the State Department, according to a report.

Staffers in the offices of deputy secretary of state for management and resources as well as counselor were shown the door Thursday, according to CBS News.

Many of those let go were on the building’s seventh floor — top-floor bigs — a symbolically important sign to the rest of the diplomatic corps that their new boss has different priorities than the last one.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Guys get real. Trump swearing in is one month old. All we get are usually Democrats whining.
If it doesn't stop have to close the thread.

Last warning.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Suraj, The 7th floor guys were part of protect Hillary Clinton clique. They were named in various reports.
Besides this gang mid-wifed ISIS.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

ramana wrote:Guys get real. Trump swearing in is one month old. All we get are usually Democrats whining.
If it doesn't stop have to close the thread.

Last warning.

Amen !!
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Ramana - i find it incredible that you can label any critique of the government as democrat whining... why is it that a contrary opinion has to be shut down?
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Karan M wrote:(munches popcorn)

:rotfl:
This thread has become so entertaining. I never expected the US of all countries would (become)(go) so banana(s) (republic) after just one election. Understanding indeed.

The world is happily munching popcorn. Keep up the good entertainment!
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

in order to get your certificate for this thread all ya gotta know is C-I-A. :roll:
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Nothing happened so far sirs; it is just the first month. True that DT did not get a honeymoon with the press. But that was expected. I am not sure anything dangerous in international arena can be done in this short period. DT appointees are just now getting to work. We do not know what they will do so far. People like the new SoS is not known in the international arena. Let us wait for some time.

I hear that DT let go the Dood-Frank. People should be discussing that one here.

@Ramana sir, We are going to have quite an interesting period in US history. One that may even end up deciding the fate of the US or the effect the timelines of the US fall from top dog position. So please keep this thread.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Long Overdue Cleanup at SDOTUS...

But Ted Cruz want more pakistan as National Stupidity Augmentor.

News Falsh! UBCNews has Certified that everyone posting on this thread is CERTIFI-able.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

From the above report:

Another Tillerson aide added, "The motivation was to move people way from idle roles into productivity."

and

"They are being shifted now to new assignments," the aide said, noting that currently the employees do not have a principal official to staff. "The difference now is they are actually doing work. We think the American taxpayer will appreciate that."

Nice way to go it true.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Scott Pruitt nominated head of EPA - an org that he wants to cut down. He has cases in court against EPA which he will now 'defend' as head of EPA.

Good job. This will drain the swamp. #MAGA. #notwhine.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

It is fascinating to see how the '100000 national guards may be used to round up illegals' story is developing. It is next in a list of such things.

first a memo or something is leaked. press goes nuts. WH denies it. press runs around like headless chickens not knowing what to do. Idea is denied at one side but idea is now also out in the wild that other outlets can pick up and run selective stories. who is leaking all these stuff but apparently is immune to being 'identified and thrown out'? All points to Bannon playing with media.

Good job from Trump admin. This will put the fake newsers in their place. #MAGA #nodemocratwhine
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Del