Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad - News & Analysis (9-8-2014)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
arun
BRF Oldie

Re: Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad - News & Analysis (9-8-2014)

Post by arun »

X Posted from the STFUP – Nov 7, 2016 Thread.

When practice of Mohammadden beliefs in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan cloisters away women, it is inevitable that male homosexual rape with paedophile overtones crops up.:

Boy raped: Two days on, police yet to make headway

This deviant behaviour is no one off event in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Similar incidents of paedophile homosexual rape have been reported over the past couple of years or so. Indeed I suspect that the incidents of this nature, by standards of prevalence of deviant behaviour, are quite widespread in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan making it the Homosexual Rape Capital of South Asia:

October 21, 2016:

Seminary teacher arrested over rape charges in Mansehra

Sept 18, 2016:

Despicable act: 13-year-old boy raped by taxi driver in Mansehra

July 30, 2016:

Seven-year-old boy raped in Abbottabad

July 22, 2016

Teen boy gang-raped in K-P bakery

May 18, 2016:

Sexual abuse: 11-year-old boy raped in Paharipura

May 13, 2016:

12-year-old boy gang raped, strangled to death in Tando Mohammad Khan

April 30, 2016:

Nine-year-old boy raped allegedly by relative in Peshawar

Feb 28, 2016:

11-year-old gang-raped in Peshawar

Jan 26, 2016:

Boy gang-raped in Mansehra

Jan 7, 2016:

7-year-old boy dies after being gang raped by 'influentials' in Bahawalnagar

Earlier dates:

Lahore: 6-year-old boy killed after rape

Sexual assault: Boy allegedly raped by three men

Crime against children: Five-year-old boy raped

Girl, boy gang raped in Hafizabad

Gruesome crime: Kindergarten boy ‘gang-raped’ by principal, others

Meanwhile the Islamic Republic of Pakistan remains in denial:

Pakistan's shameful denial of male rape
sureshhh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sureshhh »

arun wrote:
sureshhh wrote:………… what many Hindus don't realise is that islamophobia will affect us too. For racists, the word Muslim is just code for anyone who isn;t lily white, so even us Hindus may suffer as a result. …………………
In which case Hindu’s resident abroad and fearing what you say, should pack their bags and return to India rather than look to the Taxpaying Resident Indian’s to provide a crutch by agreeing to notions that gives a pass to the global scourage of Mohammadden belief based violence out of fear for the well being of non Mohammadden Indian origin persons who have forsaken India for greener pastures abroad.

Stuff any equal = equal “concern” over what Mohammaddens have brought upon themselves by not policing their own flock stringently enough. Be assured that “racist” foreign populations messing with Resident Indian’s travelling abroad for any reason, including “Muslim being code for lily white”, will not go unchallenged by our Government and also believe that India is not helpless in this matter.
Vain bravado is one thing, reality another.

Right from independence (and some would say even before that), Hindu leadership has only let Hindus down. Hindu leadership, in this case the bjp, can't even protect its own members from getting killed in kerala. You honestly think they can protect us abroad? Get real, my friend.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

^^^id sureshhh is running Propoganda. In ISIS page, he even goes on and tells that ISIS is not a threat. Admins please take note and take action.
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

It might also help if the NRI community would stop expressing their unwavering support for leftist (pro-muslim) policies in every western country they inhabit. This could help differentiate us from the muslims rather than being inadvertently lumped in with them. As the most recent example of this, witness how the overwhelming majority of our fellow Indians in the USA voted for that India-hating, terrorist sponsoring war criminal Hillary Clinton. It's shameful.

I used to be an NRI, too. I understand the desire to selfishly vote for the people who pay lip service to ethnic minorities. But even then, I didn't let that blind me to the bigger picture.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Y. Kanan wrote:It might also help if the NRI community would stop expressing their unwavering support for leftist (pro-muslim) policies in every western country they inhabit. This could help differentiate us from the muslims rather than being inadvertently lumped in with them. As the most recent example of this, witness how the overwhelming majority of our fellow Indians in the USA voted for that India-hating, terrorist sponsoring war criminal Hillary Clinton. It's shameful.
We don't have the definitive statistics yet on how the Indian American community voted - so I wouldn't write the community off as having voted overwhelmingly for Clinton.

The Indian community in the UK did vote in a differentiated way - by backing Tories as opposed to Labour. But then, the Tory govt doesn't seem to have reciprocated by insulating Indians from the anti-immigrant mood...so the blame lies on both sides.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

uddu wrote:^^^id sureshhh is running Propoganda. In ISIS page, he even goes on and tells that ISIS is not a threat. Admins please take note and take action.
Admin has taken note of the Dhoti Shiver Pseudo-secular type commentary and issued a warning to the poster sureshhh in "The Islamic State and the Indian Sub-Continent" thread:
SSridhar wrote:sureshhh, this thread is for discussing ISIS. Don't try to derail it. You may take it as a warning.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Y. Kanan wrote:It might also help if the NRI community would stop expressing their unwavering support for leftist (pro-muslim) policies in every western country they inhabit. This could help differentiate us from the muslims rather than being inadvertently lumped in with them.
800% Agree and I made that same point about NRI's in the previous page of this thread:
arun wrote:
sureshhh wrote:………… what many Hindus don't realise is that islamophobia will affect us too. For racists, the word Muslim is just code for anyone who isn;t lily white, so even us Hindus may suffer as a result. …………………
In which case Hindu’s resident abroad and fearing what you say, should pack their bags and return to India rather than look to the Taxpaying Resident Indian’s to provide a crutch by agreeing to notions that gives a pass to the global scourage of Mohammadden belief based violence out of fear for the well being of non Mohammadden Indian origin persons who have forsaken India for greener pastures abroad.

Stuff any equal = equal “concern” over what Mohammaddens have brought upon themselves by not policing their own flock stringently enough. Be assured that “racist” foreign populations messing with Resident Indian’s travelling abroad for any reason, including “Muslim being code for lily white”, will not go unchallenged by our Government and also believe that India is not helpless in this matter.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

[quote][/quote]Muslim life here is good but not as good as some places. I have family in Stockholm, Rotterdam, London and rest of UK and all over Canada. I would rate countries by friendliness to Islam as Sweden, UK, Canada, Netherlands, USA. Community here is large but there is no Islamic school so my children go to public school where they get much Western influence whereas in Stockholm my nieces and nephews dont have to interact with others as they have Islamic school. Also benefits in Houston very low but in Europe especially Sweden it is easily to live off of. However Houston is very cheap so quality of life is high. I have four daughters ages 3, 5, 6 and 7 and all wears hijab and wife wears niqab and they have been taunted before by racists. One thing which never happens to my family in Europe. Also Houston is very very humid and hot so niqab uncomfortable to my wife. I suggest to join Islamic Society of Greater Houston which is very active and large so gives us strong social life http://isgh.org. Very many mosques in Houston, I go to Masjid ElFarouq which is close to home so I can make salah 5 times http://www.elfarouq.org/ . Very many halal restaurants. Overall I think Houston is ok but soon I think I will move to Stockholm as I see my children adapting to Western ways here and I think it is unavoidable here. So i suggest to get a sponsor for Stockholm or UK and go there instead. More benefit from government and stronger communities.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Where's that from Paul?
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Quora - what is Muslim life like in Houston?
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Ah, interesting insight into the mindset... Thank you.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Infamous Rotherham case where Pakistani taxi drivers and kebab shop owners groomed many girl children for sex and passed them around had quantum of punishment decided recently. Four Pakis are being deported back to country and being stripped of citizenship. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ected.html

As an interesting anecdote, I was discussing this matter with a peaceful doctor friend based in UK (from India) when this case broke out and his comment was 'arrey ladki log to maza le rahi thi, in log ko pareshan kar raha hai kyoki Pakistani hai, gora hota to chor deta'
translation-
They are being harassed for being Pakis (&Ummahs) , these girls were enjoying, if they were British white they must have been let off!
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Indian Muslims drop the 'Indian' bit when they move abroad. Islamic ummah >>>> nationality.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

And we let the Saudi diplomat and FIL who kept 2 women as sex slaves go scot free.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ste ... a129ed3537
I Told Steve Bannon: ‘We Are Not At War With Islam.’ He Disagreed.
What disturbed me the most in our conversation was Bannon’s apparent belief that violence and war can have a cleansing effect, that we may need to tear down things and rebuild them from scratch. He made it clear he had lost faith in Europe as secularism and arriving Muslim immigrants had eroded traditional Christian values as the founding pillar of our civilization. Losing the Christian faith, in his view, has weakened Europe ― it’s neither willing nor able to confront Islam’s rising power and some European Muslims’ insistence on privileged treatment of their religion. Bannon is of the belief that, if Europe is to be saved, there is no way to avoid armed conflict. The power of Islam cannot be stopped by peaceful means. In short, Bannon told me in no uncertain terms that the West is at war with Islam.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Washington must choose sides - George Friedman

Last week, Iran confirmed that it test-fired a ballistic missile. The United States has responded by imposing new sanctions on Iran and stating that Iran remains both a major source of terrorism and a threat to American national interests. A review is now underway concerning U.S. policy toward Iran. At the same time, President Donald Trump has declared his intention of crushing the Islamic State, which has been U.S. policy since the emergence of IS.

U.S. National Security Adviser Michael Flynn speaks during the daily press briefing as Press Secretary Sean Spicer (L) looks on at the White House in Washington, on Feb. 1, 2017. Flynn signaled a more hardline American stance on Iran, condemning a recent missile test and declaring he was “officially putting Iran on notice.”

U.S. strategy in Iraq prior to the 2007 surge was to oppose both Shiite and Sunni claims to power in Iraq. The United States tried to craft a government in Baghdad that was independent of both major factions, ideally secular and closely aligned with the United States. That government was created, but it was never effective. The Shiites, supported by the Iranians, deeply penetrated the government, and more importantly, the government never had broad support beyond the coalition that backed it. The most dynamic forces in Iraq were deeply embedded in the Shiite and Sunni communities. Both drew strength from outside Iraq – the Sunnis from Saudi Arabia and the Shiites from Iran.

What the United States wanted to create was very different from the reality on the ground. In the surge, the U.S. recognized this, saw the Iranian-supported Shiites as the greater threat and tried to counterbalance them by reaching a financial and political understanding with the Sunni leadership. Apart from providing the U.S. with an opportunity for a graceful exit, the surge didn’t solve the strategic problem the U.S. was dealing with. IS arose as the champion of a substantial part of the Sunni Arab population, and the Iraqi government became, to an imperfect but real extent, captive to Iran. The U.S. remained powerless to craft the Iraq it wanted.

The United States now has three broad strategic options. The first is, after 15 years of ineffective fighting, to accept defeat in the region, withdraw and allow the region to evolve as it will. The advantage of this strategy is that it accepts the reality and consequences of the previous 15 years, and it halts an ineffective approach. The weakness of this strategy is that in accepting the evolution of the region, the U.S. could face an increasingly powerful Sunni world and a powerful Shiite Iran. After the sense of relief may come an unbearable headache.

The second option is to use American force to crush IS and isolate Iran, or failing that, engage Iran in some form of military action, possibly directed at its nuclear program. The United States does not have a military force large enough to simultaneous wage war from the Mediterranean to Iran, and also in Afghanistan. Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said at the beginning of the Iraq war that you fight with the army you have. He should have added that if the army you have is insufficient, you will lose, or at most, face an endless stalemate. The goal of this strategy would be to crush not merely the current organizations fighting for Sunni and Shiite causes but to destroy the will of the Arab and Persian worlds to create new organizations out of the ashes of the old. The United States has never fought a major foreign war without a coalition of forces. Its distance from the Eurasian battlefield means that support from other forces for the logistical effort is essential. This is why there is discussion of an alliance with Russia. But Russia does not have the same interests in Iran as the United States, nor is it looking for the same outcome.

The third strategic option is built on two realities. First, the U.S. has limited forces, reluctant or discordant allies, and cannot win a war on this scale. Second, the Islamic world is deeply divided along religious and ethnic lines. There is the religious split between Shiites and Sunnis. There is the split between the Arab and non-Arab world. In other words, Islam is not of a single fabric and these divisions are its point of vulnerability. The third strategy would require allying with one faction to give it the thing it desires the most – the defeat of the other.

From the beginning of American history, the U.S. has used the divisions in the world to achieve its ends. The American Revolution prevailed by using the ongoing tension between Britain and France to convince the French to intervene. In World War II, facing Nazi Germany and the Stalinist Soviet Union, the United States won the war by supplying the Soviets with the wherewithal to bleed the German army dry, opening the door to American invasion and, with Britain, the occupation of Europe.

Unless you have decisive and overwhelming power, your only options are to decline combat, vastly increase your military force at staggering cost and time, or use divergent interests to recruit a coalition that shares your strategic goal. Morally, the third option is always a painful strategy. The United States asking monarchists for help in isolating the British at Yorktown was in a way a deal with the devil. The United States allying with a murderous and oppressive Soviet Union to defeat another murderous and oppressive regime was also a deal with the devil. George Washington and Franklin D. Roosevelt both gladly made these deals, each knowing a truth about strategy: What comes after the war comes after the war. For now, the goal is to reach the end of the war victorious.

In the case of the Middle East, I would argue that the United States lacks the forces or even a conceivable strategy to crush either the Sunni rising or Iran. Iran is a country of about 80 million defended to the west by rugged mountains and to the east by harsh deserts. This is the point where someone inevitably will say that the U.S. should use air power. This is the point where I will say that whenever Americans want to win a war without paying the price, they fantasize about air power because it is low-cost and irresistible. Air power is an adjunct to war on the ground. It has never proven to be an effective alternative.

The idea that the United States will simultaneously wage wars in Syria, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan and emerge victorious is fantasy. What is not fantasy is the fact that the Islamic world, both strategically and tactically, is profoundly divided. The United States must decide who is the enemy. “Everybody” is an emotionally satisfying answer to some, but it will lead to defeat. The United States cannot fight everyone from the Mediterranean to the Hindu Kush. It can indefinitely carry out raids and other operations, but it can’t win.

To craft an effective strategy, the United States must go back to the strategic foundations of the republic: a willingness to ally with one enemy to defeat another. The goal should be to ally with the weaker enemy, or the enemy with other interests, so that one war does not immediately lead to another. At this moment, the Sunnis are weaker than the Iranians. But there are far more Sunnis, they cover a vast swath of ground and they are far more energized than Iran. Currently, Iran is more powerful, but I would argue the Sunnis are more dangerous.
Therefore, I am suggesting an alignment with the Iranians, not because they are any more likable (and neither were Stalin or Louis XVI), but because they are the convenient option.

The Iranians hate and fear the Sunnis. Any opportunity to crush the Sunnis will appeal. The Iranians are also as cynical as George Washington was. But in point of fact, an alliance with the Sunnis against the Shiites could also work. The Sunnis despise the Iranians, and given the hope of crushing them, the Sunnis could be induced to abandon terrorism. There are arguments to be made on either side, as there is in Afghanistan.

In my opinion, what cannot be supported is simultaneous conflicts with Sunnis and Shiites, Arabs and Persians. What we learned in Iraq is that we will not win such a conflict. Attempting what failed in Iraq on a far larger scale makes little sense. Dividing your enemies is a fundamental principle of strategy. Uniting them makes little sense. Therefore, simultaneously waging war on Sunnis and Shiites is irrational. Simply withdrawing from the region carries enormous long-term risks.

In the end, Washington wanted to defeat the British and Roosevelt wanted to defeat Hitler. Without the French or Soviets, these wars would have been lost. In the end, the Bourbons and communists were destroyed. Washington and Roosevelt were in no rush. There is always time for the winner to pursue the end he wants. There is never time for the loser.

Cheers Image
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Y. Kanan wrote:
It might also help if the NRI community would stop expressing their unwavering support for leftist (pro-muslim) policies in every western country they inhabit. This could help differentiate us from the muslims rather than being inadvertently lumped in with them. As the most recent example of this, witness how the overwhelming majority of our fellow Indians in the USA voted for that India-hating, terrorist sponsoring war criminal Hillary Clinton. It's shameful.
anybody making more than $70,000 per year voted for Trump. Average Salary of Indian Americans is $100,000.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Sunnis though make up 80% of the Islamic population and Shia 20% but in middle east they are close to 50-50. Sunnis inflate their numbers due to converted people in Pakistan, Indonesia, India, Bangladesh, etc.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Malsi is # 1 in this category !

IMO, Saudi Arabia should be "upgraded" , while Iran, Lebanon and Syria should be "downgraded" :twisted:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Greeks "Wiped Out" In Islamic Turkey.

Greeks in Turkey on the Verge of Extinction
The current Greek population in Turkey is estimated at fewer than 2,000. But this population decline was not due to natural causes; the Greek community has become nearly extinct due to many state-sponsored attacks and pressure.The largest attacks took place during the last years of the Ottoman Empire with pogroms and discrimination continuing until the present day. The Armenians met a similar fate.
In 2007, the International Association of Genocide Scholars (IAGS) announced that “the Ottoman campaign against Christian minorities of the Empire between 1914 and 1923 constituted a genocide against Armenians, Assyrians, and Pontian and Anatolian Greeks.”The destruction of Greek heritage and institutions, including schools, continued after the Turkish republic was established in 1923. One tool to annihilate non-Turkish communities including Greeks was the so-called “Liberation Courts” that were set up in many Turkish cities.
Beginning on September 6, 1955, everything belonging to Greeks in Istanbul – homes, schools, offices, businesses, churches, cemeteries − was attacked by Muslim Turks. This pogrom greatly escalated Greek emigration from Turkey.Nine years later came the forced Greek expulsions. In 1964, as a result of tensions over Cyprus, Turkey broke its agreement with Greece and prohibited all commercial dealings by Greeks holding a Greek passport, leading thereby to the departure of at least 45,000 Greeks.
Before Turks arrived in Asia Minor from Central Asia in the eleventh century, the indigenous population of the region spoke and wrote in Greek and was Greek Orthodox. Even the names of the region come from the Greek language such as “Anatolia” (from the Greek “Anatole,” "east" or "sunrise") and “Asia Minor” (from the Greek “Mikra Asia,” little Asia).
Pakistan is not far behind in implementing similar policies vis- a -vis their Hindu, Christian and other minorities !
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

The Sunnis despise the Iranians, ==> OK true

and given the hope of crushing them, the Sunnis could be induced to abandon terrorism. ==> :rotfl:

this is the level of a world famous analyst and think tanker over there , a strategic guru with deep reach :lol: they keep feeding these delusions up the food chain

quite apart from the fact that Shias have been not been exporting terrorism to hurt everyone, so why should they be crushed ? just to placate the bloodlust of the saudis?

this shows the transactional and totally adharmic mentality of the US elite. they will ally with the devil and kill millions of innocents if they have to, for their own benefit. here they are talking of casually destroying a large country like iran. threat to their munna israel is not a good excuse. israel has missiles and 100s of warheads if need be.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

GD Saar, I think that is just an excuse and which they have managed to sell the theory to the powers that be. Having spent some of years in ME, what I could make out is, the Arabs feel they are like adolescent lions and USA as the Lion with West and they are the ones who are going to Depose the West and become the Big Dominant Lion. Th Shias and Russians are kept as the distraction while the Arabs and to an Extent the Chinese can become powerful enough to take on the "West", Somehow I feel the Saudis and the Chinese to be feeding the Liberal Left who seem to turn a complete blind eye to ME Sunni and Chinese including their allies atrocities.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

arun wrote:
arun wrote:Friday comes a day early.

Demonstration of the IED Mubarak variant of the IEDology of Pakistan.

“Sufi” Mohammadden Shrine of Lal Shahbaz Qalandar at Sehwan in the Terrorist Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan, suicide bombed.

I will not at all be surprised if this attack turns out to be a case of Green on Green Intra-Mohammadden belief motivated act of violence:

40 injured as suicide bomber hits Lal Shahbaz Qalandar’s shrine in Sehwan

Death toll in the Demonstration of the IED Mubarak variant of the IEDology of Pakistan at the “Sufi” Mohammadden Shrine of Lal Shahbaz Qalandar at Sehwan in the Terrorist Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan, climbs to 30.

While there is no indicator regards perpetrators, I will not at all be surprised if this attack turns out to be a case of Green on Green Intra-Mohammadden belief motivated act of violence:

At least 30 martyred in suicide bombing at Lal Shahbaz Qalandar shrine
Confirmation that the Demonstration of the IED Mubarak variant of the IEDology of Pakistan at the “Sufi” Mohammadden Shrine of Lal Shahbaz Qalandar at Sehwan in the Terrorist Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan is an act of Green on Green Intra-Mohammadden belief motivated violence:
arun wrote:Death toll in the Demonstration of the IED Mubarak variant of the IEDology of Pakistan at the “Sufi” Mohammadden Shrine of Lal Shahbaz Qalandar at Sehwan in the Terrorist Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan, vaults from 30 to 50.

At the rate at which the death toll is climbing, it might very well overtake the number of satellites ie: 104 launched by PSLV C-37. In any event if the number of Houris aka Hoors aka Virgins aka Raisins that have been launched by the demonstration of the IED Mubarak variant of the IEDology of Pakistan are taken into reckoning, PSLV C-37’s achievements have been left benhind in the dirt:

More than 50 martyred in suicide bombing at Lal Shahbaz Qalandar shrine
Confirmation that the Demonstration of the IED Mubarak variant of the IEDology of Pakistan at the “Sufi” Mohammadden Shrine of Lal Shahbaz Qalandar at Sehwan in the Terrorist Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan is an act of Green on Green Intra-Mohammadden belief motivated violence with Mohammadden Terrorist group Islamic State taking ceredit even as the death toll climbs to the otherworldly Mohammadden number 72 and thus closer to the 104 satellites launched by PSLV C37:

Sehwan shrine bombing: Isis claims responsibility for suicide attack killing at least 72 at Sufi Muslim site
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

From a Green on Green Intra Mohammadden belief motivated sectarian violence perspective, yesterday ie: Thursday, was a busy day. Besides the demonstration of the IED Mubarak variation of the IEDology of Pakistan at Sehwan which targetted a Sufi Mohammadden shrine and killed 72, there was also a demonstration of a Green on Green Intra Mohammadden belief motivated act of sectarian violence in Iraq that killed 48. This time around Sunni Mohammaddens targetted their Shia Mohammaddend co-religionists in a predominantly Shia area of Baghdad:
At least 48 people have been killed in Baghdad in the third blast in the Iraqi capital in three days, security and medical sources say.

A car packed with explosives blew up near car dealerships in the Shia area of Bayaa in the south of the city. More than 50 people were injured.

The Islamic State (IS) group claimed the attack, saying it targeted "a gathering of Shias". …………..
From the BBC here:

Baghdad car bomb kills at least 48
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the STFUP thread, the fear of minority sect Mohammaddens about having to live in Mohammadden majority nations.

Whatever happened to the much touted Pakistani claim that Pakistan was formed to provide a safe haven for the Mohammaddens of the Indian Sub-Continent?

Mohammadden Cleric from the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and a Syed no less, by name of Syed Waseem Ur Rehman , pleads before our Supreme Court that since “Sufism faced serious threats from Islamist terrorists in Pakistan” he and his wife Sayeda Saima Waseem Ur Rehman should be given a visa to continue to live in India and work as a shrine caretaker.

Sad to see valuable time of our Supreme Court being misused for issues like allowing Pakistani’s to live and work in India.

Surely with some 150 Million Mohammaddens in India there is no need to import shrine care takers from the Mohammadden Terrorist Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the couple should now be forthwith deported:

Pakistani Sufi cleric will have to leave India, SC says courts can’t grant visas
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

From the newspaper The Australian article by Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Somalia born former Dutch politician and presently research fellow at the Hoover Institution debunking Australia based Sudan born Mohammadden activist Yassmin Abdel-Magied’s statement that Mohammaddenism is “the most feminist” of all religions by citing the misogynistic nature of Mohammadden belief based Shariah law.

Hirsi Ali, a Mohammadden turned Atheist, writes “As a moral and legal code, sharia law is among the most dehumanising, demeaning and degrading for women ever devised by man”.

The question though is that enough for “The Religion of Peace” to be stopped from taking on the additional mantle of “The Religion of Feminists”? :
How do you solve a problem like sharia?

Ayaan Hirsi Ali
The Australian
12:00AM February 18, 2017

Yassmin Abdel-Magied, an Islamic activist, has been paid by the Australian government to visit countries such as Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Qatar, it is said, “to promote Australia”. Far from offering criticism of the misogynistic sharia laws on the books in those countries, Abdel-Magied recently stated that Islam is “the most feminist” of all religions. Confronted with the abuses that are committed against women in the countries she visited, Abdel-Magied replied: “I’m not going to deny, some countries run by Muslims are violent and sexist, but that’s not down to sharia. That’s down to the culture and the patriarchy and the politics of those … countries.”

That is absurd. Abdel-Magied fits into a familiar pattern, where the government of a free society such as Australia invests a considerable sum in an individual or a group in the hope that the person is a “moderate” Muslim and will advance the assimilation of their Muslim minority through constructive engagement. Then the supposed moderate the government has invested in is exposed as a closet Islamist, in this case sympathetic to sharia law. The government is left red-faced. Others simply see red.

In a televised exchange on ABC, Australian senator Jacqui Lambie challenged Abdel-Magied’s views, holding that those who support sharia law should be deported from Australia. Remarkably, the televised debate was followed by a demand for an apology by the ABC from a collective of 49 Muslim scholars, lawyers and self-appointed individuals who claim to speak for all Australian Muslims. The petition alleged “Islamophobia” and criticised ABC host Tony Jones for not upholding the “values of respect and fairness” and for failing to provide a “safe environment” for Abdel-Magied.

Yet what set of principles is less safe for women than sharia? As a moral and legal code, sharia law is among the most dehumanising, demeaning and degrading for women ever devised by man:

• Under sharia law, a woman’s testimony is worth half of a man’s testimony in court (Koran 2:282).

• Under sharia law, men are the “guardians” of women; women are to be obedient to men, and husbands may beat their wives for disobedience (Koran 4:34).

• Under sharia law, a woman may not refuse sexual access to her husband unless she is medically incapable or menstruating, a teaching based partly on Allah himself saying in the Koran, “Your women are a tillage for you; so come unto your tillage as you wish” (Koran 2:223)

• Under sharia law, a woman inherits less than a man, generally half as much, again based on holy writ: “Allah enjoins you concerning your children: the male shall have the equal of the portion of two females” (Koran 4.11, 4.12).

• Under sharia law, men and women who commit fornication are to be flogged. As to the punishment for fornicators, the Koran says: “Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment” (Koran 24:2).

• Under sharia law, a man may unilaterally divorce his wife through talaq, whereas women are limited to divorce either under specific circumstances, such as the husband’s impotence, or with the husband’s consent and payment of a certain amount of money (khul).

• Sharia law permits fathers to contract binding marriages for their children so long as they are minors; and although a boy married against his wishes may exercise his power to divorce his wife unilaterally once he matures, a girl’s exit from such an unwanted marriage is much more difficult.

• Under sharia law, the custody of children is generally granted to ­fathers, and mothers lose custody if they remarry because their attention is supposed to go to their new husbands.

• Although majority-Muslim countries have in practice abolished slavery (Saudi Arabia did so mainly as a result of foreign pressure in 1962), slavery still has not been abolished in sharia law. Sexual slavery was common in Islamic history and is accepted by sharia law.

Defenders of sharia note that in some respects, Islamic law improved the position of women in 7th century tribal Arabia, for instance by categorically banning female infanticide. Yet surely, in the 21st century, we can set the bar higher than that?

Contrary to the claims of Abdel-Magied, the problematic tenets of sharia are not some relic left over from the cultural practices of the 7th century. Today, sharia law is applied in many countries as a matter of reality, and it is also enforced in many Muslim communities in matters such as marriage, divorce, custody and inheritance proceedings.

Indeed, the countries Abdel-Magied visited are proud to call their legal code sharia law.

Saudi Arabia’s Basic Law states: “The regime derives its power from the Holy Koran and the Prophet’s Sunnah, which rule over this and all other State Laws”, all “within the framework of the sharia”. Likewise, Kuwait’s constitution declares that “Islamic law shall be a main source of legislation”.

Sudan’s interim 2005 constitution states: “Nationally enacted legislation having effect only in respect of the Northern states of the Sudan shall have as its sources of legislation Islamic sharia and the consensus of the people.”

Qatar’s constitution requires the ruler to “swear by God, the Great, to respect the Islamic law”. Egypt’s 2014 constitution holds: “The principles of Islamic sharia are the principle source of legislation.”

In Iran, the marriage of girls at a young age is permitted, based on Mohammed’s consummation of his marriage to Aisha when she was nine. Was marriage at such a young age uncommon, given the cultural norms of the 7th century? No. Should such a historical precedent be emulated today? No.

It is therefore plainly false to say, as Abdel-Magied does, that the subjection of women in these countries is “not down to sharia (but) down to the culture and the patriarchy and the politics of those … countries”.

However, an important distinction can be made between “sharia lite” and “sharia forte”. Sharia forte is applied in the legal system of theocracies such as Saudi Arabia (which Abdel-Magied visited) and Iran, and by organisations such as Islamic State and Boko Haram. It does not apply in the West for obvious reasons.

But sharia lite is informally enforced within Muslim communities in Western countries, including Australia. In Australia, Islamists rely on sharia law to arbitrate divorces and inheritance disagreements. In 2015, a journalist writing in this newspaper observed that “given the undercover application of sharia law, often within mosques, there is little scrutiny of the process and the fairness of the adjudications”.

There is another problem: the general mindset of some Islamic “leaders” in Australia. In 2006, Australians were shocked to find the country’s most senior Islamic cleric, Taj el-Din Hilaly, refer to unveiled rape victims as “uncovered meat” that was left out in public. When a cat comes to eat the meat, the sheik reasoned, “the uncovered meat is the problem” because “if she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred”.

The ensuing public controversy led to Hilaly’s retirement, but his views were not out of line with Islamic law.

Sharia manuals such as Reliance of the Traveller hold that a husband may forbid his wife to leave the house and the wife must obey, and that a woman may not draw attention to herself in public.

In the Islamist mindset, Muslim women in Western countries should not enjoy the legal protections of the societies they live in. Two recent studies conducted by Elham Manea and Machteld Zee into British sharia “arbitration councils” offer clear evidence of this.

Abdel-Magied and the Islamist collective that is demanding an apology from ABC are not interested in this kind of inconvenient truth. They want to deflect attention away from the problems inherent in sharia law.

In my view, the Australian government should stop funding people such as Abdel-Magied, and the other partners they have, and instead find progressive, reform-minded Muslims who will help with the vital task of assimilating Muslims into Australian society.

The only way to resolve the fundamental challenge to women’s rights posed by sharia law is to criticise its problematic aspects openly.

The successful assimilation of Muslim immigrants in Australia is an achievable goal, but not on the basis of the hypocrisy and phony indignation in which the likes of Abdel-Magied specialise.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is a research fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford, and the founder of the AHA Foundation, which exists to protect women and girls from abuses of the sort described in this article. She will visit Australia in early April to discuss reforming Islam.
From the Australian:

How do you solve a problem like sharia?
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Found on the web:
A Chinese visitor to Samarkand in the century before the Arab invasion wrote in his notes the following observation on young people there: “All the inhabitants [of Samarkand] are brought up to be traders. When a young boy reaches the age of five they begin to teach him to read, and when he is able to read they make him study business.”1 Another Chinese visitor, equally astonished, observed that young Central Asian men were not allowed to participate in trading trips abroad until they were twenty, prior to which time they were expected to be absorbed in study and training.2

These observant contemporaries enable us to understand something very important about the lost world of Central Asia before the Arab conquest: the high level of literacy that prevailed there. The mass destruction of books and documents carried out by the Arabs leaves us particularly dependent on the reports of outsiders like these.

Starr, S. Frederick. Lost Enlightenment: Central Asia's Golden Age from the Arab Conquest to Tamerlane (p. 62). Princeton University Press. Kindle Edition.
Pathik
BRFite

Post by Pathik »

Chandragupta wrote:Indian Muslims drop the 'Indian' bit when they move abroad. Islamic ummah >>>> nationality.
Haven you experienced this first hand or any accounts? Though I havent interacted with many IMs abroad outside work. Apart from answering their nationality as Indian I haven't seen them being involved in any Indian events or festivals primarily as they are usually Hindu ones. There are very few exceptions with some Ayeshas participating in the odd cultural event, other than that 'Indian' community belonging is almost nil; as majority pledge allegiance to the nearest mosque-ito business
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Not first hand accounts because I haven't lived outside desh but a lot of Hindutvawadi friends have noticed this. These are the folks who have gone to US via Indian IT companies and so have IM presence in their offices. Barring few exceptions, IMs don't mingle much with Hindus and generally socialise within their mosque groups.
Rishi Verma
BRFite

Post by Rishi Verma »

This waco makes sense. Now we need more wacos like him

Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Islamic Outfit Announces Bounty On Heads Of Tarek Fatah And Subhash Chandra
All India Faizan-e-Madina Council (AIFMC), an Islamic organisation based in Bareilly, has said that it will award Rs 10,786 ( note the "786" !) to the person who captures scholar Tarek Fatah. Calling his show Fatah Ka Fatwa anti-Muslim, the clerics of the Islamic organisation have said that he has hurt the feelings of Muslims in India and deserves to be punished.
AIFMC has also announced a bounty on the head of Subhash Chandra, chairman of Essel Group and a member of the parliament. Moeen Siddiqui Noori, the head of this organisation, was arrested in 2013 after he announced a bounty on BJP leader Subramanian Swamy.
This comes a day after Fatah was attacked by an Islamist mob at Rekhta, an Urdu festival. The 67-year-old was manhandled and abused by a young Islamist crowd and was forced to leave the venue.
Talking to The Times of India newspaper about his arrest in 2013 and the bounty, Noori confirmed his action and said that he has no regrets. “What Fatah is doing is also illegal, but neither does our government take action against him nor does the court send him to jail. So when the law has got deaf ears, I came forward to teach a lesson to such people,” Noori was quoted as saying. He called Fatah an ‘agent of Israel’ ( favourite bogey) and said that he is doing everything to deprecate Islamic traditions. ( Taking the law, in his own hands :roll: )
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

As predicted. Islamic outfits start issuing fatwas on Tarek Fatah.

Now someone will carry it out.
And GOI will wring its hands.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Rishi Verma wrote:This waco makes sense. Now we need more wacos like him

Like Ravana was one.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Germany's Sharia law threat: Muslim brotherhood 'wants monopoly over mosques', expert says

IMO, Saudi influence and /or hidden hand , behind the "threat" cannot be ruled out !
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

ramana wrote:As predicted. Islamic outfits start issuing fatwas on Tarek Fatah.

He was heckled in Delhi and DP is under centre and still he was hounded without police protection. Imagine what they will do to him in WB/UP/KL.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Chandragupta wrote:
ramana wrote:As predicted. Islamic outfits start issuing fatwas on Tarek Fatah.

He was heckled in Delhi and DP is under centre and still he was hounded without police protection. Imagine what they will do to him in WB/UP/KL.
Some random outfit has declared a price on the heads of Tarek Fatah and Subhash Chandra. If these sort of things go unchallenged by law enforcement, it contributes to a growing 'democratization' of violence, where anyone and everyone can assault anyone else. The center has the necessary tools to go after people like this. The NIA has a mandate to investigate and prosecute terrorism related cases. This falls squarely in the category of spreading terror by assault.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

sudeepj wrote:
Chandragupta wrote:
Some random outfit has declared a price on the heads of Tarek Fatah and Subhash Chandra. If these sort of things go unchallenged by law enforcement, it contributes to a growing 'democratization' of violence, where anyone and everyone can assault anyone else. The center has the necessary tools to go after people like this. The NIA has a mandate to investigate and prosecute terrorism related cases. This falls squarely in the category of spreading terror by assault.
But they will not go after them. Modi ji wants sabka saath, even these folks.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Bacha bazi: Afghan practice of child sex slavery

KABUL: Afghanistan is set to criminalise the practice of "bacha bazi", sexual exploitation of boys, with a slew of stringent punishments laid out for the first time in a revised penal code.

The move comes after an AFP report last year found the Taliban are exploiting the centuries-old practice, one of the most egregious violations of human rights in the country, to mount deadly insider attacks in the volatile south.

Here are some key answers about bacha bazi.

Powerful warlords, commanders, politicians and other members of the elite often keep "bachas" as a symbol of authority and affluence. Bachas, sometimes dressed as women, are often sexually exploited. They can also be used as dancers at private parties.

Bacha bazi is not widely seen as homosexual behaviour- popularly demonised as a deviant sexual act, prohibited in Islam- and is largely accepted as a cultural practice.

"Women are for child-rearing, boys are for pleasure" is a common saying across many parts of Afghanistan.

The ancient custom, banned under the Taliban's 1996-2001 rule, has seen a resurgence in recent years. It is said to be widespread across southern and eastern Afghanistan's rural Pashtun heartland, and with ethnic Tajiks across the northern countryside.

Tight gender segregation in Afghan society and lack of contact with women have contributed to the spread of bacha bazi, rights groups say. Several other factors such as an absence of the rule of law, corruption, limited access to justice, illiteracy, poverty, insecurity, and the existence of armed groups have also helped the practice spread, the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission (AIHRC) said in a report in 2014.

AIHRC points out that Afghanistan's criminal law prohibits rape and pederasty, but so far there are no clear provisions on bacha bazi. "There is a gap and ambiguity in the laws of Afghanistan regarding bacha bazi and the existing laws do not address the problem sufficiently," the report said.

It is this gap which the government hopes the revised penal code will address. But the government has a poor track record of implementing such measures, as many of the perpetrators have connections with the security organs and by using power and giving bribes they get exempted from punishment.

Bachas are typically aged between 10 and 18. Many of them are kidnapped and sometimes desperate poverty drives their families to sell them to abusers.

"The victims of bacha bazi suffer from serious psychological trauma as they often get raped," AIHRC's report said.

"Such victims suffer from stress and a sort of distrust, hopelessness and pessimistic feeling. Bacha bazi results in fear among the children and a feeling of revenge and hostility develop in their mind." In turn, many adolescent victims are said to grow up to have boy lovers of their own, repeating the cycle of abuse.

"In the absence of any services to recover or rehabilitate boys who are caught in this horrendous abuse, it's hard to know what happens to these children," said Charu Lata Hogg, a London-based fellow at Chatham House, a think tank.

"We have heard anecdotal reports that many grow up to keep their own bachas, perpetuating the revolving door of abuse."

Bacha bazi is having a detrimental bearing on the perpetual state of conflict in Afghanistan, helping the Taliban to infiltrate security ranks in provinces such as Uruzgan, officials say. The abusive practice in security ranks also undermines support for NATO-trained Afghan forces.

"To date, the US has provided over $60 billion in assistance to the Afghan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF), including nearly $500 million to the Afghan Local Police," the US Congress said in 2015.

"Predatory sexual behaviour by Afghan soldiers and police could undermine US and Afghan public support for the ANDSF, and put our enormous investment at risk."

The practice also continues to embolden the Taliban's desire to reassert sharia law in Afghanistan and is fuelling their insurgency. "Such wild abuses of the predatory mujahideen forces in the early 1990s drove the popularity of the austere Taliban, helping them sweep to power across most of the country. Similar behaviour of the government forces after 2001 is also helping to inspire the insurgency," a Western official in Kabul told AFP

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Danish man who burned Quran charged with blasphemy | A man who filmed himself burning the Quran has become the first person to be charged under Denmark's blasphemy law in 46 years!

And as a footnote, in the Islamic Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, no other religion, other than Malsi can be practiced publicly and privately !
Something is very very wrong over here :evil: