Su-30MKI: News and Discussion - August 9, 2014

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Re: Su-30: News and Discussion - August 9, 2014

Post by brar_w »

Zynda wrote:So it is kind of a Terrain Scene recognition but instead of in the visible spectrum, the radio wave returns are processed and converted in to an image which is probably cross-referenced with images in existing library. Perhaps would be of great help in cluttered ground environment among others.
Non Target Acquisition and/or Engagement. It is always an issue in the littorals as well so good to make your smart weapons smarter over time.
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

Su-30MKI Aerobatics AeroIndia 2017
https://youtu.be/2OiBrTDb2p4?t=1302
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

A mean machine with a lethal payload. Note the flag...

Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Seven Countries Mull Buying Russian Su-30MKI With BrahMos Cruise Missiles

We have requests from seven countries in Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East, which already have Su-30s. They keep a close eye on the ongoing trials and once we are through, we are going to have many new buyers,” Previn Pahtak said.

https://sputniknews.com/asia/2017021910 ... sile-test/
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

VAYU in the latest issue says that another 42 MKIs are on the cards.Whether these are the already mentioned birds to be obtained from Russia is the Q. MKI production will end by 2020.Deep upgrading of all MKIs to the new combat capabilities,BMos,AESA radar,engine,etc.,etc.,is on the verge of being inked. One interesting titbit.Hyper BMos being developed will be for ONLY India and Russia. This may be of the re-usable missile concept,where sub-munitions are dispensed from the hyper vehicle.
ranjan.rao
BRFite

Post by ranjan.rao »

would that be coming from Indian line after production or from russian production lines?
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

Buying another 40-80 Su-30MKI in Super Sukhoi configuration makes sense provided:-

We get a good deal on manufacturing spares in India for the whole fleet.
We are able agree to build 3-5 years stock of spares with co-operation from Russia.
We get permission for indigenous upgrade of the old fleet with Indian components.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Philip wrote:VAYU in the latest issue says that another 42 MKIs are on the cards.Whether these are the already mentioned birds to be obtained from Russia is the Q. MKI production will end by 2020.Deep upgrading of all MKIs to the new combat capabilities,BMos,AESA radar,engine,etc.,etc.,is on the verge of being inked. One interesting titbit.Hyper BMos being developed will be for ONLY India and Russia. This may be of the re-usable missile concept,where sub-munitions are dispensed from the hyper vehicle.
Total Sukhoi number don't exceed 272 so it's existing numbers
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Can India export the MKI? Need permission s?
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

HAL has built 183 MKIs so far out of 222 ordered
MOSCOW --- India’s Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has manufactured 183 Sukhoi Su-30MKI (NATO reporting name: Flanker-H) fighter jets out of the 222 ordered under the Russian license, HAL Managing Director Suvarna Raju said.

"We have manufactured 183 Su-30MKI planes out of the 222 ordered. We will fulfill the order by 2020. As of today, we can manufacture 12 planes annually," the managing director said.

Raju confirmed the statements made by Russian officials that Russia and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited were planning to upgrade Indian Air Force Su-30MKI planes.

According to the managing director, the planes will be upgraded in two stages. The first stage may begin within 90 days.

As Indian Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar said earlier, Russia and India will sign a contract on the upgrade of Indian Air Force Sukhoi Su-30MKI (NATO reporting name: Flanker-H) multipurpose fighter jets in 2017 after technical requirements are agreed.

India is planning to modernize the majority of its Su-30MKI fighter jets in future, he added.

As Raju said, HAL is planning to produce components and spare parts for the Su-30MKI fighter jet. According to him, a number of agreements on the issue have already been concluded and one more document may be signed by March. ..
ashishvikas
BRFite

Post by ashishvikas »

SU 30 MKI Low Level Aerobat Pilots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww1jIr72YoY
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/aero ... 83333.html

BUILDING SUKHOI 30 MKI IN INDIA:
We've produced 183 against order of 222 planes. By 2020 we will complete it. Our current capacity is to build 12 aircraft per year

SUKHOI 30 MKI UPGRADE:
HAL the lead agency for Sukhoi 30 MKI upgrade. Will have back to back contracts with Sukhoi Design Bureau. Two phase upgrade. First phase to start within 90 days.

SERVICEABILITY: Every HAL supplied platform has 65 per cent serviceability and Sukhoi 30 MKI maximum serviceability of 68 per cent. We have given a proposal to MoD to become Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for Sukhoi in India.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

arshyam wrote:A mean machine with a lethal payload. Note the flag...

Hung like a horse!! :mrgreen:
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

^^ :lol:
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

300 AL-31FP Engine has been built in India under Lic so far.

"In the department of the corporation Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) in the city of Koraput successfully implementing a program licensed production of Russian engine AL-31FP, designed for multi-purpose fighter Su-30MKI. In accordance with the JSC concluded earlier through" Rosoboronexport "contracts in India produced about 300 engines of technological units set Ufa PJSC "UMPO" (included in the ODK) in different phases of readiness, "- a spokesman said.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

India-Russia To Conclude Su-30MKI Spares Agreement By March
http://www.defenseworld.net/news/18475/ ... t_By_March
Currently It takes about 18 months to deliver spares from Russia. After the new setup takes effect, this term is expected to be shortened to 2-3 months.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

IAF Su-30MKI will soon fire Brahmos missile giving India a unique precision strike capability
http://www.indiatimes.com/news/india/ia ... 72244.html
"Now, all that is left is a few minor problems, which should be sorted out in about 30-35 days," another source said. The IAF's initial requirement is for two Su-30 MKIs with BrahMos, but it eventually wishes to integrate 216 missiles on 42 Sukhoi fighters. The project was first conceived in July-August 2012.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

This is HUGE! I have not seen this picture before, so forgive my excitement!!! :)
Enjoy Jingos...if you already have not seen it!
Do not forget to click on the magnifying glass on the top right hand corner of the photo.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... ZUdWlwOEZ3
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

Rakesh wrote:India-Russia To Conclude Su-30MKI Spares Agreement By March
http://www.defenseworld.net/news/18475/ ... t_By_March
Currently It takes about 18 months to deliver spares from Russia. After the new setup takes effect, this term is expected to be shortened to 2-3 months.

HAL and the Russian OEM had in the recent past increased the servicability rate of the Su-30MKI to 60 percent. Post the new spare parts agreement, the serviceability rate is expected to climb upto 75 percent, Russian sources said.
Might as well get few more squadrons of Su-30MKI instead of the MRCA-2. It has taken India some 15-years to get to a point where it can build MKI from raw materials as well as build most of the spare parts to support high servicibility rates. Also, not to forget extensive infrastructure at many airbases, trained pilots and technicians, and weaponization. MLU is about to start.

Who knows how long it will take India to get a new foreign fighter to the same capability and support levels?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Go for an upgrade of the older ones and new order shall have all the bells and whistles of the Su35 and even a 5th Gen AC engine. Cost and time saving thing. But Baboons will have none of it.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

There were reports that Russia is offering 117S (or a variant of it) for Su-30 upgrades. Is the upgrade onlee for Super Su-30? If I understand correctly, the Super Su-30 is the Strategic forces plane and not the upgrade to vanilla Su-30MKI, right?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I thought Rafale is going to be kept aside of Strategic forces. Now M2K are having that role. Am I wrong?
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Yagnasri wrote:I thought Rafale is going to be kept aside of Strategic forces. Now M2K are having that role. Am I wrong?
There was news some time back that SFC was looking for 2 Squadron of MKI hardwired for Nuke Role , Then came Rafale with Vishnu Som and other reports mentioning it was for Strategic Role , Officially they wont confirm even M2K is used in that role ...Its all Foggy for good reason.
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

Zynda wrote:There were reports that Russia is offering 117S (or a variant of it) for Su-30 upgrades. Is the upgrade onlee for Super Su-30? If I understand correctly, the Super Su-30 is the Strategic forces plane and not the upgrade to vanilla Su-30MKI, right?
We will be first customers for that engine and the growing pain that comes being first users of any product. If its incremental and better reliability than the existing engines then its good news. I think the only way to ensure such a thing is true is to ask for a few articles and test them in India under our conditions, first on bench and then on MKI before retrofitting the whole fleet with it.
Mihir
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Mihir »

Rakesh wrote:This is HUGE! I have not seen this picture before, so forgive my excitement!!! :)
Enjoy Jingos...if you already have not seen it!
Do not forget to click on the magnifying glass on the top right hand corner of the photo.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... ZUdWlwOEZ3
Optical illusion, saar. The gent is standing below the port stabiliser.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Saar, I am talking about zooming in and out of the picture - the magnifying glass (the one with the positive symbol). I am excited because this is the first time (for me!) that I am seeing an Astra BVRAAM up close.
Mihir
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Mihir »

I'm an idiot. I understood "this is huge" as "this missile is huge", lol!
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Mihir, this is actually my fault. I confused Pratyush as well, as I posted the same message in the Missiles thread.

I should have mentioned Astra in my original post.
Rayar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Rayar »

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

http://www.tehelka.com/2017/03/indian-a ... picks=true

seems a chetak also toppled on uneven ground landing though it looks recoverable. the su30 is a total writeoff.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Cybaru wrote:
Zynda wrote:There were reports that Russia is offering 117S (or a variant of it) for Su-30 upgrades. Is the upgrade onlee for Super Su-30? If I understand correctly, the Super Su-30 is the Strategic forces plane and not the upgrade to vanilla Su-30MKI, right?
We will be first customers for that engine and the growing pain that comes being first users of any product. If its incremental and better reliability than the existing engines then its good news. I think the only way to ensure such a thing is true is to ask for a few articles and test them in India under our conditions, first on bench and then on MKI before retrofitting the whole fleet with it.
the 117S is in service on the su35 in RuAF.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Singha wrote:http://www.tehelka.com/2017/03/indian-a ... picks=true

seems a chetak also toppled on uneven ground landing though it looks recoverable. the su30 is a total writeoff.
The only good part or perhaps the best is Pilots got saved to fly another day
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

we are losing metrics. please collect more so that we can analyze on these failures
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

rajat pandit:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 655259.cms

load of data.. someone needs to verify
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Russia and India signed an agreement on service support Su-30MKI Indian Air Force

Подробнее на ТАСС:
http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/4104115
NEW DELHI, 17 March. / TASS /. United Aircraft Corporation and the Indian company Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) signed an agreement of service support Su-30MKI Indian Air Force, reports Trend. TASS reported from the signing ceremony.

The agreement was signed by the president KLA Slyusarev Jury and Chairman of the corporation HAL Suvarna Raju in the presence of the head of Russian Industry and Trade Denis Manturov and Acting Minister of Defence of India Arun Dzheytli in the framework of the Russian-Indian military-industrial conference. The contract will be valid for five years, with possible extension.

President of the KLA, said the company is not only interested in increasing the volume of technology supply, but also in improving the speed and quality of after-sales service, building an integrated customer support system. "The right to perform service abroad - an important step in this direction, we believe that this will significantly increase the efficiency of the KLA after-sales service of our products abroad, we also look forward to growth in revenue from this direction.." - Slusar said.

According to the KLA, the fleet of Su-30MKI in India has more than 230 units, and in the future will exceed 270 aircraft. The planned volume of shipments in the next five years could reach $ 300 million. In December 2016 the KLA has acquired the right to supply spare parts, as well as for repairs and maintenance of the park earlier delivered aircraft abroad.

"Together with the work on software licensed production, repair and modernization of the Su and MiG aircraft, the KLA together with HAL is working on a program of joint development of aircraft, such as prospective multifunctional fighter (FGFA)", - said the head of Industry and Trade Denis Manturov.

Подробнее на ТАСС:
http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/4104115
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Planned Su-30MKI upgrade

Via AFM/April 2017

DETAILS HAVE emerged
of the major upgrade
planned for the Indian
Air Force (IAF) Su-30MKI
fleet. Hindustan
Aeronautics Ltd (HAL)
officials confirmed
the company will be
one of the primary
contractors involved
in the programme.
Indian defence minister
Manohar Parrikar said
Russia and India were
expected to sign a formal
contract later this year,
once the technical
requirements had been
finalised.

Alexander Artyukhov,
CEO of Russia’s United
Engine Corporation, said
that the company has
offered the AL-41F-1S
turbofan to re-engine
the IAF Su-30MKIs. The
powerplant, which is
currently being installed
on the Su-35, offers 18%
more thrust than the
Saturn AL-31F that is
fitted in the Su-30MKI.
HAL company chairman
T Suvarna Raju said
the upgrade would
be carried out in two
phases, with a contract
for phase one expected
to be signed within 90
days. He did not say
what would be included
in the initial deal.

Dubbed the ‘Super
Sukhoi’, the upgraded
IAF Su-30MKI will feature
a modernised cockpit,
along with an active
electronically scanned
array (AESA) radar, plus
advanced avionics and
sensors. The Indo-
Russian developed
BrahMos supersonic
cruise missile will also
be integrated. After an
upgraded prototype
has been built in
Russia, the remaining
aircraft are expected
to be modernised
in India by HAL.

The IAF has ordered
222 HAL-built Su-30MKIs,
in addition to 50
produced in Russia.
HAL has manufactured
183 to date. The order
will be completed by
2020 and the company
is currently able to
produce 12 aircraft
annually. Dave Allport
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

Sukhoi asked 250 million dollars for integration of Brahmos to Su-30. So they decided to do it in India itself.

Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

India, Russia sign pacts for maintenance of Sukhoi jets

http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 119_1.html
India and Russia on Friday signed two key agreements for long-term maintenance and technical support for Russian-made Su-30MKI fighter jets of the Indian Air Force.

Currently, the IAF operates around 230 Su-30MKI fighter jets and according to the agreements, Russian defence majors United Aircraft Corporation and the United Engine Corporation will render technical support and provide maintenance services and spares for the fleet for a period of five years.

The pacts were signed between India's Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and the two Russian companies in presence of Defence Minister Arun Jaitley and Russia's Industry and Trade Minister Denis Manturov.

Speaking on the occasion, Manturov said Russia will provide critical support for maintenance of Russian-origin aircraft and military platforms.

"Along with the work on the programs of licensed production, repair and upgrade of Su and MiG planes, the United Aircraft-Building Corporation is carrying out work jointly with HAL on jointly developing the FGFA (Fifth- Generation Fighting Aircraft)," he said.

United Aircraft-Building Corporation President Yuri Slyusar said his company will ensure proper maintenance of the frontline fighter fleet of the IAF.

"We believe the pact will allow the United Aircraft- Building Corporation to considerably increase the efficiency of providing after-sale services for the jets," he said.

The agreements were signed at a conference on India-Russia Military and Industrial Cooperation.

The conference is aimed at addressing issues relating to life-cycle support and maintenace of Su-30MKI aircraft, Mi-17 helicopters, Mig-29K jets, T-90 tanks and aircraft carrier Vikramaditya.
Last edited by Austin on 18 Mar 2017 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

has some interesting details in this tender on MKI

Invitation for “Empanelling Vendors for Make in India Programme for SU-30 MkI”

http://www.hal-india.com/Common/Uploads ... 0SU-30.pdf
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

since the later blocks su30 will serve in our colours for 40 yrs until 2050, it is time to do a J15 and start putting in our own stuff into it, including attempting a large replacement radar. time to stop being good little munna.