India-US relations: News and Discussions III

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions III

Post by Singha »

Lalmohan wrote:
Austin wrote:There is a reason why Trump calls # CNN ....#Fake News
and there are more eyeballs and TRP's when there are nekkid sadhus drinking out of skulls than when a rishi is meditating under a tree... i would call it lazy television
Ej complex put them upto this
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

yes there is the EJ angle, but its easy to produce - ekksottik yeendeeyah...
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Singha wrote:
Lalmohan wrote:
and there are more eyeballs and TRP's when there are nekkid sadhus drinking out of skulls than when a rishi is meditating under a tree... i would call it lazy television
Ej complex put them upto this
Reza Aslan is a well-spoken Jihadi.

If we need proof that when it comes to Hindus, EJs and the actual Muslim Jihadis are both on the same team, this is it.

We should have learned this lesson when the two teams united, along with the fake Indo-liberals, to manage Modi's visa rejection.

Going forward, I would say US Hindus should take the support of US Muslims, and speak up for general tolerance and goodwill, when it suits them, but should not scruple to stab them in the back when that is the right thing to do, as Shivaji did to Afzal Khan and Shaista Khan.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Dipanker wrote:
arun wrote:
Meanwhile Pakistan has got the US Trump Administration to reopen the aid spigot. USD 350 Mio of Coalition Support Fund aka CSF released:

Pakistan receives $350mn under Coalition Support Fund
With Paki pasand "Mad Dog" Mattis as Sec. of Def. it was only a matter of time that the spigot would be reopened.
Dipanker, Agree regards the Paki Pasand credentials of Gen. James Mattis, the US Secretary of Defence. I had said as much on page 20 of this thread in response to a poster who had momentarily claimed Gen. James Mattis was “the voice of reason” and again on page 55:
arun wrote:
arun wrote:
That will remain to be seen if he is going to be the voice of reason from an Indian perspective going by the below article on Gen. James Mattis which suggests that he would more likely appease the Mohammadden Terrorist Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan especially the Uniformed Jihadi’s of the Punjabi dominated Military rather than be tough:

Trump’s New Defence Secretary Was Obama’s Go-To Man to Keep Pakistani Generals Happy : In the aftermath of the Raymond Davis and bin Laden affairs, General James Mattis was key in maintaining ties with top Pakistani military leadership.
Happy days are back again for the Uniformed Jihadi’s of the Punjabi dominated Military of the Terrorist Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

US President Obama’s “Go-To Man to Keep Pakistani Generals Happy” indicates in his confirmation hearing for the position of US Secretary of Defence in the incoming Donald Trump Presidency that the US will continue to “incentivise” the Mohammadden Terrorist Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan with more jizya / jaziya steroids.

India will need to prepare for another round of the Mohammadden Terrorist Fomenting Islamic Republics of Pakistan’s US cash, US weapons and US sundry jizya / jaziya fuelled steroid rage :

US to incentivise Pakistan’s cooperation, says Mattis
“If confirmed, I will work with the State Department and the Congress to incentivise Pakistan’s cooperation on issues critical to our national interests and the region’s security, with focus on Pakistan’s need to expel or neutralise externally-focused militant groups that operate within its borders, Mr Mattis told the committee while responding to a question.”
Anyway Gen. James Mattis seems to be the archetypical example of those who US legislator Ted Poe described as thinking that “personal” links with the Crore Commanders can provide a hedge against the perifidy of Pakistan. The excerpt:

“The Pakistani military plays to its various constituencies in Washington very well—especially defense corporations, some residual voices in the intelligence community and parts of the foreign-policy establishment for whom “maintaining access” in Islamabad edges out realism.

Repeat: None of this is news. Each new generation of senior U.S. commanders thinks it can square the circle, relying on “personal” links with Pakistani army corps commanders

For the link on BRF for the article by Ted Poe:

Clicky
Last edited by arun on 11 Mar 2017 00:57, edited 2 times in total.
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

I suspect the deep state has gained its hold on Zees cojones. All so quiet and back to biziness now.

Zee is a one term brezident.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 585497.cms
Jeff Sessions asks 46 Obama-era US attorneys to resign
Reuters | Updated: Mar 11, 2017, 07.36 AM IST
WASHINGTON: US Attorney General Jeff Sessions has asked the remaining 46 chief federal prosecutors left over from the Obama administration to resign, including Manhattan US Attorney Preet Bharara who had been asked to stay on in November by then President-elect Donald Trump.
A Justice Department spokeswoman confirmed the resignation requests applied to Bharara. However, it was not immediately clear if all resignations would ultimately be accepted.
Bharara was unsure where he stood because he did not know if the person who contacted him was aware that Trump had asked him to remain in office, according a source familiar with the matter. Bharara's office handles some of the most critical business and criminal cases passing through the federal judicial system.
US attorneys are political appointees, and the request from Trump's Justice Department is part of a routine process. Not every new administration replaces all US attorneys at once.
Bharara met with Trump in Trump Tower on November 30. Afterward, Bharara told reporters the two had a "good meeting" and he had agreed to stay on.
Gautam
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ion-214889
The Man Who Wants to Unmake the West
Europeans are starting to worry that Steve Bannon has the EU in his cross hairs. Here’s how the White House could genuinely help pull it apart.
By MICHAEL CROWLEY March/April 2017
It was the day after Britain voted to leave the European Union in June, and the Western world was still absorbing the shock. With no clear plan for what would come next, the globe’s fifth-biggest economy had abruptly announced a divorce from the neighbors it had been trading with for nearly 45 years. Markets plunged. “A calamity,” declared the New York Times. “Global panic,” proclaimed one London headline.
Steve Bannon had a different reaction. He booked the calamity’s chief architect as a guest on his radio show to celebrate.
This was then still weeks before Bannon emerged into the national spotlight as CEO of Donald Trump’s struggling presidential campaign. Bannon was an executive at Breitbart News, an activist-editor-gadfly known mostly on the far right, and the “Brexit” campaign was something of a pet project. He hitched onto the Tea Party movement early in Barack Obama’s presidency and noticed a similar right-populist wave rising across the Atlantic, where fed-up rural, white Britons were anxious about immigration and resentful of EU bureaucrats. The cause touched on some of Bannon’s deepest beliefs, including nationalism, Judeo-Christian identity and the evils of Big Government. In early 2014, Bannon launched a London outpost of Breitbart, opening what he called a new front “in our current cultural and political war.” The site promptly began pointing its knives at the EU, with headlines like “The EU Is Dead, It Just Refuses to Lie Down”; “The European Union’s Response to Terrorism Is a Massive Privacy Power Grab”; “Pressure on Member States to Embrace Trans Ideology.” One 2014 article invited readers to vote in a poll among “the most annoying European Union rules.”
Bannon’s site quickly became tightly entangled with the United Kingdom Independence Party, a fringe movement with the then-outlandish goal of Britain’s exit from the EU. In October 2014, UKIP’s leader, Nigel Farage, poached a Breitbart London editor to work for him. That September, Bannon hosted a dinner for Farage at his Capitol Hill townhouse. Standing under a large oil painting by the fireplace, Farage delivered a speech that left the dozens of conservative leaders in attendance “blown away,” as Bannon later recalled.
On June 23 of last year, Britons defied the pleas of Europe’s political elites and narrowly voted for Brexit. Many observers called it the most traumatic event in the history of a union whose origins date to the 1950s. Suddenly the future of all Europe, whose unity America had spent the decades since World War II cultivating, lay in doubt. It was the next day that Bannon hosted Farage for a triumphal edition of his daily radio show.
“The European Union project has failed,” Farage declared. “It is doomed, I’m pleased to say.”
“It’s a great accomplishment,” Bannon said. “Congratulations.”
Gautam
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

In their hectic pursuit of Disstrumpology, ppl here appear 2 have missed this small item:
A list of the US attorneys asked to resign was not immediately available. But one of them is the high-profile US attorney in Manhattan, Preet Bharara, according to a Justice Department official. Bharara met with President Donald Trump at Trump Tower after the November election and told reporters that Trump had asked him to stay on, and that he agreed to do so.
No comment.
krishna_krishna
BRFite

Post by krishna_krishna »

Wow this is big, so he was asked initially to stay on and then asked to resign.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I think he tried to worm his way into bipartisan deep state. Targeted the right colour of ppl. But ultimately its a white boys club and membership fell through.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

I guess its his version of story , Trump must have told him to stay till he decides what to do with all the AG of Obama Appointee , its just normal thing to do for any new administration.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

But done with such Trumpanzee finesse. The stories that ppl related here about the joys of dealing with the 'Zee organization come to mind. :LOL
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

He is going for a showdown by refusing to resign. Popcorn time. I hope he gets to know where he really stands in zee mindspace of goras.
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

Zee latest on teetar: Pleet Bharwala has been fired by Zee admin. I just wished he had created more drama before he left. This is just too dignified, but not surprising: much like a house slave thanking massa after a fine session of whipping.

TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

you toss accusations of racism like tossing popcorn at a movie theater.

this is trump cleaning out the department of justice.

I have no idea why those 46 jobs are politically appointed. I think it is a stupid idea and potentially dangerous to the Republic.
Last edited by TSJones on 12 Mar 2017 02:01, edited 1 time in total.
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

TSJji In this particular case, I am afraid you misunderstood me. I am not throwing accusations at zee man. I am only commenting on how Advocate Pleet is behaving when he is being shown his place in the grand scheme of things, which were not very different before or after zee man decided to drain the swamp by deciding to run for brezident.

BTW: I do support draining the swamp. The question is would he go far enough.

About the political appointments: I looked into it sometime back. There is no other way that is cleaner than that. Every other way causes long term corruption more than the level that currently exists. We can discuss more in the Understanding massa thread.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

There are around 93 US attorneys; each of Reagan, Clinton & Bush fired 85+ of them. Nothing unusual here; except if - and we don't know that - Bharara was actively investigating Russian mob ties to the Trump organization.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

TSJones wrote:you toss accusations of racism like tossing popcorn at a movie theater.

this is trump cleaning out the department of justice.

I have no idea why those 46 jobs are politically appointed. I think it is a stupid idea and potentially dangerous to the Republic.
"cleaning out " ? I dont think so. Just replacing one set of political appointees with another.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

A_Gupta wrote:There are around 93 US attorneys; each of Reagan, Clinton & Bush fired 85+ of them. Nothing unusual here; except if - and we don't know that - Bharara was actively investigating Russian mob ties to the Trump organization.
It all over the news channels now. Bharara claims that Trump personally asked him to stay on. Asking him to resign on a Friday shows a lack of etiquette. But that has never stopped DT. By getting fired he is getting the mileage from the Democrats/news reporters that he may need later on. I am afraid we may not have seen the last of this man.
Gautam
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

A_Gupta wrote:There are around 93 US attorneys; each of Reagan, Clinton & Bush fired 85+ of them. Nothing unusual here; except if - and we don't know that - Bharara was actively investigating Russian mob ties to the Trump organization.
:) Nicely slipped in (say Russia, Trump & mob often enough and people will believe it's the truth]\}, ....But rather than speculating about what "we" don't know "we" could concentrate on what is being actually reported as part of the Bharara firing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/11/us/p ... .html?_r=0
(And the reporting is by the NY Times not Breitbart News)
Mr. Bharara’s office is overseeing a pending case against former close aides and associates of Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo and an inquiry into people close to Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York City
Mr. Bharara’s dismissal came about a year into his office’s investigation of Mr. de Blasio’s campaign fund-raising, an inquiry that is examining whether the mayor or his aides traded beneficial acts for political donations. And Mr. Bharara leaves his post at a sensitive juncture: Mr. de Blasio was interviewed recently by prosecutors who appeared to be in the final stages of determining whether to seek charges in the matter.
Maybe Trump wants to make certain that Bharara, a Obama political appointee, does not give a pass to the Democratic Governor and Democratic Mayor of New York/NYC.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

ldev wrote: Maybe Trump wants to make certain that Bharara, a Obama political appointee, does not give a pass to the Democratic Governor and Democratic Mayor of New York/NYC.
I do not think so. Remember Rajat Gupta and Raj Rajaratnam and Divyani Khobragade, he also went after Dems and Repubs, where ever he found them. Bharara would go after everybody, and that may have included even DT, had he remained. My assumption is that he was let go as DT has been pressured to let go of all hold overs from Ombaba's admin. The leaks are making them crazy.
Gautam
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Bharara ever go against any big name goras? All his 'famous' victims seem to be SDRE. Good riddance, for whatever reason it might be.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

^devyani should feel more secure now
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Leaks are just crazy. When have we heard running commentary type description on what things like what Trupanzee spoke with Australian president? It is stupid of people to do that which gives them no real thing to hit Zee. Yes, it shows him a bit crazy. But that is almost known to everyone. His voters know that he a bit crazy and maybe that is why they voted. It is already known that most of his voters give a damn for what established wisdom is. If MSM and other idiots time and again say that he is a bit crazy, then he may even win next term. :mrgreen:
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

Raja Bose wrote:Bharara ever go against any big name goras? All his 'famous' victims seem to be SDRE. Good riddance, for whatever reason it might be.
Those are only the one's that caught BRF's attention. He's gone after a wide variety of offenders regardless of this race, religion and political affiliation.

And his most 'famous' cases were arguably convictions of the heads of the state assembly & state senate; Sheldon Silver (D) and Dean G. Skelos (R) on corruption charges.

The Khobragade prosecution took place on directions from the State Dept (DSS). And Rajaratnam, Rajat Gupta & co. were quite simply guilty, and only one of dozens of cases pursued by Bharara's office against crooks on Wall St.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

Raja Bose wrote:Bharara ever go against any big name goras? All his 'famous' victims seem to be SDRE. Good riddance, for whatever reason it might be.
preet is a protege of chuck schumer.

he has gone after SAC capital and steve cohen and also prosecuted sheldon silver speaker of the ny state assembly.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

End of 2015 article on P. Bharara:
http://cityandstateny.com/articles/poli ... MS1IdxM8n0
With the respective public corruption convictions of Sheldon Silver, the former Democratic Assembly speaker, and Dean Skelos, the ex-Senate Republican majority leader, Bharara has picked off two of the most powerful elected officials in the state – veritable institutions of their parties, legislative gatekeepers and now symbols of Albany’s culture of cronyism.
Before Silver’s arrest in January on corruption charges, New York political circles were already abuzz about Bharara and his office’s record of nailing legislative scalps. His conviction record reads like a roll call vote: former state Sens. Vincent Leibell, Hiram Monserrate, Carl Kruger and Malcolm Smith, as well as ex-City Council members Dan Halloran and Larry Seabrook – legislators who, in hindsight, might be characterized as low-hanging fruit for a prosecutor prioritizing public corruption.
Regardless of what happens in the future, Bharara has fundamentally altered not only the scope and priorities of the U.S. attorney’s office, but the political conversation in the state Capitol. For the first time as governor, Cuomo will not be joined on the dais at the January State of the State address by Silver and Skelos, his former partners in power. The governor should acknowledge that symbolism in a meaningful way by devoting some of his legislative agenda to ethics reform, along with priorities such as raising the minimum wage and addressing the state’s homelessness crisis. It would be shockingly tone-deaf for a politician as skilled as Cuomo not to put his finger in the air and notice that the winds are moving in the direction of greater public accountability.

And for that, he can begrudgingly thank Preet Bharara..
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

May become Lt. Governor of NY? Do they have such a thing? The Khobragade thing was definitely a low point of his career. Showed him as mean and vicious, not as Champion of Justice. And he got his Khalistani ass kicked. Trump treated him like toilet paper.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

#disillusioned warrior john mcafee says what we all know

https://twitter.com/Pamela_Moore13/stat ... 1195555842

The 'Nimr' Tiger Retweeted
Pamela Moore‏ @Pamela_Moore13 10h10 hours ago
JOHN McAFEE speaks the truth: If it looks like Russia did it, I can GUARANTEE you - It WASN'T Russia

Memo to the Resistance
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

I agree...good riddance. It is well known that most of these politically appointed attorneys are fired when a new administration takes over. Nothing new there. What is interesting is Bharara's attitude after being fired. He thinks he is special (having taken great pains over the years to suck up to the NY liberals while cultivating a disdain of everything Indian).

I haven't kept track, but I am assuming the bunch of "Indian" jokers propped up by Obamudu have already disappeared or soon will...I am talking about the likes of Kalpen Modi, Richard Verma, et al.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

KL Dubey wrote:I agree...good riddance. It is well known that most of these politically appointed attorneys are fired when a new administration takes over. Nothing new there. What is interesting is Bharara's attitude after being fired. He thinks he is special (having taken great pains over the years to suck up to the NY liberals while cultivating a disdain of everything Indian).

I haven't kept track, but I am assuming the bunch of "Indian" jokers propped up by Obamudu have already disappeared or soon will...I am talking about the likes of Kalpen Modi, Richard Verma, et al.
1) Actually, when Bill Clinton fired US Attorneys in 1993 -- the press went wild and accused him of treason.

2) Clinton actually fired the White House Travel office staff, and the press went wild. When the obese, adulteous draft dodger, Gingrich, became Speaker of the House, Congress actually investigated this.

3) Confirms to the world (as if any more proof was needed) that Trump's word means nothing.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

komal wrote: 1) Actually,

means nothing.
You may very well be right about all of those things. However, I was just pointing out Bharara's reaction and attitude.
Neshant
BRF Oldie

Post by Neshant »

Preet Brarara's ass has been fired.

I recall his name from the Devyani Khobragrade diplomat incident in which he played a role in getting her arrested.

----

Trump Fires US Attorney Preet Bharara After He Refuses To Quit

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-1 ... et-bharara

Fired US prosecutor Bharara had build case against diplomat Khobragade

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 610812.cms
Melwyn

Post by Melwyn »

Good riddance but how does all this affect the Indo-US relation in any way?
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Read Dinesh D'Sousa's comments about Bharara. Pot calling the kettle black?
Karma will catch up to Dinesh too.
Gautam
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

g.sarkar wrote:Read Dinesh D'Sousa's comments about Bharara. Pot calling the kettle black?
Karma will catch up to Dinesh too.
Gautam
Oh the irony. Indian masquerading as the good protestant wannabe white boy teasing a fellow Sepoy.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

anmol wrote:Dinesh D'Souza gloats at Pleet Bhalala's ass being grass
Namaste Anmolji!!! Long time no see in these parts! A small celebration is in order no doubt. Not just Bhalala, but it looks like some entire floors of Foggy Bottom have been swept clean. Also, a Khalistani terrorist got convicted in Reno.

OTOH, Dinesh D'Souza is a far worse one, hain? At least Bhalala is not a cretin and a total waste of oxygen like Dinesh.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

time honoured tactic to use the natives to oppress other natives.

Gen reginald dyer did not kill anyone in jallianwala bagh - his gurkha troops did
the angrez jailers did not torture anyone in kala paani jail - their jallad native underlings did
who smashed the head of maulana azad with a stick ? - a desi policeman!

a good way for the white boys to cluck their tongues and give white gloves clean.

I was watching the contrived ending of the new tarzan movie yesterday...even in the steamy heat of the congo, the way they had built a european city, complete with spacious verandahs and white tablecloths for the goras to enjoy their food in soot and boot was amazing....it was only the wildebeest and buffalo crashing through it that roughed them up a tad.

each englishman in india must have had 10-20 underlings at work and home on an average to "support" the sahib overcome the heat, dust and flies.