Levant crisis - III

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Re: Levant crisis - III

Post by UlanBatori »

Let's not diss Bangadesh and Myanmar and Sri Lanka.
Bhurishravas
BRFite

Post by Bhurishravas »

Bhurishravas wrote:
Austin wrote:Reason why I recommend a formal military alliance with China and Russia not that I like it but International order needs balance of power , Else US can attack and sanction any nations on any pretext as it seems fit and will enforce it among all
https://sputniknews.com/world/201704091 ... ump-haley/
Why you leave Pakistan? Hain jee.
India, Pakistan, China, Russia and Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan(under Taliban) should form a military alliance against US.
India can also help with the transfer of missiles and Nukes from China to Pakistan. Take delivery in himachal or Nepal and deliver it at Wagah border.
Cheers.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Al masdar

AMN Al Masdar News المصدر نيوز
Home Syria
Syria
Russia, Iran and Hezbollah military leaders release joint statement, threatens the U.S.
By Paul Antonopoulos - 09/04/20176

BEIRUT, LEBANON (3:50 P.M.) – The military operation rooms of Russia, Iran, Hezbollah and other allies have just released a new joint statement. This joint statement was spurred on by US aggression that saw the country strike the Shayrat Airbase in rural Homs with Tomahawk missiles.

The statement released in Arabic states that the allied operations room recognizes that the US is supporting the separation of northern Syria and Iraq from their respective states.

Point seven of the statement details how all US military are legitimate targets as they have crossed every red line possible and operate illegally in Syria. It then emphasizes that the joint military operations room will respond strongly to any aggression and any violation made by the US in Syria.

Advertisement

They they go onto reiterate their full support of the Syrian Army to fully liberate every part of Syria occupied by terrorist forces.

It then goes onto state how they will not allow a unipolar world with the United States as the dominate power to continue to impose its will across the globe.

The statement then concludes by stating that they will only increase their support for the Syrian Army to continue its fight against terrorist forces plaguing Syria.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Hmm! This is only good as a negotiating ploy, if there is a swift move to negotiations. Unfortunately these nations do not have the clout to get even a UN GA resolution condomning NATO/YooEss/Israeli/KSA/Turkey aggression. Impressive, what the Bolivian did, waving photos of Al Quolin Bin Powell showing off his "proof" of Iraqi WMD. But it is a pretty sad statement that even that reminder does nothing for the flunkies on the UNSC or the majority of sheep in the UNGA.

All in all, fun time for PeeAllSee to take over Taiwan. Maybe SoKo too, I hadn't thought of that. The BRFMonitor prediction long ago was that if the US started a war with NoKo, it would be the PeeAllSee that decided when the war should end, and by that time, Taiwan would be part of PeeAllSee, SoKo would be in ruins, and Iran would have enough nukes to force a standoff. I'd add loss of Diego Garcia to that too. Plus a pro-PeeAllSee regime change in Phillippines.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 09 Apr 2017 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

^^ Seems fake news , The only ops center for Syria & Iraq ops is in Iraq manned jointly by Iraq , Russian,Iran Generals , thats been the case since day 1 one Russian armed forces entered Iraq

There is no ops center in lebonon operated by Hizb Iran Russia , So unless you hear from MOD of Russia and Iran its fake
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

Singha wrote:Point seven of the statement details how all US military are legitimate targets as they have crossed every red line possible and operate illegally in Syria. It then emphasizes that the joint military operations room will respond strongly to any aggression and any violation made by the US in Syria.
So what are the Iranians or Russians going to do? Launch anti ship Missiles at US vessels? Launch air-attacks on US forces in Syria or Iraq?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Shadow boxing and hybrid war...all news is semi fake now to keep players guessing
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Iraq calls for end to further escalation in Syria, ‘urgent’ international probe

https://www.rt.com/news/384054-escalati ... -conflict/
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Al-Abadi, in a telephone call with US Vice President Mike Pence, highlighted the need to end the escalation of the Syrian conflict and conduct an urgent investigation into the suspected chemical weapons attack.

Abadi “stressed the need to develop a comprehensive plan to stop the escalation in Syria and unite efforts to eliminate Daesh [Arabic acronym for IS] and other terrorist organizations,” the Iraqi government said in a statement.

“Iraq considers the use of chemical weapons in Syria a condemned and denounced crime,” Abadi said, according to the statement.

“We are with the Syrian people who were the victims, just like the Iraqi people who were also victims of being hit with chemical weapons by the former [Saddam Hussein] regime,” he noted, calling for an “urgent international investigation” into the use of chemical weapons.

US Vice President Mike Pence meanwhile “affirmed that US policy in the region didn’t change, and its priority is to defeat Daesh in Iraq and the region,” the Iraqi statement concluded.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

Trumpster will put his quality people on it.

action plan soon to follow.

then geointel.mil......all 15,000 of them........and their mega super computers.
Last edited by TSJones on 09 Apr 2017 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

I have been saying this for a while now. At least now we can move past drawing 200 nautical mile bubbles around a radar/SAM and claiming that this area is immune.
TSJones wrote:Trumpster will put his quality people on it.
Yup. Only the best :lol: [BTW does someone make kevlar martini glasses?]

Last edited by brar_w on 09 Apr 2017 22:09, edited 5 times in total.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

The Last thing Iraq would want in Syria is for Sunni Terrorist to control Syria , They have the same aim as Iran stop the rise of Sunni Terrorist taking over Syria and has been very instrumental in providing Manpower and Material to Syrian forces.

Not to mention the unlimited fly over by Russian Airforce and cruise missile attack that has to pass over Iran and Iraq airspace to reach Syria.

This is Sunni and Shia fight going on in Syria
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

UlanBatori wrote:Gagan: How can you tell that it is a Su-24, not MiG-23?

Forebody/front fuselage looks too circular in cross-section to be a Su-24, hain? IMO these pics could equally well have come from when SAA recaptured some air base after Daesh had been around, or after the recent TOW attack on an airbase when some aircraft were shaheed. I still maintain that 59 SLCMs have gone missing from inventory. Maybe the booster stages were fired.
Wow. I never thought it would be so difficult.

Anyhow after much Googling I discovered that the open nosewheel doors and the little probe under the starboard side of the forward fuselage are from MiG 23s. So it is a Mig 23
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

maybe the rodina should be a little cautious about flying over iraq, eh? especially after their recent pronouncements.....

when the bulldog gets hungry.......gotta eat.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Back in 2003 I remember telling someone with 100% assurance that there would be no American invasion of Iraq - it was all bluster, no one in their right mind would leap into such a quagmire. About a week before the invasion started. I could not imagine that the WHOTUS would be that stupid, but they exceeded my expectations.

So what about now? How sure are ppl here that there is enough intelligence at work to avoid heading into a global NBC exchange? Nice knowing all of you.

US launches unprovoked SLCM attack, which, if anyone looked with open eyes, is entirely a fake attack except for the 6 Syrian dead.
Russia brings missile-carrying destroyer.
Russian cancels Collison Avoidance Agreement.
US threatens more strikes
US threatens more Sanctions against Russia, Iran, Syria (WHAT sanctions: "No more TOWS into Syria"? "No more exports of Norton's AntiVirus to Russia"? :rotfl: )
Iran-Russia-Syria threaten US....

US sends drone to draw gunfire.
Russia bombs more Flee Sillian Almy positions. Chlorine attack claimed by Moderate Terrorists.

What next?
Russia fires cruise missiles into Flee Sillian Almy.
US F/A-18 crashes after pilot blacks out. US blames Assad and send HARM missiles to destroy SAM radars.
ISIS soosai inflatables sink US missile destroyer.
US blames it on Assad since ISIS are Moderate US-based Fleedom Flighters.
US sends bombers over Syria.
Russian S-400/ Su-35s engage and shoot down a few. Russian aircraft losses also mount.
Houthis take out King Khaled air base, BandarSultan Airbase also shaheedized mysteriously. Houthi hordes sweep into major Saudi city.
Ukrainian Rebels reach The River across from Kiev.
US sends Pershing missiles to Moldavia.
Russian tactical missiles strike Moldavian SSMs.
Chinese anti-ship missiles strike US carrier in South China Sea (ppl seem to have forgotten that there is such a tamasha going on): All US Carrier groups are I believe on patrol now.
US strategic bombers strike NoKo near DMZ; ALCMs/SLCMs hit Ballistic Missile and nuclear facilities.
US bomber shot down flying to NoKo target over Russia.
Pershing missile goes off in Russia, fired from Moldavia.
Russian destroyer sunk off Syria.
Nuclear anti-ship missile targets US ship in Med.
US uses nuclear missile against Latakia Russian base.
Russia launches strategic missiles against NATO: London, Paris, Ankara.
US nukes Moscow, Petrograd, Minsk.
WW-3 and MAD.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 09 Apr 2017 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

dear boss, where is this angst coming from?

you didn't go through the cuban missile crisis. or practice duck and cover at school.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Borders in middle east and africa are lines on maps drawn by anglofrench lords for own reasons

Take syria iraq border...its no border at all

Isis moves freely across it
Kurds do it
And pmu will do it too when tal afar is over...

Same for jordan syria and iraq ksa.

Iraqis will crush any more Anbar sunni insurgency...so long as baghdad is able to crush isis up north and prevent any uprising in anbar the shia unbroken cresent from iran and hazara lands to lebanon will be there.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

US Seventh fleet within strike range of carrier-based nuke-carrying jets, coming to help genocidal Paki mofos. No different from what Syrian kids see today.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

TSJones wrote:maybe the rodina should be a little cautious about flying over iraq, eh? especially after their recent pronouncements.....

when the bulldog gets hungry.......gotta eat.
Its not about rodina but about Iraq and Iran having a common interest in having rodina fly instead of getting eaten by by GCC Sunni Ummah.

This fight is not really about US and Russia but more around Sunni vs Shia
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

I never understood why Kushner was in Iraq , That guy is like coming straight from Board Room of Corporate Office to War Room of Generals ..What value his visit will add to US military
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Could be a track2 mole to convey what official posts cannot and eyes n ears of the potus to xverify what his govt tells him
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Ghar ka damad hai woh , So all roles suite him as Father in Law sees it right :P
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

Austin wrote:I never understood why Kushner was in Iraq..
You can only keep delaying important things for so long...

Jared Kushner Quietly Transfers ‘Solve Middle East Crisis’ To Next Week’s To-Do List
WASHINGTON—Admitting there was simply too much on his plate right now to bring stability to the fractious region by end of day Friday, Senior Advisor to the President Jared Kushner quietly moved the task “solve Middle East crisis” to his to-do list for next week, sources reported Tuesday. “Ushering in lasting peace across the Mideast is definitely still a big priority for me, but given everything else I’ve got going on right now, I’m just going to need to bump it to next week when I have a little more time on my hands,” Kushner reportedly said as he crossed out the task on his pocket day planner and rewrote it on the following page, acknowledging that he was just “too swamped” at the moment with policy reports and real estate development meetings to resolve the numerous wars, land disputes, and centuries-old ethnic and religious tensions that have long raged among the 350 million residents of the geopolitical hotspot. “I was really hoping to at least knock out the Arab-Israeli conflict before the weekend, but this week’s kind of gotten out of hand. It’ll be fine, though—I’ll just carve out an hour or two next week, hunker down in my office, and sort it all out then. If I can push back a couple business calls, I can definitely get this whole Middle East situation ironed out by Wednesday—Thursday at the latest.” At press time, Kushner reportedly pushed “solve Middle East crisis” back an additional 30 minutes after deciding it would be better to get “fix America’s opioid epidemic” out of the way first.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

^^ SNL?
too swamped” at the moment with policy reports and real estate development meetin
gs
I was really hoping to at least knock out the Arab-Israeli conflict before the weekend, but
Weak attempt at a sense of humor by the SeeEnnEnn
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

brar_w wrote:
Austin wrote:I never understood why Kushner was in Iraq..
You can only keep delaying important things for so long...

Jared Kushner Quietly Transfers ‘Solve Middle East Crisis’ To Next Week’s To-Do List
WASHINGTON—Admitting there was simply too much on his plate right now to bring stability to the fractious region by end of day Friday, Senior Advisor to the President Jared Kushner quietly moved the task “solve Middle East crisis” to his to-do list for next week, sources reported Tuesday. “Ushering in lasting peace across the Mideast is definitely still a big priority for me, but given everything else I’ve got going on right now, I’m just going to need to bump it to next week when I have a little more time on my hands,” Kushner reportedly said as he crossed out the task on his pocket day planner and rewrote it on the following page, acknowledging that he was just “too swamped” at the moment with policy reports and real estate development meetings to resolve the numerous wars, land disputes, and centuries-old ethnic and religious tensions that have long raged among the 350 million residents of the geopolitical hotspot. “I was really hoping to at least knock out the Arab-Israeli conflict before the weekend, but this week’s kind of gotten out of hand. It’ll be fine, though—I’ll just carve out an hour or two next week, hunker down in my office, and sort it all out then. If I can push back a couple business calls, I can definitely get this whole Middle East situation ironed out by Wednesday—Thursday at the latest.” At press time, Kushner reportedly pushed “solve Middle East crisis” back an additional 30 minutes after deciding it would be better to get “fix America’s opioid epidemic” out of the way first.
the dude does have a sense of priority !! :shock:
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

Its the Onion..
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

Someone must have some objective that had to be achieved after the lrcm shower that vaporized 60 million dollahs from the tax that UBji, TSJji and I pay to unkle sam and zee man.

I am still trying to understand what that objective was.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Nero playing the harp while Rome goes up in flames .. what good is real estate if middle east flares up ..only inches away from armageddon .. hope the oil man soothes things with moscow !!
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

I predict........

raytheon stock going up! :D
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

kit wrote:Nero playing the harp while Rome goes up in flames .. what good is real estate if middle east flares up ..only inches away from armageddon .. hope the oil man soothes things with moscow !!
T Rex and Mad Dog are on it ! :)
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Kucinich: No evidence Assad was behind chemical attacks

http://video.foxnews.com/v/539139157000 ... show-clips
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Jm2pence...

These strikes could very well be wink wink between trump and putin, after all nobody really got hurt. Damage was kept to a minimum and it gets anti Russia lobby off Trump's back. Russia makes lots of noise and fakes pain to make it seem real, but business continues as usual. Last I heard the air base is already functioning.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Rep. Gabbard: Syria missile strike 'illegal and unconstitutional'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04 ... ional.html
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Cain Marko wrote:Jm2pence...

These strikes could very well be wink wink between trump and putin, after all nobody really got hurt. Damage was kept to a minimum and it gets anti Russia lobby off Trump's back. Russia makes lots of noise and fakes pain to make it seem real, but business continues as usual. Last I heard the air base is already functioning.
That sort off thing is best left to Putin made DT Win Election thread :wink:
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Gabbard, Kucinich, Rand and Ron Paul - they are fringe names - no real weight at all.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I am still trying to understand what that objective was.
And this from someone brought up on pucca desi rice hain?
1. Check oil prices. What's 60 million measly tax dollars compared to a 30-cent/gal price jump?
2. Boeing/Raytheon stocks.
3. They had to try stop the Idlib advance. If 2 chem attacks can be faked, so can 3 or 4...
4. 60 flashes, only 23 mijjiles seen. 2 aircraft bunkers and 2 petrol tanks ignited. 2 radar stations shaheed. OK, that's 6 warheads that actually exploded. At minimum, serious quality problems burned off.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 10 Apr 2017 07:44, edited 1 time in total.
Bhurishravas
BRFite

Post by Bhurishravas »

Hezbollah AoA vs Jabhat al Nusra AoA vs ISIS AoA. Let them all kill each other. And outside fellas should support whichever side seems to be losing at any point to balance it up.
That is the policy to follow in West Asia. US should come in support if sunnis are losing and Russia should support the shias.
And Russians and Americans should meet in geneva and sip Glenlivet and Vodka.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Steve Herman‏ @W7VOA
A meeting with #Russia President Putin has been removed from Secretary of State Tillerson's Moscow schedule
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Medium.com

H. R. McMaster Manipulating Intelligence Reports to Trump, Wants 150,000 Ground Soldiers in Syria
Current National Security Adviser Herbert Raymond “H. R.” McMaster is manipulating intelligence reports given to President Donald Trump, Cernovich Media can now report. McMaster is plotting how to sell a massive ground war in Syria to President Trump with the help of disgraced former CIA director and convicted criminal David Petraeus, who mishandled classified information by sharing documents with his mistress.
As NSA, McMaster’s job is to synthesize intellience reports from all other agencies. President Trump is being given an inaccurate picture of the situation in Syria, as McMaster is seeking to involve the U.S. in a full scale war in Syria.
The McMaster-Petraeus plan calls for 150,000 American ground troops in Syria.
Many special operations veterans including General Joseph Votel have raised serious concerns about McMaster’s plans for Syria.
Sources also suggest that McMaster is sharing classified information with Petraeus, whose security clearance was revoked.

Petraeus’ influence in the NSC remains strong.
McMaster was called Petraeus’ golden child by some commenters, noting the strong influence Petraeus had over McMaster. Petraeus was considered for the position of NSA, but withdrew his name from consideration once McMaster’s name was included on the short-list. McMaster’s appointment allowed Petraeus to maintain control over the NSC without bringing his considerable baggage to the position.
Derek Harvey, the top Middle East adviser in the NSC, has close ties with Petraeus and is close with McMaster. (Harvey reportedly faces a massive EEO complaint from subordinates, although that investigation remains open.)
Harvey and McMaster have been trying to subvert Joint Chiefs Chairman General Joseph Dunford and Secretary of Defense James Mattis. Mattis and Dunford support working with our allies in the fight against ISIS. Harvey and McMaster are advocating for a massive American-only ground force.
Two men were standing in between another U.S.-led war in the Middle East — General Mike Flynn and Steve Bannon.
Flynn was removed after Susan Rice unmasked classified information concerning him. Bannon’s role within the White House was weakened by McMaster, who demanded Bannon be removed from his advisory position at NSC.
McMaster’s friends in the media, as part of a broader strategy to increase McMaster’s power, have claimed Jared Kushner and Bannon had a major falling out. In fact Kushner and Bannon are united in their opposition to McMaster’s plan.
If McMaster and Petraeus have their way, America will find itself in another massive war in the Middle East.
— -
Mike Cernovich is the journalist who broke the Susan Rice unmasking story
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Iran's Rouhani calls Assad to stress backing for Syrian state
President Hassan Rouhani stressed Iran's support for the Syrian state in "its war against terrorism" during a call with his counterpart Bashar al-Assad on Sunday, condemning a US missile strike on Syria as a violation of its sovereignty. Syrian state news agency SANA said Assad told Rouhani the Syrian people and army were "determined to crush terrorism in every part of Syrian territory" and thanked him for Iran's support for "the Syrian nation." The United States launched a cruise missile attack on Friday against a Syrian airbase in response to a chemical weapons attack which killed 87 people including 31 children and which Washington says was carried out by the Syrian government. Assad's government has denied any involvement in the attack in the town of Khan Sheikhoun in the rebel-held Idlib province. (Reuters)