Understanding US thread-III

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding US thread-III

Post by Yayavar »

Gus wrote:not sure why it had to lead to forcible removal...usually they give good incentives to entire somebody to volunteer - $200+next flight+voucher for hotel stay usually does the trick.
If you have the flexibility...not everyone has that, and there is a chance no one accepts it.
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

unfortunate truth will be that somewhere in the fine-print it would have been written that the airlines has a right to ask passengers to deplane after boarding the plane, yada, yada, yada.

However use of force will cost United a lot which it should.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Yayavar wrote:If you have the flexibility...not everyone has that, and there is a chance no one accepts it.
seen that happen and after a while the airlines ups the offer and somebody usually takes it.

There are people who actually game this, by analyzing occupancies and booking tickets just to snag the offer.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Bouncing someone before boarding is one thing; setting up this stupid "random drawing" with no regard to individual circumstances and dragging them off and slamming them to the ground etc is quite another. I think the flight captain, head flt. attendant, gate manager, are all headed out the door, and so should United's CEO if the Board has any ****s. There was no emergency here, just biss-boor management compounded by abysmal racism on the part of the Chicago Polis. FAA and IATA should fine United as well.

What they offered was **MOST PROBABLY*** not "800 dollars" but some voucher good for another ticket on the same airline within a year yadayada. If they were serious, they should have to offer straight American Dollars, cash - and keep hiking the offer until someone accepted. I don't think they have any right to decide what someone's time is worth. Now I think the jury will decide it. 8) Like $50M. Which is why the CEO should be fired.

A good attorney should be able to take United to the cleaners, refusing to negotiate until a jury trial is close by - and talking freely to the media, esp. social media. An occasion, if I may say so, for the considerable web & angreji skills of desis to amplify the noise on behalf of our Chinese-American brethren (ah, yes, the Mongolian Commyoonitty has already offered assistance..)
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The mumbo-jumbo per Twitteristan:
The technical term for kicking passengers off oversold flights is “involuntarily denied boarding,” and there’s a whole section of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) that spells out how airlines are required to deal with these sorts of situations.

First, airlines are required to do everything they can to ensure “the smallest practicable number of persons holding confirmed reservation space” are kicked off a flight against their will. In a situation where there aren’t enough people willing to volunteer, federal regulations state that airlines must have a seating priority policy “written in such manner as to be understandable and meaningful to the average passenger” laying out how they choose which paying customers will be removed from a flight.

Airlines must make sure that their priority boarding policy “shall not make, give, or cause any undue or unreasonable preference or advantage to any particular person or subject any particular person to any unjust or unreasonable prejudice or disadvantage in any respect whatsoever.”

Examples of factors that can make you higher or lower on the boarding priority list, per the CFR, are the time a passenger checked in, whether a passenger had a seat assignment before arriving at the gate, the fare they paid, their frequent-flyer status, and if the passenger is disabled or is traveling as an unaccompanied minor.

It gets more complicated from there, but in certain situations, federal regulations state that passengers who are kicked off flights can be entitled to 200%-400% of their fare.

Ellie Hall and Talal Ansari contributed additional reporting to this story.
I doubt very much if the State Lotteries Commission has given United a license to conduct lotteries - where the winner is their own staff displacing fare-paying passengers in some rigged system. (just thinking like a good ol' Ambu-Chaser here..)
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

1. Plus, in the video, the goons shown are ***NOT*** in Police Uniform. A baseball cap and blue jeans do not a uniform make.
2. No one is obliged to pay attention to orders from some goon.
3. The AmbuChaser will make perfectly clear to the Jury that the good 69-year-old doc, at 6PM after a particularly hard day, settled into a seat and trying to sleep, had no reasonable way to identify that these goons were duly authorized law enforcement personnel -
4. even if said personnel had a duly signed warrant from a Judge/ Magistrate to remove him from a seat that he had paid for, and had occupied. They probably spoke in an illegible accent, if they spoke at all.
5. The doc wasn't committing any crime, he was sitting down minding his own business. No one had any right to touch him.
6. Apparently he was traveling with his wife - so this bijnej about random lottery stinks to houristan. They apparently picked on two couples to empty out 4 seats. That was random? Pah! The State Bingo Commission will have a few comments on that.
7. Note that Chicago O'Hare security wait times were somewhere between 40 minutes and 105 minutes, so there is a good reason why other passengers weren't really keen on repeating their airport experience next day. Maybe for $1500 cold cash each. That's the airline's problem.
8. And er.... The plane wasn't "overbooked" at all - except for United's employees who were trying to bully their way onto a plane where they had no confirmed reservation. THAT is just poor planning and as they say:

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Meanwhile, The Great State of Al-Obama returns to normal S.O.P. : Governor being impeached
Shockingly, this is not even about football, it's about some hootchie-kootchie. Standards are evidently slipping.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Looks Like Xi threw Trump a couple of bones: beef and allow majority owned foreign financial companies into China aka Goldman Sucks, to avert trade wars.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

still surprised tsj hasn't yet made an appearance to blame the unruly passenger for not being properly deferential and hence spinning that into a right yarn about he got what he deserved. perhaps some sympathic taquiya this time around
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Maybe got bounced off a United flt and enjoying the $800 voucher standing in line at O'Hare TSAgiri (JUST KIDDING!!!) :mrgreen:
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

Karan M wrote:still surprised tsj hasn't yet made an appearance to blame the unruly passenger for not being properly deferential and hence spinning that into a right yarn about he got what he deserved. perhaps some sympathic taquiya this time around
1. those were minority policemen so by their very definition they cannot be racist.

diversity is our strength. :)

2. I can't vouch for the good doctors behavior but if I am asked to the leave plane, trust me, I'm not going to start

screaming and sqawking like a plucked vhicken. :D

3. if some of chicago's finest in uniform confront's me I have enough G2 to know it's best to hire lawyers to do your fighting for you. :roll:
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

it's mighty fine to hack from russia but if you do, forget about doing international travel........ :)

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/rus ... up-n744911

just take your passport and throw it into the toilet because that is all it will be good for.

unless you're just visiting north korea..... :D
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

What's with this anyway? My dear friend the Police Lt. who used to call saying the IRS was after me, has been arrested returning from a grand vacation in Dubai at Mumbai airport. No Freedom of Communication, that's what! :) (JUST KIDDING!!!!)
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

I am so glad I voted for ze Trumpanzee. The world needs to see massa's real chehra- warts, boils and all. It is after all the land of the free (to get your mush kicked by burly bull-is dressed like gangstas) and the brave (you gotta be, in order to withstand all that mush whupping and still get up). I wont surprised if Chicago's finest thought they were paying back that uppity Chinaman for Vietnam.
Pathik
BRFite

Post by Pathik »

Why hasnt the media linked this incident to Trumps presidency yet?
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

"Understanding the US thread"... this whole question can now be answered by simply asking: What does the US Deep State want?

It's clear now that no US president actually has any power, at least when it comes to foreign policy. So if we want to know how to game the US or what to expect of them, put aside ALL assumptions of basic human decency from the Americans and assume they have a 100% controlled media (because they effectively do), then ask what benefits the military industrial complex, the banks, and the Jews that run those aforementioned banks? Factor in a good dose of Saudi influence and Cold War institutionalism and there you have it! A formula for how to deal with America on every issue.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

A new peak has been scaled in American news reporting. CNN Headline:

CAN TILLERSON SHAME PUTIN INTO ..... (getting lobotomized like CNN) :roll:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Oh, Joy! TSJi, time to buy United shares: down 6% in pre-trading. (what the H is "pre-trading" and "after-market trading" and why are these legal?)

And this:
Anger was not limited to the U.S. The incident was the number one trending topic Tuesday on Weibo, China's answer to Twitter, attracting more than 100 million views.
China is one of United's most important growth markets.
:rotfl:

I think United's China Chief is in for a taste of how the PeeAllSee deals with such stuff. Get the biscoots and masala chai to watch. They don't issue "strongly worded demarches". But I think butt-e-Chief ul United is in for some PLA boot application. I wouldn't be surprised if a Surprise Inspection found roaches in the cabin leading to a grounding of all United flights in China.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Pathik wrote:Why hasnt the media linked this incident to Trumps presidency yet?
Police/security know they can safely abuse the brown/black without any consequence and, perhaps, even be rewarded with a trip to the WH.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

komal wrote:
Pathik wrote:Why hasnt the media linked this incident to Trumps presidency yet?
Police/security know they can safely abuse the brown/black without any consequence and, perhaps, even be rewarded with a trip to the WH.
don't forget the gift cards to walmart!

they can buy all the stuff made in china........
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

TSJones wrote:
komal wrote:
don't forget the gift cards to walmart!

they can buy all the stuff made in china........
And appearances on Hannity/O'Reilly/Bartiromo. How, they lost their coal mining jobs under Obummer and had to take up security for United.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

From seeennenn;
Not enough seating? Prepare 4 a beating.
From the ChicaGestapo

From UBCN:
United: Fly the Fiendly Skies!
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

UB ji, come to think of it you are right after all. I read Anmol's links too. Probably somebody or other wants the US on their side. Who could it be? Or it might just be MIC who can MAGA through made in USA.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Yayavar wrote:
If you have the flexibility...not everyone has that, and there is a chance no one accepts it.
If they had upped it they would have had takers, I am sure. Also, why couldn't they put those crew on another flight? Was that the only flight that would have got them there?
jagga
BRFite

Post by jagga »

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

North Korea is looking for trouble. If China decides to help, that would be great. If not, we will solve the problem without them! U.S.A.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

I explained to the President of China that a trade deal with the U.S. will be far better for them if they solve the North Korean problem!
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Oh boy them white boys sure didn't like the fact that the screaming chinaman is getting all the sympathy for taking a few knocks to the head (Br1sh1t Raj 101: how to knock sense into a native, d'oh!). So the smear campaign has begun in earnest starting with an article in the Louisville Courier. United Airlines PR department is really awesome, no? 8)

David Dao, passenger removed from United flight, a doctor with troubled past

Media outlets smear victim of United Airlines brutality incident

Oh wait! Wasn't Louisville the place where they spat on Muhammad Ali becoz he was too uppity and proud of himself for winning an Olympic Gold Medal for his massa and demanded to sit at a restaurant with good honest white folks?

You see doctor was justified in getting a beating becoz he was convicted of fraudulent drug charges and worst of all, dared to have intercourse with his (probably white) secretary :eek: The immorality of it all! Outrage!!!! :evil: :evil: How can one blame United for doing a public service and thrashing that subhuman to within an inch of his life, hain??? Hey'all! They should have strung him up like the good ol days. The butt e chief of United Mr. Oscar deserves the Presidential Medal of Freedom for upholding American values on that flight.

And the best of all, this incident was a testimony to the high IQ and general knowledge of the CPD affsars. Guess what? The chinaman they were beating up as payback for Vietnam....hey'all he turned out to be a Viet after all! Hallelujah!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So Trump was also throwing bones to Xi!!!!

Y.Kannan, Trump's 100 days will be on 28 April. SO far nothing much to show. And the chemical weapon usage in Syria gave him an opportunity to break the labyrinth set around him by deep-state: Republicans and Democrats and govt. machinery.

Now even Democrats laud him for his boldness.

However looking at the strike effects and target chosen it was a brutus fulmen.
As for the template being applied to NoKo its a pipe dream with something stronger than tobacco,
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

snahata wrote:Since China wants to emulate these jokers at every turn let this video be shown on prime time TV in China . It will open their eyes to reality
It seems - seriously - that United is planning to expand into China. Nice marketing video this.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

You can't make this sh1t up. The CEO of United was recently named "Communicator of the Year" by PR Week :roll:
Link
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

He also said he is customer focused.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

matrimc wrote:UB ji, come to think of it you are right after all. I read Anmol's links too. Probably somebody or other wants the US on their side. Who could it be? Or it might just be MIC who can MAGA through made in USA.
The New Spin is that Assad figured he CAN use WMD because Trump is on Russia's side. But this ignores 2 major facts:
1) Assad had now chem weapons per UN - approved by Yoo Ess. If the Yoo Ess had any doubt on this from the vaunted "intel", they would have screamed about it.

2) Assad had nothing to gain from gassing a civilian area.

Well.. maybe there was some notorious Moderate Terrist there. But chem weapons don't really have 100% kill rate. Really bad guys would have enough protective resources and training to survive.

The other CT being advanced is that one of Assad's underlings pulled off the chem raid without Assad knowing. This is BS because (a) it runs into (1) and (b) because it guaranteed execution by Assad.

So it is clearly a false flag. The accounts of "eye-witnesses" of chemical bombs coming out of syrian AF planes and exploding in their area, are BS. (a) People cannot see and follow a bomb from a jet plane at night. (b) those who claim they saw, have to be considered biased at best, probably paid liars.

The original Russian/Syrian explanation still holds as the best: bombs hit chemical weapons in a terrorist arms depot.

Russians claims that same Professional Victim is seen in videos of White Helmets rescuing survivors in 2013 and here after "chemical attack". Could be because media recycled video, or because White Helmets recycled video, or, most probably, Nikki Halley was conned into recycling video like Al Quolin bin Powell was.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

IMO, this is a horrible way for the SeeAyyeh and purged Foggy Bottomis to get revenge on the Zee. They must have arranged it, forced the POTUS into an impossible position. What's a few hundred children dying in agony to these sh1ts? Anmolji can comment on my CT...
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Turns out the United flight was not overbooked. they needed to fly those 4 employees on that plane. They claimed overbooked so could use the clause.

I think FAA needs to look into this.

CEO Munoz needs to resign or get fired.

Lost $1B valuation today.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

ramana wrote: Lost $1B valuation today.
Stock price will recover. They will not learn the lesson till they lose passengers. Lot of people claiming on sm that they will not fly with United anymore because of this incident. But with less competition and increasing fares people don't have a a lot of choice.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

the airline has a right to manage their plane as they see fit.

they can ask you to leave the plane and refund your money.

you do not have the right to fight and resist them.

if they need to get employees to another location in order to run their airline they are entitled to ask you to leave in order to seat the employees.

I am willing to bet this has all been settled in court previously in that the passenger can asked to leave the plane.

there will be no law suit. the doctor had no right to physically resist.

United Airlines has a record of only .043 of passengers being asked to leave the plane (according to NBC TV news).

where is it written that only white people can be asked to leave their seats?

Dr Dao's license was suspended previously for prescribing too may drugs in Kentucky. He finally got his license to practice back in 2015. NBC TV news.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

TSJ, You are going off again. Dr. Dao previous run-ins have noting to do with this incident. No one claimed they ran background checks on him before deciding to deplane him.

Consider this a warning.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

I'm waiting for deep background info on the two goons who assaulted Dao. Only fair that their past life, including medical history is also made public.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

Classic gora technique, rather boring. They have done this same thing gazillion times as u know Ramana. Everytime the police, or anyone else does something obviously wrong and there is no defense they will demonize the victim. Look at all the police excesses. They did a gyn exam on bharat mata (devyani Khobragade) and the US govt spokeswoman said at the time standard procedures were followed. I for one will not forget or forgive this humiliation till I am dead.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

I remember that the american gentleman defending United Airlines and Chicago police hooliganism in this case was upset when Indian police searched an American woman's handbag and confiscated her satellite phone (which is illegal to carry into India without prior permission). :lol:
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

The question is what we are doing about such humiliations? Nothing. There is no cost to the US for doing such things to Indians or any other people. If the GOI arrested few embassy employee female family members for terror-related charges and done the same thing with them but in public then it should have been a fitting answer and such things will stop against us. Do you really think that they would have done something to say a Chinese? No. Never.