LCA: News & Discussions - October 2016

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
srai
BRF Oldie

Re: LCA: News & Discussions - October 2016

Post by srai »

Neshant wrote:...

Most of the major navies will only deploy twin engine aircraft on their carriers. The only exception has been F-35 and it carries a very powerful single engine. Even so its maneuverability is poor under load.

There are only a handful of navies with aircraft carriers. Majority of the new naval airframes will be F-35 B/C.
  • USN -> F-35C & (mostly already in-service) F/A-18 E/F/G
  • USMC -> F-35B/C
  • RN -> F-35B
  • ItN -> F-35B
  • FrN -> Rafale
  • RuN -> MiG-29K
  • IN -> MiG-29K
  • PLAN -> Su-33 clone
In a decade, the choices for naval fighter will dwindle to F-35 B/C and Su-33 clone. NLCA Mk.2 would be the other. Plus, other UCAVs maybe entering service around that time. NAMCA would come a little bit later.

So all indication for the IN wanting 57 foreign naval fighter "soon" points to F-35B, which would be compatible with its two STOBAR carriers. The RN has been qualifying F-35B for its own two STOBAR carriers.
Last edited by srai on 17 Apr 2017 06:15, edited 1 time in total.
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

Come to think of it the biggest fast jet naval aircraft program for the forceable future would be the USMC's F-35B program. I don't see any other Marine or Naval force buying as many new aircraft in support of their LHD's or Carriers until the US Navy has a replacement for their Super Hornet and Growler fleets in the early 2030s. Add the Royal Navy/Air Force's F-35B on top of that and you will have a couple of carriers and quite a few other flat tops sailing around the world launching single engined aircraft. That's well over 400 B's between the RN/RAF and the USMC.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Here is something I can't understand. Perhaps it's because I don't keep track of exactly who says what.

On the one hand I see a great stream of anger at the Navy and at the armed forces in general for not accepting the LCA with open arms. On the other hand there is this persistent stream of posts that vary between "We will get the F-35" to "We have no choice but to get the F-35"

Obviously there is a great contradiction if the same people are saying both these things - so the best conclusion I can reach is that there is, on this forum, and "import lobby" that favours the F-35 who will not make any arguments that indigenous efforts will be killed. And then there is a LCA lobby who hope to see local development.

One topic. Two opinions. No big deal. Just sayin..
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Must be a very, very slow day across the globe.

So,
So all indication for the IN wanting 57 foreign naval fighter "soon" points to F-35B, which would be compatible with its two STOBAR carriers.
Has LM agreed to install a second engine on the Bravo, specially to meet the IN rec?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Shiv,

I happen to think/feel that both the teens are coming. In exchange for the 110 kN engines, help on the AMCA and the carrierS. Whatever the term is - squid pro quo.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

NRao wrote:Must be a very, very slow day across the globe.

So,
So all indication for the IN wanting 57 foreign naval fighter "soon" points to F-35B, which would be compatible with its two STOBAR carriers.
Has LM agreed to install a second engine on the Bravo, specially to meet the IN rec?
They could install a pylon to carry a Kirloskar diesel generator under one wing as part of offsets and make in India. That would make it two engines.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks we have Naval LCA thread for discussing the aircraft.
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

So,
What other foreign naval fighter is compatible with IN's STOBAR carriers? The IN doesn't want any more MiG-29Ks. It has indicated NLCA Mk.2 doesn't meet its requirements. The other twin-engined naval planes Rafale and F/A-18E/F are designed for CATOBAR and would require qualifications for STOBAR--that would cost extra and will have performance shortfalls.
Last edited by srai on 17 Apr 2017 08:27, edited 2 times in total.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

So,
IN did not specify twin engine as a reuirement for that RFI. So technically single engine jet is still on if it can fit other parameters.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

shiv wrote:Here is something I can't understand. Perhaps it's because I don't keep track of exactly who says what.

On the one hand I see a great stream of anger at the Navy and at the armed forces in general for not accepting the LCA with open arms. On the other hand there is this persistent stream of posts that vary between "We will get the F-35" to "We have no choice but to get the F-35"

Obviously there is a great contradiction if the same people are saying both these things - so the best conclusion I can reach is that there is, on this forum, and "import lobby" that favours the F-35 who will not make any arguments that indigenous efforts will be killed. And then there is a LCA lobby who hope to see local development.

One topic. Two opinions. No big deal. Just sayin..
I think a lot of people, including I, have an opinion that we should buy LCAs only. But if at all Modi is hell bent ( and sure he looks like he is hell bent on it) on buying aircrafts from US he better buy the F35 rather than teens which doesnt really give us much in long term.

Though I also think that IAF is not ready technologically to exploit F35 properly. But then may be we can start building infrastructure for entric warfare with F35's acquisition and also build AMCA accordingly to fit in it. FGFA isnt coming anytime soon. I would say not before 2030. IAF might start getting some hands on experience of 5th Gen technology with F35 rather.

Of coarse personally I would love to see us putting a self embargo on importing any weapons systems in entirety anymore. We can surely figure it out on our own just like Americans or Russians did or China is doing.

Sorry for OT.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

JayS wrote: IAF might start getting some hands on experience of 5th Gen technology with F35 rather.

Sorry for OT.
I have a different view on this but it is also OT. It is not just about IAF getting experience - the entire military industrial design and manufacture chain and national comm/satellite and navigation needs to get hands on and that will never happen with F-35. When we see India (or the IAF sees itself) in isolation from national technical capability every import makes sense

It is astounding the way the US with its massive industrial, intellectual and media power has inserted the "Dream of Gen 5 with F-35" into Indians while we chug along with LCA which started before F-35 and is yet to come online
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

shiv wrote:
JayS wrote: IAF might start getting some hands on experience of 5th Gen technology with F35 rather.

Sorry for OT.
I have a different view on this but it is also OT. It is not just about IAF getting experience - the entire military industrial design and manufacture chain and national comm/satellite and navigation needs to get hands on and that will never happen with F-35.

It is astounding the way the US with its massive industrial, intellectual and media power has inserted the "Dream of Gen 5 with F-35" into Indians while we chug along with LCA which started before F-35 and is yet to come online
I would agree. But it seems Modi ji dont. And I dont see how buying teens will help us at all. Our forces dnt want what DRDO can make and DRDO cant make what they want in given time and resources. No one seems to have patience needed for the organic progress in technological cabability nor the temperament or resolve to get it done at whatever cost and resources. Everyone wants quick solution. Wont happen with F16, wont happen with F35 either. But we might just get a better deal with F35 in terms of things in hand in long term. So if at all we are hell bent on buying foreign jets we should think of F35 seriously. With combined requirements of IAF n IN we could have a significant workshare in manufacturing as well.

But my feeling is we will buy both the teens soon and in 10yrs time we will start talking of buying F35 when AMCA starts overshooting its deadlines. (And it will, the way we are putting paltry money on its developement now).
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

JayS wrote:

So,

IN did not specify twin engine as a reuirement for that RFI. So technically single engine jet is still on if it can fit other parameters.

Dang it. You are right!!!

So, it just has got to be the Sea Gripen, then. The JSF - I doubt will have a MII component.
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

JayS wrote:...
I would agree. But it seems Modi ji dont. And I dont see how buying teens will help us at all. Our forces dnt want what DRDO can make and DRDO cant make what they want in given time and resources. No one seems to have patience needed for the organic progress in technological cabability nor the temperament or resolve to get it done at whatever cost and resources. Everyone wants quick solution. Wont happen with F16, wont happen with F35 either. But we might just get a better deal with F35 in terms of things in hand in long term. So if at all we are hell bent on buying foreign jets we should think of F35 seriously. With combined requirements of IAF n IN we could have a significant workshare in manufacturing as well.

But my feeling is we will buy both the teens soon and in 10yrs time we will start talking of buying F35 when AMCA starts overshooting its deadlines. (And it will, the way we are putting paltry money on its developement now).
I think it's a lesson on how to kill domestic capabilities. Like the Marut 20-years from now, there will be case studies on why India still retains its import king title.

Some recent examples of what happens when imported product makes it to an end user:
  • IA - T-90S induction -> more T-90S; limited Arjun Mk.1/2 orders with "goal-post" shifting user requirements & never-ending trials
  • IAF - PC-7 induction -> more PC-7; tried to kill-off HTT-40 ... remains to be seen if the user supports induction when ready
F-16/18 -> LCA Mk.2 doubtful
F-35 -> AMCA R&D doubtful
Last edited by srai on 17 Apr 2017 09:10, edited 1 time in total.
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

NRao wrote:
JayS wrote:

Dang it. You are right!!!

So, it just has got to be the Sea Gripen, then. The JSF - I doubt will have a MII component.
:D Who will fund the Sea Gripen development? India :((
sankum
BRFite

Post by sankum »

The IN RFI for 57 fighters is puzzling. IAC2 will not see service before 2030. Rafale will nor fit on either INS Vikramaditya or INS Vikrant as the wing span is around 11m with no wing folding and F35C with low thrust to weight ratio will not fit in STOBAR operations.

Only Candidate is F18E/F for which WOD requirement is relaxed to 30 knots as per RFI while for NLCA it is 20 knots. It is quite possible for 30 knots WOD NLCA meets IN requirement.

The cost of qualifying and developing customised version for IN for F18E will be prohibitive and the overall RFI is as far as I see in no go and just an information gathering exercise for future NAMCA.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

sankum wrote:The IN RFI for 57 fighters is puzzling. IAC2 will not see service before 2030. Rafale will nor fit on either INS Vikramaditya or INS Vikrant as the wing span is around 11m with no wing folding and F35C with low thrust to weight ratio will not fit in STOBAR operations.

Only Candidate is F18E/F for which WOD requirement is relaxed to 30 knots as per RFI while for NLCA it is 20 knots. It is quite possible for 30 knots WOD NLCA meets IN requirement.

The cost of qualifying and developing customised version for IN for F18E will be prohibitive and the overall RFI is as far as I see in no go and just an information gathering exercise for future NAMCA.
Hence there is speculation that this new acquisition might be to replace MiG-29 in fact due to their poor performance.

Even F/A-18 must be having restricted MTOW from STOBAR since its designed for CATOBAR, but I have not checked the numbers. Anyone can put up some data on this..? Would F/A-18 have same MTOW from STOBAR as it has from CATOBAR presently..?
sankum
BRFite

Post by sankum »

The only advertised slide for STOBAR operations is for Sea Gripen were MTOW is limited to 16T for STOBAR while for normal NG version is 16.5T.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

There is some noise that IN enquired about the F-18 in 2008. Nothing more
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

THIS IS THE LCA THREAD
jayasimha
BRFite

Post by jayasimha »

Yes, thats right,,,,,,, lets get back to the main topic.
i came across some good work of our darling of this dhaga.

Respect and Regards to the following:

Mr.Samar Naik P.
Mr. Vishesh Manav
Shri Manohar Prasad SM ( BQ & FA)
Ms. Priyanka K. AE ( LCA -LSP
Mr. Senthil Kumar Chief (FCS) LCA Tejas divn. HAL
M/s HAL
M/s Amity Institute of space science and technology for putting on the web

https://www.slideshare.net/SamarNaik1/tejas-final

Happy reading 60 pages.
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

Any recent news, photos of SP 4, SP 5 etc.? Things seem to be a little quite.

Been sending tweets regularly to our PM, PMO on need to go full throttle with LCA (vis a vis imports) besides other programs. Given that GoI does read tweets, think they have some food for thought. :)
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

Kartik wrote:ADA 2015-16 report. Filled with nuggets!

ADA Annual report 2015-2016
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Wow!!! Comprehensive statement on activities and accomplishments
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

srai wrote:

ADA 31st Annual report 2015-2016
Older reports are here:

ADA 30th Annual report 2014-2015

ADA 29th Annual report 2013-2014
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

^^^
Bombs
  1. 25 lb Practice bomb
  2. 3Kg Practice bomb
  3. 1000 lb Mk-11- (w/ Griffin LGB kit as well)
  4. 250 kg HSLD
  5. 450 kg HSLD
  6. PB-500 (w/ Griffin LGB kit)
Last edited by srai on 20 Apr 2017 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Can the LCA get an above wing pylon?
The Jaguar and Mig-31 seem to have one.

Too disruptive for a delta wing?
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Gagan wrote:Can the LCA get an above wing pylon?
The Jaguar and Mig-31 seem to have one.

Too disruptive for a delta wing?
Really unnecessary. Dont fix what aint broken.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

What for are overwing pylons required?

In other news, they will soon start work on plumbing the MB pylon to carry 800 ltr tanks. That would add a lot of flexibility.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

Ghanta sources.

This info comes straight out of ADA's annual report. By the way, this information is an year old.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

srai wrote:

ADA Annual report 2015-2016
Page 8-9 give the cost and milestone schedules in words. Also the extensions.

Very interesting the wing redesign did not cost too much.

Wish we could put all that info on a power point slide for it tells a great story.

Pages 27 - 30 give the Mk2 details and progress.

Can some MBA type delve into the accounts figures in later half of the report and tell us what it says?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The ADA report page 13 says that there was vibration at Mach 0.9 while carrying Python 5.

So what sources bokwas?

Also page 36 of the report gives the meetings with frequency and the participation of the services at various levels.

I think this 3 legged cheetah type comments are from un-informed idiots.
The Service chiefs and the MoD are regularly informed on LCA progress and the changes being put in place.

The CIDS is also a regular visitor.

So unless they speak out its all maya.
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

LCA AF Mk2 program details from the ADA Annual report. Posting here to spark conversations and to bring in the full scope of the project into view.
LCA AF Mk2
10.1 Ba ckground: LCA AF Mk2 was conceived as the performance of LCA AF Mk1 was found inadequate with GEF404-IN20 engine The scope of FSED Phase 3 as per project sanction is as follows:-

Design, develop and build two aircraft with
- New Engine
- Necessary changes in the structure and systems to integrate the new engine
- Weight reduction to improve performance
- Unified EW Suite (UEWS)
- Development of new DFCC, its test facilities and integration
- Upgrade/modification/maintenance of test facilities

10.2 Additional Scope:

Extensive studies were carried out at ADA to make suitable changes in LCA AF Mk2 to address the maintainability issues observed in LCA AF Mk1, improve the systems like fuel, landing gear and brakes, electrical, armament etc. Also a number of new/upgraded systems have been incorporated to make the aircraft more contemporary. As a result, the scope for FSED Phase 3 increased substantially due to extensive changes incorporated to have an improved aircraft with improved performance in all aspects.

Important new/ upgrades of systems are listed
below:
- Introduction of 500mm plug in fuselage
- Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar
- On Board Oxygen Generation System (OBOGS)
- New Cockpit with larger size smart displays
- One Mission Management and Display Computer (MMDC) in place of two Open Architecture Computers
- HMDS based on optical sensor
- Smart HUD with improved Field of Vision
- Higher power Jet Fuel Starter
- Servo controlled Airbrake under the command of DFCC control
- Pressurized Fuel System
- Unified Pylon Interface Computer (UPIC) in place of individual Pylon Interface Boxes
- Combined Interrogator Transponder (CIT)
- Indigenous Actuators
- NVG compatible lighting

Activities Carried out:

Presently, the configuration of LCA AF Mk2 has been frozen with all the design improvements and Preliminary Design Review (PDR) has been carried out in June 2014 and detail design is in progress. GE-F414 engine was selected as the higher thrust engine for LCA AF Mk2 and a contract was signed with M/s GE, USA in September 2012. The CDR of alternate engine has been completed. Engine is undergoing final qualification and lifing evaluation tests.

10.4 Milestones Achieved:
Following milestones have been
achieved:
- Configuration freeze
- Engine contract finalization
- In-board and NMG freeze
- PDR

10.5 Progress of Design and Development
Activities:

10.5.1 Configuration & NMG:
The configuration of LCA AF Mk2 has been frozen. The Numerical Master Geometry (NMG) has been revised based on recommendations of PDR Committee to improve performance. The changes in NMG have resulted in drag reduction and increase in fuel content by about 2 0Kg. These improvements are going to result in improved point and mission performance.

10.5.2 Inboards & Layout: The inboards have been finalised addressing the accessibility and maintainability issues observed in LCA Mk1.
- Layouts preparation is in progress.
- The station wise mass distribution is under finalisation.

10.5.3 Aerodynamics :

A number of aerodynamics improvements have been carried out to reduce drag and improve performance:
- Drag reduction studies have been completed. Canopy reshaping, outer cowl modification, actuator fairing extension and supersonic pylons
have resulted in approx 20 counts (8%) drag reduction in supersonic regimes.
- Wind Tunnel studies have been completed.
- Aero loads computations have been completed.

10.5.4 Airframe:
- Three door AAID finalised.
- BMI material developed for high temperature applications.
- Composite pipelines developed for ECS.
- Spine widened for providing accessibility and maintainability.
- Pilot step provided for pilot's emergency egress.
- SPS bay redesigned to improve maintainability.

10.5.5 Engine:
- Aircraft engine bay ventilation scheme has been finalised.
- Engine-Airframe Interface Control Diagram (ICD) has been prepared.
- Aircraft Qualification Tests have been completed.
- ASMET (Aircraft Simulated Mission Endurance Tests) results are under discussion.
- New JFS with higher torque GTSU-135 is under development.

10.5.6 Mechanical Systems:
- Layouts preparation and detail design is in progress.
- Feasibility to increase wheel size for increasing the capacity of brake system are in progress.
- Trials to offload one hydraulic system to reduce the load on JFS during starting are going on. This will help in cold weather high altitude operations.
- Liquid Cooling System configurations, separate for AESA and UEWS have been finalised.
- Studies to shift the Air to Air refueling probe to right are in progress to obviate probe coming in Field of View of Head Up Display (HUD).

10.5.7 Integrated Flight Control System:
- DFCC: CDR completed. Realization st of QT unit by 31 Dec 2016.
- Indigenous Actuators: Primary Actuators QT completed, Iron Bird testing completed. Being evaluated on LCA Mk1. Secondary Actuators
under development. Air worthy units will be available by December 2016.

10.5.8 Avionics:
- Avionics architecture has been finalised.
- New cockpit with bigger size (6”x8”) displays has been designed.
- Development of new LRUs is in progress.
- Avionics will be ready by Dec 2018.
- Configuration of Active Phased Array based Unified Electronic Warfare Suite (UEWS) finalised.
- The number of elements that can be incorporated with the existing geometry for the Antenna Array unit of AESA Radar has been finalised
and performance parameters like range and Effective Radiated Power (ERP) computed.
- Night Vi s ion Goggle (NVG) compatible lights for Navigation lights and Taxi / Landing Lights are being developed.
- Engineering models have been developed. Performance is being evaluated.
- Conformal antenna developed for V/UHF.

10.5.12 Interdisciplinary Studies: Following
studies are in progress to bring out
improvements in design:
- LCA AF Mk2 cockpit assessment for new anthropometric data received from IAF is in progress.
- Thermal mapping studies of aircraft are in progress.
- New installation scheme in Avionics Bay for better accessibility /maintainability is under finalisation.
- Rationalisation of drop tanks is in progress to reduce variety of drop tanks.
- Electrical modeling of LCA AF Mk2 to study indirect effect of lightning is in progress at IISc, Bangalore.
- Studies to bring out necessary changes in LRUs to have Push-fit type connectors for quick removal/fitment of the same have been completed.
- Weight reduction studies have been carried out and design improvements required to reduce weight have been identified.
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

From AW&ST. Good to hear that they're looking to aggressively market the LCA to foreign buyers. Le Bourget and Farnborough air shows seem to be obvious choices to market and display it to a wider set of possible customers.
India Ponders Exporting Tejas Fighter

India is looking to aggressively market its homemade Tejas light combat aircraft (LCA) and the upgraded Advanced Hawk trainers it builds with BAE Systems to international buyers.

“Apart from the Indian Air Force (IAF), we are looking at several Asian and Middle Eastern countries for the export of the LCA,” a Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL) official says.

The Indian military has approved the purchase of 83 LCA Tejas Mk. 1As for the Air Force at a cost of 500.25 billion rupees ($7.5 billion) to replace aging MiG fighters. This is in addition to the 40 Tejas fighters previously ordered.

In 2016, Sri Lanka and Egypt expressed interest in the LCA. Last year, the Sri Lankan government discussed its intent to buy 8-12 new multirole combat aircraft for the Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF). Both the Tejas and Advanced Hawk are possible contenders to meet the requirement, as Sri Lanka reportedly rejected Pakistan’s offer of its JF-17 aircraft jointly developed with China.

HAL says a number of countries in Asia and the Middle East have expressed an interest in its Tejas light combat aircraft.

“Should the SLAF desire a supersonic multirole aircraft, India’s Tejas Mk. 1, despite its still being in the developmental phase, could be a viable option,” an Indian defense ministry official says.

HAL currently can build eight LCAs per year. There is a plan to ramp up the production rate from eight to 16 aircraft annually by 2019-20.

The Advanced Hawk could fit the bill as a subsonic light combat aircraft or trainer. “The large fleet of BAE Hawks operated by the IAF and the strong overhaul and maintenance facilities available in India could make the Advanced Hawk attractive to the SLAF and several other air forces,” the ministry official says.

The UK government agrees on the Advanced Hawk’s export potential. “I am here not just to see what more we can ‘Make In India’ or make with India, but to see what more we can design, develop, add value with India and export together to third countries and to new markets,” says Michael Fallon, UK secretary of state for defense, who is currently visiting India.

—Jay Menon, New Delhi
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

Kartik wrote:LCA AF Mk2 program details from the ADA Annual report. Posting here to spark conversations and to bring in the full scope of the project into view.
LCA AF Mk2

Design, develop and build two aircraft with
- New Engine
- Necessary changes in the structure and systems to integrate the new engine
- Weight reduction to improve performance
- Unified EW Suite (UEWS)
- Development of new DFCC, its test facilities and integration
- Upgrade/modification/maintenance of test facilities

Important new/ upgrades of systems are listed
below:
- Introduction of 500mm plug in fuselage
- Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar
- On Board Oxygen Generation System (OBOGS)
- New Cockpit with larger size smart displays
- One Mission Management and Display Computer (MMDC) in place of two Open Architecture Computers
- HMDS based on optical sensor
- Smart HUD with improved Field of Vision
- Higher power Jet Fuel Starter
- Servo controlled Airbrake under the command of DFCC control
- Pressurized Fuel System
- Unified Pylon Interface Computer (UPIC) in place of individual Pylon Interface Boxes
- Combined Interrogator Transponder (CIT)
- Indigenous Actuators
- NVG compatible lighting

A lot of these items are on Mk.1A with the exception of new F414 engine and 500mm plug in fuselage.

So the whole Mk.1A had not started during the Annual Report 2015-2016 as it has no mention of it. We will need to wait for 2016-2017 Annual Report for details on Mk.1A and how that impacts Mk.2.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

srai wrote:
A lot of these items are on Mk.1A with the exception of new F414 engine and 500mm plug in fuselage.

So the whole Mk.1A had not started during the Annual Report 2015-2016 as it has no mention of it. We will need to wait for 2016-2017 Annual Report for details on Mk.1A and how that impacts Mk.2.
Mk1A is HAL's baby, if I am not mistaken. Not ADA's. Nonetheless, the report seems to be pre Jan, 2017.

Any idea what is the weight difference between 1 and 1A?
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

NRao wrote:
srai wrote:

Mk1A is HAL's baby, if I am not mistaken. Not ADA's. Nonetheless, the report seems to be pre Jan, 2017.

Annual report is a year old. Indian fiscal year is from April to March. So the last report published to the public on ADA site is from April 2015 to March 2016. The report for this year (April 2016 to March 2017) will not be shared with the public until the next year around this time.

Mk1A is a collaborative effort between HAL and ADA.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Thx
ashishvikas
BRFite

Post by ashishvikas »

Indranil wrote:Ghanta sources.

This info comes straight out of ADA's annual report. By the way, this information is an year old.
Tejas-LCA Facebook Admin says "That is something the OEM needs to address" when asked about this problem.

Indranil, is this problem expected to be fixed easily ? OR it's quite complex ? Your views please.