Telugu States' News and Discussion

kiranA
BRFite

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Post by kiranA »

Are you guys for real or just falling back to default propoganda against TDP. Ap just recorded a GDP growth 50% higher than nations growth - all without a capital - the growth in agriculture and fisheries is fantastic. IN every scheme the same guys here who praise it as Modi achievement there is a significant contribution from AP - take solar out of some 6000 odd MW set up this year AP contributed some 1800 MW and AP has about 3% of population. PPl talb about digital payments but AP has highest usage of digital payments when it comes to government spending comfrotably outpacing gujarat. Same with LED lights.

Pattiseema shows the organizational capacity of Ap govt - which project has contributed close to 80 tc water in just about an year. Some peopel are ignorantly commenting about just pumpsets forgetting that huge efforts are spent to make the 180 kms right canal ready to transfer the water. The greatness is that govt delivers not just promises - there is water there for farmers.

Amaravathi land pooling model is an example of process innovation that AP did and praised universally.

Somepeople thinking pointing out some odd sale here or there or a real estate scam everywhere makes them look smart and edgy but not really so.

I listened to Lokesh speeches he comes out as well meaning person.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

Also I dont understand KCR takes a repulsive decision to give 12% reservationst to Muslims and people are doing an equal equal on CBN ? why what extroadinary decision was taken by govt to favor RoL and RoP ? he spent thousands of crores and executed Krishna pushkarams flawlessly - is that not a practically an ad for hinduism.

Guys please take some pride on the achevements of Ap - its has always been a contributor to INdia - whether hinduism, economy, policy, or art like cinema.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Yup, wonder why some of us dare see through propaganda and stick to inconvenient facts like those below:

^^ Naidu doubles financial assistance to Christians for Jerusalem trips:
http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/ ... 53102.html

Naidu to launch cabinet subcommittee to protect Christian assets (immunity from land grab)
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/151224/n ... ian-assets

Some snips:

- Naidu announced that his government was working towards providing SC reservation for Christians who had converted from those castes...

- Mr Naidu addressing the public here said that no state was officially celebrating Christmas, but AP would be the first one to do so.

- He claimed that the AP government had 'created hi-story' by sanctioning a Christian Bhavan.

and this is the gem:

- Mr. Naidu said that converting to Christianity would change socio-economic conditions and hence, the government was offering Christmas Chandranna Kanuka with essential items to mark the festive occasion.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

OmkarC wrote:Yup, wonder why some of us dare see through propaganda and stick to inconvenient facts like those below:

^^ Naidu doubles financial assistance to Christians for Jerusalem trips:
http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/ ... 53102.html

Naidu to launch cabinet subcommittee to protect Christian assets (immunity from land grab)
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/151224/n ... ian-assets

Some snips:

- Naidu announced that his government was working towards providing SC reservation for Christians who had converted from those castes...

- Mr Naidu addressing the public here said that no state was officially celebrating Christmas, but AP would be the first one to do so.

- He claimed that the AP government had 'created hi-story' by sanctioning a Christian Bhavan.

and this is the gem:

- Mr. Naidu said that converting to Christianity would change socio-economic conditions and hence, the government was offering Christmas Chandranna Kanuka with essential items to mark the festive occasion.
Paronia. He is spending thousands of crores on Hindu festivals too - 1000s of crores to Hindu OC communities like Brahmin corporation and Kapu corporation. There is sankranthi kaankuka also - this spending is expected.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

EJ alert!
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

kiranA has a valid point. It is KCR who has introduced 12% reservation, not CBN.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

It's like Owaisi saying I didn't praise Jinnah, it was advani, so he am not communal. According to above person, it's ok that CBN gives so many sops to xtians because he did the same to hindus as well. Since when such equivalences are being accepted?
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

kiranA wrote:Paronia. He is spending thousands of crores on Hindu festivals too - 1000s of crores to Hindu OC communities like Brahmin corporation and Kapu corporation. There is sankranthi kaankuka also - this spending is expected.
AP Govt has 4 lakh acres of Hindu Temples land, where are the rental money going? Where is Temples Hundi money going? Even if CBN spends on Hindu festivals, it will fall short of wealth that Govt loots. Like Haj Bhavan or Christian Bhavan, has Govt constructed any choultries in any Temple town (from govt coffers)?

If CBN is so straight? Free Hindu Temples from Govt control. If CBN wants to spend money on religious purposes, then let it be on pro rata basis (Hindus get 80%, Muslims 18% and Christians 2%), can he do that? I am not demanding any excessive doles, but making reasonable demands only.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

nukavarapu wrote:In last 2 pages of this thread I have seen CBN bashing then TDP bashing and then Kamma bashing. I really do not see any body proposing any remedies just bashing and more bashing. All the paper tigers here have absolutely no say in politics but we visit this place to propose remedies. So why just bashing and only bashing. Can we have some constructive discussion? Whether it's KCR, YSR, YSJ, CBN or in fact NM or AS, nobody is perfect. We can look into the good stuff they do and while we criticize things we don't agree, we can still present our alternative versions.
Look into good stuff YSR and NM did, and both of them are not perfect? Didn't think on BRF, these two names will be in one sentence and in same context.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

There are 100 odd RoL and 50 odd RoP countries in the world but only 2 Hindu countries (1 being nepal). Other two Rs want to paint their color on 2 hindu countries through their own different means. There is absolutely no need for us to help them in any regard in their agendas. Therefore, no need for us to think of any equivalences on how leaders are balancing their doles to each religion.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Partial list of existing Laws/proposed Bills appeasing minorities while discriminating against Hindus in AP & Telangana.
Andhra Pradesh

Telangana

https://archive.org/download/muslims-an ... 0INDIA.pdf
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

nukavarapu wrote:
Karthik S wrote:
Look into good stuff YSR and NM did, and both of them are not perfect? Didn't think on BRF, these two names will be in one sentence and in same context.
Please do not throw empty rhetoric. You know what exactly I meant. My statement was about both the high end of the spectrum and as well as the low end of the spectrum. Everyone can chose for themselves who can be branded high end or low end. Get down from your high seat and understand what I am trying to say instead of beating empty bushes.

For the record I am not a YSR fan and neither fond of his rowdy son. But there are few good things he did like Arogyasri. I know people are going to jump on me for all the kickbacks earned on the name, but its also undeniable truth that lot of poor people got access to quality health care because of that scheme and I personally know cases where a few lives for saved.

Instead of fighting with my stick bigger than yours lets talk solutions if you can.
Firstly, nobody is fighting with any sticks here, so no need to pump up your ego, so please calm down. It's not about choosing or branding. We have all the facts and details about what kind of impact each CM had in its state. If you are from AP, which it seems you are, please tell me the net impact of YSR's tenure on the land of AP. How did it change the landscape, has he done more harm than good, overall, did it do good or bad to the state, and to the country?
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

All this part of new childish propoganda. I see only a few new AP government in the bottom and they really dont amount to much. Just take a list of what they are doing to brahmins and kapus - you dont seem to have a problem there ? Look at brahmin schemes below chetantha vundhi. Society is badly divided in to groups and politicians need their votes so they pander a little here and there.

https://www.andhrabrahmin.ap.gov.in/down/schemest.pdf
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

nukavarapu wrote:
Karthik S wrote:
I am not at all pumping my ego and don't fall for the classic traps that you have all the facts listed in this forum. And fantastic you automatically branded me that I am from AP. Was it my name? Read my post again, I am not supporting YSJ at all. But then I see post of your post bashing CBN and Kammas. I really don't care whether its YSJ or CBN, I only care if either of them help in the betterment of people. And seeing how conveniently you forgot to mention KCR, so should I automatically brand you that you are from TS? Lets get out of our bias and lets talk about solutions.

You say YSJ did more harm to the state? I don't think it was YSJ who actually did it. Decades of isolation of some specific type of people allowed the EJs to exploit the situation which resulted in mass conversion. The converts have a significant voting power now and it was obvious they will vote for fellow brother, resulting in YSJ coming to the helm. And ofcourse to keep his part of the deal with devil he did what he did. Now the question is why the Telugu people allow this situation in first place. My 2 cents is it is not just 1 caste. Everyone is equally culprit.

Just create the situation where the people will get exploited and in this case the telugu people are responsible for everything wrong happening in the 2 states and also equally responsible for everything happening right.
YSR schemes are mostly do gooder welfare schemes. From my observation the only politician , perhaps in all of india, who cares deeply about the develping the economic capacity of the state and its people is CBN. For that I respect him.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

nukavarapu wrote:
kiranA wrote:
YSR schemes are mostly do gooder welfare schemes. From my observation the only politician , perhaps in all of india, who cares deeply about the develping the economic capacity of the state and its people is CBN. For that I respect him.
I definitely see a bias in this thread against CBN so no matter what they will find some loop hole to sling mud on him. l.
Very true and very tragic. Just look at last few posts - KCR takes a repulsive decision but they immediately dilute it by doing equal equal with CBN by bringing meaningless issues. There wont be a single acknowledgement of the good done but spin nice tales of "real estate" scam whenver anything significant happens.

Of the lot here - OmkarC looks genuinly ignorant and confused. But Yagnasri and Lilo are playing a game. What they dont realize is they are playing the part of the fool though they might fancy they are being clever. They want to ride on coat tails of BJP so they can get back at kammas to satisfy their petty hatred of kammas. They want to cover up this real intention by making screaming noises of EJ this EJ that (not that there is no EJ problem but thats not what being articulated here) and smear CBN with EJ.

BJP ofcourse will demand its pound of flesh and these guys whose brains are filled with casteist gossip and innuendo are willing to give anything - trash the telugu film industry, trash the contribution of modern telugu people, smear andhra people like CBN even when they are not in power with statue discussion near hussain sagar , excuse anythingdone by KCR,-literally anything.

THis is the society we have. I am not Kamma but I honestly think productive Kammas are better off converting enmasse to another religion. They are likely to be acknowledged better there and will be a lesson for these folks.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

^^ Lets get some things straight here:
What most people are sad/concerned about is the massive silent conversion of SC, ST & BC segments in AP.. numbers are hovering around 35-40%. People have been discussing this for several years now.. everytime they have a flicker of hope w/ either BJP or TDP doing something to put an end to this nuisance, but nothing's happening. BJP at least has no electoral prospects in AP - but TDP seems to have become hyper "secular" post elections. The current ecosystem of state sanctioned looting of Hindu temple funds & lands and use them to pay for Abrahamist faith perfidies also seems to go on unabated. CBN did not start this ecosystem of EJ pampering, but he surely seems supportive of continuing YSR legacy, despite the fact that most Christians will never desert Jagan.

Then again - why is any criticism of CBN automatically deemed as criticism of his entire caste ? We had much worse expletives at MSY & AY for their anti-Hindu behavior, nobody argued about those comments being anti-Yadav. People are now bashing Devendra Fadnavis, BJP CM of Maharashtra, for his role in closing down Hindu schools, passing journalist protection bills and banning Hindu deities in offices, would you call everyone who is abusing him anti-Brahmin ?
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

OmkarC wrote:^^ Lets get some things straight here:
What most people are sad/concerned about is the massive silent conversion of SC, ST & BC segments in AP.. numbers are hovering around 35-40%. People have been discussing this for several years now.. everytime they have a flicker of hope w/ either BJP or TDP doing something to put an end to this nuisance, but nothing's happening. BJP at least has no electoral prospects in AP - but TDP seems to have become hyper "secular" post elections. The current ecosystem of state sanctioned looting of Hindu temple funds & lands and use them to pay for Abrahamist faith perfidies also seems to go on unabated. CBN did not start this ecosystem of EJ pampering, but he surely seems supportive of continuing YSR legacy, despite the fact that most Christians will never desert Jagan.

Then again - why is any criticism of CBN automatically deemed as criticism of his entire caste ? We had much worse expletives at MSY & AY for their anti-Hindu behavior, nobody argued about those comments being anti-Yadav. People are now bashing Devendra Fadnavis, BJP CM of Maharashtra, for his role in closing down Hindu schools, passing journalist protection bills and banning Hindu deities in offices, would you call everyone who is abusing him anti-Brahmin ?
Dont act innocent. You know what happend here and what you did. ALso there is no loot of any temple funds.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

Coming to KCR decision. This should not be a surprise at all. GLorifying Nizam and celebrating urdu has been a central theme of telangana movement - Jaishankar used to make a big deal of his knowledge of urdu like Lilo is doing about Hindi in the link language thread. And 12% reservation to Muslims was one of the oldest promises of KCR and unlike dalit CM this promise does not cost KCR anything personally(including his family).

The central issue is when all this wah wah Nizam was going BJP too joined the party - it was there with a show of force in every possible JAC. RSS was silent and watching the fun.

TRS excuses itself saying its a movement party and it says something in heat - but RSS is supposed to be an idelogue and needs to react to this. But it didnt. Unless I get a clear answer I am not gonna forgive what they did.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Nukavarapu wrote: My theory is years of rigid caste system and caste based polarization has huge vacuum in the bottom rigs of society, the exploitable types by the likes of EJs who declared a silent war on Indic values and silently converted most of them to EJs resulting in the numbers of 30 - 40% of population. Hence now it seems impossible for any politician or party to rule without their support......But then the entire creed of telugu speaking people is to blame and not just one caste. Everybody seems to be racist here. If this problem has to be solved, it has to be solved unanimously across all castes. One caste being the villain and the other caste being the hero is just a fairy tail.
Nukavarapu garu,
Failures of political elite should be borne by the political elite.The strong are more responsible than the weak.
The residual unconverted elite from all politically dominant castes who enjoyed power post independence have to acknowledge their mistakes.That is the first step for any rectification to start.

Opposite to this is KiranA's caste conscious mold repeatedly claiming helplessly that there is no EJ threat in AP

The conversion of SCs is an old matter - afaik their rate of conversion atleast in guntur vijayawada has stabilized at a plateau .
Since last 2 decades its the dominant landowning castes who are converting at an exponential rate.If you are in Guntur-Vijayawada region next time just check up the majority of pastors and their caste backgrounds.

Take the case of Y Raja reddy(YSR reddy's father) a faction leader who started the conversion business in Kadapa in the 70s-80s converting villagers in his faction dominated areas to pocket hard cash in dollars from the US missionaries for each soul he guided into the conversion path.

So if reddys dont acknowledge that their caste based leadership converted & conceded a walkover to the EJ's amidst their cutthroat caste & factional rivalries in Rayalaseema when will they?
If Kapus & Kammas dont acknowledge that their caste mangy leadership collaborated with the british missionaries preindependence & later postindependence brought about a massive soul harversting & church planting spree into their caste dominated Godavari districts & Krishna Districts, when will they?
If velamas in telangana dont acknowledge that their caste conscious leadership collaborated with the Nizam in the past as Doras and are now collaborating with the EJs & Islamists, when will they ?

Regarding the status of CBN ,per me he is better than gajan gang b/c of his relative efficiency but since all are suckling on evangelical tits for their political survival , they both fall into the same EJ collaborating class of Telugu leaders.
Last edited by Lilo on 20 Apr 2017 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

kiranA wrote:
Very true and very tragic. Just look at last few posts - KCR takes a repulsive decision but they immediately dilute it by doing equal equal with CBN by bringing meaningless issues. There wont be a single acknowledgement of the good done but spin nice tales of "real estate" scam whenver anything significant happens.

Of the lot here - OmkarC looks genuinly ignorant and confused. But Yagnasri and Lilo are playing a game. What they dont realize is they are playing the part of the fool though they might fancy they are being clever. They want to ride on coat tails of BJP so they can get back at kammas to satisfy their petty hatred of kammas. They want to cover up this real intention by making screaming noises of EJ this EJ that (not that there is no EJ problem but thats not what being articulated here) and smear CBN with EJ.

BJP ofcourse will demand its pound of flesh and these guys whose brains are filled with casteist gossip and innuendo are willing to give anything - trash the telugu film industry, trash the contribution of modern telugu people, smear andhra people like CBN even when they are not in power with statue discussion near hussain sagar , excuse anythingdone by KCR,-literally anything.

THis is the society we have. I am not Kamma but I honestly think productive Kammas are better off converting enmasse to another religion. They are likely to be acknowledged better there and will be a lesson for these folks.
KiranA
You are free to convert to any religion you want to. Dont shift the weight of your pregnant conversion pangs onto others.
Actually i suggest you become a prophet of your own caste conscious religion, some "comedy" will suarly ensue with your previously cited "comedic" soft p*** angles to be borne by the clergy classes of your religion.
If its EJism you want to get into, let me warn that their clergy are pastmasters in predatory sexual abuse of dependents & flock in their care.They are quite serious about it and brook no comedy.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Nukavarapu and Lilo sirs.. both of you make a lot of sense and agree w/ both your insightful top-down and bottom-up views, despite some small disagreements.. To iron out those small disagreements - I dont see anything wrong w/ Lilo sir's statement on attributing responsibility to the non-christian elite of Kosta for not organizing and stopping conversions, why cant we acknowledge that those w/ power have the responsibility to socially protect our Sabhyata.. back in 1300s, when Tughlak's army invaded & occupied Warangal/Orugallu, were it not the Musunuri Nayakas from Godavari districts who amassed a rag tag bunch and fought against the invaders ? And this time, this is a political/financial war that doesnt require wielding weapons or fighting barbarians - this is about tough and unrelenting commitment to your ancestral religion. The only reason why people are unwilling to do what their ancestors were even willing to pay w/ their lives, is simple - they have NO idea about their own history and they have been cut off from the past.
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

ramana wrote:From my sources Lokesh is under scanner for many scams.
His IAS buddy ran away from the state.
Lokesh out pappus Pappu.
I heard this from Relative Who lives in the same district from where our chief minister is from.

It seems, and a group of anger and if the nurse met the son of the CM, the prodigal son said
" first give me 200 cr and then we'll talk about your proposal"
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

manju wrote:
ramana wrote:From my sources Lokesh is under scanner for many scams.
His IAS buddy ran away from the state.
Lokesh out pappus Pappu.
I heard this from Relative Who lives in the same district from where our chief minister is from.

It seems, and a group of anger and if the nurse met the son of the CM, the prodigal son said
" first give me 200 cr and then we'll talk about your proposal"
Are you sure he didnt ask for 2 lakh crores. Thats about the right sum to ask a nurse.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

nukavarapu wrote:
kiranA wrote:Coming to KCR decision. This should not be a surprise at all. GLorifying Nizam and celebrating urdu has been a central theme of telangana movement - Jaishankar used to make a big deal of his knowledge of urdu like Lilo is doing about Hindi in the link language thread. And 12% reservation to Muslims was one of the oldest promises of KCR and unlike dalit CM this promise does not cost KCR anything personally(including his family).

The central issue is when all this wah wah Nizam was going BJP too joined the party - it was there with a show of force in every possible JAC. RSS was silent and watching the fun.

TRS excuses itself saying its a movement party and it says something in heat - but RSS is supposed to be an idelogue and needs to react to this. But it didnt. Unless I get a clear answer I am not gonna forgive what they did.
KiranA I do not know you personally and I really do not have those many extra cycles these days to spend a lot of time on this forum and to go through the entire history and geography of who said what and neither I am going to advise you to take the higher moral ground. But I will just close this conversation with a note "Do not forget that we all are on the same team !!! Remember all are fellow SDREs here and whatever games we play with each other, the battle is already lost. Better work out our differences and try to reason so that we can consolidate. Remember these differences are the reason why we got first ruled by Moguls and then British. If we still do not learn from that, then its already a lost cause to fight for and better save your energy."
I dont know what you mean really but i was very nice with these folks. Just look up my first posts w.r.t OmkarC and Lilo. I defended OmKarC and I explained very patiently to Lilo until OmKarC started asking for me to get banned for a post I made to Lilo. And lilo started going ape shit about Kammas and then when found I am not Kamma started dropping some other caste names he is allegedly against. I dont think they are decet folk esp Lilo and Yagnasri.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

^^ KiranA - Lets all take a step back and show the maturity that Nukavarapu and Lilo sirs showed earlier.. in-fighting is not good, given there are far bigger problems.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

OmkarC wrote:^^ KiranA - Lets all take a step back and show the maturity that Nukavarapu and Lilo sirs showed earlier.. in-fighting is not good, given there are far bigger problems.

I have shown you respect by default. You need to earn it now. Infighting not good ? But that's what you have been doing. Basically you have no idea what you talk about.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

^^ OK, I give up.. dont bother trolling.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

TDP is the default development party in AP. If only they imbibe more Hindutva.

OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

nukavarapu wrote:
Rony wrote:TDP is the default development party in AP. If only they imbibe more Hindutva.
I agree completely, but at the same time we also need to find a solution to the EJ conquest going on in the state. The development should protect the dharmic values, not give leverage to abrahamic crusades. Don't get me wrong, I am not against TDP or for that matter any party which brings in the development of people and the state, just that the EJ menace has to be tackled, especially the method of luring the desperate using fake charade.
Nukavarapu garu, agree w/ you.. but I think the nature of all regional parties is to become ultimate sycophants of minorities (barring only Shiv Sena, but that's a localized phenomenon of MH due to their RW history) because the concept of bribing middle men (Mullahs or Padres) to get a solid % of votes, is too irresistible.. as long as muslims & Xtians will vote enblock, regional parties will continue to pamper them.. they start off as benign TDPs (5-10% corrupt), then JDU/JDS (30-40% corrupt), then SP/BSP (60-70%) corrupt and finally end up as TMC/Hurriyat/Commies - 100% anti national, completely aligned w/ Radicals from Abrahamist religions and actively sabotaging Hindu & Indian interests.. To turn regional parties nationalist, one needs to break Islamist & christian unity.. we can theorize, but its not that easy in AP.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Dear @RatanSharda55 please note this nonsense. The endowments minister of Andhra Pradesh is a BJP & RSS member.
Yogi Bhogaananda‏ @andhroindian 6h6 hours ago

Name :-P Satyanarayana
Religion :- Christian
Swearing as Director of venugopala devasthanam ,kurada
Guy rejected prasadam after swearing in

50 replies 506 retweets 150 likes
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

nukavarapu wrote:
Rony wrote:TDP is the default development party in AP. If only they imbibe more Hindutva.
I agree completely, but at the same time we also need to find a solution to the EJ conquest going on in the state. The development should protect the dharmic values, not give leverage to abrahamic crusades. Don't get me wrong, I am not against TDP or for that matter any party which brings in the development of people and the state, just that the EJ menace has to be tackled, especially the method of luring the desperate using fake charade.
There are no crusades. There is no christian army invading andhra. There is no conquest.Its just missionaries bribing people or doing some charity and hoping for conversions. Only economic devlopment will solve it. Does anyone talk about conversions in Hyderabad or rangareddy or vizag proper ? No because they are booming economies - ppl have money, job and are not going to listen to this. Urbanization followed by economic devlopment is the only solutions.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

Coming to Ej thing - one thing is there is no data. Official census shows christians at 2-3% but some (rather self important) posters here claim 30-40%. The explanation for low official statistics is that all christians lie to census in andhra. I can understand small groups of motivated people lying but hard to believe entire populations can lie. On the other hand the high figure of 30-40% is based on mushrroming idols of mary or thatched huts plastered with crosses. Now christianity likes to advertise and its rather cheap to build them and are even bribing oppurtunuties for local authorities so we cant simply extrapolate. truth is somewhere in between.

But what gets my goat is ppl claiming here that BJP is the solution.

Lets asume the worst that andhra is getting majorly christianized - whats the worst can happen?. Andhra hindus are attacked, andhras hindus are blamed, andhra hindus character is tarnished, their culture is belittled, their properties are under threat etc. until they move to their own safer areas. But did not that already happen with full support of BJP under the guise of T movement ? DId not Delhi full of congress, bjp hindus already legitimized the hate against andhras by dividing the state under closed doors of parliament ? Did not andhras lose access to hyderabad built by their sweat, enterprise and hardwork ?

Its insane and insulting to andhras to ask to forget all that and support them one more time because some crosses are being planted on some thatched huts in poor shanties.
Marten
BRF Oldie
Location: Engaging Communists, Uber-Socialists, Maoists, and other pro-poverty groups in fruitful dialog.

Post by Marten »

Just to understand your position : EJs are fine because the state got split, right?
Aarvee
BRFite

Post by Aarvee »

I am from Rayalaseema region, settled in hyd about 10 years ago. Driving to my native place from hyd, I can clearly see a difference in these last ten years. Pretty much every village/town has a church with a loud speaker at the entrance itself. Every morning and evening, sermons are broadcasted over loud speakers. Sayings from their" Holy book" are painted on the walls in every street. During christmas etc, the celebrations are on par with local hindu celebrations although the demographic is comparatively minuscule. Money and some times other rewards like TVs, fridges etc are offered for converts.

Mostly Low income groups fall prey. I personally know of atleast two families which converted. One of them did so to get cash for treatment of the head of the family who fell ill and was the sole bread earner. While I dont have numbers, I can feel the change. They are more assertive now and quite combative. In one instance, a xtian family rented a portion of a house from a brmin family.

After a month or so, they started having prayer meetings every sunday morning. This was loud and the owners were not comfortable with large group of strangers in the building/compound every sunday morning. This escalated to having loud speakers and it took more than a year for the owners to cajole them to vacate. The whole surrounding area was scared to ask them to stop for the fear of getting branded as RW or anti-minority. There have also been instances of anti sc/st or atrocities cases getting registered for minor insignificant issues.

If you rent your premises to them, you get into nuisance issues. If you dont, you get branded as anti minority!!
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Aarvee wrote:I am from Rayalaseema region, settled in hyd about 10 years ago. Driving to my native place from hyd, I can clearly see a difference in these last ten years. Pretty much every village/town has a church with a loud speaker at the entrance itself. Every morning and evening, sermons are broadcasted over loud speakers. Sayings from their" Holy book" are painted on the walls in every street. During christmas etc, the celebrations are on par with local hindu celebrations although the demographic is comparatively minuscule. Money and some times other rewards like TVs, fridges etc are offered for converts.

Mostly Low income groups fall prey. I personally know of atleast two families which converted. One of them did so to get cash for treatment of the head of the family who fell ill and was the sole bread earner. While I dont have numbers, I can feel the change. They are more assertive now and quite combative. In one instance, a xtian family rented a portion of a house from a brmin family.

After a month or so, they started having prayer meetings every sunday morning. This was loud and the owners were not comfortable with large group of strangers in the building/compound every sunday morning. This escalated to having loud speakers and it took more than a year for the owners to cajole them to vacate. The whole surrounding area was scared to ask them to stop for the fear of getting branded as RW or anti-minority. There have also been instances of anti sc/st or atrocities cases getting registered for minor insignificant issues.

If you rent your premises to them, you get into nuisance issues. If you dont, you get branded as anti minority!!
The fear of getting branded as "RW" is a legacy of communist perversion & lack of individualist political thought that has afflicted AP.. Andhra people know how to work like Ants, but don't understand high level issues or strategic issues - which makes it easy for ideologies to dominate and manipulate them. Dismantling communist & Dravidian (aka Tamil chauvinist) ideologies require financial and political arm twisting, which TDP or even AP state BJP cannot seem to do. To start somewhere, a serious overhaul of state BJP is needed first.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

Marten wrote:Just to understand your position : EJs are fine because the state got split, right?

No - The so called Hindu rakshaks RSS/BJP were as bad to Andhra hindus as EJ are supposed to be in some distant future.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

Aarvee wrote:I am from Rayalaseema region, settled in hyd about 10 years ago. Driving to my native place from hyd, I can clearly see a difference in these last ten years. Pretty much every village/town has a church with a loud speaker at the entrance itself. Every morning and evening, sermons are broadcasted over loud speakers. Sayings from their" Holy book" are painted on the walls in every street. During christmas etc, the celebrations are on par with local hindu celebrations although the demographic is comparatively minuscule. Money and some times other rewards like TVs, fridges etc are offered for converts.

Story does not sound believable to me or just some rare exceptions. Brahmins may rent their independent houses/flats to any but I rarely hear them renting part of their own houses to hindu meat eaters forget beef eating christians. Also when did owners in remote andhra towns get so scared of tenants in their own houses and worry about getting branded RW ?

Either a bluff or some rare exceptions which can happen anywhere.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

kiranA wrote: Brahmins may rent their independent houses/flats to any but I rarely hear them renting part of their own houses to hindu meat eaters forget beef eating christians.
You are still at it are you? BTW I know of few brahmins home owners who'd like to disagree with your statement.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

Karthik S wrote:
kiranA wrote: Brahmins may rent their independent houses/flats to any but I rarely hear them renting part of their own houses to hindu meat eaters forget beef eating christians.
You are still at it are you? BTW I know of few brahmins home owners who'd like to disagree with your statement.
What do you mean still at it ? these are common knowledge and unlike you I say what I beleive as fact and not to manipulate others thinking. There may be few exceptions but they generally dont - especially in small towns. Not only brahmins even most hindus wont rent part of their own house to muslims or christians and vice versa.
Aarvee
BRFite

Post by Aarvee »

kiranA wrote:
Aarvee wrote: Story does not sound believable to me or just some rare exceptions. Brahmins may rent their independent houses/flats to any but I rarely hear them renting part of their own houses to hindu meat eaters forget beef eating christians. Also when did owners in remote andhra towns get so scared of tenants in their own houses and worry about getting branded RW ?

Either a bluff or some rare exceptions which can happen anywhere.
KiranA, I did mention that I dont have numbers and so my experience may not have any statistical significance.

It is common to build houses that contain multiple portions to generate steady rental income. Most people when they build a house, they do so with one portion in ground floor that they keep and rent out the first floor or vice versa. As I am sure you can understand, most people dont have pension providing jobs and this is a great way to secure steady income and increase property value.

Coming to your other claim that brahmins/hindus dont rent out properties to other communities. They do prefer if the tenants are vegetarians, more so if they are likely to live in the building. But that doesnt mean they dont rent out properties to other communities. My father had 5 properties that he rented out at one point and we had muslims, christians and other hindus living. We didnt care who lived as long as the rent was paid promptly and the properties were well maintained. We knew these were purely investment properties and we were not gonna live there and even though we are vegetarians, we didnt care what they were eating.

It is not the fear of getting branded RW. It is more to do with getting involved with SC/ST atrocities cases that get filed so easily and they can even come with non-bailable warrants. The cases in most instances are unsubstantiated and will fail in court but you still need to go to court and run around police stations and no one wants that.