J&K News and Discussion - 2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K News and Discussion - 2016

Post by Gagan »

That will get rid of 370
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

A Kashmir valley under central rule would allow for free land to military vetrans and family.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Cordon off the valley from surrounding areas with defence forces controlling exit/entry. Make it UT.
Pull out forces from the valley. They can spend the entire life throwing stones among themselves.
Cutoff mobile access from the valley to other parts of the country and world. No internet.

No exports from the valley. Only food and essentials.

Have 1 MP/MLA represent them. Send regular offenders to jails in Rajasthan to enjoy the weather.

Basically make it no different from a remote tribal jungle village in the forest of Orissa or UP.
bharotshontan
BRFite

Post by bharotshontan »

Gagan wrote:Amending constitution articles needs 2/3
But in 370's case it needs state assembly to also do simple majority / 2/3 not clear - this is a very unique provision.

I was reading a book on J&K, where Chacha's shenanigans are mentioned in some detail. Also why he asked for a premature cease fire in '48
1. Because the shias around Mirpur would have diluted Sheikh Abdulla's vote bank,
2. The Brits needed Gilgit town, as they had a listening post to keep tabs on the Soviet Union. The brits would receive people travelling from the Soviet Union in Gilgit, traders and other spies would come down to Gilgit town.

The Pakistani army was in full retreat, having been pushed back from Kargil to Skardu. The IA would have gone from Kargil to Skardu to Gilgit. But Chacha stopped the IA at Kargil itself, making an excuse that he was going to the UN !!! Both Sheikh Abdulla and Edwina / Brits were playing with Chacha, and he did this with eyes wide open. His other goof up was not listening to Dr Homi Bhaba and go nuclear in time - India is still paying for Chacha's foolhardiness.
We need to be questioning why or how the actions of one or two critically-placed individuals ends up becoming a no-go zone or so entrenched into the system. This is similar to how "secular" got inserted into the preamble of India during Indira's emergency. Part of me starts giving to conspiracy theories as in why is this setup maintained in our Indian subcontinent, with an artificially partitioned rogue-army-with-a-state, also us having a partial piece of peaceful-majority land which obviously is not going to be wanting to be under Indian rule (given the precedence that peaceful-majority parts of Bharat can and are existing as sovereign nation-states) so we are essentially an occupying force trying out different manners of crowd control...simultaneously having our hands behind our backs in terms of having sure-shot ways of tackling the peaceful problem in Kashmir valley. Its like powers that be are using this context to maintain a status quo occupation zone (neither let KM's be azaad nor let Dharmics overwhelm valley demographically) to test out various non-lethal brutal crowd-management techniques, maybe for a later date imposition on the rest of the world Hunger Games style. Want to clarify that I'm not expressing any sympathy for the KMs and their Jihadi antics, just wondering how such festering sores are allowed to remain unresolved via strategic placements of compromised individuals. If there is a larger conspiracy towards this, who and more importantly why?
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

nam wrote:Cordon off the valley from surrounding areas with defence forces controlling exit/entry. Make it UT.
Pull out forces from the valley. They can spend the entire life throwing stones among themselves.
Cutoff mobile access from the valley to other parts of the country and world. No internet.

No exports from the valley. Only food and essentials.

Have 1 MP/MLA represent them. Send regular offenders to jails in Rajasthan to enjoy the weather.

Basically make it no different from a remote tribal jungle village in the forest of Orissa or UP.
You sound like the dictator of India signing off orders to the minions at warp speed :D

None of what you say is realistically possible my friend.

Kashmiri youth, don't know what they want. There is a new fatwa from Pakistan every few months and years. Even Pakistan does not know what it wants, other than to create trouble. Pakistan already knows it can never get J&K. These are just half a$$ed attempts by mid-level afsars in the ISI there to show that they are doing something to the establishment in Pindi.

In the meanwhile
There are two issues at stake here.
1. Rabid islamization of the Sunnis in the valley
2. The larger issue of a spillover effect or independent effect of islamization in India itself

What is J&K today, might become certain other areas in India in as soon as the next decade, if steps are not taken now.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

One effect of the Hindus leaving the valley is that the place has now an overwhelming Muslim population. The new generation has not seen many hindus around.
IOW, that place is becoming like Pakistan. If left to their own devices, these guys will quickly go on a sawab earning spree, twist islam around, throw fatwas at each other, kill and maim kafirs and munafiqs and make life miserable for everyone there.

A multipronged approach has to be carried out. Both the center and the state govt have to be on board on this.
It starts with law and order, first. Then other things like education, job opportunities, industrialization etc.

More protests and stone pelting == loss of tourism. This generation of hoodlums will realize this very soon, as their baap-dadas did in every decade since the 80s.

Can't have out of power state level politicians and media messing things up.
To begin with, even hinting at separatism as Farookh Abdullah did recently, but just about every Kashmiri neta has done when out of power, must be frowned down upon. The media must harass these netas so that they stop blabbering BS.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

When I see ppl here saying how great Dal Lake is, it makes me cringe. The place is a stinking sewage laden garbage dump. The whole scenery-wonder-heaven thing needs to be played down and the hostile nature brought out. One explanation is the work "Kashmir" is "dessicated slum infested with idiots" which is about right.
DrRatnadip
BRFite

Post by DrRatnadip »

UlanBatori wrote:When I see ppl here saying how great Dal Lake is, it makes me cringe. The place is a stinking sewage laden garbage dump. The whole scenery-wonder-heaven thing needs to be played down and the hostile nature brought out. One explanation is the work "Kashmir" is "dessicated slum infested with idiots" which is about right.
Sir, I agree Dal lake is polluted..but weeding out hostile slum dwellers will surely bring back its original beauty. I would personaly favour making it final resting place for stone pelters who are in urgent need of AZADI.. :twisted:
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

UlanBatori wrote:When I see ppl here saying how great Dal Lake is, it makes me cringe. The place is a stinking sewage laden garbage dump. The whole scenery-wonder-heaven thing needs to be played down and the hostile nature brought out. One explanation is the work "Kashmir" is "dessicated slum infested with idiots" which is about right.
Srinagar may not be that great, but other places in the valley are beautiful scenery similar to what is seen in Uk and HP.
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

the discussion of Art 370 also merits discussion of Art 35A. IMVHO Art 35A enables Art 370
Art 35A is passed without going through Parliament through a Presidential Order. The Constitution (Application to Jammu and Kashmir) Order, 1954 was issued by President Rajendra Prasad under Article 370, with the advice of the Union Government headed by Jawaharlal Nehru
the wiki page is informative :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_3 ... n_of_India

article 35A and art 370 leads to an extremely cruel, uncivilized and unsurmountable discrimination against women who are married to non state subjects and their children if the women is widowed
It facilitates the violation of the right of women to ‘marry a man of their choice’ by not giving the heirs any right to property, if the woman marries a man not holding PRC. Therefore, her children are not given Permanent Resident Certificate and thereby considering them unfit for inheritance – not given any right to such a woman’s property even if she is a permanent resident.
suits have been filed before the Delhi High Court and Supreme Court
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... y-jk-govt/
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

It seems India may have abducted a retired Pak officer from Nepal to secure Jadhav's release.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-new ... LMeSL.html
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Wait for few year and your complaint will be addressed. Soon we will turn this majestic lake into a local Pond. Just allow us few more years of Land water grabbing.
Srinagar Valley is one of the most dirtiest place in whole of Sooth Asia ( not counting Pakistan) and thats why they want to goto Pakistan ASAP. All thanks to severe pressure at the wrong place.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

The lake smells due to the moss and the overgrowing population of locals dumping trash into it.
They have I think one moss removal machine, but the lake is grown up with these that it is becoming filthy
Then the shikara boatmen will take one to the area around the Hazratbal mosque, which stinks like hell !!!
Of the 4 trees in charminar, one 3 are left and they too are dying

Land grabbers are dumping into the lake to try and grab land to build on it. The dal lake size continues to shrink every year.

The state govts are busy, giving out biriyani parties to the separatists meanwhile
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Gagan wrote: You sound like the dictator of India signing off orders to the minions at warp speed :D

None of what you say is realistically possible my friend.
:D The reason we feel it is not possible, because we are scared of the media hu-ha and log kya bollege that will follow.

Kashmir must be the only conflict in the history of mankind where "alleged occupying force" pays it "alleged victim" handsomely before shooting them!

We have killed thousands of naxalities. What is the state of some of the foot solidiers who join them? Most of the guys would not even have a toilet in their mud homes, yet we don't even blink while shooting.

So we seem to be shooting people who are probably asking for a toilet, take the money from people who want a toilet, pay the kashmiri school headmaster to build a three storey house with apple orchid,media time and then shoot his spoilt brat.

If we can keep the naxal poor before shooting, I am sure we can keep the Kashmiri poor and then shoot!
Avtar Singh
BRFite

Post by Avtar Singh »

i agree with nam,
all this.. cant do this and that is very much reminiscent of that
stupid speech by manmoron singh given to the british telling them how great they
were for India

take the action necessary, at the moment the area is hell for the police and army
the idea should be to reverse this situation without having to shoot anyone, for now.

shut it all off and make it hell for the residents, until they come to their senses
or turn full on jihadists and then clean the place up

This is your country, your valley take control of it.
Dont give pelters the initiative... dont give a damn what foreigners/media think,
I know it is hard to do when even a previous prime minister indulges in the pathetic
kind of talk highlighted above.

ps. I have nothing against brits just using to highlight the attitude..
similar to dhoti shivering that shiv alludes to in other threads
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Some J&K neta needs to be made an example of.
The abdullah khandaan seems to be asking for it now.

These guys have damaged things in the valley quite a bit, and have first messed things up, then stand in the way of peace
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Some of the neta and media walas are the reason J&K will never be peaceful.
These guys play both sides, and inflame passions of the public for their own cynical gains.

Everyone is making a chootiya of the valley public, who are going to get killed, have blood on their hands and will lose their livelihood. Another generation is senselessly marching ahead to have their youth and their lives destroyed in search of a chimera.

Pakistan has rehashed an old drug in a new bottle - islamization.
ISIS flags are making an appearance since last year.
Sab ke sab marenge, valley ko destroy karenge, aur haath me kuch nahi milega

These idiots have already killed pundits, next thing will be to kill shias under the ISIS flag, and also kill ikhwaans, other minorities. Fools all of them!
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

This is a paper to which the GOI gives it's ad money.

Some effing baboo(n) needs his head examined along with the comatose BJP politicos.
Today's front page of @Rising_Kashmir

Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

GoI should look at moving the state capital to Jammu permanantly.
This moving capitals business twice a year is pure BS, and expensive to boot. No work gets done anyways because half the records are in a different location. Ideal situation for the lazy state govt babus

The money bags in the valley, who appropriate all the funds from the state government amd then play both sides of the LOC has to be curtailed. This whole separatism industry runs on money, it is a criminal syndicate, that sells to the highest bidder.

In Jammu, at least the money will be well spent and actually be put to work all over the state. Srinagar is a financial black hole, that gobbles up GoI's largesse without a naya paisa reaching the villages
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

The valley politicians and public have proven that they are not fit to host the state capital. They like to keep the state capital under curfew, paralyzing the whole state machinery

The capital needs to move out to where there is no disruption
DrRatnadip
BRFite

Post by DrRatnadip »

EDITED to mantain forum's decorum..
Last edited by DrRatnadip on 20 Apr 2017 06:10, edited 1 time in total.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Edit your post. You are on public forum. Could get into trouble.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Dr Ratnadip, the GOI does not assassinate anybody. India follows the rule of law.

Our government, our institutions, and our people are strong enough that our nation can do whatever she needs to get done without breaking any of her own laws.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

From long experience at the CNN portal, anyone who adopts a web handle starting with "Dr." is doing the equivalent of attaching a "Spit Here" note on their musharraf. Just a piece of very friendly and sympathetic advice. It's only a matter of time... I have watched several people who ignored that advice and puffed up, reduced to tears and tantrums in short order.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Super article on the 2 videos: 1) a jawan being molested by a stone pelting Jihadi, and 2) Indian army major's innovative use of a human shield that ended up saving lives

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/why-t ... 170419.htm
DrRatnadip
BRFite

Post by DrRatnadip »

UlanBatori wrote:From long experience at the CNN portal, anyone who adopts a web handle starting with "Dr." is doing the equivalent of attaching a "Spit Here" note on their musharraf. Just a piece of very friendly and sympathetic advice. It's only a matter of time... I have watched several people who ignored that advice and puffed up, reduced to tears and tantrums in short order.
Got your point sir..Thanks for advice..will be more careful in future
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The admins will help you select a name as colorful and accurate as mine :)
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

regarding this autonomy bugbear of J&K. Art 370 and Art 35A grant more than requisite autonomy to J&K. However the regions of J&K, broadly, Jammu, Kashmir and Ladhakh have zero autonomy vis a vis Kashmir. This status is untenable and should never have been permitted to start with.
DrRatnadip
BRFite

Post by DrRatnadip »

UlanBatori wrote:The admins will help you select a name as colorful and accurate as mine :)
sure sir..will contact admin to get better name.. :twisted:
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

J&K is a artificial construct from the beginning. Sooner we destroy this edifice and return to natural borders of it, better it would be. Even GoI is drinking the Koolaid of keeping this artificial entity alive and pouring money into this cesspool.

PS: Poor Ladakh doesn't even get its name in the J&K.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

UlanBatori wrote:The admins will help you select a name as colorful and accurate as mine :)
Your name still doesn't have a human sound to it...
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

sudeepj wrote:I had a brainwave. AADHAR is the solution to the stone throwing problem. Almost every govt. benefit is being handled through AADHAR today, from NREGA, to Ujjwala, to Mudra to houses, to the kerosene and ration from PDS to what have you.

If anyone is caught throwing stones, outlaw them from AADHAR benefits. Simple!
"Cannot make it mandatory for availing welfare schemes’.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/a ... 671381.ece
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Gagan wrote:
Your name still doesn't have a human sound to it...
Hellooooo!! Would u be impressed by, say,
Mullah Dr. (Ing) Mynheer Senor Abdul Enqyoob Faisalabadi Esq. IV, hain? There used to be a terrorist turkey who used to post here several years ago. May still be there on the the Bakistani Bojitive Neuj threads.

The Ulan Bator family is an ancient and venerated (well, feared and hated, but Name Recognition is Name Recognition) name in all of Central Asia if not the entire dunia. You may have confused my last name with some flatbread half-baked over a dung fire, which is not far from reality either.

This reminds me of when my Evil 17th Coujin Pervez Kutta was dissed on the India Unity Forum, with some so-called Indian Muslims declaring that his name disrespected their Herrow Pervez Musharraf. Why he reminded them of a dog I cannot say. Pointed out forcefully that Kutta was a highly venerated family name from Palakkad, Karnataka, but to no avail. Had to exit there in short order. :eek:
Cultural ignorance, the bane of Internet Threads! :((
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Alas, we live in such intolerant times onlee Jahanpanah! :rotfl:
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

Gagan wrote:Amending constitution articles needs 2/3
But in 370's case it needs state assembly to also do simple majority / 2/3 not clear - this is a very unique provision.

I was reading a book on J&K, where Chacha's shenanigans are mentioned in some detail. Also why he asked for a premature cease fire in '48
1. Because the shias around Mirpur would have diluted Sheikh Abdulla's vote bank,
2. The Brits needed Gilgit town, as they had a listening post to keep tabs on the Soviet Union. The brits would receive people travelling from the Soviet Union in Gilgit, traders and other spies would come down to Gilgit town.

The Pakistani army was in full retreat, having been pushed back from Kargil to Skardu. The IA would have gone from Kargil to Skardu to Gilgit. But Chacha stopped the IA at Kargil itself, making an excuse that he was going to the UN !!! Both Sheikh Abdulla and Edwina / Brits were playing with Chacha, and he did this with eyes wide open. His other goof up was not listening to Dr Homi Bhaba and go nuclear in time - India is still paying for Chacha's foolhardiness.
Sadly, Chacha repeated this foolishness in Maldives, which was left independent, and adjoins Lakshwadweep, with the Chinese building a foot hold there

Gifting Cocos Island Group just 12 nautical miles north of Andamans Group to Burma, where the Chinese built an ELINT station two decades ago.

Gifting Kabaw Valley which belonged to Manipur to Burma, and this remains acrimonious to Manipuris.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

The chinese have built a full fledged runway on the Great Coco island, where they can base just about any aircraft, including very soon long range maritime surveillance aircraft.

The Indian navy was supposed to place a radar on top of the Narcondum Island to keep tabs on the entire region, but Narcondum is a volcano, has recently again started throwing rocks, smoke and ash. Now Naval Air Station Shibpur 's 1 Km runway is planned to be upgraded to a 3.5 Km runway and P-8Is will be based there, 5 yrs down the line. The station is 100 Km from Cocos Is.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

http://indianexpress.com/article/opinio ... y-4620129/

Very good article by Lt General Hooda, ex-Northern Army Commander.

Shows very clear appreciation of the situation and ground realities.

Excerpt:
In any internal conflict, perceptions are key. The hearts-and-mind campaign is less about the heart, and more about the mind. The heart of the Kashmiri will always be with his wife, son, daughter, relative and friends in his village. The government can’t hope to vie for this space. But it can earn his confidence and respect and this will be the first step towards conflict resolution and normalcy. That confidence will come about through both words and deeds. The rhetoric will continue, it now seems to have acquired a life of its own, but the government and all its organs, including the security forces, must calmly assess the situation and adopt a clear strategy. Development is helpful but it cannot compete with the power of emotions, with desires and perceived wrongs. These will have to be tackled only in the human domain
The bold part in my opinion is equivalent to what I had said earlier - a normal Kashmiri has transaction based relationship with India. If he sees that India is the bigger party and that is where the bread is going to come from, than he will gravitate to that side. But as the good General said, in mind and not in heart. In his heart, he will also remain a Kashmiri and not an Indian.

So, India continuously needs to ensure that symbols of Indian state and its dominance (especially in inflicting violence) is always remember by locals. They cannot lose their relevance.

Some p-sec crowd is going to use the general's article as a pacifist type advise to the government. But careful reading of the article tells you that if GOI follows this advice, all these 'innocent, misguided' youth will no longer be seen on the street.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

OT, apologies.
There is a nexus between islamism and the Chinese. There might be a bearing on POK.

Maldives turned Islamized in the last decade, and now China has moved in.
Same with Pakistan in the last 2-3 decades.

Sri Lanka has a long and colorful history of playing the Soviet Union against the USA and with India caught in the middle.
Then they used India vs China now. All of India's small neighbours are playing this India vs China game, allowing both to come in.

Lanka gave Hambantota to the Chinese, now wants India to take over Trincomalee and its oil tank farm.
The Chinese are currently changing the entire waterfront of Colombo, building a small city by reclaiming land in the sea. They've already nearly doubled the capacity of Colombo port, meanwhile India's Chahbahar port is sometimes on, sometimes off due to US sanctions. All the Indian engineers working in various projects in Iran are cooling their heels back home in India.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Gagan wrote:OT, apologies.
There is a nexus between islamism and the Chinese. There might be a bearing on POK.

Maldives turned Islamized in the last decade, and now China has moved in.
Same with Pakistan in the last 2-3 decades.
It's collaborating with our enemies, can't be nexus as they are clamping down on their mohammedan population.
Sri Lanka has a long and colorful history of playing the Soviet Union against the USA and with India caught in the middle.
Then they used India vs China now. All of India's small neighbours are playing this India vs China game, allowing both to come in.

Lanka gave Hambantota to the Chinese, now wants India to take over Trincomalee and its oil tank farm.
The Chinese are currently changing the entire waterfront of Colombo, building a small city by reclaiming land in the sea. They've already nearly doubled the capacity of Colombo port, meanwhile India's Chahbahar port is sometimes on, sometimes off due to US sanctions. All the Indian engineers working in various projects in Iran are cooling their heels back home in India.
That's usually the case sir, when two big powers are rivals smaller countries reap benefit or even get caught in the cross fire.
They are trying to extract whatever they can for betterment of their country, we'd probably do the same. Just that hopefully we have told Sri Lankans or they know it themselves that they can't give any leverage to any country that will be detrimental to our security, especially at the time of conflicts.
tandav
BRFite

Post by tandav »

Islam/China/West recognize only power and ruthlessness. China has demonstrated power in spades. A lot of Islamic elite aspire to recreate the CPC/PLA in PRC success by creating an Islamic equivalent of it in their home countries/stans. There is a civilizational understanding that people of various books have for each other. The Mohammad's Green Quran and Mao's Red Book have lots in common. Methods used by Chinese conquerers and Islamic conquerors embrace the concept of total war and genocide of populations that lost to the followers of these muticolored books are well documented.

Its also one of the reasons that China will the war against radical Islam in its own soil. It may establish a Chinese Mecca and Medina if need be. It may create its own Quran where eating Pigs is allowed.

All in all a very interesting power play between Islam and China. Though both hate the Indian civilizational construct. Also this plays over well into the Ghazwa e Hind concepts of Muslims where it is claimed that an Army of Yellow flags will merge with the Black flags of Khorasan and conquer India.