India-US relations: News and Discussions III

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions III

Post by Rudradev »

Aaaahahahahaha

More and more of Paki Scum Huma Abedin's family find themselves under a harsh spotlight wielded by federal investigative agencies!

Must read.
http://mobile.wnd.com/2017/04/humas-kin ... stigation/
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

India-US relations: News and Discussions III

Post by Peregrine »

President Trump's First 100 Days
Cheers Image
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Indian-American jailed for distributing illegal medicines, loses US citizenship
Link

He lost his citizenship for lying on the citizenship application and not for selling drugs. AFAIK that is the only reason you can lose your citizenship but you CAN sell drugs AFTER you become a citizen.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

No. Numerous terror suspects who were citizens by birth or residency have got revoked and barred from entry or deported. So crimes can also lead to recovation.

For gc also crimes can mean deportation

Being a police state only those with no traceable parents abroad ie 4th+ gen euros or blacks have no place for deportation..they would be put in lockup instead
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

^^^
Just curious, Can you cite a couple of examples where citizenship has been revoked for subsequent criminal activity. I had always thought that only lying on a green card or citizenship application was grounds for revocation. Not doubting you, just an area that I have always had interest.
pravula
BRFite

Post by pravula »

Singha wrote:No. Numerous terror suspects who were citizens by birth or residency have got revoked and barred from entry or deported. So crimes can also lead to recovation.
AFAIK, thats not true. especially, citizens by birth.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Yes it seems by birth citizenship cannot be revoked. Naturalized can be revoked under conditions in link.
Uk can and has revoked by birth also.

https://www.nestmann.com/could-they-rea ... itizenship
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

No, you can not revoke citizenship by birth period but you can GIVE IT UP. But lying on a federal form to obtain citizenship (by naturalization) is a good cause and has been used many times even after decades. Questions like "Have you worked illegally?', or 'Were you a member of Nazi Party' Or any 'Criminal cases pending?' etc. Wrong answer and it will come to bite you decades. UK is different.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I am not worried :) being well beyond the orbit of either *raises lungi to pee against nearby wall*
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

I just looked at the Form N400. There are bunch of questions which I do not recall answering. They have changed the form a lot since I became a citizen.

N400
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Singha wrote:I am not worried :) being well beyond the orbit of either *raises lungi to pee against nearby wall*
:rotfl: :rotfl:
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Singha wrote:No. Numerous terror suspects who were citizens by birth or residency have got revoked and barred from entry or deported. So crimes can also lead to recovation...]
Actually related to this is being discussed in SCOTUS.. But first -
(No crimes in general can not lead to revocation..)
** Natural-born U.S. citizens may not have their citizenship revoked against their will, but may choose to renounce their citizenship on their own.
Although rare but it has happened for a naturalized U.S. citizen to have his or her citizenship stripped through a process called "denaturalization."

Grounds for Denaturalization

*** Falsification or Concealment of Relevant Facts: You must be absolutely truthful when filling out paperwork and answering interview questions related to the naturalization application process. Even if the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) fails to recognize any lies or ommissions at first, the agency may file a denaturalization action against you after citizenship has been granted. Examples include failure to disclose criminal activities or lying about one's real name or identity.

**Refusal to Testify Before Congress: ( This requirement to testify in order to maintain citizenship status expires after 10 years.)

**Membership in Subversive Groups: ( U.S. government must prove that you joined a subversive organization (Nazi Party, AlQaeda) within five years of becoming a naturalized citizen) . (Also even after 5 years if you did not tell at the time of taking oath)
Dishonorable Military Discharge: ( naturalized U.S. citizen by virtue of serving in the U.S. military, your citizenship may be revoked if you are dishonorably discharged before serving five years).

So basically only thing strange that the first part, if taken literally can make many people deported and that this is now in news.. please read this

Recent news item

Supreme Court Was Not Amused by Trump Administration’s Argument on Deporting Naturalized Citizens
... The Supreme Court may have gotten a glimpse of this new attitude just yesterday in oral arguments for a case involving a naturalized citizen from Serbia who was deported after it became clear she had failed to disclose her husband’s involvement in Bosnian Serb militias committing atrocities back in the 1990s.
Indeed, some of the Justices expressed, as the New York Times’ Adam Liptak put it, “indignation and incredulity” at Justice Department attorney Robert Parker’s unflinching contention that any evidence of a failure to disclose not only crimes but lies in citizenship applications could be grounds for revoking citizenship. And this reaction was by no means confined to SCOTUS “liberals.”

Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. tried to test the limits of the government’s position at a Supreme Court argument on Wednesday by confessing to a criminal offense.
>>> (The transcripts)
JOHN ROBERTS, Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court: Some time ago, outside the statute of limitations, I drove 60 miles an hour in a 55-mile-an-hour zone.

(LAUGHTER)

ROBERT PARKER, Justice Department Attorney: I’m sorry to hear that.

JOHN ROBERTS: I wasn’t arrested.
>>>>

“If I answer that question no, 20 years after I was naturalized as a citizen, you can knock on my door and say, ‘Guess what, you’re not an American citizen after all’?” Chief Justice Roberts asked.

Parker agreed that could happen, and the Chief Justice said: “Oh, come on.”

Other Justices found some grim humor in the government’s position:

Fun times ahead as now such cases are going to come..
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

I vaguely remember a guard from a German concentration camp (Auschwitz type of camp) who lost his US citizenship for lying in his application regarding his work during WWII. This happened decades after he obtained his US citizenship. He was then deported back to the country he came from.
Gautam
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

So if a person is now a US Citizen and was Indian citizen earlier, what happens when his US citizenship is revoked.
Why should India accept a alien now ? You renounce Indian citizenship, You are no longer one of us legally.
How does this deporting thing then work out. Where are these denaturalized Citizen deported to ?
Neshant
BRF Oldie

Post by Neshant »

They drop him off with a row boat and a bottle of water in the middle of the Atlantic..
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

What did they do to that AQ propaganda guy (born as citizen)in Yemen ? There were calls to revoke citizenship. The dude waged war against US but never actually went thru the paperwork of giving up citizenship. When US droned him, it raised questions on how to authorize attacks on citizens and legal issues etc..
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Vikas wrote:So if a person is now a US Citizen and was Indian citizen earlier, what happens when his US citizenship is revoked.
Why should India accept a alien now ? You renounce Indian citizenship, You are no longer one of us legally.
How does this deporting thing then work out. Where are these denaturalized Citizen deported to ?
They become stateless. If US Govt puts him/her on a plane to Mumbai by force and the Indian Govt refuses to accept him/her he will be flying for ever. Trisanku Swargam.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

g.sarkar wrote:I vaguely remember a guard from a German concentration camp (Auschwitz type of camp) who lost his US citizenship for lying in his application regarding his work during WWII. This happened decades after he obtained his US citizenship. He was then deported back to the country he came from.
Gautam
I remember that too. He was deported and if I recall he was over 80 and practically senile..
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

After reading the SCOTUS arguments I went back and checked form N400. Wow , the questions are really weird. But I do not recall answering all those questions. The form must have been changed a lot since I filled it. I am sure I have a copy of the form somewhere. There was q about receiving 'weapons training' and I did receive it in NCC. Did I answer 'yes' to it or may be the q was not there on the form I filled. As CJ Roberts pointed out even driving over the speed limit is an offence and that can be used to 'denaturalize' you for lying!

Side note. They lost the my application. When I called them to check a very friendly INS agent helped me reconstruct it with the original date. Then it went to some office where they found Asbestos and until the place was cleaned up my app was held up. So my wife got her citizenship ahead of me.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

g.sarkar wrote:I vaguely remember a guard from a German concentration camp (Auschwitz type of camp) who lost his US citizenship for lying in his application regarding his work during WWII. This happened decades after he obtained his US citizenship. He was then deported back to the country he came from.
Gautam
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Demjanjuk
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Thanks Prem. Now, I remember the name Demjanjuk. As most able bodied Germans were in the front fighting, lower ranks in the Concentration camps were Ukrainian, officers were all German, many were ethnic German though.
Gautam
Saipji,
Things have changed after 9/11. INS was quite different from the current ICE.
Lying under oath is always going to cause problem. Better to say that you can not recollect, do a Reagan on them.
Gautam
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

I think it's time we shut down this thread. People don't seem to get that this thread is different from the "understanding" thread and is meant to discuss issues relevant to India. Mentioning this (this is the 3rd/4th time I recall doing this) is met with some pretext or the other. Let's just keep the "understanding" thread - after all, that's what we seem to keep doing always :((
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Demjanjuk was extradited to Israel (they wanted him for a long time) to stand trial and was tried and was sentenced to death. (in late 80's or or so). which I think was appealed and Israel supreme court found some reasonable "doubt" about his identity "he claimed that he was not the notorious "Ivan the terrible guard" .. he came back to US, his US citizenship was restored only later they found new evidence and but by then he became "stateless person" (as someone said above)... no one was willing to accept him.. so he remained in US ... he remained here till 2008 when Germany said they will try him ... (many thousands counts of murder).. he was deported to Germany.. case was later dropped because he died while the case was going on...

So in many cases (as Trump's Justice department is quite displeased) if one is stateless one is lucky "lucky" (India does not allow dual citizenship and so India need not accept ex-Indian citizen).. US can not deport unless they find some country which is willing to accept the person,,'

Undocumented immigrant from the Soviet Union, Yugoslavia or Dutch Antille etc too ..s? A 2001 Supreme Court ruling says you’re in luck.
Trump’s deportation force is finding quite a few such cases. ..SCOTUS 2001 case said something like US cannot even indefinitely detain immigrants under order of deportation whom no other country will accept–or have no home country..

In case of India, I think GOI has been very clear to US that they will not accept such people unless they are still citizen of India. (Green Card)
Garooda
BRFite

Post by Garooda »

arshyam wrote:I think it's time we shut down this thread. People don't seem to get that this thread is different from the "understanding" thread and is meant to discuss issues relevant to India. Mentioning this (this is the 3rd/4th time I recall doing this) is met with some pretext or the other. Let's just keep the "understanding" thread - after all, that's what we seem to keep doing always :((
Agree. :)
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Suhasini Haidar‏Verified account @suhasinih

"PM Modi must reassure all communities on religious freedom, we have concerns about choice of UP CM" US @RepJayapal tells @the_hindu 1/4
"Indian diaspora has growing concerns over situation in India" :Jayapal, also adds concerns on growing xenophobia in US, intv @the_hindu 2/4
Rep Jayapal part of bipartisan US Congressional delegn led by fmr speaker Pelosi meeting PM Modi today,met FS Jaishankar on Wednesday 3/4
Delegation met with Dalai Lama. "Glad India is withstanding pressure from China & giving him due hospitality" @RepJayapal to @the_hindu 4/4
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

so... where are we with

1. H1B
2. Trade agreements
3. Make in India
4. Single seat fighter
5. nuclear cooperation deal
6. and last but not least... Pakistan

?
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

N-deal as dead as the dodo.Westinghouse bankrupt,saved our bacon actually had we signed on earlier! Toshiba principals all "Tosh",pardon the pun.
N-liability Bill stumbling block.US honchos do not want ANY responsibility whatsoever,just want another Bhopal "pass"!

SE fighter,let's wait for the revised IAF plan, Financial outlay for buying an ancient Hollywood hag as against a svelte Swedish p**n star,and paying about the same price for "tricks",is really a no-brainer.However,in the great cobwebbed space in South Block,that serves as the "brain" of the MOD,kowtowing to the white man is par for the course.The more boorish the brute,the greater grovelling from our side. I hope we do not see another knee-jerk jerk-off and buy the F-16 ,as we did to please M.'ollande on the Rafale .That ultra-expensive acquisition to be will beggar the IAF for a long time to come.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Philip wrote:N-deal as dead as the dodo.Westinghouse bankrupt,saved our bacon actually had we signed on earlier! Toshiba principals all "Tosh",pardon the pun.
N-liability Bill stumbling block.US honchos do not want ANY responsibility whatsoever, just want another Bhopal "pass"!

SE fighter,let's wait for the revised IAF plan, Financial outlay for buying an ancient Hollywood hag as against a svelte Swedish p**n star, and paying about the same price for "tricks", is really a no-brainer.However,in the great cobwebbed space in South Block, that serves as the "brain" of the MOD, kowtowing to the white man is par for the course. The more boorish the brute, the greater grovelling from our side. I hope we do not see another knee-jerk jerk-off and buy the F-16 ,as we did to please M.'ollande on the Rafale .That ultra-expensive acquisition to be will beggar the IAF for a long time to come.
There were moron chatteratti in India that were pushing for India to still pushing for the nuke reactors from Westinghouse.

Eg. W.P.S. Siddhu et al.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Monumental decision! Mr.Modi gets my vote well in advance of the next election for just this one decision.Congratulations PMji,keep up the great work!

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... te]Cabinet approves 10 nuclear reactors for power generation: Piyush Goyal
Goyal, who is Union Power and Coal Minister, said the new PWHRs will generate 7,000 MW power.[/quote]

This monumental decision came a day before a report that India was also holding back on extra N-reactors from Russia as its NSG membership was being repeatedly sabotaged by China.It wanted Russia to influence China on the same.This fabulous decision should be a message to all N-states that we cannot be taken for granted and that our N-sovereignty will never be at the mercy of any firang power. Goodbye "Wasting-house" whoever...!

Meanwhile Trump is getting trumped by his enemies what? Putin is having a great time mocking the US' sorry state of affairs.,cracking jokes at his press conference.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ueller-fbi
Former FBI head Robert Mueller to oversee Trump-Russia investigation
DoJ appoints Mueller, 72, as special counsel to head federal investigation
Analysis: Trump can’t fire his way out of this one

Tom McCarthy, Jon Swaine and Ben Jacobs
Thursday 18 May 2017
The Department of Justice has appointed former FBI director Robert Mueller as special counsel to investigate alleged ties between the 2016 presidential campaign of Donald Trump and Russian operatives. Mueller will also investigate Russian intervention in the election generally.

Mueller, 72, was appointed FBI director by George W Bush and served 12 years, including for the majority of Barack Obama’s presidency. He said in a statement on Wednesday: “I accept this responsibility and will discharge it to the best of my ability.”

Analysis Why Trump can't fire his way out of 'Russia thing' this time
Appointment of Robert Mueller to investigate Kremlin collusion bypasses president and demonstrates seriousness of the allegations against his circle
Read more
Special counsel is a position that exists under a statute that allows the attorney general or a deputy, if the attorney general is recused, to mount an independent investigation. This particular provision has been invoked only once before, in the Bill Clinton administration, when former Senator John Danforth was to investigate the Branch Davidian siege outside Waco, Texas.

The position is different from an independent counsel, the role in which Ken Starr investigated Bill Clinton throughout the 1990s. The law authorizing that position expired in 1999.

Deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein made the decision to appoint Mueller. It was a letter from Rosenstein that the Trump administration initially presented last week as a central factor in the firing of James Comey as FBI director.

In an order announcing Mueller’s appointment, Rosenstein explained he had taken the decision “to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election,” including “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump.”

“My decision is not a finding that crimes have been committed or that any prosecution is warranted,” Rosenstein wrote in a separate letter. “I have made no such determination. What I have determined is that based upon the unique circumstances, the public interest requires me to place this investigation under the authority of a person who exercises a degree of independence from the normal chain of command.”

In a statement released after Mueller’s appointment was announced, Trump said: “As I have stated many times, a thorough investigation will confirm what we already know – there was no collusion between my campaign and any foreign entity. I look forward to this matter concluding quickly. In the meantime, I will never stop fighting for the people and the issues that matter most to the future of our country.”

James Comey speaks alongside Robert Mueller at the White House in 2013. Photograph: Jason Reed/Reuters
Also on Wednesday night, a 2016 exchange among Republican House leadership surfaced in which majority leader Kevin McCarthy suggested that Donald Trump was on Vladimir Putin’s payroll.

According to a transcript of the conversation, which was first reported by the Washington Post, McCarthy said: “There’s … there’s two people, I think, Putin pays: [California Representative Dana] Rohrabacher and Trump … [laughter] … swear to God.” Then speaker Paul Ryan responded: “This is an off the record … [laughter] … NO LEAKS … [laughter] … alright?!”

After the Post’s report was published online, McCarthy tweeted: “This was an attempt at humor gone wrong.”
This was an attempt at humor gone wrong.

Ryan’s office also defended the remarks as a bad joke, saying in a statement that, “No one believed the majority leader was seriously asserting that Donald Trump or any of our members were being paid by the Russians.”

Trump-Russia investigation: special counsel appointed to inquiry – as it happened
Robert Mueller says ‘I accept this responsibility and will discharge it to the best of my ability’ after being appointed by DoJ to head investigation
Read more
Later on Wednesday, a third bombshell report surfaced, alleging that Michael Flynn, Trump’s now disgraced former national security adviser, had told the president’s transition team weeks before being appointed that he was under federal investigation for working, in secret, as a paid lobbyist for Turkey. The report from the New York Times shows that the Trump team was aware Flynn was being investigated much earlier than has been reported.

The White House was not aware of Rosenstein’s decision to appoint Mueller until after the order was signed, according to a justice department official. The news had not appeared to have been shared on Capitol Hill either, with the House intelligence committee saying it had not been informed.

As special counsel, Mueller will command broad powers, including the power to subpoena documents and prosecute any crimes, independent of Congress. Calls on Capitol Hill for a special prosecutor in the investigation have percolated for months, but spiked after the firing of Comey, who was leading an FBI investigation into the matter. The independence of the investigation fell into question after the firing.

“A special counsel is very much needed in this situation,” Republican senator Susan Collins said in a statement, calling Mueller “exactly the right kind of individual for this job.”

“Good move,” senator Tim Kaine, the former vice-presidential candidate, wrote on Twitter. “Now let’s get some answers.” Fellow Democrats Chuck Schumer, the Senate minority leader, and Nancy Pelosi, the House minority leader, echoed the sentiment, with Pelosi calling Mueller “a respected public servant of the highest integrity”.

Who is Robert Mueller, the Trump-Russia investigation's special counsel?
Read more
Trump has vehemently opposed the appointment of a special counsel, calling the investigation a waste of taxpayer money. White House press representatives were criticized for dismissing the need for a special prosecutor – a move seen as potentially encroaching on the justice department’s terrain.

The top officials from both parties on the House oversight and government reform committee, which had scheduled a hearing for next week at which Comey was invited to testify, praised the move.

“Mueller is a great selection,” committee chairman Jason Chaffetz, a Republican, tweeted. “Impeccable credentials. Should be widely accepted.”

Ranking member Elijah Cummings said Rosenstein had “made a solid choice in Mr Mueller, and I commend him for putting our country and justice system first. I urge Mr Mueller to follow the facts wherever they may lead – with integrity and independence.”

Prior to becoming FBI director, Mueller held a number of positions in the justice department under presidents of both parties. These included being appointed to serve as US attorney for the northern district of California under Bill Clinton in 1998, and overseeing the criminal division of the justice department as an assistant attorney general under George HW Bush.

After his time at the FBI, Mueller worked for the Washington-based private law firm of WilmerHale, a position he has resigned.

A spokesperson for former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, whose ties in Ukraine and Russia have come under scrutiny, declined to comment to the Guardian on the Mueller appointment.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Any word on what was the issue there? He apparently came from Quito - a strange way to come to US from India. Businessman? Parent? What happened to documents? Article mentions family in India, but I don't think any family was in the US. I think he was cremated in the US, Consulate ppl went to great lengths to see that it was done right.

I think in such cases a nice strongly worded memo from the GOI would not be out of place. As for "death rate being less than that of the others being tortured", well, this is apparently Death #8 in 2017 in the kind care of the ICE gulag. Another guy (from South/central America) died after 19 days in solitary, also in Georgia. The year is still young..
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

One can't board the plane without having proper visa documents. Or is it not the case for Ecuador? How far fetched would be for authorities to make documents disappear if things went south and make up stories? Why would an old guy try to make it to US illegally? There is a lot higher probability that he was already experiencing illness and which may have led him to forget documents on plane or elsewhere.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Guessing game on US envoy
New Delhi, May 20: A key economic adviser to President Donald Trump has emerged as the latest name swirling in Washington's diplomatic circles as a candidate for the post of America's ambassador to India, vacant for exactly four months now.

Kenneth Juster, the deputy director of the US National Economic Council (NEC) and an adviser to Trump on international economic affairs, is under consideration for the post in New Delhi, political journalism platform Politico reported yesterday.

Two Indians officials, and one American official, have told this newspaper that they too have heard Juster's name in recent days as a candidate for the post of US ambassador here, but cautioned that such rumours were par for the course in Washington.

Juster is known to India. As deputy secretary of commerce under former President George W. Bush, he had in 2003 helped launch the high technology cooperation group between the nations - a mechanism that helped in the exchange of sensitive technology that can be used for civilian and military purposes.

But while India doesn't have a direct say in America's pick, New Delhi has for the past few weeks been gently nudging Washington to speed up its selection.

India is trying to stitch up a visit by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the White House in late June, and the absence of a full-fledged US ambassador here could impair efforts to maximise diplomatic gains from any such meeting with Trump. Modi and Trump are also expected to meet in July in Hamburg, on the margins of the G20 summit.
Neshant
BRF Oldie

Post by Neshant »

Philip wrote:N-deal as dead as the dodo.Westinghouse bankrupt,saved our bacon actually had we signed on earlier! Toshiba principals all "Tosh",pardon the pun.
N-liability Bill stumbling block.US honchos do not want ANY responsibility whatsoever,just want another Bhopal "pass"!
Keep in mind however that Russians, though they have signed agreements, will not accept any n-responsibility either if ever the unthinkable happened.

They will insist it was improper use of equipment or untrained personnel or.... (fill in the blanks) caused the disaster.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

There may not be many Nuclear Deals in future. We may spend money of 1000MW reactors and develop the tech on our own. I do not see we are getting admission of any international Nuke gang treaty. Not after we stood out ground to China in the in the neo silk road ideas. Russia under Putin will not take pains to persuade China or the US will not trough its weight around for us in any treaty gang admission. These gangs are created to continue the western advantage and it will continue. What we need to do is to secure the supply of fuel and proceed with our own reactors.
symontk
BRFite

Post by symontk »

Philip wrote:Monumental decision! Mr.Modi gets my vote well in advance of the next election for just this one decision.Congratulations PMji,keep up the great work!

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... n-4660369/

Cabinet approves 10 nuclear reactors for power generation: Piyush Goyal
Goyal, who is Union Power and Coal Minister, said the new PWHRs will generate 7,000 MW power.
This would be the last of the stage 1 PHWR's that India might ever see. Since the stage 1 can only give 420GWe, meaning 10GWe every year for 42 years. These reactors together with the earlier ones will consume all the known uranium reserves in India

Possibly the decision can be of due to below factors or combination of several ones

1. New Uranium reserves are found whether in India or abroad (assured supply)
2. Second stage start is close, technologies and reactor matured
3. Third stage experimental reactor is in advanced stage, ready for commissioning in near future
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

X-Posting from China thread...

By killing CIA informants, China stifled US spying
The Chinese government systematically dismantled CIA spying operations in the country starting in 2010, killing or imprisoning more than a dozen sources over two years and crippling intelligence gathering there for years afterward.

Current and former US officials described the intelligence breach as one of the worst in decades. It set off a scramble in Washington’s intelligence and law enforcement agencies to contain the fallout, but investigators were bitterly divided over the cause.

Some were convinced that a mole within the CIA had betrayed the United States. Others believed that the Chinese had hacked the covert system the CIA used to communicate with its foreign sources. Years later, that debate remains unresolved.

But there was no disagreement about the damage. From the final weeks of 2010 through the end of 2012, according to former US officials, the Chinese killed at least a dozen of the CIA’s sources.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Why do the Authorities not suspect "foul play" in the death of this student?
Police said the circumstances of Narasipura's death are still under investigation, but no foul play is suspected
Pretty gullible polis, hain?
recovered his body on Friday from Fall Creek, a short distance upstream from Ithaca Falls.