Amarnath Yatris killed in terror attack. Allahoakbar

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Garooda
BRFite

Re: Amarnath Yatris killed in terror attack. Allahoakbar

Post by Garooda »

Rudradev wrote:
Garooda wrote:There will always be a why, who, when, what and what not questions. How many decades do we keep repeating the same cycle of trying to understand such attacks? I agree there is a method to the madness to resolve but...
"But" what? Are you contending that it is somehow better for India NOT to understand the motivation behind a specific terrorist operation, than to understand it? If so, can you explain how that is better?
No, I am not contending that. By all means the WHAT part needs to be understood. Need to give little more leeway to other branches while the IC figure out the 'WHAT' part is what I am contending.
Garooda
BRFite

Post by Garooda »

ramana wrote:Garooda,
if you are so hurt at the process going on here, why not ignore this thread? I don't want your explanation to Rudradev as you had plenty of chances. If you post again I will warn you.

Thanks,
ramana
So I cannot discuss? I thought this is a discussion thread. I have no issues with the process. Carry on by all means.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

You never wrote that and wasted two posts.

All I got from your two posts was why are we trying to find what happened?

What are you discussing?
You were just complaining about the process here.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Approx location of the Attack: 33°44'47.89"N, 75° 7'23.55"E
500 m from the Khanabal Chowk

Batangoo is just north of Anantnag, which the Kashmiris call Islamabad.
Chitti Singh Pora is just south of the same town of Anantnag. ( 33°43'19.98"N, 75° 9'40.15"E)
Anantnag is a major terrorist hub, just north of the Banihal Tunnels.

Burhan Wani was killed close to this area, towards the east, but his base must have been Anantnag too
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

One very glaring problem with the current GOI/HM that I have noticed and is apparent with the current tragedy too is that it allows the libtards to set the narrative and spin stories citing *sources*.

I am disappointed. GOI/HM's office should have held a press con and given out the exact sequence of events and squashed all *narrative* spinning. If you had time to reply to a girl on twitter you should have found time to update the nation. Even if the libtard version is correct, I want it to hear it from HM's office.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

I just got blocked from wikipedia. I only had added that Aurugnzeb forced Kashmiri brahmins to convert to Islam who then led delegation over to Guru Arjan Dev ji which resulted in his execution at Chandani Chowk, Delhi. The user Nein

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Kashmiri

and many other seem to be controlling wikipedia. ISI is full time active on wikipedia in spreading their narrative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Wales (founder from london) might be Mi-5 and ISI .

so let's start spreading that wikipedia supports Terrorism and ISIS!
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Akshay Kapoor wrote:
I am happy to do so if someone tells me how. I have never done it. Guys there are lots of us on this forum. Let's do this small thing and swamp Wikipedia. Time for action.
Sir'ji - first do not publish your email handle easily., you will be swamped by spam email.

I would recommend that you create an account on wikipedia. Link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... %3Dedityou

After that., login with above and start editing. You will not need any special skills., just click on the edit tab and start changing material and submit.

===

We need only very few accounts and they are the 'calm voice' in the edits of the wikipedia.

We do require lot of storm troopers., each hiding behind a IPV6 proxy. Their job is a halla-bol and just change edits made by bakis. Their IPV6 address will be eventually blocked and a new IPV6 proxy address will be needed. But this is to make edits from bakis untenable.
Garooda
BRFite

Post by Garooda »

Rudradev wrote: Q2) Who were the intended audience or audiences of this attack? And what is the message being sent? Is it any different from the same old message (all Kafirs must die) which, since 1990, has never deterred the Indian state from determinedly holding its ground and relentlessly destroying jihadis in Kashmir? Or is there something new here? Some specific unwise move that they desperately want to provoke either the GOI, or the J&K government, or the BJP, or the general Indian public to make at this time?
Possibly their new TSP masters? A dry run before they sponsor/finance something bigger for the porkis? Timings are within a week or two with the border skirmish with chinese soldiers and Amarnath attack. One was a distraction while infiltration and logistical placements and facilitation was carried out on the other end for this attack?
Rudradev wrote: I humbly suggest we focus instead on the following questions:

1) What did the Pakis hope to gain by targeting Amarnath victims (Agupta has suggested that it was meant to provoke communal riots... is there any other possibility?)
a) Communical riot IMO is a knee jerk reaction as it involves Amarnath and Hindus. However this isn't the first time Hindus have been attacked on pilgrimage that too Amarnath. They can try it once but repeated attack to spark communal violence ? Not too sure as Hindus are not the majority in the region where the incident occurred. Communal riots else where in other states might be possible IF the attack carried significant casualties or during a major Hindu festival IMO.

b) Theories are many where it can also put a political monkey wrench (look to congis) in the resurrection of the Ram Mandir where stones are continually unloading to rebuild the temple. This has been simmering on the back burner for now.

c) Initiation of new members and ranks within LET or a test attack for possibly a bigger one ? Just throwing it out there based on the words in the media pointing to Gilgit and Balstistan.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Thanks Garooda, you have raised some interesting possibilities.

I do think it's very reasonable (given prior evidence of collaboration: Samjhauta, Malegaon, 26/11) to consider that the LeT, ISI, and Congress/Mahathugbandhan internal political forces coordinated this attack for some perceived common gain, even if that did not materialise.

You also mention that this may have been an "initiation" or "test attack". That suggests another possibility... it was a partially failed attack that didn't achieve the maximum intended effect. Others on the thread have also speculated that the intention may have been to take hostages and have a protracted drama (like IC814) so that the murders of Hindu hostages could be spread out over a long period of time time while the usual suspects mounted pressure on GOI to make humiliating concessions. Of course Modi is not ABV and that may not have worked even if it succeeded.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

There is some reporting that HM has chemical weapons now. If used, it triggers our nuclear doctrine and massive assured retaliation? ? I know it sounds weird but just stating what the doctrinal theory is. But a good exercise to link ALL these groups HM, Hurriyat etc as arms of the Pakistani state managed by its army. They should be treated as enemy combatants, including those who do not wield weapons. It is time to take our sovereignty a little seriously and act. The last thing we want is chemical weapons being used and the liberals doing their fake Kashmiriyat business and the Indian state not rising to the challenge of a mass attack.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Gagan wrote:Approx location of the Attack: 33°44'47.89"N, 75° 7'23.55"E
500 m from the Khanabal Chowk

Batangoo is just north of Anantnag, which the Kashmiris call Islamabad.
Chitti Singh Pora is just south of the same town of Anantnag. ( 33°43'19.98"N, 75° 9'40.15"E)
Anantnag is a major terrorist hub, just north of the Banihal Tunnels.

Burhan Wani was killed close to this area, towards the east, but his base must have been Anantnag too
Google Map 33°44'47.89"N, 75° 7'23.55"E
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Pls see call for BRF Meet Atlanta in GD Forum. Related.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Why is "crossfire" a possibility? per the bus driver he had to drive several kms with injured passengers to find a security forces place. So if the security forces were right there cross-firing, why was this necessary? Also, if the terrorists were already engaged in a cross-fire, why did they all escape?

"Cross-fire" here was clearly an ambush, with the terrorists on both sides of the road. The journos who try to mix up this situation to misinform, should be censured.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

You also mention that this may have been an "initiation" or "test attack".
from discussions that my evil 6th cousin E6C has heard at CDC, the Surat plague attack (1990s) is assumed in knowledgeable circles to have been a biological weapon attack. No retaliation from India. The worst that was done was to refuse landing rights in India for Arab airlines that cancelled services during those days.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Thanks Garooda, you have raised some interesting possibilities.
IMO, attacking the Amarnath pilgrimage is as ancient as shooting travelers on the Khyber Pass. Ingrained pakiness.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

UlanBatori wrote:
You also mention that this may have been an "initiation" or "test attack".
from discussions that my evil 6th cousin E6C has heard at CDC, the Surat plague attack (1990s) is assumed in knowledgeable circles to have been a biological weapon attack. No retaliation from India. The worst that was done was to refuse landing rights in India for Arab airlines that cancelled services during those days.
this aam abdul remembered his school days when there was panic even in delhi due to this and we were lucky to get a day off from school. Never thought of it as bio attack. Here is what i came across when I looked
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Interesting language: says all that needs to be said.
India's defence and intelligence outfits were alert to the outbreak of pneumonic plague—well known in biological warfare—in Surat and bubonic plague in Beed in 1994, which caused several deaths and sizeable economic loss.
In the absence of more data and samples, he refused to attribute the 1994 plague conclusively to external biowarfare.
Pity that UBCN was not established then or we would have been 400% unanimous in proclaiming that it was an attack. But I cannot be sure that it was the Pakis. India a fine testing ground for anyone who wants to test bio-warfare because of density of population and ease of exposure since ppl are exposed to the elements while traveling and even when inside their homes.

The leading sentences in the article are most chilling:
Experts in bioterrorism last week recommended that India expand its disease surveillance network and its ability to monitor bioterrorism. They want to ensure that bioterrorist attacks are not passed over as natural disease outbreaks or outbreaks of unknown origin, or classified as an emerging infectious disease.
That's what I was saying: they are 99.9999% sure Surat was an attack. Probably others too - E6C wondered about that as they were talking, but wasn't aware of the other incidents so didn't register those.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

It is very possible that this was an attempt to do another Godhra type incident, cause a riot, and try to do a Gujarat 2.
Godhra was pre-planned to the extent that media, opposition politicians, members of a party in the center were waiting in the wings to pour oil on fire and twist the story around, inflame the situation - all this at the behest of a certain political party I will refer to as the 'Danga Party'
Now due to the known association of the 'Danga Party' with the Pakistani ISI and their unduly lenient view on pakistan sponsored terrorism, and fairly obvious alliances between the danga party and the ISI, it is very possible that
a) the Danga Party was in cahoots with the terrorist organisations from Pakistan and all of this was pre-planned
b) a certain out of power local political party which has known chummy relations with the 'Danga Party' going back several decades, may or maynot have been in on the situation, given as it would surely have had a role to play in the ensuing mayhem
c) certain known associated wings of the media wing were certainly prepared with i) the crossfire theory, ii) making the role of salim's bravery more prominant than several other equally phenomenol individual acts of bravery that evening

Now all this is a mere conjecture at this point, please take it for what it is worth
The security forces will eliminate the attackers, the intel is fairly strong and goes back all the way back into Pakistan. There is little that these terrorist groups do that is unknown and eventually India will find out very detailed info about the planners, the entire chain of perpretators and the motives involved.

The question is this. What price and therefore deterrance be imposed on a) the terrorist groups & the ISI, b) the involved politicians and danga party itself, and c) their buddies in the media.
Serious measures have to be taken in the meantime
Last edited by Gagan on 13 Jul 2017 08:48, edited 1 time in total.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

There seems to be an army camp about 500 m from the attack site with a heli base
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

May I point out one flaw in the linking of Amarnath with Doklam?

The Pakis have been infiltrating terrorists continuously. In the last 2 months alone the army has eliminated 90 plus pious Islamic Paki murderers. One or more attacks are bound to get through under the circumstances. The fact that it happened to coincide in time with a Doklam standoff could be coincidence - an idea that must not be ruled out. In terms of percentage of likelihood my assessment would be 50% coincidence, 50% planned coordination between jihadis and Chinese. The latter however requires a lot of assumptions. The Chinese have been coming and going from Doklam for months. They were caught with their pants down.

I think ramana had posted a very good analysis of how "accidents" (or mishaps?) occur. There is always a series of events
1. Continuous infiltration by Pakis and continuous killing of Pakis by army
2. Pakis can't get military targets
3. They want a soft target
4. It is the month of shravan/sawan - when Amarnath pilgrims fill up the area
5. One bus ends up doing slightly off beat stuff . Maybe many buses do that. This one gets caught
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Re: Amarnath Yatris killed in terror attack

Post by KLNMurthy »

Shanmukh wrote:Amnesty warns Indian govt not to indulge in reprisal attacks.

http://www.republicworld.com/s/2841/ind ... esty-warns

Reading between the lines, they seem to be warning India not to hit any terrorist camps in PoK or hunt down any terrorists/backers for this attack.
Amnesty==aakar patel
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

A_Gupta wrote:
Rudradev wrote: Some specific unwise move that they desperately want to provoke either the GOI, or the J&K government, or the BJP, or the general Indian public to make at this time?
IMO, their goal is to provoke the general Indian public into communal rioting.
It is possible that we arr over-analyzing this thing.

It is the anniversary of burhan wani's death. They are enraged because they lost their golden boy and wanted to mark the occasion with a revenge attack. Going after kafir on an idolatrous trip has to be a sweet revenge that does the momin heart good.

If there is a strategy here, it may be to show themselves and others that their anger is a terrible and formidable thing. Their enemy, as usual gets caught up in paralysis by analysis.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

It is the anniversary of burhan wani's death. They are enraged because they lost their golden boy and wanted to mark the occasion with a revenge attack. Going after kafir on an idolatrous trip has to be a sweet revenge that does the momin heart good.

If there is a strategy here, it may be to show themselves and others that their anger is a terrible and formidable thing. Their enemy, as usual gets caught up in paralysis by analysis.
Agree on this.

Causing rioting/communal tensions etc with false flag attacks isnt really such a tough task in India with a determined opposition( and a every ready DDM waiting to stoke the flames) and so, dont really see the need to do that in J&K which anyways has less resonance among aam-aadmi in India compared to anywhere in the mainland
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

SBajwa wrote:I just got blocked from wikipedia. I only had added that Aurugnzeb forced Kashmiri brahmins to convert to Islam who then led delegation over to Guru Arjan Dev ji which resulted in his execution at Chandani Chowk, Delhi. The user Nein

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Kashmiri!
Not Guru Arjan Dev but Guru Teg Bahadur Ji.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

I am being cynical but, a lot of people seek to benefit from indians being killed by terrorists.
There are many politicians who will use any oppertunity to try and make political capital of any such situation - and seldom do they wait until the funeral pyres have burnt out
And there are individuals within these political parties who will go to the extent of 'creating' such situations. Nothing is beyond them, even waging war against the nation, as long as it brings them some political gain

The Amarnath Yatris brave these odds every year after year and make their pilgrimage
The only reason some Kashmiris protested is because the annual Amarnath yatra brings some tourists into the valley and brings some business to those dependant on it. The vast majority in the valley are indifferent, some, as reported in he media, were making merry at the screams of the kafirs
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

When was the last time civilians were targeted in the valley?
The local kashmiris have an unwritten understanding with the pakistanis that tourism will not be targeted directly, because kashmiri livelihoods depend on it

The terrorists were attacking the Armed Forces

So something has changed now.

See, this was a target of oppertunity. A bus stranded or lagging behind is a target. But someone in the valley had to have signed off on this before those terrorists started shooting on a busload of pilgrims. The repurcussions could easily have been assumed to be severe!
Idiot Jihadis IMHO, inbred as they are, won't dare do this. I don't know if the local kashmiris are that bad, but the Pakistani terrorists will fire at any non-muslim they see. They have this strange mix of fear and hate for all kafirs as a result of the indoctrination. But even they won't start firing on a busload of passengers, unless this was pre-planned or cleared by someone at the last minute

If kashmir has to be salvaged out of the hands of islamism, the next generation of Kashmiris had better grow up living in a multi-religious society instead of the predominantly single religion society this generation has seen. This current situation of not tolerating the other or not exposed to co-existing with everyone can only breed Pakistaniyat
Last edited by Gagan on 13 Jul 2017 09:35, edited 2 times in total.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Dear All: those who want to edit Wikipedia, by all means go ahead & do it. Godspeed to you. But be forewarned about a few things:

1) Get into it only if you are willing to stick with it for the long haul. Your edits will be deleted/reversed, you will have to argue and make your case with sock-puppet accounts of ISI/Cheenis/Evangelists, you may be banned etc etc. There have been well-meaning attempts by Indians in the past that have fizzled out because they didn't have the stamina to stick with it. Nor the co-ordination required.

2) Please make sure you understand how the editing/approval & hierarchy mechanism of Wikipedia works. If you don't do the homework, a Paki will remove your post on a technicality that you didn't pay attention to

3) Wikipedia is devious. Its devious because its politically controlled while giving the pretense of openness & neutrality. All players are in it to slant articles their way and Govts like the Chinese have employed people full time for this (while in parallel blocking Wikipedia in their own country!). As usual, the Indian Govt has neither the desire nor the understanding nor the mojo to do this.

4) Rajiv Malhotra is planning a video series on Wikipedia's deviousness. If you want to contribute, email him

5) The only trustworthy articles in Wikipedia are the ones where there is no scope for political slanting & the data is purely factual. Like "What is the atomic number of Sodium?". If we want the history of 1857 War of Independence, Wikipedia is not the place to go (at least for Hindus/Indians)
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

JK Police and the Armed Forces need to set up 'safe zones' within the valley and mark them out in the maps or gps for all yatris, where they can be safe should something like this happen. This was an unfortunate situation where they had a flat tyre.
They should have a helpline to call in such a situation where they know they will miss the ROP.
DrRatnadip
BRFite

Post by DrRatnadip »

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/kashmir ... 570076.cms

Kashmir: Forces taste success, outfits frustrated

NEW DELHI: There was no specific intelligence about Monday's attack on Amarnath pilgrims in Anantnag but primary analysis by agencies suggests that it could be the result of frustration among terrorists who are on the run due to the aggressive line of security forces.
According to official figures, Army, CRPF and Jammu & Kashmir Police are literally hunting down terrorists in the Valley with over 100 killed till Tuesday this year as compared to 150 in the whole of 2016. Officials said out of the 100 terrorists killed in major joint operations this year, 33 belonged to Lashkar-e-Taiba and 23 to Hizbul-Mujahideen
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Shiv, Early on I thought bus was target of opportunity. After reading bus was trailed for sometime and got delayed start I think it was targeted deliberately. A small squad attacked the police at two places to keep them in barracks and attacked the bus very quickly. The presence of mind of two passengers who closed the bus door and the two late Harsh Desai and the Driver saved many lives.
Also Vicky Nanjappa writes Army given free hand.

So most likely November. Kel katam.

Hope before
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I am posting this here. it explains the circumstances and swirl of violence, opportunism and state failure that led to the fall of Mosul in 2014 because I am thinking this is probably the end goal that kashmiri jihadis have a wet dream of .... its time to take a serious look

- corrupt state govt - check
- large scale jihadi sympathizers and sleeper cells - check
- sections of the police either scared of or silent sympathizers with the jihadis - probably a check
- availability of 1000s of jihadis in POK to rush across to seize an opening - check
- jails full of jihadis to free up and mobilize - check
- radical politicians who are biding their time to change sides - check
- propaganda machinery and romantic reputation of jihadis - check

the only difference is the indian army is still there on the rampart unlike the iraqis who fell apart in 3 days.

storming into and capturing Srinagar or Anantnag even if for a day, massacring 100s of kuffar and beheading them in the town square, violating 100s of kuffar women ... its the stuff of their wettest dreams... if they see a 50-50% chance they will swarm into a shoal and take it.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

ramana wrote:Shiv, Early on I thought bus was target of opportunity. After reading bus was trailed for sometime and got delayed start I think it was targeted deliberately. A small squad attacked the police at two places to keep them in barracks and attacked the bus very quickly. The presence of mind of two passengers who closed the bus door and the two late Harsh Desai and the Driver saved many lives.
Also Vicky Nanjappa writes Army given free hand.

So most likely November. Kel katam.

Hope before
You mean no more terrorism after Nov?
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Terrorism might drop to very low levels
Other events might unfold. Crucial that steps be taken now. This has to build up to something good
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Zee News
DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist who insitgated mob killed in encounter
Zee News 1h ago
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

This rapid elimination of haramkhor terrorists must have a very sobering effect on the mango kashmiri youth.
Their fear of coming out in the limelight just hit sky high.
These guys who picked up arms may get their 20 mins of fame, but will end up 6 feet under with clockwork certainty

Excellent work by the forces!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

could paintball guns with indelible voting ink be used to mark the stone throwers and later police squads shake the village down to locate the haramis and swat them a few with lathis?
the more powerful stripe of this gun has a range of upto 100m flat, even the smallish ones used in arenas here can manage 50m flat trajectory and leave a painful welt even through a trouser.

sometimes our CQB units use it in hostage rescue training to mark hits on cutout targets as they move through a range
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

They Can Run But Can't Hide: Ajit Doval (Republic news)
"They can run but they can't hide", NSA Ajit Doval told Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Home Minister Rajnath Singh, while briefing about the actions taken following the terror attack on Amarnath Yatris.
The NSA has provided a list of of terrorists who have been killed in the last few weeks. The number of terrorists killed is over 50 during the period.

Three Hizbul units have been identified as ‘overground workers’ and their geo-positions have been locked. Two handlers who provided ammo to the terrorists have also been identified.

The government is also in possession of a route map, that traces the path taken by the terrorists.

Thermal sensors-loaded drones which send high-resolution images are being used in the proactive operation to track the terrorists. The National Technical Research Organisation’s tech assistance is also being taken.

Tracking, tagging, locating, killing

Mini-radars are also being used in the jungles to pick up possible information on the terrorists. The operation is being held in a 50 km radius and more than 400 officers are involved in the hunt for the terrorists. It’s a joint operation involving the Army, Special Operations Group, CRPF and the BSF.

On Pakistani terrorist Ismail

According to intel inputs, Ismail has recruited more than 40 terrorists in south kashmir and 30 in North. He belongs to Mirpur in Pakistan and has a Rs. 10 lakh reward on his head.

Army chief Gen. Bipin Rawat on Wednesday met NSA Ajit Doval gave a detailed report on the situation surrounding Amarnath Yatra. All tourists have to be treated as yatris and security measures need to be stepped up accordingly, it was decided in the meeting. Also, no tourist vehicles would be allowed at night and after a certain timings.
So nice to see the pros do the talking rather than out-of-their-depth mantrishris, since it is anyway the pros who do the walking of the talking. Only.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Guys, please exercise self-control with the posts against ministers, etc... The way in which current government deals with these issues is in a league incomparable with what the previous one did. There is dramatic change. The number of Muslim & Maoist terrorists killed is just one aspect of it. At this time, there has to be a sense of togetherness as well which ministers have to articulate. It is absolutely necessary from a big picture point of view. Twitter is full of abuse of Rajnath Singh. Completely unwarranted, as he only replied to a tweet directed at him and in which reply he explained his motivation clearly. He is the Minister of Home Affairs, he has responsibility for all the country, all its people. No one would like such abuse in such circumstances. If BR people are indulging in this on Twitter I humbly appeal that you desist.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

JE Menon wrote:Guys, please exercise self-control with the posts against ministers, etc... The way in which current government deals with these issues is in a league incomparable with what the previous one did. There is dramatic change. The number of Muslim & Maoist terrorists killed is just one aspect of it. At this time, there has to be a sense of togetherness as well which ministers have to articulate. It is absolutely necessary from a big picture point of view. Twitter is full of abuse of Rajnath Singh. Completely unwarranted, as he only replied to a tweet directed at him and in which reply he explained his motivation clearly. He is the Minister of Home Affairs, he has responsibility for all the country, all its people. No one would like such abuse in such circumstances. If BR people are indulging in this on Twitter I humbly appeal that you desist.
JEM sir, some people on twitter took on the establishment and fought for BJP and NM. Those very people are now frustrated at what was said by few ministers. Almost all of us here were desperate for NM's victory in 2014 and do support him now. But we have been at the receiving end for far too long that even slightest of deviations towards sickularness by BJP ministers is enough to raise alarms. Let's just say we are trying to make sure that government is listening to us and not forgetting why they are there. The personal reply from RNS is also unwarranted.

Do you recall a case wherein a silly rule was brought up in MH that you need to take permission from neighbors or minorities to erect status even inside you house? It was after outrage in twitter and SM that MH govt saw that it was put in by a babu (not sure if it was a mistake or deliberate).
So it's perfectly fine if people criticize the government to make it listen to us.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

Singha wrote:could paintball guns with indelible voting ink be used to mark the stone throwers and later police squads shake the village down to locate the haramis and swat them a few with lathis?
the more powerful stripe of this gun has a range of upto 100m flat, even the smallish ones used in arenas here can manage 50m flat trajectory and leave a painful welt even through a trouser.

sometimes our CQB units use it in hostage rescue training to mark hits on cutout targets as they move through a range
As a next step, the lesser hardcore jihadis should be chemically castrated and made sterile, the more hardcore ones should be injected with AIDS or tetanus and left to rot.

No point in keeping them well fed with biriyanis and kashmiri chai in the jails.