BR Forum Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Post by Suraj »

Fiiine, done :)
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I sent this email to gentlemen_cadet@gmail.com 2 weeks ago and there has been no response
krishna_j - with email id ***@hotmail.com is a good friend of
mine. He lost his BR handle krishna_j with the crash.

Could you please reinstate him or re create the handle?

He is one of the most well read military aviation enthusiasts I know
and is well known to Jagan also
ranjan.rao
BRFite

Post by ranjan.rao »

Suraj wrote:Fiiine, done :)
Adminullah's can my id be changed to something else? like babaranga
ranjan.rao
BRFite

Post by ranjan.rao »

BRAdmans: Is there any efficient way to download the content of an entire forum spanning across start to end in a single file. I want to go through the journey of LCA d(h)aga over the years.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Admin Khans,
How about adding a feature where posts can be "liked"? If there is a good post, many people will "like" it. The top Post of the Day can be displayed in a list.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Admin Chacha, Mere handle ko shorten kardo pleese. Just "Vikas" would do fine.
A RAW ajint with red dhaga on his wrist has to keep his identity hidden under all circumstance you see.
Last edited by SSridhar on 09 Apr 2017 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Done
joji
BRFite -Trainee

Post by joji »

Please delete my account.
ranjan.rao
BRFite

Post by ranjan.rao »

Admins a frnd named parvesh requested to join the beeaareff. can you please approve his request
ranjan.rao
BRFite

Post by ranjan.rao »

admins are MIA
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

He's been activated.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Some Forum members are uncaring and others are sensitive.

Members are posting whatever comes to mind without caring if it hurts other members or communities.
The sensitive ones are taking it personally and report it.

All adds to meager Admin bandwidth.
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

Is there a thread for Islamic Militancy in India?

An Islamic Mob attacked Trombay Police Station near BARC burning police vehicles and mainstream media chooses to ignore it.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 723130.cms

http://www.freepressjournal.in/mumbai/m ... ed/1037408
ranjan.rao
BRFite

Post by ranjan.rao »

ramana wrote:Some Forum members are uncaring and others are sensitive.

Members are posting whatever comes to mind without caring if it hurts other members or communities.
The sensitive ones are taking it personally and report it.

All adds to meager Admin bandwidth.
apologies, ramana sir the, please take that as a light banter. Obviously i would prefer the mod's time on serious posts with deep analysis rather than these admin duties.
As a serious suggestion, BRF mods may want to consider some secys who can do these odd jobs. This nanha mujahid would be glad to offer his services free of cost to this job if that frees up admin's time.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Mods, do we need this as a separate thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7323

Seems to be intended as an exclusive corner for passing gas by the OP and flame baiting by fellow travellers onlee. Pliss to do the needful. TIA.
chola
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding US thread-III

Post by chola »

Can I make a plea for TSJones to the moderators? I understand why he is banned but must it be permanent? He's a veteran of our forum and for years had provided insight on American relations with India and Indians from the standpoint of a non-Indian. And we all know that the comments made here in this thread about America/Americans are not always very nice. Perhaps all those years with us is worth some consideration?
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

^ I would, respectfully, like to request the same.

Primarily for this -
provided insight on American relations with India and Indians from the standpoint of a non-Indian.
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

Is this your Stockholm syndrome? Though abusive, he opened the window and let me see? - sure we all saw his bias. And it will be a mistake to treat it as insight just because he was (ahem) non-indian.

Other may come. Others, will come. Such is nature of forums.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

We used to have pretty strong disagreements on nearly everything except an assumed pro-India accuracy of perspective. IDs have evolved, so have the ppl behind those, so not naming any names. It's an interesting problem, how to deal with someone who just disses that "accuracy of perspective" (i won't say "bias") and claims vast experience and knowledge. Such a postor must have a rhino-thick skin (others are just bores) because at least I am going to poke with all sorts of irritants except personal attack. OTOH, in the days when we had Pakis coming in thick and fast to try to enrage us, we used to have an equal number of newbies who would succumb to that out of some silly notions of Patriotism etc. OTOH it was a lot of fun to study the Pakis' psyche and test out new weapons against their many blind spots and ultra-sensitivities without actually calling any unacceptable names. The trouble with this showed up when the Tarrel and Deepel fliends of the pakis showed up. One can either ban them to keep the forum semi-civilized but perhaps dull and uniformly group-thinking, or allow them to suffer damage in reasoned debate but tolerate a lot of useless banter. The latter may be impractical given limited admin bandwidth.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

GShankar wrote:Is this your Stockholm syndrome? Though abusive, he opened the window and let me see? - sure we all saw his bias. And it will be a mistake to treat it as insight just because he was (ahem) non-indian.
No. The other way round, actually... but never mind.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Chola and Manish_P,
What kind of forum is this where not even 24 hours have elapsed and people want banned ex-members reinstated immediately!!!

Do you think a permanent ban is done lightly without due consideration?

And what insights were you getting from TSJ sneering Simon Legree like remarks ?

Please enumerate them here.

Do you approve of his berating the Asian doctor brutalized in the United Airlines Flight?

Let me remind you that is not average American opinion as seen by the outpouring on SM and regular media and the stock market.

ramana
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

^^^ Ramana-ji, first my apology for not moving post to the feedback thread.

On topic at hand, I understand and do not dispute your reasoning and right to ban the mentioned Mr. TSJones.

I only wish to plead that some consideration be given to someone who had long been a member of our forum and who is a rare (if not the only) representative of non-desi Americans. Considerations not be used to immediately rescind the ban but perhaps to make it not permanent?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

He has long history of being abusive of forum privileges. And many have been at the receiving end.
its not one action.
Please read how he has a history of blaming Indians, Asians, immigrants.

Do a search on his name and go through old posts.

He didn't get banned earlier as no one wanted to do that.

When he blamed the Asian doctor who got a concussion, two front teeth knocked out, he is really blaming all of us on this forum and reminding us to know our place. Is that the insight we need from him?

Do read the op-eds and SM comments to get true insight.

Anyway I have said my piece.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Ramana-ji, I appreciate your reply and understand your stance.

Yes, the evidence from a search on his history is not pretty but neither is mine or many of the other long-time members.

I wish to add just one more thing for consideration. As he is pretty much alone here, he might be responding defensively to what he might feel are accusations against American entities. After all, we have all kinds of rather mocking terms for America and Americans (khan, unkil, etc.) and there are constant suspicions cast upon them. And in the US thread the harsh words might cut a little more deeply. As a Desi-American, I too can get angry sometimes reading the thread and the tone in it and many times I avoid the US thread altogether.

Anyways, that is not an excuse but just something presented for consideration. It will be my last word on this as well, Sir.

Thank you.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Yes it's a vaild point that the forum needs an American perspective. It doesn't mean it needs TSJ's perspective. Other Americans are equally capable.

The fact is TSJ is on his second permaban. He was permabanned once, but then given amnesty after a long hiatus (years ?). His ban may or may not be reconsidered, but now's not the time to ask for it.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

he would never change, he viscerally disliked heathen brownies whom he considered inferior to him .. that whole deal... how many years has it been since has been expressing non stop contempt and snide remarks on indians.

you are right he doesn't represent the whole of US.. his in your face bigotry was something unique to him, and he has been booted out of several fora IIRC for over the top obnoxiousness... its just the famed indian tolerance that kept him around so long.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

These fora serve a valuable purpose in educating the heathens back in India-I certainly post mostly for their benefit. TSJones was educative as he is an authentic representative of advanced societies who are cognisant of their privilege.

Where else is the heathen to learn of such matters? Hollywood?

The west is filled with people of his ilk, one needs to learn from them and learn to handle them, practicing arguments and marshalling facts.

At any rate I have read a lot worse vitriol from desh bhakts, in much cruder language. I don't believe banning him is necessary. He is advocating for his country and seems to be authentic (as opposed to the Chinese robots who advocate for theirs and are obviously putting in a job).
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

A suggestion :
Just like certain "words" automatically get changed to *deleted*

I suggest in case of somebody typing "India" gets changed to "Bharat" and "Indian" = "Bharatiya"
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

i am sure indian fora can get some rabid terrorists to advocate for their countries and their beliefs. lets not even draw any line then anything goes etc.

if that is not the case.

then we have better things to do than engage with these types. if others feel different, surely there are advanced fora where folks can go and convince them.

the heathens back in india may be bereft of the wisdom of the convincers, but its a trade off. at least resident threads are free of pointless bigotry and the snappy come backs because desh bhakts lose their cool when dealing with such folks.
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

Long, long time ago there was Tim Hoyt who taught/teaches at the Naval War College.

https://www.usnwc.edu/Academics/Faculty ... -Hoyt.aspx

But John Snow/Spinman/ Googlyman found position papers by Hoyt that advocated sanctions against India, post POK-2. I surmise that Hoyt even participated in some BR get togethers in the early days of the forum. I have no issues with individuals who are in favor of policies that are inimical to India, as long they are respectful and do not indulge in ad-hominem attacks that call Indians "temple mice" and betray a permanent connection of their mouth to the sewer. I am appalled at members who name drop, and even think that they can "learn" something from someone who is "connected" to the establishment in the US, I frankly doubt anything like this, for the most part these are gasbags and windbags who find the anonymity of the forum as a convenient way to pass comments and get things off their chest which they cannot do in the full glare of public inspection.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

If I had to make a choice between Oily Hoity and the entity under discussion, I would choose the latter any day. At least he is honest.
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

Dear admins,
Bliss to delete/de activate my account.

Thank you.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

How do I change my username from sbajwa to JaggaJat ?
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

nirav wrote:Dear admins,
Bliss to delete/de activate my account.

Thank you.
Bump
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

You can just log out and never come back . Account deletions will not be prioritized since they tax the forum database . While you'd like your posts to disappear , that's not urgent and in any case everything quoted remains .
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

Suraj wrote:You can just log out and never come back . Account deletions will not be prioritized since they tax the forum database . While you'd like your posts to disappear , that's not urgent and in any case everything quoted remains .
okay.
can i atleast request a perma ban ?
if i log out, i can always log back in at a later date. Just like right now.
I dont care if my posts stay or not.

I simply seek an ability to never be able to post on BR with my ID again.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

What happened, I go to sleep one night and wake up the next morning with one thread locked and a lot of members requesting to have accounts deleted.

This is an Internet forum why take it so seriously that we cannot disagree with one another without being disagreeable to each other.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

SBajwa wrote:How do I change my username from sbajwa to JaggaJat ?
You can't. An Admin can. But seriously bhai, JaggaJat?
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Moderators - I reiterate my request to kindly deactivate my accounts. Thanks.
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

Suraj wrote:You can just log out and never come back . Account deletions will not be prioritized since they tax the forum database . While you'd like your posts to disappear , that's not urgent and in any case everything quoted remains .
Suraj San,
This nanha mujahid is genuinely perplexed.

I know quite a few folks who would do a reverse Gulati when Joo Perma ban me. :rotfl:
Bliss to oblige me and them too.

Forum software is Ajeeb. Updated my id from BRFite to oldie !

If you need me to go on an abusive spree to ban me, do tell. I will happily oblige.

I understand that an account deletion request might tax forum DB.
I doubt if a Perma ban would.

Regards,
Nirav.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Can my forum handle pls be changed from the current to just VJ ?

Thanks - Vishal