Levant crisis - III

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Santosh
BRFite

Re: Levant crisis - III

Post by Santosh »

Good work Singhaji. I am sure lot of people visit and appreciate the diligent efforts you put tracking the war against jihadis.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Singha wrote:it is claimed china plans some industrial parks in syria to create 40k jobs.
the syrians are desperate for economic rebuild and will take whatever comes up. they have no rich friends.
Iraq will fare better on this due to its oil wealth plus western backers especially for its kurdish factions.

Syria will definitely have isssues. God knows how they will manage. Maybe Iran might chip in. I doubt Russians would do enough since they are themselves not in optimum economic health. And I dont think syrians have that much oil or mineral wealth to begin with. Maybe alawite areas would face better. Aid from countries like India or China would be critical for Syria.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

On the other hand some days back I was watching Sudhir Choudhary's report on Syrian civil war on Zee news. Great effort on his part. During the course of the report I was pleasantly surprised to note the quality of roads in an active warzone. I mean such roads would would do Delhi or Bangalore proud. Amazing workmanship. How they manage and sustain it all during civil war is a mystery?

One point Sudhir repeatedly made during his show is that Syrian people were extremely proud of their nation. I think that makes the difference wrt quality.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

new syrian hezbollah i had mentioned above - going to sweida to occupy newly freed lands
https://twitter.com/maytham956/status/8 ... 6167476224

as always, islamic societies have a unmatched ability to spawn new kabilas and train up newbies for war

another aspect is in a war economy, military services gives a regular pay, food and maybe some benefits for the family also.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Singha wrote:a white helmet trick exposed
https://twitter.com/Souria4Syrians/stat ... 2351832064
WoW looked so real
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

new Mi17ShVn deir azzor limited edition model!

kevlar armour and CM suite
6 outboard fuel tanks
sand filters
composite rotor

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

daish commander salah muhamad saeed dug of his hole in old city mosul
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

tigers are 60km away from the north and below is from Arak Al hayal field side

The'Nimr'Tiger @Souria4Syrians 2h2 hours ago
Syrian Army 13km away from ISIS stronghold As Sukhnah in Homs desert
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

pretty depressing read on the plight of women even isis wives
https://www.rt.com/news/396399-isis-wiv ... y-stories/
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

7 killed in terror attacks in egypt
https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archiv ... pt/533724/

this includes 2 german tourist women at a hotel beach. a jihadi with a knife swam from a public beach to attack them
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Singha wrote:new Mi17ShVn deir azzor limited edition model!
Ha! They gave away our secret! Look at the word "ULAN" prominently above the door. :shock: :mrgreen:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Singhaji, Usual Quarters are :(( about "torture" and "executions" by Iraqi Special Forces in Mosul. Some very heart-warming videos of boots being used in gentle passing caresses on some, plus another suspended from the ceiling and getting his (facial) cheeks caressed around a bit. I assume there were more heart-warming scenes there that I did not explore. The commander was interviewed:
Yes, we made some mistakes. But we made those mistakes with the ISIS and other enemy forces, so we are very proud of our mistakes.
In one scene troops broke into a room in a house where an (ISIS, who else) beard was peacefully lying in bed with wom(e/a)n, presumably his wife/wives etc. The troops gently extricated him from said surroundings (he was fully dressed), got him into a separate room, pulled the curtains and caressed his cheeks several times before the video ended. Presumably asking him for some kind words, but he was silent.

The report also spoke of "civilians" :roll: being taught to fly by launching from high bldgs. Hopefully they were ISIS mullahs used to doing worse to ppl. Maybe they were conserving bullets.

Other reports of "summary executions" by bullet.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I think they have yet to discover the exciting game of tying an ISIS beard to an ATGM or to one of those cooking-gsa cylinder rockets and launching him. Surely the missile can take the weight if launched say at 45 degrees?
**OF COURSE I do not condone torture, and condom it in the strongest terms*** Look at the face of the Yezidi girl rescued after all these years, and tell me you want to ensure the Hyooman Rites of the captured ISIS Warriors. At minimum shouldn't their mijjiles be liberated from them?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Isis threw numerous gay ppl to death from tall buildings as per quranic norms

Let them be fully punished now who raped and sold even10 yr old girls
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

UlanBatori wrote:. At minimum shouldn't their mijjiles be liberated from them?
I vote for liberation of their necks via a rusty and blunt hacksaw. A lot of hard work , but it will be the most hyooomane thing they deserve.
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

Slow starvation by stringing them up on a lamp post in desert sun, seems to be in compliance with Human Rights Conventions.
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

Singha wrote:7 killed in terror attacks in egypt
https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archiv ... pt/533724/

this includes 2 german tourist women at a hotel beach. a jihadi with a knife swam from a public beach to attack them
As ISIS is Israel+ Saudi Arabia with blessing of USA, why are they killing Egyptians ie their Munnas?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

ISIS = Israel+Saudis in Iraq+Syria? :rotfl:
It's more like ISUSTFGUQIS. Or, ISHiCISELP
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Egypt govt and isis are at war in sinai desert
Beach resorts full of targets are in sharm al sheikh in sinai and across red sea in mainland egypt popular with euros and diving crowd
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Mosul Eye عين الموصل‏ @MosulEye Jul 13
Replying to @MosulEye
2 of them died 2 others injured in this prison in the first Iraqi Airstrike 25/7/2014.

I do not remember who asked me about this, so please retweet it, probably he will see it.

He said that one of them named Amjad, he can recognize them if he sees their pictures.

Someone asked me about the 39 kidnapped Indian workers in Mosul, if you see this tweet, I have got someone who was with them 4 of them
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Russian Air Force precise targeting on ISIL objects

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Low est of isis dead in mosul 7000 incl 700 foreign
High est is 25000
A few 100 to low 1000s either escaped to syria or tal afar
The ones in tal afar pocket perhaps another 5000 will die soon

The foreign emirs in tal afar have killed the iraqi emirs and taken over

Another 2000 will die in raqqa

Over rest of syria cannot be more than 7000 dispersed all over
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

So overall let is say 15000 done another 15000 to go
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Iraqi imam ali brigade of pmu sending a fresh batch to fight on the border

https://twitter.com/ivansidorenko1/stat ... 4655371264
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

It seems the golden div isof and ct police were against the decision to kill the defeated isis in old city but the 9 and 16 divs willing and did it

Sounds like a dharmaraja ashwathama the elephant is dead kind of tale
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Just a quick warning to all: (after I decided not to post something stupid) :oops:

If my relative or friend was one of those missing, I would be desperately scanning the web and twitter for any indication - and this thread would be one of my top hopeful locations. Pls be sensitive to that in posting any grand thoughts/ bright ideas ... :eek: :shock:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Understood deleted my posts
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Dispute between two christian pmu units nineveh protection force and babylon brigade

Taking advantage of it the isis probably hit badush
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Life amidst sex maniac ISIS fighters-ISIS brides flee caliphate as noose tightens on terror group
The French woman recalls arriving in Raqqa and swiftly being placed in a women's dormitory, a "madafa" she calls it, where new female arrivals waited to be selected by ISIS fighters. She says she was shocked by the dormitory's rules and its relentless rounds of speed dating -- a jihadi form of Tinder.
"When the woman arrives in this madafa, she makes a sort of CV," Saida says. "She puts down her age, her name, what her personality is like, and what she looks for in a man. And men also post their CVs. It's 'dating.'"

"So you meet, you talk for 15-20 minutes, and then it's a yes or no. If they both agree then they get married. It's very quick," she adds.
"They say they want to jihad for the sake of Allah, but what they want is only about women and sex. It's disgusting," Rahma says.
"I heard if they marry a widow they will get a thousand dollars," Fina adds. "They ask me to marry in the morning and they want the answer from the night."
Noor says she was most shocked by the infighting in the all-female dorm.
"The manner of the women inside the dorm is very different, it is very far from Islam," she says. "[They have a] harsh manner, gossiping, shout at each other, back biting, and fighting between the women. Oh I was very surprised."
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/17/middl ... index.html
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

https://twitter.com/Souria4Syrians/stat ... 9827276800

iraqi helicopter shooting up isis trying to escape mosul via the river
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Ruaf pounding sukhnah
https://mobile.almasdarnews.com/article ... tern-homs/

In the south near t2 the syrians are stuck for 2 weeks unable to make progress at hanimah . Today a attack was beaten by isis with loss of 30.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Syrians need better units on t2 front than just militias
But perhaps idea is to stir the pot on a wide front there and pull isis from other fronts
dnivas
BRFite

Post by dnivas »

Singha wrote:
rsingh wrote:Hats off Saar, you are still on guard. Mortals like me, forgot who is fighting whom.
its a lonely vigil in the desert, but someone has to stand at the post.
Thanks a lot.!!!!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Singha wrote:Syrians need better units on t2 front than just militias
But perhaps idea is to stir the pot on a wide front there and pull isis from other fronts
:(
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/pi ... eir-ezzor/

laxity all around. they need some repub guard infantry formations urgently to tighten things up.

a sleeping camp was totally overrun by a suprise mobile column, 12 people captured and beheaded+burned, rest scattered into the desert. granted the desert is vast and surprise attacks can happen but the camp should have been protected by berms from the accompanying dozers .... this is ALWAYS done by vigilant units like tigers, deir azzor(whose berms are 3 storeys tall sometimes to withstand truck sized VBIEDs) and even the PMU has proven chatur and alert in beating off 100s of VBIEd attacks followed by the howling mob in technicals.

the syrians need to take stock, revisit their command structure and plans in that region and reformat if they want to get anywhere near Al bu kamal via T2. the Iraqis also need to clean up their side of the border which is the exposed right flank. else its just a needless series of reverses and useful men getting killed for no fault of their own but leadership failure.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

yusha yuseef has released this current map of tiger forces advance, but he says cannot report on another movement for now

people are speculating per a US-Russi aggreement, the tigers have reached the euphrates south of raqqa with help of SDF not contesting that.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Yusha Yuseef erified account @MIG29_ 16h16 hours ago
More
#Raqqa - Dier Ezoor || the biggest Advance for SAA Tiger forces Achieved A few days ago it was not announced

will news when Allow

one leaker had actually published a map I will try to find
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Ivan Sidorenko‏ @IvanSidorenko1 1h1 hour ago
More
#Syria Reports 2 Hours ago by #Tribal_Forces "Now Heavy Artillery & Rockets targeting #Sukhnah #Suknah in preparation for storming the city"
0 replies 5 retweets 9 likes