China Military Watch - Sept' 2016

AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Re: China Military Watch - Sept' 2016

Post by AdityaM »

Well he has got many satellite images of Chinese positions in Tibet. Worth a look.
Create another profile if u have to
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

looking at the scale and construction std they are there to stay.

the russians are yet to invest like this in hymenim despite the 50 yr lease. its mostly just prefab buildings there and minimum apron work to house 33 planes at last count in cramped parking lots wingtip to wingtip. a lucky mortar from back of a van could ignite the whole flight line. the IRA did that to 10 downing.

idea might be to position chinese units all over africa gradually to protect their mining , fishing and industrial investments in a paramil CISF type spinoff play.
DavidD
BRFite

Post by DavidD »

Mihir wrote:IIRC, during last year's biathlon, the ZTZ-96 appeared to show a superior fire on the move capability than whatever mark of T-72 the Russians had brought with them. Where the T-72 had to practically stop and fire, the ZTZ only slowed down, shot off a shell, and took off again.
Here's a video of it. Skip to 3:20 to see the Russian team followed by the Chinese team (first two teams are Kazakhstan and Armenia).

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

AdityaM wrote:Well he has got many satellite images of Chinese positions in Tibet. Worth a look.
Create another profile if u have to
Not interested. No use to me. His images never have coordinates and we can never tell where the hell they are. He posted a missile site in China and I asked him for coordinates and he acted like an asshole. What is the use of pictures if others don't know where they are? You know how media post fake images so people think they are seeing the genuine article. How is anyone to know what this guy talks about?

If this guy Col Bhat or whoever this rajfortyseven is has any sense he should give information that is useful. I also think he is a bit of a dhoti-shiverer or shivering provocateur withut explaining anything. Heck he uses Twitter. 140 char!! For example, does he know exactly where the Chinese military exercises were held in Xinjiang ot Tibet? No point behaving like Oracle at Delphi who must be consulted every time. I am done with that guy. In these days of Twitter/FB etc if he posts anything useful it will get shared as you have done and I see it anyway so his arrogance is counter productive.
Last edited by shiv on 02 Aug 2017 07:58, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

that EW site raj47 posted is for OTH missile launch warning imo. it resembles the dew line radars. a set of domes covering antennas and a set of radars fixed on the ground looking down threat axis

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Singha wrote:that EW site raj47 posted is for OTH missile launch warning imo. it resembles the dew line radars. a set of domes covering antennas and a set of radars fixed on the ground looking down threat axis

where where where where? Bechuanaland? Antarctica? Uttarakhand?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Those look like the spherical cages at the circus where they have the bear riding the motorcycle upside down.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

More from his twitter:

#China #PLA This is #LAGII Low Altitude Guard II powerful #laser weapon linked with FC radar to kill drones/missiles/rockets/shells.Range NK

1st time on satl imagery .#China stealing #potash from #occupied #Tibet.Converting salt lakes into factories.Utter disregard to environment

#China #PLA90 #PLARF #DF31AG 16+1 on parade. PRC always surprises everyone. Pics via cdf

https://twitter.com/rajfortyseven/statu ... 9285594112
#China #PLA military drill in #occupied #Tibet geo-located to #YarlaShampo training area.#PLC09 firing range 21.5km.

Last edited by AdityaM on 02 Aug 2017 08:10, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Y20 heavy lifter, nice looking barring the old model engines
DavidD
BRFite

Post by DavidD »

That's not a laser weapon, that's a telescope.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

DavidD wrote:That's not a laser weapon, that's a telescope.
:D
@rajfortyseven
Bishwa
BRFite

Post by Bishwa »

shiv wrote:
AdityaM wrote:
Is this twitter person one of brf?
No. He is quite an arrogant bugger and will not answer questions. He blocked me on Twitter after he acted like an asshole when I asked him a simple question. He wanted me to give him my name, address and undie size to prove which side I am on and follow him as well (I was following him then). I gave him a short lesson on politeness and he blocked me

rajfortyseven is Col Vinayak Bhat. He is a retired Indian Army MI officer. He specializes in satellite imagery interpretation and analysis.

His articles appear in outlook and his credentials are given there. See this for example

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/st ... ate/298872
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

shiv wrote:
Singha wrote:that EW site raj47 posted is for OTH missile launch warning imo. it resembles the dew line radars. a set of domes covering antennas and a set of radars fixed on the ground looking down threat axis

its north of arctic circle in alaska or canada. if the flag on left is maple leaf it would be canada a joint DEW base.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Bishwa wrote:
shiv wrote: No. He is quite an arrogant bugger and will not answer questions. He blocked me on Twitter after he acted like an asshole when I asked him a simple question. He wanted me to give him my name, address and undie size to prove which side I am on and follow him as well (I was following him then). I gave him a short lesson on politeness and he blocked me

rajfortyseven is Col Vinayak Bhat. He is a retired Indian Army MI officer. He specializes in satellite imagery interpretation and analysis.

His articles appear in outlook and his credentials are given there. See this for example

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/st ... ate/298872
I am aware of his credentials. He remains an arrogant bugger who is unable to communicate (in my view). He claims he is military intelligence. If true - I am happy that he is retired now. Satellite images that he uses are available to anyone today. Any extra information he has should be given with grace when he is asked politely.

Once he cut me off - I am out of his world and he is out of mine. I get to see what he says through third party sources and what I say does not matter much in any case
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Don't mean to derail this thread but here is an exchange of messages I had on Twitter before rajfortyseven blocked me.

I was genuinely asking for help
me wrote:I am looking for the areas which the PLA uses to house its men while they get acclimatized. Acclimatization requires spending a few weeks at around 3500 meters - which conveniently is the altitude of Lhasa. Do you know of any large PLA sites in Lhasa. Meanwhile do look at two videos I have made about roads in Tibet and Chinese airfields if you get time. I will link them in another post below. Sorry to pester you.
rajfortyseven wrote:Give me your real details incl phone number. And why you need info that you are looking for
me wrote:Its OK - its not that important. I can understand your need to inquire such details - but I have similar views too - so I think I will just say thanks for replying. I guess both of us are better off doing what we do without actually sharing our personal details.
rajfortyseven wrote:Surely you have read my ORF tweets. You can check my bio in those articles. Without being sure which side you are working on, it will be difficult to share knowledge. Even the videos you linked have been prepared by someone else.
me wrote:That someone else is me. What is generally open knowledge about me is that I am shiv on Bharat Rakshak Forums and bennedose on Twitter and cybersurg is my video channel. I am sure you can find out more details yourself if you wish. As to which side I am on - that is also something you can figure out of you are interested. Sorry to have wasted your time What is ORF?
rajfortyseven wrote:BBTC!
Next thing I know, I am blocked by this guy. Weird What is BBTC btw?
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

shiv wrote: Next thing I know, I am blocked by this guy. Weird What is BBTC btw?
It might be:
A- Bring back the cup
B- Bring back the chicken
C- Bombay Burma trading company
D- Or none of above.

Computer lock option D :)
Bishwa
BRFite

Post by Bishwa »

https://twitter.com/orfonline?lang=en

Is this perhaps the ORF rajfortyseven was referring to?
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Shiv sir, his need to be circumspect is easy to understand.
As an MI chap, I am sure they are exposed to elaborate traps to extract information from them, and he won't fall in one.

I have requested him to join BRF. most probably he will ignore it. But if he does come visiting here, your posts above will definitely push him away!

Ok just got his response:
Thanks for the offer. Happy & busy with twitter.
You can always share my tweets in links. No one stopping that. If you need any advise, please do contact me anytime. BBTC
Last edited by AdityaM on 02 Aug 2017 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

DavidD wrote:That's not a laser weapon, that's a telescope.
Would a telescope require a camouflaged domed shield around it. Doesn't look like a telescope
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

AdityaM wrote:Shiv sir, his need to be circumspect is easy to understand.
As an MI chap, I am sure they are exposed to elaborate traps to extract information from them, and he won't fall in one.

I have requested him to join BRF. most probably he will ignore it. But if he does come visiting here, your posts above will definitely push him away!

Ok just got his response: Thanks for the offer. Happy & busy with twitter
We are going way OT. But RajFortySeven is working with ORF? If that is the case then IMO we are better off without him here.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

BBTC: bye bye take care
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

AdityaM wrote:Shiv sir, his need to be circumspect is easy to understand.

Ok just got his response:
Thanks for the offer. Happy & busy with twitter.
You can always share my tweets in links. No one stopping that. If you need any advise, please do contact me anytime. BBTC
With apologies Aditya this guy makes me laugh and sounds more like a pompous fraud. For god's sake the man is retired and is not revealing any secrets and uses the same sources you and I have access. There must be scores of other retired MI people living quiet lives who remain totally anonymous. If he is so concerned about personal security he should not be announcing to the whole goddam world from Twitter and other websites that he is a retired MI person and acting all hard to get with random internet Abduls. WTF "Give me your name and number" is the kind of line that a failed sex stalker would use. Not a self advertised MI type. Its not as though I dont meet people who have national secrets. They dont act like a peahen in heat.

Just look at his chutzpah. You offer an invite and he offers you advice. I asked for advice and he acted like RAW chief caught with pants down.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

sir generally services types (incl retired) do not understand or even know the "NEED" for civilians like us to be interested in deep military matters.
while the younger ones might be curious , the older ones will have their own attitudes and hangups at talking on equal terms with lay people.

would say let it be. atleast by his prolific cheen bashing, he is on team India.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Shiv-ji is an angry, angry man.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

On the Chini Early Warning radar, how will that thing works in the himalyan valleys. All the peaks and valley will cause a massive clutter. Remember the problems we had detecting during the Kargil conflict.

How will it detect an IAF jet flying between peaks?
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

nam wrote:On the Chini Early Warning radar, how will that thing works in the himalyan valleys. All the peaks and valley will cause a massive clutter. Remember the problems we had detecting during the Kargil conflict.

How will it detect an IAF jet flying between peaks?

The idea is to leave the observer completely puzzled. It is a military advantage to confuse the other guy. Inscrutable ********!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Singha wrote:sir generally services types (incl retired) do not understand or even know the "NEED" for civilians like us to be interested in deep military matters.
while the younger ones might be curious , the older ones will have their own attitudes and hangups at talking on equal terms with lay people.

would say let it be. atleast by his prolific cheen bashing, he is on team India.
Yeah yeah and all that. But I don't buy that retired services stuff. I know a LOT of them. But looks like he needs a whole CV to make sure that others are pro India. Nut case IMO
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Shiv sir, You have really taken it as a personal insult!
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

shiv wrote:Don't mean to derail this thread but here is an exchange of messages I had on Twitter before rajfortyseven blocked me.
<snip>
But Sir the current discussion is doing exactly this. Humble request to detest from this.

On another note

Sikkim standoff: Indian troops trespassed 80 metres into Chinese territory, claims Beijing in official statement

http://www.firstpost.com/india/doka-la- ... 85579.html
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

cheen artillery position around 15km from top of sikkim at mouth of the valley

https://www.google.co.in/maps/@27.94510 ... a=!3m1!1e3

north of sikkim in sandy flat desert area there seems to be no defensive positions at all ... I guess they have got so used to cheaply needling us, the figure the pomp and fury of parades is lhasa and beyond is enough to scare india while a little band of men plays merry the border
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

cheen rifles pointing up in victory, indic rifles pointing down in defeat
Akshay D
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Akshay D »

shiv wrote:

Shiv, in case you still are looking for the co-ordinates...

1: 27.741857, 89.199996 (copy paste in google maps)

2: 27.834362, 89.136749

Both are approx. 50-60 km from the current standoff - as the crow flies. The entire area around these 2 sites is teeming with Chinese military infra, especially the roads and defenses leading up to the bhutan border. Great for wasting time while at work :D
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Singha wrote:cheen rifles pointing up in victory, indic rifles pointing down in defeat
Our men seems to be well covered, while TFTA Commie army lot with only fatigues and caps in a cold place?

Seems everything is about PR.

Also notice the difference in numbers
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

cheen soldiers look taller , stronger and happier. indian soldiers look sad and defeated.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

AdityaM wrote:Shiv sir, You have really taken it as a personal insult!
Well Aditya - you asked me to create another Twitter profile to follow him so I made my views absolutely clear. All my exchanges with him were when I was already following him and seeing a lot of pictures with no coordinates which seemed pointless to me.

A Google earth community search will throw up many missile sites/air bases etc from others in Eastern China aimed at Taiwan/Japan etc. But the amount of work done on the Indian side is low (in general). I thought maybe this bloke would be a useful resource and that I would not have to repeat his work if he had already done it. How many of rajfortyseven's images are about Chinese preparations/defences with regard to India? And how many give any coordinates? Why would Google earth image coordinates be classified information?

After having put in a lot of time and sweat myself I can state what I think of that guy. I asked him early on when I still had lots and lots of searching do to see what was going on on the China side near India. I am now in a position to spam any site with images of Chinese bases, roads, railway stations, fuel dumps, bridges, avalanches, dams, power stations, radar sites etc but no point doing stuff that is already available. I could reserve that for another half a dozen fun videos for me like "What do Chinese military bases look like?" etc
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

nam wrote:
Our men seems to be well covered, while TFTA Commie army lot with only fatigues and caps in a cold place?

Excellent observation. My take on the difference is that the Indian soldiers are camped nearby and the Cheenis have driven in on a vehicle from a warm faraway base.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Akshay D wrote:
shiv wrote:
Shiv, in case you still are looking for the co-ordinates...

1: 27.741857, 89.199996 (copy paste in google maps)

2: 27.834362, 89.136749

Both are approx. 50-60 km from the current standoff - as the crow flies. The entire area around these 2 sites is teeming with Chinese military infra, especially the roads and defenses leading up to the bhutan border. Great for wasting time while at work :D
Thanks. I have 1 but not 2. I actually lost 2 in a disk crash from which I recovered everything other than my Google earth placemarks
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Singha wrote:cheen soldiers look taller , stronger and happier. indian soldiers look sad and defeated.
Enough baiting ..... we have all been through this.
Enough and stop it please, Singha.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

nam wrote:
Singha wrote:cheen rifles pointing up in victory, indic rifles pointing down in defeat

Men against boys. Also look at the long rifles, look like bolt-action deer rifles. Not the QBZ-95 bullpups of PLA regulars like below.

These are People's Armed Police I think.

Easy pickings. Let's roll!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Probably the last video I am going to make unless I get some great inspiration
Points of confrontation between India and China
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNqlLSUg5p8