Neutering & Defanging Chinese Threat (09-08-2014)

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Re: Managing Chinese Threat (09-08-2014)

Post by UlanBatori »

If China's economic engine is destroyed, of course China will destroy India's financial/IT centers.

I would consider that win-win. Time to start from scratch in all these cities which have been ruined by overcrowding and unplanned construction. Imagine Bengalooru with fresh, cool (glowing) air like in the 1970s (OK, minus the glow). Strolling along Brigade road parking lot enjoying the sights of (midriff) real estate. Whitefield crater filled with monsoon water to form a glowing lake.

Imagine Dilli with absolutely no congestion around the Connaught Circular Crater, strolling by the moonlight supplemented by the greenish flow from the ground. The occasional scorched Nehru Cap sticking out of the mounds of rubble.
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

SriKumar wrote:Yes, I did not want to say it explicitly but India can hit their economic engine to 'Middle Kingdom Come' in the first week of the war. But Doval has said it...so I will too. Nothing else will register on the radar of this amoral politburo, who will not care about the military or civilian causalities of their own. Hence my thought that this should be be kept strictly local. A military war executed correctly will change their OBOR dreams to GOBOR (Gobar =cowdung).
In the video at 7:15 Doval actually says,
in the first 24 hours of the war their economic capacity will be decapitated
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

UlanBatori wrote:If China's economic engine is destroyed, of course China will destroy India's financial/IT centers.

I would consider that win-win. Time to start from scratch in all these cities which have been ruined by overcrowding and unplanned construction. Imagine Bengalooru with fresh, cool (glowing) air like in the 1970s (OK, minus the glow). Strolling along Brigade road parking lot enjoying the sights of (midriff) real estate. Whitefield crater filled with monsoon water to form a glowing lake.

Imagine Dilli with absolutely no congestion around the Connaught Circular Crater, strolling by the moonlight supplemented by the greenish flow from the ground. The occasional scorched Nehru Cap sticking out of the mounds of rubble.
Batoriji :) that is how the balance of mutual terror is maintained and there is no war, beyond some pushing and shoving at the border with guns safely pointed down without ammunition!! Come to think of it, there should be periodic bouts of Indian style wrestling between Indian and Chinese troops at the border to get rid of built up frustration and maybe alternate that wrestling with kung fu panda style martial arts!!
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

ldev wrote:
SriKumar wrote:Yes, I did not want to say it explicitly but India can hit their economic engine to 'Middle Kingdom Come' in the first week of the war. But Doval has said it...so I will too. Nothing else will register on the radar of this amoral politburo, who will not care about the military or civilian causalities of their own. Hence my thought that this should be be kept strictly local. A military war executed correctly will change their OBOR dreams to GOBOR (Gobar =cowdung).
In the video at 7:15 Doval actually says,
in the first 24 hours of the war their economic capacity will be decapitated
^^^ Yes, I had noted ...but did not want to say it lest it sounded to 'war-mongery' and I'd be placed in the chola camp. :)
But that is the substance of what needs to be conveyed to China as the options that India has.

All are lessons from 1962....none of this is new.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

But I am saying that with simple Social Media tools, one can take out $600B over the next 10 years without lifting said guns, mijjiles etc. More if diaspora is enlisted (remember how the $4B State Bank of India Bond Issue was ovrersubscribed on Day 1 after US declared Sanctiongiri in 1998?). Yes, diaspora can be very effective and cares.

Max 120B in retaliation over same period, probably less because we need to end the exports of Monazite, thorium, iron ore etc anyway. THIS is the real asymmetric advantage that India has, and needs to use pro-actively and pre-emptively. And unofficially.

I think the moment I announced #DumpDaDragon and my $96 of boycott, Beijing was renamed Deplession City. You could see the droop of Eleven's shoulders and chin. Even the Paki-pasand Economic Crimes has come out slamming PeeAllSee in their analysis. If other ASEAN countries join in the boycott, it is lamp-post time for Eleven and his tribe.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Sell them hot tea and samosas and made-on-DosaKalam Plateau dosas. Offer to set up Appu's Chaikada on NORTH edge of Dosakalam Plateau where their Commissars and Jarnails sit. India badly needs out-of-da-lota thinkers in MoD, hain?
Last edited by UlanBatori on 05 Aug 2017 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

^^^^ There is no such thing as a "Bing" map or "Google" map. These maps change depending on where you access them from. These are corporations which try to keep those in power happy, so just because they show a line doesn't mean much.

Now regarding some interesting discussions above. Let's take this one step at a time, shall we?

1. The cure cannot be much worse than the symptom. For that reason, all China can do is to act against the 48 or 300 soldiers they consider intruding in their territory. It will be very unlikely that they will FIRST attack at any other location. HOWEVER, they will feel free to project force into any disputed territory claimed by them, and that will elicit a reaction from us.
2. The plateau is manned by both our soldiers and theirs, so I don't see them fire artillery unless the ground situation changes. With engagement at such close quarters, there is little they can do. Evicting our soldiers will be more like a police action.
3. Now if they must evict our soldiers, they will have to do so under the threat of a weapon. If they draw weapons, then goodbye 30+ years of peace and "no bullet fired". Moreover, goodbye "Peaceful Rise of China". That is what they fear the most, and that is what should be pounded into the international community's heads.
4. If they draw weapons, we will do so, surely. Will there be a firefight? How will it escalate? A firefight is a sure declaration of hostilities. We start by taking out their service roads leading to Chumbi valley, trapping their men and asking them to surrender (which they won't) or embrace martyrdom with 155mms.
5. Even at that stage we are still not technically "at war". Will they hit back across the border in settled areas leading to sure escalation. There are a lot of dots between this level and our rolling into Lhasa or retaking Akshay Hind. Knowledgeable readers, please enunciate.

Frankly, I think their consternation is purely because they don't have any good moves. It is their move, we are not moving anywhere. They have made threats, they have called our top leaders names, they have made all of us re-read the 1962 wiki page, and they have given us ultimatums. At the same time they have proliferated nuclear and missile technology, blocked on the Azhar issue, and are doing their best with trade and tariff barriers. There isn't much else they can do without physical force and they know things won't be the same again if they do.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

anupmisra wrote:At a private dinner last night in NYC, I met a retired Secretary - GOI (cannot disclose which department, but one of the top three). He was a close colleague and friend of my dad. Our friend privately confirmed that India and China have a deal on the Doklam matter, a deal made during Doval's recent visit. He would not provide details except that India comes out ahead. The Chinese are waiting for CPC elections.

TIFWIW.
Thanks for the info sir. Yet, we were "pretty close to a deal" on Kashmir - Indira Gandhi and Zia, then Vajpayee and Musharraf, then falana-falana. Life goes on, and death goes on.

India comes out ahead just by telling the bully to back off. Anyway by the time of the CPC elections everyone is going to quit the area.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

UlanBatori wrote:Vely vely vely intelesting. I could not find the item in south China Post: Has anyone found it? Date is arr-impoltant. Can u imagine someone in mainland Han-stan publishing that in Aug. 2017?

If they did, there can be only one reason: Eleven is blaming Mao and backing out. Or wants to convey that impression as a feint. Hu can possibly possess transcripts of private mtg between Krushchev and Mao? Except CCP Poritbulo?

May be preparing a flotilla of inner-tubes to send Ambhibious PeeEllAy down the Brahmaputra to invade through 5th Column Avenue in Kolkatta.
Looky: http://www.scmp.com/week-asia/geopoliti ... er-dispute

SCMP is hardly a platform for Eleven.
UlanBatori wrote:But I am saying that with simple Social Media tools, one can take out $600B over the next 10 years without lifting said guns, mijjiles etc. More if diaspora is enlisted (remember how the $4B State Bank of India Bond Issue was ovrersubscribed on Day 1 after US declared Sanctiongiri in 1998?). Yes, diaspora can be very effective and cares.
That, and the 8% interest in USD didn't hurt.
Last edited by yensoy on 05 Aug 2017 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

2. The plateau is manned by both our soldiers and theirs, so I don't see them fire artillery unless the ground situation changes. With engagement at such close quarters, there is little they can do.
Bad assumption. Pls read the account of 1967 Nathu Lal lovefest. The idiots opened machinegun fire on Indian soldiers out in the open. Ignoring the fact that all their positions were exposed to Indian artillery. 70 dead on Indian side, 722+ on Chinese side. Its on the Internet.
Buggers beat the ancient model of Kalidasa chopping off the tree limb on which he was sitting. All because a Political Commissar had his undies in a knot.
So I think it is wise to leave only 2 or 3 soldiers exposed at the chai-passing line, but the missiles poised further back, each with the address of a significant Chinese asset in its memory. When the local commander gets enough pressure from the Sector Commander who is getting buggered by the Politburo member, there is no telling what stupidity they will commit.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

UlanBatori wrote:
2. The plateau is manned by both our soldiers and theirs, so I don't see them fire artillery unless the ground situation changes. With engagement at such close quarters, there is little they can do.
Bad assumption. Pls read the account of 1967 Nathu Lal lovefest. The idiots opened machinegun fire on Indian soldiers out in the open. Ignoring the fact that all their positions were exposed to Indian artillery. 70 dead on Indian side, 722+ on Chinese side. Its on the Internet.
Buggers beat the ancient model of Kalidasa chopping off the tree limb on which he was sitting. All because a Political Commissar had his undies in a knot.
I made that statement precisely because of 1967. You think they haven't learnt? If they do so, the entire company or whatever unit in Doklam is history.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Hey, 1967 occurred after their units had been in war against the Japanese, then the Nationalists, then the Koreans/Americans and several years of Vietnam war. How come they did not know enough to not shoot b4 evacuating their exposed people? I am saying that basic nature of Chinese leadership, esp political commissars, is unstable and immature. Now they are MUCH worse: momma's dahlings from the One Brat Policy, brought up spoilt rotten.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 05 Aug 2017 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Dumal & fanne, the discussion here is about PRC, not admin actions. Dumal realizes that it is not welcome and yet goes ahead with his opinion.

*Just no more debates on admin actions*
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

IMO, the NaMo style will be win-win. From Eleven's pov, best statesmanlike victory would be long-term Biss agreement with Yindoos, 2 b announced with due fanfare on Sep 1. All this other stuff is like mud-wrestling: no winners.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

ldev wrote:

8)

I made this post 2 days back on this thread.

Hmmm if we remove reference to nuke stuff in my post, Doval ji agreed with me on factories and missiles :
Manish_Sharma wrote:This story of tian kian dreams can be finished forever:

We just need to point Agonies 3 & 5 towards densest population areas, with dirtiest warheads containing cobalt 60 / cesium 137 / gold isotope, so these core Han areas die miserably writhing most painfully

Incidentally these are also the factory of the world areas. Rest peripheral areas can be left locals will skin Han bullies alive.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Vietnam challenges China at security talks - AFP
Vietnam urged other Southeast Asian nations to take a stronger stand against Chinese expansionism in the South China Sea on Saturday, as a tense regional security forum began with North Korea also under fire over its nuclear programme.

Ahead of the launch of the annual gathering of foreign ministers from the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), Vietnam made a bold play against China with a raft of suggested changes to a planned joint communique.

It set the stage for a fiery few days of diplomacy in the Philippine capital, with the top diplomats from China, the United States, Russia and North Korea to join their ASEAN and other Asia-Pacific counterparts for security talks from Sunday.

The meetings will take place as the United Nations Security Council votes this weekend on a US-drafted resolution to toughen sanctions against North Korea to punish the isolated regime for its missile tests.

The United States said it would also seek to build unified pressure on the North at the Manila event -- known as the ASEAN Regional Forum.

After their own day of meetings on Saturday, ASEAN foreign ministers released a joint statement expressing "grave concerns" over the North's first two intercontinental ballistic missile tests that were conducted last month.

"These developments seriously threaten peace, security and stability in the region and the world," the statement said.

But on the South China Sea dispute -- one of Asia's other top powder keg issues -- there was far less consensus with the Philippines seeking to placate Beijing, and Vietnam leading the resistance, diplomats told AFP.

Vietnam on Friday night sought to insert tough language against China in an ASEAN statement that was scheduled to be released after the Southeast Asian ministers wrapped up their own talks on Saturday.

According to a copy of a draft obtained by AFP, Vietnam lobbied for ASEAN to express serious concern over "construction" in the sea, a reference to China's ramped up building of artificial islands in the disputed waters in recent years.

Vietnam also wanted ASEAN to insist in the statement that a planned code of conduct for the sea with China be "legally binding", which Beijing opposes.

Malaysia also pushed for some tougher language, including with a reference to "military assets" in the contested waters, according to the draft and discussions with diplomats involved in the discussions.

The Philippines used to be the most vocal critic of Beijing's expansionism.

But, since President Rodrigo Duterte was elected last year, the Philippines has sought to downplay the dispute with China in return for billions of dollars in Chinese investments and aid.

China has in recent years also successfully lobbied other ASEAN nations, particularly Cambodia, to support its diplomatic manoeuvring in the dispute.

The joint statement that was scheduled to be released after the ASEAN ministers was delayed because of the dispute over the wording on the sea issue, one diplomat told AFP.

"There is no consensus yet," the diplomat said, adding the drafting committee was tasked with continuing the negotiations on Saturday night.

ASEAN is on Sunday set to adopt a framework with China for a code of conduct, which is meant to pave the way for more concrete action.
But security analysts point out that the framework comes 15 years after negotiations on the issue first began, and China has used that time to cement its claims with the artificial islands.
Liu
BRFite

Post by Liu »

well,war might come anytime soon.
may either chinese soldiers or india solders have good luck !
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

I hope a limited war comes and the arrogant, land grabbing, Tibet occupying Communists are taught a lesson in humility in full glare of global media and social media memes.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Liu wrote:well,war might come anytime soon. may either chinese soldiers or india solders have good luck !
Liu, if the war comes (as you put it) and if the chinese lose ground (with several hundred conscripts killed), how will Xi fare in the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China this autumn? A majority of the Politburo Standing Committee is expected to retire at this congress. Will Xi survive and regain his presidency? Will PLA support his candidature? Will the Congress look into his financial affairs?
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

In a sign of things to come, India's Vijender Singh beats China's Zulpikar Maimaitiali by points after 10 rounds. Before this fight, the chinaman had taunted Vijender thus "Chinese have taught Indians what they are capable of multiple times in the past. Today I will teach that lesson to Viejnder". Finally the Chinese boxer will be eating crow flied lice tonight and eat his words.

This victory makes Vijender the undisputed Asia boxing champion in his category and he now holds both the titles - WBO Asia Pacific Middleweight Champion and WBO Oriental Super Middleweight Champion in his 9th undefeated fight of his professional career.

Modi is similarly teaching lessons in humility to Uncle eleven by winning the first and second round. First round is stopping construction in a surprise move and Second round is making fun of Cheena's psywar which made chinese officials and media, especially Gobar times look like retarded fools and empty chest thumpers.

Lets us see the next rounds. Will Uncle eleven throw in the towel or try to land a low blow like his countryman Zulpikar tried today?
Last edited by schinnas on 05 Aug 2017 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
DavidD
BRFite

Post by DavidD »

Foreign affairs rarely have an impact on domestic politics. The U.S. sailed 2 carriers into the Taiwan Straits in '96 and then bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade in' 99, Jiang Zemin did nothing and got to stay as the top military leader for 2 years longer than his political career.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Vijender declared that he doesn't want the title & wants to give it to Chinese beacaue there are tensions & this is his message of peace.

Who gave him this advice! To appear weak & conciliatory at the very moment of his victory
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Zul-pecker? U mean in all China, Uighurs beat the heck out of Han chickens in any fair fight? :rotfl:
I KNEW the Han were just bullies.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 05 Aug 2017 22:35, edited 2 times in total.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Liu wrote:well,war might come anytime soon.
may either chinese soldiers or india solders have good luck !
You guys are in the drivers seat on this one. You get to decide whether there is war or not. We decide the outcome.
schinnas wrote:In a sign of things to come, India's Vijender Singh beats China's Zulpikar Maimaitiali by points after 10 rounds. Before this fight, the chinaman had taunted Vijender thus "Chinese have taught Indians what they are capable of multiple times in the past. Today I will teach that lesson to Viejnder". Finally the Chinese boxer will be eating crow flied lice tonight and eat his words.
It was a close call (I watched the last few rounds). Zulpikar was clearly faster and had a good game - duck and hit out, and a good prediction of Vijender's moves. Vijender was slow and lumbering. Zulpikar was docked some points when he hit Vijender under the belt, I think that decided the outcome.

With India-China, it won't be such a close fight. We are prepared and ready, but as they say "barking dogs don't bite".
Last edited by yensoy on 05 Aug 2017 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Vijender Defeats the Chinese boxer and then returns the award due to Doklam issue!!

Singh is King: Vijender beats Zulpikar in double-title fight: India's Vijender Singh maintained his unbeaten record in pro boxing after outclassing China's Zulipikar Maimaitiali in the double-title fight in Mumbai, on Saturday.

Vijender was declared winner on points as he claimed a 96-93, 95-94, 95-94 victory for his ninth win in a row.

Vijender has two titles in his possession now. He holds two belts now as he maintains his unbeaten record!

WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title
WBO Oriental Super Middleweight title

Vijender says he wishes to give the belt back to Zulpikar Maimaitiali as a token of peace between India and China, tweets official broadcasters Sony Pictures Network.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

UlanBatori wrote:Zul-pecker? U mean in all China, Uighurs beat the heck out of Han chickens in any fair fight? :rotfl:
I KNEW the Han were just bullies.
And then only to lose to an Indian! :rotfl: :lol:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Well, he won all 3 rounds. Did the Pecker hit b-lo the belt in all 3 rounds? Sounds like a Chinese!
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

I have a somewhat different view about the `decapitating of China's economy' that Doval ji and several of us talk about.
I want to do a detailed post on this (I'm writing one for Indian Military Review), but in summary:
The Chinese economy does not need to be degraded by missile strikes. It is extremely fragile and any of several nonmilitary events can push it off the precipice it is on the edge of. A few years ago China's economy had the choice of making a hard or soft landing, depending on how soon reforms were undertaken. China did not reform and continued to be in denial by fudging figures. Xi is trying to avoid (or at least postpone) the hard landing (now the most likely outcome) by taking 2 increasingly risky gambles. These are:
1. Continuing to pump money into the economy.
2. OBOR

In 2008 is took $1 of debt to produce $ 1 of GDP. Today that has risen to $6 of debt for $1 of GDP. Not only is the level of debt unsustainable,
but so is the rate of increase of debt.
A lot of debt is hidden from the books through shadow banking. (loans given over a handshake and not in the balance sheet of banks) which is
now at $ 9 TRILLION. (Indian NPA's are 1% of this, or $ 0.09 trillion).
What is worse is that the debt goes toward unproductive assets. There are 50 ghost cities AND enough office space for every Chinese citizen to
have his own cabin.
OBOR is a strategy to export this problem, but it comes with the risk of the borrower not paying.

Chinese who really know what is going on, are taking money out of the country at an unprecedented level. Hence a sharp decline in fores reserves
despite record trade surpluses.
Basically the economy is a house of card and even a change in sentiment can cause it to collapse. The following are some of the things can than facilitate this:

1. Trade sanctions by the US.
2 increased duties/ boycott of Chinese goods by India (2nd highest trade deficit with China after the US) and ASEAN
3. Default on OBOR or Chinese loans by any of 20+ countries. Venezuela, Angola, Myanmar all look good to default.
4.1 Sabotage to Eleven's plans, by opponents fearing a Stalin style purge. This can be in the form of publishing (by mistake) actual figures
on the state of the economy, or a deliberate loan default by an anti Eleven official.
4.2 PLA general fearing a purge and wanting to embarrass Eleven may order his troops to `Throw out the Indians' from Doklam (reverse of 1962).
5. An incident in the SCS, or near Japanese islands, where China loses an aircraft or Ship.
6. US attacks NoKo, Dear Fat boy (and by extension China) loses face.
8. An oil tanker is sunk somewhere in disputed waters, by an unknown attacker.
9. Due to the above, Western banks and investors pull out (or, in the normal course, reduce their China exposure more slowly).
$20 Bln of capital pulled out can cause a $ trilion fall in the market as Chinese investors get spooked.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The Kruschev comment leak in SCMP is basically either (4a) or Eleven moving to undo (4b). Importance of that article coming out on August 5 should not be missed. And that while PeeAllSee is getting based at ASEAN for being a bully and a crook. I should add: that article can only have been planted by Poritbulo itself to distance from Mistakes and Crimes of Mao and The Gang Of Four, or enemies of Eleven pulling mat out from under him, or ...... Comlade Putin :mrgreen: NO ONE else could have access to that and expect to live after leaking it. It demolishes 45 years of Chinese lies and lifafa Historians such as John Garver, at one stroke.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Deans- right on the money. The problem is US economy is intertwined with Cheeni economy and hence US is not making some bold moves it can to bring down the house of Chinese cards.

But we don't have such concerns. But what we can do to damage Chinese economy is very limited except to ensure that 1. CPEC is dead on water and that 2.India's trade deficit is contained.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

schinnas wrote:Deans- right on the money. The problem is US economy is intertwined with Cheeni economy and hence US is not making some bold moves it can to bring down the house of Chinese cards.
I think DT is getting desperate to do something to shore up his ratings, which are the lowest in history. Sanctioning China is a low hanging fruit, which will be populist. DT would not be concerned about the longer term implications for the US economy.
Marten
BRF Oldie
Location: Engaging Communists, Uber-Socialists, Maoists, and other pro-poverty groups in fruitful dialog.

Post by Marten »

What if a critical rail bridge is blown up by peaceful Xinjiangis protestors?
DrRatnadip
BRFite

Post by DrRatnadip »

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-bu ... raft-21810

How China Plans to Win a War Against America: Kill Its Aircraft Carriers

a Chinese businessman purchased the hulk of the unfinished Russian aircraft carrier Riga, with the stated intention of turning it into a resort and casino. We know this ship today as China’s first aircraft carrier, Liaoning, after it was transferred to the PLA Navy and underwent a fifteen-year refurbishment. At least one other carrier is under construction, and the ultimate goal may be as many as five Chinese carriers.

At the same time, the Second Artillery Corps leveraged its expertise in long-range rockets to create the DF-21D antiship ballistic missile. The DF-21 has obvious applications against large capital ships, such as aircraft carriers, and in a future crisis could force the U.S. Navy to operate eight to nine hundred miles off Taiwan and the rest of the so-called “First Island Chain.”

The Third Taiwan Crisis was a brutal lesson for a China that had long prepared to fight wars inside of its own borders. Still, the PLA Navy deserves credit for learning from the incident and now, twenty-two years later, it is quite possible that China could seriously damage or even sink an American carrier. Also unlike the United States, China is in the unique position of both seeing the value of carriers and building its own fleet while at the same time devoting a lot of time and resources to the subject of sinking them. The United States may soon find itself in the same position.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

DavidD wrote:Foreign affairs rarely have an impact on domestic politics. The U.S. sailed 2 carriers into the Taiwan Straits in '96 and then bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade in' 99, Jiang Zemin did nothing and got to stay as the top military leader for 2 years longer than his political career.
You're just underlining why this situation WILL impact CPC politics . In 1996 China literally 'did nothing' - didn't go berserk issuing ultimatums to US and instead focused on the economy . The only time they went apeshit was during the Belgrade embassy oopsie. In other words the political firmament simply wasn't invested in fanning anger against US.

This time around, China isn't merely talking 'disputed territory', but every average Zhou at gobar times (it's how we see global times - gobar means cowdung) is hyperventilating about 'throwing Indians out of Chinese territory'. Well right now it's Indian territory anyway. And the decibel level of *official* Chinese anger is unprecedented .

Don't kid yourself that it won't hurt Xi in the coming plenary session . The rest of Asia already just saw PRC issue a 15-page fact sheet to India the other day only for us to pretty much respond 'go make love with yourself'
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

^^^^
Wouldn't it be great if the PRC referred the matter to the UN?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

PeeAllSee has veto power. So UN decision can only come out one way.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

^^^^
My post was meant as joke.
DrRatnadip
BRFite

Post by DrRatnadip »

http://m.timesofindia.com/world/china/c ... 933663.cms

Chinese daily talks of military operations in Doklam

"China will not allow the military standoff between China and India in Doklam to last for too long, and there may be a small-scale military operation to expel Indian troops within two weeks," Hu Zhiyong, a research fellow at the Institute of International Relations at the Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences, said in an article in Global Times. Hu further wrote that the "Chinese side will inform the Indian foreign ministry before its operation". However, he did not elaborate on how he had arrived at the "two-week" period.

From where chinis are getting such high quality weed :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Do we maintain any force levels in northern Bhutan? Or does pla maintain any substantial force in northern bhutan.?

It is possible that the pla might grab some territory in northern Bhutan to either draw IA in to a fight where we may not have advantage. This could be used to pressure Bhutan to ask India to leave Dolan.

After all we are fighting on behalf of Bhutan. We may have firmed up our defences, but Bhutan frontier is open...
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »