LCA: News & Discussions: 15 August 2017

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Re: LCA: News & Discussions: 15 August 2017

Post by Dileep »

Hm... a few days ago, my chaiwala friend had in fact told me that there maybe takers for his cup-2 and mango chais after all. I thought that was wishfool thinking onlee...

So, if you are not simply guessing....
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

<poof!>
Last edited by Dileep on 26 Aug 2017 06:13, edited 1 time in total.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

UB my knowledges of the changes being done under the current GOI also is on same page as you ; lot of long pending projects have been dissolved and Tejas is now being tracked at PMO level or so I have heard , now I am a cynical idiot and having seen projects fail despite daily tracking I am not sure if all this will matter but the 'intent' seems to be there so that is a positive change .
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

Tracking is one more level of bureaucracy unless accompanied by massive funds & quick decision making.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Gyan wrote:Tracking is one more level of bureaucracy unless accompanied by massive funds & quick decision making.
It depends on the project status firstly. how did we charter, how did we progress and what is current that can come to a logical conclusion.

No one is perfect, but all can follow a process. Without metrics, one can't optimize. This is not about politics, but products and services.
If GoI is going to cancel LCA for other single engine fighters, then it is a sad state of affairs that GoI is taken by firangites.

A well-defined process should not be viewed as bureaucratic.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

[quote="Dileep"]OMG!! This is my five thousandth post on beeyaareff.

Congratulations!

To commemorate, can we have another Spy story from you? :)
Last edited by Manish_Sharma on 26 Aug 2017 05:13, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

As predicted by yours truly.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... s?from=mdr

MOD should say yes, if the IAF commits to another 83 LCAs & the LCA Mk2. ;)
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Considering how much the original 36 Rafales cost, we also need to put out an RFP for a tree that grows $$$.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Come sir, first it has to be a RFI, then a RFP. After that the tree will be cancelled because it was single vendor.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Having said that, there really is no point in having only a 36 Rafale force. Another 36 make ample sense.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Karan M wrote:As predicted by yours truly.

Please please tweet to PMO. And also email as feedback on "Mann ki baat". He mentioned Tejas in ID speech specifically. You never know arrow might hit Bullseye.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

I dont have a twitter account, but i will email. Any ids suggested? (Please use at instead of @ to avoid spam)
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Karan M wrote:I dont have a twitter account, but i will email. Any ids suggested? (Please use at instead of @ to avoid spam)
Here:

http://bit.ly/2wccKta
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

Another 36 Rafale for ~$8.5 billion +, then another 36 for $8.5 billion ++ and pretty soon it will add up to some serious money :) . If the IAF has its way on this, forget the LCA, AMCA, FGFA. We will be importing les tournevis too. This is the MIF vs MII.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Thanks Manish!

Must watch.

From the Cockpit of LCA Tejas : An Interview with Gp Capt Suneet Krishna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dc0x4HJbZ8

Cy, IAF claims second batch will be at 60% of price of first 36 units.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Dileep, While we congratulats you for your 5K post, a lungi dance GIF is not appropriate fir LCA thread. Its more apt for GDF.
Please delete the GIF.

Thanks,
Ramana
------

Dileep Thank you so much.

Ramana
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

IN, Please tone down your welcome Bhasha. No plans for tiers of members. Quite repugnant idea in a democracy.
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

Chinmay wrote:^ +108. Members who have served in the armed forces should have separate tags of some sort as should people who arent service members but have extensive domain knowledge.
They did it on DFI. The post quality from the majority of them was abysmal.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The Rafale also has a faster turnaround time, capable of undertaking five sorties in a day. The existing fighters in the IAF combat fleet, in contrast, can do only three sorties at the most.

In ur dreams. In Syria they have done about 3 sorties in 3 years. OTOH the Russians in their old Su-24s have done more than that.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

If the next batch of 36 Rafales are at 60% cost, then the cost will be 4.8-5.0 Billion dollars, $135 million per plane
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

With weapons and spares, mind. LCC not platform costs. But wrong thread.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

ramana wrote:IN, Please tone down your welcome Bhasha. No plans for tiers of members. Quite repugnant idea in a democracy.
This forum is democratic? :rotfl: When were the forum leaders last elected? When is the next election?
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

UlanBatori wrote:
The Rafale also has a faster turnaround time, capable of undertaking five sorties in a day. The existing fighters in the IAF combat fleet, in contrast, can do only three sorties at the most.

In ur dreams. In Syria they have done about 3 sorties in 3 years. OTOH the Russians in their old Su-24s have done more than that.
What did you just make me do? Read a Rajat Pandit article. ARGGGGHHHH !!!!

Look at his misrepresentations:
The twin-engine Rafale, in turn, has a much longer combat range from 780-km to 1,650-km depending on the mission, and can carry a 9.3-tonne weapon load.
So, he presents the best ferry range: obviously with 2 AAMS and three large tanks AND the highest payload together. :roll:

On the other hand,
While IAF is also backing the long-delayed indigenous Tejas light combat aircraft, the single-engine fighter with a limited 400-km range and 2.5-tonne weapon load can be used primarily for "air defence" to take on incoming enemy jets.
He underplays both the range and the payload of the Tejas. Tejas's current payload capacity is north of 3.8 Tons. Its range has never been established. But, we know that it flew unrefueled from Bangalore to Gwalior (1300 km+). I don't need to tell you more.

Further,
With 14 India-specific requirements, including the capability for "cold start" from high-altitude regions, the Rafale can simultaneously perform both air defence and ground attack missions.
Bhai, the whole of LCA is India specific. For example Rafale, did not start when it first went to Leh after a cold soak. It had to be modified. LCA never had that problem! LCA demonstrated its swing role capability infront of everybody at Ironfist. It shot an AAM and delivered an LGB within seconds! But, hey Viva-le-France (with a fake accent).

I seldom get the urge to use chaste language, but this guy gets them flowing effortlessly.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

shiv wrote:
ramana wrote:IN, Please tone down your welcome Bhasha. No plans for tiers of members. Quite repugnant idea in a democracy.
This forum is democratic? :rotfl: When were the forum leaders last elected? When is the next election?
Hakeem, the country is. Let the moderators do their job. This belittling and condescension of moderators on every thread is neither called for, nor helpful.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Dileep wrote:Hm... a few days ago, my chaiwala friend had in fact told me that there maybe takers for his cup-2 and mango chais after all. I thought that was wishfool thinking onlee...

So, if you are not simply guessing....
LCA-MKII & AMCA?
arvin
BRFite

Post by arvin »

Karan M wrote:As predicted by yours truly.

Article is by Rajat pandit. No reason to believe it unless official release. I think Tejas is coming up nicely hence these selective 'leaks'. Feel Rafales affair with IAF is over.
Hence this 60% discount offer.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

I take the Rafale article as third data point :)

putnanja, "is there another kind?".
ashishvikas
BRFite

Post by ashishvikas »

Dileep wrote:I take the Rafale article as third data point :)

putnanja, "is there another kind?".
Sir, Your whisper are difficult to understand. Please be little more louder/Clear.
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

I don't think that another 36 Rafales are going to be ordered anytime soon. But this is just a start of 3 to 5 year Campaign of Brain washing and View Modulation so that as and when Rs 40,000 crores are wasted then everyone will say Wah Janab!

Foreign Arms Manufactures are not only sellers but also connected with Intelligence and Geopolitical manipulations. Do you think that they will ever let Indians develop Militarily Industrial complex easily? Let me give you an example. Another high decibel campaign was run for AJT with use of words like "Flying Coffins" but now you never hear it. Has the number of aircraft crashing decreased? or Mig-21 stopped flying?

Has IAF taken any step to develop follow on to Hawk? Should we not plan 20 year ahead?
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

^^^
It still makes more sense to double down on Rafale than that other mega boondoggle that is the FGFA.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Gyan wrote:I don't think that another 36 Rafales are going to be ordered anytime soon. But this is just a start of 3 to 5 year Campaign of Brain washing and View Modulation so that as and when Rs 40,000 crores are wasted then everyone will say Wah Janab!
Completely on the dot !
This is EXACTLY what it is
Bhaskar_T
BRFite

Post by Bhaskar_T »

Folks - This is LCA Dhaaga. With so much activity on thread, I thought either SP5 flew or new date for FOC arrived. Is it possible to move Rafale discussion to Rafale Dhaaga?
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

No stealth-ftealth for me. I want a bomb truck TejasM (Mota) , powered by f136 :

Just a little correction in shape of wings and canopy (exactly as Tejas Mk 1) . 18 pylons with multiple racks dropping Garuthma, Spice and Sudarshan bombs raining on haji peer pass , skardu & northern Dharamsala. :twisted:

fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

As much I think Russian stuff of late is not upto scratch, FGFA is at least a generation ahead of Rafael. We may buy another 36 but that should not be at the cost of either LCA, AMCA or FGFA.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dc0x4HJbZ8

From the link above (in words of a LCA test pilot)
LCA is contemporary, and since it is our design, it will remain cutting edge till the end. E.g. If indeed it gets 2052, it will be the first IAF plane to sport a AESA radar. It may also then have the best A-A long range missile in IAF and the best EW suite.
It's small size and thus range will continue to be it's major drawback, but then it will be more than sufficient to fulfill the light weight role/category. We should go for it, some 200-300 in numbers (including its many Avatars - Mark2, mark 3, stretched, dual engine, ground support, TVC, stealth optomised etc etc.)
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Dual engine avatar should be the next one they should do.
Make it a DPSA ground attack / maritime strike version for Jaguar replacement
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

fanne wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dc0x4HJbZ8

From the link above (in words of a LCA test pilot)
LCA is contemporary, and since it is our design, it will remain cutting edge till the end. E.g. If indeed it gets 2052, it will be the first IAF plane to sport a AESA radar. It may also then have the best A-A long range missile in IAF and the best EW suite.
It's small size and thus range will continue to be it's major drawback, but then it will be more than sufficient to fulfill the light weight role/category. We should go for it, some 200-300 in numbers (including its many Avatars - Mark2, mark 3, stretched, dual engine, ground support, TVC, stealth optomised etc etc.)
Yes very much. Continue avionics upgradation and if possible, engine upgrades coupled with stealth optimisation shud keep lca going along for a long time. Infact i dream about lca being the fighter of choice for small countries, with smaller geographical areas - a global air defence fighter that is low cost, cheap to operate. It could be a world beater in terms of exports too.
Last edited by YashG on 27 Aug 2017 10:27, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Indranil wrote:
shiv wrote: This forum is democratic? :rotfl: When were the forum leaders last elected? When is the next election?
Hakeem, the country is. Let the moderators do their job. This belittling and condescension of moderators on every thread is neither called for, nor helpful.
Thanks Indranil. Thats what I ment.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Gagan wrote:Dual engine avatar should be the next one they should do.
Make it a DPSA ground attack / maritime strike version for Jaguar replacement
But it can be far more than just dpsa. Even with the current 8.5 ton engines and the empty weight increasing to the std. 10-11 tons, you will have an absolutely powerful a2a bird.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Yes, absolutely.
LCA is a Mirage 2000 beater
That bird can be a Rafale beater
It can be the answer to the INs carrier fighter woes too!