China Military Watch - Sept' 2016

shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: China Military Watch - Sept' 2016

Post by shiv »

Austin wrote:Not bad , They can still have pod mounted gun of lower caliber if not a chin mounted one ,MMW is way forward
Vibration of mast is hell and reliability of those avionics is crucial
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

chola wrote:
Karan M wrote:They are a militarized state by definition. No account of how much money goes into military and inefficient but numerous mini-empire
I would imagine so as totalitarian state. Assuming that money is less of an object when it comes to defense expenditure.

But Cheen, rather unfortunately, is far from a militarized state. Otherwise, it would be nice to predict a trajectory like that of the USSR.

Now the USSR was a militarized state. They ended up spending themselves to death with 50 percent of their GDP tied up in their MIC. Cheen is the polar opposite as a mercantile trading state with a mil budget (even if they lie about it) that can't be any more than at around 2 or 3 percent of GDP. The chini MIC would be dwarfed many times over by their own eco-system in the global supply chain for consumer goods alone never mind those for their civilian infrastructure (building cities in Cheen and roads abroad) and transportation (like their giant and expanding HSR network.)
Agree with your point. China is anything but a militarized state. It is just a trading country with making money as the most important priority(or even the only priority). For money this so called superpower even sends its girls to work as prostitutes in places such as Afghanistan and Pakistan.

If a single country today qualifies as being militarized, without doubt it is United States of America. Military along with MIC dominate every sphere of american political scene whether it is local economy or strategic decision making. If I am right there defense budget is more than $500 billion dollars possibly even approaching 1 trillion dollars.

In asian context, surprisingly it is India which is one of the most militarized nations. Just look at the number of men under arms. Indian Army, IAF, IN, BSF, ITBP, CRPF, IRB, SSB, Coastguard, SFF, Military reserves etc. Total number would be approaching in the range of 4 to 5 million. Definitely not to be underestimated.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

More intel from lizard's helo expo: Z-11WB armed scout. Again lots of mijjiles for bestest propaganda effect.

chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

J-20 production line. Pretty primitive if you ask me.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

That is not J-20 production line, it is definitely some local mock up for display purposes.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

^ err Aditya ji, i think you missed the point of the post by Chola :D
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

chola wrote:J-20 production line. Pretty primitive if you ask me.

Uff, after fake electronics, fake eggs, fake meat, fake rice, fake medicines, now Chinis have started making fake fighters too..?? Soon bakis will have numerous J-20 parked on their AF bases.. :lol: :lol:
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

More intel from chini helo expo. The ha001 and hb001 helo drones with cute little weapons to kill (little?) people.

deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Those bombs will fall on the skids?
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

JayS wrote: Uff, after fake electronics, fake eggs, fake meat, fake rice, fake medicines, now Chinis have started making fake fighters too..?? Soon bakis will have numerous J-20 parked on their AF bases.. :lol: :lol:
The key is Chineesi like making lots of stuff but not necessarily actually using the the stuff. No war means parking around for satellite pictures is fine.

With Bakis thinking they are martial race onlee this philosophy of chini engineering will be hilarious to watch in TFTA hands.
Last edited by chola on 21 Sep 2017 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

deejay wrote:Those bombs will fall on the skids?

LOL. But I think those over skids are mijjiles.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Thanks. Looks like a 57 mm rockets with fins, those reddish ones. The white ones look bigger. The bombs are what 100 pounders?

Must appreciate though, they get a weapon on everything. As far as possible develop standoff capabilities.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

deejay wrote:Thanks. Looks like a 57 mm rockets with fins, those reddish ones. The white ones look bigger. The bombs are what 100 pounders?

Must appreciate though, they get a weapon on everything. As far as possible develop standoff capabilities.
Yeah they like making lots of shit which is why following them is fun. The standoff capability kind of works with their SYRE culture and the soft single child little emperor generation. These don't seem like people who like to or be willing to fight hand to hand. Hence in South Sudan, a single IED caused a whole chini battalion to run.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

deejay wrote:The white ones look bigger.
The white ones also have a little "nose" like semen collecting pouch on a condom tip. These will get exported to Pakistan
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

^^^ LOL. Funny as hell.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

Are those actual mijjiles (or rather mockups of real ones), or did they just stick a random plastic tube with fins? The mijjiles on the Z-11WB picture also look suspicious.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Jokes apart, if these UAVs are matured from current conservative design (weight/armor) they will be next big thing.

For example if their little-bird Z-11WB concept is evolved into an UAV using these baseline technologies, perfected on smaller models, then they have achieved their goal. Their armed MALE UAVs are already sold across the world.

In MIC maturing the technology is more important then having a perfect product, as for every know offensive weapon system a possible defense suit is known to exist.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

chola wrote:
deejay wrote:Thanks. Looks like a 57 mm rockets with fins, those reddish ones. The white ones look bigger. The bombs are what 100 pounders?

Yeah they like making lots of shit which is why following them is fun. The standoff capability kind of works with their SYRE culture and the soft single child little emperor generation. These don't seem like people who like to or be willing to fight hand to hand. Hence in South Sudan, a single IED caused a whole chini battalion to run.
Plus export opportunities for such a system. Countries like pakistan and saudi arabia will readily pay for such a product.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Chini copter expo intel:

Yet another weaponized helo drone with cute little ordinance. The AV500W in differing versions:

@Sid, they seem to have many agencies/firms developing and building competing models. Doubtful that all or even any are government funded.

We (chini mil watchers) see a lot of in-house projects among chini PSUs. Programs of small drones like these all the way up to the J-31 stealth fighter -- which has no customers yet and no commitment from their military. But once they get customers and funding they will mature a base design into a thousand variants and upgrades. A distinct advantage of a broad and deep MIC.

@Darshhan, cheen is less a military power (one who fights) than a manufacturing power looking to build and sell stuff which includes mil equipment. Exports are always on their mind.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

the chinki DJI drones have been so popular across the world... the gold standard in civilian use drone.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Here's a question for engineers or others in the business. What material is the body of this UAV/Helo made of?

It could be ABS plastic like some car fenders which I think can be moulded easily into those beautifully fitted parts. I doubt if it is metal and I don't think it is fiberglass either because I think fiberglass involves a lot of manual moulding and curing.

If ABS plastic or some similar material it will be light and strong but will burn like wax at fairly low temperatures
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Shiv, it is meant for exports, I doubt China will employ the best material. I would say this is just some cheap good enough material intended to maximise profits. Anyways China's customers for this kind of platform(saudi arabia, pakistan, Nigeria etc) probably wouldnt care a lot for uav frame material.

I do agree with Chola. China is more of a Lala ji(trader) nation. Not a warrior nation by any stretch.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

darshhan wrote:Shiv, it is meant for exports, I doubt China will employ the best material. I would say this is just some cheap good enough material intended to maximise profits. Anyways China's customers for this kind of platform(saudi arabia, pakistan, Nigeria etc) probably wouldnt care a lot for uav frame material.
Thanks but my question was what is the material. Ultimately that matters a lot - not whether it's cheap or whether Saudis do or don't care.

I have other questions - and these are aimed at anyone who wants to take a shot, including you.

1. What is the mode of communication with these UAVs? What sorts of frequencies are used typically
2. Is the comm usually line-of sight?
3. I suppose some encryption/security could be built in and I am not sure that it would be all that expensive to do that (Am I right?)
4. What would it take to jam the comm signals
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

shiv wrote:
darshhan wrote:Shiv, it is meant for exports, I doubt China will employ the best material. I would say this is just some cheap good enough material intended to maximise profits. Anyways China's customers for this kind of platform(saudi arabia, pakistan, Nigeria etc) probably wouldnt care a lot for uav frame material.
Thanks but my question was what is the material. Ultimately that matters a lot - not whether it's cheap or whether Saudis do or don't care.

I have other questions - and these are aimed at anyone who wants to take a shot, including you.

1. What is the mode of communication with these UAVs? What sorts of frequencies are used typically
2. Is the comm usually line-of sight?
3. I suppose some encryption/security could be built in and I am not sure that it would be all that expensive to do that (Am I right?)
4. What would it take to jam the comm signals
Couldnt find any info on the model on the net. Looks like this mode is named "little liguang" going by the sideways pic of the same model on this page.

However for the other model AV 500W there are some links below.

http://errymath.blogspot.in/2016/11/avi ... Zt0AONlB-E
The AV500W prototype on display in Zhuhai is shown with a mock-up of a 6 kg precision guide bomb that is also under development by AVIC. The weapon features folding fins to reduce its carriage footprint. Source: IHS/Kelvin Wong

The Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) has revealed its latest armed reconnaissance vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) at the Airshow China 2016 exhibition in Zhuhai.

Under development by AVIC's China Helicopter Research and Development Institute (CHRDI), the AV500W is essentially a weaponised variant of the civilian model AV500 VTOL UAV modified to improve its structural rigidity, payload capacity, and overall performance for military applications.

According to official specifications, the AV500W has a maximum take-off weight (MTOW) of 470 kg with a payload capacity of 160 kg. This typically comprises a chin-mounted, stabilised electro-optical infrared (EO/IR) sensor turret to enable the air vehicle to perform day/night reconnaissance, battle damage assessment (BDA), as well as target detection and tracking. Other electronic payloads such as a synthetic aperture radar (SAR) and communications relay devices can be carried internally.

AW500W to perform armed interventions if required. An AVIC spokesperson told IHS Jane's that the example on display is carrying two 6 kg-class precision guided bomb mock-ups. The yet-unnamed weapon is designed to engage static or slow moving targets up to 5 km away via semi-active laser guidance. This is also currently under development alongside a larger, more capable 10 kg variant.

While the company declined to provide details on the engine, it stated that the AV500W features a cruising speed of 170 km/h, with a maximum endurance of 8 hours when configured and lightly loaded for reconnaissance missions. This is reduced to 4 hours when the air vehicle is fully armed. The air vehicle has a specified operating radius of 200 km via line-of-sight (LOS) command protocols, with a service ceiling of 4,000 m (13,123 ft).

IHS Jane's understands that the AV500W is presently in an advanced stage of development with the production-ready design expected to be finalised in 2017, with its first flight targeted for the same year
Some other links

http://shanghaiist.com/2017/09/15/chine ... copter.php

http://m.economictimes.com/news/defence ... 525657.cms

Looks like it is a militarised version of the civilian model
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Their MIC is starting to include many private sector actirs and that will be a dangerous boost to both their manufacturing and innovative capabilities.

As I mentioned above you see a lot of inhouse development projects from their versions of the PSU without explicit government funding. That will expand many fold as the private sector integrates into the MIC.

Don’t know too much about the material but can’t too hard to source plastic or fiberglass from component firms in their auto or ship/boat building industries. Many if not most American SMEs source material for their prototypes entirely from cheen, from what I have researched. I am talking about small, medium-sized car, boat and aircraft makers without access to the eco-system in, say Detroit.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

They’re installing the APAR cloned radar on their new carrier already. It was launched in April onlee. It will undoubtedly beat Vikrant to sea trials at this rate.

But I’m more stunned by the giant container ship dwarfing the carrier. It was put together in the five months since the carrier vacated the drydock. The magic of modular construction.

Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

China's CH-5 UAV conducts live fire trial of new precision weapon

Key Points

The China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation integrated a new 80 kg precision guided missile on its Cai Hong 5 armed reconnaissance UAV
The latest test in northwestern China also enabled engineers to refine the CH-5's sensor systems as well as its payload release mechanisms

China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC) has successfully integrated and launched a new precision guided missile (PGM) on its Cai Hong 5 (Rainbow 5, or CH-5) strike-capable, medium-altitude long-endurance unmanned aerial vehicle (MALE UAV), Jane’s sources have confirmed.

The latest test was staged out of an undisclosed airport in the northwestern province of Gansu during the morning of 21 September, with CASC engineers successfully deploying a new 80 kg-class PGM – carrying a blast fragmentation warhead – via lock-on before launch (LOBL) targeting protocols from a production-model CH-5 at a launch altitude of 11,482 ft.

Further details of the new PGM were not disclosed, although it is understood that the latest effort also enabled engineers to further test and fine-tune the CH-5’s electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) payload as well as its weapons targeting and rail-mounted payload release mechanisms.

“We demonstrated the CH-5’s ability to win the initiative in any battlefield with its reconnaissance and strike ability, and our latest success exemplifies the maturity of our advanced products,” a company spokesperson told Jane’s .

Company sources also revealed to Jane’s that the 45 kg-class AR-1 semi-active laser (SAL) anti-armour missile was successfully integrated and certified for delivery aboard the CH-5 in August.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Doklam faceoff: China deployed more, standoff began earlier
Doklam standoff: China posted over 12,000 soldiers, faceoff began in May, says report
Contrary to public perception that the border standoff between India and China at Doklam involved a small number of troops, the Chinese had posted more than 12,000 soldiers, 150 tanks and artillery guns opposite Sikkim at Phari Dzong in Chumbi Valley during the 73-day standoff, a new book has revealed.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

China released images of AFT-10 anti-tank missile system during the live-fire training

The Ministry of National Defense of the People’s Republic of China has released the new images of the newest AFT-10 anti-tank missile system with the HJ-10 missile during the live-fire training.

The AFT-10 anti-tank missile vehicles attached to a brigade with the PLA Army’s 76th Combined Corps fire missiles down range during the live-fire training on September 20, 2017.

The AFT-10 is a most advanced anti-tank missile system, mounted on the chassis of the ZBD-04A, used by the People’s Liberation Army. The vehicle carries a total of eight guided missiles HJ-10 in two blocks of four missiles. The AFT-10 is conceptually designed in the same class as Spike NLOS.

The AFT-10 has a length of 1,850 mm; width of 165 mm; weight, including launch system, of 150 kg; and a warhead weighing 43 kg. Its solid-rocket booster and micro turbojet engine confer a range of 10 km, a cruise speed of 150 m/s, and an attack speed of 230 m/s.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^Does it work in the summer days of thar dessert?
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

ArjunPandit wrote:^^Does it work in the summer days of thar dessert?
LOL

If they make it all the way to the Thar desert we are kinda of screwed already .....
or were you thinking of buying it to use against their un-natural cousin brothers
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Khalsa wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote:^^Does it work in the summer days of thar dessert?
LOL

If they make it all the way to the Thar desert we are kinda of screwed already .....
or were you thinking of buying it to use against their un-natural cousin brothers
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Actually i was thinking it will be 'gifted' (sold in a CPEC fashion) to their deeper than mountain brothers who will paint it green and name it aurangzeb as a shining example of their super duper MIC
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

^^^ Eh, the PRC will get lowered as a threat by 2025 too because they don’t fight. All you need is Iran or NoKo (if it is still around) or another turd world blowhard to yell “Down with the Great Satan or Dotard” to leapfrog Cheen as a threat.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Video from their helo expo. Looks they are going to attack this space manufacturing-wise like everything else.

Nice very low level aerobatic display by two of their lightweight Z-19 attack copters. Lower specs than the Rudra but they do far better propaganda for sales and a French watcher reported them selling 5.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Their Z-20 Copy Hawk is supposedly finally being inducted into high altitude units in Tibet.

I believe most of their clones like the Flanker, Dauphin and Super Frelon are just TOT.

But this one might be a true RE since the Black Hawk was embargoed since the 1989 Tianenmen Square massacre. It took them close to 30 years to make a copy from the 24 units they received when Unkil was still a pal during their gang up on the Russians in Afghanistan.

No doubt that the usual firang suspects in Cheen’s RE landscape such as Eurocopter and Kamov were heavily involved.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

RE is a great achievement as well. The helo looks impressive. HAL needs to get the heavy helo flying.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Fighting piracy my foot! The Djibouti base is aimed at intercepting enemy merchant shipping and naval forces transiting the Suez canal,and as launch pad for naval ops in the Arabian Sea
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomac ... llow-naval
China plans to build Djibouti facility to allow naval flotilla to dock at first overseas base
New wharf will allow PLA navy to offer support for vessels taking part in anti-piracy patrols off the Somali coast

PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 27 September, 2017,
Researchers are working on T-ray technology to identify and track stealth aircraft. Photo: AP
SOCIETY
China powers up new radar tech to unmask stealth fighters
27 Sep 2017
Chinese troops based in Djibouti staged a live-fire drill less than two months after arrival in the African nation. Photo: Handout

DIPLOMACY & DEFENCE
How China uses military ties to expand reach in Southeast Asia
25 Sep 2017
China is planning to build a multi-purpose wharf that would allow a naval flotilla to dock at its first overseas military base in Djibouti, according to military sources.

The wharf project will be started only when construction work on accommodation for the People’s Liberation Army marines, engineers and workers stationed in the Horn of Africa nation is completed, one of the sources who is familiar with the project told the South China Morning Post.
“Projects such as the multi-purpose naval wharf are complicated. The Chinese navy needs a large-scale pier to offer logistical support for its flotillas conducting anti-piracy operations in Somali waters,” the source said.
“The scale of the wharf should allow for the docking of a four-ship flotilla at least, including China’s new generation Type-901 supply ship with a displacement of more than 40,000 tonnes, destroyers and frigates, as well as amphibious assault ships for combat and humanitarian missions.”
China offers to mediate Djibouti-Eritrea border row as it expands military presence in Africa

China began building what it describes as a 36-hectare logistics base in Djibouti last year, but satellite images suggest its docking facilities for naval vessels, barracks and other pieces of military infrastructure are still under development.
The base lies next to the Doraleh Multipurpose Port, operated by DP World and China Merchants Holding.
SCMP Graphics
The source said Beijing was considering the possibility it would have to assist in the mass evacuation of Chinese citizens in an operation similar to the one conducted in war-torn Yemen in 2015 – meaning the capacity of the wharf would be designed to be as “big as possible” to allow more warships to dock.
Beijing said the base would resupply vessels taking part in peacekeeping and humanitarian missions off the coasts of Yemen and Somalia.
The Chinese destroyer Guangzhou’s 2010 engine problems provided impetus for the development of the base. Photo: Handout
But another source close to the navy said the wharf had originally been designed as a “naval maintenance and repair port” because of an “accident” in 2010.
“China decided to set up a ship maintenance and repair stop in Djibouti after the power system of its Type-052B destroyer Guangzhou broke down when it was carrying out anti-piracy missions in the Gulf of Aden in May of 2010,” the second source said.
“Sailors on the Guangzhou were facing the most embarrassing situation as they didn’t know where they could go and who they should seek help from because Beijing and Djibouti hadn’t formally set up military ties in that time.”
Live-fire show of force by troops from China’s first overseas military base

The African nation is at the southern entrance to the Red Sea along the route to the Suez Canal and is sandwiched between the coasts of Eritrea and Somalia.
It also hosts US, Japanese and French bases.
Djibouti was a former French colony before it became independent in 1977. Paris has continued to provide security and economic assistance and the French navy maintains its largest military base in Africa there.
In 2010 only France offered assistance to the Chinese navy by inviting it “to pay a friendly diplomatic visit” to its naval base, the source said.
According to a People’s Liberation Army Daily report from that year, a Chinese peacekeeping flotilla including the Guangzhou berthed at a naval base in Djibouti for a five-day maintenance and supply port call, but the report failed to specify which country’s base the Chinese warships had docked in.
China sends troops to military base in Djibouti, widening reach across Indian Ocean

The Guangzhou’s engine breakdown further strengthened the Chinese navy’s ambition to set up a permanent overseas base near the pirate-infested Somali waters of the Gulf of Aden, the source close to navy said.
“Anti-piracy and other peacekeeping missions are all long-term strategies related to China’s national interests. It needs to set up a multi-purpose overseas military base as an intermediate terminal for warship maintenance and repair, and let its sailors take a rest,” the source added.
Chinese troops based in Djibouti conduct a live-fire drill. Photo: Handout
Beijing on August 1 announced that Djibouti base had been formally established, with the first Chinese marines stationed there departing on July 11.
Last Friday, the Chinese troops staged their first live-fire drills in what military analysts said was a major show of combat readiness.
The Chinese navy joined the United Nations’ anti-piracy mission in late 2009 to escort merchant vessels in the area, vital waterway for China’s oil supplies and trade.

Researchers are working on T-ray technology to identify and track stealth aircraft. Photo: AP
China powers up new radar tech to unmask stealth fighters
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/ ... e][b]China powers up new radar tech to unmask stealth fighters
Chinese arms firm tests T-ray system designed to penetrate anti-detection coatings on aircraft[/b]
PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 27 September, 2017, 9:02pm
Stephen Chen

The end of stealth? New Chinese radar capable of detecting ‘invisible’ targets 100km away
12 Jun 2017

China North Industries Group Corporation tested a device capable of generating terahertz radiation with unprecedented power at a military research facility in Chengdu, Sichuan province, last week, Science and Technology Daily reported on Monday.
Terahertz radiation, or T-rays, can penetrate composite materials to reach underlying metallic layers and is widely used in industrial plants to spot product defects.
Terahertz radars are already capable of finding a concealed weapon in a crowd from hundreds of metres away, and a more powerful version is under development to put on an early warning aircraft or satellite to identify and track military aircraft, including the US’ F-22 and F-35 stealth fighters.
China unveils its answer to US Reaper drone - how does it compare?

Attempts to realise military applications for T-ray technology have been limited by the bulk and low power output of terahertz generators. The rays fall on the spectrum between microwaves and light and cannot be produced by conventional radio or optical devices.
The China Academy of Engineering Physics tested a terahertz radar on a helicopter model in 2015. Photo: China Academy of Engineering Physics
The report said the new device could generate stable, continuous radiation at an average level up to 18 watts, and terahertz pulses with peak power close to one megawatt, on par with some military radars.
A technical executive at a vendor in China for T-ray devices used in F-35 manufacturing said the reported power levels of the device were “more than a million times higher than the power of the T-ray device used to measure the thickness of coatings on the F-35”.
“The radar-absorbent coatings on the F-35 will look as thin and transparent as stockings if [the Chinese instrument] is as powerful as they claim,” the executive said.
The end of stealth? New Chinese radar capable of detecting ‘invisible’ targets 100km away

“It looks like they will soon be able to have an echo image of the F-35 with some high-definition details ... from a respectable distance.”
China has claimed that some of its existing very-high-frequency military radar can detect traces of stealth aircraft but doubters say the microwaves from those devices would be absorbed or deflected by stealth materials.
Qi Jiaran, deputy director of the department of microwave engineering at the Harbin Institute of Technology, said the new instrument could be a game changer.
Qi, a terahertz imaging specialist not directly involved in the Chengdu project, said the report suggested that China had made a breakthrough in some key technology and components.
‘T-ray specs’ that bestow on wearer Superman-like power to see through clothing now a step closer to reality

But the technology was still bulky and could not be fitted easily on a plane or satellite.
“Field deployment may require power output at the kilowatt level. There is still a long way to go before we can monitor stealth fighters or bombers from space,” Qi said.
The new instrument was developed by the China Academy of Engineering Physics in Mianyang, the nation’s largest research institute for the development and production of nuclear weapons.
According to the academy’s website, efforts were under way to increase the device’s power output and shrink its size for military applications.[/quote]
rkhanna
BRFite

Post by rkhanna »

China just conducted its first live fire exercise. While there are reports that Japanese combat divers tested the defenses of PLAN ships in harbor.

Japan also has a base close to the Chinese