Terroristan - 29 September 2017

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - 29 September 2017

Post by RCase »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 068324.cms
How did a woman from Kent join ISIS and become the 'White Widow'?
One of Britain's most notorious terrorists is thought to have been killed in a drone strike on an Isis stronghold in Raqqa, Syria.
Sally-Anne Jones, who went by the name "Umma Hussain al Britani" and "Sakinah Hussain", in Syria, was dubbed the "White Widow" by the press for her role in masterminding terror plots as well as being a propagandist and top recruiter for Isis. It is thought she was killed as she was fleeing Raqqa - Isis' self-declared capital, where many fighters are making their last stand against US-backed coalition forces.
Who was Sally-Anne Jones?
Jones was a 50-year-old mother-of-two who left the UK with one of her sons in 2013 to join the "caliphate" in its early days. Her son was eight or nine at the time. When she arrived she was married to Junaid Hussain, a British-Pakistani computer hacker who discovered the identities of 1,300 US personnel, many of whom were serving at UK air bases. Hussain was killed in a US drone strike in 2015, aged 21, when he ventured out without Jones' son, who was routinely used as a human shield by the pair. Following his death Jones became known as "the White Widow".
Jones was reportedly responsible for publishing the names and details of the military personnel her husband had hacked - in a bid to allow Isis terrorrists to target them.
Every Terror plot has a Terroristani connection!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakistan starts to cave in to US pressure, ready to throw Haqqanis under the bus
WASHINGTON: In a validation of long-held suspicion that Pakistan uses terror groups as proxies to further state objectives, Islamabad has managed the release of an American-Canadian couple from terrorist custody, ingratiating itself to Washington in the process, following intense pressure from the Trump administration.
US President Donald Trump himself disclosed on Thursday that his administration had secured the release of an American citizen and her Canadian husband who had been taken captive in 2012 and held hostage by the Haqqani network, a terrorist organization the US had once described as a veritable ''fighting arm of the Pakistani intelligence agency ISI.''
''Yesterday, the United States government, working in conjunction with the Government of Pakistan, secured the release of the Boyle-Coleman family from captivity in Pakistan,'' Trump said in a statement on Thursday, referring to Caitlan Coleman and Joshua Boyle who were kidnapped near the Pak-Afghan border, without details as to how they were released. The statement disclosed that Ms. Coleman gave birth to the couple's three children while they were in captivity.
The release came days after Washington turned the heat on Pakistan's Foreign Minister Khwaja Asif during his visit to the US, following up on warnings - including some issued by President Trump himself -- that the US would take punitive action against Pakistan for its continued sponsorship of terrorism. The steps being considered included aid cut off, resumption of drone strikes, ending its status as a major non-NATO ally, and in an extreme scenario, designation of Pakistan as a state sponsor of terrorism.
A Pakistani bank and its national airline PIA also came under intense scrutiny and pressure as the US tightened the screws, with Trump administration officials warning that they would act in consort with their Nato allies to bring Pakistan to heel.
Despite a public show of bravado, the first sign of Pakistan capitulating came when Foreign Minister Asif returned to Islamabad and announced Pakistan was ready for joint operation with the US to destroy Haqqani Network, virtually throwing its terrorist proxies under the bus. ISPR Mouthpiece Ghafoor has however contradicted "loud mouth" Asif , saying that Paki territory will not be allowed for such operations !It was the US General Mike Mullen who had once described the Haqqani network as a virtual ''fighting arm of the ISI.'
The Pakistani cave-in also came at a time its economy is on the verge of a collapse, with an imminent devaluation on the cards following a steep decline in exports and a growing trade deficit, among other economic woes. Infusion of foreign money and institutional support is seen as necessary to save the country's economy despite its much-ballyhooed support from China. The concern about the economy has led to COAS Bajwa putting his "two paisa" worth of advice saying that Pakistan is "swimming in too much debt" :mrgreen:
Pakistan had its own spin on the purported rescue. Pakistan Army in collaboration with intelligence agencies recovered on Thursday US-Canadian couple and their three children who captured from Afghanistan in 2012, the Pakistani media quoted Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) as saying.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Rebels Target Paki Army Plane :roll:

Three officers injured as Pak Army’s plane crashes in South Waziristan
SOUTH WAZIRISTAN – An army aviation plane crashed near South Waziristan’s Wana stadium on Friday, injuring three officers.
The Mashak aircraft had taken off from Wana field strip for Kohat. The injured officers were identified as Lt Col Murad, Major Nasir Tareen and Major Shahid, the Express Tribune reported.The crash took place due to a technical fault in the air-conditioning system and the engine of the plane.Security forces cordoned the area and secured the plane’s wreckage, while the officers were shifted to the local field camp, where their condition is stated to be stable. Too early to say what happened , engine failure, weather condition , pilot error, target by tribal militants . Paki fauj will most likely play down the incident as usual :mrgreen:
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Of course the whole thing is staged. Look at the happy well fed faces of the children. One even has a pacifier, like the Taliban has them and issues them to the needy. Now compare the picture to the 'happy' faces of real Afghan Children:

Real Afghan Children
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Waaaiiit a doggone minute!! This story gets murkier and murkier by the minute like a loose paki shalwar. Did we not read somewhere that the paki special forces killed several kidnappers in a brave hand to hand combat? So how in the heck did that story turn to this mundane one?
Agents from Pakistan's Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) spy agency and soldiers attempted to intercept the vehicle, but it sped away, according to the security source. (so the tellibunnies did not try and kill their "hostages" during this high speed chase?)

"Our troops fired at the vehicle and burst its tires," (wow, great shots from a speeding, pursuing car to a car trying to avoid it) he said, declining to be identified because he is not authorized to speak openly to the media. (A speeding swerving car with its tires burst will roll over nine times out of ten)

The kidnappers managed to escape, the security official added, saying the troops wouldn't fire at the fleeing captors for fear of harming the hostages. (If they are fleeing without the hostages, where is the harm in shooting them?) The army recovered the hostages safely from the car.
Wow. Just plain wow. In my 55 + years of existence on this earth, that's one heck of a cock and bull story I have ever heard (and in my business I have heard a lot). Where are the dead Haqqanis that the brave momeens had supposedly killed? Got to find that news article that came from DG-ISPR who first claimed this.

Haqqani khush hua!
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Falijee wrote:Rebels Target Paki Army Plane :roll:

The Mashak aircraft had taken off from Wana field strip for Kohat.
Aren't mushaks meant for two people? How did the third mard-e-momeen get in or fit in? Also, the article claims fault with the air conditioning system was the cause of the crash. That's a first. Someone must have opened the canopy to get some fresh air.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Trump bhi to khush hua? I think its a poor story even by their standards, seems like 'brightest' lot gets posted on their eastern border or they have seen too many rohit shetty movies
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

anupmisra wrote:
Falijee wrote:Rebels Target Paki Army Plane :roll:

Aren't mushaks meant for two people? How did the third mard-e-momeen get in or fit in? Also, the article claims fault with the air conditioning system was the cause of the crash. That's a first. Someone must have opened the canopy to get some fresh air.
Third one is shahid
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Here you go. Paki lies and then uber paki lies. Dont know who to believe anymore.
Oct. 11, 2017: Coleman, Boyle and their children are freed. According to the Toronto Star, the family was being transported in the trunk of a car when they were rescued. A shootout ensued, and all five kidnappers were (conveniently) killed. Boyle was injured by shrapnel but said he's recovering and “doing well for someone who spent the last five years in an underground prison.”
According to the latest paki ISPR report, there were only two tellibunny kidnappers, who escaped on foot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... c673da15c2
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

As predicted, the story is on the boil (no pun intended) and slowly starting to unravel.

Pakistan's story about rescuing Caitlan Coleman doesn't quite add up
I don't believe Pakistan was motivated by moral interest in releasing U.S. hostage Caitlan Coleman and her family, and I'm skeptical of Pakistan's account of the rescue.
An ally of the Pakistani and Afghan Taliban, and a committed adversary of the United States, the Haqqani network is half-mafia, half-terrorist. Crucially relevant, however, the Haqqanis are also supported and influenced by powerful elements of the Pakistani establishment. Most notably, Pakistan's ISI intelligence service.
But if the Haqqanis and key Pakistani government officials are close, as they are, why did they release these hostages without a reciprocal U.S. prisoner exchange?
According to the Toronto Star, Coleman's husband, Joshua Boyle "told his parents that he was in the trunk of the kidnappers' car with his wife and children when Pakistani forces rescued them. He said his kidnappers were killed in a shootout that left him with minor shrapnel wounds. The last words Boyle said he heard from the kidnappers were, 'kill the hostages.'"
Similarly, the Pakistani army claims that it received U.S. intelligence on the hostages' whereabouts, surrounded the kidnappers vehicle, and then heroically rescued the family. On paper, the shootout suggests this rescue wasn't the result of a deal between Pakistani officials and the Haqqani network.
After all, thanks to longstanding double-dealing between the Haqqani network, the ISI, Pakistani military, and other officials, Pakistan is normally very hesitant to take on the group.
It also raises my eyebrow that the kidnappers apparently escaped the gun battle. That circumstance leads me to believe that the Pakistanis may have bought off or ordered the Haqqanis to release the hostages and staged the rescue for U.S. consumption.
Watch this space, folks. Watch the pakis start back-pedaling in the next day or two as they often do. This story has more holes than their constitution.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pakis ... le/2637352
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Come to think of it, it all starts to make sense that the whole thing was staged for the gullible liberal press. Within three hours of hearing that the American drones had the haqqanis in their sights, the Pakis convinced the haqqanis to let the boyles go (kit and kaboodle and all) or else otherwise face the wrath of the US fire power. It was agreed between them to stage this "car chase". The boyles were conveniently stored in the trunk (dickie, for you guys) so that they could not watch the hand shakes and the exchange while "shots rang out", "tires were burst", and man-boyle heard one of the kidnappers say "kill the hostages" (in English, mind you) who then conveniently took off (on foot, with no chase by the pakis).

Bravo. Pakis. Bravo!!
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Falijee wrote:
PS: The "mother of all embarrassment movement", IMO, has to be the 1971 UN Speech of Dus Percenti's father -in- law, the megalomaniac Z.A. Bhutto. When he tore up the Resolution -on ending the Bangla -desh War- in front of the UN General Assembly and stormed out of the UN Building in front of the Whole World TV Audience . Most observers , at that time, had commented, that he was most likely "Under The Influence" ( UTI) :twisted:
I happened to see that event live on TV. I was ( group watching the event consisted of most american students with just one or two Indian students) were *very* disappointed in Indian Rep.. (He was really awful -with terrible speaking skills) and Paki could at least speak english correctly. Bhutto, who was Berkeley Educated and was much easy to understand had his fans.. till then!!!
His famous quote "I am NOT A RAT and I am not ratting" was priceless... it was repeated endlessly in the evening news then. Some of my american students came to know him as a "rat" after that speech. :)
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Ahsan Iqbal is going to have his Ass assination :rotfl:

DG ISPR should refrain from commenting on economic issues: Ahsan Iqbal

The chief military spokesperson should not be commenting on national economy, Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal said on Friday – a day after Major General Asif Ghafoor said, “If Pakistan’s economy is not bad, it’s not good either”.

“DG ISPR [the director general, Inter-Services Public Relations] should refrain from commenting on national economy,” said the minister while speaking to journalists informally in Washington on Friday. “Irresponsible statements could hurt Pakistan’s global image,” he added.

Maj Gen Ghafoor made the comment in an interview with a private TV channel on Thursday – a day after army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa voiced concerns at the country’s ‘sky high’ debt and called for broadening tax base and bringing in financial discipline to break the ‘begging bowl’.

Addressing a seminar on ‘Interplay of Economy and Security’ in Karachi on Wednesday, Gen Qamar said Pakistan’s economy was showing mixed indicators as “the growth has picked up, but the debts are also sky high”.

Conversely, Iqbal, who is currently touring the United States, said Pakistan’s economy was much more stable as compared to the situation in 2013.

“We have seen a rise in imports as the industrial sector is investing in the power sector. There is nothing to be alarmed about,” he added.

“Revenue generation has witnessed a twofold increase because of the improvement in the tax collection system.”

He said Pakistan’s current development budget was its biggest in the country’s history.

“We don’t need to seek a bailout package from the International Monetary Fund (IMF),” he added. “The government has allocated more funds and resources for security purposes.” He means the Defence Budget!

Analysts say the apparent spat show growing unease in civil-military relationship. Earlier this month, the interior minister also had a tiff with Rangers when he was denied entry into Islamabad’s accountability courts by paramilitary troops.

Incensed by the incident, Ahsan said he would not allow a “state within the state” and ordered an inquiry into deployment of the Rangers outside the courts as the administration had denied it had called in the paramilitary troops.

He had threatened to resign if he could not find out who had deployed the Rangers when deposed premier Nawaz Sharif was appearing before the accountability court in connection with a corruption reference against him.

Later the DG ISPR said the Rangers were deployed at the courts due to security threats. “It is not compulsory for every order to be written,” he said while referring to the deployment order.

However, he defended the Rangers saying the paramilitary troops performing their duty at the court should be appreciated.

“A soldier deployed [somewhere] performs his duty, and if he is told not to allow irrelevant people… it is possible [to consider] someone who does not have [credentials] as an irrelevant person,” he had said.

Interior minister’s ‘unwarranted attack on ISPR’

Meanwhile, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan (Prime Mister - Aspirant)termed Iqbal’s statement an “unwarranted attack on ISPR”, saying the statement was part of the ‘Dawn leaks’ agenda.

Cheers Image
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Amber G. wrote:
His famous quote "I am NOT A RAT and I am not ratting" was priceless... it was repeated endlessly in the evening news then. Some of my american students came to know him as a "rat" after that speech. :)
Here is from NYTimes of that day: (posting in full for perspective.. At that time in UNSC India had no friends except Russia, and Pakis had support from everyone.. even then he blew up.. :rotfl:

Zulfikar Ali Bhutto denouncing U.N. Security Council
UNITED NATIONS, N. Y., Dec. 15—Pakistan's Foreign Minister, Zulfikar All Bhutto, his face streaked with tears, walked out of the Security Council today after accusing it of “legalizing aggression.”

Outside the chamber, he said: “I hate this body. I don't want to see their faces again. I'd rather go back to a destroyed Pakistan.”

Then, followed by seven grim‐faced members of his delegation, including the regular representative, Agha Shah!, Mr. Bhutto strode down the carpeted main hall past milling groups of surprised diplomats, and was driven off in a misty rain.

Mr. Bhutto did not specify the immediate reason for his action. But, in referring to “dilatory tactics” and “filibustering,” he appeared to allude to successive vetoes by the Soviet Union — a supporter of India — of resolutions calling for troop withdrawals.

Mr. Bhutto's parting words to the Council, before he ripped up his notes, pushed back his chair and rose, were these:

“Mr. President, I am not a rat. I've never ratted in my life. I have faced assassination attempts, I've faced imprisonment. Today I am not ratting, but I am leaving your Security Council.

“I find it disgaceful to my person and to my country to remain here a moment longer. Impose any decision, have a treaty worse than Versailles, legalize aggression, legalize occupation—I will not be a party to it. We will fight. My country harkens for me.

“Why should I waste my time here in the Security Council? I will not be a party to the ignonimous surrender of part of my country. You can take your Security Council; here you are. I am going,”

The Debate Resumes

The delegates around the circular table looked on expressionless as he left the chamber. A few moments later the Council President, Ismael B. TaylorKamera, gave the floor to Rachid Driss of Tunisia and the debate droned on as it had yesterday and the day before.

On his march through the corridor, Mr. Bhutto said that Pakistan was not breaking relations with the Council or the United Nations.

“Ambassador Shahi will be available,” he said.

Council Meets Twice

The Council met twice again in the evening. The Chinese and Soviet delegates, who were the main speakers in the first evening session, exchanged bitter charges of big power politics and ideological betrayal.

But in the second session, which started shortly before 11 P.M., there was a hint that the big power deadlock might be broken tomorrow.

The delegates from Britain and France, Sir Colin Crowe and Jacques Kosciusko‐Morizet, introduced a joint proposal whose main provisions called for a cease‐fire and for a comprehensive political settlement between Pakistan and the secessionist insurgents.

Yakov A. Malik of the Soviet Union also introduced a resolution calling for a cease‐fire and a “simultaneous” political settlement. Western diplomats linked his brief and muttered statement to the fact that news reports arriving in the Council chamber during the evening foreshadowed the imminent fall of Dacca.

Many of these diplomats have been assuming that the Soviet Union, which has been supporting India, would permit the Council to act once Dacca had fallen.

The Council adjourned around midnight without a vote until tomorrow.

The Council was initially called into session hurriedly at 12:30 P.M. at Mr. Bhutto's, request.

At first it appeared that Mr. Bhutto left in anger over the British‐French Initiative. During the Council meeting he hurled an implied charge of cowardice at the two delegations, which had abstained previously on all resolutions calling for cease‐fire and withdrawal.

“Gallic logic and British experience, whatever it is,” he scoffed. “Remember that there is no such thing as a neutral animal. I respect the Russians for having a clear position.” But after his walkout, Mr. Bhutto said that his delegation had not rejected the BritishFrench draft.

His voice often breaking, Mr. Bhutto told the Council that his 11‐year‐old son called him from Pakistan to say, “Don't come back with a document of surrender.”

‘Imperative to Come Here’

“I felt that it was imperative for me to come here and to seek justice from the Security Council,” Mr. Bhutto said. “But I must say that the Security Council has denied my country that justice. From the moment I arrived we have been caught by dilatory tactics.

“The Security Council, I am afraid, has excelled in the art of filibustering. With some cynicism I watched yesterday a full hour wasted on whether the members would be ready to meet. at 9:30 A.M. or bed and breakfast required that they should meet at 11 A.M.

“The representative of Somalia referred to the population of East Pakistan as 56 million, but later on he corrected himself to say 76 million. If he had waited for a few more days, he need not have corrected himself, because millions are dying.

‘Monument for the Veto’

“We have been frustrated by the veto. Let's build a monument for the veto. Let's build a monument for impotence and incapacity.

“But remember the Biblical saying: ‘As you sow so shall you reap.’ Today we are the guniea pigs but there will he others.”

Turning to Yakov A. Malik, the Soviet delegate, Mr. Bhutto said: “You throw out your chest and you pound the table. You don't talk like Comrade Malik, but like Czar Malik. I am glad you are smiling. I am not, my heart is breaking.”

Later in his suite at he Pierre Hotel, Mr. Bhutto said that he favored negotiation with the East Pakistani secessionists but under one condition —namely that Pakistan be recognized as an entity. He indi rated that the tie between East end West Pakistan could he very loose.

How could such negotiations hr held if Dacca fell? he was asked. He answered: “I think the secessionist leaders will find it in their interest not to close the door on Pakistan. They will want to talk with both India and Pakistan.”

Mr. Bhutto added that he accepted the British ‐ French resolution as a basis for negotiation provided it did not specify that one negotiating partner was Bangladesh, or Bengal Nation, the independent country proclaimed by the Bengali insurgents in the East.

Notes Soviet ‘Pressure’

Mr. Bhutto said that the Soviet Union had exerted “tremendous pressure” in messages not only to Pakistan but also to other Asian countries since the beginning of the crisis. The Russians have outdone the Indians,” he said.

He expressed concern that having won a free hand in East Pakistan, India, with Soviet support, might move into the Pakistani part of Kashmir, thus provoking a Chinese intervention.

Throughout the interview there was a strong suggestion that the Pakistani military Gov ernment was incapable of coping with the present situation and that it was essential for Pakistan to return to popular government.

During the interview Mr. Bhutto received a call from his 18‐year‐old daughter, who is studying government at Harvard. His part of the conversation went like this:

“I didn't storm out, I walked out. It was too much of a farce. I had to inject some truth. No. I didn't lose my temper.”
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Pakistan took 'tremendous advantage' of US for years: Donald Trump

WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump on Friday said that Pakistan took "tremendous advantage" of the US over the years, but is now "starting to have a real" relationship. Trump will surely have to swallow his words!

Trump's remarks came a day after Pakistan secured the release of an American-Canadian family+ from the clutches of the Haqqani terror network, five years after they were abducted.

"Yesterday, things happened with Pakistan," said the US president.

"I have openly said Pakistan took tremendous advantage of our country for many years, but we're starting to have a real relationship with Pakistan, and they're starting to respect us as a nation again, and so are other nations," Trump said.

"They are starting to respect the United States of America again,
" Oh, Really! he said and thanked the leaders of Pakistan for "what they've been doing".

"In this administration, we will call evil by its name," Trump said.

American citizen Caitlan Coleman and her Canadian husband Joshua Boyle along with their three children were rescued from the Haqqani network yesterday after an operation by Pakistani forces based on intelligence from the US authorities.

Trump had slammed Pakistan for its continued support to terrorist groups and warned Islamabad of consequences if it continues to do so while announcing his Afghan and south Asia policy in August.

President Trump yesterday hailed the release of the hostages from Taliban captivity. He said their release was a "positive moment" for US relations with Pakistan.

Trump also praised Pakistan for its willingness to "do more to provide security in the region" and said the release suggests other "countries are starting to respect the United States of America once again." Now he is disillusioned!

Cheers Image
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

I apologize but I am not giving in so easily on the "Pakis on the Boyle" matter. Here's more.

When chasing a suspect or criminal in a car, why don't the police shoot the tire?
Shooting a tire would at best deflate one tire, which would make driving at high speed of the pursued vehicle unpredictable.

Secondly, it is virtually impossible to take aim from one moving car to hit accurately on another moving car.

Thirdly, it has been shown by experiment that a tire hit by a bullet does not necessarily deflate.

Fourthly, only the back tires are available to be shot at in most cases.

Fifthly, a hand gun is only accurate up to about fifteen feet, even in the hands of an expert.

Sixthly, bullets from handguns likely to be used by the police are not as powerful as weapons used by the military.

Seventhly, if the police car was behind the pursuing car (as against alongside it), then it could cause the police car to crash into the pursuded car.

Eigthly, if the police car was alongside the pursued car then then it would be better to fire at the car engine.

Ninethly, if the police car was close enough to shoot at the police car it would be better (and more common) for the police car to nudge the pursued car so it spins out of control without crashing.

Tenthly, unless the chase was in daylight on an uncrowded road with a low chance of other traffic and pedestrians being affected, bullets can ricochet dangerously when they hit moving targets.
How did the pakis allow US drones (there were three) miles deep into their territory?

https://www.quora.com/When-chasing-a-su ... to-do-that
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Pakistan’s path to sanity - Lt. Gen (R) Talat Masood

Pakistan remains mired in its own follies. There is not one but several examples that one can quote when its policies have been self-destructive. But the most frequent, damaging and obvious is the civil-military divide.

This is no ordinary matter that can continue to be overlooked and accepted as fait accompli for it has cost the nation grief, lowered its international image, reduced national power and allowed foreign powers to exploit the weakness. The latest manifestation of this is when Ahsan Iqbal was denied entry into the courtroom where the trial of Nawaz Sharif was in progress. It was a bizarre spectacle and should be a matter of serious concern. Who was right or who was wrong can be debated endlessly. But what is significant it demonstrates the lack of trust and divisions between civilian and military outfits. Adding to these concerns was the marathon corps commanders’ conference that lasted seven hours and ended without the formal ISPR statement or a tweet giving a clear signal that all is not well. And the subsequent press briefing by the DG ISPR left no one in doubt as to who was in charge.

Irrespective of which institution is more or less credible, Pakistan clearly is its first casualty when institutions lack harmony. Its reputation, dignity, national power and international prestige do get compromised. This clearly indicates that in Pakistan narrow institutional interests supersede genuine national benefits.

What event or (God forbid) greater catastrophe would shake us to correct our national direction? Loss of East Pakistan, the shame that the Kargil adventure brought us to name a few, was not enough. To expect that the current joint US-India pressure will shake us from this slumber will be an over-optimistic expectation.

We have a history when institutions have tried to weaken political parties through manipulation by making them fight one another. Or play with election outcomes and maintain their superiority. The most classic example of this meddling occurred in the 1990s with one of the major political parties being an accomplice in it. One only hopes that political parties and the military have learnt from the past and will not make the same mistake again.

When General Musharraf wanted to make peace with India and settle the Kashmir dispute by accepting the status quo with minor changes, it found broad acceptability. But when the PML-N leadership and other political parties want to engage with India and open trade and commerce and place the issue of Kashmir at the back burner until relations between the two countries improve there is a completely different response. Although in the not too distant future, with resistance to Indian occupation increasing especially in the valley, it is very much in the realm of possibility that India may be left with no option but to seek a political resolution of the dispute. This may turn out to be a better option for the beleaguered Kashmiris.

Having a different approach or policy should not be branded as a sell-out of core interests. Apart from being a democratic norm to hold different views there is no exclusivity or monopoly in patriotism.

What is conveniently ignored that foreign countries, especially India and the US, take full advantage of this civil-military divide. Washington prefers to talk to the military command in Pakistan rather than the civilian leadership. The latest meetings of President Ashraf Ghani with the COAS indicate the same. They know where the hub of power lies.

A more distressing feature is that the civil-military divide is getting wider. This trend is more obvious since removal of the Prime Minister by the judiciary. There is little realisation that internal feuding is harming the country. In all probability it will intensify, as we get closer to election time.

Just as individuals do not voluntarily abandon power so do institutions as experience of ours and other countries reminds us. If our civilian leadership on both sides of the aisle were to rise above the present quibbling, make a determined effort at improving performance in governance, legislation and addressing economic challenges there is possibility that it will instill confidence in the people and the military leadership to move towards being a normal democratic country. But it is a big “if” and my readers probably would tell me “dream on”. They would be justified in being dismissive and pessimistic but my question to them and others, is there an alternative. Can this country afford this slippery path with all the challenges hovering around?

As a first initiative, the Senate chairman’s proposal to initiate a dialogue between institutions should be taken seriously. I would suggest that if there are constitutional or traditional impediments a retired chief justice or Supreme Court judge could be a part of this panel instead of the serving one. There is, however, an urgency of constituting this body as elections are round the corner and more importantly to deflect external pressure that keeps mounting, as they perceive our internal weaknesses. In parallel our think tanks should seriously address this problem and suggest ways how other nations struggling with similar problems were able to overcome them.

All this would only be possible when the stakeholders recognise the seriousness of our internal crisis and are willing to and have the ability to take a more radical approach at setting it right.

It would be no exaggeration to expect that if progress were made in this sphere space for improvement in several areas of governance and policy would emerge. If need is felt that Pakistan due to its unique history and circumstances requires transitional solutions without losing sight of the ultimate goal of a true democratic state these could also be adopted by consensus.

Politics of hate and continuous lashing of political opponents further weakens our fragile democracy and makes the task of improving the lives of the people difficult. For years the country has suffered from religious, sectarian and ethnic bigotry and civil-military imbalance. It is time institutions started working in unison to actualise the positive potential of our nation.

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

The Love of the World's only Religion of Peace Followers in the Land of the Pure and the Home of the Terrororists :

Canadian says child killed, U.S. wife raped during Afghan kidnapping

OTTAWA/TORONTO: A U.S.-Canadian couple freed in Pakistan this week, nearly five years after being abducted in Afghanistan, returned to Canada on Friday where the husband said one of his children had been murdered and his wife had been raped.

American Caitlan Coleman and her Canadian husband, Joshua Boyle, were kidnapped while backpacking in Afghanistan in 2012 by the Taliban-allied Haqqani network. They arrived in Canada with three of their children.

“Obviously, it will be of incredible importance to my family that we are able to build a secure sanctuary for our three surviving children to call a home,” Boyle told reporters after arriving at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport, wearing a black sweatshirt and sporting a beard.

Pakistani troops rescued the family in the northwest of the country, near the Afghan border, this week. The United States has long accused Pakistan of failing to fight the Taliban-allied Haqqani network.

“The stupidity and the evil of the Haqqani network in the kidnapping of a pilgrim ... was eclipsed only by the stupidity and evil of authorizing the murder of my infant daughter,” Boyle said, reading from a statement, in a calm voice.

“And the stupidity and evil of the subsequent rape of my wife, not as a lone action, but by one guard, but assisted by the captain of the guard and supervised by the commandant.”

He did not elaborate on what he meant by “pilgrim”, or on the murder or rape. Coleman was not at the news conference.

Boyle said the Taliban, who he referred to by their official name - the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan - had carried out an investigation last year and conceded that the crimes against his family were perpetrated by the Haqqani network.

He called on the Taliban “to provide my family with the justice we are owed”.

“God willing, this litany of stupidity will be the epitaph of the Haqqani network,” said an exhausted-looking Boyle.

He did not take questions form reporters.

The family traveled from Pakistan to London and then to Toronto.

Boyle provided a written statement to the Associated Press on one of their flights saying his family had “unparalleled resilience and determination.”

AP reported that Coleman wore a tan-colored headscarf and sat with the two older children in the business class cabin. Boyle sat with their youngest child on his lap.

U.S. State Department officials were on the plane with them, AP added.

‘HELPING VILLAGERS’

One of the children was in poor health and had to be force-fed by their Pakistani rescuers, Boyle told AP.

Reuters could not independently confirm the details.

They are expected to travel to Boyle’s family home in Smiths Falls, 80 km (50 miles) southwest of Ottawa, to be reunited with his parents.

Canada has been actively engaged with Boyle’s case at all levels and would continue to support the family, the Canadian government said in a statement.

“At this time, we ask that the privacy of Mr Boyle’s family be respected,” it said.

The journey home was complicated by Boyle’s refusal to board a U.S. military aircraft in Pakistan, according to two U.S. officials who spoke on condition of anonymity. Boyle instead asked to be flown to Canada.

But Boyle said he never refused to board any mode of transportation that would bring him closer to home.

Boyle had once been married to the sister of an inmate at the U.S. military detention center at Guantanamo Bay. The marriage ended and the inmate was later released to Canada.

The families of the captives have been asked repeatedly why Boyle and Coleman had been backpacking in such a dangerous region. Coleman was pregnant at the time.

Boyle told the news conference he had been in Afghanistan helping “villagers who live deep inside Taliban-controlled Afghanistan where no NGO, no aid worker, and no government” had been able to reach.

The Taliban and Haqqani network share the same goals of forcing out foreign troops and ousting the U.S.-backed government in Kabul but they are distinct organizations with separate command structures.

Cheers Image
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Starting to develop a much better relationship with Pakistan, US President Donald Trump tweets
United States President Donald Trump on Saturday said that the country "is beginning to develop better relationship with Pakistan and its leadership." Trump also thanked Pakistan for its cooperation on numerous fronts.

Starting to develop a much better relationship with Pakistan and its leaders. I want to thank them for their cooperation on many fronts.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) 1507942439000

Earlier, while addressing a gathering at the Values Voter Summit, Trump said things happened with Pakistan, but America is starting to have a real relationship with it.

"I have openly said Pakistan took tremendous advantage of our country for many years, but we're starting to have a real relationship with Pakistan, and they're to respect us as a nation again, and so are other nations," Trump said, adding that the Pakistan and other countries have started to have respect for the US again.

Trump's remark came after a high-level delegation from the US visited Pakistan on October 13, to repair the strained bilateral ties between the two countries.

Both the countries have mutually agreed to continue bilateral engagements at all levels and strengthen their relationship to defeat terrorism.{Of course}
Expected turn of events.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

SSridhar wrote:Starting to develop a much better relationship with Pakistan, US President Donald Trump tweets
United States President Donald Trump on Saturday said that the country "is beginning to develop better relationship with Pakistan and its leadership." Trump also thanked Pakistan for its cooperation on numerous fronts.
Expected turn of events.
Until the "next crisis" crops up, and the cycle will repeat itself :mrgreen:

PS: "Aid spigot" now going to be opened :roll:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Quetta On The Boil :roll:

Gunmen shoot cop dead in Quetta
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Farce Of Paki Justice ? Conflict Of Interest "Thrown Out Of The Window" ?

Judges in their own case?
ISLAMABAD: Four sitting SC justices, a recently retired one and 21 serving high courts judges are vying for residential plots in the Supreme Court Bar Association Housing Scheme (SCBAHS) at a time when the apex court is hearing the society’s unique case to get a sector developed by the government for a private body in the federal capital.
But one should not be "surprised" at this gol-maal cum shenanigans which is Pakiland ! Right connections, "right sifarish" can go a long way in making a mockery of the law. This is only one more example for what goes inside the mafia "family of corrupt judges" :mrgreen:
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Despite hostage rescue, tensions remain between US and Pakistan

ISLAMABAD: The freeing of a hostage US-Canadian family by Pakistan's army has been hailed by officials as a positive step in mending ties between Washington and Islamabad, but those hoping for a fresh start in their fraught relationship seem likely to be disappointed.

Pakistan and the United States have for years been - at best - uneasy allies in the war against the Taliban and other Islamist extremists.

US President Donald Trump said the raid that rescued American Caitlan Campbell, her Canadian husband Joshua Boyle and their three young children showed that Pakistan had started to "respect the United States again" in response to his administration's tough-talking tactics.

But the two countries still have conflicting interests - and the Trump administration's vow to apply more diplomatic pressure on Pakistan is unlikely to work, given Islamabad's growing alliance with regional heavyweight China, say analysts.

"This is a small occurrence between Pakistan and the US, and it should not be confused with the big issues that separate Pakistan and the US," said Pakistani security analyst Imtiaz Gul.

On Friday, five years after they were kidnapped in Afghanistan, Campbell and Boyle flew home with the three children born while they were captives of the Haqqani network, a feared Taliban sub-group that Washington particularly accuses Pakistan of failing to do enough to fight.

Some saw the timing as a goodwill gesture ahead of upcoming visits by US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis.

"I don't think it's a coincidence that this hostage release was announced when you have a parade of top Trump administration officials in Islamabad to deliver strongly worded warnings to Pakistan," said Michael Kugelman, a South Asia specialist at the Woodrow Wilson Center. Vow! Michael Kugelman 's Woodrow Wilson Center is a Totally Dedicate Unequivocal Supporter of Terroristan SINCE DAY ONE!

He added that no one should take the good news as a definite sign that Pakistan would drastically change its behaviour towards terrorists such at the Haqqanis.

"Going after hostages is not the same thing as going after the terrorists holding them," he said.

The United States has repeatedly accused Pakistan of not doing enough to eliminate terror havens on its territory.

Cooperation, and mistrust

For now, officials on both sides are talking up the cooperation on display in Wednesday's rescue operation, when Pakistani troops acting on a US intelligence tip-off swooped on a vehicle carrying the hostages.

But tensions remain.

Pakistan is still angry at the unilateral US operations on its soil to kill al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden in 2011 and last year's drone strike that killed Taliban supreme leader Akhtar Mansour.

United States officials, for their part, suspect both bin Laden and Mansour were able to live in Pakistan with the tacit support of at least some elements of the powerful military. Not at all. It was "All & Total Elements of the Powerful Military as well as the Civilian Government.

Washington also argues that the Taliban - which has been fighting to re-establish its hardline Islamist regime in Kabul since a 2001 US-backed military intervention - would not have been able to gain so much ground against Afghan government forces in recent years without safe havens in Pakistan.

Trump's administration in August warned aid to Pakistan might be cut and Washington might downgrade its status as a major non-NATO ally, in order to pressure it to do more to help bring about an end to America's longest-running war.

Pakistani officials bristle at US claims Islamabad is not doing enough to tackle Islamist terrorists, particularly the Haqqanis, saying they have cooperated for years and launched military operations to push out terrorists from its soil.

Pakistan also says few appreciate that 17,000 Pakistanis have died fighting terrorists or in bombings and other attacks since 2001. All the Pakistanis died while supporting the Taliban & Haqqanis!

Regional rivals

Pakistan is less vulnerable to threats of US aid cuts because Islamabad has been deepening its relationship in recent years with China, which is financing some $57 billion in infrastructure projects, said Gul.

Critics say the Pakistani military nurtures the Taliban and other Islamist factions because they are seen as potentially useful to Pakistan's core confrontation with old rival India.

The Trump administration's recent talk of a "regional strategy" for Afghanistan that would include a bigger role for India has deeply upset Pakistan's establishment, said Mosharraf Zaidi, an Islamabad-based commentator and former Pakistan Foreign Ministry adviser.

"It seems like for the US, and President Trump has said so, that India is going to be a big part of the future of Afghanistan, and for Pakistan that's not on the table," Zaidi said.

As a nuclear power, Pakistan could also be offended further at Trump's implication that it has bowed to his administration's pressure.

"Given that people understand that respect for America is a big deal for Trump and a big deal for the American people, it shouldn't be so hard to understand why Pakistan ... also wants to be respected," said Zaidi. Zaidi wants == Support & Recognition from Uncle Sam for Terroristan. However, Terroristan quiver in their Pants when it comes to China and DARE NOT ASK SIMILAR TREATMENT!

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki "Imam" Caught Red Handed Doing What :shock:

Imam divorces ( by "just" saying 1 word 3 times :roll: ) eighth wife after she catches him red-handed with minor inside mosque
LAHORE – An imam from Punjab has divorced his eighth wife ( does he have a history of "buggering". Is he on a "proclaimed sex offender" list, if such a list exists in Pakiland ! Has he been "shunned" by his fellow Imams . Lots of "interesting" questions come to mind !) :roll: after she caught him red-handed somomizing a minor inside the mosque in Burewala city of Punjab.
Mussarat Bibi, who hails from neighboring Habib Colony, was married to Qari Muhammad Aslam some 15 years ago.Aslam is an imam at Gulshan Raza Town mosque and an Arabic teacher at the city’s Govt. MC Model High School.Mussarat told the media that she was his fifth wife, but Aslam “who can’t overcome his lust for sex” married two more women without her consent under the pretext of “giving them shelter”. :roll:
Both the other women were, later on, divorced Aslam while Mussarat stayed with him due to her poor financial conditions.However, two months ago, she caught him red-handed while sodomizing a madrassa student inside the mosque where Aslam teaches. She was badly beaten by the imam who threatened her to keep her mouth shut over the sexual abuse. Despite the woman kept mum over the immoral act, Aslam divorced her five days later. Will he be "hunting" for a new spouse :mrgreen:
Mussarat says she reached Model Town Police Station and filed a complaint against him. But no action has been taken so far. "powerful sifarish" :roll: She further maintains that Aslam being involved in usury (Ribah or Sood which is strictly prohibited in Islam) has made millions with several properties in the city. So, he is an hypocrite par excellence :twisted:
In his defense, Qari Aslam held that he did not carry out any unIslamic act by marrying a number of women. “Islam allows a man to marry as many wives he can afford.”Refuting all the assertions, he told the media that he had divorced Mussarat for the reason “she blackmailed me and wanted to occupy my property”.He also denied sodomizing a minor and other allegations. The issue is now totally confused . It now becomes a question of "she said" , "he said". Word of a "powerful imam" vs the word of a "poor destitute woman" with a axe to grind :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Gautam Bambawale appointed next India’s envoy to China
NEW DELHI – Gautam Bambawale, India’s High Commissioner to Pakistan, has been appointed as the country’s next envoy to China, the external affairs ministry announced on Friday.
His appointment clears the way for India’s ambassador to Poland, Ajay Bisaria, to be named India’s High Commissioner to Pakistan.
A 1984 India Foreign Service (IFS) officer, Bambawale is expected to take up the assignment shortly, the ministry said. He will replace Vijay Gokhale.
Bambawale was previously India’s ambassador to Bhutan. He has also handled the China desk in the Indian foreign ministry that looks after relations with Japan, China, South Korea, Mongolia and North Korea.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Interior Minister Now Backs Off Against Earlier Critical Statements Made Against COAS Bajwa :mrgreen:

Ahsan Iqbal retracts his statement regarding Army Chief
ISLAMABAD: Federal Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal on Friday retracted his earlier statement by saying that he was not referring to the army chief's statement on the economic situation of the country. ( Bajwa Kaa Bara Danda :roll: )
Ahsan Iqbal said that every institution should issue statements within its domain. Iqbal was speaking in response to DG ISPR's comment that the economic indicators of the country were not looking positive."Such irresponsible statements should not be made whose cost the country has to pay," he said. "I think DG ISPR has no capacity to make such commentary on economy," he added.
Ahsan Iqbal later said that he had not commented on the statement of the army chief. Whereas General Qamar Javed Bajwa had expressed concern over the country's economic situation a couple of days ago in Karachi and DG ISPR had merely repeated the army chief's comments. In Pakistan, it is a sacrilege to criticize the Paki Fauj !!![/quote]
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, has TSP managed to outwit this clown Trump with the "rescue" of a few white hostages from TSP's Talibunnnies? Seems so because both in TSP media (not worth posting ere) as well as Trump's statements indicate that TSP managed to pull a fast one. Not that we didn't know that this would be the trajectory, but we need to wait and watch on what more rewards TSP will manage to grab from US.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

CRamS wrote:Guys, has TSP managed to outwit this clown Trump with the "rescue" of a few white hostages from TSP's Talibunnnies? Seems so because both in TSP media (not worth posting ere) as well as Trump's statements indicate that TSP managed to pull a fast one. Not that we didn't know that this would be the trajectory, but we need to wait and watch on what more rewards TSP will manage to grab from US.
Its the US deep state that is speaking thru trump. A temporary affair onlee.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Another "Sooth Asia Name Conference" - Away From The Prying Eyes Of The Deep State - In The De Facto Capital Of Londonistan :D

Call for Reviving Liberal Pakistan at London Conference
London: More than one hundred prominent Pakistani intellectuals, human rights and social media activists, and public figures with anti-establishment views have arrived in London, calling for the revival of 'Quaid-e-Azam's liberal vision for Pakistan or risk international isolation.'
The conference titled 'Pakistan- the war forward' is being organized under the banner of South Asians Against Terrorism and for Human Rights (SAATH). Name is quite a mouthful !
It is the second such meeting co-hosted by US-based columnist Dr Mohammad Taqi and former Pakistan ambassador to the United States, Husain Haqqani, who has become a major international critic of Pakistan’s state policies, especially on terrorism. Besides Haqqani and Taqi prominent participants include the conference include Rashed Rehman, Abbas Nasir, Senator Latif Afridi, Arif Jamal, Marvi Sirmed, Beena Sarwar, Farhat Taj, and Atif Tauqeer . Are these the only one invited ? Agents of Deep State shut out ?
Unlike last year, when the conference was dominated by opinions of hard-line Sindhi and Baloch nationalists and MQM-Altaf supporters, this year the agenda and list of participants is more mainstream. The conference theme is to create a network of Pakistanis in the country and abroad "who reject the idea of permanent war with neighboring countries" and do not accept what liberal Pakistanis consider an extremist orientation. " Honorable Piss" with India on agenda :roll:
"Liberal, progressive, nationalist and secular visions of Pakistan need to be reinstated in Pakistan's political arena if the country is to overcome threats of international isolation," Haqqani said, while opening the conference. "We must change the narrative that only religious extremists or intolerant bigots represent Pakistani patriotism." The "soft sell" for Pakistan presented by an "experienced exile" :D
As delegates registered for the meeting, they recalled several prominent liberal Pakistanis who have been physically eliminated or disappeared. "That is why we are meeting London," one organizer said. London has become a meeting place for all stripes of Pakis (savoury an unsavoury ) - "money launderers" like Ganja, "miscreants" like Altaf, journos like Irfan Hussain, "vacationers" like Imran Khan, "researchers " like Ayesha Siddiqa etc etc . Deep State dare not do their disappearing thing here :twisted:
There was also criticism of the new policy of mainstreaming militant groups such as Jamaat-ud-Dawa/Lashkar-e-Taiba , which has been transformed into Milli Muslim League. These "outfits" are in bed with the Deep State !
According to co-organizer Dr Taqi, “We want to focus on how tolerance can be mainstreamed in Pakistan at a time when Jihadis and those designated international terrorists are being mainstreamed." Dr Taqi also expressed concern that even the "facade of democracy in Pakistan" was being eroded and "invisible hands are expanding their role." The three-day conference will continue on Saturday and Sunday. After dining, wining, meeting old friends, relatives , some back and forth, taking in some London sights, they will either go "home" on Sunday/ Monday or extend their stay here for a bit :D
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Imran Khan "bats" for Paki Fauj :D

Imran Khan‏Verified account @ImranKhanPTI

Ahsan Iqbal's unwarranted attack on ISPR is absurd bec the dismal state of Pak's economy is known to the world.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Amir Liaqat - The Reputed "Snake Oil Salesman" And Fake Doctor" From Pakistan- To Launch New Crorepati Show On Newly Launched [NA] PAK News

Amir Liaquat to Host the Biggest Crorepati Show in Pakistan’s History
Aamir Liaquat and Bol News can possibly be classified as one of the best combinations in the entertainment industry.No one can match Aamir Liaquat when it comes to staying in the headlines. From live resignation on TV to adventures in Myanmar to rejoining Bol Media Group; Aamir Liaquat is definitely the best comic-anchor person out there in Pakistan.The renowned host needed no introduction even before his iconic ‘Inaam Ghar‘, but that record-breaking game-show made sure that he rose to prominence.Well, his love affair with game shows is a never-ending one. After ‘Game Show Aisay Chalay Ga‘ on Bol TV, the scholar-turned-entertainer is launching another mega game show ‘Crorepati Game Show’ on the newly launched PAK News.
This publicity hungry "Doctor cum Entertainer" with a fake "Doctor Degree" from Dawood Ebrahim's Axact University was recently deported from Mynmar!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

SBP Holds A Meeting on Uncertainty Over Rupee’s Valuation
Pakistani Rupee is constantly under pressure due to political uncertainty, tension in Pak-US relations and rumors about Rupee devaluation. Now that Pakistan is back again in POTUS's "good books" and has once again has successfully pulled a "fast one" on the naive Massa, does it been that the rupee devaluation plans in the works , will be put on the back burner, the aid pipeline will open, the stock exchange will revive, the defense budget will again increase, Rizwan Akhtar will be re- instated etc etc :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

"Flow Chart" Of Recently Released Joshua Boyle :mrgreen:

anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Spinning it (no pun intended)!

Sri Lankan team hesitant to visit Pakistan for T20 fixture: report
"hesitant" is not the term used by the Lankans.
In a letter submitted to Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC), forty Sri Lankan players have expressed reservations over visiting Lahore to play a Twenty20 match on October 29
Though the players, all of whom have been awarded the central contract by their cricket board, did not explicitly refuse to tour Pakistan, they requested a change of venue due to security concerns.
If the negotiations with the players fail, the match could still take place if SLC decides to send a team of young cricketers.
https://www.dawn.com/news/1363794/sri-l ... ure-report

Basically, a second or third string team may travel to the pureland. But, according to CricInfo, the story (which Yawn! avoids mentioning) goes something like this:

Sri Lanka's players reluctant to visit Pakistan
Sri Lanka's players have indicated strong reluctance to travel to Lahore for the third T20I against Pakistan, by signing a letter that requests the match be moved to a neutral venue. SLC officials, however, are likely to attempt to convince the players to tour.
Though the players have not definitively ruled out traveling to Lahore, the mood in the dressing room is one of firm objection. "I don't think the players will change their stance," a cricketer, who was among the 40 contracted players who signed the letter, said. Not only were Suranga Lakmal and Chamara Kapugedera physically present on the bus that was attacked in Lahore in 2009, the other players are aware of the trauma suffered by those on board. The current players also believe the 2009 team suffered a singular attack in the world of sport, and are unwilling to be among the first teams to return to Pakistan.
Both parties have tread softly so far, out of a desire not to incense the other: the players have stopped short of issuing a categorical refusal; the board has at no stage indicated there would be punishments for players who decline to travel.
The chances of a full-strength Sri Lanka team playing in Lahore, however, have diminished with the signing of this letter.
:((

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... t-pakistan
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Hafiz Saeed to be kept in house arrest under MPO ordinance
Not so fast. Keep reading for the meat of the story...
The government of Punjab has withdrawn a request seeking an extension to the house arrest of banned Jamaatud Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed and four of his associates under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
The five will, however, continue to be kept under house arrest; but under Section 3 of the Maintenance of Public Order Ordinance (MPO).
Saeed is supposed to remain under house arrest till the end of this month under the existing order.
Basically, he will be free to travel after October 2017.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1363797/hafiz ... -ordinance
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

STAGED!!

Watch this video and decide if the pakis staged the whole thing or not. Boyle (who does not sound like any Canadian that I know - five years of mutual hospitality with the tellibunnies can do that). The purpose of this "Saving Citizen Boyle" drama will become abundantly clear.

Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

I.S.P. R Ghafoor Hints That "Pakis Are Back In The Good Books Of Massa" . Suggests That He Has Every Right To May A Statement On State Of Paki Economy .

'There is no threat to democracy in Pakistan,' says DG ISPR
Director General (DG), Inter-Service Public Relations (ISPR), Maj-Gen Asif Ghafoor on Saturday voiced his disappointment over Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal's remarks regarding latter's comments on state of economy in the country. Addressing a press conference in Islamabad, military's media wing's spokesman, Maj-Gen Asif Ghafoor said that there was a lot of debate in media and political parties about his statements regarding Pakistan’s economic indicators not being positive."It was said that such a statement comes from an enemy. I am disappointed more as a soldier and then as a citizen of Pakistan after hearing the response of the honorable interior minister," he said."I made the statement in the context of a seminar, held in Karachi, where Chief of the Army Staff (COAS), General Qamar Javed Bajwa also gave a keynote address," he said, adding that the seminar was about security and economy and two issues were inter-linked. It is possible that this time, his tone of delivery , may be on the mild side :mrgreen:
"As a citizen of Pakistan, I stand by my comments," he said. "I never said that our economic situation is fragile, but there is always room for improvement. We will be a strong economy where Pakistani will feel secure." To a question, he said that there was no threat to democracy in Pakistan and if there was any it was due to the failure of governments to fulfill democratic requirements. And that is why, Ganja was "discretely removed" with the help of NAB !
"We received a phone call from US ambassador at 4:10pm that a Canadian hostage and his family is being transported to Pakistan's Kurram Agency area from Afghanistan," he said. "We were requested to help secure their release without compromising their safety," he said. "We have good presence in that area but it doesn’t mean we are present on every inch. We immediately dispatched our troops to tribal areas on the basis of intelligence information," he said. "Our first priority was to rescue the hostages safely and we ensured that," Ghafoor said. "The kidnappers were using two vehicles. We detached the two vehicles and managed to safely recover the hostages."The DG ISPR said that there was no no-go area in any part of Pakistan anymore.
Pakistan, he said, looks forward to a trust-based relationship with the United States. "We will continue to extend our cooperation with the US for regional security and stability," he said.There is no way to verify whether this "whole operation" was pre- arranged with the Haqqani Network , to arrive at the "desired " conclusion, without any negative consequences to the H&D of the Paki State . The Americans are now happy ; the Pakis - at least for a few months - can breathe a sigh of relief . POTUS is happy, the aid pipeline will resume . And it will be business as usual !
The DG ISPR also played a video in which the rescued Canadian hostage praised Pakistan's army for their safe recovery. He also ruled out the possibility of joint operations in Pakistan with the US forces. :roll: The army spokesman also welcomed US President Donald Trump's statement in which he thanked Pakistan for the safe recovery of hostages. All's well that ends well !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Mixed Signals Coming Out From Pakiland !

Pakistan is not ready to listen "Do More" anymore: Saad Rafique
Railways Minister Khawaja Saad Rafique says no foreign country has the right to dictate Pakistan on any matter including China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), reported by Radio Pakistan.Addressing a function in Lahore on Saturday, he said CPEC is a long-term project, which will pay dividends for the next four to five decades.The Minister said Pakistan is not ready to listen "Do More" anymore.
Is he not in the decision making loop anymore ? Does he not know that Massa and her "client" have kissed and made up . And things are back to normal. And he should tone down his criticism now :mrgreen: