Terroristan - 29 September 2017

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
arun
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - 29 September 2017

Post by arun »

Palpable frustration oozes from the Secretary of State of the United States of America at the adroit way the US’ Major non NATO Ally aka MUNNA repeatedly sticks a finger up the US’ defecatory orifice and tickles it. One must compliment the finesse with which the Punjabi Military Dominated Deep State of the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan games the United States of America. I trust our Foreign Policy establishment are taking notes on the US can be handled starting with the WTO:

Palpable frustration oozes from the Secretary of State of the United States of America at the adroit way the US’ Major non NATO Ally aka MUNNA repeatedly sticks a finger up the US’ defecatory orifice and tickles it. One must compliment the finesse with which the Punjabi Military Dominated Deep State of the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan games the United States of America. I trust our Foreign Policy establishment are taking notes on the US can be handled starting with the WTO:
On "Meeting the Foreign Policy Challenges of 2017 and Beyond"
Rex W. Tillerson
Secretary of State
The 2017 Atlantic Council-Korea Foundation Forum
Washington, DC
December 12, 2017 …………………………….

The global effort to defeat ISIS and the global effort to defeat terrorism is one of the President’s top priorities, and that takes us to the South Asia policy and Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India. And the approach to this policy really was a regional approach. The President made a decision and announced the policy that we would remain in Afghanistan, we would remain engaged in the fight to defeat the Taliban, and that the time and effort would be conditions-based. He didn’t – he said it’s not a blank check. It’s not forever, so the Government of Afghanistan needs to understand they must continue their reform journey and they must continue to create conditions that will be inclusive to all ethnic groups within Afghanistan, including a place for the Taliban to participate in a legitimate government when the Taliban is ready to renounce terrorism, renounce the fight, and come to the table.

So the conditions-based approach is to ensure the Taliban know, you will never win a battlefield victory, and the way forward is going to be by engaging in a reconciliation process and ultimately joining a government in Afghanistan.

An important part of the regional approach is our relationship with Pakistan. The U.S. and Pakistan have had a long history of good relations, but that relationship has really deteriorated over the past decade and so now we’re engaged with Pakistan in a conversation to ensure our expectations of them are clear, that our concern is really about Pakistan’s stability. Pakistan has allowed so many terrorist organizations to find safe haven within its territories, and these organizations are growing in size and influence, that at some point I have said to the leadership of Pakistan, you may be the target, and they turn their attention from Kabul and decide they like Islamabad as a target better.

We want to work with Pakistan to stamp out terrorism within their boundaries as well, but Pakistan has to begin the process of changing its relationship with the Haqqani Network and with others. I understand that this is a relationship that has emerged probably for, in their view, good reasons a decade ago, but now that relationship has to be altered because they – if they’re not careful, Pakistan is going to lose control of their own country. We want to work with them in a positive way. We’re willing to share information with them and we want them to be successful. But we cannot continue with the status quo, where terrorist organizations are allowed to find safe haven inside of Pakistan.
From the US State Department website:

On "Meeting the Foreign Policy Challenges of 2017 and Beyond"
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson:

“Pakistan is still an important and valued partner of the United States”:
Townhall
Rex W. Tillerson
Secretary of State
I. Steven (Steve) Goldstein
Under Secretary for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs
Dean Acheson Auditorium
Washington, DC
December 12, 2017

STAFF: Ladies and Gentlemen, the Secretary of State. (Applause.)

SECRETARY TILLERSON: Good morning. Good morning, all. Please, have a seat. ………………..

……….. So in that region of the world, obviously, a heavy, heavy emphasis on counterterrorism. That’s really the big threat that we’re dealing with there.

Out of that also emerged the new South Asia strategy for Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India. And I think the President took a very bold decision by asserting that we will be in Afghanistan with our military presence and continue to fight terrorism and fight the Taliban on a conditions-based effort. There is no timeline. We’re there until this thing is brought to a conclusion. It’s not a blank check. It’s not a forever. But we’re going to stay on the ground and support the Afghan Government. The Afghan Government has to continue to deliver on the needed reforms and create the conditions to have an inclusive government that allows for participation of all the ethnic groups in Afghanistan, including the Taliban. When the Taliban are ready to come to that negotiating table, there will be a place for them to participate in a future Afghan government.

And so the policy there in Afghanistan and in that region is to deny any safe haven to terrorist organizations, because there are a number of terrorist organizations operating in the Afghan-Pakistan region. Our policy is deny them the ability to have a safe haven where they can organize, they can recruit fighters, they can raise money, they can plan and carry out attacks against our allies, our own homeland, as we know they did in the past. So the entire policy in South Asia is to achieve that. And we achieve that by eliminating the safe havens, having some organizations who today have been fighting decide they don’t want to fight anymore, they’d rather talk about how to live, and create the conditions for a reconciliation process within Afghanistan and ultimately a peace process.

In our efforts with Pakistan, Pakistan is still an important and valued partner of the United States. Over the last decade, the relationship has drifted, and we’ve got to bring this relationship back to one of common interest. Today that’s just not the case. And so we’re engaged in very, very frank discussions with Pakistan over the concerns we have about their own stability and their own future and the threat they’re under by allowing terrorist organizations to operate in their territory, and how we can work together to bring stability and peace to the whole region. And again, we’ve got a great team working in that region as well. A lot of work left to do.
SECRETARY TILLERSON: Well, I’m smiling. (Applause.) I am learning to enjoy it. (Laughter.)

Look, it’s – this is a hard job. I mean – I mean, it’s difficult because of the issues, the complexity of the issues that you deal with. You wake up every morning, and the team that works closely with me in my front office know, because I say this many times to them, I start every morning with the thought, “How can I keep someone from being killed today?” I never had to start my mornings with that thought for 41 and a half years. I did worry about people’s safety in my old career, because there were a lot of risks, and we did lose people, regrettably, due to operation problems. But this is a different – I didn’t have to spend a lot of time worrying about civilians being killed, children being killed, people’s rights, their dignity being violated in unimaginable ways. So I start every day with that simple question: What can I do today to keep someone from being killed? And I’ve had a – I’ve had to really struggle with getting used to that, because I take it very seriously.

When I say I’m learning to enjoy it, I am. I’m learning to enjoy it because I’m getting to know all of you better. And one of the things that you get enjoyment from are the people that you have the privilege to work with every day, and that was true for 41 and a half years of my life. And so coming to a place where I didn’t know anybody and I don’t know much about you, that’s why I say I’m learning to enjoy it. Because now, having gone through everything I just described to you and have had great colleagues of yours supporting me and helping me through this year, I am enjoying it more. I enjoy the people. I enjoy you. And that’s why – when you say, “Do you enjoy it?” The actual task at hand of dealing with North Korea? I don’t enjoy that. I mean – (laughter) – but I enjoy working with Susan Thornton on it. Dealing with [b[Pakistan[/b] – I don’t enjoy that. But I enjoy dealing with Alice Wells and Ambassador Hale on it. You’re great people, and I’m – because I’m now making more and more acquaintances and connections, and I have more time with people, I’m beginning to understand them – I enjoy that. That’s what I enjoy, is I enjoy you. And we’ll get some things done. (Applause.) ………………..
From the US State department Website here:

Remarks at Town Hall
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the PESW Thread

Happy Days are Here Again - The Number of Terroristani Rupee Millionaires is Going through the Roof!

Dollar jumps to Rs112! :rotfl:
KARACHI/HOUSTON: The rupee continued to move on the downward trajectory on Tuesday, losing another 2.23 per cent to the US dollar in the interbank market, but analysts believe that there is still room for further depreciation.

The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) quoted the rupee at Rs110.63 to a dollar compared with the previous closing of Rs108.41. In early session, it traded at Rs111.50. In open market, the rupee traded at 111.80/112. Thus, the dollar has gained Rs7 during the last three days.

Traders and dealers said the rupee was broadly lower as the currency’s fluctuation kept the market participants uncertain about whether there would be gradual increases or rupee would find stability at the 110 level.

The rupee, which has mostly traded in a tight range of 104-105 per dollar since December 2015, shed over five per cent in the past three sessions. “The central bank decided to let the currency find its equilibrium based on demand and supply,” Mohammad Sohail, chief executive officer at Topline Securities, said.

A currency dealer said it seemed the central bank continued with its policy to allow the adjustments in the exchange rate to help contain balance of payment pressures. Analysts said the rupee was likely to lose value further as it was overvalued by more than 10 per cent, indicating a room for further decline.

“The current price movement shows the unit to extend losses,” an analyst said. “The market is anticipating a new support level of 112 in near-term.” Another analyst said the rupee was unlikely to consolidate at the 115 level.

The government has so far adopted a strong rupee policy and converted the regime into an almost-fixed exchange rate – one that caused drop in exports and remittances. The rupee devaluation might be in line with the demand of the International Monetary Fund, which has always advocated a flexible regime to allay balance of payment difficulties.

Overvalued exchange rate discouraged exports, encouraged imports and kept the rupee cost of foreign debt servicing below what it should be under an appropriate level of the rate of exchange.

But, an analyst said the timing of depreciation is a bit unfortunate “as we’ve just floated Eurobond and no investor likes uncertainty”. The SBP’s withdrawal of support for the rupee was widely seen as a devaluation measure since the central bank is the most influential player in the thinly traded local foreign exchange market and controls what is widely considered a managed float system.

“Presently, the central bank is allowing the market to determine the rate, but it seems to be reversing the extreme volatility if any during intraday trading,” Muzzamil Aslam, chief executive officer of EFG Hermes Pakistan, told Reuters.

The central bank said after market hours on Friday that a weaker rupee would help the economy grow and ease balance of payment pressures, comments that market participants interpreted as SBP’s approval of a weaker rupee. “I see the rupee settling somewhere from 110 to 111, I think it would not be allowed to pass 112,” said Samiullah Tariq, director of research at brokerage firm Arif Habib.

Meanwhile, traders and currency dealers criticised the SBP for not removing the price cap and warned that speculators were active in the market, which could make the situation out of control, resulting in alarming price hike. They said the country was dependent on imports and the prices of imported items would increase by 8 to 20 per cent, as importers were going to face increased shipping, delivery and port charges.

Forex Association President Malik Bostan said the dollars price would increase alarmingly if the SBP did not intervene, adding that the federal bank must announce maintaining the dollar price at Rs110-112 otherwise the speculators would take advantage of the situation. On the other hand, oil prices slipped on Tuesday, retreating after an early surge to a two-year high when the United Kingdom’s biggest North Sea oil pipeline was shut, crippling the flow of global benchmark Brent crude.
Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Terroristan Trade deficit widens 29% to $15b, pressure on reserves to persist
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s trade deficit widened to $15 billion in the first five months of fiscal year 2018, suggesting that International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) apprehensions over the external sector are not baseless.
Trade results of the first five months have made this year’s $25.7-billion annual trade deficit target irrelevant, but the finance ministry is still not in the mood to portray the real picture of the external sector to the IMF.
The value of goods imported exceeded the value of those exported by $15.03 billion in July-November, reported the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics on Monday. Trade deficit during the first five months of the fiscal year was $3.33 billion or 28.6% higher than the same period of last year, said the national statistics agency.
After debt repayments in coming months, SBP’s own net reserves will be a mere $4.5 billion
Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Lo Kur Lo Baat!

Sartaj Aziz confident of Pakistan’s economic standing

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Vips wrote:Reports are also now coming in that a serving pakistani army officer accompanied Khurshid Kasuri to mullah Aiyar's house. Congress is unable to tackle BJP politically and is even ready to commit treason to come to power as evidenced from Pappu meeting Chinese Ambassador during the Doklam standoff and now meeting the pakis during the ongoing Gujarat elections.

The treasonous first family simply wont let BharatVarsh prosper. The sins of Mohandas Gandhi in vetoing congress committee's choice of Sardar Patel as Independent India's first prime minister and imposing the philanderer Nehru on India will haunt as forever.
chetak wrote:was this a meeting of some components of the Indian deep state ??

no reason why so many Indian "worthies" should have attended the meeting with the pakis.

looks like at least one ex PM is still in the run for the imagined no bell.
chetak Ji :

For the life of me I cannot understand how Modi and his Team did not mention the following INCIDENT :

UPA Freed 25 Jihadis as ‘Goodwill Gesture’ to Pakistan 18 months after 26/11

AUTHOR: HINDUPOST STAFF MAY 20, 2016

The UPA-2 Government led by PM Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi had released 25 hardcore Pakistani terrorists lodged in various jails of Bharat to Pakistan in May, 2010 as a ‘goodwill gesture’ in an effort to ‘repair ties with Pakistan’. This shocking revelation was made in a recent news report –

“This was one “goodwill gesture” which spectacularly boomeranged on the UPA government. Jaish-e-Muhammed (JeM) terrorist Shahid Latif, chief handler of the fidayeen squad that attacked the Pathankot airbase in January, was released by India in 2010 as part of the Manmohan Singh government’s effort to repair ties with Pakistan.

High-level sources told TOI that 47-year-old Latif, who was in an Indian jail for 11 years for acts of terrorism, was among 25 militants belonging to Lashkar-e-Taiba, Hizb-ul-Mujahideen and JeM who were freed on May 28, 2010, as part of the Centre’s outreach to the hostile neighbour. They were lodged in jails in Jammu, Srinagar, Agra, Varanasi, Naini (UP) and Tihar, and were deported to Pakistan through Wagah.

Interestingly, Latif’s release was sought by the same Jaish terrorists who had hijacked Indian Airlines flight IC-814 and managed to get their chief, Maulana Masood Azhar, freed along with two others in exchange for 154 passengers in December 1999. However, the then Vajpayee government had refused to release Latif and 31 others on Jaish’s “wish list”.

Latif acts as main handler of JeM terrorists in India.

In 1999, the NDA government freed Mushtaq Ahmad Zargar and Omar Sheikh, an alumnus of London School of Economics who courted further notoriety by kidnapping and killing American journalist Daniel Pearl.

The AI hijack plot was conceived and executed with the support of ISI. However, what the Pakistani spy agency and its terrorist proxies could not accomplish by taking innocent passengers hostage, they managed to achieve by guile — by persuading the Manmohan Singh government that the release of Pakistanis detained in Indian jails on terror charges would be received ]well with their constituents and help create a conducive atmosphere for rapprochement.”

Why And How Was This Kept Secret For So Long?

Congress President Sonia Gandhi routinely tom-toms the RTI (Right to Information) Act passed by UPA-1 as one of the key achievements of the Congress under her rule. So why did her party and Government not share this decision to release 25 hardcore terrorists with the citizens of Bharat? What was the compelling need to show ‘goodwill’ to Pakistan just 18 months after the dastardly 26/11/08 Mumbai terror attack (where 164 people were killed and 308 wounded), an attack that was carried out by terror org LeT (Lashkar-e-Taiba) in collaboration with ISI (Pakistan’s intelligence agency)? Did we at least manage to free some of the Bharatiyas languishing in Pakistani jails like Sarabjit Singh (who died in 2013 in a Lahore jail) in return? If this was a unilateral act of magnanimity by Bharat, why did we not publicize the release to build some kind of moral & international pressure on Pakistan to stop using Islamic terror as a weapon against Bharat?

Questions are aplenty, but sadly none of the big-shots in our media will bother or dare to question the Congress supremo Sonia Gandhi or ex-PM Manmohan Singh on this vital issue. Instead, the so-called ‘best & brightest’ of our media does what it does best – protect the Congress by misleading the public and creating false equivalences –

This man, Shekhar Gupta, was editor in chief of one of the leading English newspapers Indian Express, at the time this surreptitious deal between UPA and Pakistan was struck. He was the one who ran a fake ‘coup’ story in Indian Express to malign then Army Chief VK Singh who had rubbed various Congress leaders the wrong way. This profile of Gupta titled ‘How profit and principle shaped the journalism of Shekhar Gupta’ reveals his close relationship with P Chidambaram (senior Congress leader and former Finance & Home Minister in UPA-1 & 2)
So it is no surprise that Shekhar Gupta and his fellow travelers in national media like Rajdeep Sardesai, Barkha Dutt, Prannoy Roy, Sagarika Ghose, Karan Thapar, Shobhana Bharatiya etc. will try to suppress or deflect this damning revelation now – it beggars belief that this Lutyen’s Delhi cabal was unaware of this unconditional terrorist release back in 2010; most likely, they knew about it but kept mum so as not to displease their Congress paymasters or because they belong to the ‘Aman ki Asha’ with Pakistan peacenik camp.

What ISI couldn’t achieve through IC-814 hijack, UPA Gave on a platter

This is the most damning part of the whole story: The hijackers of IC-814 had demanded the NDA Government to release 35 terrorists in exchange of 154 hijacked passengers. The NDA negotiators brought the hijackers down to 3 terrorists (Maulana Masood Azhar, Mushtaq Ahmad Zargar and Omar Sheikh) who were finally released after an excruciating public drama played up in media wherein the families of the hijacked civilians pleaded directly with the Government. One of the terrorists which the NDA Government had refused to release was Shahid Latif, chief handler of JeM in Bharat – Latif was one of the 25 terrorists released as a ‘goodwill gesture’ by UPA-2 and he went on to handle the fidayeen squad that attacked the Pathankot airbase in January this year.

The skeletons are tumbling out of the Congress cupboard fast and thick now – while UPA was booted out of power due to mega-corruption and poor governance, the most serious damage they did was to our national security, both internal and external. The Ishrat Jehan saga, ‘saffron terror’ bogey, and now this unilateral release of 25 Pakistani jihadis – all episodes prove that Congress under its present leadership poses a clear threat to the nation; while one hopes that the wheels of justice will turn slowly and interminably to punish Sonia Gandhi and other senior Congress stalwarts, at least in the court of public opinion (i.e elections) the people of this country seem to have learnt this lesson as the recent assembly election results show.

Comments : What else can be said?

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakistan Complies With ICJ Deadline Date Re. Jhadav :D

Pakistan submits well prepared charge sheet against Kulbhushan Yadav in ICJ
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has prepared its reply in the case of Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav, who was convicted by the military courts, to submit to the International Court of Justice (ICJ). The reply, which would be submitted to the United Nations’ judicial organ today (Wednesday), has been prepared in response to Indian arguments in the case. It would be submitted by the Foreign Office’s Director India, Fariha Bugti. The neighbouring country had filed its pleadings in the case on September 13 and the ICJ had asked Pakistan to submit its counter-pleadings by December 13.
This time, they are claiming that they have submitted a "well prepared charge sheet" , as opposed to last time, when they "failed the exam" when they submitted an "ill prepared charge sheet" :mrgreen:
Local media claimed that evidence regarding the Indian spy’s involvement in anti-Pakistan activities, charge sheet and details of the Pakistani military court’s proceedings in the case have been included in the reply. :roll:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakis Still Get The Promised Moolahs From Massa :evil:

Donald Trump signs $700 million CSF for Pakistan
WASHINGTON: President Donald on Tuesday signed a massive defence policy bill that he said would help America bolster its military might and modernise the services.The National Defense Authorisation Act (NDAA) calls for nearly $700 billion of military spending for the coming fiscal year, but Congress has yet to fully fund it.
The United States has allocated $700 million for Pakistan, according to the bill, which would be paid under the Coalition Support Fund.However, half of the allocated amount, i.e. $350 million, requires certification by the US secretary of defence that "Pakistan continues to conduct military operations that are contributing to significantly disrupting the safe havens, fundraising and recruiting efforts, and freedom of movement of the Haqqani Network in Pakistan."
It also requires the validation that "Pakistan has taken steps to demonstrate its commitment to prevent the Haqqani Network from using any Pakistan territory as a safe haven and for fundraising and recruiting efforts."
The amount shall not be "eligible for the waiver" unless ...
Furthermore, Pakistan requires certification that "it has shown progress in arresting and prosecuting senior leaders and mid-level operatives of the Haqqani Network." Paki Fauj now going on a "spending spree" :mrgreen:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Peregrine wrote:
Vips wrote:Reports are also now coming in that a serving pakistani army officer accompanied Khurshid Kasuri to mullah Aiyar's house. Congress is unable to tackle BJP politically and is even ready to commit treason to come to power as evidenced from Pappu meeting Chinese Ambassador during the Doklam standoff and now meeting the pakis during the ongoing Gujarat elections.

The treasonous first family simply wont let BharatVarsh prosper. The sins of Mohandas Gandhi in vetoing congress committee's choice of Sardar Patel as Independent India's first prime minister and imposing the philanderer Nehru on India will haunt as forever.
chetak wrote:was this a meeting of some components of the Indian deep state ??

no reason why so many Indian "worthies" should have attended the meeting with the pakis.

chetak Ji :

For the life of me I cannot understand how Modi and his Team did not mention the following INCIDENT :

The UPA-2 Government led by PM Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi had released 25 hardcore Pakistani terrorists lodged in various jails of Bharat to Pakistan in May, 2010 as a ‘goodwill gesture’ in an effort to ‘repair ties with Pakistan’. This shocking revelation was made in a recent news report –

“This was one “goodwill gesture” which spectacularly boomeranged on the UPA government. Jaish-e-Muhammed (JeM) terrorist Shahid Latif, chief handler of the fidayeen squad that attacked the Pathankot airbase in January, was released by India in 2010 as part of the Manmohan Singh government’s effort to repair ties with Pakistan.

High-level sources told TOI that 47-year-old Latif, who was in an Indian jail for 11 years for acts of terrorism, was among 25 militants belonging to Lashkar-e-Taiba, Hizb-ul-Mujahideen and JeM who were freed on May 28, 2010, as part of the Centre’s outreach to the hostile neighbour. They were lodged in jails in Jammu, Srinagar, Agra, Varanasi, Naini (UP) and Tihar, and were deported to Pakistan through Wagah.

Interestingly, Latif’s release was sought by the same Jaish terrorists who had hijacked Indian Airlines flight IC-814 and managed to get their chief, Maulana Masood Azhar, freed along with two others in exchange for 154 passengers in December 1999. However, the then Vajpayee government had refused to release Latif and 31 others on Jaish’s “wish list”.

In 1999, the NDA government freed Mushtaq Ahmad Zargar and Omar Sheikh, an alumnus of London School of Economics who courted further notoriety by kidnapping and killing American journalist Daniel Pearl.

The AI hijack plot was conceived and executed with the support of ISI. However, what the Pakistani spy agency and its terrorist proxies could not accomplish by taking innocent passengers hostage, they managed to achieve by guile — by persuading the Manmohan Singh government that the release of Pakistanis detained in Indian jails on terror charges would be received ]well with their constituents and help create a conducive atmosphere for rapprochement.”

Congress President Sonia Gandhi routinely tom-toms the RTI (Right to Information) Act passed by UPA-1 as one of the key achievements of the Congress under her rule. So why did her party and Government not share this decision to release 25 hardcore terrorists with the citizens of Bharat? What was the compelling need to show ‘goodwill’ to Pakistan just 18 months after the dastardly 26/11/08 Mumbai terror attack (where 164 people were killed and 308 wounded), an attack that was carried out by terror org LeT (Lashkar-e-Taiba) in collaboration with ISI (Pakistan’s intelligence agency)? Did we at least manage to free some of the Bharatiyas languishing in Pakistani jails like Sarabjit Singh (who died in 2013 in a Lahore jail) in return? If this was a unilateral act of magnanimity by Bharat, why did we not publicize the release to build some kind of moral & international pressure on Pakistan to stop using Islamic terror as a weapon against Bharat?

Questions are aplenty, but sadly none of the big-shots in our media will bother or dare to question the Congress supremo Sonia Gandhi or ex-PM Manmohan Singh on this vital issue. Instead, the so-called ‘best & brightest’ of our media does what it does best – protect the Congress by misleading the public and creating false equivalences –

This man, Shekhar Gupta, was editor in chief of one of the leading English newspapers Indian Express, at the time this surreptitious deal between UPA and Pakistan was struck. He was the one who ran a fake ‘coup’ story in Indian Express to malign then Army Chief VK Singh who had rubbed various Congress leaders the wrong way. This profile of Gupta titled ‘How profit and principle shaped the journalism of Shekhar Gupta’ reveals his close relationship with P Chidambaram (senior Congress leader and former Finance & Home Minister in UPA-1 & 2)
So it is no surprise that Shekhar Gupta and his fellow travelers in national media like Rajdeep Sardesai, Barkha Dutt, Prannoy Roy, Sagarika Ghose, Karan Thapar, Shobhana Bharatiya etc. will try to suppress or deflect this damning revelation now – it beggars belief that this Lutyen’s Delhi cabal was unaware of this unconditional terrorist release back in 2010; most likely, they knew about it but kept mum so as not to displease their Congress paymasters or because they belong to the ‘Aman ki Asha’ with Pakistan peacenik camp.

This is the most damning part of the whole story: The hijackers of IC-814 had demanded the NDA Government to release 35 terrorists in exchange of 154 hijacked passengers. The NDA negotiators brought the hijackers down to 3 terrorists (Maulana Masood Azhar, Mushtaq Ahmad Zargar and Omar Sheikh) who were finally released after an excruciating public drama played up in media wherein the families of the hijacked civilians pleaded directly with the Government. One of the terrorists which the NDA Government had refused to release was Shahid Latif, chief handler of JeM in Bharat – Latif was one of the 25 terrorists released as a ‘goodwill gesture’ by UPA-2 and he went on to handle the fidayeen squad that attacked the Pathankot airbase in January this year.

The skeletons are tumbling out of the Congress cupboard fast and thick now – while UPA was booted out of power due to mega-corruption and poor governance, the most serious damage they did was to our national security, both internal and external. The Ishrat Jehan saga, ‘saffron terror’ bogey, and now this unilateral release of 25 Pakistani jihadis – all episodes prove that Congress under its present leadership poses a clear threat to the nation; while one hopes that the wheels of justice will turn slowly and interminably to punish Sonia Gandhi and other senior Congress stalwarts, at least in the court of public opinion (i.e elections) the people of this country seem to have learnt this lesson as the recent assembly election results show.

Cheers Image
The NDA negotiators brought the hijackers down to 3 terrorists (Maulana Masood Azhar, Mushtaq Ahmad Zargar and Omar Sheikh) who were finally released after an excruciating public drama played up in media wherein the families of the hijacked civilians pleaded directly with the Government.
Peregrine Saab,

It was brinda karat and her commie gang who were instrumental in chivvying the families in creating all the trouble in public so that the terrorists were released.

This antinational's role in the entire sordid affair has not been exposed by the media or even the then govt for that matter. It should be done so at least now, for the sake of clarity and the ever present commie role in all things traitorous.

These commies revel in giving comfort and aid to our enemies.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Peregrine wrote:chetak Ji :

Cheers Image
chetak wrote:The NDA negotiators brought the hijackers down to 3 terrorists (Maulana Masood Azhar, Mushtaq Ahmad Zargar and Omar Sheikh) who were finally released after an excruciating public drama played up in media wherein the families of the hijacked civilians pleaded directly with the Government.
Peregrine Saab,

It was brinda karat and her commie gang who were instrumental in chivvying the families in creating all the trouble in public so that the terrorists were released.

This antinational's role in the entire sordid affair has not been exposed by the media or even the then govt for that matter. It should be done so at least now, for the sake of clarity and the ever present commie role in all things traitorous.

These commies revel in giving comfort and aid to our enemies.
chetak Ji :

With all due respect I couldn't agree more with you.

However, and I consider it the main reason for my post, is the Question which I am now highlighting and re-posting :

That is the crux of the matter at this present moment. I think it is a bit lax on the part of Modi Ji and his Team! They should have after Dr. Manmohan Singh and the Sonia led Khangress Party with Hammer and Tongs. No Prisoners Taken!

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

A New Low Even By Paki Standards !

Man sells off teenage daughter due to poverty in Mianwali
MIANWALI – Height of poverty as a poor man sold his teenage daughter to an elderly man for Rs600,000 in an area of Mianwali.The shameful deal took place in Rustamwala within the limits of Moch police stations where a father identified as Naib Rasool sold his 14-year-old daughter, Faryard Bibi, to a 65-year-old man.
The buyer, who has been identified as Fateh Shair son of Shair Khan, is a resident of Noorpur Thal, a city of Khushab district.DPO Mianwali Sadiq Ali Dogar after receiving the information ordered the officials of Moch and Pai Khel police stations to take action and arrest the accused.A police party conducted a raid and arrested the father of the daughter and other persons, besides recovering the victim. A case has been registered against the accused. For each such case brought to the attention of the authorities, there are probably many more which remain undetected !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakis Putting A Lid On NGO's :mrgreen:

Internews, Plan, and ActionAid among 21 NGOs told to leave Pakistan
ISLAMABAD – The Interior Ministry on Friday rejected the applications for registration of twentyone International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs).The applications were mainly turned down due to non-fulfillment of the criteria recently formed by the Pakistan government, according to sources in the ministry.These NGOs have been given two months time to wrap-ups their operations. However, they will have the right to file review appeals against the decision, an official said.
The ActionAid, an international non-governmental organisation, has expressed surprise over the government’s order to close its operations across the country within two months. Rules have probably been changed in "middle of the game". There is a "full blown" insurgency going on in FATA and most parts of Baluchistan . Possible that the action may be related to the situation there !
“We have received a letter from the Ministry of Interior declining our application for registration under the new INGO Policy Framework without assigning rationale. “We been given 60 days to close down all operations,” ActionAid Pakistan Country Programme Country Director Iftikhar A Nizami said in a statement on Thursday.“During the lengthy INGO registration process, we provided all the information and documents required and were confident that we had complied with all necessary rules and regulations,” Nizami added.“Since 1992, we are working as the country programme in Pakistan to strengthen the capacity and active agency of the people living in poverty and exclusion, especially women, to assert their rights. We work directly with communities and others to overcome the structural causes and consequences of poverty and injustice,” he explained. The Pakistan Govt, due to paucity of funds and its "almost insolvent situation", has "outsourced" vital social functions- such as health, education, vocational training etc etc to non governmental organizations, domestic and foreign. Women's empowerment is a new sector, which the Mullah Brigade is deadly against . Maybe, the revocation of these NGO's might have something to do with that !
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

http://newsweekpakistan.com/spy-for-spy-diplomacy/
Newsweek Pakistan suggests swapping of spies with India. Also claims that Lt col zahir was part of the team that kidnapped KB.
Spy-for-Spy Diplomacy?
Posted 2 days ago by Newsweek Pakistan

Aamir Qureshi—AFP

There is little to be gained in killing each other’s spies

On Friday, Dec. 8, Pakistan announced that it would allow the wife and mother of the arrested Indian spy, Kulbhushan Jadhav, to meet him on humanitarian grounds on Dec. 25. It has also allowed an Indian embassy official to accompany them, as requested by New Delhi. The two countries are contesting the Jadhav case at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) at The Hague. This is clearly an “olive branch” gesture on the part of Islamabad. Why has this happened?

Some say it is going to be a case of exchange of spies or a “spy-for-spy” game instead of spy-versus-spy. In April this year, India caught Muhammad Habib Zahir, “the retired Lt. Col. of the Pakistan Army who disappeared from Lumbini near Nepal’s border with India and now suspected to be in Indian custody” because “he was in the team that nabbed Kulbhushan Jadhav in March 2016” according to Indian Express. On the Pakistani side Zahir was lured into going to Nepal on the phone with offers of big money.

It is quite clear that this time around Pakistan will not be able to hang Jadhav for doubtful emotional satisfaction because a further deterioration of Indo-Pak equation is not desired by anyone in the world, including the ICJ judges.

Pakistan and India have gained little by killing each other’s spies: Sarabjit Singh was arrested by Pakistan in August 1990 for carrying out four bombings in Faisalabad, Multan and Lahore, killing 14 citizens. He was later sentenced to death and died in 2013. Kashmir Singh spent 35 years on death row while avowing he was not a spy but was allowed to return home. Ravindra Kaushik succeeded in joining Pakistan Army and was promoted to major while passing sensitive information back home. He was caught and died in jail after 16 years.

Given a more sophisticated current leadership of Pakistan Army, it is hoped that the two countries will agree on an exchange of prisoners and not resort to committing bilateral homicide of dubious strategic value.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Mohammad Taqi‏Verified account @mazdaki
25m25 minutes ago
The man hasn’t set foot in three of #Pakistan’s four provinces in three decades but he gets to represent the country !

- "Showbaaz" roundly criticized !
- In the pic, The Sharif- Ganja's stand -in is "acting" as a PM, while the real McCoy looks on meekly. Seems like Ganja has no confidence in Abbasi :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

All is not well in North Waziristan Tribal Agency According To This !
Mohammad Taqi Retweeted
Afrasiab Khattak‏ @a_siab
1h1 hour ago
Afrasiab Khattak Retweeted Taha Siddiqui
The government must come clean on human rights situation in North Waziristan. First locals were thrown at the mercy of terrorists for long years. Then their houses & shops were plundered & demolished when they lived as IDPs. Now brutal repression.

Torture In Miranshah And The Media Blackout :evil:
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Falijee wrote:Mohammad Taqi‏Verified account @mazdaki
25m25 minutes ago
The man hasn’t set foot in three of #Pakistan’s four provinces in three decades but he gets to represent the country !

- "Showbaaz" roundly criticized ! In the pic, The Sharif- Ganja's stand -in is "acting" as a PM, while the real McCoy looks on meekly. Seems like Ganja has no confidence in Abbasi :mrgreen:
Abbasi's status of a glorified peon ( a stand in) is not to be doubted. This photo only confirms it. Even erdogan el turki knows who has the real power in pakhanistan.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Narad wrote:Newsweek Pakistan suggests swapping of spies with India. Also claims that Lt col zahir was part of the team that kidnapped KB.
It is quite clear that this time around Pakistan will not be able to hang Jadhav for doubtful emotional satisfaction because a further deterioration of Indo-Pak equation is not desired by anyone in the world, including the ICJ judges....it is hoped that the two countries will agree on an exchange of prisoners and not resort to committing bilateral homicide of dubious strategic value.
Pakis never had a case. They have always known it. By the way, did India ever officially confirm that it had that paki colonel? That the ISI colonel took the money bait is itself an embarrassing thing for their overly vaunted spy agency. I know of a bridge at LoC that might play a role in this midnight exchange drama.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

A big :((

IPL recognised as global event in FTP
Pakistan’s cricket authorities have been voicing their concerns but it seems no one’s listening.
It has been more or less confirmed that every year, there will be no international cricket for a period of almost two months across April and May. During those two months, most of the world’s top cricketers will be busy making quick bucks at the lucrative Indian Premier League (IPL).
the IPL is the only domestic Twenty20 league during which all international cricket will come to a halt.
Pakistani cricketers won’t get even a small slice of the IPL pie. They are not allowed to feature in the T20 league.
But whatever the PCB did hasn’t worked. :((
https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/255314 ... ent-in-ftp
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Falijee wrote:Pakistan Complies With ICJ Deadline Date Re. Jhadav :D

Pakistan submits well prepared charge sheet against Kulbhushan Yadav in ICJ
Another paki noosepaper had this to add:

Pakistan rejects Indian stance on Jadhav in ICJ
Jadhav was not an ordinary prisoner and (therefore) Vienna Convention does not applies to him
Indian spy entered the country with the intent of spying and carrying out subversive activities.
Intent. Is that their defense now? How did the pakis prove that "intent" (see wiki link below)? Mind scans? Pakis are now walking on a slippery slope. That lame argument may have worked with their kangaroo military courts with stool pigeons as judges. But this is the ICJ.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/25565 ... hav-in-icj
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intention_(criminal_law)
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

anupmisra wrote:A big :((

Pakistan’s cricket authorities have been voicing their concerns but it seems no one’s listening.
It has been more or less confirmed that every year, there will be no international cricket for a period of almost two months across April and May. During those two months, most of the world’s top cricketers will be busy making quick bucks at the lucrative Indian Premier League (IPL).
the IPL is the only domestic Twenty20 league during which all international cricket will come to a halt.
Pakistani cricketers won’t get even a small slice of the IPL pie. They are not allowed to feature in the T20 league.
But whatever the PCB did hasn’t worked. :((
More insult of the Porkis.

The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced its Future Tours Programme (FTP) and eyebrows were raised at the paucity of matches afforded to Pakistan.

The Men in Green have garnered a reputation as one of the world’s most exciting teams due to their mercurial and unpredictable nature but play only 28 Tests and 38 ODIs in the four-year schedule running from May 2019 to May 2023.

Pakistan’s 28 Tests are the joint-lowest of the established Test sides alongside New Zealand, with only Zimbabwe, Afghanistan and Ireland playing fewer games. For comparison, India play 37 Tests, England play 46 and Australia play 40. Even Bangladesh, still considered as one of the minnows by many, play 35 Tests; 25% more than Pakistan.

Tests are not the only format in which Pakistan fans can feel hard done by. Their 38 ODIs are the lowest of all teams, even lower than that of Afghanistan (41), Zimbabwe (40) and Ireland (42). :((

Again for comparison, arch-rivals India play 61 ODIs, West Indies play 62 and Sri Lanka play 48. :(( :((

Pakistan also play 38 T20Is in the four years — also the joint-lowest of the established Test-playing nations. Even Ireland play six more T20Is, while India play 61, West Indies 55 and New Zealand play 49.

Former Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) CEO Arif Abbasi understandably believes the ICC needs to amend the FTP, especially considering that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) failed to include even a single match against Pakistan.(Look at the sense of entitlement)

“The reason the ICC is treating the PCB like this is because it doesn’t have a proper structure of management nor do they have the required knowledge,” (pakis commenting about knowledge and management :rotfl: ) he said, while talking to The Express Tribune. “They don’t take the right decision at the right time, challenging the ICC now is of no use, neither will the ICC do anything about it nor will the BCCI go against their government.”

Abbasi was incensed at the lack of matches given to Pakistan and alleged that the ICC are biased against the Men in Green. (Saazish!!!)

“They have been wronging Pakistan for a while now,” he said. “It is very shameful that the team that has topped the ranking charts in various formats in 2017 and won the Champions Trophy has been given fewer matches than associate nations.”

Abbasi, however, feels the PCB must do whatever it can to improve the situation, suggesting that they audit themselves and become a stronger board in order to stand against the ICC in the future. (fat chance of that happening!!!!)

“The BCCI may be private but they will never go against their government,” he said. “They have no option but to go with the FTP.”
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Amnesty Germany protests over forced disappearances in Pakistan
A German group of Amnesty International Hagen organized a march protesting over the trend of forced disappearances of human rights and political activists in Pakistan urging the government to produce the abducted people and try all the accused through the due process of law.
The protestors were demanding Pakistan authorities to end the environment of impunity that the state’s law enforcement agencies enjoy in terms of abducting and torturing the civilian citizens.
Amnesty added that over recent years, enforced disappearances – once limited to the restive parts of Balochistan and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa provinces – have spread deep into Pakistan’s main urban centres.
Over the past two months, Amnesty International has received credible reports of an alarming number of disappearances of Baloch students and activists.
Amnesty International also urged Pakistan authorities to end the practice of enforced disappearances and ratify the International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance while ensuring that the activists, human rights defenders, journalists, academics and members of the political opposition are able to peacefully exercise their rights to freedom of expression and association.
The Amnesty Hagen specialises on the issue of forced disappearances in Pakistan and is seeking release of hundreds, if not thousands, of activists across the country.
The human rights activists were also alarmed by The Commission on Inquiry on Enforced Disappearances receiving nearly 300 cases of alleged enforced disappearances from August to October 2017 in Pakistan, expressing that this was by far the largest number in a three-month period in recent years.
The German rights activists also pointed that the UN Working Group on Enforced and Involuntary Disappearances had stated in 2012 that there was “a climate of impunity in Pakistan with regard to enforced disappearances, and the authorities are not sufficiently dedicated to investigate cases of enforced disappearances and hold the perpetrators accountable.”
“The repercussions are significant: failure to recover the victims alive and to ensure those responsible are brought to justice sends a chilling signal that the perpetrators can get away with literally disappearing people
Ouch!

https://dailytimes.com.pk/158708/amnest ... -pakistan/
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Dus Percenti's non-sindhi dance moves.

Here is what Imran Khan has to say about Zardari's dance moves
he praised the PPP co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari, and said: " The way Asif Zardari danced , he should give more such performances."
https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/25339 ... ance-moves
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki NAB Sends "Fishing Expedition" To Londonistan To Collect Evidence Against Ganja Sharif :D

NAB team in London fishing for evidence against Sharifs
ISLAMABAD/LONDON: A team of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) reached London on Tuesday night to meet with the Home Office officials in relation to the Avenfield flats owned by Hasan and Hussain Nawaz in a clear suggestion that the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) was unable to produce any actionable evidence during its London probe against the Sharif family unlike the media hype that went on for several months. Hope the NAB Team is well prepared with their queries, the team is competent and qualified so as to not waste Home Office officials ( ie British Taxpayer's) time and money. Scotland Yard and Home Office officials probably remember the fictitious "Altaf Hussain Dossiers" that is still gathering dust on their shelves :mrgreen:
A source in the NAB said that Sultan Nazir and Imran Dogar will be investigating the Avenfield apartments but earlier the JIT had clearly suggested that it had collected necessary “evidence” after hiring JIT head Wajid Zia’s cousin Akhtar Raja’s law firm Quist Solicitors. The NAB source couldn’t comment. "Sifarish" will get you the "assignment" not competency and qualification !
The JIT’s lawyers in London – Akhtar Raja and Toby Cadman – had written several letters to the Home Office seeking Mutual Legal Assistance (MLA) in relation to British national Hasan Nawaz Sharif, who has lived in London for over two decades, and Hussain Nawaz Sharif, who lives mainly between London and Saudi Arabia and whose wife and children are British national. The London lawyers are probably interested in "charging time" to their client ( NAB/GOP) rather than finding "something concrete" against Hussain and Hasan !
A source in Home Office said it was in touch with Pakistani authorities over a “Mutual Legal Assistance” request, without naming the individual involved. The source said it could not comment on the specifics of the case but said that such requests are a “routine matter”.
When the NCA was contacted for its version whether it was investigating Hussain Nawaz in relation to any wrongdoing, a source said there was no investigation underway as “there’s no criminal case being investigated”. Wasting British Taxpayer's time and money, wasting Paki Taxpayer's time and money !
It’s understood that at least five banks, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and Home Office had told Pakistani authorities during the JIT probe that it had no concern in relation to the business matters of Hasan and Nawaz Sharif and that all the transactions made from and to his account were done through legal means and no concern were ever raised by the anti-money laundering units working and overseeing transactions in international banks.The NAB is "out to get" Nawaz and his family. Unless they hire a seasoned fraudster like Dar, it will be hard for these armateurs to pin down Ganja :mrgreen:
The team is expected to meet officials of Pakistan Embassy in the UK who will facilitate both the NAB officials.” NAB has already declared proclaimed offenders to Hassan Nawaz and Hussain Nawaz on not appearing before the trial court in this case.The NAB has filed four corruption references against the Sharif family and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar related to their Avenfield properties, multiple companies that include Flagship Investments, Hartstone properties, Que Holdings, Quaint, Flagship Securities, Quint Gloucester Place, Quint Paddington, Flagship Developments, Alanna Services (BVI), Quint Eaton Place 2, Quint Saloane, Lankin SA (BVI), Chadron, Ansbacher, Coomber and Capital FZE, Dubai, Azizia Steel Mills and Hill Metals.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki PM Upstaged At IOC Summit By Ganja's Brother :D
Two Pakistani PMs at OIC summit?
As every one of us know that Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif along with Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi participated at an extraordinary summit of Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in Istanbul, Turkey, over US President Donald Trump's decision to recognise Jerusalem as the Israeli capital.
Before start of the OIC summit today, the Punjab chief minister had a detail historic interaction with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, in which he expressed complete support of Pakistan to the Muslim world over Jerusalem’s issue. Talking to the Palestinian President, the CM openly condemned President Donald Trump's action over Jerusalem , and called it a huge setback to the Palestinian peace process. He was strongly of the opinion that this decision has reinforced the Palestinians' lack of trust in the honesty of the Trump administration as a peace broker, and now, the situation will become worse in the Palestine as there will be more bloodshed. Did the Paki Foreign Office approved this statement or it was more of an "off the cuff remark", which no one takes it seriously . In what capacity he represented Pakistan. "Friend" Of Abbas and Tayyip :roll:
urkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warmly welcomed the Pakistani delegation, and appreciated Pakistan’s stance on this imperative matter. The Punjab chief minister especially appreciated Turkey for making sincere efforts in organising this extraordinary summit of OIC. Particularly, the CM acknowledged Turkey’s support to Punjab’s social sector, and expressed pleasure over the unfailing support and assistance from Turkey in intensifying mutual collaboration across a vast range of areas in Punjab :(( .Mutual Admiration Society ! And not to forgot Shahbaz's role in "kicking out"the Gulen teachers from Pakiland !
he amazing aspect in both these interactions was the impactful presence of Shahbaz, who looked very vigilant and focused to the cause for which he is there. What is noticeable was that from no angle it appeared that there is a person who is not a head of a state. Instead, his expressions were so assertive that it reinforced the opinion of him being currently part of Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s remarkable league as present great Muslim leaders in the world. "On the job" training as a PM :roll:
The Punjab chief minister's keenness towards this summit is visible from his brilliant tweet today, in which he quoted the wonderful words of the founder of Pakistan, Muhammad Ali Jinnah. Even yesterday, sections of the Paki media were singing paeans of the ex PM's brother :D
t once again reaffirms people of other provinces in Pakistan’s appreciation for CM Punjab’s development steps, calling them remarkable initiatives, and urging their respective provincial heads as well to follow his footsteps. Undoubtedly, it is these amazing skills and great vision of CM Punjab that people from every province are now idealizing him as their upcoming national leader. One Paki anal-ist even sarcastically commented that how can this person act as a PM , when he has not even visited the other three provinces of Pakiland :mrgreen:
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Before start of the OIC summit today, the Punjab chief minister had a detail historic interaction with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, in which he expressed complete support of Pakistan to the Muslim world over Jerusalem’s issue.
What is and why exactly was this a historic interaction?
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

chetak wrote:

was this a meeting of some components of the Indian deep state ??

Check this Paki fart show link where Kasuri has opened his mouth after going back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRqQoLyAjYI

Kasuri was in Delhi for 4 days. Purported reason was to attend conference by the Aspen Foundation in India . S K lambah is the chairman of the same. This is the same guy who was holding secret negotiations with Kasuri with full support from Manmohan and Musharraf to arrive at a solution to the Kashmir Issue. The solution if everybody remembers is to make borders "irrelevant", withdraw indian forces from Kashmir except from border area etc . So it is clear that the Lootyens gang has not given up on implementing this plan. They are planning on how to continue on it and implementing it in a post Modi scenario. All the key players then are on it and had a meeting with Kasuri at Mullah Aiyars house or elsewhere during those 4 days including Manmohan Singh, PFI lover Ansari, Aiyar, all the other assorted (missing the limelight and trying to be relevant) retired bureaucrats and power peddling influence agent journalists.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Vips wrote:So it is clear that the Lootyens gang has not given up on implementing this plan.
Vips, I won't be surprised if it is being instigated by the US.

The context is clear. A flurry of activities after the review of the South Asia policy by the Trump administration recently. The new policy commits more troops to Afghanistan and a longer stay too. Trump is talking of a semi-permanent American presence in Afghanistan. How can these twin objectives be achieved realistically without Pakistani support, especially when the US is antagonizing Iran even further? The writing on the wall for India is clearer.

Every time, the situation became desperate for Pakistan, a new lifeline somehow materialized for Pakistan. This has happened unfailingly and the irony is it is coming from a maverick Trump who was expected by many Indian-Americans to act very differently.

Trump may still be tough with Pakistan on the Afghan-centred terrorists (that is what delinking LeT from the aid bill shows) but it will have only marginal or no effect on us. Trump wants us to engage more with Afghanistan economically & developmentally. This might invite ISI/Haqqani attacks on these projects as it has done in the past. I am sure that the Trump administration would take a 'nuanced' approach if and when they happen.

Trump is continuing with the theory that no normalcy can be established in Afghanistan unless India & Pakistan reconcile their issues. This is rubbish, to say the least but the Americans are known to have followed rubbisher and more bizarre policies. The recent Chaophraya Track-II is also as a result of the August 2017 review of South Asia policy. The Lutyens Gang meeting shows every symptom of that same virus attack.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Pakistan Senators Slam US Jerusalem Move But Cling to US Visas :

Voice of America
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Vips wrote:
anupmisra wrote:A big :((

More insult of the Porkis.

The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced its Future Tours Programme (FTP) and eyebrows were raised at the paucity of matches afforded to Pakistan.

The Men in Green have garnered a reputation as one of the world’s most exciting teams due to their mercurial and unpredictable nature but play only 28 Tests and 38 ODIs in the four-year schedule running from May 2019 to May 2023.

Pakistan’s 28 Tests are the joint-lowest of the established Test sides alongside New Zealand, with only Zimbabwe, Afghanistan and Ireland playing fewer games. For comparison, India play 37 Tests, England play 46 and Australia play 40. Even Bangladesh, still considered as one of the minnows by many, play 35 Tests; 25% more than Pakistan.

Tests are not the only format in which Pakistan fans can feel hard done by. Their 38 ODIs are the lowest of all teams, even lower than that of Afghanistan (41), Zimbabwe (40) and Ireland (42). :((

Again for comparison, arch-rivals India play 61 ODIs, West Indies play 62 and Sri Lanka play 48. :(( :((

Pakistan also play 38 T20Is in the four years — also the joint-lowest of the established Test-playing nations. Even Ireland play six more T20Is, while India play 61, West Indies 55 and New Zealand play 49.

Former Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) CEO Arif Abbasi understandably believes the ICC needs to amend the FTP, especially considering that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) failed to include even a single match against Pakistan.(Look at the sense of entitlement)

“The reason the ICC is treating the PCB like this is because it doesn’t have a proper structure of management nor do they have the required knowledge,” (pakis commenting about knowledge and management :rotfl: ) he said, while talking to The Express Tribune. “They don’t take the right decision at the right time, challenging the ICC now is of no use, neither will the ICC do anything about it nor will the BCCI go against their government.”

Abbasi was incensed at the lack of matches given to Pakistan and alleged that the ICC are biased against the Men in Green. (Saazish!!!)

“They have been wronging Pakistan for a while now,” he said. “It is very shameful that the team that has topped the ranking charts in various formats in 2017 and won the Champions Trophy has been given fewer matches than associate nations.”

Abbasi, however, feels the PCB must do whatever it can to improve the situation, suggesting that they audit themselves and become a stronger board in order to stand against the ICC in the future. (fat chance of that happening!!!!)

“The BCCI may be private but they will never go against their government,” he said. “They have no option but to go with the FTP.”

The Cricket Board of the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan has put a spin on the lesser number of matches awarded to them. This hinges on the expectation that the ICC will compel the BCCI to play them besides pocketing Jaziya of USD 70 Million which the ICC is going to get the BCCI to cough up:
KARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is waiting for a decision on its dispute claim against India before finalising its slot for International Cricket Council’s proposed future tour program (FTP) from 2019 to 2023. Many eyebrows were raised when documents Tuesday revealed that Pakistan are scheduled to play only 38 bilateral ODIs and 28 Tests in the four-year cycle from 2019 to 2023. However, an official of the PCB was quoted as saying Wednesday that the board was waiting for a decision by the dispute panel before deciding on slots for at least 19 matches. “That is because we have 19 matches with India not slotted, yet awaiting clearance from ICC dispute resolution committee,” said the official, when asked why Pakistan has got fewest number of matches in the new FTP. The official explained that if dispute panel decided against Pakistan then the PCB would have an option of filling the slots with other teams.

He further added that the FTP won’t be signed until the decision on the dispute was announced. “No FTP schedule will be final until decision in our case. If we win, India will have to slot our matches. If we lose we will have these slots filled in by others,” the official said. The PCB had earlier officially stated that any decision by the dispute resolution committee should be reflected on the FTP. “Under the prevailing circumstances, it is the PCB’s position that if the Dispute Resolution Committee decides the dispute in PCB’s favour then any FTP will need to be adjusted to reflect the decision,” he said. “Any agreement of the PCB to any new FTP structure will therefore be without prejudice to its existing claims against BCCI and will be subject to the outcome of the ICC dispute resolution process.” The PCB has claimed a compensation of $70 million from BCCI for not honouring its commitment of playing series according to the MoU signed between the two boards.
Daily Times:

PCB awaits dispute panel verdict on slots of 19 games against India
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Dispute? What dispute? There is no dispute about matches. All matches are subject to gov clearance. BCCI has no say. BCCI is willing to play the matches. That's official position.

It is like a beggar going to court complaining I did not give him money.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

CPEC Damage Control :roll:

FO denies China has halted payments for CPEC projects
The Foreign Office (FO) on Thursday rubbished reports that Beijing had halted payments on any of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) projects in the country.FO Spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal, during a weekly briefing, said there was no news from Beijing that the Chinese government was halting funding for any of the projects, adding that execution of payments takes place in specific manner.The FO's denial comes days after Minister for Planning and Develop­ment Ahsan Iqbal had said that China had halted the release of funds for three CPEC projects till the revision of its 'financial mechanism' by Beijing,. From a perception point of view, it does not look good for the Pakis. Either the "Hon Minister" is lying or the Paki Foreign Ministry does not want to admit the embarrassing truth . :mrgreen:
According to an official press release issued by National Assembly Secretariat on December 11, Iqbal informed the 25th parliamentary committee meeting on CPEC that the Chinese side was reviewing the financial mechanism of these projects and work on them would restart after receiving approval from Beijing. Master ( China) - Servant ( Pakistan) relationship is there for all to see !
It was also reported that China had temporarily stopped funding some projects, particularly those related to the road network under CPEC, till a further decision on ‘new guidelines’ by Beijing. CPEC is not a "gravy train" as many Pakis were led to believe :D
Another member of the committee, Al-Haj Gul Khan Afridi, had said they were told that China had not stopped financing the CPEC projects but raised some 'technical objections' to three National Highways Authority (NHA) road projects. A team of Chinese experts would arrive in the country soon to inspect the three NHA projects, he added. This kind of things happen, when the CPEC agreements are signed in "secret" and the so-called National Assembly and the so-called Senators are kept in the dark and not "kept into confidence", lest they be alarmed at the "many concessions" given to the Chinis :mrgreen:
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

^^ Thanks Sridharji. It is clear India is very much on its own.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Why Should The "World Bank's Role In Drafting Pakistan's Oil Exploration Laws Stun Paki Senators" :twisted:

World Bank’s role in drafting Pakistan's oil exploration law stuns senators
ISLAMABAD: An admission by a federal minister on the role of the World Bank in drafting of a law about apportionment of the country’s natural resources took senators by surprise on Wed­nes­day, prompting the Senate chairman to seek a written response from the petroleum ministry about the extent to which the bank was involved in the matter. The "rubber-stamp" Paki Senators are taking their role too seriously . Just the other day, they questioned the Goberment about CPEC hiccups and now this . :D
Winding up a discussion on an adjournment motion about the recent move by the federal government to delink the petroleum and natural gas regulator from provincial oversight in direct violation of the Constitution, Minis­ter of State for Petroleum Jam Kamal Khan conceded that the draft Pakistan Petroleum Explo­ration and Production Regu­la­tory Authority bill had been prepared by a World Bank consultant and that it had been placed before the Council of Common Interests (CCI). Does Pakistan have the legal expertise to draft such laws ? What does "Sharia Law Say" about Petroleum Development :mrgreen:
He, however, emphasised that it was merely a draft law and would be given a final shape in consultation with the provinces. In an effort to downplay whatever he himself had conceded, he added: “Proposals are made and we pick and chose.” So, the "homework" is done by a foreign entity like the WB . Same as the details of CPEC were "drafted" in Beijing :mrgreen:
The parliamentary leader of the PPP in the Senate, Taj Haider, said he had asked Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah not to discuss the draft law in the CCI and reject it. He said that if the draft became law, even mines would not remain the property of the provincial governments. “The real target of the draft bill is Thar coal,” he remarked. The Paki Senate has become a circus . Pretense of a "robust democracy" :rotfl:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

IMO, could it be "another East Pakistan Bangladesh " like scenario in the making :mrgreen:

Karachi_Post Retweeted
Inamullah Khattak‏ @Khan_Inam1
6h6 hours ago

Mehmood Khan Achakzai says FATA is not part of Pakistan. Says Kabul has reservations over FATA-KP merger. Lower house echoes with Ghaddaar Achakzai.
1 reply 25 retweets 18 likes
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

SSridhar wrote:
Vips wrote:So it is clear that the Lootyens gang has not given up on implementing this plan.
Vips, I won't be surprised if it is being instigated by the US.

The context is clear. A flurry of activities after the review of the South Asia policy by the Trump administration recently. The new policy commits more troops to Afghanistan and a longer stay too. Trump is talking of a semi-permanent American presence in Afghanistan. How can these twin objectives be achieved realistically without Pakistani support, especially when the US is antagonizing Iran even further? The writing on the wall for India is clearer.

Every time, the situation became desperate for Pakistan, a new lifeline somehow materialized for Pakistan. This has happened unfailingly and the irony is it is coming from a maverick Trump who was expected by many Indian-Americans to act very differently.

Trump may still be tough with Pakistan on the Afghan-centred terrorists (that is what delinking LeT from the aid bill shows) but it will have only marginal or no effect on us. Trump wants us to engage more with Afghanistan economically & developmentally. This might invite ISI/Haqqani attacks on these projects as it has done in the past. I am sure that the Trump administration would take a 'nuanced' approach if and when they happen.

Trump is continuing with the theory that no normalcy can be established in Afghanistan unless India & Pakistan reconcile their issues. This is rubbish, to say the least but the Americans are known to have followed rubbisher and more bizarre policies. The recent Chaophraya Track-II is also as a result of the August 2017 review of South Asia policy. The Lutyens Gang meeting shows every symptom of that same virus attack.
SSji, do you think US taking an unexpectedly harder stance against India and global consensus in WTO (related to food security which is dear to India) is somehow tied to this, to show its displeasure to India? What leverage does US have over India, other than giving us a seat at the Afghan end game, which India deserves anyway (we do have a land border with Afghanistan and are one of the most critical countries involved in reconstruction of Afghan infra).
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

abhijitm wrote:It is like a beggar going to court complaining I did not give him that he did not get his share of the money.
There!

I am waiting for a claim by PCB that BCCI owes PCB a share of the revenues earned by BCCI from matches played by India with other nations...because many pakis watch those games on TV.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Kasuri "Breaks His Silence" ...

Khursheed Kasuri breaks the silence over the so called secret meeting with Congress top leaders in India
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan's former foreign minister Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri today said even the word 'Gujarat' was not mentioned by anyone at a private dinner hosted by suspended Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar in New Delhi last week, over which a huge row has erupted. Mr Kasuri has suddenly found himself at the center of a controversy after Prime Minister Narendra Modi suggested that the Congress was conspiring with Pakistani leaders to prevent the BJP from winning the election in Gujarat. Addressing an election rally in Palanpur in Gujarat this week, PM Modi claimed some Pakistani officials and former prime minister Manmohan Singh met at Mr Aiyar's house over dinner on December 6.
In an exclusive interview to Press Trust of India, Mr Kasuri said he was unnecessarily "dragged" into Indian politics, when none of Pak-India domestic issues came up for discussion at the dinner. He has the "proof", so he should be believed :D
To a question as why PM Modi alleged Pakistani interference in Gujarat polls, Mr Kasuri said: "…this is most unfortunate as India is a mature democracy. In Pakistan on the other hand, during our election campaigns, Indian is never mentioned." :roll:
Sharing the guest list at the dinner, Mr Kasuri said former PM Manmohan Singh, ex-vice president Hamid Ansari, former minister K Natwar Singh, Pakistan High Commissioner to New Delhi Sohail Mahmood, some former Indian higher commissioner to Islamabad, defence analysts and well-known journalists were also present. chai-biskoot club :mrgreen:
"Sohail Mahmood was invited since the dinner was organised for a former foreign minister of Pakistan," he said but feigned ignorance about the presence of any Pakistani former intelligence official in the meeting. "I am not aware of it (presence of Pakistani intelligence official)." Even aware, is he going to admit this . People remember his interview, which was abruptly terminated, at the Paki High Commission in Delhi, by an embassy based intelligence official , because the topic was getting controversial :mrgreen:
Mr Kasuri said that he has also links with politicians from PM Modi's BJP and was instrumental for the visit of LK Advani to Pakistan. In the bigger scheme of things, that means zero. Imran Khan has visited India many times. Does it mean anything :mrgreen:
"On my invitation, Advani visited to Katas Raj (Hindu holy place) in Pakistan. The impression given in media that I have only links with Congress men is wrong," Mr Kasuri said.He remembered Mr Aiyar as old "friend from Cambridge days" and said the presence of "dignitaries" at the dinner was due to his "involvement with the peace process." The "Track Thoo" process !
He also took credit for making progress towards resolution of all issues when he was foreign minister of the then military ruler Pervez Musharraf."When I was the Foreign Minister we made a lot of progress on all outstanding issues including Jammu and Kashmir," said Mr Kasuri, who served as Pakistan's Foreign Minister between November 2002 and November 2007.Mr Kasuri said that he has long been involved on the Track II diplomacy and expressed his desire that Pakistan and India must resolve all their disputes through bilateral negotiations. "This (peaceful resolution of disputes) is essential to fight poverty in both the countries," he said. As Modi-ji has said terrorism and talks cannot be conducted at the same time !
In his speech, PM Modi had also mentioned Sardar Arshad Rafiq, whom he identified as "Pakistan's former Army director general" for alleged interference in Gujarat polls.
Little is known about Mr Rafiq (This is a "Deep State" organ! ) except that he belongs to Palandri area of Pakistani Kashmir and served in the army. He currently lives in garrison city of Rawalpindi, according to his Facebook account.
"India should stop dragging Pakistan into its electoral debate and win victories on own strength rather than fabricated conspiracies, which are utterly baseless and irresponsible," Dr Faisal tweeted on Monday. :roll:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Now Ishaq Dar And Altaf Bhai Have Something In Common. "Capture" Of Both Now Outsourced To Interpol :mrgreen:

Ishaq Dar to be brought back in Pakistan via Interpol: Report
ISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has decided to bring back Finance Minister Ishaq Dar with the help of the Interpol, Geo News has reported.NAB will issue a red warrant for Senator Ishaq Dar, anotification issued by the accountability department said.An executive board meeting, chaired by Chairman NAB Javed Iqbal, decided to bring Dar back to Pakistan with the help of the Interpol. Is Interpol allowed to interfere in the domestic affairs of its member countries :roll:
The statement added that Dar who is receiving medical treatment in London has already been declared a proclaimed offender by the accountability court which is heating a corruption reference against him."Dar is suffering from no such ailment that cannot be treated in Pakistan," the NAB notification said. The same can be said for Pervaiz Musharaf, who in spite of his back ailment cum heart ailment was seen "dancing" in London, interviewed in Dubai and New York. At least the same cannot be alleged for Dar
During Thursday's hearing on Dar's corruption reference, the accountability court was presented with details of the accused's bank accounts.Dar, a serving senator, is accused of possessing assets disproportionate to his declared sources of income. The case was filed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in light of the Supreme Court's July 28 verdict in the Panama Papers case. In Altaf Bhai's case, a big, fat dossier was delivered to Interpol ( and to Scotland Yard too ), but he is still mocking Paki leaders from his London flat :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Mullahs Unite ! Danger To Malsi :roll:

Muttahida MajlisAmal (MMA) restored
KARACHI: Religious parties, including Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan (JI), Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam- Fazl (JUI-F), Jamiat Ulema-e-Pakistan- Noorani (JUP-N) and others announced to restored Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA), an alliance that had formed provincial government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in 2002.
But JUI and JI, and their "leaders" Fazl and Siraj are sworn political enemies :roll:
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Falijee wrote:Paki Kasuri "Breaks His Silence" ...
Mr Kasuri said: "…this is most unfortunate as India is a mature democracy. In Pakistan on the other hand, during our election campaigns, Indian is never mentioned." /quote]

Kasuri is a clown with perhaps an advance stage of dementia. The only common enemy that binds all paki political parties is India.