Geopolitics related seminars

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Atish
BRFite

Geopolitics related seminars

Post by Atish »

I just moved to Delhi and am keen to attend various seminars linked to geopolitical affairs happening open to the general public. I have not found any place where such things are listed. I asked Promit Palchaudhari (HT foreign affairs editor and a neighbor) and a JNU foreign affairs person they pretty much refused to help.

Can we list seminars happening over the world which forumites can attend?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Geopolitics related seminars

Post by ramana »

In the world or India and in particular Delhi?
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Oberver Research Foundation does one every year in Delhi.
Vivekananda International Foundation also http://www.vifindia.org/

Gateway house does one in Mumbai @wadi who posts here is a member. http://www.gatewayhouse.in/goigd/

The US deep state orgs like Brookings et al also do hold talks but I think they are mostly for shady dealings with corrupt Indian politicians and businessmen. Currently that business must be in recession.
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

AJC Philadelphia/ Southern New Jersey (American Jewish Council)

Ambassador Speaker Series
Featuring Ambassador Neelam Deo, director GATEWAY HOUSE: Indian Council on Global Relations
Wednesday, April 11, 2018 12:00 p.m.

The Pyramid Club
1735 Market Street, 52nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103

Neelam Deo has served as the Indian ambassador to Denmark and Ivory Coast, and also served in Rome, Bangkok, Washington, D.C., and New York City. She currently is director of Gateway House, a foreign policy think tank in Mumbai, India focused on the nation’s role in global affairs.
She was joint secretary in the MEA division dealing with Bangladesh, Maldives, Myanmar and Nepal. She was Consul general in New York, 2005-2008 in her very last assignment. Prior to that she has liased with the NSC of the United states. This bio is from the invitation that I recd.

RSVP by calling the Philadelphia office at 215.665.2300

This event has come to my attention through the Hindu-Jewish Council HJC invitation for this event. HJC has Rajiv Malhotra and others on the board.

The event costs $20 that includes lunch, according to the invitation.