Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A News & Discussions: 09 February 2018

Kartik
BRF Oldie

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A News & Discussions: 09 February 2018

Post by Kartik »

If that were the case, how would this be possible?

JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

So inner two pylons on each wing and centreline (1,2,3,4,7) are cleared for drop tanks.
Last edited by JTull on 06 Apr 2018 13:23, edited 1 time in total.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

titash wrote: Interesting pic...looks like the tank being so far forward might interfere with the lightening pod during separation if not during carriage. If so, the centerline tank might be for air defence config only, freeing up all 6 wrong stations for AAMs
Don't worry.

But, I wonder if they change both the MLG door to be side opening, would more options open up for the centerline pylon?
dkhare
BRFite -Trainee

Post by dkhare »

Indranil wrote:
titash wrote: Interesting pic...looks like the tank being so far forward might interfere with the lightening pod during separation if not during carriage. If so, the centerline tank might be for air defence config only, freeing up all 6 wrong stations for AAMs
Don't worry.

But, I wonder if they change both the MLG door to be side opening, would more options open up for the centerline pylon?
I was thinking the same thing - tandem bomb racks like the Jaguar, more quad racks for the SAAW, etc. In most fighters, the center fuel tank tapers at an angle to match the angle when take off rotation occurs. If they move the MLG they can design a longer, higher capacity, oval center line fuel tank for extended on-station time on CAP.

But for all that they must move the MLG to the side under the wing root and/or side fuselage behind the intakes as the intake duct merges towards the center for the engine. It may make the design of the MLG simpler and lighter (maybe?). I would also use the opportunity to do a little better wing fuselage blending on the bottom side. They have done an excellent job blending on the top - do something similar on the bottom as well - may help reduce drag (maybe?).

If we are thinking about it, I am sure they have thought & considered it too but there are engineering trade-offs of balancing extra weight for blending, all the redesign & testing that would be required to re-certify the configuration, not to mention the FCS tweaks for center of gravity changes for the MLG. All this while keeping time lines of delivery in mind.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

We could collaborate to write a little book on "Aerodynamics from still 2D images"
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

we sould revive BR MONITOR
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Interview with IAF Chief
http://bharatshakti.in/rafale-provides- ... air-chief/

NG: The IAF is often seen as reluctant user of indigenously-built Tejas aircraft. Is that philosophy changing? Does the IAF still think it is a good aircraft but not yet a good enough combat jet? Are you working with ADA and HAL to improve Tejas? What changes would you like to see in Tejas so that it forms the bulk of the IAF inventory in the coming decade?

CAS: The IAF has fully supported the LCA program since the very beginning. Our test pilots have been involved since early 1990’s with the LCA program. The IAF provides critical support for flight trials at Bangaluru and the LCA would not have reached the present state without the active involvement and support of the IAF. The numbers speak for themselves and as it stands today, the IAF has committed for 123 LCA (40 x LCA, 83 x LCA Mk-1A).

The LCA is a potent platform which is being inducted to replace the ageing MiG-21 fleet and will fulfill its assigned role and tasks. As far as improvements are concerned, the LCA Mk-1A will have better capabilities such as AESA Radar, integrated Electronic Warfare Suite, long range Beyond Visual Range missile, Air to Air Refueling and better avionics with many maintainability improvements. The LCA Mk 2,which will have further enhancements, is at the design stage. We are also working with DRDO for the indigenous AMCA program.

NG: How many more Tejas aircraft would you like to see in the IAF in the next 10 years?

CAS: The IAF has committed for procurement of 123 x LCA. As you are aware, the IAF has already signed two contracts for 40 x LCA Mk 1 aircraft. Of these, 20 are in the Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) standard and 20 will be in Final Operational Clearance (FOC) standard. RFP for 83 x LCA Mk 1A was issued in Dec 17. These deliveries of these aircraft would be completed in the next 10 years. We expect LCA Mk-2 to replace Mirage 2000, Jaguar and MiG-29 aircraft in the future.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/ ... 64203.html

Tejas will the brahmos for the IAF ! .. highly upgradable as far as software is concerned and a bigger version would be meaner and badder :mrgreen:

“Tejas is a designer’s marvel. The Test Pilots and the designers have brought in the best of all fleets across the world and put in a small platform and that makes it unique. It is an intelligent combination of the best systems in the world,” says Wg Cdr Tolani.

IAF insiders say there has been a huge excitement for various fighter pilots to get posted to the Flying Daggers and be a part of ‘The Invincibles.’ After all, guts and glory go together, for air warriors!
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

dkhare wrote:
Indranil wrote: Don't worry.

I was thinking the same thing - tandem bomb racks like the Jaguar, more quad racks for the SAAW, etc. In most fighters, the center fuel tank tapers at an angle to match the angle when take off rotation occurs. If they move the MLG they can design a longer, higher capacity, oval center line fuel tank for extended on-station time on CAP.

But for all that they must move the MLG to the side under the wing root and/or side fuselage behind the intakes as the intake duct merges towards the center for the engine. It may make the design of the MLG simpler and lighter (maybe?). I would also use the opportunity to do a little better wing fuselage blending on the bottom side. They have done an excellent job blending on the top - do something similar on the bottom as well - may help reduce drag (maybe?).

If we are thinking about it, I am sure they have thought & considered it too but there are engineering trade-offs of balancing extra weight for blending, all the redesign & testing that would be required to re-certify the configuration, not to mention the FCS tweaks for center of gravity changes for the MLG. All this while keeping time lines of delivery in mind.
What you are suggesting is very extensive work. It will necessitate changing the interior structures quite a lot. I was just speaking of changing the doors.

P.S.

I don't know of any light-medium aircraft which can carry bombs in tandem on the centerline pylon. Jaguar can do so because of its unusually long LGs. Regarding the Fuel tank at that position, they cannot lengthen it too much beyond the current tank. May be half a meter to the front and the back. It is not about the canting at the rear (All DFTs on Tejas have those), but the CG management. The way to increase capacity significantly would be to flatten and fatten it.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Learnerd gurus - one thing that I have always been curious about, is there a roadmap to put rocket pods on the tejas ?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

suryag wrote:Learnerd gurus - one thing that I have always been curious about, is there a roadmap to put rocket pods on the tejas ?
I.dont know. Rockets look awesome but are not effective due to lack of accuracy. I wish we had a post 1965 war battle damage assessment of Chamb area where the aircraft used rockets on tanks.
To be effective need some guidance and then they become air to surface missiles.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

kit wrote:http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/ ... 64203.html

Tejas will the brahmos for the IAF ! .. highly upgradable as far as software is concerned and a bigger version would be meaner and badder :mrgreen:

Snip,....

As more and more pilot's and ground crew get acquainted with the basic character of the Tejas. The IAF will take complete owner ship of the program.

It has a word beater on its hands.

The detractors will not have a place to hide.
Last edited by SSridhar on 07 Apr 2018 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to fix Quote tag
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

ramana wrote:
suryag wrote:Learnerd gurus - one thing that I have always been curious about, is there a roadmap to put rocket pods on the tejas ?
I.dont know. Rockets look awesome but are not effective due to lack of accuracy. I wish we had a post 1965 war battle damage assessment of Chamb area where the aircraft used rockets on tanks.
To be effective need some guidance and then they become air to surface missiles.
Up until the 1980s, rockets were quite prevalent on fixed wing aircrafts. Then once MANPADS came about rockets started losing their wide usage. Modern tactics favor stand-off weapons.

On the other hand, helicopters will continue to use rockets as one of their primary weapons for CAS.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

It should be quite easy to add rockets if the need arises.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

We expect LCA Mk-2 to replace Mirage 2000, Jaguar and MiG-29 aircraft in the future.
Interesting comment. What is AMCA replacing then? Jag will be there for another 10 yrs, same with mirage and mig29. Surely LCA MK2 is not expected to get into production after 10 yrs.

Moreover what is replacing mig21 bison? If MK2 is replacing existing jets, we will not be hitting 42 sqd strength for a really long time.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

srai wrote: Up until the 1980s, rockets were quite prevalent on fixed wing aircrafts. Then once MANPADS came about rockets started losing their wide usage. Modern tactics favor stand-off weapons.
Statistics about dumb bombs to smart bomb ratios in the gulf wars and 2 day old news of the Chinese starting a 180day exercise to practice using dumb bombs because they will run out of smart munitions goes against this prediction. In total war rockets WILL be used. In limited wars it may be possible to be picky
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

srai wrote: Up until the 1980s, rockets were quite prevalent on fixed wing aircrafts. Then once MANPADS came about rockets started losing their wide usage. Modern tactics favor stand-off weapons.

On the other hand, helicopters will continue to use rockets as one of their primary weapons for CAS.
2018 - http://www.janes.com/article/78301/usmc ... -18-hornet

Both guided and unguided rockets on fixed winged fast jets can of great utility under some circumstance and for certain missions and target sets.
Statistics about dumb bombs to smart bomb ratios in the gulf wars
The first GW would be a better example. The second one had a majority PGM use (nearly 70% of the 29K munitions used).
titash
BRFite

Post by titash »

nam wrote:
We expect LCA Mk-2 to replace Mirage 2000, Jaguar and MiG-29 aircraft in the future.
Interesting comment. What is AMCA replacing then? Jag will be there for another 10 yrs, same with mirage and mig29. Surely LCA MK2 is not expected to get into production after 10 yrs.

Moreover what is replacing mig21 bison? If MK2 is replacing existing jets, we will not be hitting 42 sqd strength for a really long time.
I think there's a little bit of fudging/sleight-of-hand as well as hedging bets here by all parties involved. :rotfl:

1) The FGFA was supposed to come (approx 150 units) --> nowhere on the horizon now --> this is the supposed Su-30 replacement

2) The AMCA was supposed to replace the Jaguar/MiG29/Mirage2000 which will retire by 2030 --> clearly the AMCA is not coming in 12 years; we haven't even seen a full scale mock up at this time, let alone a prototype or flight tests

3) The MMRCA was supposed to come (approx 126 units) to replace the MiG27s and *SOME* of the MiG21s that were retiring --> this was cut down to 36 rafales, plus potential future orders since we know the IAF likes the rafale

4) The Tejas Mk1 was supposed to replace the MiG21 (approx 200 units) --> pared down to 123 in Mk1/Mk1a format

The Tejas Mk2 - let's call it MahaTejas, as per Dileep - has a very ambiguous gap to fill...some of the old MiG21 slots, some of the MMRCA slots, and now apparently some of the MiG29/Mirage2000/Jaguar slots :D

>> In 10 years time, the strengthening of air defences on all sides will make the Jaguar's low level penetration role something that must be fulfilled by a stealth aircraft; either the AMCA or the rafale's "active radar cancellation"/SCEPTRE blah! The MahaTejas is probably not designed for that role.

>> The MiG29 has a dedicated interceptor/air superiority role that is by now well covered between the Su-30 and the Tejas Mk1/Mk1a...the MahaTejas can very likely be replacements for the MiG29

>> The Mirage2000's jack-of-all-trades role is very likely to be taken over by 36 + future orders of the "omnirole" rafale plus the AMCA if it materializes. If not, expect very large future rafale orders

Our only bets to maintain squadron strength are to keep making Tejas MK1s/MK1As, since a bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush. I think more than likely, the IAF will buy as many Tejas Mk1, Mk1A as HAL can make.

The other variable to bear in mind is the success or failure of the chinese J-20 and J-31. If the J-20 succeeds, there will be immediate pressure to buy 150-200 FGFAs from Russia. If the J-31 succeeds and the PAF gets 100+ of them as F-16 replacements, there will be hightened pressure to buy 100+ more rafales.

The MahaTejas & Rafales are hedges against the delay or failure of the AMCA and FGFA. The MahaTejas is a lower risk program than the AMCA, and buying large numbers of MahaTejas + Rafales + AWACS can make the PAF/PLAAF hesitate even if the J-20 and J-31 succeed.

I don't think anyone has a very clear idea of what the future holds - maybe even the IAF chief. Overall a very confused scenario...
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

Last edited by Haridas on 08 Apr 2018 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Any news on the FOC to Tejas? What is the cause for delay now? IIRC, all the milestones have been achieved.
Shankk
BRFite

Post by Shankk »

Wet refueling is not done yet. IIRC it is planned sometime after June this year. Max time for FOC would be end of this year.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Thanks Shankk.
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

Vips wrote:Any news on the FOC to Tejas? What is the cause for delay now? IIRC, all the milestones have been achieved.
The FOC CLAW software for Tejas was delivered by NAL only in February and is being flight tested. Once the flight testing is completed by NFTC and ADA and certified by CEMILAC (around September), FOC can be expected around November.

The timeframe of Tejas development is decided by the flight testing and software development - testing - tweaking - testing - tweaking - testing - certification. Systems development/improvement like AAM or IFR or radar or ECM happens concurrently and is not a contributor to delays.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

X-Post

If HAL and Indian govt set their sights on it, then there is no reason why a minimum of 80 Tejas per year cannot be produced starting from financial year 2022-2023. Only caveat is that the executing team at HAL will have to be liberated from the shackles of CVC, CAG and other departmental procedures and guidelines, after the budget has been allocated.
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

I was invited to the Indian Express signature event #ExpressAdda With Nirmala Sitharaman, Union Minister Of Defence, on Saturday 7th April.

During the course of the event, I brought up the topic of SQR's being drafted to suit foreign systems, and Tejas & Arjun not being inducted in sufficient numbers. Her response in the the following video from 1:11:48 to 1:14:09

https://www.facebook.com/indianexpress/ ... 219028826/

Also met up with BRF member Kapil Chandni whom I remembered from his photos of Su-30MKI induction.

To answer Deejay's post some pages back on how she'll be as a war leader, check out her response on 31:29 on India making the LoC hot.

"We cant allow them to come in and then strategize how to contain millitancy."

"We're finishing them off at the LoC"

31:50 "Its my business to keep the border safe, and if my enemy continues to keep hitting, I cant be tired...but if I have somebody who is constantly violating the border, violating the ceasefire, encouraging state and non state actors to get in, is it not my business to protect ourselves? Is it not my business to ensure they dont come in, and I shall do it tirelessly."

No Defence Minister in India has ever been so proactively hands on with statements like,"Its my business to keep the border safe" and "I shall do it tirelessly"
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

I was going through the following reports for F-35 and the concurrent engineering approach followed there often leads to insufficient testing and bugs propagating to production.

http://aviationweek.com/defense/will-us ... 3af5135708
Meanwhile, the Joint Program Office (JPO) has resolved three major deficiencies on the F-35C: a “green glow” that obscures pilots’ vision during nighttime carrier landings; violent vertical oscillations during carrier launches; and overloading of the wings when carrying Raytheon’s AIM-9X air-to-air missiles, the aircraft’s primary dogfighting weapons.

The most worrisome is the “green glow” on the Gen III Helmet Mounted Display. It uses an active matrix liquid crystal display (AMLCD) to project symbology electronically onto the pilot’s visor. But the display’s backlighting produces a green glow that can obscure the outside environment, particularly in low-visibility conditions, making it difficult for pilots to detect outside light sources and the cues they need to land safely.

Early next year, the Navy expects to field the first production version of a new helmet that uses an organic light-emitting diode (OLED) display, instead of the AMLCD. The F-35 enterprise has been testing a prototype of the helmet, and so far the OLED does not have the same backlighting problems as the AMLCD version, Horan says.

The Navy also is satisfied with a solution to another significant problem seen during carrier operations: violent vertical oscillations during catapult shots. Pilots reported these oscillations were so severe that they could not read flight-critical data, according to the Pentagon’s director of operational test and evaluation. The oscillations also caused most pilots to lock their harnesses during launches, making emergency switches hard to reach.

Testers discovered that the tension setting on the repeatable release holdback bar—the bar that holds the nose gear immediately before the catapult shot—was too strong, Horan explains. Engineers relaxed that tension slightly, which reduced the oscillations. In addition, the Navy is teaching pilots to pay more attention to the way they strap into their seats.

Finally, the Navy still is working to replace the outer wings of the existing F-35Cs to allow the aircraft to carry Raytheon air-to-air AIM-9X Sidewinders. Testers discovered during flight trials in 2015 that the outer, folding portions of the wings were not strong enough to support the loads induced by pylons with the AIM-9Xs during certain maneuvers.

Flight-testing of the enhanced outer wing design has been completed, and now the Navy is racing to install the modifications in time for IOT&E, Horan says. Four of the six aircraft required for IOT&E have received the fix, and Horan is confident all six will be completed in time to start the test period on schedule later this year.

After that, two kits per month will be delivered to the fleet until all the F-35Cs have the fix, Horan said. AIM-9X capability is planned for the 3F software block.
http://aviationweek.com/defense/f-35c-n ... rry-aim-9x
“It was discovered the outer, folding portion of the wing has inadequate structural strength to support the loads induced by pylons with AIM-9X missiles during maneuvers that cause buffet,” Bogdan says in written testimony to Congress on Feb. 16.

Engineers have already produced an enhanced outer wing design, which is now undergoing flight testing. The issue has impacted the timeline for fielding AIM-9X, which is being rolled out for the Navy in Block 3F. “Once the new design is verified to provide the require strength, the fix will be implemented in production and retrofitted to existing aircraft by swapping existing outer wings with the redesigned ones,” Bogdan writes.
And the Sidewinder is as basic and as American a missile as it gets around since the 50's and they couldnt get the wing structure right.
Another task for the F-35 team is adding a moving target capability, as reported by Aviation Week on Feb. 15. There are currently no plans to install weapons capable of hitting moving and maneuvering targets, such as an insurgent driving away in a pickup truck. These types of weapons were designed for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and can hit targets traveling at speeds of up to at 70 mph. They are now making their mark in the air campaign against the Islamic State group. Because the F-35’s laser designator cannot lead the target, its basic inventory of late-1990s guided bombs will fall short if that target moves briskly.
Open nations like India and US are open about challenges faced and work to resolve them unlike the Chinese whose planes are perfect from Day 1.
Last edited by ramana on 09 Apr 2018 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added significant issue and the fix. ramana
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

Part of every advanced system development is a process of discovery and rectification. This is carried out by a combination of engineers, test-professionals and other subject matter experts. In open societies it is reported and freely discussed and official documents, right down to the actual test-pilot reports open to Freedom of Information requests. This has in the past and will continue to be used by others to attack systems, completely ignoring the iterative discovery-->discovery rectification process. Whether that is a hipster blogger with a degree in conflict-resolution, or media publications originating form adversarial nations it really does not matter what the source is (ignorant, or out with an agenda). Policy makers and operators just have to live with that and see past the crap.

In case of China we only get official news outlet, an occasional picture from behind shurbbery and random twitter accounts who basically recycle information and pictures from Chinese forums and SM. And we are to quietly believe that they have found a way to bypass that complex, complicated and time-consuming iterative process of discoveries and rectification.
Last edited by brar_w on 09 Apr 2018 16:34, edited 2 times in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

there have been experiments with F-18 sending inflight updates to a few GPS guided munitions in flight by somehow obtaining the changing GPS co-ordinates of moving targets (dont know how its done) . not sure this capability is fielded or they use a cheaper option like a maverick missile or a hellfire+LDP combo. the designator of platforms like A10 and Apaches would surely be able to track moving targets. likewise for the brimstone on the tornado
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

Singha wrote:there have been experiments with F-18 sending inflight updates to a few GPS guided munitions in flight by somehow obtaining the changing GPS co-ordinates of moving targets (dont know how its done) . not sure this capability is fielded or they use a cheaper option like a maverick missile or a hellfire+LDP combo. the designator of platforms like A10 and Apaches would surely be able to track moving targets. likewise for the brimstone on the tornado
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7625&p=2264677#p2264677
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

brar_w wrote:This has in the past and will continue to be used by others to attack systems, completely ignoring the iterative discovery-->discovery rectification process. Whether that is a hipster blogger with a degree in conflict-resolution, or media publications originating form adversarial nations it really does not matter what the source is (ignorant, or out with an agenda). Policy makers and operators just have to live with that and see past the crap.
All fair points, except that AW&ST isn't a hipster blogger with a degree in conflict-resolution, or media publications originating form adversarial nations. And factual reporting doesn't constitute an attack. I would've expected Lockheed Martin to get the wing right in the first iteration, since AIM-9X loadout characteristics would be very well known in the US.
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

Tsarkar, I was not talking about the AW&ST article or it's author but others who take stuff out of context and don't have any background that will assist them in the accurate interpretation of official reports. I have written about these and other issues in the past but in the end there will always be discoveries some major others minor and fixes will be designed, verified and implemented as well. The program budgeted 1% for concurrent ECOs and is well under that. We can discuss more in an appropriate thread.
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

tsarkar wrote:I was invited to the Indian Express signature event #ExpressAdda With Nirmala Sitharaman, Union Minister Of Defence, on Saturday 7th April.

During the course of the event, I brought up the topic of SQR's being drafted to suit foreign systems, and Tejas & Arjun not being inducted in sufficient numbers. Her response in the the following video from 1:11:48 to 1:14:09

She says the discussion has moved on to how quickly the industry can scale up and deliver products. We will have to wait and see if the firm orders for larger quantities get signed or not. IMO, the orders are still lacking for LCA and Arjun for the Indian industries to truly scale up.
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

tsarkar wrote:Has the Air Force version ever been seen with fuselage centreline drop tanks or stores? Only the Navy version with longer undercarriage has been seen with a centreline drop tank.
It seems FB Tejas admin is listening ;)
prat.patel
BRFite -Trainee

Post by prat.patel »

tsarkar wrote:I was invited to the Indian Express signature event #ExpressAdda With Nirmala Sitharaman, Union Minister Of Defence, on Saturday 7th April.

"
Thank you Sir for sharing this link. It was a very good event! Mighty impressed with the RM. Very clear in the message she wanted to give.

Continuing from the section you have pointed out.... The next question itself was kinda a tricky one - regarding AFSPA. Loved the response - "Don't disagree with you. But you will know when its time on what action we take!" Excellent, excellent reply!!!!

I wanted to jump into the very next part after that - starting 1:15:01. The gentleman who spoke (Mr. Ashank Desai) is the founder of the company I am working in for past 15 years. Great guy!!! A very jingoistic appeal by him, I must say - rather than a question :D
Although the RM didn't respond anything (and very rightly so), wanted to ask the experts here - What is the ground reality and how are we doing on software front for defense.
BTW - I am 100% sure this is not the right thread for this discussion. Please let me know which one is the appropriate thread and I will move the discussion there.
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

Clean config
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

srai wrote:Clean config
. i can imagine Tejas as a stealth fighter with the right modifications !!
KBDagha
BRFite

Post by KBDagha »

prat.patel wrote:

"
Thank you Sir for sharing this link. It was a very good event! Mighty impressed with the RM. Very clear in the message she wanted to give.

Continuing from the section you have pointed out.... The next question itself was kinda a tricky one - regarding AFSPA. Loved the response - "Don't disagree with you. But you will know when its time on what action we take!" Excellent, excellent reply!!!!

I wanted to jump into the very next part after that - starting 1:15:01. The gentleman who spoke (Mr. Ashank Desai) is the founder of the company I am working in for past 15 years. Great guy!!! A very jingoistic appeal by him, I must say - rather than a question :D
Although the RM didn't respond anything (and very rightly so), wanted to ask the experts here - What is the ground reality and how are we doing on software front for defense.
BTW - I am 100% sure this is not the right thread for this discussion. Please let me know which one is the appropriate thread and I will move the discussion there.
OT

Which team? I worked for the same company.
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

brar_w wrote:Part of every advanced system development is a process of discovery and rectification. This is carried out by a combination of engineers, test-professionals and other subject matter experts. In open societies it is reported and freely discussed and official documents, right down to the actual test-pilot reports open to Freedom of Information requests. This has in the past and will continue to be used by others to attack systems, completely ignoring the iterative discovery-->discovery rectification process. Whether that is a hipster blogger with a degree in conflict-resolution, or media publications originating form adversarial nations it really does not matter what the source is (ignorant, or out with an agenda). Policy makers and operators just have to live with that and see past the crap.

In case of China we only get official news outlet, an occasional picture from behind shurbbery and random twitter accounts who basically recycle information and pictures from Chinese forums and SM. And we are to quietly believe that they have found a way to bypass that complex, complicated and time-consuming iterative process of discoveries and rectification.
+100
prat.patel
BRFite -Trainee

Post by prat.patel »

KBDagha wrote: OT

Which team? I worked for the same company.
^^^^
:) yeah it will get OT here. My email id - Pratyush.patel@majesco.com. Lets take it offline.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Tsarkar: can you summarize what the RM said? The Facebook video audio quality is very poor.