Terroristan - April 24, 2018

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - April 24, 2018

Post by sanjaykumar »

saip wrote:This guy wants Indian heart only as Pakistan does not have proper facilities. Wherest thou H&D?

Link

Pakistan has not done a human heart transplant, they were to do one in 2011 and then again in 2016.

What is amazing is the insight into the Pakistani mind this incident provides. There was a comment by a Pakistani in Dawn that the patient should get a cardiac transplant in India as it is his RIGHT.

This video shows the infrastructure divergence in India and Pakistan, there is every reason to believe this discrepancy extends to all fields of human endeavour.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

India, Pakistan revive Track II diplomacy - Sachin Parashar, ToI

Absolutely useless. Coming in the wake of the Modi-Xi meeting and the supposed hand of Xi in the NoKo-SoKo peace initiatives, people may attribute Chankianness here. But, that is incorrect, IMO.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

All important governments from around the world do maintain formal ties with Islamabad in their own interests and we do get pressure from all our *friends* to talk to Bakistan from time to time.

We need to show our friends that we are listening to them once in a while just as out friends need to show Bakistan that they are being listened to once in a while by pressuring India on talks.

I see it as a simple pressure release kind of talk by throwing them i.e. our *friends* a bone once in a while. Till GOI is clear that chai biskoot is the primary agenda it is fine.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

SSridhar wrote:India, Pakistan revive Track II diplomacy - Sachin Parashar, ToI

Absolutely useless. Coming in the wake of the Modi-Xi meeting and the supposed hand of Xi in the NoKo-SoKo peace initiatives, people may attribute Chankianness here. But, that is incorrect, IMO.
I don't think there is any Chankianness, though ToI is slyly trying to put its own spin here
To many though the revival of Neemrana would suggest that the policy of not having any engagement with Pakistan has run its course.
I think great insight comes from the words of former foreign secy Kanwal SIbal
Former foreign secretary Kanwal Sibal, who is a member of the Neemrana group, chose not to visit Pakistan for the dialogue. He, however, said that Neemrana was an important initiative which had even survived some very difficult times in the relationship.

"Neemrana has had a tough time over the past few years. Both sides felt though that it was important to keep alive that tradition but I didn't go because I don't think it would yield significant results in the current circumstances,'' said Sibal.
I would say he would have enough inputs from the government sources to conclude that this would be nothing more than a chai-biskoot session, no charters or declarations are planned or expected. Sounds like a Track-thoo version of Modi-Xi meeting- "no outcomes, only understanding"- whatever that means.

Another interesting bit is this
Official sources said that it was Pakistan's turn to host the track II dialogue but it could not take place earlier because Islamabad refused to approve it. This was apparently to show its displeasure over India's position that there could be no official talks with Pakistan until the time it reined in terrorists looking to attack India.
I would interpret this as Bakis demanding official talks and probably resumption of cricketing ties and GoI telling them to "Scram, Track-thoo is all you'll get."

Also it seems it's a season of talks, everyone is talking to everyone, before regular programming resumes.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Or trial balloon from #mediapimps.
Pathik
BRFite

Post by Pathik »

Most of Pakistan's attacks have come in the wake of peace initiatives like samjhauta express. We need to be on the watch and continue the heavy shelling along with the track thoo. Ministers talking peace and Army continuing its muh tod jawab should go hand in hand
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Yeah . . yeah. . . I know all that about the need to put on a show, friends etc.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

SSridhar wrote:Yeah . . yeah. . . I know all that about the need to put on a show, friends etc.
In my opinion an exercise in futility. I wonder why GoI keeps going down the same path again and again.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

^^ TOI is twisting the story., they are trying to give hawa to a non-existent track-thoo. Read the article carefully, Kanwal Sibal who vigourously supports the cause himself is not attending. And instead of being hosted in Islamabad, it is hosted in India by retd. ex-MEA who are well retired and think that they can think.

---

TOI can print fake news or paid news or fake paid news. It is to your discretion whether to believe it or not.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

^^ToI quoted Kanwal Sibal as saying
"Neemrana has had a tough time over the past few years. Both sides felt though that it was important to keep alive that tradition but I didn't go because I don't think it would yield significant results in the current circumstances,'' said Sibal.
It seems the meeting was in Pakistan.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

If Private residents want to meet Pakistanis and indulge in any kind of fluid sharing - bodily or otherwise, what can the GoI do about it? The headline itself is misleading.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

SSridhar Ji :

I am of the opinion that Eleven Gin Pegs MUST have mentioned to Modi Ji to start some sort of a Dialogue with Terroristan as the Last Paragraph states :
Leaving humanitarian issues aside, India has been reluctant to acknowledge any engagement with Pakistan even in the domain of people to people contacts. Its decision to sponsor the participation of 4 Indian authors in the Karachi Literature Festival last year had sparked a public outrage.
Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakistan Is Not Yet Ready For Male - Female Equality !

Husband allegedly kills KP’s first female taxi driver
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Peregrine ji, In the Korean peninsula, China is playing a huge highstakes game in collusion with NoKo to achieve three things. One, show China's clout; two, drive a wedge between SoKo & USA; three, isolate USA.

I believe that the latest Modi-Xi summit is a part of the same Chinese strategy, vis-a-vis India.

Besides, China desperately wants India on its side in the BRI project, which is *not* doing all that well.

To that extent, I would agree with you that Xi would have spoken to Modi about India-Pakistan talks.

But, whether that alone would have triggered Track-II is a moot point, nowithstanding the skepticism of many that there is no talk on the anvil and it is all a figment of ToI's imagination.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

"Apologist For Pakiland" Journo In Delhi "Pleads" For Some Sort Of Confederation Between India And Pakistan In The Light Of The Recent Korea Summit. Says That If The Two Koreas Can Step Towards Reconciliation, Why Can't Pakistan And India :roll:

Koreas and South Asia
Jawed Naqvi

Some of his opinions ( like the below ) may want you to "throw up" ) :twisted:

For eg:
Today, Jinnah would be scratching his head with disbelief at the narrow ideas they have imposed on his country to stifle women and random communities. DJinnah stoked up inter -communal rivalry to achieve "his Pakistan". His subsequent actions showed that he was an out and out Islamist and not a secularist as he is being depicted to be !
Consider this: what was so frightening about crossing a demarcation line that nobody on the peninsula saw as terribly helpful? Jinnah saw the need for Pakistan as a last resort. Gandhi accepted it grudgingly. And their admirers don’t see the point even when their dreams are exploding. :roll:
The journo is still "aching" for some sort of a confederation between the two rivals !!!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Will These Window Dressing Measures Help Pakiland Escape The FATF Black List :twisted:

Pakistan sets tough regulations against terror financing, anti money laundering :((
May 1, 2018
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Falijee wrote:Pakistan Drops In Army Ranking

Pakistan Army Ranked Among the World’s 20 Most Powerful Militaries
Global Firepower has released the rankings for the most powerful militaries in the world for 2018. Previously, Pakistan was ranked 13th in the list, however, this time the country has dropped four places to stand at 17th.
The website ranks countries based on 55 different factors that make the overall comparison fair. The rankings are made by incorporating following variables in general;
Falijee Ji :

I have a Comparison of the 2017 Global Power Comparison as follows :

http://www.globalfirepower.com/countrie ... it=COMPARE

Comparisons of World Military Strengths Results - Military power comparison results for India vs. Pakistan.

India Terroristan

GFP Rank: 4 (of 126)-- 13 (of 126)

Total Population: 1,266,883,598-- 201,995,540

Manpower Available: 616,000,000-- 95,000,000

Fit-for-Service: 489,600,000-- 75,325,000

Reaching Military Age Annually: 022,900,0004-- 04,345,000

Active Military Personnel: 001,325,000-- 00,620,000

Active Military Reserves: 002,143,000-- 00,515,000

Aircraft (All Types): 2,102-- 951

Helicopters: 666-- 316

Attack Helicopters: 16-- 52

Attack Aircraft (Fixed-Wing): 809-- 394

Fighter Aircraft: 676-- 301

Trainer Aircraft: 323-- 190

Transport Aircraft: 857-- 261

Serviceable Airports: 346-- 151

Tank Strength: 4,426-- 2,924

AFV Strength: 6,704-- 2,828

SPG Strength: 290-- 465

Towed Artillery: 7,414-- 3,278

MLRS Strength: 292-- 134

Merchant Marine Strength: 340-- 11

Major Ports / Terminals: 7-- 2

Fleet Strength: 295-- 197

Aircraft Carriers: 3-- 0

Submarines: 15-- 8

Frigates: 14-- 10

Destroyers: 11-- 0

Corvettes: 23-- 0

Mine Warfare Craft: 6-- 3

Patrol Craft: 139-- 17

External Debt (USD): $507,000,000,000-- $64,040,000,000

Annual Defense Budget (USD): $51,000,000,000-- $7,000,000,000

Reserves For Exch / Gold (USD): $359,100,000,000-- $20,530,000,000

Purchasing Power Parity: $8,721,000,000,000-- $988,200,000,000

Labor Force: 513,700,000-- 65,100,000

Oil Production (Barrels/Day): 767,600 bbl-- 93,630 bbl

Oil Consumption (Barrels/Day): 3,510,000 bbl-- 440,000 bbl

Proven Oil Reserves (Barrels/Day): 5,675,000,000 bbl-- 400,000,000 bbl

Roadway Coverage (km): 3,320,410 km-- 260,760 km

Railway Coverage (km): 63,974 km -- 7,791 km

Waterway Coverage (km): 14,500 km -- 25,220 km

Coastline Coverage (km): 7,000 km-- 1,046 km

Shared Borders (km): 13,888 km-- 7,257 km

Square Land Area (km): 3,287,263 km-- 796,095 km

NOTE : The Terroristanis have "OFFICIALLY" Reduced their Active Military Personnel FIGURES by about 33%, which is a bare-faced LIE - An art that the Terroristanis have Mastered.

Also their ADMITTED Military Budget is now T. R. 1.46 TRILLION which at the present rate of US$ 1 = T. R. 115 EQUATES TO US$ 12.7 BILLION.

APOLOGY : I do not KNOW how to arrange the "TAB" Feature for making Columns - Teach me if you know how. Thanks in Advance.

Cheers Image
Last edited by Peregrine on 01 May 2018 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Peregrine wrote: APOLOGY : I do not KNOW how to arrange the "TAB" Feature for making Columns - Teach me if you know how. Thanks in Advance.
Try the code tag. It needs some trial and error for alignment of columns, but it would work.

For example,

Code: Select all

India  Terroristan

Tank Strength:   4,426-- 2,924

AFV Strength:    6,704-- 2,828

SPG Strength:      290-- 465 
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

SSridhar wrote:
Peregrine wrote: APOLOGY : I do not KNOW how to arrange the "TAB" Feature for making Columns - Teach me if you know how. Thanks in Advance.
SSridhar wrote:Try the code tag. It needs some trial and error for alignment of columns, but it would work.

For example,

Code: Select all

India  Terroristan

Tank Strength:   4,426-- 2,924

AFV Strength:    6,704-- 2,828

SPG Strength:      290-- 465 
SSridhar Ji :

நன்றி ஸ்வாமிஜி!

Cheers Image
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Falijee wrote:Jawed Naqvi ....The journo is still "aching" for some sort of a confederation between the two rivals !!!
In one of my many email exchanges several years ago with this guy, I had written:
"You are an Indian citizen with an esteemed background but you write like a biased anti-Indian would write. I find your overall attitude towards Hindus to be biased. Don't you ever have anything good or balanced to say about the Indian society, in general, and the culture you live within, in particular? It is the same society that has given you the freedom, training, and education to say all the things that you say. Even my Pakistani friends here in NY are surprised to know that you are an Indian."
Naqvi cryptically wrote back:
"no, no antipathy towards india, gandhi, nehru, jp, or hindus. criticism directed at hindutva, muslim mullahs, and the indian state that connives with both. clear?"
Hmmmm...loves JP and Gandhi but hates the Indian State. Totally refused to acknowledge the right that he has been given to express his opinions about a society that nurtures and supports him with full freedom to express what ever he desires. He is a "Hole" looking for a "plate".

Naqvi's journalist brother is more credible, believable and trust worthy than him.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Indian lawmaker wants portrait of Quaid-e-Azam removed from Aligarh Muslim University

Indian lawmaker wants portrait of Quaid-e-Azam removed from Aligarh Muslim University :roll:
New Delhi: A lawmaker from India's ruling party demanded Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) remove portrait of Pakistan's founding father installed in the Students Union office.In letter addressed to the Aligarh Muslim University V-C Tariq Mansoor, BJP MP Satish Gautam said, "It is fine if Jinnah has been revered in Pakistan after Partition. But his portrait should not be put up here in India.” He said instead of putting Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah's portrait , the university should celebrate the contributions of Raja Mahendra Pratap and Sir Syed Ahmed who played a crucial role in establishing the university. Agree more than 100% with the BJP lawmaker . Pakistan has completely "varnished" any trace of "Hindu origins" , converting temples and gurdwaras into godowns and residences, renaming pre partition roads and landmarks , and presumably DJinnah or Liaqat Ali Khan did not have "objections" to the same . So much so for their so called secular credentials . So the = = concept can apply in this area as well :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Retired army officer shot dead
islamabad - A retired army officer was shot dead allegedly by one of his friends at the latter’s house in Bahria Town phase-III here on Saturday night, said the police Lieutenant Colonel (R) Raja Khurram Kiani was employed at the Defence Housing Authority in Rawalpindi. The police said that Kiani was at the residence of his friend Imran Waseem in Bahria Town, when he allegedly opened fire on him after an exchange of harsh words.
According to the police, the deceased and the suspect were discussing some matters when Waseem reportedly opened fire on Kiani.According to the statement of deceased’s son, the accused was standing beside the dead body when they reached the spot.He said that the accused told them that he has taught the deceased a lesson for demanding money back. Lohi Bher police have arrested the suspect and further investigation is underway. So, in spite of all this hoopla about law and order, and peace and security, the citizens of Pakiland still resort to "frontier justice" when it comes to settling disputes . :mrgreen: . The name of the deceased ( Kiani) is interesting. Maybe, he belongs to "Assphuck extended biradari ! The former COAS brother involved in "real estate business" has a well known reputation for "gol-maal". It is well known in fauji circles that the Ex COAS and his extended family have done "extremely well"- financially speaking - considering their humble beginnings of sons of non-commissioned officer in the British Army
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Journo Warns Of The Ever Anti- Chinese Dissent And The Hypocrisy Of The State !

Anti-China dissent
KK Shahid
May 1, 2018
“CPEC is a reality,” said Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi last Monday on the first of the two-day CPEC Summit, at Karachi’s Bagh-i-Jinnah. The PM also talked up the China Pakistan Economic Corridor as a “project for generations”.
Planning Minister Ahsan Iqbal, for long the Pakistani face associated with the project, was equally upbeat last week saying that CPEC is ‘not a debt trap’.“There are lobbies that are not happy with CPEC — it is not a debt trap. Some say China will become the East India Company; they haven’t read history. China seeks partnership. There is nothing to fear for Pakistani businesses [...] this is propaganda.” Beg to differ with the "esteemed minister" . After everything is said and done with the CPEC,- in a very simplified way, the Chinese will have all the "assets", and the Pakis will be stuck with the "liabilities" :mrgreen:
There can be many arguments made against CPEC’s comparison with the East India Company, but to dismiss it as propaganda doesn’t help address the concerns raised by many against the project. Of course, when you take a jibe against the critics for ‘not reading history’ and then in the very next sentence dub CPEC a partnership – which is precisely what the East India Company had sought initially – it doesn’t bode well for your claims either. :D
However, two recent developments indicate that the worries regarding CPEC are more than just about distribution of benefits – which of course on its own is a mammoth fear.
Last month, Chinese engineers clashed with the police in Khanewal, with the picture of one of the workers standing atop an official vehicle going viral on social media. While the engineers were deported, the image has been interpreted by many as symbolic of Chinese hegemony over Pakistan and the compromise of state sovereignty. These cultural clashes are bound to increase day by day !
A lesser known development, at least in terms of the coverage it has received are reports that a protest against the Chinese government is being plotted by Pakistani men whose wives of Uyghur ethnicity have been detained in Xinjiang. Most of these husbands are businessmen from Gilgit-Baltistan region, but many belong to other parts of the country as well.These detentions are a part of China’s plan to ‘reeducate’ the Muslim population in Xinjiang, which Beijing believes has been indoctrinated with radical Islam, resulting in the East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM) that is demanding secession from China.
Also, the fact that there is still a mainstreaming of jihadists going on, and radical Islamist continue to enjoy impunity, the double standards of the Pakistani state could be vociferously questioned in the near future.After all, how is a state that claims to have been created for Muslims in this region, that claims a right over Kashmir on this very argument, that wants Afghanistan to ditch India in its favour with this very justification, silent on the subjugation of Muslims that are not only being targeted by the one state that has become a basket carrying all of Pakistan’s eggs, but are actually calling for self-determination in a region that is geographically contiguous to this champion Muslim state?
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

sanjaykumar wrote:
saip wrote:This guy wants Indian heart only as Pakistan does not have proper facilities. Wherest thou H&D?

Link

Pakistan has not done a human heart transplant, they were to do one in 2011 and then again in 2016.

What is amazing is the insight into the Pakistani mind this incident provides. There was a comment by a Pakistani in Dawn that the patient should get a cardiac transplant in India as it is his RIGHT.

This video shows the infrastructure divergence in India and Pakistan, there is every reason to believe this discrepancy extends to all fields of human endeavour.
This is highly misleading video. It has nothing to do with Mumbai railway. The train shown in the video is long distance train.

For comparison, search local train for both Mumbai and Karachi. Karachi had local train called Circular Train. I think it stopped the operation a decade ago. There was plan to revive it but still on paper. So there is NO local train in Karachi, there is NO metro in Karachi. Then what are we going to compare between Mumbai and Karachi? There is nothing to compare as long as train infrastructure goes.

Only one sentence - Mumbai has local train network which includes Western Line, Central Line, Harbour Line, Metro line 1, under construction lines 2, 2A, 2B, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 covering 174 km mesh network; Karachi has none.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Falijee Ji :

Old saying "Treade a worme on the tayle, and it must turne agayne."

Cheers Image
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

There can be absolutely no comparison between India & Terroristan.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

https://twitter.com/ZaidZamanHamid/stat ... 3181801473
Zaid Hamid

Verified account

@ZaidZamanHamid
Follow Follow @ZaidZamanHamid
More
TTP, BLA & now ISIS & PTM.....US presence in Afg is nothing but a source of terror for Pakistan & the region..
The fact is well documented, cannot be rejected by the US or the Kabul regime....
These ISIS snakes are actually the ones burning Kabul now..
https://timesofislamabad.com/01-May-201 ... an-sources
JALALABAD - Lawmaker Hazrat Ali on Monday claimed a Daesh military base was operating in Jalalabad, the capital of eastern Nangarhar province, bordering Pakistan, supplying weapons and fighters to districts.

Hazrat Ali, a Wolesi Jirga member from Nangarhar, told a gathering at his residence here that weapons and other materials were supplied to Daesh loyalists from their military base near the old customs office in Jalalabad.

READ MORE: Turkey arrests nine Daesh terrorists in anti terrorism operations

“Two days ago, I captured an individual and kept him at my home until Sunday evening. He told me the IS center in located close to the old customs office and militants are being trained, recruited, funded and armed there,” Ali told the gathering attended by a large number of tribal elders.

Without naming anyone, the lawmaker alleged a well-known individual was funding Daesh and another one provided weapons to the outfit in Jalalabad.

He added the arrested person had been with him until Sunday evening after security forces did not arrive to arrest him. However, he said he had collected a lot of information from him and had informed security organs.

He also persuaded people to take part in the forthcoming elections and asked the government to pave the ground for fair and free process.

READ MORE: Drone strike leaves 15 Daesh militants dead in Nangarhar

He warned insecurity could harm the electoral process in districts and security organs should take serious measures in this regard.

Tribal elder Mohammad Alam Khogyani said people were being kidnapped on a daily basis and it was hard travel from one district to another even in the presence of security forces.

But Attaullah Khogyani, the governor’s spokesman, termed Hazrat Ali’s the claims as groundless and said no Daesh center existed in Jalalabad.

He confirmed security incidents used to happen and security threats also existed in the province but denied the presence of a Daesh center in Jalalabad.
Daesh or no Daesh in Jalalbad??? But why is Terroristan worried??? It is their ilk, whom they find difficult to milk?
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

PIA Back To Its "Old Tricks" Once Again- Courier Of Choice For Drug Smugglers :mrgreen:

Huge quantity of heroine recovered from Saudia bound passenger: ASF
May 1, 2018
PESHAWAR - The Airport Security Force (ASF) authorities on Tuesday foiled a smuggling bid and seized four Kilogram heroin (onlee !) from a Jeddah bound passenger here at Bacha Khan International Airport (BKIA).
Accused Sherzada Khan was arrested by the ASF team before boarding flight for Karachi en-route to Jeddah Saudi Arabia as four kg heroin concealed in secret cavities of his bag was recovered.
He was shifted to undisclosed location for further interrogation. No wonder Pakis have started being "persona non-grata with Ummah Brothers as well :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Daily "Expresses Satisfaction" Over Secret "Chai-Biskoot" Talks In Isloo :mrgreen:

Pakistan India secret dialogues amid chill in the relationship
May 1, 2018
SLAMABAD - A group of Indian experts has visited Pakistan to discuss all aspects of bilateral ties and revive the Track II diplomacy process with Islamabad amidst the chill in the relationship after a number of terror attacks in India by Pakistan-based outfits. The original Track II initiative, Neemrana Dialogue, received a fresh start with the visit, diplomatic sources here said. The Indian side was led by former foreign ministry secretary Vivek Katju and included well- known educationist J S Rajput and other experts, while Pakistan side was led by former foreign secretary Inamul Haque. The interactions between the two sides took place between April 28 to 30 in Islamabad, sources said. :((
"The two sides discussed all aspects of bilateral relations and agreed that all issues between the two countries should be resolved through talks," according to a source. :roll:
The Pakistani side also included former governor State Bank of Pakistan Ishart Hussian, whose name has been circulating in the media as one of candidates to become Pakistan's caretaker prime minister during general election expected to be held in July. The Track II interaction was kept under tight wraps and nothing had been shared officially about it by the organisers.
Neemrana Dialogue was launched in early 1990s and included influential former diplomats, military veterans and academics, who were having unofficial backing from the foreign ministries of the two countries. The India-Pakistan ties nose-dived in recent years with no bilateral talks taking place. The Paki Deep State has a "special knack" of carrying out a terrorist attack or an attempted attack before, during, or after bilateral talks begin. This has happened time and again !
The ties between the two countries had strained after the terror attacks by Pakistan-based groups in 2016 and India 's surgical strikes inside Pakistan-occupied Kashmir. The sentencing of alleged Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav to death by a military court in April last year further deteriorated bilateral ties. No kidding !!
The two sides often accuse each other of ceasefire violations along the Line of Control, resulting in civilian casualties. Recently, India said that it would participate along with Pakistan in a multi-nation counter-terror exercise in Russia under the framework of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation. The Nation newspaper in an editorial hailed the exercise. ( The Paki Media has been making much noise about this "non -event" :twisted: )
"The new-fangled initiative is far from an independent cognisant initiative on the part of both the countries at mitigating grievances, and is in fact an enterprise broached under the aegis of the SCO," the daily said. Where the exercises aim to build trust and mutual understanding, with eye towards coming up with a formula to manage border affairs, any endeavour in this area between the two acrimonious neighbours can go a long way in side stepping their tenuous relationship," it said."Pakistan as a participant in a counter-terror exercise" is an oxymoron term, IMO :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Request To Interpol, Re:Hussein Haqqani, Thrown Into Garbage Bin By World Police Body :rotfl:

Why Interpol is refusing to arrest Pakistani absconder Hussain Haqqani? ( Because Interpol Has Standards To Meet :mrgreen: )
ISLAMABAD - Interpol has dismissed Pakistan’s efforts to get the international organisation to issue a look out circular against the former ambassador to the US, Husain Haqqani, local media reported on Monday. ( to salvage Paki Echendee :roll: )
Pakistan’s Supreme Court wants Haqqani, who has been living in the US for the past few years, to return to the country and face charges of embezzlement and other crimes. Hussein of D.C. is charged onlee for "embezzlement and other (minor )crimes like "sedition". The "Other Hussein"of London,was charged with MURDER,and other serious crimes. Interpol threw the charges against him "out of the window" as well :lol:
"The General Secretariat of the International Crimi­nal Police Organisation, Interpol, hereby certifies that as of today (April 18, 2018), Husain Haqqani is not subject to an Interpol Blue Notice or diffusion and is not known in Interpol’s data basis," said a letter released by Interpol’s office of legal affairs. :D Haqqani should frame this letter and hang it in his office, along with his other credentials !
The letter was issued after Haqqani’s lawyer contacted Interpol following media reports in Pakistan that the Federal Investigation Authority (FIA) had approached Interpol headquarters in Lyon to seek warrants for his arrest. Years of experience has been put to use protecting the Good Haqqani name :mrgreen: ! Since he has "won the case", his legal fees are the responsibility of the losing party ( Paki Govt ) .His lawyer should collect the fees from the Paki Embassy or the Paki Govt :D
Previously, Interpol had refused to honour warrants for the former diplomat’s arrest issued by the Supreme Court on the grounds that the charges against him were political. Of course. Political vendetta against him !
Following the top court’s insistence that Haqqani be brought back to Pakistan, FIA registered a case against him for embezzlement and other crimes, hoping it would get Interpol to accept its request. International Bodies like the Interpol, operate on evidence based facts not hope !
"I feel vindicated in my belief that the proceedings against me in the so-called Memogate case are irrelevant in the eyes of the world," Haqqani told The Express Tribune newspaper.He added: "It is only a media hoopla in Pakistan, which has been compounded by some elements targeting me for my strong views and advocacy for change in the country."Haqqani said he had not received any notice, summons, or warrant from Pakistan through any legal channel. Now some other dubious way will be found to harass him :twisted:

Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

One More Example Of : Every country has an Air Force. In Pakistan, The Air Force Has a Country !

Snehesh Alex Philip
‏ @sneheshphilip

Snehesh Alex Philip Retweeted Farhan Mallick

As the IAF chief said yesterday, every country has a military but #Pakistani military has a country of its own

Farhan Mallick
‏ @FGMallick

Apparently this Ex PAF officers vehicle got lifted in Pindi and he somehow managed to call in armed PAF soldiers to have his car released. Sad scenes for the sake of our airforce and Salaam to the Wardens. ( Watch the offending video !)

PS: Unable to "copy and post" offending video !!!!

Shows the "goonda gardi" of the Paki Fauj !!! Not the first time, this has happened !!!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

IMRAN ROYALLY INSULTED HERE

PhD in Bakchodi
‏ @Atheist_Krishna

One Man Many Wives :lol:

And This By A Paki Journo:
alman Rashid
‏Verified account @odysseuslahori
Replying to @omarali50

Not a rumour, my young friend. It's true. I have no sympathy. I only think the idiot is simply ridiculous. By age 66 he should know he is no marriage material. Now he must be raring for the fourth marriage. That too will end in divorce. The man is ridiculous.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Wow...this is a must-watch. The Pashtuns are really angry and look to be ready to come out of the thumb of the Punjabis and no longer want to be used and abused by the establishment.

Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Is This Good For His "Sugar Level" When He Next Meets His Harley Street Heart Specialist In London (unless he is in ensconced ADIALA !) :roll:

Machine borrowed to fulfill Nawaz’s wish for sugarcane juice
ISLAMABAD – The hosts at Munir house Islamabad were left surprised and confused on Tuesday after the former premier Nawaz Sharif asked for some sugarcane juice. The hosts should have refused his request and reminded Ganja of the "advice" - for a healthy diet - given to him - by his phoren doctors" :mrgreen:
According to media reports, the extended family members of Sharif family knew that Nawaz Sharif would only drink the juice if it had been prepared by his personal cook, so they asked the housekeeper to borrow sugarcane extracting machine.The machine was arranged from a labourer and brought into the Munir house in a Punjab police van. ( Did it pass the health dept [ Paki standards ] inspection :roll: )
Mixed with ginger, lemon and black pepper, the ousted prime minister enjoyed the drink with other family members. Thank God , no salt was added . Ganja's blood pressure would have shot through the roof of the house, due to the stress level elevation !
Nawaz Sharif is currently facing corruption charges in NAB court and also leading the campaign for next general elections.He mostly resides in Lahore but travels to Islamabad for case hearings where he stays with Maryam Nawaz’s daughter’s in-laws. He should "watch out" for his health also , lest the "family business" ( political gol-maal ! ) be without a "experienced leader". :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

PIA Planes Are Now Becoming A "Graffiti Gallery " :mrgreen:

Mysterious passenger proposes weird compensation for leaving phone number on PIA plane’s window
LAHORE – A PIA passenger who wrote down his number at the window pane of a plane faced the music after his number was shared by renowned educationist Ali Moeen Nawazish on his social media handle.
We, including me, blame PIA a lot, but we forget they have to deal with passengers who do things like these
The passenger, who is yet to be identified, disfigured the window and left his number but Ali took strong exception to the ‘stupidity’ and posted the picture showing his number. Ali’s post went viral and one of his followers contacted the commuter, disguised as a plane cleaner and tried to shame him for his action. So, PIA cannot still "shake off" its earlier "bad image" in spite of the "expensive makeover" like new logo, new uniform, campaign to attract "lost customers" etc etc it underwent recently at the cost of the public exchequer :mrgreen:

I posted a picture of a number someone had written on the PIA plane, someone whatsapped him! not sure how accurate this is! But still shows no apology or regret! “tafri” boy Karachi ka lagta hai.
Who needs TV channels in Pakiland, when you have "PIA to entertain you in your working hours" :twisted:
“I am a plane cleaner of the PIA, you left your number written on the plane window, this isn’t a school desk or a bus. You will have to come to court for this. And your punishment would be to pay for the service of the plane, 15k (15000)” said the sender.Furthermore, the funniest part of the conversation came when the mysterious guy suggested that instead of having to pay Rs. 15000 for the plane’s service, they could just take Rs. 1000-1500, get a good surf and wash it away. Better check with Boeing or Air Bus if "Surf" is considered an approved cleaner !
The guy also claimed that it was his friend who committed the mistake. The incident is being widely discussed online as a perfect example of how to upbraid ‘ill-disciplined’ Pakistanis through the power of social media. :roll: What is " Paki social media" doing about fist fights, dancing, singing, pilots sleeping on passenger seats, broken seats, passengers sitting in the aisle, rats running around the aisle, stale food served to passengers , "eve teasing", farting !, and other maladies that are happening in the inside of the PIA planes :twisted:
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

We all have heard this story before but I would like to repeat it for old times sake...

What happened to Lahore’s historical statues?

Saadat Hassan Manto, renowned Urdu short story writer, explains what happened to the statue of Sir Ganga Ram in his stories in the following words:

“An inflamed mob in Lahore, after attacking a Hindu mohalla, turned to attack the statue of Sir Ganga Ram, the Indian philanthropist. They first pelted the statue with stones; then smothered its face with coal tar. Then a man made a garland of old shoes and climbed up to put it round the neck of the statue. The police arrived and opened fire. Among the injured was the fellow with the garland of old shoes. As he fell, the mob shouted: Let us rush him to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.”

Karma is a she dog!

https://dailytimes.com.pk/234344/what-h ... l-statues/
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the Terroristani Thread

Neelum-Jhelum, Tarbela, four projects no more functional

ISLAMABAD: The 969MW Neelum-Jhelum Hydropower project is no more functional, as Unit 4 that came on stream soon after inauguration by the prime minister on April 13 has stopped generating power.

The Unit 4 is designed to generate 242 megawatt power. The Tarbela-4 project of 1,410MW inaugurated by Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi is also not generating power.

The chart of the National Power Control Cell (NPPC) available with The News showing generation by the power houses as of Sunday clearly shows that Neelum-Jhelum and Tarbela-4 projects are not feeding power to the national grid.

The power situation has worsened as the RLNG power plants of 3,600MW installed in the Punjab have been delayed further. Out of them, two projects — one at Haveli Bahadur Shah and another at Balluki — may come on stream by May 13, but authorities at the second floor of Bloc-A of Islamabad Secretariat are still not 100 percent sure in this regard.

The earlier commissioning date for the Haveli Bahadur Shah RLNG plant was April 15. Under the agreement, the COD (Commercial Operation Date) of both the projects was January 9, but so far these are not functional despite the lapse of over five months.

The National Insurance Company Limited (NICL) has already refused to provide reinsurance cover to these two projects of 2,460 MW saying the risk factor is on the higher side, as the plants had never been tested or tried anywhere in the world before, and the Chinese supporting equipment is also not up to the mark.

More importantly, the Chinese companies don’t bear a good record. “And if the projects are made functional and they face any kind of hindrance in the wake of any damage to the plant, then who will bear the loss? So it has been decided that CoD of both the projects will not be declared unless the reinsurance cover is attained,” Rashid Langrial, Chief Executive Officer of National Power Parks Management Company (NPPMC), told The News.

The NPPMC looks after the affairs of the two RLNG power plants. Langrial said under the directives of prime minister his organization had sought the NICL permission to arrange the reissuance cover from a private entity from the global market.

He claimed that he will take 10-12 days to get reinsurance cover after getting the NOC from the NICL. He also confirmed that the NPPMC had started imposing penalty of $1,200,000 per day on the contractor of both the projects ($600,000 per day penalty to each contractor).

The third RLNG project at Bhikki is also facing delay because of failure in synchronization and some vibration issues between the gas and steam turbines. The contractor of Bhikki plant is also facing the $600,000 per day penalty. Bhikki is in the testing phase.

This alarming situation has put the top leadership of government in trouble, as the holy month of Ramazan is just 17-18 days away with the mercury constantly on the rise. Two days after inauguration, the Unit 4 came to a halt, as the seal of the power turbine-4 had got burnt damaging the rotor. As a result, the Unit-4 is no more operational. The repair will take three months.

Officials at the site of projects told The News that the topmanagement of Wapda and Neelum-Jhelum Hydropower Company Limited had played a trick on the prime minister. They said the management was now running unit-3 of 242 MW on a tests basis to keep the higher authorities in dark about the unit-4 which is no more functional.

The premier also inaugurated Tarbela-4 extension but that too was generating zero electricity as of Sunday. Officials said the projects should have been inaugurated by the premier after completing the testing phases but the management of Wapda and NJHPNL wanted to get appreciation by showing the prime minister their performance.

A questionnaire was sent to the Wapda Chairman Lt Gen (R) Muzammil Hussain about the situation. The Wapda chairman however refused to accept the ongoing appalling situation saying that the questionnaire was mostly based on half-baked facts.

However, Chief Executive Officer of Neelum-Jhelum Hydropower project Brig (R) Muhammad Zareen avoided answering the question as to why the management of Wapda and NJHPCL had cheated the prime minister by inviting him to inaugurate the project when it was in the testing phase and had not achieved CoD.

He also did not answer the question if the unit-4 was currently not operating. However, Zareen said: “The generation plant is a very complex system of many components. Texting is done with loading the machine progressively (after synchronization with the national grid) to ascertain deficiencies, if any, and do the necessary adjustments which are spread over 4 week normally.

Unit 4 was synchronized on April 9 and on the inauguration day it was generating 121 MW and the PM was briefed accordingly. It is incorrect that the rotor was damaged and rubber ring was replaced on March 30. The plant has so far generated 726MW. The unit-3 was synchronized on April 22 and has gone through all tests by April 27. The contractor is compiling all test documents as per protocols for review by consultants on Monday and permission to begin reliability tests for 72 hours. Thereafter (CoD) commercial operation will commence. It has generated 764MW electricity hours.”

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Can a handshake change the world?

The Koreas realise that war is not an option and constant tension on their borders serves no purpose except to perpetuate fear and anxiety

Friday, April 27, 2018 could be remembered as a game changer in world politics. On that day, the leaders of North and South Korea met on the Military Demarcation Line, which was drawn in blood after three years of fierce fighting between Korean communists and nationalists. Both leaders stepped on to the other side, shook hands and embraced each other.

Until very recently, this was unthinkable. Rather — it was feared that rising tensions between the two states would explode into a nuclear war. North Korea blamed the United States (US) and South Korea for seeking to destabilise it through encirclement and crushing sanctions. The US and South Korea accused North Korea of imperilling peace in the region and beyond, by its continuing development of nuclear bombs and delivery systems which would enable it to strike far and wide.

North Korean strongman Kim Jong Un upped the ante by describing the US as a bully and President Trump a mad man. He also claimed he could press his nuclear button, and hit which ever part of the world he wanted. Trump, second to none in such an exchange of invectives returned in kind and vowed to exterminate the North Korean regime. All this happened just four months ago.

Then, the international system came into play. Diplomacy set in motion processes which made both sides climb down; hence the handshakes and embraces between the chief executives of the two Koreas. These are preparatory to President Trump’s visit to North Korea, which is scheduled in the next few weeks. He has suggested meeting Kim Jong Un at the Peace House on the border between North and South Korea. As such, we need to put the Korean conflict into perspective.

If North or South Korea or the United States were to renege on a peace deal, we would know who did what and possibly why. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for us

A Korean Empire existed until in 1905,when it was forced to sign a protectorate treaty with Japan. In 1910, Japan annexed Korea. Korean resistance was crushed ruthlessly. After the end of WW-II, which resulted in Japan’s defeat, the victorious powers divided Korea into a Soviet protectorate in the north, and a southern protectorate placed primarily under the United States. Efforts to unite the two failed. The peninsula was divided at the 38th Parallel. The ‘Democratic People’s Republic of Korea’ in the north and the ‘Republic of Korea’ in the south. In 1950 Kim Il Sung, grandfather of the present ruler of North Korea, started a war with a view to reunify the country under Communist rule. The UN Security Council (UNSC) passed a resolution in favour of sending troops to the aid of the South. China and the Soviet Union came to the aid of North Korea, while UN forces comprising 20 nations under American command and 90 percent American troops, fought on the side of the South.

It was a bloody conflict which claimed thousands of lives. US General MacArthur wanted to use the atomic bomb, but was overruled by President Truman. Finally, a cease-fire was agreed to in 1953. The two nations remained officially at war because a peace treaty was never signed. Both states were accepted into the United Nations in1991.While North Korea became a Communist Dynasty, South Korea made the transition from authoritarian rule to democracy and became an industrial powerhouse. Several efforts have been made over the years to reunite the two Koreas. But the ideological differences have been too intractable.

This time round, the emphasis is not on reunification but on demilitarisation and denuclearization. Both sides realise that war is not an option and constant tension on their borders serves no purpose except to perpetuate fear and anxiety. We need to put the Korean conflict into perspective. The Korean Peninsula has seen the rise and fall of empires. Buddhism, Korean Shamanism and Confucianism make up the main religious and ethical traditions of 80 million people who speak the Korean language. Converts to Christianity grew in large numbers in South Korea after partition. It is the second largest religion in South Korea. Ethnically Koreans are an East Asian people.

It may be too early to start pinning too much hope on this handshake. After all, in 1993, PLO leader Yasser Arafat and Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin shook hands on the lawns in front of the White House in Washington. Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated by a fanatical Zionist and thereafter things went from bad to worse.

Our own region has had many famous handshakes. President Ayyub Khan and Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri met in Tashkent in 1966 after a meaningless war in 1965. They pledged not to go to war again, but in 1971 they did. Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s historic visit to Lahore in February 1999 culminated in the Lahore Accord of February 21. Both sides declared that they would not resort to arms to resolve their disputes and efforts would be made to resolve the Kashmir dispute peacefully. General Pervez Musharraf and his buddies decided to sabotage that effort by sending men to occupy military posts inside Indian controlled territory in Kargil. It resulted in a mini-war which could have escalated to an exchange of nuclear bombs.

Afterwards Pervez Musharraf became a peacenik and met Atal Bihari Vajpayee at Agra in 2002. The Agra Agreement was based on an understanding that the Kashmir dispute will be resolved without borders being redrawn, but rendered redundant was about to be signed when somebody in the Indian Foreign Office sabotaged it by informing Vajpayee that according to a resolution passed by the Indian Parliament, the Pakistani Azad Kashmir was an integral part of India and therefore the Agra Agreement cannot be signed by the Indian prime minister.

Next, ultra-nationalist Narendra Modi came to Lahore to attend a wedding in Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s family. Peace-loving Pakistanis and Indians interpreted it as a good omen. So-called non-state actors spoiled that opportunity through a terrorist attack on the Indian base in Pathankot.

Some people think that because of religious difference between Hindus and Muslims, peace between India and Pakistan or a peaceful resolution of the Kashmir dispute is not possible. If that were true, Pakistan should have the best of relations with Afghanistan and the Middle East should be all love and peace, but the facts belie such a theory.

I think the major difference between the Korean and the Indo-Pakistan disputes is that both North and South Korea are in full control of what happens in their societies. If North or South Korea or the United States were to renege on a peace deal, we would know who did what and possibly why, because there would be no non-state actors involved who could ostensibly act against the will of the states. That unfortunately, is not true of the situation in the Indian subcontinent.

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakistani doctor who helped CIA track Bin Laden 'likely to be released next month'
The Express Tribune
Dr Shakil Afridi, a Pakistani doctor who had helped the American CIA hunt down former al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in his Abbottabad compound, is expected to be released next month, according to his lawyer. Qamar Nadeem Advocate has confirmed to the BBC Urdu that his client, who has received several remissions in sentence, will complete his jail term next month.
He said that Afridi was awarded a total of 33 years jail term on four different charges in which he was awarded 30 years on three counts while three years on one. However, after an approval of his appeal, 10 years of imprisonment had been remitted.According to Nadeem, if his client’s total jail term and remissions are taken into consideration, then he is likely to be freed next month.Dr Shakeel Afridi was shifted to Adiala Jail of Rawalpindi from Peshawar central jail under strict security measures on Friday. Adiala is the "most famous jail" in Pakiland, home to many jailed politicos. There was some earlier speculation in the Paki press that CIA attempt to free Afridi from the Peshawar jail was foiled by the "world's best intelligence agency" ie ISI and therefore he was moved to another secure location ie Adiala . This is pure Paki speculation to make CIA look bad and ISI look good :twisted:
According to media reports, he was moved in a helicopter ( ISI "confident" that Massa would not attempt an air interception :mrgreen: ) but no official statement was issued from the government this regard. However, it is still not clear as to whether he will be kept in Adiala jail or shifted to another location.
There is a chance that after his release, Dr Afridi might move to the United States to settle there permanently. There was also speculation that in return Massa would release Al-Qaeda Agent Dr. Afia Siddiqui , who many Pakis believe is "innocent as a lily " and who was reportedly "kidnapped" by Mush from Krachi and "sold" to the Amreekis for dollars :mrgreen:
A team of expert doctors has reportedly examined Dr Afridi in Adiala jail and declared him completely fit. According to jail sources, he has been kept under strict security measures and additional guards have been posted at his barracks. Adiala is the Fort Knox Of Pakiland !
Two days ago, Punjab’s prisons chief Shahid Saleem Baig had embarked upon a snap visit to Adiala jail and examined the security arrangements in detail.Dr Afridi, the former surgeon of Khyber Agency, had run a phony vaccination campaign in Abbottabad to help the CIA track down the former al Qaeda chief in his compound and kill him in a controversial raid on May 2, 2011.Dr Afridi was arrested from the Karkhano market area of Peshawar later that year. Afridi is the collateral damage of the OBL raid in Abbotabad . He has been (wrongly IMO) accused of identifying OBL ' s location to the CIA. In fact, it was a Ex ISI Army Officer who walked into the US Embassy in Islamabad who spilled all the beans on OBL , collected the reward of $ 10 million and is now safely ensconced somewhere in USA with his family under the Witness Protection Program and under a new identity !
In 2012, he was sentenced to 33 years in prison by the political administration of Khyber Agency under the Frontier Crimes Regulation, the colonial-era laws that govern the tribal regions, for having links with banned militant groups. :roll: BS !
Two years ago, US President Donald Trump had said in an interview during his campaign for presidential elections that he could have Dr Afridi released in two minutes and he was certain that the Pakistani officials would not object.POTUS Trump has the habit of making bombastic statements :mrgreen:
However, Pakistan had later condemned his statement in strong words and said the fate of Dr Afridi would be decided by Islamabad and not Washington. Trump is not aware, and should be excused IMO, that the Pakis are "very sensitive" with reference their Honour and Dignity ( Aka as the "famous Echendee") :mrgreen: