Pakistan Armed Forces: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Re: Pakistan Armed Forces: News & Discussion Thread

Post by Aditya G »

Unlike IAF, PAF directly controls the design iterations and production of the aircraft. PAF is thus heavily invested into JF-17s success.
Kartik wrote:
tsarkar wrote: Seems to be the centerline hardpoint. JF-17 does not have any intake pod
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Dy4Vr0c37d4/ ... 8%2529.jpg
Yes I mentioned that a dedicated LDP hardpoint will come only with Block 3. Till then, they're proofing the Aselpod by carrying it on the centerline. Till date the Bandar was basically unable to self-designate and was just a bomb carrier. That too while ~100 are in service. With the Tejas, it was there even before IOC-II was achieved. Goes to show what the PAF was willing to accept just in order to get it into service versus what the IAF is willing to accept- nothing less than a fully multi-role combat capable bird.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Aditya G wrote:Unlike IAF, PAF directly controls the design iterations and production of the aircraft. PAF is thus heavily invested into JF-17s success.
Well said

Additionally they are indentured to China to accept whatever is handed to them without having sufficient clout to demand and get major modifications.
Last edited by Manish_P on 11 May 2018 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Or like our import procurement until 2000, we take what we got.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

With a small but signification difference, that we sought what we could afford, paid for what we bought (which gave us a wider choice in sellers) and because we were not stealers.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Mods - please forgive, it's been a very slow fridin

See this and shiver all SDREs

This post has been put on the ISPR teetar handle by Syed Ahmar Ali - a Defence & Security Analcyst

He has vowed that "if JF-Thunder 313 is developed as per given specification then it will be deadliest aerial machine on the Earth, I volunteer to provide all technical support to PAF"

I am still trying to figure out why he has also tagged #WomenInKabbadi
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

With those specs it will definitely be a world beater, only a few things missing some which I can list down

1) Advanced materials from a Chinese design that make such a light weight but sturdy body- JF-17 is almost all metal
2) AESA radar with 300KM range
3) Lightweight High thrust reliable Super fuel efficient Turbofan engines
4)Special super small AAM to 30 missiles in the internal bay.

Howe ever, its performance is as true as the claimed performance of JF-17 on Paki forums. Whats more he claims its definitely coming in 2025 or 24 months if funded today and uses the same powerplants as the J-10B. Phew rest of the world are idiots.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

^^
But the internal bay shows only 4 missiles?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

kvraghav wrote:^^
But the internal bay shows only 4 missiles?
Pakistan and Logic are never on the same plane.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

This new movie "Raazi" by Meghna Gulzar is based on true story of an Indian agent.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp ... 446864.ece

Harinder Sikka speaks to SANGEETA BAROOAH PISHAROTY about his debut novel based on the real-life story of an Indian Kashmiri spy

It was during his disillusionment with patriotism, in the thick of the Kargil conflict, that he stumbled upon her existence. He named her Sehmat Khan, to allow her to remain in anonymity, and to share her unusual life with readers.

Harinder S. Sikka’s debut novel, “Calling Sehmat”, recently brought out by Konark Publishers, is about an Indian Kashmiri undercover agent operating in Pakistan during the 1971 Indo-Pak war. Sikka, a former Indian Navy officer, elaborates how he found her story. He went to Kargil during the 1999 war to write media articles on the Army’s alleged intelligence failure there. “I was very angry then and even questioned the patriotism of certain people in the Intelligence Department. There, during one such discussion, an Army officer told me that not everyone is the same. I was not too convinced about it upon which he gave the example of his mother, much to my surprise. She married a Pakistani Army officer to provide India with classified information during the 1971 war. She was a Kashmiri Muslim.”

In conversation at a New Delhi hotel, Sikka, now Director, Corporate Affairs, Nicholas Piramal, says, “Kargil passed by but I often thought about the daring act of this woman undercover who returned to the country, pregnant with the child of her Pakistani husband, and bore the Indian Army a good officer.” A lot of effort later, Sikka met her at her house in Maler Kotla, in Punjab. “But she would not speak much. Slowly, she opened up but I still don’t know how she managed to take out such secret information from Pakistani intelligence. All the information she passed on from there matched with the Indian intelligence report here,” he states, adding, “Though I found out that she used to tutor General Yahya Khan’s grandchildren.”

The most important information provided by Sehmat was Pakistan’s plan to sink INS Viraat. “Our Government could save its biggest pride on the sea only because of her.”

The author says it took him eight years to fictionalise her story and knit everything into a cohesive narrative. “It was important to fictionalise it as it would have been dangerous for her family.” Her son is out of the Army now, and Sehmat is no more, Sikka adds.
The gaps

But certain things are still with him. “I am yet to fathom how Sehmat’s father, a rich businessman in Kashmir then, could push his daughter to do such a dangerous thing. It was the ultimate test of patriotism for the family. Despite being an ex-soldier myself, I feel proud to admit that I learnt the real meaning of patriotism from her story.” She was meant to be just a facilitator for the Indian Intelligence, but she went far ahead of it, he states. In return for her service to the nation, all she wanted was to unfurl the Indian tricolour at her house. “Till her death, she did it, unofficially.”

Sikka underlines that the book “is also an attempt to highlight one of the finest examples of extreme loyalty of the Kashmiri people towards India.”

As a tribute to her, he plans to formally launch the book next week aboard INS Viraat, now docked at Mumbai yard.
neeraj
BRFite

Post by neeraj »

Manish_P wrote:Mods - please forgive, it's been a very slow fridin

See this and shiver all SDREs

This post has been put on the ISPR teetar handle by Syed Ahmar Ali - a Defence & Security Analcyst

He has vowed that "if JF-Thunder 313 is developed as per given specification then it will be deadliest aerial machine on the Earth, I volunteer to provide all technical support to PAF"

I am still trying to figure out why he has also tagged #WomenInKabbadi
Highly advanced it has duel engines - when traditional weapons are exhausted it can launch its engine and subdue'l' the enemy :rotfl:
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

SBajwa wrote:This new movie "Raazi" by Meghna Gulzar is based on true story of an Indian agent.

Harinder Sikka speaks to SANGEETA BAROOAH PISHAROTY about his debut novel based on the real-life story of an Indian Kashmiri spy

It was during his disillusionment with patriotism, in the thick of the Kargil conflict, that he stumbled upon her existence. He named her Sehmat Khan, to allow her to remain in anonymity, and to share her unusual life with readers.

Harinder S. Sikka’s debut novel, “Calling Sehmat”, recently brought out by Konark Publishers, is about an Indian Kashmiri undercover agent operating in Pakistan during the 1971 Indo-Pak war. Sikka, a former Indian Navy officer, elaborates how he found her story. He went to Kargil during the 1999 war to write media articles on the Army’s alleged intelligence failure there. “I was very angry then and even questioned the patriotism of certain people in the Intelligence Department. There, during one such discussion, an Army officer told me that not everyone is the same. I was not too convinced about it upon which he gave the example of his mother, much to my surprise. She married a Pakistani Army officer to provide India with classified information during the 1971 war. She was a Kashmiri Muslim.”.
What a story! Imagine being a IA officer and having a father , who is from PA.

A real life kurushetra. Real life heroes of this nation, unassuming, unknown.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Is it just me who noticed that one sqdn of the 'duel' engine plane is sufficient for entire IAF
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Pakistan Navy releases images of Zarb coastal defence system

The Pakistan Navy (PN) has released one of the first images of its Zarb land-based anti-ship cruise missile (ASCM) system (also known as the Zarb Weapon System) being test-launched.

In the April issue of its Navy News magazine, the PN published a photograph of the Zarb ASCM being fired from an 8×8 transport-erector-launcher (TEL) vehicle at the Jinnah Naval Base in Ormara, Balochistan Province, as part of the recently conducted naval exercise ‘Sealion III’.

The missile, which was fired by the PN’s Naval Missile Regiment under the Naval Strategic Force Command, successfully hit its intended target, said the publication without providing further details about the test or the system.

Other than the colour scheme, the missile shown in the images appears to be a Chinese C-602, which is the export variant of the domestic YJ-62. The C-602 is a medium-range anti-ship/land-attack missile, which has a stated maximum range of 280 km and is armed with a 300 kg high-explosive semi-armour-piercing (SAP) warhead.

The TEL vehicle used to fire the Zarb ASCM features three container launch units (CLUs) and is also almost identical to that used by the YJ-62 mobile coastal defence system operated by China’s People’s Liberation Army.

The TEL vehicle has a main front cab, a separate rear command cab, a power-generation system, and an elevating launch platform holding the three CLUs.

Although arranged differently and of a different coloration, the CLUs also appear to be exactly the same as those used by the Chinese Navy’s Luyang II (Type 052C)-class destroyers.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

nam wrote:
SBajwa wrote:This new movie "Raazi" by Meghna Gulzar is based on true story of an Indian agent.

Harinder S. Sikka’s debut novel, “Calling Sehmat”, recently brought out by Konark Publishers, is about an Indian Kashmiri undercover agent operating in Pakistan during the 1971 Indo-Pak war. Sikka, a former Indian Navy officer, elaborates how he found her story. He went to Kargil during the 1999 war to write media articles on the Army’s alleged intelligence failure there. “I was very angry then and even questioned the patriotism of certain people in the Intelligence Department. There, during one such discussion, an Army officer told me that not everyone is the same. I was not too convinced about it upon which he gave the example of his mother, much to my surprise. She married a Pakistani Army officer to provide India with classified information during the 1971 war. She was a Kashmiri Muslim.”.
What a story! Imagine being a IA officer and having a father , who is from PA.

A real life kurushetra. Real life heroes of this nation, unassuming, unknown.
Do not know if it is true or fiction (sounds more like fiction from Aman ka tamasha gang)., so keep your fingers crossed. If true the apologies to the heroine!!

I hope it is true but doubt very much!!
prat.patel
BRFite -Trainee

Post by prat.patel »

^^^^^^
From what I have read in the interview of the author (who happens to be an ex-navy man) of the book based on which the movie is made -
yes, a lot of things have been fictionalized.
But the core story is true as far as her passing on critical information about PNS Gazi setting sail well before the hostilities broke out.
All the deaths in the movie and the drama around her extraction back to India is fictionalized. She was safely extracted back without any drama.
Also the ending of the movie where she apparently becomes disillusioned with the whole thing is also fictionalized. She was of sound mind and had no regrets. That ending part where in movie the character rants against the war is definitely from Aman ka tamasha gang.
The author of the book also says that as of today she is no more and her son did join IA, but is no longer in service. No details around whether he was an officer or in the ranks or whether he is retired after completing service or left IA early.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Pakistan Army Team Spirits (Official Documentary)

A total of 10 foreign military teams which include China, Indonesia, Jordon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mayanmar, Srilanka, Turkey, Thailand and UK along with eight Pakistan Army teams enthusiastically participated in the toughest military competition. Participation of teams from the friendly countries offered an opportunity to all the participants to learn from each other’s professional experience in the domain of counter terrorism.

Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Pakistan signs for T129 attack helos
Pakistan has formally signed for 30 TAI T129 attack helicopters from Turkey, it was disclosed on 24 May.

The confirmation of the anticipated sale to Pakistan was made in the political manifesto that Turkey’s ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Parti) has released ahead of the general election scheduled for June. The manifesto states that “a very short while ago a contract for the sale of 30 attack helicopters was signed with Pakistan”. No further details were disclosed and Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) had not responded to a request for comment at the time of writing.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Manish_P wrote:Pakistan signs for T129 attack helos
Pakistan has formally signed for 30 TAI T129 attack helicopters from Turkey, it was disclosed on 24 May.
The T-129 lightweight attack helicopter was jointly developed by AugustaWestland of Italy and Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) of Turkey. This programme was intended to meet a Turkish armed forces requirement for a new attack and reconnaissance helicopter. In 2007 a contract was signed between AugustaWestland and TAI for development of the new attack helicopter. This contract included 5 prototypes built in Italy by AugustaWestlant and 2 prototypes built in Turkey by TAI. Originally 51 helicopters were ordered with an option for 40 more. Under the agreement Turkey has full marketing and intellectual property rights for the T-129.
By 2017 a total of 27 production T-129 helicopters were delivered. The T-129 was first used in combat in 2018 when Turkish Army entered Syria fighting Kurdish forces. One helicopter was lost during fighting with the Kurdish forces.
http://www.military-today.com/helicopters/t129.htm
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

The cost of the helicopter is not entirely clear from online sources, but even assuming a fairly moderate $40 million for weaponized kit (remember that this is based on an expensive European platform; with significant Turkish modifications), that is a cool $1.2 billion that Pakistan needs to shell out. Where is that kind of dough going to come from, and if the Pakis had that kind of money to spare, would helicopters be their priority?

It also kind of shows the Chinese helicopters (undoubtedly cheaper and heavily subsidized, plus with the possibility of calling it an indigenous design/invention after local assembly) in a poor light.

The Turks (under Erdogan(du)) and Pakis are increasingly jihadi bosom buddies but the Turks don't have a track record of the same kind of largesse that the Saudis or the US showed to the Pakis, in fact they have been diligent at ripping them off at power projects etc.
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

^^ Turkey is a very underrated defence equipment supplier. They have enough production capacity to supply for any low intensity conflict.

F-16 maintenance and support.
Trainer aircraft.
Standoff missiles.
Artillery.
Small arms.
Helicopters.
Main battle tank.

Their land warfare portfolio is pretty strong.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

None of the items which Turkey supplies are Khan sanction proof or Manufactured with heavy NATO inputs. , these are basically western exports to prop up Pakistan without Public outcry, thats why the T129 Agusta Helicopter will get funded too.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

these are basically western exports to prop up Pakistan without Public outcry,
^ +1
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Pakistan has contracted two more Chinese frigate project 054A

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3227128.html

According to the Pakistani Navy, on June 1, 2018 in Rawalpindi, the Ministry of Defense Industry of Pakistan signed a contract with China Shipbuilding Trading Company Ltd. with the Chinese foreign trade association. (CSTC, part of the Chinese state shipbuilding corporation China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC)) contract for the construction of two more frigates of the Chinese project 054A for the Pakistani fleet. The cost of the contract is not reported. Thus, the total Navy of Pakistan ordered to date four frigates project 054A, which should be put into operation by the end of 2021.

Recall that the contract for the construction of the first two frigates project 054A was signed by Pakistan with the CSTC in June 2017 (then many sources erroneously reported that the contract was signed only for one ship project 054A). Given the very tight deadlines for the supply of ships (all four frigates should be part of the Pakistan Navy as early as 2021), all four units are likely to be built in China.

Pakistan is in urgent need of replacing the core of the Pakistani fleet with five former British frigates such as Amazon (type 21) built in the 1970s, now completely obsolete and worn out (one frigate already decommissioned).

Earlier in 2009-2013, Pakistan received four frigates of the Chinese export project F-22P (three of which were built in China and one under license in Karachi). It is reported that the Chinese side offered the Pakistanis a modified version of the frigate F-22P project, materials for which were shown in 2016, but the Pakistani fleet rejected this option and eventually ordered the 054A frigates on the model of the PLA Navy ships.

The 054A designation (NATO designation Jiangkai II) is the main ship of this class of the PLA Navy and is built at two shipyards of the CSSC corporation - the Shanghai shipyard Hudong Shipyard of the Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding (Group) Co., Ltd. (it built the frigates of the F-22P project for Pakistan) and the Guangzhou Huangpu Shipbuilding Company in Guangzhou. Since January 2008, the Chinese fleet has launched 27 frigates of Project 054A, and three more ships are currently being built to completion.

Ceremony of signing by the Ministry of Defense Industry of Pakistan with the Chinese foreign trade association China Shipbuilding Trading Company Ltd. (CSTC, part of the Chinese state shipbuilding corporation China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC)) to build two more frigates for the Chinese project 054A for the Pakistani fleet. Rawalpindi, 01/06/2018 (c) www.facebook.com/PakistanNavyNHQ
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

The PN signed a Letter of Intent for four MILGEM 2400 ton corvettes from Turkey last year. Then there was the contract for 8 AIP-SSKs from Cheen. Now four 054As. The porki navy is revitalizing
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

It is good the beggars are going full steam with Chini boats and sub. Saves having to maintain counters for Chini and non-Chini weapons. Now both front will be Chini weapons.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

chola wrote:The PN signed a Letter of Intent for four MILGEM 2400 ton corvettes from Turkey last year. Then there was the contract for 8 AIP-SSKs from Cheen. Now four 054As. The porki navy is revitalizing

Most of the stuff is from Nato countries again, so US, WB and IMF funds for Nato purchases, CPEC and related Chinese funds for Chinese purchases. Wonder who is willing to write off more just to harm India.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Mohan Guruswamy
‏@mohanguruswamy
Follow Follow @mohanguruswamy
More
HOW PAKISTAN GOT ITS BOMB WITH US STATE DPEARTMENT CONNIVANCE.
I speak with some prior knowledge. RAW mostly slept it out while Pakistan clandestinely went about its nuclear...

A CIA agent, North Korea and Pak. bomb
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

I speak with some prior knowledge. RAW mostly slept it out while Pakistan clandestinely went about its nuclear...
Usual half baked nonsense on twitter. No, raw was not sleeping. It knew very well Pak was making nuke and was expecting Pak to test by mid 80.

You cannot stop nation from going nuclear other than full scale war. Asumming we are idiots, can someone tell me how come TFTA south Koreans with American help could not stop north from going nuclear?
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

nam wrote:Asumming we are idiots, can someone tell me how come TFTA South Koreans with American help could not stop north from going nuclear?
There is a well known joke that has made the rounds and it goes like this...

Q. Why did the US not invade North Korea, like it did in Iraq?
A. Because unlike Iraq, North Korea *ACTUALLY* has Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

Rakesh wrote: There is a well known joke that has made the rounds and it goes like this...

Q. Why did the US not invade North Korea, like it did in Iraq?
A. Because unlike Iraq, North Korea *ACTUALLY* has Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Well, the crime shame part is that the 3rd Sep, 2017 test by DPRK is widely accepted (based on seismic signature) as a 250 KT hydrogen bomb of Ulam Teller design :( :cry:

We are still perfecting our unitary 1 ton RV design :evil:
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

:lol: :rotfl: :D

Pakistan Defence Command Tweets - Dear World, Thank you for playing with our Balls
http://www.defencenews.in/article.aspx?id=558963

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

China paid, made and put the sattelite in orbit, but pakistan launched sattelite
I am left wondering if suarco just painted the sattelite? or was it done by china too. Oops i forgot sattelites are not painted
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

With 1 m resolution, Pak gets its first spy sat. There is a lot of skill involved in analysis and I expect itll be a few years before this sat and the analysis team looking at its pictures is fully operational.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

sudeepj wrote:With 1 m resolution, Pak gets its first spy sat. There is a lot of skill involved in analysis and I expect itll be a few years before this sat and the analysis team looking at its pictures is fully operational.
The Chinese would have done thhat, its a China designed built and launched satellite which is probably even under control of the Chinese for firing and launching operations. Instead of relying on Western sources, now Pakistan will ask for satellite imagery from China. This is more for H&D purposes to keep AAM Abduls happy that Pakistani Satellite technology is better than India's.
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

PAKISTAN INKS CONTRACT FOR 4 MILGEM ADA CORVETTES FROM TURKEY
https://quwa.org/2018/07/07/pakistan-in ... om-turkey/
According to Pakistan’s Press Information Department (PID), two of the corvettes will be built at Istanbul Naval Shipyard, while the remaining two will be constructed at Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works (KSEW).[2] It adds that under the contract, Pakistan will receive “complete transfer of technology and the transfer of intellectual property rights for the design of these ships.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

dinesha wrote:PAKISTAN INKS CONTRACT FOR 4 MILGEM ADA CORVETTES FROM TURKEY
https://quwa.org/2018/07/07/pakistan-in ... om-turkey/
According to Pakistan’s Press Information Department (PID), two of the corvettes will be built at Istanbul Naval Shipyard, while the remaining two will be constructed at Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works (KSEW).[2] It adds that under the contract, Pakistan will receive “complete transfer of technology and the transfer of intellectual property rights for the design of these ships.
Is there a source other than Quwa, a site which claims JF-17 has an operational AESA?
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Aditya_V wrote: Is there a source other than Quwa, a site which claims JF-17 has an operational AESA?
aesa kya? pun intended.
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

Pakistan to get eight Chinese submarines capable of firing land-attack missiles
https://www.ibtimes.co.in/pakistan-get- ... les-775174
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

How does Pakistan have 10 SUbs as per the report, Pakis now have 2 Agosta 70B nearly 50 years old and 3 Agosta 90B, the Chinese subs have already been ordered and are expected to arrive 2023-28. the Agosta 70's are already at retirement stage and the Agosta 90B will also be long in the tooth. By the time all Chinese subs enter service, Pakis will have retire the Other subs. And Arming Diesel Electric subs with Nukes, it is not a 2nd strike capability, range will be really limited as well as speed.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

dinesha wrote:Pakistan to get eight Chinese submarines capable of firing land-attack missiles
https://www.ibtimes.co.in/pakistan-get- ... les-775174
Yuan class sub. Per wiki,
According to an early assessment by the US Naval Institute, the Yuan class was primarily designed as "an anti-ship cruise missile (ASCM) platform capable of hiding submerged for long periods of time in difficult to access shallow littorals.
This is a dangerous precedent. The subs will be used to target IN air craft carriers, can lie in wait in shallow waters outside the naval ports for the AC to sail out to sea. India needs long range, early sub detection systems and sub killers to neutralize these paki purchases.
In April 2015, Pakistan approved purchase of 8 export version of type 039B from China for $5 billion for Pakistan Navy. The deal was finalised on 23 July 2015.[15][16] In October of the same year, it was revealed that 4 of the submarines will be built in Pakistan, with work beginning in both nations simultaneously. Pakistan's Minister for Defense Production confirmed that the agreement included transfer-of-technology to construct the vessels.[17] On 6 July 2015 Rana Tanveer Hussain, minister of defence production announced two projects for the construction of four submarines in China and four in Pakistan will begin simultaneously. Hussain added that a training centre will also be created at KSEW. In late 2016 it was officially confirmed that China will see about 4 submarines delivered by 2023 and the remainder delivered by 2028.
Export version:
Structure: double hulled
Length: 66 meter
Beam: 8 meter
Draft: 8.2 meter
Surface displacement: 1850 tons
Submerged displacement: 2300 tons
Maximum speed: 18 knots
Cruise speed: 16 knots
Range: 8000 nautical miles @ 16 knots
Endurance: 60 days
Crew: 38 total