Terroristan - April 24, 2018

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - April 24, 2018

Post by Falijee »

Islamization - Paki Style !

Shorts-wearing Pakistani youngster barred from entering private bank
KARACHI – A youngster in Pakistan’s port city was not allowed to enter a private bank because he was wearing shorts, that the bank’s security staff found inappropriate.Babar Ali, a photographer by profession, video-graphed the incident that happened at First Microfinance Bank’s Landhi branch, and posted it on his Facebook profile. Thank God for social media. Otherwise, these kind of "juicy stories" would not have seen the light of day :twisted:
In a 36 second clip, Ali can be seen being barred from entering the bank premises because of his shorts pants; he tried to convince the security guards but they insisted him to change his attire. The security staff maintained that due to the presence of women inside the bank, the youth could not be allowed to enter. Are the security guards responsible for policing the modesty of Paki Ayeshas . Is that written in their job description :roll:
Upon contacting, Ali told Daily Pakistan that this was the first time he was denied entry from any bank.“I have been to many banks with this type of costume but never faced such reaction. I will try my best to lodge the complaint against this discrimination,” he vowed.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Pakistan’s economy goes from bad to worse as growth seen slowing: Bloomberg report
Pakistan’s outgoing government expects the economy will grow at the fastest pace in more than a decade in the coming fiscal year, but economists are doubtful, Bloomberg reported on Monday.
Growth in South Asia’s second-largest economy is set to ease to 5.2 percent in the year starting July, according to the average of six economists surveyed by Bloomberg. That compares with the government’s estimate of 6.2 percent, and is slower than the 5.8 percent pace a year earlier.
“Pakistan’s economy can’t grow faster anymore with the external imbalances,” said Hamad Aslam, research director at Elixir Securities Pakistan Pvt.
The nation’s dollar reserves have dropped at the fastest pace in Asia and its current-account deficit widened 50 percent this year.
Authorities have also devalued the currency twice since December.
The benchmark KSE 100 Index has dropped 6 percent since its peak in April as economic pressures build up ahead of elections.
The government’s optimistic growth forecast may be revised once a new government is elected
In the budget announced last month, the government slashed development spending by 20 percent
Fixed investment demand by the private sector dropped 6 percent
Growth “can only slow now.”
https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/316727 ... en-slowing
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

MQM Supported Karachi Mayor NOW Booked For 2007 Charges :eek:

Court charges Mayor Waseem Akhtar for May 12th 2007 violence
KARACHI: An Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) on Wednesday charged Waseem Akhtar along with others accused in a case related to the violence that occurred on May 12th, 2007. The court also asked witnesses to be present and record their statements in the next hearing which has been delayed till June 23rd.
Around 50 people were killed and hundreds were wounded in clashes between political groups in Karachi after the visit of the then chief justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry on May 12th, 2007.MQM leader Waseem Akhtar was elected as Karachi’s mayor in August 2016 while he was languishing in jail.
Good example of Paki "Justice" System at work here !!!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakistan alarmed as India could move ICJ over Sharif statement
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan is alarmed after India threatened to take former prime minister Nawaz Sharif’s controversial statement on the 2008 Mumbai attacks to the International Court of Justice. Senior officials at the foreign ministry told The Nation that India was planning to ‘play’ with the statement in the ICJ - although there were little chances such a plea would be accepted. One official said: “They (India) have indicated they might do that (move the ICJ on Sharif’s statement). We are alarmed but hopeful that this would not be taken seriously by the ICJ.”
He added: “Even if the statement (of Sharif) is taken as a big news by India, it is not a compelling evidence. The statement just means an opinion.”
India should seriously explore the above option. If not, then in any international forum, Nawaz Sharif's statement should be publicized as "evidence" of Paki complicity in case Pakistan makes any reference to India in connection to any issue :mrgreen:
In an interview to an English daily, Sharif had claimed that those who attacked the hotel in Mumbai in 2008 were from Pakistan. Sharif asked if “we should allow non-state actors “to cross the border and kill 150 people in Mumbai.” He said: “Militant organizations are active. Call them non-state actors, should we allow them to cross the border and kill 150 people in Mumbai? Explain it to me. Why can’t we complete the trial?” Assylum offer to Sharif should also be considered an option :mrgreen:
Legal experts said the ICJ had no jurisdiction to try individuals accused of war crimes or crimes against humanity and as it was not a criminal court it did not have a prosecutor able to initiate proceedings. :roll:
The official said Pakistan would be ready to defend its case if India did go to the ICJ on the issue. “We can’t stop them (from moving the ICJ) but we know it is not a case for the ICJ,” he said. :mrgreen:
PS: Put Ganja in Adiali ASAP !!!!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

"Mobile Magistrates " To Patrol Pakjabi Bazaars To Ensure That The Faithfools Are Not Price Gouged By The "Crafty Vendors" In The "Holy" Month Of Ramazan :mrgreen:

Govt unveils Ramazan plan
LAHORE - Provincial departments and the city administration have ‘unveiled’ a plan to facilitate people in the holy month of Ramazan.
Deputy Commissioner Sumair Ahmed Syed on Monday ordered assistant commissioners to finalise arrangements for Ramazan bazaars where people could get relief in the form of subsidised fruits and vegetables. The DC chaired a meeting and asked ACs to submit a report before launch of Ramazan bazaars. He directed price control magistrates to control prices of fruits and vegetables in open markets. Should magistrates be dressed incognito ( with false beards !) and pose as potential customers to ensure compliance :roll: City administration with an ‘army’ of 104 price control magistrates has the single largest workforce to fight overcharging by people selling fruits and vegetables.
Will some vendors be off the hook, if the "right price" changes hands between the "magistrates" and the vendors :mrgreen:
Lahore Commissioner Abdullah Khalid Sumbal, who leads the divisional headquarters, issued similar directions the other day when he met Pakistan Venaspati Mills Association. The association later announced cutting prices of venaspati ghee by Rs10 per kilogram and cooking oil by Rs10 per litre at Ramzan bazaars in Punjab. Metropolitan Corporation of Lahore in coordination with the City Administration is going to set up 31 Ramazan bazaars, including 10 model bazaars, 18 marquees and three Shamiana (tent shelter) bazaars.
Every year the same "dramabaazi" is enacted for 30 days and then the situation comes back to "normal" !
Punjab Food Authority Director General Noorul Amin Mengal said that PFA teams had been keeping an eye on cold storages and vegetable markets for the last one month with regard to supply of fruits and vegetables to Ramazan bazaars. PFA is also deploying food safety officers at Ramazan markets to ensure quality of food. Used cooking or motor oil not passed off as "banaspati". Donkey meat not masquerading as " gosht" :mrgreen:
Also, PFA discarded 3,000 kilogrammes of rotten and calcium carbide treated fruits and vegetables during surprise visits to cold stores, model bazaars, Ramazan bazaars and fruit markets across Punjab. Sanctity of the Holy Month of Ramazan , down the tube :roll:
The Lahore Waste Management Company in close coordination with MCL has taken measures to maintain overall cleanliness, particularly efficient collection of solid waste from 31 Ramazan Bazaars established across the city under MCL. At least 220 sanitary workers have been deployed in two shifts.
So, while the rest of the populace "takes it easy" in the Holy Month ( onlee sleeping, eating and prayers ) the "Magistrates ", the Sanitation Workers, The Food Safety Guys and other Municipal "Policemen" have to do double duty . Not fair , IMO :mrgreen:
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

anupmisra wrote:I am almost done with Steve Coll's new book titled "Directorate S - The CIA and America's Secret Wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan". It documents the extreme duplicity and two-timing of the pakis during the wars on terror in Afghanistan. In particular the ISI, TSPA, baki political leadership and Karzai are untrustworthy. In short, we have known all along that the pakis cheat on us, mean us harm, use India as a bogey reason to extort money and material help, and are terribly paranoid about everything Indian. All their discussions with Karzai veer around India.

Here's my question.

One claim in the book struck me as rather odd. Coll claims that Musharraf operated behind Indian lines during the 1971 war. I googled this but came up short. Is this true? I always thought that Musharraf sat out the war in relative safety.

You are 800% right to be sceptical of Steve Colls claim that Musharraf operated behind Indian lines during the 1971 war.

Steve Coll has clearly misunderstood :roll: . No such thing as Musharraf skulking heroically on Indian Territory happened in 1971, though Musharraf was sitting out the 1971 war by fondly planning an operation to do something just like that or so he wants us to believe :wink: . Then India decisively shut things down by th handing the Uniformed Jihadi’s of the Punjabi Dominated Military a devasting hiding on a scale that even Musharraf has had to swallow braggadocio and concede that it still hurt decades later :lol: . Indeed looking at what Musharraf has written in his memoir it looks like he was looking to recapture a bridge on Pakistani territory that the Indian Army had captured :P .

See excerpt from the Memoirs (Clicky) of the former Uniformed Jihadi of the Punjabi Dominated Military, Gen. Pervez Musgarraf (Retd.):
I was recalled in October 1971 to raise a new SSG company at Cherat. It took me a month and a half to raise the company, but when we were ready to be airlifted to East Pakistan, war broke out and all flights between Pakistan’s two wings were suspended. My company was then placed under the command of an SSG battalion in the Punjab sector.

My SSG company was ordered to prepare to seize a bridge about twenty miles (thirty-two kilometers) deep inside enemy territory in West Pakistan and hold it till a linkup force of an armored brigade reached us. I war-gamed and practiced the offensive with my troops. I even planned for the worst contingency: if, after taking the bridge, we failed to meet the linkup forces, we were to exfiltrate back home through the desert in the south on commandeered buses and trucks.

My troops were brimming with confidence, and we were all set to go when the cease-fire was announced and East Pakistan was forcibly torn away from us to form the separate state of Bangladesh. It was a terrible day. When I was telling my troops about the cease-fire, the surrender of our 90,000 personnel (military and civilian), and the end of our plan to seize the bridge, I broke down and cried. All my brave soldiers cried with me. It remains the saddest and most painful day of my life. My anger at the generals who had taken charge of government, and at some of the politicians of the time, still makes me see red.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

arun wrote: See excerpt from the Memoirs
My SSG company was ordered to prepare to seize a bridge about twenty miles (thirty-two kilometers) deep inside enemy territory in West Pakistan
I war-gamed :lol:
if, after taking the bridge, we failed to meet the linkup forces, we were to exfiltrate back home through the desert in the south on commandeered buses and trucks.
I broke down and cried. All my brave soldiers cried with me.
Fake baki chest thumping, mushy style: I was about to buy my wife the Kohinoor but just then the middle east crisis happened. :((

Important to note that in the squishy fertile mind of mushy, he would have to "infiltrate" twenty miles of ex-paki territory (now grudgingly titled "enemy territory") to capture a bridge and, if after taking the bridge and, if all the stars did not line up, and if unable to save his own musharraf, the commandu would have "commandeered" buses and truck, and driven like the wind (that he is) through the same "enemy" territory and the desert, back to safety into the waiting arms of his wife. Of course, the buses and trucks will be there for his taking. :roll:
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

there are many on Indian side who feel we should be thick pals with Pakistan..one often comes across them..no idea how to deal with terroristan sympathisers on our side.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Falijee wrote:Trust Deficit Becoming An Issue With Tallel Than Mountain Fliend

Pakistan catches Chinese firm evading Rs1.12b in taxes

The Express Tribune
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s customs authorities have caught a Chinese company that supplies coal to the 1,320-megawatt Sahiwal Power Plant evading Rs1.12 billion in taxes on its imports, but the tax machinery is reluctant to file a criminal case due to sensitivities attached with the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
Accoding to BRI protocol, such issues can be tried only under Chinese Laws in a designated Chinese court. Pakistani courts have no jurisdiction.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

arun wrote:See excerpt from the Memoirs (Clicky) of the former Uni(n)formed Jihadi of the Punjabi Dominated Military, Gen. Pervez Musharraf (Retd.):
When I was telling my troops about the cease-fire, the surrender of our 90,000 personnel (military and civilian), and the end of our plan to seize the bridge, I broke down and cried. All my brave soldiers cried with me. It remains the saddest and most painful day of my life. My anger at the generals who had taken charge of government, and at some of the politicians of the time, still makes me see red.
Didn't he order a pullback, didn't he refuse to even accept the bodies of 'his own brave soldiers' and didn't he suffer the same inglorious end to his half-baked tactically brilliant plan in 1999 that he is complaining of in 1971?
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Mush's words.. from a few posts above ..
...but when we were ready to be airlifted to East Pakistan, war broke out and all flights between Pakistan’s two wings were suspended.
Mush does not say that the reason for suspension of all flights was that after public celebration of a hijacker of an Indian plane (which was diverted to Lahore) by Paki Govt (and publishing hugging pictures of hijackers and Paki top brass) made India angry and India stopped Paki to use it's air space for flight between two wings. Tactical brilliance by Paki's to openly gloat over their hijackers.

BTW, after all the passengers were released, Pakis blew up the plane.
What is really Pakiness: yeas later (and they still) tell that the whole hijacking was evil RAW's sajish to find an excuse to stop the flights. (I don't know how Raw managed to make Pakistani Minister Zulfikar Bhutto show up at the airport to pay handsome tribute to the hijackers... and publish the photos for all the world to see. ... :rotfl:

(For those who may not have heard all the details please do look up any source, even wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_Indi ... _hijacking.. lot of gems.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

arun wrote:
See excerpt from the Memoirs (Clicky) of the former Uniformed Jihadi of the Punjabi Dominated Military, Gen. Pervez Musgarraf (Retd.):
I remember Jon Stewart's "daily show" where Mush appeared to lobby for that book "The line of fire". That particular episode was watched by many and it was slightly funny. Jon opened the interview (after giving Mush a twinkies to eat knowing it was ramazan :) ) by asking "where is Osama" to which Paki laughed nervously and answered "I don't know..no one knows .but we know he is definitely not in Pakistan ... If we knew we won't hide from our allies like US ..")

Years later, Mush again appeared in the "daily show" and was justifiably humiliated by Jon.
"So you lied" (This was after Osama was found in Pak).

To which Paki made a most pathetic face ...

Funny part was Jon's a

"Okay, I lied to you too.. actually I never read your book (and those twinkies were 40 years old" :rotfl:

(The audience erupted in laughter ...gone was all H&D .interview did not last long.. I never seen any one one so devoid of all dignity as Mush was on that show)..

If you can watch those clips they ARE really funny.
Last edited by Amber G. on 15 May 2018 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^ Here it is (3 minutes video) .. yo will love it...
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/qw4d88/th ... -bin-laden

(Other original clips can be found in the daily show archives or <google for it>)

Added later: You may enjoy this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMvwlGtxWeY
Last edited by Amber G. on 15 May 2018 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Ganja Feels Betrayed ! Ganja Wants "Certificate Of Loyalty" To Him Before He Personally Approves A Ticket To Anyone Under His Party's Banner :mrgreen:

PML-N wants applicants for party tickets to declare 'trust' in Nawaz, Shehbaz
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) seeks applications from those who intended to contest upcoming general elections PML (N)’s ticket.
It has asked in the application to declare ‘trust’ in party chief Nawaz Sharif and party President Shehbaz Sharif.PML-N president, Shehbaz Sharif, shared the form on his official twitter handle, which states, “I declare complete trust in the leadership of PML-N Quaid Nawaz Sharif and president Shehbaz Sharif.”
For a minute, I thought it was just some gup shup, political gossip/rumour or just plain fiction ! Not So ! Here is the proof :
Shehbaz Sharif

@CMShehbaz
Those interested in getting PML-N's tickets for General Elections 2018 may submit their applications from May 15 to May 25. Procedure mentioned below:
12:46 AM - May 15, 2018
489 people are talking about this
"I meet all conditions mentioned in Article 62," the declaration part of the form further adds. The application also seeks information regarding the applicant’s affiliation with the PML-N and any other party previously along with other details.Application forms must be submitted between May 15 to May 25.
But what recourse does Ganja and his "Clever Bro" Shahbaaz have , in case someone does sign the "Declaration of Loyalty" and still jumps ship to Immy's Party - (before or after getting elected under Ganja's Banner) , as the grass appears greener on the other side. Is he going to sue him, send some goondas to "teach him a lesson" or most likely just "bad mouth" him and sulk !!! :mrgreen:
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Old but gold.

Absurdistan
When it comes to nuclear secrets, we've learned the hard way that Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf's government leaks like a sieve. But, when it comes to the juicy bits from his new memoir, In the Line of Fire, Musharraf's lips are sealed. That was clear during his U.S. publicity tour this week, which even included a visit with "The Daily Show"'s Jon Stewart.
https://newrepublic.com/article/64980/absurdistan
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

13 Year Old Boy :!: Goes Beserk , Kills His Own Father In A Fit Of Rage .

Furious 13-year-old boy guns down father in Peshawar
PESHAWAR – A teenage boy shot dead his father for unidentified reasons in KPK’s capital city, revealed law enforcement agencies (LEAs).
According to Police, the suspect, 13-year-old, Qasim became angry on Monday for some reason and shot his father in Landi Arab area.Qasim is now in police custody while the police have also seized the weapon he had used to kill his father.An investigation is underway in this regard.
As the economic and political situation worsens day by day, expect more such "incidents" to get reported . If the world is rightly "worried" about the political ( Nuclear weapons are safe ? ) and economic ( do the people have access to clean air, saaf pani :twisted: , or roti, ) they should also worry about the emotional and mental stability ( depression, Schizophrenic, bi-polar tendencies ) of The First Islami Atomi Takat . The Nation needs to introspect and look for an Islamic solution ( In The Book !)
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Have The Pakis Got Their Priorities Right ? Or Is It A Little Ramazan Shopping Mixed In With Conspicuous Consumption And To "Hell With The World" - And The Suffering Awaam :mrgreen:

Exploring delightful trends in Pakistan: Khussa
LAHORE- Sub-continent is known for its crafts and culture. The people of India and Pakistan wear one of the most creative and beautiful fabric, footwear for centuries. One of the famous footwear of Subcontinent is called as’Khussa’ or ‘Mojari’. :roll:
Khussa is made by artisans mostly using vegetable-tanned leather. The uppers are made of one piece of leather or textile embroidered and embellished with brass nails, cowry shells, mirrors, bells and ceramic beads. Even the bonding from the upper to the sole is done by a cotton thread that is not only eco-friendly but also enmeshes the leather fibers with great strength. Some product range also uses bright and ornate threads.
It can be said that the present day khussa alternately known as mojari has evolved from its predecessor that was worn centuries ago. At first, they were simple shoes made of wood, possibly an influence of China. However they were not comfortable or feasible to wear in the cold weather. Later, as leather was easily available, people began making shoes from it. It was initially worn by the common man.
Khussas are made in many cities of Punjab, such as Multan, Bahawalpur, Lahore, Sargodha, and Sheikhupura, while they are also made in some parts of Sindh. These are available in all khussa shops throughout the country. Also for many years they are being exported and have succeeded in creating quite a niche for themselves. And since now a huge variety can be found online, that has given sales another boost, nationally and internationally.
These days khussa can be made on order and you can even specify your own design. While instead of traditional leather a wide range of other fabrics is being used to make them such as velvet, cotton, silk, jaamawaar (fabric) etc.

The trendy (and masoom ) daughters of CJP Nisar should make a bee-line for this shop ASAP, before they are "sold out " or otherwise, they may have to ask "Abbaji" to use his influence to get them these " Eid presents" :twisted:

PS: Meanwhile the masses will be groaning and grumbling under the weight of the "usual Ramazan inflation" :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Bill For Amendment To Paki Constitution Being Ramroded Through Paki Parliament In Spite Of Objections From KP Province Politicos

In a surprise move, government to get approved 30th amendment in constitution in next 48 hours
May 15, 2018
ISLAMABAD: In a surprise move the federal government has decided to put the 30th amendment to the constitution tabled before the Parliament.Federal government has decided to get the proposed 30th Amendment of the Constitution approved before the incumbent National Assembly completes its term . Pressure from the Deep State, no doubt ! [/quote
The amendment would serve as a means to merge the country's Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, according to sources. National Assembly's Standing Committee for Law and Justice would approve the proposed amendment on Wednesday. Rubber stamp Parliament for sure !
After approval from the committee for law and justice, sources said, the government will present the bill for the 30th amendment in the parliament on Friday. <link> <link> :roll:
Chief of Jamiat Ulema Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) Maulana Fazlur Rahman and Pashtunkhwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP) head Mahmood Khan Achakzai — the two allies of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz government in the centre — remain angered over FATA 's integration, sources said.
It is indeed rare that Maulana Diesel and Achakzai sleep in the same "political bed ", but this is one of those times, that they have come together to stop this KP-FATA "marriage" which Immy and The Deep State desperately wants !!!
The government, however, has opposition's ( PTI ) backing for approval of the bill, they added.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Publicity Hungry Mush Injects Himself Into The Ganja Debate That Is Now Playing In Pakiland And Plays His "Broken Record" On Kargil Once Again !

General (R) Pervaiz Musharraf hits out hard at Nawaz Sharif
15 May, 2018
DUBAI - Gen. Musharraf derided Mr. Sharif for his comments about Pakistan’s involvement in the 2008 attacks which took the lives of 166 people, saying that Mr. Sharif should be tried for treason under Article 6 of the Constitution for his comments. Strike while the iron is hot :mrgreen:
Pakistan’s former dictator General Pervez Musharraf has attacked Nawaz Sharif and blamed the ousted prime minister for withdrawing from Kargil in 1999 under pressure from India when the Pakistan Army was in a “dominating position“.
Credit should be given to Ganja that he "disturbed" Ex Pres Clinton in D.C. (on July 1 a holiday in USA) so that Paki forces were not " slaughtered" by the Indian counter attack and salvaged Paki H&D !
Gen. Musharraf, who was the army chief during the Kargil War, also demanded that Mr. Sharif should be tried for treason for his controversial remarks on the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.The 74-year-old retired general has been living in Dubai since last year when he was allowed to leave the country for medical treatment. ( but has been seen on more than one occasion dancing his way - and captured on social media - in Dubai and London clubs on Bollywood tunes :twisted: )
While reacting to Mr. Sharif’s statement on the Mumbai attack, Gen. Musharraf, the chief of the All Pakistan Muslim League, also talked about the Kargil War, blaming withdrawal of the Pakistan Army on Mr. Sharif. Mush is obviously "mad" at Nawaz for making life miserable for him !
But, he said Mr. Sharif issued the order to withdraw the army from Kargil when he visited the U.S. Mr. Musharraf claimed Mr. Sharif was “put under pressure” by the Indian government. He [Sharif] blamed the whole thing on me,” the former army chief said. On Mr. Sharif’s statement on the Mumbai terror attack, Gen. Musharraf said that holding the Pakistani establishment and the army responsible was extremely disappointing.In the message, Gen. Musharraf derided Mr. Sharif for his comments about Pakistan’s involvement in the 2008 attacks which took the lives of 166 people, saying that Mr. Sharif should be tried for treason under Article 6 of the Constitution for his comments.He also called the former prime minister a “traitor” for defaming Pakistan Army and the establishment on the world stage.
One thing about Ganja . He is extremely discrete in his comments. It is only when he is really pushed into a corner , then he becomes a "loose cannon" :mrgreen:
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Falijee wrote:Bill For Amendment To Paki Constitution Being Ramroded Through Paki Parliament In Spite Of Objections From KP Province Politicos

In a surprise move, government to get approved 30th amendment in constitution in next 48 hours
May 15, 2018
Thirtieth amendment to the third constitution. Pakis are always ahead of India, they outnumber us 3 constitutions to 1 of ours. Don't forget.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

"Credit should be given to Ganja that he "disturbed" Ex Pres Clinton in D.C. (on July 1 a holiday in USA) so that Paki forces were not " slaughtered" by the Indian counter attack and salvaged Paki H&D !"
Faliji Saheb,
Just a chhota mota correction: It should be July 4th. The day everyone grills in their backyard and enjoys a day off.
Gautam
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Pakistan’s economy goes from bad to worse as growth seen slowing: Bloomberg report

KARACHI: Pakistan’s outgoing government expects the economy will grow at the fastest pace in more than a decade in the coming fiscal year, but economists are doubtful, Bloomberg reported on Monday.

Standard Chartered Plc, Elixir Securities Pakistan Pvt. and BMA Capital Management Ltd. are among those that have downgraded growth forecasts, betting on a slowdown for the first time in six years.

Growth in South Asia’s second-largest economy is set to ease to 5.2 percent in the year starting July, according to the average of six economists surveyed by Bloomberg. That compares with the government’s estimate of 6.2 percent, and is slower than the 5.8 percent pace a year earlier. The projected slowdown comes as the government scales back plans for spending on roads and infrastructure to meet fiscal targets – key to winning financial support from the International Monetary Fund. “Pakistan’s economy can’t grow faster anymore with the external imbalances,” said Hamad Aslam, research director at Elixir Securities Pakistan Pvt. There is also “increased conviction on Pakistan entering an IMF program later this year that will focus on controlling the deficit over growth.”

The economy has gone from bad to worse before elections. The nation’s dollar reserves have dropped at the fastest pace in Asia and its current-account deficit widened 50 percent this year. Authorities have also devalued the currency twice since December. There are risks to consumer and investor sentiment from the growing current account gap, Bilal Khan, a senior economist at Standard Chartered, wrote in a report in March. Tighter monetary and fiscal policy and a weaker rupee are needed to narrow that gap.

“Policy makers have been able to avoid such policy steps so far due to relatively easy financing from the capital markets,” wrote Khan. “This may face challenges over the course of 2018.”

The benchmark KSE 100 Index has dropped 6 percent since its peak in April as economic pressures build up ahead of elections. The stock market was the worst performer globally last year, according to 95 indexes tracked by Bloomberg.

The government’s optimistic growth forecast may be revised once a new government is elected, according to Muzaffar Ali Isani, an economics professor at Iqra University in Karachi. In the budget announced last month, the government slashed development spending by 20 percent to Rs800 billion ($6.92 billion). Fixed investment demand by the private sector dropped 6 percent to Rs148 billion in the eight months ended February, according to government data. The nation’s factories are already running at full steam after energy supply has gotten better over the past few years, said Abdul Azeem, head of research at Spectrum Securities Pvt. in Karachi. Growth “can only slow now.”

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

To service maturing debt, Pakistan to borrow Rs22 trillion in 2018-19

ISLAMABAD: As the country falls deeper into payments obligation, the federal government has sought the National Assembly’s approval to borrow a record Rs22 trillion in the next financial year to service its maturing public debt, an amount 44% or Rs6.7 trillion higher than the figure for the ongoing year.

Federal Finance Minister Miftah Ismail asked on Monday for the National Assembly’s stamp for a record high borrowing of Rs22 trillion in a single year to repay domestic, foreign debt and the interest on these loans.

The borrowing plan underscores Pakistan’s growing dependence on domestic and foreign lenders at a time when the country also faces challenges to meet its external financing requirements.

The Rs22 trillion in loans, Rs21.912 trillion to be precise, will be obtained during fiscal year 2018-19, starting from July 1. Demands of about Rs22 trillion were placed before the National Assembly under Article 82 (I) of the Constitution as the Charged Expenditures. In case of “Charged Expenditure”, the National Assembly can only debate but cannot veto the proposed spending bill.

The Rs22 trillion debt servicing-related spending bill is Rs6.7 trillion or 44.2% higher than the charged spending bill approved by the National Assembly in June last year.

Except Rs1.62 trillion that will be part of the federal budget, the rest of the amounts will not be booked in the budget and will be directly borrowed from the domestic and the foreign markets to repay and service the loans obtained in the past. The interest payments on domestic and foreign loans would consume roughly 31% or Rs1.62 trillion of the proposed budget of Rs5.247 trillion of the next fiscal year.

As against Rs13.16 trillion borrowing in the outgoing fiscal year, the finance minister sought the National Assembly’s approval for Rs21.912 trillion as borrowing for repayment of domestic debt in the next fiscal year. The amount is 60.5% or nearly Rs8 trillion higher than the outgoing fiscal year.[/color] This will expose the government to exploitation by commercial banks, which have already started dictating their terms due to mounting financing needs.

The local commercial banks are not providing long-term loans in anticipation of increase in interest rates in the coming months. Due to this, the government’s borrowings have largely shifted to the State Bank of Pakistan, which deteriorated its debt indicators further.

As against 55.2% share in March last year, the share of long-term public debt has shrunk to only 45.2% or Rs7.34 trillion by March this year, according to the central bank. This means that the finance ministry’s debt refinancing risks have significantly increased.

The finance minister has placed another demand for Rs1.4 trillion to service domestic debt, which is 13% or Rs161 billion higher than the outgoing fiscal year.

For the next fiscal year 2018-19, the federal government has projected its budget deficit at Rs1.89 trillion, which is equivalent to 4.9% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP). The federal government will bridge this gap by borrowing Rs1.55 trillion from the domestic market and Rs342.1 billion from foreign countries.

To repay the foreign loans, the finance minister has sought whopping Rs601.8 billion in the new fiscal year, which will be obtained from foreign lenders. The requirements for foreign loans repayments are up by 210% or Rs315.8 billion within a year. This is mainly because of the government’s failure to enhance exports and attract sufficient foreign direct investment.

The government has sought another Rs229.2 billion to pay interest on the foreign loans, which is higher by Rs97.3 billion or 73.7% in a single year.

In addition, Ismail has placed Rs174.2-billion demand before the National Assembly to repay the short-term foreign loans, which is higher by 338% or Rs134.5 billion. The short-term foreign loan is a new phenomenon that the PML-N government introduced after coming into power.

For the last five years, Pakistan has been on a borrowing spree and to deflect attentions from borrowings, the government has been applying innovative techniques including changing the definition of the public debt in the last budget.

By the end of PML-N’s five-year term, the Public Debt-to-GDP ratio has been estimated to jump at 70.1% of GDP, which will be the highest ratio in the last 15 years. The government was legally bound to limit the debt to below 60% of GDP. When the PML-N government came into power the ratio was 64% of GDP.

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the PESW Thread

Terroristan's Debt and Liabilities-Summary Provisional - (In Trillion Rupees) - MARCH 2018

Total Debt and Liabilities PK RS 28.2974

GDP (current market price) PK RS 34.3965

Thus Terroristan's Total Debt & Liabilities Ratio : 82.2683 Per Cent

Cheers Image
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

That is impossible. PKR22T is about USD200B which is GDP-sized. As per one reader's comment, the article is factually wrong (what's new?) by a factor of ten, so unfortunately for us Pakis are borrowing only USD 20 billion.

It goes without saying that Pakis are also paying a much higher rate of interest than us for borrowings.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

US Diplomat Goes Scot Free ! Pakis Quietly "Swallow" Pride And Are Now Made To Eat Their Words By The World 's Solo Super - Power :twisted:

Arrest, trial of US diplomat wasn’t possible due to diplomatic immunity: IGP :D
The arrest and trial of US diplomat Col Joseph Emanuel Hall, who ran over a biker in Islamabad, was not possible as he enjoyed diplomatic immunity, said Inspector General (IG) Islamabad, Sultan Azam Temuri on Tuesday. Would have saved everyone a lot of "diplomatic headache" if they had handled it in a diplomatic way . !
Speaking to a private television channel, the Islamabad IG said that the American military attaché's case would be heard by the American judiciary. He said that a challan was submitted in court on the criminal case against Col Joseph and relatives of the deceased would appear before the court. Will be probably slapped on the wrist and would carry on his normal life . !
"In case an agreement is not reached with relatives of the deceased, a letter will be written to the foreign ministry to summon Col Joseph," he said. And the Colonel will "promise" to come , but no guarantees :mrgreen:
The US military attaché was at first barred from leaving the country but later his name was removed from the blacklist. A few hours later, Col Joseph left Pakistan for the USA. Massa's hidden "danda" must have done the trick. Pakistan is not yet ready to play in the Big Leagues :mrgreen:
The accident and Ateeq Baig's death sparked protests in Islamabad as members of the civil society called on authorities to hold the US military attaché accountable. Riling up the awaam against Ganja Sharif might work . But stirring up Anti American propaganda in the media is bound to backfire , as in this case :mrgreen:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

yensoy wrote: . . . Pakis are borrowing only USD 20 billion.
Do they have the wherewithal to raise that kind of loan?
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Exiled Paki Supports Nawaz Sharif's Recent Remarks On Mumbai Attack !

Nadeem Nusrat welcomes Sharif's '26/11' remark
By: ANI | Updated: 14 May 2018 06:20 PM
Washington D.C. [USA], May 14 (ANI): The Voice of Karachi chairman Nadeem Nusrat has welcomed the former Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif's frank admission about the presence of "non-state actors" on Pakistani soil and their involvement in cross-border terrorism.
"In the light of this admission, it is about time for the international community to devise a strategy to end Pakistani army generals' involvement in civilian affairs and to establish a true democratic set up in Pakistan where all ethnic and religious groups have equal representations in decision-making," Nusrat said.
He added that Sharif's candid admission about the presence of "non-state actors" on Pakistani soil and their involvement in cross-border terrorism is nothing new, as he has merely repeated what the rest of the world has been saying for a long time.
"What is important is that this admission comes from a man who has served Pakistan as prime minister for three times and, more significantly, is an ethnic Punjabi, the group that dominates Pakistan's powerful military," Nusrat further said.
He added that for decades, India has been complaining of Pakistani intelligence agencies' role in fanning violence in Kashmir and other parts of India. In the last few years, successive Afghan governments have also been protesting over the presence of alleged safe sanctuaries on Pakistan soil for terrorist groups involved in deadly attacks in Afghanistan.
While Pakistan's civil and military spokespersons may have been denying these allegations, Sharif in an interview to Dawn newspaper exposed the reality by admitting that "Militant organizations are active. Call them non-state actors, should we allow them to cross the border and kill 150 people in Mumbai? Explain it to me. Why can't we complete the trial?" "Unfortunately, Pakistani military establishment is overwhelmingly dominated by personnel from one ethnic group, Punjabis. Since the creation of Pakistan, this military establishment has persistently targeted non-Punjabi ethnic groups and has stopped democracy from flourishing in the country. Running a parallel "state within a state", Pakistan's Punjabi-dominated military establishment has always followed its own agenda that is independent of democratically elected governments," Nusrat lamented.
It is about time to put an end to this crazy adventurism and start spending money on projects that actually serve common Pakistanis, such as education, health and human development," he added.
Expressing fears about the security of Sharif following his interview, Nusrat demanded the international community to exert pressure on authorities in Pakistan to take every possible precautionary measure to ensure the safety of the former Pakistani prime minister. (ANI)
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Amber G. wrote:^^^ Here it is (3 minutes video) .. yo will love it...
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/qw4d88/th ... -bin-laden

(Other original clips can be found in the daily show archives or <google for it>)

Added later: You may enjoy this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMvwlGtxWeY
Does anyone has link of Zardari's interview with the Wolf (situation room)? that was a gem. I searched but no success.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

SSridhar wrote:
Do they have the wherewithal to raise that kind of loan?
Pakis have learnt to negotiate from the best of the best. Try refusing this guy a loan.

Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

abhijitm wrote: Does anyone has link of Zardari's interview with the Wolf (situation room)? that was a gem. I searched but no success.
Which one? You can see cnn archive eg this from 2009 http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... om.03.html
Or "Mush Murdered my mother" one http://situationroom.blogs.cnn.com/2012 ... my-mother/
or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hccqS21Cm9o
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

In Washington Post from B. Dutt:
s
Sorry India, Nawaz Sharif’s moment of truth is about him, not us
Indians are feeling morally vindicated that a mainstream politician in Pakistan has finally spoken the truth about the Mumbai terror attacks in November 2008. It was nothing short of an act of war: Ten terrorists of the Lashkar-e-Taiba group entered the city via the Gulf of Karachi and launched multiple attacks, killing 166 people including six Americans.

This week, ousted former prime minister of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif acknowledged the perpetrators to be Pakistani and alluded to the deliberate delay in bringing the conspirators to justice. He was hardly sharing classified or even new information. So why have his comments led to a train wreck?

With these words, Sharif has directly taken on Pakistan’s all-powerful army and the security satraps who continue to rule the country from the shadows. We in India may applaud the moment, but our sense of vindication is premature. What is being outed is not really the Pakistani Deep State’s patronage of terrorism and its asymmetric war against India, since everyone knows about that. What is being revealed is the serious friction between a democratically elected civilian politician and the generals who control governments in a country at war with itself. This development will sadly change nothing for India, or for the families of the victims of the terrorist attack. All of this is more about Pakistan’s domestic fissures. Nawaz Sharif has gone all in with this high-risk gamble for survival.

Sharif has been prime minister of his country three times; in each instance, he was removed before he could complete his term. In 2017, Sharif had to step down from office ostensibly because of a corruption case, but he is widely seen to have been targeted because he is on the wrong side of the ever-powerful military. He was eventually sent packing not because of the Panama Papers in which his family was named; but because the court said he had failed to be ‘sadiq’ and ‘ameen’, or ‘honest’ and ‘trustworthy’. These vaguely worded morality tests were introduced into law by Zia-Ul-Haq, another military dictator.

“With his back to the wall and the decisive phase in the long, excruciating and humiliating process of eliminating him from frontline politics and public office, Nawaz has dramatically escalated a simmering feud with the military and unleashed chaos for his party,” says Cyril Almeida, the journalist Sharif gave his interview to. Sharif’s choice of reporter made its own big statement. In 2016, Almeida reported on a closed-door meeting in which the Sharif government first confronted the Pakistani military on the dangers of “growing international isolation” for its failure to shut down militant groups. At the time the outcry led to Almeida being put a watch-list. Sharif sacked a key adviser and put the blame on him for the story.

Sharif is indeed displaying the bravado of a man who has nothing left to lose. But there might be a plan to the seeming self-implosion. He is clearly sending smoke signals to the international community for intervention and help. In his interview, he specifically referenced Chinese President Xi Jinping and Russian President Vladimir Putin as having asked Pakistan to shut down its support to terror groups on its soil. By naming two countries that have publicly sided with Islamabad (Pakistan is seen as a virtual vassal of Beijing), Sharif has revealed that China and Russia’s support cannot be taken for granted. At least privately, the two countries’ patience could be wearing thin.

As Pakistan’s army pushes Sharif six feet under, he is sending a warning that he will be the one to write his own epitaph. He is reminding the military that he could spill secrets that could expose it further on the global stage.

In 2013, the government of Asif Ali Zardari (husband of Benazir Bhutto, who was assassinated by terrorists) handed over power to Sharif’s party in what was the first democratic transition of power in Pakistan’s history. This led many to describe Pakistan’s rocky and faux-democracy as finally stabilizing and entering a post-coup phase. Before this, the Army had managed to displace elected governments every few years.

But the way Sharif has been crushed by the behemoth that is the Pakistan Army proves that the country’s military has mastered the art of the post-coup coup. In other words, its control over institutions is so complete that it no longer needs to officially impose martial law. Not only did Sharif have to quit as prime minister, he also can no longer lead his party or contest another election for as long as he is alive.

This could have been a moment for Pakistan’s political parties to stand in solidarity with Sharif and endorse his statement that you cannot “run a country with two or three parallel governments”. After all, his predecessor, from the opposition PPP (People’s Party of Pakistan) Yusuf Gilani said exactly the same thing when he called the ISI, the country’s main spy agency a “state within a state.” But they all missed the chance and pounced on Sharif for being a traitor who was speaking for India instead of his own country. The other parties have also lashed out at him. Sharif is hoping that by presenting his competitors as supplicant to the military he may strike a popular chord with voters in elections that are to take place in the next few months. And in his speeches he urges people not to elect a “government of puppets” But at the moment his main challenge is to keep his party and his brother, Shebaz who stepped in for him, on his side.

What Sharif said about Pakistan’s role in the November 2008 attacks is backed up by plenty of evidence. Even if Pakistan refuses to credit the multiple dossiers of proof presented to it by India; a Chicago court has already convicted David Headley, a Pakistani American, for his role in enabling the terror attack. His testimony is full of damning details on the role of security agencies in Pakistan in plotting the attacks.

One can criticize Sharif for being opportunistic in the timing of his candor. He could be accused of not having done enough to shut down the extremists when he had the chance. But it doesn’t take away from the truth of his words. Or from Pakistan’s more complex – and less obvious — truth: Instead of growing up, the country’s democracy remains stillborn.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

BD forgets paki army has infiltrated political parties too. They now have their own parties and they don't need ppp, pml or mqm anymore.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Amber G. wrote:
abhijitm wrote: Does anyone has link of Zardari's interview with the Wolf (situation room)? that was a gem. I searched but no success.
Which one? You can see cnn archive eg this from 2009 http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... om.03.html
Or "Mush Murdered my mother" one http://situationroom.blogs.cnn.com/2012 ... my-mother/
AmberG thanks. The first link of transcript is what I am after. But no video?
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

SSridhar wrote:Do they have the wherewithal to raise that kind of loan?
SSridhar Ji :

Phurther Loan from Lizard!

Cheers Image
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

abhijitm wrote:
Amber G. wrote: Which one? You can see cnn archive eg this from 2009 http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... om.03.html
AmberG thanks. The first link of transcript is what I am after. But no video?
Arey..forget duspercenti's interview with Wolf Blitzer. What you should watch is Jon Stewart's reporting of that :rotfl:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/o1ijpf/th ... alypse-now

Enjoy!

Bonus: Good Haqqani peddling Lahori Logic on CNN. Ah! the good old times.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

partha wrote:
abhijitm wrote: AmberG thanks. The first link of transcript is what I am after. But no video?
Arey..forget duspercenti's interview with Wolf Blitzer. What you should watch is Jon Stewart's reporting of that :rotfl:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/o1ijpf/th ... alypse-now

Enjoy!

Bonus: Good Haqqani peddling Lahori Logic on CNN. Ah! the good old times.

I was looking for this video too! :D

ahhh good old days
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Govt Promises No Loadshedding In The "Holy" Month Of Ramazan :((

Mass electricity blackout in Lahore? :mrgreen:
I live near Thokar, have friends in Johar Town, Cantt and Defence, and everyone is saying that there's been a blackout since like 9am in the morning or something (same here). What about you all?
Edit: A technical fault at the Tarbela power plant early Wednesday resulted in the breakdown of electricity in most of Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP). According to the power plant officials, the sudden blackout due to technical difficulties is affecting Lahore, Multan, Bahawalpur along with other cities in Punjab. The breakdown is also affecting several cities in KP as well, including Peshawar, Swat and Lakki Marwat. Teams have reached the power plant along with the secretary of the Power Division, with work immediately starting to fix the fault. No timeline has been given as to when the repairs are expected to finish. Earlier breakdowns at the power plant had seen the repairs take up to seven to eight hours.[/quote]