BR Forum Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

Resignation -

Gentlemen I have submitted my resignation as a moderator and a request for cancellation of my account to the moderators. Thank you all for the support especially those discussion we had in the Tactics discussion. My email is akshaykapoor108 at gmale for those interested in carrying on some of our discussions.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

^^We have successfully sent one more services person packing - adding to a list of eminent worthies we packed off in the past.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

VishalJ wrote:I'm just not able to open the forums (Chrome browser) via my home internet connection (local ISP)

The forums open via mobile internet on my phone.
What could be the locha?
Had to call my ISP and they do something remotely and then the site opens for a day.
Same circle repeats itself the next day.

I'm only able to access the forums via mobile internet, what's wrong?
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

What is the error that you get?
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Mods can you block my account for 6 months , I will be busy with personal issues and travelling , Thanks
Parasu
BRFite

Post by Parasu »

The account id "bhurishrava" was banned around a year ago. The ban was also issued on the IP address.
That was my id and since I was using the University wifi, noone in the university can access BR anymore. Thats around 10,000 students
I request the mods to remove the IP ban. They may keep the id banned or even ban this new id if some rule is being broken.
I dont think other students should suffer because of one person.
Thank you.
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Re: PAK-FA and FGFA Thread - June 2014

Post by Cosmo_R »

Ramana, your beloved BRF is in under siege. Your admins are imposing their views on members. Moderators are not censors nor arbitrators. Whoever this mod is is really a Russian Rakshak not a BRF, Any criticism of things Russian invokes this POOF mod who decides what you can say as long as it conforms to their Russian worldview against Indian interests.

We don't want a an echo chamber. We want free discussion.

I have been around since 1999. Mods like JEM and you and others were respected. These days anonymous mods too cowardly to say who they are want to go POOF on things they don't like. If you don't want BRF to relapse into group think, please have a word or two with these guys.

Sending you PM as well.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Austin wrote:Mods can you block my account for 6 months , I will be busy with personal issues and travelling , Thanks
Austin, fyi, blocked until 25-10-2018. Please sent a note, incase you need a reinstatement before that
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: PAK-FA and FGFA Thread - June 2014

Post by ramana »

Cosmo_R wrote:Ramana, your beloved BRF is in under siege. Your admins are imposing their views on members. Moderators are not censors nor arbitrators. Whoever this mod is is really a Russian Rakshak not a BRF, Any criticism of things Russian invokes this POOF mod who decides what you can say as long as it conforms to their Russian worldview against Indian interests.

We don't want a an echo chamber. We want free discussion.

I have been around since 1999. Mods like JEM and you and others were respected. These days anonymous mods too cowardly to say who they are want to go POOF on things they don't like. If you don't want BRF to relapse into group think, please have a word or two with these guys.

Sending you PM as well.

Cosmo_R, What was the issue?
Yes we don't need echo chamber and we could be wrong.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

I believe Cosmo is referring to the PAK-FA thread. Cosmo, can you be more specific?
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

Images from social media links are not visible on mobile browsers.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

May be this is because nothing sensational happening across the border now days...

TSP (now Terroristan) dhaga was once a legendary 'discussion' forum of knowledgeable commentary, insightful analysis, collectibles gem posts - now reduced to a dumping ground of all random falana dhilana news of TSP. It fills up pages after pages though.
RajD
BRFite

Post by RajD »

@Ramanaji and mods
I am holding copies of scroll, citation, and congratulatory letter from AcM B. S. Dhanoa to AvM(retired) Sunil Nanodkar on account of him having been conferred upon AVSM.
Hereby requesting your help in updating his profile/service record in the IAF database on Bharat Rakshak forum.
Pls contact me on drrsda@Hotmail. Com for speedy comms if the need be.
Regards.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Here is a board warning issued to me by Karan when I pointed out that he was spamming a thread along with Philip. This is misuse of admin privileges and a delusional accusation that I am trying to support Philip. He accuses me of wasting forum bandwidth by ONE post ignoring a series of posts he mad along with Philip.
Shiv, you were given several chances on account of your prior history with the forum, to stop making accusatory and abusive posts directed at me. If you wish to defend your old buddy Philip, man up & defend him openly. Don't engage in these silly piskological games & think they will fly, by pretending to play equal equal & then engage in trolling. Further abusive posts will be deleted. If you can't contribute positively to the thread, don't. But don't waste forum bandwidth by playing a holier than thou victim and attempting to use the extra leeway you were initially given as some sort of right.
If its goodbye to BRF so be it. It was good for a while but with egotistic people as admins who do not like to be shown a mirror. I think the forum has hit the bottom anyway and I hope not to visit again. In fact i would be happy to have my name deleted. No more BRF -too many good people have left - leaving space for know-it-all rhetoric masters.

Please consider this a request that my name be deleted from BRF. I must join Akshay Kapoor and Rohit Vats as a "has been"
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Shiv, nice try at playing the victim but let me just shine a mirror at your own egotism. Your spat with Arun S is well known. I refuse to again become party to such ridiculous charades.

Second, your posting record is full of prior spats with pretty much every moderator - whether it be Ramana, Indranil, Raja Bose... i even forget the number of times you accused moderators of being egotistical, this, that & then decided to play the victim.

Third, this business of drawing in Rohit vats & Akshay Kapoor - they had their own reasons and quite frankly, it was their choice to make & they are always welcome back on BR.
In short, make your own points on your own merit. Don't use other peoples shoulders and reputation to make such statements.

Fourth, you were in no position to accuse either me or Philip of spamming. I do note though, that you were particularly offended by a remark I made to Philip. So, what bothered you so much that you had to step in to defend his honor, so to speak? Do you think he couldn't make his own points well enough?

Interestingly enough, while accusing others of spamming the thread, I do note you didn't make a SINGLE post in that particular discussion which was worthwhile.

Fifth, you were already given extra leeway. Your first post itself could have been deleted. You posted almost a page long mocking screed with you said, he said etc sort of notes - what was that but a waste of forum bandwidth. I do note though, while attempting to play the victim here you don't even mention what was edited.

Your second post merited a warning.

You were let off both times without any warning. The response from your side was then to engage in a long and nasty personal note, accusing me of being afraid of being called out and similar rubbish. Seriously? You take the extra leeway you were given and post a nasty comment?

Whereupon you receive a warning and then engage in playing the victim & stating that you will have your name deleted from the forum, because of a spat and running afoul of moderation.

Kindly take a hard look at a mirror as you say, and kindly realize BRF is more than you & I. While I appreciate all that you have done for the forum, it would be equally amiss of me to not realize you have pulled this rank business on multiple folks, and dear sir, I for one refuse to play your game.

Your choices are your own, don't try and use me as an excuse.
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

Are there any ham radio operators on this forum ?
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Hello. I had asked this once earlier, when the new look forum was being implemented... Is it possible to have 'Thumbs up/Down' or 'Like/Dislike' button for posts on the forums. Will give an opportunity to show appreciation (or show displeasure) reducing risk of verbal spats.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

srin wrote:Are there any ham radio operators on this forum ?
sachin is one, iirc
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

Gus wrote:
srin wrote:Are there any ham radio operators on this forum ?
sachin is one, iirc
Thank you, Gus saar.

@mods: Would it be okay if I start a new thread in the Tech Forum ?
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Please go ahead and open it, general structure of the thread, please open with what is ham radio, its standalone mode of operation without network, technical details and gear, licensing requirements
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Manish_P wrote:Hello. I had asked this once earlier, when the new look forum was being implemented... Is it possible to have 'Thumbs up/Down' or 'Like/Dislike' button for posts on the forums. Will give an opportunity to show appreciation (or show displeasure) reducing risk of verbal spats.
Many eons back I too had posted this and even on BGR, but the old timers dont like the idea.
souravB
BRFite

Post by souravB »

ArjunPandit wrote:
Manish_P wrote:Hello. I had asked this once earlier, when the new look forum was being implemented... Is it possible to have 'Thumbs up/Down' or 'Like/Dislike' button for posts on the forums. Will give an opportunity to show appreciation (or show displeasure) reducing risk of verbal spats.
Many eons back I too had posted this and even on BGR, but the old timers dont like the idea.
We can have a voting Thread, where each post will have Yes/No button to vote for each posting and have time limit for each post before voting is disabled. With a passing vote percentage predecided we can pass or fail the motion. Viva La Democracy. :)
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Good idea, sourav do the honors. We have lost many great posters in last few years. Perhaps it may help mods know the general sentiment of forum. I suggest we look at sinodefence
souravB
BRFite

Post by souravB »

ArjunPandit wrote:Good idea, sourav do the honors. We have lost many great posters in last few years. Perhaps it may help mods know the general sentiment of forum. I suggest we look at sinodefence
That might be bit complex being said than done. will need some additional coding. I can do the server end coding on PHP but front end is out of my caliber. I have worked on PHP as a developer for only 3 months for a part-time student job. :rotfl:
any sys admin of the site that might like to take it up can PM me here and we can go ahead.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

hold on to your horses, let the bradmins first agree to it, then only we can go ahead, or as people say, dont put the cart before the horse
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

I really hope this is accepted and implemented. There have been several instances when i have liked some posts but have had nothing of specific value to add personally. At such instances rather than just make a general '+1' type comment and add to the noise, i would have preferred to upvote the post.

Besides this if there is a system to search/filter/sort/bookmark the most upvoted posts, it will help a lot. Currently i have had to copy-paste specific posts giving really good, detailed info, into offline MS word/excel files for my ready reference :oops:
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

during updating of BRF wiki page, I noted that the ranking of BRF has risen up from 50k earlier to 18K now. Seems like people are looking for something better than pawn
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

good to know.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Rahul M wrote:good to know.
sad that the journey involved loss of valuable members on the way.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Not sure where else to move my reply (from the Econ thread), so here it goes.
JE Menon wrote:Swarajya's Interview with the PM.

https://swarajyamag.com/economy/modi-to ... -same-rate

Swarajya's interview with our PM - a media coup, and am proud to say that I write for them under my own name and one or two pseudonyms (don't recall)!!! Also, a couple of the people writing there (other than me), and one of the interviewers possibly got their first taste of New India, at the Bharat Rakshak forum. Very proud day for us, folks.
Take a bow, JEM saar. It is indeed an achievement to have to built up a good reputation in such a short span of time. As a 3rd-year subscriber, I feel proud to have supported this magazine throughout.

PS: It's been a while since I saw an article from you on the mag - anything coming up? I am curious to hear your thoughts on the hectic parleys between multiple heads of state signalling lots of realignments.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Has brar_w left the forum? I haven't seen a post from him in some time.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Mods, request you to please consider making Arjun thread a news only thread rather than a news and discussion. Discussions are either for touting Armata and subtly dissing Arjun (Phillip saar) and its counter-arguments. I do not see much point discussing the same points again and again to no conclusion. Phillip sir no offence but your points are becoming repetitive (at least on Arjun thread) and not bringing anything new from you.
Mods would be thankful if you could acknowledge the request and let us know your viewpoint
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Mort Walker wrote:Has brar_w left the forum? I haven't seen a post from him in some time.
Would be sad if true rv, shiv and brar all legends we've lost in one year
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ArjunPandit wrote:
Mort Walker wrote:Has brar_w left the forum? I haven't seen a post from him in some time.
Would be sad if true rv, shiv and brar all legends we've lost in one year
These are not folks that ANY forum could afford to lose.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

^^ Agreed. I felt bad when shiv saar also left. Add rohitvats, Akshay Kapoor, deejay (maybe lurking?), hnair, vina. RB saar too seems invisible of late. I am sure I have missed a few more people.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Lots of knowledgeable folks have left. I wish it wasn't so and we got to read their fantastic insights.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^wonder if there is some event and they can resist the BRF temptation...ghar wapsi campaign needed :P
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

ArjunPandit wrote:Mods, request you to please consider making Arjun thread a news only thread rather than a news and discussion. Discussions are either for touting Armata and subtly dissing Arjun (Phillip saar) and its counter-arguments. I do not see much point discussing the same points again and again to no conclusion. Phillip sir no offence but your points are becoming repetitive (at least on Arjun thread) and not bringing anything new from you.
Mods would be thankful if you could acknowledge the request and let us know your viewpoint
Mods hope this post was not missed in the list of posts. At least the forum feedback should be promptly responded by Mods
nachiket wrote:....
Paging the forum moderator for Arjun. Please acknowledge and let me know if this is reasonable
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

arshyam wrote:^^ Agreed. I felt bad when shiv saar also left. Add rohitvats, Akshay Kapoor, deejay (maybe lurking?), hnair, vina. RB saar too seems invisible of late. I am sure I have missed a few more people.
I didn't know hnair left too. Too bad. Vina has been banned again, though he had some good posts, trolling in the econ/tax related threads did him in. RB is gone from BRF as it was personal decision. He isn't posting on the sister forum BGR either. He's probably running up and down the western range of the Sierra-Nevada. I wish him the best.

I'm limiting my posts as well, there simply is not enough information or insightful analysis based on empirical data. Suraj-san does a good job in the econ/tax threads and I follow those. At some point he will get busy with family and work and can't post anymore. Karan has some good posts in mil/radar threads. Everything else is so-so.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

ArjunPandit wrote:^^wonder if there is some event and they can resist the BRF temptation...ghar wapsi campaign needed :P
Unlikely. BRF was created over 20 years ago due to the dearth of information regarding the Indian military. Today there's a lot more information out there and people are better connected.