Terroristan - April 24, 2018

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - April 24, 2018

Post by Falijee »

Why Is This "Pesty CJP" Poking His Pakjabi Nose Where It Does Not Belong :roll:

CJP Nisar directs caretaker CM KP to return official car :roll:

Good ! But should he not be concentrating his "idle legal mind" to more important "stuff " like military corruption, rights of Balochis and Pashtuns being violated, missing persons , ensuring fair trial for Nawaz, ensuring free and fair election , instead of trivial matters like "directing caretaker CM KP to return official car !!! :evil:

PS: Cant see a Chief Justice of India doing this !!!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Sarkari Paper Stokes Up "Pro Khalistan Protest" With This Mischievous Report

Mass protests erupt around Golden Temple complex as pro-Khalistan sikhs mark Blue Star anniversary
NEW DELHI – Indian authorities are finding it hard to tackle the widespread protests in Amritsar as pro-Khalistan activists are marking the 34th anniversary of the Army’s ‘Operation Blue Star’, inside the Golden Temple complex.The clash between radical Sikh elements and the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) started Wednesday in front of the Akal Takht, the highest temporal seat of Sikh religion.According to reports put forth by Indian media, ( no specific sources cited ) at least one person was injured as the SGPC task force members tried to prevent the agitators from disturbing the ceremony.
Police personnel deployed inside the shrine complex tried to control the situation from getting out of hand; apparently, the arrangements did not bear fruit.The pro-Khalistan activists raised secessionist and anti-India slogans, demanding a separate country for the Sikhs, called Khalistan.
Earlier in the day, members of the All India Sikh Students Federation (AISSF) raised pro-Khalistan slogans inside the temple premises.This is not the first time such clashes have broken out, as violent clashes have been common at the Temple on the anniversary of Operation Blue Star in successive years.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Falijee wrote:Jemima Comes Out In "Full Swing" In Favour Of The Kaptaan :mrgreen:

Will sue Reham if her book is published in UK, says Jemima Goldsmith :roll:
LONDON – Former wife of Imran Khan Jemima Goldsmith on Wednesday vowed to sue Reham Khan if her book was published in the United Kingdom.
Jemima wrote on Twitter that she had been assured that Reham’s book was “too libellous to be published in the UK”.
Hope the "legal lawyers" that Jemima is depending on "are experts in UK libel laws" and she is not relying on "Paki based or Paki origin experts" :mrgreen:
“I will be suing for defamation & breach of privacy on behalf of my (then) 16-year-old son and in relation to the moronic, re-hashed Zionist conspiracy theories,” she said in her tweet. Maulana Fazl - AKA Diesel - is a "big fan" of the Zionist conspiracy theory -that Jemima is alluding to here ! According to Fazl, Imran's campaign is being generously financed by "Zionist and Jewish interests". He is driving this point home to his fellow Pashtuns in order to dissuade them from casting vote in favour of PTI party ! :mrgreen:
The book, titled ‘Reham Khan’, is under process and said to revolve around Reham’s marriage with PTI chief Imran Khan, which ended in a divorce mere 15 months later. Some parts of the book were leaked online which irked several PTI leaders who took to Twitter to accuse her of being part of an “agenda” ahead of the upcoming general election.
On this issue, Reham Khan has been served a legal notice by her first husband, a cricket legend, ( So, Wasim Akram, Imran's buddy has initiated legal proceedings in Bartania or in Pakiland :roll: ) a British businessman, and a PTI official over the contents of her upcoming book.
The BBC girl tell-all autobiography reportedly includes details of her interactions with various celebrities and her marriage with Imran. Some of those details apparently crossed a line for businessman Zulfikar Bukhari, Reham’s first husband Ijaz Rehman, cricketer Wasim Akram, and PTI International Media Coordinator Anila Khawaja.
The Kaptaan, true to his so-called "acquired British character " has remained above the fray and has "ordered" his minions to fight the battle and do the "dirty dealings" for him in the court of public opinion and in the court of law as well :twisted:
I think that it has much to do with im the dim's pitch preferences and bat placements and diminished wicket taking abilities.

his batting stance and mardangi may have been revealed or called into serious question.

The pakis have always had a dick as their PM, but they may not accept a limp dick.

no one would make such a halla gulla otherwise.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Reham "Exposes " Imran In This "Tell All Tale" Book :twisted:

Imran’s sister referred to him as ‘Haram Khan’, claims Reham Khan in purported book

"High Tea" (Time ) And Fine China With The Kaptaan :mrgreen:
LAHORE – Reham Khan, the former wife of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman, Imran Khan, has claimed that one of Khan’s sisters referred to him as ‘Haram Khan’ in an exchange of text messages.
In the manuscript of the book to be released soon, Reham Khan shares an incident from the 2014 sit-in when she was handed a phone which was open on a text from Imran’s sister Aleema.
The sisters had "warned" Imran about ( tying the knot and "falling in love with Reham at first sight") about the "BBC weather girl" recently divorced from her "Doctor hubby" and immigrating back to Pakiland for "greener pastures" :mrgreen:
The text was received on a phone belonging to Imran’s other sister Rubina and it read: ’Haram Khan is here, looking victorious and the PTI girls ( Gulalai, Madame Jalebi :roll: ) have sat her in the front row’.
Reham claimed that Imran Khan considered his sister Rubina a bitter spinster who bullied Khan ‘for his looks and lack of intellect’.
( so the "empty vessel" rumour is being confirmed here by none other than a family member :shock: )
“Imran told me that the family worried about him because he was a bit of dunce,” wrote Reham in the purported book. :roll:
( Hope that she has captured this on a tape or some other device for posterity's sake - and for legal reasons as well!) :twisted:
Imran Khan’s former wife also shared the distasteful comments Imran and his sister Aleema shared.“Imran would often make fun of Aleema and her political aspirations. She thinks she is bloody Fatima Jinnah,” stated Reham Khan.
IF ( and a big if !) ever does this Book ( Urdu version! ) come out before Paki Election, voters are going to do a 180* about "supporting" Imran Khan and the PTI . Ganja's party is going to be the beneficiary of this "unexpected harvest" :mrgreen:
She continued that in front of Imran, Aleema said quite clearly to her that he was not a brother to her.“He is a commodity. We have to get where we want with him. So I don’t think of him like a sister would,” Reham quoted Aleema Khan as saying.
( Aleema is going to get a scolding from the Kaptaan for sure :mrgreen: )
Reham also drew a comparison of Imran’s association with her sisters to that of her relationship with her own brother and said her brother was this gentle being who had no ability to say anything nasty about any woman, especially his own sister.“Even when we disagreed, we would not resort to such distasteful comments, so it was certainly a shock to hear it from Imran,,” Reham wrote in the book.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ! :mrgreen: .
Apart from Imran’s sisters, Reham Khan also opened up about the sons of the cricketer-turned-politician, portraying them in a bad light.“It was Suleiman that disturbed me the most. I had never seen such a sad looking boy. He was nervous and unsure of himself, and I didn’t see him smile once the entire evening,” penned Reham in the book.
Once again, Imran’s former wife drew a comparison of her son with that of Imran and explained that Sahir was sitting next to Imran and talking confidently, which made ‘Suleiman look even more uneasy’.
Jemima has "vowed" that this Book will not see the light of day . She has "threatened" legal action against Reham to "protect" Imran, Suleiman, Qasim and herself from these "written assaults" :mrgreen:
“He kept looking for his father to turn his face to him and give him attention. He hardly spoke. I wanted to get up and give the poor boy a hug,” noted the TV anchor in the book and added that the kid had clearly had a very different upbringing to any of her. Of course, both of Immy's kids are British to the core, no Islamic education here . !
Regarding Qasim Ali Khan, Reham shared that Jemima had been on the phone after discovering cannabis in his jacket. She also claimed that as per Imran Khan, Qasim was doing weed with Jemima’s brother, the boy’s own uncle.C.C . should be sent to Maulana Diesel ASAP, as this reinforces his accusations against Imran being " not Islamic "
Reham Khan also shared another chilling incident when a lady begged for mercy from the PTI chief. “Mujhay zaleel mut kero (Don’t insult me). Let me go with me decency. You want to wait till the 30th of November, 30th of December, 30th of March. I won’t say a word until you want. Just end it now,” highlighted Reham without mentioning who the lady was. Reham then shares that Imran Khan came over to her and touched her feet and said:“Reham mein Bohat bura chutiya hoon,” :mrgreen: (Reham, I am a wretch)
The other side of the Kaptaan which the Paki public rarely gets to see, at least IMO
Imran’s former wife observed that the words shocked her following which she drew the line here.“I have had doubts put in my mind but I needed this. Never again will I think like this again. Give me one last chance, please. I don’t know what came over me. Please forgive me.” wrote Reham Khan.
Did not expect that "Imran's Shalwar" was THAT dirty. Good thing , that Reham has now "washed" them :!: . :mrgreen:
In her sensational book – a manuscript of which is only available to a very few individuals – Reham Khan has also shared that when the 2014 sit-in ended, Imran smiled, a gesture which Reham says she will never forget.“Baby the Dharna is over. Thank God!,” Imran reportedly said to Reham which riled her.
A man cannot live in a "metal container" ( even if it is airconditioned :mrgreen: ) for forever ! What about his "conjugal duties " that he has to "perform" once in a while ! :mrgreen:
The author then shares that Imran’s grin moved her to thought: Have I married a man who thinks of people as collateral?” but she fell shy of asking it directly.
“But Imran, it’s the most dreadful news ever!” Reham cried out following which Imran Khan changed his expression and immediately became serious.“Oh yes, it’s dreadful! They showed it to us all. The bodies all piled up on top of each other”, in a reference to the victims of Army public School Peshawar massacre.
The book is expected to be launched in next few days in London, however, famed actor Hamza Ali Abbasi claims to have read the manuscript of the book; he is sharing the content on antional media as well. :roll:
Even before the launch of the autobiography, Reham Khan has been sued by former skipper Waseem Akram, Imran’s friend Zulfi Bukhari, Reham’s former husband, and Anila Khawaja for writing ‘salacious’ content in the book.
PS: No "chapters" on "Imran's beloved dogs" Something that "both have in common" and which may have "sparked the marriage" in the first place :twisted:

PPS: Truth be told . By publishing and/ or offering this succulent and salacious book on a platter to the " hungry" Paki public - ( and that too in the "holy" month of Ramazan) Reham is NOT doing any public service of any kind whatsoever. She is simply showing her "Pakistaniyat" . She better be ready to spend her remaining life as a spinster !! :twisted:
jash_p
BRFite

Post by jash_p »

P
akistani journalist Asad Kharal beaten up near Lahore airport

LAHORE – Two Pakistani journalists came under attack late on Tuesday by unidentified men in the capital city of Punjab. Columnist Gul Bukhari was on her way to appear in a Waqt News TV show when some unidentified persons intercepted her vehicle near Sherpao Bridge in Cantonment area. She was reported by fellow colleagues to have gone missing. However, she returned home safely early Wednesday morning, according to anchorperson Gharidah Farooqi
Bukhari is an contributing writer at The Nation newspaper.In another similar incident, Asad Kharal, an investigative journalist and chief news analyst of BOLNETWORK, was badly beaten up near Lahore airport by armed men. He was shifted to Lahore’s Services Hospital with multiple injuries.
Kharal is known for digging the corruption stories and challenging the corrupt mafia. The alleged aduction triggered hashtag #BringBackGulBukhari on Twitter.
Pakistan Peoples Party’s Aseefa Bhutto Zardari hoped for Bukhari’s safe and sound recovery.
Asad Kharal is a certified ISI man and he got bashed. Something is fishi. Is it a drama to dilute attack on Gul bukhari or there are group within ISI (may be pastoons) which is against its own institute.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

chetak wrote:
Falijee wrote:Jemima Comes Out In "Full Swing" In Favour Of The Kaptaan :mrgreen:

Will sue Reham if her book is published in UK, says Jemima Goldsmith :roll:

Rest snipped ...

The pakis have always had a dick as their PM, but they may not accept a limp dick. :mrgreen:

Chetak-ji :
Can the Kaptaan rejuvenate himself by taking VI.#$AGRA :twisted:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

jash_p wrote:P

LAHORE – Two Pakistani journalists came under attack late on Tuesday by unidentified men in the capital city of Punjab. Columnist Gul Bukhari was on her way to appear in a Waqt News TV show when some unidentified persons intercepted her vehicle near Sherpao Bridge in Cantonment area. She was reported by fellow colleagues to have gone missing. However, she returned home safely early Wednesday morning, according to anchorperson Gharidah Farooqi
Bukhari is an contributing writer at The Nation newspaper.In another similar incident, Asad Kharal, an investigative journalist and chief news analyst of BOLNETWORK, was badly beaten up near Lahore airport by armed men. He was shifted to Lahore’s Services Hospital with multiple injuries.
Kharal is known for digging the corruption stories and challenging the corrupt mafia. The alleged aduction triggered hashtag #BringBackGulBukhari on Twitter.
Pakistan Peoples Party’s Aseefa Bhutto Zardari hoped for Bukhari’s safe and sound recovery.
Asad Kharal is a certified ISI man and he got bashed. Something is fishi. Is it a drama to dilute attack on Gul bukhari or there are group within ISI (may be pastoons) which is against its own institute.
jash_P ji :

This might be the reason why the ISI released Journo Gul Bhukhari :
UK 'deeply concerned' by brief abduction of British Pakistani journalist and establishment critic

As usual, the ISI goons did not do "due diligence" ( A "disease" endemic to Pakiland !) to ensure that she is a 100% halal Paki. She turned out to be the holder of HM Passport !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

In 1989, Pakistan "Helped" USA Defeat Soviet Union. In 2017 POTUS Trump "Screws" Pakistan . In 1985 P.I.A "Helps" UAE Set Up Emirates Airlines . In 2017 Emirates Airlines "Screws" P.I.A . Moral Of The Story. "Help" Yourself Before "Helping" Others :mrgreen:

Emirates Airline started 3 decades ago with two leased planes from PIA
DUBAI, U.A.E.- 25 October 2015: Captain Fazle Ghani Mian, the pilot at the controls of flight EK600 on 25th October 1985 shares his memories of that historic inaugural Emirates service to Karachi, and the subsequent growth of the airline in a short video message here.
Emirates’ first aircraft - an Airbus A300 B4 and a Boeing 737 - arrived in Dubai on October 20th on wet lease from Pakistan International Airlines, and Captain Mian was amongst that pioneering team involved in the successful launch of Emirates’ inaugural services.
He said: “I came to Dubai on the 1st of October 1985 and met with HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum and then Emirates Airline Managing Director Maurice Flanagan and their teams. We discussed the tasks ahead and how we wanted to proceed. On the 18th of October a group of 100 pilots, flight and aircraft engineers, maintenance staff, among others all came to Dubai to initiate the planning stages, and we began test flights from then on to ensure everything would operate to plan. I was also tasked to train UAE National pilots. They were trained in Dubai and got their commercial licenses from the Civil Aviation Authority in Pakistan.
Little, did the Pakis know that by "helping an Ummah Bro", they were in fact digging the grave of their own National Airline . It is high time, that PIA should send a "high level delegation" to Emirates with the proverbial "begging bowl" in hand :mrgreen:
In the 30 year period since those early days recounted by Captain Mian, Emirates has grown to become the world’s largest international airline, with a reputation for innovation and service excellence. Emirates currently serves 147 cities on six continents. Its truly international workforce represents the diverse talents of passionate men and women from 160 countries, united in a common goal to deliver the best possible customer experience in every aspect of the business.
On the other hand, the PIA has virtually grounded itself , with "no help" from anyone outside !!!
The Emirates story started in 1985 when we launched operations with just two aircraft. Today, we fly the world’s biggest fleets of Airbus A380s and Boeing 777s, offering our customers the comforts of the latest and most efficient wide-body aircraft in the skies. :((
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

With elections looming in Pakistan, two journalists attacked
CPJ
June 6, 2018
New York, June 6, 2018--The Committee to Protect Journalists today strongly condemned the abduction of journalist Gul Bukhari and the attack against journalist Asad Kharal in Lahore, Pakistan, yesterday and urged Pakistani authorities to promptly investigate the incidents and prosecute the perpetrators.
"These shocking attacks against journalists show a blatant disregard for freedom of expression and journalist safety in Pakistan and are especially dangerous as the country prepares to hold elections," said Steven Butler, CPJ's Asia program coordinator, from Washington, D.C. "If the media cannot do its job without facing severe intimidation, results of the election will always be open to question, undermining the legitimacy and effectiveness of the new government."
Bukhari, a senior journalist known for her outspoken criticism of the military, was abducted by unidentified men on Tuesday night as she was on her way to record a television program for Waqt News, her colleague Muhammad Gulsher told CPJ. As news of her abduction spread, there was a strong outcry on social media.
Bukhari was in a press car on her way to the station when her vehicle was intercepted by several cars not far from her home in an army cantonment area, Gulsher said. The driver was forced out of the vehicle, beaten, and told to run away, while the men put a mask on Bukhari and dragged her off, Gulsher said. He gave these details based on the account of the driver, who went to the TV station after the incident. The men who stopped the car were in plainclothes, while some other men were in army uniforms, according to news reports. A few hours later, Bukhari was released, Issam Ahmed, her nephew, confirmed to CPJ.
Bukhari is a holder of a British Passport. Therefore, the ISI goons were forced to release her !
On the same night, BOL TV broadcast journalist Kharal's car was intercepted by masked men near Lahore airport, and he was taken out of the car and beaten. Photographs show several injuries to Kharal's head and bloodied clothes. He was taken to Lahore Services Hospital for medical treatment, according to the Express Tribune. Kharal has been critical of the former ruling party and has reported on corruption, according to news reports. The chief justice of Pakistan, Mian Saqib Nisar, called on police to submit a report on the attack within 24 hours, according to news reports.
The attacks on the journalists came a day after the spokesperson for Pakistan's military and intelligence agencies accused journalists of sharing anti-state remarks on social media and said the Inter-Services Intelligence was monitoring such accounts and those that engage with them, CPJ documented. Pakistani authorities have cracked down on press freedom ahead of national parliamentary elections scheduled for July 25. Recently, CPJ documented disruptions to the distribution of Dawn newspaper and access to television channel Geo TV.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakis Express "Nostalgia For "Jewish Jemima" :roll:

‘Ashamed of what we did to Jemima’, says PML-N leader
LAHORE: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Barrister Zafarullah Khan on Tuesday stated that the way Jemima Khan was criticised by the nation was a shameful move on its part.Talking in a program on a private news channel, the PML-N leader said this nation is indebted of Jemima. “I am ashamed of what we did with Imran Khan’s former wife Jemima Khan.”
Not sure if "Barrister Khan" is speaking in his in his own personal capacity or the "we" has the seal of approval of Nawaz Ganja and the whole party :mrgreen:
“Although I have political differences with PTI, our people did wrong by Jemima and I am ashamed of it,” he said, adding that people (like Maulana Fazl :twisted: ) mocked her a being Jewish, even though Prophet (PBUH) has allowed marriage with a Jewish woman. :roll:
“Secondly, if she said that she is Muslim, we are no one to dismiss that,” Khan said. The barrister further said that he considers Jemima Khan an honourable lady for two main reasons. Hindsight is always 20/20 :mrgreen:
“Even after her divorce with Imran Khan, she handed over the affidavit of Bani Gala residence to PTI chief stating that she bought this property and after their separation, she cannot keep it,” PML-N leader said, adding that this shows her grace.
Did the Kaptaan - the recipient of this "gift" - treat it properly for income tax purposes on his income tax return :twisted:
Explaining the second reason, he said the daughter Seeta White — who is allegedly the illegitimate daughter of Imran Khan is being brought up by Jemima. “Because her father and Seeta White’s father are close friends,” he said, adding if anyone has done anything wrong to her, it should not have been done.
The host of the show and journalist Hamid Mir tweeted: “And finally PMLN accepted after many years that they mistreated @Jemima_Khan and she is a very honourable lady.”
Pakis are "rushing" to Jemima's defense in the wake of the "gossipy book" about Imran and Jemima that is likely to be published very soon by Imran's second wife of Muslim ( not Jewish !) origin, Reham Khan :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Isloo's Spanking Brand New Airport , Opened With Much Fanfare Last Month, Is Now Flooded By Rain Water :mrgreen:

New Islamabad International Airport Drowns After First Rain [Videos]
The new Islamabad Airport was flooded with water after its first-ever rainfall.
The new Islamabad International Airport was built at a staggering and rather extravagant cost of over Rs 100 billion. Considered as the technological marvel and the most advanced airport in Pakistan by many, the new Airport gave up against its very first round of rains.
Even if an enquiry is held and fingers are pointed for this "disaster", doubt that "heads will roll". Here is a ready -made "brand new assignment" for CJP Nisar :mrgreen:
Islamabad witnessed pleasant weather after a heavy rain yesterday, however, the airport seemed to be at the losing end of it. Just as the rain caught pace, the airport’s floor started getting flooded with water. Flights, passengers, equipment, crew etc etc :roll:
Yeah, you heard that right. Rs 100 billion spent and the airport failed to withstand the impact of an average rainfall. The airport’s ceiling started to leak exposing the Civil Aviation Authority’s poor construction work. :lol:
The rainwater accumulated at the briefing area and other places as passengers faced difficulties in getting in and out. The staff at the airport kept drying the floors, however, the efforts were of no use and water kept coming in. The sewerage system at airport is also not fully functional.
Negligence present, due diligence absent. Disease of corruption rampant and endemic :twisted:
“After the rainwater flooded the operational offices of airlines located at the ramp area of the airport, the wastewater was pumped out but the mud which came in with the water, chocked the pipelines and toilets rendering them unuseable. This has resulted in problems for the staff working at the airport,” a source told ProPakistani.
Call SERVPRO from Massaland or better still , phone the Chinese Amb and request help from Beijing under the" CPEC Umbrella" :twisted:
Many airlines confirmed that floodwater entered their offices and damaged precious equipment including computers, wireless and electronic gadgets. Rainwater also flooded the runway and parking area of aircraft which was flushed out a few hours after the rain stopped.Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is in a state of denial. The Public Relation Officer of CAA, Farah Hussain, denied that any water flooded the airport and claimed that all the videos are fake.
The "famous Echendee" , IMO ! . The "fun" will start when the insurance companies will refuse to pay damage due to insufficient, non-existent or some other "fine print" clause in the I00 + page insurance agreement, which "someone forgot to read properly" :mrgreen:
“There is no damage to the roof of the terminal building and no flooding occurred at airlines offices,” Farah Hussain told ProPakistani. Ditto !
The Airport’s Condition. You can watch the footages of the rain wreaking havoc inside the airport’s building:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

SECP "Gets Tough" With Brokers Violating Loan Documentation Rules :mrgreen:

Stockbrokers Caught Violating Loan Documentation Rules
The Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) has discovered violations while performing a compliance review of selected Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) brokers. “Non-compliance has been observed commonly,” the SECP said in a notice to the PSX.
The apex regulator has found that several stockbrokers are violating regulations relating to properly documenting the acquisition of subordinated loans, their utilization and terms of repayment. “Subordinated loan in no way be utilized for any other purpose including margin financing/margin trading (which replaced the old badla system),” a prior circular of the SECP said.Apart from this, the brokers were not allowed to render banking services like accepting deposits, it said. “Subordinated loan will only be utilized by the broker for the purpose of increasing equity/net worth, liquid capital or for any other purpose approved by the Commission,” it added.
The latest SECP circular noted that subordinated loans were not documented through a formal agreement between the loan provider. The broker and minimum tenure, terms of repayment and repayment schedule were not part of the loan agreement.The required certificate from an auditor is also not available with the brokers for the injection of funds as subordinated loans. No details are mentioned regarding the utilization of the loan. Prior approval of the SECP for repayment of the subordinated loan is not obtained in case of repayment.
“Commission has taken a lenient view this time around and is providing the last opportunity to the non-compliant brokers to ensure compliance…in letter and spirit,” the notification read.Earlier in 2017, the SECP had noted that some of the securities’ brokers were involved in unauthorized deposit taking in one form or the other. On the past, the stock market had endured a massive crisis in 2008 when the undocumented securities financing system, called badla, was found as one of the leading reasons.Brokers have time and again demanded that the regulators allow them to revive the old financing system. On the other hand, many brokers have been unofficially running the system, it has been learned.
40% of PSX is owned by Chinese interests . Maybe, to protect their investment, they want to ensure that there is no Pakistaniyat :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

IF This Is Correct, No Wonder The Country Is Almost Bankrupt :twisted:

If you have $100 million in your foreign currency account, you can remit it abroad without question for just Rs. 4000/-, based on the Protection of Economic Reforms Act (PERA) of 1992. No questions asked. :roll:
So you can have $100 million or $200 million in your NBP bank account and all you would need to send it to Switzerland is to pay a service fee of about $35 (Rs. 4000) and send it over. No questions asked. You could then bring a portion of it back and claim it as being earned in Switzerland and remitted, if you really wanted to bring it back.In comparison, every transaction over $3000 in the US is complemented with a Suspicious Activity Report under the BSA regulations. There are also other reports which monitor fund transfers, monetary instruments and currency activity. All of this is done under obligation from the Treasury.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Will Mush Take The Bait :roll:

Supreme Court summons General (r) Pervez Musharraf with no-arrest assurance
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court of Pakistan summoned former chief of the army staff-turned-president, General (r) Pervez Musharraf on June 13th.
During the hearing of the case on Thursday, the top judge assured that the former president would not be arrested upon his arrival on the next hearing
A three-judge bench, headed by the Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Justice Mian Saqib Nisar, resumed the hearing of Musharraf’s review petition against his disqualification by the Peshawar High Court in 2013 and directed the former military ruler to appear before the top court’s Lahore registry.“We will pass an order ensuring authorities do not arrest the former president before his appearance in court,” the CJP declared.
Can the CJP be "trusted". Can Mush feel "safe" when he returns . Lots of questions . Stayed tuned for the next episode . :mrgreen:
Upon this, Musharraf’s counsel told the court that the deadline was approaching for his client to file his nomination papers.
To this, Justice Nisar remarked that he will direct the returning officers to accept Musharraf’s nomination papers conditional to the final verdict on his appeal.The Peshawar High Court (PHC) had announced lifetime disqualification for former president Pervez Musharraf prior to the 2013 general election; Musharraf had filed a plea in 2016 in the Supreme Court against the verdict.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

One martyred, Die six injured as military helicopter crashes in Quetta
QUETTA – A Frontier Corps (FC) official was martyred while as many as six people were injured when an Army Aviation helicopter made a crash landing near eastern bypass in Balochistan’s capital.According to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the media wing of the army, the helicopter was on a medical mission when it made an emergency landing in Quetta, reported geo news.
The ISPR said a wounded official of the FC who was traveling in the chopper lost his life before the crash landing; the injured have been shifted to Combined Military Hospital. The chopper caught fire after the crash landing and clouds of black smoke were billowing over the area.
*This is the developing story and will be updated accordingly…
Could be because of the action taken by Balochi rebel groups , or could be pilot error or mechanical failure too. Time will tell :mrgreen:
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

A devalued economy

There is once again a demand for devaluation, a reduction in the competitive advantage for the industry, and an increase in the rate of interest.

While international finance institutions – IFIs – are recommending an increase in the rate of interest, the demand for devaluation and tariff cuts is arising from local entrepreneurs and the concerned ministries of the government. These demands have surfaced despite the fact that devaluation, tariff reduction and high rate of interest have never helped investment, production and exports anywhere in the world – especially in developing countries like Pakistan. Me thinks that the use of the Term developing countries and "Terroristan" in the same Phrase - Sentence is an "OXYMORON"!

Be that as it may, Pakistan’s economy is known as an economy of devaluations, tariff cuts and interest hikes. The first massive devaluation took place in the early 1970s when the rupee was devalued about 50 percent. Since then, the rupee remained under pressure, with an average depreciation rate of about seven percent during the 1980s and even sharply at the rate of 12 percent during the 1990s.

There was a little stability during the early 2000s as an inflow of foreign currency was witnessed following 9/11. However, the depreciation of our currency continued after this period at the rate of around seven percent and still persists. The parity is around 117 at this point. The devaluation has been punctuated with a reduction in competitive advantage to our industries from over 100 percent to 65 percent during the early 1990s. A similar trend was witnessed during the tenure of the outgoing government. In addition, the rates of interest are substantially low and stand at around 14 percent to 16 percent even now.

Free trade is further believed to be a panacea for industrialisation that can lead to increased employment, production, foreign exchange earnings and savings, at a time when free trade exist in name only across the world. Pakistan’s exports access to the world markets, for example, has not been a happy one. America has refused to freely open its market to Pakistan’s textile exports even though the latter has been a frontline country of the world alliance against terrorism. Instead, the US has further come out with a protection of over 50 percent for its steel industry. But, but, but Terroristan has hardly any Steel Industry to speak of - much less the ability to EXPORT STEEL!

This has occurred at a time when a World Bank report leaked from a concerned ministry of the government has suggested to “phase out existing industries which are internationally incompetitive – sugar, refineries, chemicals, automotive, fertiliser and steel – [and] are imposing high cost on the Pakistanis” – a statement that has never been openly contradicted from any quarters. The result is that local investment has gone shy without any signs of foreign direct investment. Losses accumulated in the public sector amount to billions.

Devaluation has seldom helped investment, production or export in Pakistan. Over the last decade, the yearly average devaluation was 5.76 percent. This has led to an increase in exports at an annual rate of 2.43 percent and a rise in imports by an annual average of 6.32 percent. Hence, no benefits were observed. Furthermore, the economic fallout of this policy has been extremely negative.

On an annual average, inflation increased by 7.11 percent, the consumer price index (CPI) has increased by seven percent and the wholesale price index (WPI) increased by 6.8 percent. Moreover, expenditure has increased by 11.69 percent and debt servicing has risen by 14.43 percent. At a time when the rupee is finally moving upwards, our thinkers must put their heads together and decide whether it is a stronger rupee that will help the economy or a weaker one.

Foreign direct investment has been encouraged by a stable currency. Moreover, world economies, particularly India’s relatively stronger economy, are supported by an equitable tax system. India’s income tax rate is 30 percent and its sales tax falls between between seven percent and 12 percent. Meanwhile, Pakistan’s tax rate is between 35 percent and 45 percent. Its sale tax is between 13 percent and 18 percent.

The rates of interest have been lower across the world. The interest rate in India, for example, has been between four percent and six percent. Meanwhile, the interest rate in Pakistan falls between six percent and 12 percent. Moreover, India’s foreign currency reserves amount to $420 billion as against about $20 billion in Pakistan. India has been a high-tech, value-added and export led economy, comprising steel, engineering, chemicals and IT as opposed to simple manufactures. Meanwhile, Pakistan exports comprise yarn and textile made-ups. The Indian economy, including its agricultural sector, has been highly subsidised. It is because of this concession that smuggling from India is estimated at a cost of Rs10 billion in taxes to Pakistan. If Indo-Pakistan trade is to be resumed at any time, this imbalance would have to be rectified. If not, then Pakistan will lose in all respects. It is to be noted that Terroristan's actual reserves - as on 25-05-2018 were with wthe State Bank of Terroristan were US$ 04.2338!

The role of IFIs has been increasingly under scrutiny. Professor Stiglitz, former chief economist of the World Bank, criticised the policies of the World Bank, for producing more poverty rather than prosperity. He was removed by the bank. After his removal, he was adjudged as a Noble laureate.

Following his retirement, Michel Camdessus, former managing director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), recommended that the IMF’s role should be ‘reviewed’, and its concepts and methods should be modified in line with the changing times. The World Trade Organization – which is nicknamed as the ‘Western Trade Organisation’ – represents 0.01 percent of the richest 1,000 corporations and individuals. Internally and externally, these organisations are seen to be less effective and unpopular.

The farmers, labourers and small- and medium-sized enterprises across the world, are agitating against the fact that these organisations are working for globalisation in favour of multinationals. Another victim is also Argentine – though in a different sense. Noble laureate Professor Stiglitz has warned against repeating the mistake made in South East Asia. However, those working for these organisations are prudent managers and have the ability to deliver.

The difficulties that stand before them involve the inconsistencies in the developed world’s approaches of regionalism; protectionism, if not nationalism; and American interests vis-a-vis free trade. In the developing world, perhaps, is the structural adjustments problem. However, they tend to have an open mind and are willing to dovetail national priorities with the international structuring that they are bound to.

Only the recipients of aid, loans and credits from these IFIs have to make their own case to fall within the four walls of the general spectrum. It is here that the local ability to synchronise local needs with the general principles of these institutions is particularly relevant. However, the developing world – particularly Pakistan – has increasingly relied on them for support.

Pakistan, therefore, has to be careful in making policies and dovetailing their national priorities with the IFIs. It must also clarify what investment is welcome in what field. Unfortunately, Pakistan has been silent in this important aspect of the economy despite the vociferous demands from entrepreneurs.

Be that as it may, no country can afford to ignore industries of a strategic nature like the 10 basic industries that were nationalised during the first PPP regime and are now being proposed to be phased out. Unless there is a balance in among these three types of investment, no economy can boast balanced growth. It is time Pakistan recognises this fact and harmonise the national priorities of local ownership and involvement.

In a developing country like Pakistan, salvation lies in self-reliance. This strategy will promote investment, production and exports. No amount of devaluation, tariff reduction or interest rate hikes – which have traditionally let down economies in South East Asia, Egypt, Turkey and, more recently, Argentine – can help Pakistan. Indeed Terroristan must close down all its Industries and be the World's Leader in the field if TERRORISM!

The writer is the chairman of the Atlas group of companies. Email: yhs@atlas.com.pk

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Something Brewing Behind The Scenes :roll:

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo calls COAS General Bajwa
June 7, 2018
WASHINGTON – United States Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Thursday telephoned Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa and emphasized on strengthening the mutual ties between both states.In a statement issued from the office of the US spokesperson Heather Nauert, Pompeo and General Bajwa discussed ways to enhance Pak-US bilateral relations. :((
They also exchanged views over need for political reconciliation in Afghanistan and to do more for indiscriminate operation against terrorist groups in South Asia. :((
Probably will come out later, what actually transpired between the two :D
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Falijee wrote:Isloo's Spanking Brand New Airport , Opened With Much Fanfare Last Month, Is Now Flooded By Rain Water :mrgreen:

The new Islamabad International Airport was built at a staggering and rather extravagant cost of over Rs 100 billion. Considered as the technological marvel and the most advanced airport in Pakistan by many, the new Airport gave up against its very first round of rains.
Even if an enquiry is held and fingers are pointed for this "disaster", doubt that "heads will roll". Here is a ready -made "brand new assignment" for CJP Nisar :mrgreen:
Islamabad witnessed pleasant weather after a heavy rain yesterday, however, the airport seemed to be at the losing end of it. Just as the rain caught pace, the airport’s floor started getting flooded with water. Flights, passengers, equipment, crew etc etc :roll:
Yeah, you heard that right. Rs 100 billion spent and the airport failed to withstand the impact of an average rainfall. The airport’s ceiling started to leak exposing the Civil Aviation Authority’s poor construction work. :lol:
The rainwater accumulated at the briefing area and other places as passengers faced difficulties in getting in and out. The staff at the airport kept drying the floors, however, the efforts were of no use and water kept coming in. The sewerage system at airport is also not fully functional.
Negligence present, due diligence absent. Disease of corruption rampant and endemic :twisted:
“After the rainwater flooded the operational offices of airlines located at the ramp area of the airport, the wastewater was pumped out but the mud which came in with the water, chocked the pipelines and toilets rendering them unuseable. This has resulted in problems for the staff working at the airport,” a source told ProPakistani.
Call SERVPRO from Massaland or better still , phone the Chinese Amb and request help from Beijing under the" CPEC Umbrella" :twisted:
Many airlines confirmed that floodwater entered their offices and damaged precious equipment including computers, wireless and electronic gadgets. Rainwater also flooded the runway and parking area of aircraft which was flushed out a few hours after the rain stopped.Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is in a state of denial. The Public Relation Officer of CAA, Farah Hussain, denied that any water flooded the airport and claimed that all the videos are fake.
The "famous Echendee" , IMO ! . The "fun" will start when the insurance companies will refuse to pay damage due to insufficient, non-existent or some other "fine print" clause in the I00 + page insurance agreement, which "someone forgot to read properly" :mrgreen:
“There is no damage to the roof of the terminal building and no flooding occurred at airlines offices,” Farah Hussain told ProPakistani. Ditto !
The Airport’s Condition. You can watch the footages of the rain wreaking havoc inside the airport’s building:
Airport was made on models of Arap mumaliks. It never rains there so they forgot to take rain factor during designing. And then what Bakis are complaining about? They need water very badly (follow Indus treaty). Now Allah has given water they do not want it. BTW it is clear from picture that damage is very extensive and Islo airport fit for hydroplanes.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Falijee wrote:
chetak wrote:
[/b]

Chetak-ji :
Can the Kaptaan rejuvenate himself by taking VI.#$AGRA :twisted:
I told you, sirji.

It is all about pitch selection as well as batting stance.

These two guys, imran and wasim always had an itch they scratched frequently, especially with Indian "fans".

Even in their mid sixties, old habits die hard for these two paki buggers.

Imran Khan faces trouble ahead of Pakistan polls as ex-wife Reham makes sexual assault allegations in book
According to News18, Reham has also said that the tell-all book will reveal instances of sexual assault or sexual favours, including some which are directly linked to Khan. She alleged that sexual favours were used to appoint people to powerful posts. "Sadly in Pakistan, this is not such a big problem," the report quoted her as saying.

"There have been certain inclusions in the party of people who have been charged for gang-rape for example. So, when I am voting for change, I don’t see that change. The idea, the reason we supported Imran Khan was because he was against the status quo. But he has become a cheaper version of the status quo. It is sad that the PMLN and the Pakistan People’s Party are actually looking cleaner than the PTI at the moment," the report quoted her as saying.

According to another report in The Guardian, Reham also alleged that she had been harassed for months by members of Khan's PTI. Her alleged harassers were seeking to block the release of her book.

She also criticised Khan over the recent nominations of candidates for the caretaker chief minister for Pakistan's Punjab province, for which the party has come under fire after it withdrew the name of its proposed candidate Nasir Khosa.

"How can a person run a country if he cannot give a name for the caretaker chief minister?" she asked.

Reham has remained at the centre of controversy after the manuscript of her book was leaked online, which irked several PTI leaders who took to Twitter to accuse her of being part of an "agenda" ahead of the 25 July general elections.

In fact, Reham has been served a legal notice by four persons: Her first husband Ijaz Rehman, cricketer Wasim Akram, British businessman Syed Zulfiqar Bukhari, and Khan's PTI media coordinator Anila Khawaja, who have claimed that she defamed them in her book, reported The Times of India.

The report also said that at pages 402 and 572 of the book's leaked online content, Reham had alleged that Akram used his late wife to carry out his sexual fantasies by arranging for another man to have sex with her while he watched. She has also accused Khawaja of having an illicit affair with Khan.

The 65-year-old Khan's previous two marriages ended in divorce. His first marriage was with Jemima Goldsmith, daughter of a British billionaire, in 1995, which lasted nine years.

Rumours about Khan's third marriage started circulating in January. However, he had rejected media reports that he had secretly married Bushra on 1 January.

On 19 February, Khan's PTI spokesperson Fawad Chaudhary said that the party chief married Bushra in a simple ceremony.

Also,

Imran Khan’s ex-wife Reham Khan served legal notice after sensational disclosures

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) International Media Coordinator Anila Khawaja
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

jash_p wrote:P

his crime ?

her crime ?

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Falijee wrote:Isloo's Spanking Brand New Airport , Opened With Much Fanfare Last Month, Is Now Flooded By Rain Water :mrgreen:

Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

What is a Jet Airways plane doing at Isloo airport? Didn't know they flew there..
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Kashi wrote:What is a Jet Airways plane doing at Isloo airport? Didn't know they flew there..
There is a Mumbai to Islamabad Jet Airways flight

https://www.yatra.com/international-fli ... ights.html
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Kashi wrote:What is a Jet Airways plane doing at Isloo airport? Didn't know they flew there..
Thats not jet. Jet Airways do not land in Isloo.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

SBajwa wrote:
There is a Mumbai to Islamabad Jet Airways flight

https://www.yatra.com/international-fli ... ights.html
That link - Jet dropping passengers going to Isloo in Bangkok first and then Thai airways transporting them to Isloo.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Airport video has Adbul Chacha calling for AZAN. Very halal video. Hope all the workers ran for their praying mats.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

I was also curious. The plane isn't there in the video, only for the cover frame. Paki video editing and identity masking skills at work, nothing surprising.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Jet Airways plane pic is from flooding of Chennai Airport (from NDTV).

https://drop.ndtv.com/albums/NEWS/chenn ... lood/2.jpg
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Mush Denied Paki Indentity Card :twisted:

NADRA blocks Musharraf’s CNIC
Islamabad: National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA), on the request of ministry of interior, has blocked the computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) of former president General (retd) Pervez Musharraf. Sources said with the blockade of CNIC, the passport of Musharraf is automatically suspended and the accounts have been frozen. He has also been deprived of sale and purchase of his more than 10 properties in Pakistan, the sources added.
Musharraf owns four plots in Karachi and three properties in Islamabad.The Interior Ministry last week requested Nadra to block the CNIC of Pervez Musharraf on the directives of special court.The Interior Ministry gave a week to Musharraf warning him that his NIC and passport would be blocked if he did not surrender within a week.
On March 16 a special court in its written order in a high treason case against Gen (R) Pervez Musharraf directed the Interior Ministry to take steps for the arrest and extradition of the former military dictator from Arab Emirate to Pakistan. Earlier today, the Supreme Court (SC) allowed former president Pervez Musharraf to submit his nomination papers for the upcoming general election with conditions.The apex court also directed the former president to appear before it on June 13 at its Lahore registry and assured him that he won’t be arrested in case of his attendance.
That explains why the Kammandu is confined to his high rise Dubai flat . No CNIC, no selling of property and also no new passport . No passport , no travel to Massaland and Londonistan . No travel , no speaking fees. No speaking fees, maximum drop in income . Hit him in the pocketbook where it hurts :mrgreen:
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

rsingh wrote:Airport video has Adbul Chacha calling for AZAN. Very halal video. Hope all the workers ran for their praying mats.
More importantly, why are these abduls running around making haram videos, instead of heading for their prayer mats in the 'Holy Month'?

Folks the Isloo airport is now a Deep - C Port (part of CPEC).
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Shah Rukh Khan’s cousin to join election race from Peshawar
Noor Jahan, the paternal cousin of Bollywood megastar Shah Rukh Khan, has publicized the news of her contesting the upcoming general elections from her hometown of Peshawar.In conversation with Geo News, Noor Jahan revealed that she will be joining the election’s race by contesting for a general seat from the constituency PK-77, as an independent candidate, in spite of her hailing from Awami National Party.“I hope people support me in the same way they support Shah Rukh Khan,” she had stated.Cousin of the Bollywood legend had previously been of service as a councilor and has been engaged in political activities since a couple of years.
Belonging to Peshawar’s Mohallah Shah Wali Qatal area, Noor Jahan has garnered immense support from her neighbors as well who claim to stand by her.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

rsingh wrote: Airport was made on models of Arap mumaliks. It never rains there so they forgot to take rain factor during designing. And then what Bakis are complaining about? They need water very badly (follow Indus treaty). Now Allah has given water they do not want it. BTW it is clear from picture that damage is very extensive and Islo airport fit for hydroplanes.
Sirji,
Paki airport designers have great foresight. The flooding is only a temporary aberration. Pak land will become a great desert, so the designers just made the airport suitable for a desert environment. Isiko long term planning kahte hain.
Gautam
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

g.sarkar wrote:
rsingh wrote: Airport was made on models of Arap mumaliks. It never rains there so they forgot to take rain factor during designing. And then what Bakis are complaining about? They need water very badly (follow Indus treaty). Now Allah has given water they do not want it. BTW it is clear from picture that damage is very extensive and Islo airport fit for hydroplanes.
Sirji,
Paki airport designers have great foresight. The flooding is only a temporary aberration. Pak land will become a great desert, so the designers just made the airport suitable for a desert environment. Isiko long term planning kahte hain.
Gautam
They got confused between storage dams and airports.

Forgot which is to hold water and which the planes.

lahori logic, madrassa maths and karachi konstruction.

Well, at least they are trying hard to solve their water storage problems.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

More "Juicy Stuff" From Reham's Revelations :twisted:

Alleged leaked excerpts from Reham Khan’s book have things more shocking than we ever imagined
one of the accusations that Imran Khan levelled at her to a mutual friend was that she had been on the ISI payroll,
a few months after the divorce, Imran went directly asked a former Director General of the ISI about the alleged affair.
“That man, Zaheer ul-Islam, allegedly walked out of the meeting in disgust saying later to someone, ‘This man is a raving lunatic!’ and refused to meet IK again,”
So, Immy is persona non grata at Aabpara :roll:
Reham observed that as she started working in Pakistani media, she realised that everyone on TV had a financial feed other than their salaries.
lifafa journalism :roll:
One such incident relates to a TV anchor, Reham did not mention, who took a different line than PTI’s one but after having spent a night with an operative and having being captured in a compromising video, changed his stance.
black mail "permitted" under Sharia :roll:
Imran’s penchant for sexting was apparently well known in Lahori circles.
If other reports - in the book- are to be believed, the Kaptaan's "hobby" went well beyond sexting :mrgreen:
Most female anchors had excitedly reported receiving images of his genitalia, wrote Reham Khan. excited state or natural state :roll:
Reham shares that Imran Khan was close to Kate Rothschild as she was devastated when the rapper she fell in love with, converted to Islam and refused to continue the affair with her.
Islam does not "tolerate" affairs !!!!
The Kaptaan always paid "lip service " to Malsi . His free style lifestyle is a testament to that :twisted:
She is referring to Jemima's dad -an 100% confirmed Zionist . Maulana Fazl has long accused Imran of being in the "pocket of Zionists" :mrgreen:

So, Maulana Fazl is correct when he says that there is a "yahoodi saazish" ! :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

China Nudges Pakistan Towards "Peace With India" :roll:

Hope Pakistan & India can work together, cooperate in SCO: China

Soft sell by the Chinese before the all important meeting on June 9-10 , 2018 :D
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

If This Report Is To Be Believed , The Pakis Are Depleting Their Oil And Gas Reserves At An Alarming Rate :twisted:

Shocking disclosure: Pakistan's existing oil and Gas reserves to end after 10 years
June 7, 2018
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Euphemisms And Paki General Election - A "Useful Guide " :P

'Aliens' and 'angels': euphemisms mask Pakistani election fears
Reuters
Drazen Jorgic
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - In most countries, politicians who warned that aliens were trying to influence an upcoming general election would likely find themselves ridiculed by the media and shunned at the ballot box.
In Pakistan, where cryptic references to “invisible hands” wielded by “the boys” have long been part of the political lexicon, such talk is a staple of the campaign trail.
Ahead of the July 25 vote, ousted Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has cautioned that “aliens” (Pakistan’s military) will attempt to prevent his party from winning another five-year term. Others whisper about the role the country’s feared “angels” (intelligence services) might play.
The colorful terminology is partly a reflection of Pakistan’s rich linguistic heritage, peppered with English terms such as “blue-eyed boy” (one favored by those in power) and “red lines” (forbidden subjects).
“These terms are particular to Pakistan because of our governance structure,” said Jibran Nasir, a prominent human rights lawyer and activist. “We have militarized politics, and that’s something you don’t get so often in a modern-day democracy.”
Pakistan’s military, which did not respond to a request for comment, has repeatedly denied interfering in modern-day politics.
It works "behind the scenes" !
But intensifying allegations of military meddling threaten to cast a shadow over the milestone, with senior figures in Sharif’s Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) alleging “hidden forces” are trying to weaken the party.
Newspaper editorials and social media are awash with fears the poll may be delayed due to behind-the-scenes scheming by “anti-democratic forces” - yet another euphemism used to describe the army and its spy bodies, including the powerful Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency.
“The real aliens...have been there for 70 years,” Sharif said. “Now, it is going to have a match, God willing, with humans, and humans with the blessing of God will defeat the aliens.”
Ganja had the support of the "aliens" for most of his political life :mrgreen:
On Monday, Pakistan’s military spokesman Major General Asif Ghafoor declined to comment when he was asked at a news conference about the military being referred to as “aliens”.
Imran Khan, the cricketer-turned-politician whose Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party is seen as PML-N’s main challenger, denies colluding with the military, but has in the past teased crowds at rallies that a “third umpire” might dismiss PML-N’s then-premier Sharif, widely interpreted as relying on a cricketing metaphor to suggest the army might intervene.
Imran's chances have tanked due to shocking disclosures by his Ex wife !
Many of the oblique terms for the military took hold in the 1970s and 1980s, during the rule of General Zia-ul-Haq, who had journalists tortured and whose censors vetted all stories before they were published.“This language is well-honed and these terms all fit into the historical background of a military that has a pervasive role in Pakistani politics,” said Cyril Almeida, a columnist for Dawn, the country’s largest English-language newspaper.
Many writers also feel the influence and overflow of Pakistan’s lingua-franca Urdu, a flowery and poetic language, has swelled the popularity of such colorful turns of phrase in English, which is Pakistan’s second official language widely spoken by the political and business elites.
Terms such as “angels”, referring to ISI and other intelligence agencies, hail from the belief that none of their work is documented and their involvement cannot be proven - but they still exist.On Tuesday, a prominent social activist who was openly critical of the military was abducted for several hours. Her colleagues blamed a “sensitive institution”, another commonly used term in Pakistan to refer to the military and ISI.
The ISI has real powers! They can shut down a newspaper or a TV Station temporarily so the medium gets the message !
Talal Chaudhry, state minister for interior affairs until last week, recently told Reuters that certain state institutions were pressuring rights activists to stifle dissent and create a “controlled democracy”, which in Pakistan refers to the concept of de facto military control. But when asked which state institutions he was referring to, Talal declined to name them.“By naming them things might get even worse and we don’t want to make things worse,” Talal said. “We want to make them better.”
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Zaid Hamid
‏Verified account @ZaidZamanHamid
3h3 hours ago
This is the temperature in country now...its boiling hot...drought, power outage, slaughter of trees and jungles....no reservoirs...
Every govt in the last 15 years deserve to be hanged upside down...and crucified...PMLQ, PPP, PMLN...
Jahil- Ham-Eid should be concerned about his own "temperature" in this "holy" month lest he suffers not just a "heat" stroke, but a real medical stroke, the way that he spewing poison left and right , through his computer key board :mrgreen:
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the PESW Thread

World Bank sees Pakistan’s economy slowing next year

ISLAMABAD: The new federal cabinet on Wednesday emphasised the need for taking immediate corrective measures to stop the economy from deteriorating, but sought some clarifications from the finance ministry before taking steps over the short term.

Interim Finance Minister Dr Shamshad Akhtar gave an overview of the economy to the cabinet. The cabinet underscored the need for taking immediate measures to address certain issues related to balance of payments, fiscal and debt sustainability and better management of public-sector enterprises, according to a statement issued by the PM Office.

It was the second briefing by the finance ministry in three days as on Monday the ministry presented the synopsis of Pakistan’s fractured economy to caretaker Prime Minister Nasirul Mulk.

Finance Secretary Arif Ahmad Khan had told the PM about the need for getting an International Monetary Fund (IMF) bailout.

The caretaker prime minister on Wednesday directed the Finance Division to formulate a comprehensive strategy containing immediate measures as well as a blueprint of long-term structural reforms for consideration of the incoming elected government.

Pakistan’s external account is in a precarious situation as gross official foreign currency reserves have slipped to only $10 billion. The reserves may deplete further due to mounting debt payments and a higher current account deficit. This has raised the prospect of entering into another IMF programme.

The caretaker government could not take decisions that may bind the next government in any permanent arrangement, said Barrister Ali Zafar, Federal Minister for Information and Law, while responding to a question on the need for having an IMF programme.

But Zafar maintained that the caretaker government had the mandate to take decisions on day-to-day matters. He said the interim set-up could only take those decisions where the new government would have the authority to either accept or reject them. The minister said the IMF arrangement would be of a permanent nature that the current government could not make.

Zafar said depending on the need, the interim set-up could start a process that the new government could take to its logical end. But he said Pakistan was not in an emergency situation where it required an immediate IMF bailout.

“Going to the IMF is one of the solutions, but we cannot give long-term commitments,” added Zafar.

Although the finance ministry highlighted the challenges that Pakistan’s economy was facing, the cabinet ministers sought more details about the current economic situation before taking short-term decisions, said the sources.

They said there would be another presentation to the federal cabinet on the economic situation.

World Bank report

Meanwhile, the World Bank on Wednesday released its Global Economic Prospects report for June 2018 that showed Pakistan’s economy would slow down in the next fiscal year after notching up a high growth of 5.8%.

The GDP growth that was estimated to rise to 5.8% in the current fiscal year will moderate to 5% in 2018-19, reflecting tighter policies to improve macroeconomic stability, according to the World Bank.

The PML-N government had approved a 6.2% economic growth target for fiscal year 2018-19.

The World Bank sees slowdown in economic activities on the assumption that Pakistan could be in an IMF programme, which will require the country to implement tighter monetary and fiscal policies.

In its last two years in power, the PML-N government had implemented expansionary fiscal and lose monetary policies, reversing the economic gains achieved under a three-year IMF bailout programme (2013-16).

However, the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has now started tightening the monetary policy and is refraining from intervening in the currency exchange market.

The World Bank noted that the monetary policy in South Asia had remained broadly accommodative and supported fast credit growth, but the SBP recently increased its policy rate to reduce growing external pressures.

The Washington-based lender also said along with some other regional countries, Pakistan was also facing the challenge of further deterioration in fiscal balances and continued build-up of debt and widening of current account deficit.

The World Bank sees the global economy leaving the legacy of global financial crisis of the past decade behind. About half of the world’s countries are experiencing an increase in growth.

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Good News For The Momeens : Mullahs Rule That " Light Beating" Of Wives Not Haram :twisted:

Pakistani men can beat wives 'lightly,' Islamic council says
CNN
May 28, 2018
(CNN)The leader of a Pakistani Islamic council has proposed a bill that allows husbands to "lightly beat" their wives as a form of discipline.
In the 75-page proposal, Mohammad Khan Sheerani suggests a light beating is acceptable should the need arise to punish a woman. The proposal bans forceful beating, saying only a small stick is necessary to instill fear.
Must have they posted guidelines as to the "dimensions of the small stick" ( ie length, thickness , height, which wood is "halal" and which haram ) and other details, after all the proposed fatwa is 75 pages long :mrgreen:
The Council of Islamic Ideology is a powerful constitutional body that advises the Pakistani legislature whether laws are in line with the teachings of Islam.
In Pakiland , the word "powerful" usually is a code word for Mullahs as well as for the Military ( and of course, "Allah" )
Its proposed bill is seen as a response to the rejected Punjab Women Protection bill for abused women. The council shunned it as "un-Islamic" and wrote its own bill, which includes the recommendation for the light beating.
Anything that does not "smell of Islam" is immediately rejected in Pakistan !
"A husband should be allowed to lightly beat his wife if she defies his commands and refuses to dress up as per his desires; turns down demand of intercourse without any religious excuse or does not take bath after intercourse or menstrual periods," Pakistan's Express-Tribune newspaper cited the proposal as saying.
Sexual satisfaction is 24/7 on the minds :roll:
The proposal also calls for a beating if a woman does not wear a hijab, if she interacts with strangers, speaks too loudly or gives others cash without her husband's permission, according to the newspaper.
No need for "alarm". Right now , it is a "proposal only" :mrgreen:
It also suggests bans on various activities, including women fighting in wars. But it allows women to participate in politics and become judges, and proposes that the need for a guardian for women of age is not required.
Women empowerment movement of Pakiland may suffer a a setback due to the misogynist attitude of the Mullahs :P
The proposal also says that women should not be permitted to receive non-relatives or foreign officials, and they should not use birth control pills without asking their husbands. Proposals by the Council of Islamic Ideology are recommendations and are not applicable unless passed by legislators.