J&K News and Discussion - 2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K News and Discussion - 2016

Post by Bart S »

Aditya_V wrote:I think it is only dawning on many Indians including those in the Armed forces that Pakis respect no agreement. I hope we retiliate in such a manner and casualties soo high that the Pakis can't hide and they temporarily lay low when we have to prepare. Until we split the nation again we can expect no peace.
Please don't insult the intelligence of the average citizen or that of the forces. The vast majority of the country is not that stupid, and certainly not the forces. The only people under this delusion, are the political class (including unfortunately those of the current govt as well), the lutyens elite and fossils from pre-partition times. Even among these groups, many of them are not that stupid, they are just corrupt and put their own petty vested interests over those of the country and our troops. Unfortunately, it is these people who are either in control, or have their tentacles deep enough into the system that they can block any strategy of defence by offensive posture.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

This is a war being fought on many fronts. It has tacit and explicit support from outside agencies. See this from National Geographic in their latest issue.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/maga ... an-police/

Basically a completely one-sided story told by Amnesty International based on interviews with the terrorist outfits. No mention of the atrocities against Indian soldiers, Pakistani involvement and most importantly, the plight of the poor Hindus who were hounded out of the region.

The narrative is blatantly anti-India and our armed forces. What else can one expect from the Western media, although I must confess I've always had great admiration for NG's photographers and writers. So this came as a big disappointment as a long time reader.

Just looking at the map of India gave me severe heartburn.

Needless to say I will not be renewing my subscription and am writing to them about my thoughts on this nonsense. They should stick to Nature and avoid politics.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Bart S wrote:http://zeenews.india.com/jammu-and-kash ... 16527.html
Army jawan, involved in encounter of terrorist Sameer Tiger, kidnapped from Shopian

This current pussyfooting around will not do. Time to reactivate the Ikhwan type orgs and pay them back in kind - bump off the OGWs one by one.
Second such major below the belt blow today.
'Rising Kashmir' Editor Shujaat Bukhari Shot Dead In Srinagar
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/shujaat ... ed-1867640

This is now an all out war declared on us, will our govt please wake up or just carry on with blah blah 'Kadi Ninda' we need to win hearts and minds nonsense :evil:
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

rising kashmir is pro-pak newspaper AFAIK.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Rahul M wrote:rising kashmir is pro-pak newspaper AFAIK.
Glancing through the editorial and opinion section there are no pro-India articles but also none of the usual ISI/Hurriyat propaganda and vitriol. Perhaps the latter was their 'crime' in the eyes of the terrorist jihadi fanatics.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh says:

'Killing of Rising Kashmir editor Shujaat Bukhari is act of cowardice. It is an attempt to silence the saner voices of Kashmir.

'He was a courageous and fearless journalist. Extremely shocked and pained. My thoughts and prayers are with his bereaved family.'

:roll:
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Bart S wrote:
Rahul M wrote:rising kashmir is pro-pak newspaper AFAIK.
Glancing through the editorial and opinion section there are no pro-India articles but also none of the usual ISI/Hurriyat propaganda and vitriol. Perhaps the latter was their 'crime' in the eyes of the terrorist jihadi fanatics.
Looks like this guy was quite the bigot and biased closet Islamist himself:
https://twitter.com/AdityaRajKaul/statu ... 4331773952

Shows how low things have fallen, if even such people are not green enough for the valley separatist 'street'.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Primus wrote: Needless to say I will not be renewing my subscription and am writing to them about my thoughts on this nonsense. They should stick to Nature and avoid politics.
tweet this too. I think ramana sir tweeted with articles showing anti hindu/india bias
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Cant help but chuckle at Shujaat Bikharis murder. Watching his twitter feed, I think he criticized some murders of local Kashmiri policemen/armymen during eid and that was reason enough for some jihadis to spray bullets at him and his security detail. The hate spread by his fellow Islamists and Kashmiris towards Kafir India consumed him. Watching the recent interviews of native Kashmiri losers, I dont see how India can keep Kashmir long term without expulsion of jihadi elements and without a local population that is faithful to India. 370 and 35A must go. To hell with these jihadis and let the chips fall where they may.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

1) UN Report on "Human Rights Violations" in J&K, from a pure Hurry-rat/HM/LeT perspective, as ventriloquized by "Amnesty International".

2) Report of similar tone and content in National Geographic magazine in US, which in general steers clear of political stories.

Oh yes. The Americans are showing their displeasure with Modi's recent summits at Wuhan and Sochi. Especially Sochi, where things like S400 were discussed.

Atrocity literature being dispensed to indicate that (in contrast to relative silence on J&K in the last 15 years) that button can be activated with Amreeka Bahadur's blessing at any time.

What's more, if Amreeka Bahadur shows even the slightest sign of getting behind Cashmere separatism again, the Pakis will happily dig up CPEC and throw the Chinese engineers of Gwadar into the sea, in their rabid enthusiasm to get DupleeCity on board with their cause. CPEC was turning into a huge burden, anyway, upon Pakistan's excuse for an "economy".

Two birds with one stone for Trump sarkar. Either India backs off from its rapprochement with China/reiteration of strategic partnership with Russia to ease "UN" pressure regarding J&K. Or if India sticks to its guns, Pakistan dumps their new Godfathel and runs back to their old one.
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

Rudradev wrote:1) UN Report on "Human Rights Violations" in J&K, from a pure Hurry-rat/HM/LeT perspective, as ventriloquized by "Amnesty International".

2) Report of similar tone and content in National Geographic magazine in US, which in general steers clear of political stories.

Oh yes. The Americans are showing their displeasure with Modi's recent summits at Wuhan and Sochi. Especially Sochi, where things like S400 were discussed.

Atrocity literature being dispensed to indicate that (in contrast to relative silence on J&K in the last 15 years) that button can be activated with Amreeka Bahadur's blessing at any time.

What's more, if Amreeka Bahadur shows even the slightest sign of getting behind Cashmere separatism again, the Pakis will happily dig up CPEC and throw the Chinese engineers of Gwadar into the sea, in their rabid enthusiasm to get DupleeCity on board with their cause. CPEC was turning into a huge burden, anyway, upon Pakistan's excuse for an "economy".

Two birds with one stone for Trump sarkar. Either India backs off from its rapprochement with China/reiteration of strategic partnership with Russia to ease "UN" pressure regarding J&K. Or if India sticks to its guns, Pakistan dumps their new Godfathel and runs back to their old one.
I also followed these two reports. Things are stirring. Definitely will be a interesting period in Indo-Us relations going forward.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

On this Shujaat's murder, I am pretty sure CT theories will be peddled pretty soon, but some observations watching the usual suspects on TV, SM etc:

1. I know its not compassionate to speak ill of the departed, but I am not going to get too emotional. This guys was the benign, suave face of the Jihad being waged against India. He is the reason why we have one-sided reports from the white boys like the one from UN demonizing India. But that said, he didn't deserve to die like this. Only goes to show you, that you play with fire, it will come back to bite you.

2. He was an out and out Paki in mufti. I've never seen him utter a word against Pakis, but never shied away from peddling CT theories against Indian army, singling the Paki tune once again couched in benign language.

3. The usual suspects are effusive in their praise of this guy. Another Jihadi in Mufti like him, Gauhar Gilani, came on TV and was peddling the most brazen propaganda, both 'militants' and 'Indian state' target journalists. And more socking was he went unchallenged by the anchor, instead singing paens about his journalistic ethics and crap like that.

4. People like the stupid turn coats like Tavleen Singh in their bloody fake Brit accent once again attacking ModiJi for his murder and providing zero value with this crap that ModiJi does not have a 'strategy'. What f!king strategy? Pakis are attacking us with impunity, Indian army doing its job, and ModiJi doing his best to bring some sense of normalcy. Short of war with Pakis, what else do these Lutyen turn coat toadies want ModiJi to do and what do they mean by 'strategy', 'political solution' and gas like that?

5. So until the next big TSP sponsored or local Jihadi 'event' in the valley, cycle will continue until Pakis pay a price (and of course, this last part of well known to us).
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

^^^^^^^

While some may just be grateful that a thorn has been removed and point to the old adage of never looking a gift horse in the mouth, some CTs often have a kernel of truth in them.

Not to speak ill of the dead, of course.

Mehbooba mufti has succeeded spectacularly in her mission of spearheading the paki thrust into India and the cashmere cauldron has been constantly on the boil per instructions from across the border.

Very difficult for the dilli govt to now get off the tiger's back without sustaining irreparable damage.
Last edited by chetak on 15 Jun 2018 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

The Hindu's Malini Parthasarathy @MaliniP on former colleague Shujaat Bukhari:
Shujaat Bukhari joined @the_hindu in the '90s & lit up the paper's link to the Kashmir crisis. He connected the Hurriyat leaders & many other key players to our editorial board, bringing home the full force of Kashmir 's despair. Thanks, Shujaat for your splendid contributions.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

I am deeply saddened by the abduction and killing of the Armyman Amanullah by Pak sponsored Islamic terrorists.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

ArjunPandit wrote:
Primus wrote: Needless to say I will not be renewing my subscription and am writing to them about my thoughts on this nonsense. They should stick to Nature and avoid politics.
tweet this too. I think ramana sir tweeted with articles showing anti hindu/india bias
You guys are waaaaaaay behind the curve. National Geographic was mainly known for publishing photos of Polynesian wimmens in grass skirts and nothing above, but in Ulan Bator we stopped subscribing to such haraam stuff long ago. Pics of wimmens with ankles and wrists exposed shocked the tender sensibilities of Ulan Bator readership. No shame at all.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Bart S wrote:The Hindu's Malini Parthasarathy @MaliniP on former colleague Shujaat Bukhari:
Shujaat Bukhari joined @the_hindu in the '90s & lit up the paper's link to the Kashmir crisis. He connected the Hurriyat leaders & many other key players to our editorial board, bringing home the full force of Kashmir 's despair. Thanks, Shujaat for your splendid contributions.
My prayers are for the two security men killed in the attack. The torture-murder of the Army soldier needs "Befitting Rebly" onlee. The other one, well.. his friends came a-calling, evidently. The reason I came to this dhaga is to confirm my suspicions on hearing the name this morning. Now I understand the :(( by Mufti and Omar. Realization that all these years of backstabbing India have not satisfied their masters.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Bart S wrote:
Bart S wrote:http://zeenews.india.com/jammu-and-kash ... 16527.html
Army jawan, involved in encounter of terrorist Sameer Tiger, kidnapped from Shopian

This current pussyfooting around will not do. Time to reactivate the Ikhwan type orgs and pay them back in kind - bump off the OGWs one by one.

This is now an all out war declared on us, will our govt please wake up or just carry on with blah blah 'Kadi Ninda' we need to win hearts and minds nonsense :evil:
Hey we are fighting a multi front war here and this war have no doubt of it and you are fighting it with a conglomerate of international alliances jostling for space. Yet in our country people keep criticizing government instead of uniting and boosting morale.
I am a bit sick of this Kadi Ninda tripe people put out everywhere.
Imagine how the UN has latched on to imagined atrocities. Now imagine if the government listened to the Ramboesque suggestions put out by social media warriors.
This is a time to be united with the government. Unless the world order changes, you cannot expect more outward aggression from any government in power.
Never seen a people like this.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Rudradev wrote:1) UN Report on "Human Rights Violations" in J&K, from a pure Hurry-rat/HM/LeT perspective, as ventriloquized by "Amnesty International".

Add a number 3 to it. The recent CIA report that lists Bajrang Dal as a terrorist organization.
Footnote it with a number 4 - the Quantico episode
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

The US is itself considering withdrawing from the UN Human Rights business. With 48 states a part of the OIC, this gives them major heft when it comes to such efforts that are symbolic, but without any real meaning. The usual talking heads will beat their chests and nothing will change.

As for other things that you mentioned.. the reality is, Islamists have made deep inroads into every aspect of American cultural life. Having trillions of dollars in oil wealth helped them do that. The people who did the natgeo story are both muslim. This gives them a natural affinity towards muslim causes. Hindus are busy accumulating wealth, so dont have as many members in the cultural gatekeeper class.

The categorization of Bajarang Dal as a 'militant religious' organization is correct. They *are* militant (combative and aggressive in support of a political or social cause, and typically favoring extreme, violent, or confrontational methods.) and they should wear the militant badge with pride. I suspect the heart burn is because the word militant is used by DDM to refer to Jihadi terrorists.. Categorizing VHP the same as Bajrang dal is a bit more problematic and shows the author of the report did not do their homework.

Ultimately, its the deep state that will decide the course and they are busy crafting the Indo-Pacific.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Not Americans., but Southern Baptists and/or Vaticans.

National Geographic is a anti-Hindu xtian shill.

The HR report is a dog-whistle to you-know-who for the upcoming 2019 elections.
Sumair
BRFite

Post by Sumair »

chetak wrote:
wig wrote:more deadly news from Jammu and Kashmir: Four BSF men killed, Five injured in Pakistan firing along IB in Samba sector.
http://brighterkashmir.com/jammu-and-ka ... ba-sector/
These guys walked into a preselected, pre prepared kill zone. They were going to inspect some damage and assess the repair involved.

The approach involved traversing some open area bereft of cover and their movement was clearly discernable to the patiently waiting pakis.

Bugger the ceasefire, this approach should have been made under covering fire, if at all.

How many times have we been taken in by such "cease fire" ploys and why do we always believe that the pakis will be scrupulous in implementing the ceasefire?? and pay the ultimate price??

The fact that the pakis trapped the BSF officers on open ground means that the pakis knew in advance that the BSF guys would be coming.

We need to think dirty and fight dirty just like the pakis do. This Sanatana dharma approach is just not working. The vital importance of communication hygiene and also radio silence just cannot be emphasized.

At the end of the day, who actually "broke" the cease fire is a matter of supreme indifference. In the larger scheme of things, it will simply boil down to a small matter of "he said, she said" and no one will really give a damn, all will be forgotten, no lessons learned except by the pakis who have again managed to refine their tactical approach and set up for the next time.
Two days ago four of our brave BSF men were martyred on the LOC. An Asst Commandant, an Inspector, a sub inspector and a sepoy. All news pertaining to their martyrdom has been hushed up. They were rebuilding and repairing bunkers across “the fence”, but within the Indian Territory, when they were attacked. These brave soldiers are being blamed by our very own ultra nationalistic government for violating the spirit of the so called “ceasefire”, and the paid media has been ordered to shut up. BUT why are the BHARAT-RAKSHAKs silent on this? Were these braveharts building these structures for their own leisurely strolls or in defence of the nation? Media is full of eulogies today for a boarder-line anti national reporter and a soldier of Kashmiri decent, but no mention of these braveharts. Three of them officers by the way. RAKSHAKS, you have more clout than you realise. Speak UP!!!!
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

^Why sir are you reading #mediapimps and coming and dumping your angst here?

If you really are angry and brave., please go ahead and support people like @aranganathan72 and others very much active and bringing the truth out.

The cease-fire was a political gamble. There are times when one has to take political gambles to claim moral victory. And it shows, the Bakis & their cash-mere jihadi pigs are showing desperation and cowardice and targeting unarmed men in uniform. And it is already Fridin so the "piss initiative" can close.

Here is the deal, when the hammer falls., people should have a sigh of relief that the hammer fell and fell hard. Not a cry of criticisms. I would suggest that you please read the Krishna-Shishupala story.
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

Bart S wrote:Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh says:

'Killing of Rising Kashmir editor Shujaat Bukhari is act of cowardice. It is an attempt to silence the saner voices of Kashmir.

'He was a courageous and fearless journalist. Extremely shocked and pained. My thoughts and prayers are with his bereaved family.'

:roll:

Rajnath tweets in support of an anti India, pro terrorist journalist yet is silent on twitter about the abducted and murdered jawan Aurangzeb.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Jarita wrote:
Bart S wrote:

Hey we are fighting a multi front war here and this war have no doubt of it and you are fighting it with a conglomerate of international alliances jostling for space. Yet in our country people keep criticizing government instead of uniting and boosting morale.
I am a bit sick of this Kadi Ninda tripe people put out everywhere.
Imagine how the UN has latched on to imagined atrocities. Now imagine if the government listened to the Ramboesque suggestions put out by social media warriors.
This is a time to be united with the government. Unless the world order changes, you cannot expect more outward aggression from any government in power.
Never seen a people like this.
Spare me the holier than thou crap. Everybody here supports the GOI, that does not mean that it's not within our right to make our opinions known or call out mistakes or stupidity. What makes it galling is that none of these things such as the unilateral ceasefire or the border ceasefire (promptly rewarded by the cold blooded killing by snipers/BAT of jawans who were simply repairing their posts and fencing) is new or deserves to be given the benefit of doubt. As the quote attributed to Einstein goes, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.

As for the UN human rights panel (led by someone from Saudi Arabia which makes it ridiculous enough to start with), I would rather listen to the father of the slain soldier instead, his heart rending statement is infinitely more valuable and credible:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 611050.cms
In a video that has gone viral, the grief-stricken father is heard squarely blaming Pakistan for the death of his son. An ex-serviceman himself, Aurangzeb's father Hanif demanded that the terrorists responsible for the reprehensible act be killed to avenge his son's murder.
"It is my request to you. In the coming 32 hours, I want you to avenge my son's death. Kill those plundering Kashmir. They took my son, they took Kashmir's son. I don't know you defend us or state defends us, but we Kashmiris suffer," Aurangzeb's father told a jawan. "Kashmir is ours. We must not let Kashmir burn. We must weed out the goons who are destroying Kashmir."
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

I see the death of Lankesh and Bukhari in the same light. But I may be wrong.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

^^^^ Too terse. Would you care to expand?
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

^ Inside job by commies/Jihadis and put the blame on GOI
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

more deadly news- soldier identified as Bikas Gurung, 21, a resident of village Khunka Khuki, Manipur succumbs whilst patrolling 700 meters inside our side in Nowshera, Rajouri. This ceasefire is helping the terrorist pakis to murder our soldiers and civilians

http://www.dailyexcelsior.com/fresh-ten ... -martyred/
after a lull of nearly 20 days, fresh tension erupted along the Line of Control (LoC) today when Pakistan army violated ceasefire and targeted the Indian troops patrolling 700 meters inside the LoC by firing mortars and bullets in Nowshera sector of Rajouri district in which a soldier was martyred.
Official sources told the Excelsior that Pakistan army fired mortars and bullets on the Indian troops, who were patrolling the LoC about 700 meters inside the Indian territory, in Pukharni area of Nowshera sector in Rajouri district this morning. The Indian side retaliated. However, an Indian Army soldier was injured after being hit with splinters of mortars and later attained martyrdom while being evacuated to hospital.
The Indian side was reported to have retaliated to ensure that there was no further loss on the LoC.
The martyr jawan has been identified as Bikas Gurung, 21, a resident of village Khunka Khuki, Manipur and is survived by his mother Beana May Gurung. His body is being sent to his native town with full military honours.
Meanwhile, the people living along the LoC in twin border districts of Rajouri and Poonch, who had heaved a sigh of relief after DGMOs’ agreement, again turned panicky today following fresh ceasefire violation by Pakistan as they feared that the hostile neighbour could target the civilian population in utter frustration.
Late in the evening, Pakistan army also violated ceasefire in Krishna Ghati sector by resorting to firing on the civilian areas. The Indian side retaliated. However, there was no report of any loss or damage on the Indian side.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

CRamS,

They may have come to be viewed by the paymasters of their killers as agents of the state.

It is not surprising that the killer charged in the Lankesh case are identified as "Shri Ram Sene" follower Parshuram Waghmore... as the Wikpedia page on them says:

"The organisation was exposed in a report, which showed its "rent a riot" tactics where it took money to organise attacks on innocent persons and institutions; this was done by the Tehelka magazine and in 2011, it won the International Press Institute (IPI)-India award for excellence in journalism for this report".

Considering the outstanding and up-"lifting" credentials of Tehelka, who can argue with this? Who knows yet as to who paid Waghmore, and what the intention was. Most importantly, cui bono? The idea that the BJP or RSS was involved is preposterous, because then they'd have to take out 80-90% of journalists in the country. They aren't that stupid. There is far greater satisfaction in watching these same influence and propaganda-peddlers stew in their own hypocrisy and breathe in the stench of their own delusions as their world comes apart bit by bit around them like a fragmenting jigsaw. What is the point of killing one, when they can exile themelves to the various "Posts" and "Times"? The BJP did not come to power by succumbing to such base methods, and it is subtle enough to recognise that it will not keep power on that basis. The RSS is even further removed from such an approach, despite the steady violence against it by the state and other political parties over much of the 20th century and all of the 21st so far.

Most likely, both Lankesh and Bukhari were taken out for reasons other than what these same journalists are vomiting out now. And they know it too, rest assured. But these are a venal, supercilious bunch, entrenched in their own cynicisms and living from the still-unexpired licenses handed out by the equally immoral and anti-civilizational Congress dispensation. But the disintegration has begun, though it is slow and labourious. It is bound to be, if a system built up layer upon layer has to be peeled apart, cleansed, fumigated, sterilised and re-constituted - all the while maintaining the frame of the constitution, and the fundamentals of the civilization. Not an easy task. But Modi is the man to do it, and there are enough capable of continuing with it within the eco-system that is - even as we speak - steadily blending itself into the warp and weft of the Dharmic civilization that has survived the worst depredations that mankind can throw at it, and is now beginning to thrive.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Ceasefire has ended in J&K.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

wig wrote:more deadly news- soldier identified as Bikas Gurung, 21, a resident of village Khunka Khuki, Manipur succumbs whilst patrolling 700 meters inside our side in Nowshera, Rajouri. This ceasefire is helping the terrorist pakis to murder our soldiers and civilians
It seems that pakis are now using sharp shooters / snipers trained in long distance killing with high powered, sophisticated scoped rifles. This has to be an over 1000-meter shot. Their targets are patrols well within the Indian side. This is a tactical shift and has been going on for a while. How does India respond to this? Like for like?

By the way, the longest confirmed sniper kill was at a distance of 3,540 m.
krishna_krishna
BRFite

Post by krishna_krishna »

^^^ They got new lot of sniper rifles from bartania, and training thanks to massa sniper school. That said, it had more to do with Ramzan ceasefire shit and taking out sitting duck BSF jawans with hands tied than anything else. We have equal no. of sniper kills if not more, an eye for an eye with whatever we have at battalion level in IA. They never publish there honorable soldiers death , what can you expect. What worries me is that we should have our sniper kills published too and that to like vasilev zaitsev style in this day and age with full hd recording. Let H&D rot in hell and see how they got their houris.

Pig hunting season will begin, with snow pass melting remember last summer was biggest hog hunting season ever this season will be even bigger. Porkis will get a big fight, lets see which uncle comes first screaming to save manna. We already saw with UNHRC report, church maligning modi government, yindu terror fiasco let them crawl out. Pigs will be crushed.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

krishna_krishna wrote:^^^ They got new lot of sniper rifles from bartania, and training thanks to massa sniper school. That said, it had more to do with Ramzan ceasefire shit and taking out sitting duck BSF jawans with hands tied than anything else. We have equal no. of sniper kills if not more, an eye for an eye with whatever we have at battalion level in IA. They never publish there honorable soldiers death , what can you expect. What worries me is that we should have our sniper kills published too and that to like vasilev zaitsev style in this day and age with full hd recording. Let H&D rot in hell and see how they got their houris.

Pig hunting season will begin, with snow pass melting remember last summer was biggest hog hunting season ever this season will be even bigger. Porkis will get a big fight, lets see which uncle comes first screaming to save manna. We already saw with UNHRC report, church maligning modi government, yindu terror fiasco let them crawl out. Pigs will be crushed.
Whatever. we lose a few guys here and there oh well. it doesn't really make a difference to anything. all that matters is demographics and so far it doesn't look good. Ladakh will become majority muslim along with Jammu in our lifetime. Islam at the same time is going through a nasty implosion. We are in a strange spot in which muslim population in india will grow as islams grip on global population decreases.

Pakistan is trying to consolidate its hold over its own territory. They recently formally integrated FATA-FP within the union. I wouldn't be surprised if they passed some new resolution within national assembly to work toward the merger of 'IOK' with a lot of fanfare before Indian national elections. Simply ensure that madrassas in india keep spewing venom and get muslim women to pump out 3-4 kids and Pakistan can walk right into Kashmir in 70-80 years without firing a shot.

I don't think it will quite pan out that way but judging by their behavior it doesn't look like they are doing a whole lot of terrorism in india anymore. i think they are just trying to mobilize the indian electorate against the union including kashmiri muslims. it has been successful to a degree.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

The question of Gilgit-Baltistan. I am surprised to see this oped in a paki newspaper. Posting in full.

The Gilgit-Baltistan question — a historical analysis
by Mudabbir Akhund

The recent crisis in Gilgit-Baltistan, which has intensified further, after the attempted forceful imposition of the Governance Order of Gilgit-Baltistan 2018, have born another movement led by opposition benches of the legislative assembly, along with Awami Action Committee (AAC).

This movement categorically rejected the GB Order 2018 and on some levels turned into a mass movement but failed to present a clear stance on the political and national question of GB.

One reason for the lack of anchoring in almost all political movements coming out of GB is evidently the confused approaches towards the national and political question of GB. And no movement in future can reach to its logical conclusion unless this confusion is addressed.

The confusion can be traced through the region’s history. Gilgit-Baltistan historically remained a part of the state of Jammu and Kashmir, ruled by Hari Singh (Dogra Raj), as its third province until 1947. It got its independence from Dogra Raj through a coup on November 1, 1948. After getting rid of the Dogras, Gilgit-Baltistan survived as an independent state under the command of Major Brown for merely 16 days.

Meanwhile, Major Brown met with Quaid-e-Azam and Liaqat Ali Khan, through the then British Governor of the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) – currently the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, or KP for short – persuading them to make Gilgit-Baltistan a part of Pakistan on which they were initially reluctant.

As in the same year, the fight between India and Pakistan over the Kashmir issue started and the dispute was presented in the security council of United Nations, where Pakistan claimed Gilgit-Baltistan to be a part of Kashmir dispute. Since in case of accepting it as a part of Pakistan would have surely damaged the stance of Pakistan over Kashmir. A commission was established to look over the dispute, called United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan (UNCIP), which gave its decision on the dispute in the form of UNCIP resolutions of April 21, 1948 and August 23, 1949.

Until 1949, the region of Gilgit-Baltistan was controlled through political agents without having any legal or constitutional ground. To gain legitimacy, Pakistan bypassed the UNCIP resolutions and signed an agreement with the leadership of Azad Kashmir (instead of Gilgit-Baltistan) in which the signatories gave consent to Pakistan to take administrative control of Gilgit-Baltistan. This infamous agreement is known as the Karachi agreement signed on April 28, 1949 and made public only in 1990. Since then, Gilgit-Baltistan has been governed through different packages and orders of which the recent GB order 2018 is the continuity.

To put it in other words, it can be said that, at the same time today, Gilgit-Baltistan is a part of Kashmir dispute but historically (after Independence from Dogra Raj) it is not. It is because of the Karachi Agreement a part of Pakistan, but constitutionally it is not, and has no representation in the National Assembly of Pakistan, whereas in the Indian parliament it has reserved seats.

People of Gilgit-Baltistan are forced to live in this contradictory reality, which has not only confused the people of the region, but also given them a severe identity crisis.

The mighty mountains, and the scenic land of GB, are projected as a ‘beautiful Pakistan’ but when the natives of the land ask for their fundamental rights, the state authorities hush them by reminding them that GB is still a disputed region

It is a historical fact that political sufferings of GB are embedded in British imperialist policies, which they adopted in Gilgit-Baltistan considering its strategically important location, as it used to be the ‘northern gateway’ to India.

At the backdrop of Great Game, the British Empire’s chief interest in the region was to protect the northern border of its empire (British India) from Soviet expansionism. Thus, British colonialists rendered special military assistance to the Dogra Raj to annex the region of Gilgit-Baltistan and successfully established their indirect rule in the region through Dogras.

In the year 1935, they directly took the region under their control by taking it on lease from the Maharaja Hari Singh for 60 years, during this period they safeguarded the empire from Soviet influence through the local recruits of Gilgit Scouts.

It was not later than June 3, 1947, when the partition plan for Indian subcontinent was announced, that the British Empire prematurely terminated the lease agreement, restoring Maharaja Hari Singh’s control over the region with the aim of staging a military coup- which has been extensively explained by Major Brown in his book The Gilgit Rebellion.

Major Brown and Captain Matheson were transferred to Gilgit Scouts from British Army and Major Brown assumed the charge as commandant of Gilgit Scouts. Both these officers were tasked with a special mission of leading a military coup, which they initiated by fanning Muslim sentiments against Hinduism.

In fact, the premature termination of the lease agreement is testimony that the British for their own sake orchestrated the event on November 1, since coup would not have taken place against their own rule. Contrarily, this event has been portrayed, taught and now internalised as a purely indigenous struggle.

The ‘engineered coup’ took its final stage after Ghansara Singh (Governor of Gilgit- Baltistan) was arrested, consequently all reins of power went in the hands of Major Brown and his companions. Regardless of the conspiracy, the denizens of Gilgit-Baltistan fought bravely against the Dogra Raj and compelled them to run away.

Since Major Brown was steering the newly emerged independent state, to be given to Pakistan, at local level it was dubbed as ‘unconditional accession’ to Pakistan. This claim is also proven by the fact that there are no legal or constitutional evidences available to testify the unconditional accession of Gilgit-Baltistan with Pakistan.

Even if we accept the argument of unconditional accession with Pakistan on face of the idea of Muslim brotherhood and the emergence of a Muslim state in the shape of Pakistan motivated the people of Gilgit-Baltistan to accede with Pakistan, the unconditional part is still not convincible. The sacrifices made by veteran soldiers like Colonel Mirza Hassan, Baber Khan and others were not meant to go in vain, rather those great sacrifices were made for a better life of the people in Gilgit-Baltistan.

Moreover, even if we accept that the people of GB have unconditionally acceded to Pakistan we are forced to say that Pakistan has yet not accepted them or else GB would have been mentioned in the constitution of Pakistan just like the rest of the four provinces.

It is high time for the people of GB, especially the indigenous political parties, organisations and movements, to critically re-evaluate the historical events of the past, analyse the current political dynamics, and come up with a more clear position on the political and national question of the region.

The writer is an alumnus of Government College University and a member of the Progressive Students Collective

https://dailytimes.com.pk/254133/the-gi ... -analysis/
krishna_krishna
BRFite

Post by krishna_krishna »

RoyG wrote:
krishna_krishna wrote:^
Whatever. we lose a few guys here and there oh well. it doesn't really make a difference to anything. all that matters is demographics and so far it doesn't look good. Ladakh will become majority muslim along with Jammu in our lifetime. Islam at the same time is going through a nasty implosion. We are in a strange spot in which muslim population in india will grow as islams grip on global population decreases.
1) This kind of offensive language against Indian martyrs and veterans is not tolerable. We respect our soldiers (at least here on BRF) in highest regards as it would have been done in any other country. This is Bharat rakshak not your local "make dumbrika great again" weed smoking piss joint.

2) Check your numbers before you post. Pew foundation(one of your respected NGO's) projected in your country to grow muslim population by 8.1 million (or nearly twice the current number) by 2050 and please do not forget about "Eurabia"

These things are OT for this thread
Last edited by krishna_krishna on 18 Jun 2018 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

krishna_krishna wrote:
RoyG wrote:
1) This kind of offensive language against Indian martyrs and veterans is not tolerable. We respect our soldiers (at least here on BRF) in highest regards as it would have been done in any other country. This is Bharat rakshak not your local "make dumbrika great again" weed smoking piss joint.

2) Check your numbers before you post. Pew foundation(one of your respected NGO's) projected in your country to grow muslim population by 8.1 billion (or nearly twice the current number) by 2050 and please do not forget about "Eurabia"

Stop whining. They died doing what they loved. So what? At the end of the day, if you want to minimize your losses having a population that supports you will help. There is already a demographic change happening in Ladakh and Jammu. Rohingyas being brought in doesn't help either. If you want to close your eyes to this, that's your problem. Pakistan is the least of our worries. Those buggers don't stand a chance. The game changes when you have to fight what you incubate deep within you.

8.1 billion? :eek:
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

RoyG wrote: Whatever. we lose a few guys here and there oh well. it doesn't really make a difference to anything.
RoyG wrote:
krishna_krishna wrote:

2) Check your numbers before you post. Pew foundation(one of your respected NGO's) projected in your country to grow muslim population by 8.1 billion (or nearly twice the current number) by 2050 and please do not forget about "Eurabia"

Stop whining. They died doing what they loved. So what?
No. This kind of callous and insensitive language about the deaths of Indian Armed Forces service members will not be tolerated. Poster warned.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

nachiket wrote:
RoyG wrote: Whatever. we lose a few guys here and there oh well. it doesn't really make a difference to anything.
RoyG wrote:
Stop whining. They died doing what they loved. So what?
No. This kind of callous and insensitive language about the deaths of Indian Armed Forces service members will not be tolerated. Poster warned.
Yes. It happens. The troops are fighting a 1.5 front war. You hope that none of them are killed but of course it's an unrealistic expectation. It's a sad thing but you cant lose focus on the objective which right now is unattainable given that the state actively incubates the hardcore elements subsidized by the tax payer. I can guarantee in another few decades, troops will be in Kerala as well. The soliders have signed up to do a very difficult job and do it b/c they love it. You have to in order to remain in that cesspool.

Now the fact is, interspersed with the troops are citizens with a jihadi psychology who shoot and stone them while calling them 'kafir'. That's the only reason why indian troops are sent to that shithole. Pakistan is merely a sideshow! You can sugarcoat it all you want and make naively emphatic claims like 'pigs will be crushed' but we all know that Krishna babu is bullshitting everyone. Now instead of simply sending troops to the meat grinder all I'm saying is its time for a political solution which may help confine the muslim demographic somewhat and get them to stop being lazy asses. The less muslim majority districts, the less troop deaths. Trifuricate the state and scrap 370 and allow some big investment and reform education. Easier said than done! Dineshwar Sharma perhaps is working this angle. We'll have to wait and see.

Oh, and I didn't realize you were moderator. Congratulations. Wear it proudly! You deserve it...
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »