26/11/2008: Never Forget. Never Forgive

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
viveks
BRFite

Re: 26/11/2008: Never Forget. Never Forgive

Post by viveks »

I probably think I have seen enough....but I think my injection of thoughts..causes something benign in approach...probably something beyond my control...saheb log should take lead and I feel compelled to think that I have thought enough about what I have done enough. It is probably the best approach to overseeing a power struggle whose consequences compelled even the super powers who inherently believed it was not right. It is only in their greatness to look closely at us. But it was done for compelling reasons that probably was not forseen by us and will continue to will be. And I probably think it is in their interest too...and I will abide with their outlook...given the the ich that has been so fortune to them to have forseen it. Built by they their ancestors, they have seen us, been one of us, they are in some probable ways..be....one of us...no matter what color or foreign we believe them to be.
Last edited by viveks on 15 Dec 2017 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
viveks
BRFite

Post by viveks »

This is enough of my thoughts...I do nee some air.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

viveks wrote:Please enlighten us with his origins.
If you are referring to me, then i did do so... in my post :)
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

On the well-worn topic of “why don’t we strike back?” ... I think we (Indians) are being too hard on ourselves. Put aside the angst and just admit the truth: We lacked the decisive military superiority to strike Pakistan without paying an unacceptable price in men and material. We simply don’t possess that level of superiority in combat power. We didn’t in 2002 or 2008, and we still don’t now.

We can debate as to why we could never manage to achieve an overwhelming military edge over a country with 1/5th our population. But that’s another discussion entirely.

So I say, why flagellate ourselves over our failure to exact revenge when that was never really an option anyway? Forget the nukes; we can’t even beat them conventionally without a long, painful war. Indeed, victory would not even be a foregone conclusion at all; it’s not even certain we could have invaded without getting fought to a standstill.

So let’s stop beating ourselves up over this; not striking Pakistan was the right decision. Would you have preferred we attack, suffer terrible losses and fail to win decisively. That’s far wose than doing nothing at all. The humiliation and morale blow would be bad enough, but we’d hurt our economy as well. And for what?
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Indian foreign Policy thread.
sunnyP wrote:And we still vote for these terrorist lovers at the UN.
Palestine Envoy Shares Stage With Hafiz Saeed In Pak, India Says Will Take Up Strongly

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/palesti ... -topscroll
And so the Palestinians demonstrate why their being tarred with the appellation of being the original modern day Mohammadden Terrorists was not undeserved by the action of the Palestinian “Ambassador” to the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Waleed Abu Ali, attending a rally organized by the Difah-e-Pakistan Council, an umbrella group of 40 Mohammadden belief based extremist groups in Pakistan, headed by the United Nations Designated Terrorist and one of the Masterminds of 26/11 Mumbai attack, Hafiz Mohammad Saeed.

So much for Palestinian gratitude for India’s support last week at the United Nations General Assembly for the resolution opposing the US move of shifting of their Embassy to Jerusalem.

Another article, this time from Indrani Bagchi at Times of India, on the topic:

Palestine's Pakistan envoy shares dais with Hafiz Saeed, India issues demarche
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Indo-Israel: News and Discussion thread.

Our Rajya Sabha MP belonging to the BJP, Subramanian Swamy, delivers an I told you so tweet regards India’s UNGA vote on Jerusalem following news that Palestine “Ambassador” to the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic of Pakistan, Waleed Abi Ali, shared dais with UN designated terrorist and Mumbai 26/11 Mohammadden terrorist mastermind, Hafeez Mohammad Saeed:
Subramanian Swamy‏Verified account
@Swamy39
A few days after India voted for Palestine's UNGA Resolution on Jerusalem, Palestine's Envoy to Pakistan shared today the stage with terrorist Hafeez Sayeed in a Rawalpindi public rally condemning India.

6:38 AM - 29 Dec 2017

Earlier he had tweeted this:
Subramanian Swamy‏Verified account
@Swamy39

It is against India's national interest to vote for the pro-Palestine Resolution in the UNGA. Palestine has never supported India on Kashmir question and Islamic terror attacks. Israel has stood with India always.

8:16 AM - 21 Dec 2017
…………… And said this in a TV interview:

'India's made a huge mistake in voting against US on Jerusalem,' says BJP's Subramanian Swamy
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Pakistani Role In Global Terrorism thread.

Un-uniformed Jihadis of the Judicial branch of the Punjabi Uniformed Jihadi dominated Deep State of the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan goes all out to slow down action against UN designated Mohammadden Terrorist/Terrorist outfit

March 8:

Pakistani Court Rules in Favor of Political Party Tied to Global Terror Suspect

March 7:

LHC extends stay against likely arrest of Hafiz Saeed
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

The Un-uniformed Jihadis of the Judicial branch of the Punjabi Uniformed Jihadi Dominated Deep State of the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic Of Pakistan continue to go all out to slow down action against United Nations (UN) designated Mohammadden Terrorist/Terrorist outfit namely Lashkar-e-Toiba aka jamaat ud dawa, Falah-e-Insaniat Foundation, Milli Muslim League, whatever and Hafiz Muhammad Saeed.

LHC bars govt from 'harassing' Hafiz Saeed over welfare activities:
The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Thursday ordered government authorities to allow banned Jamaatud Dawa's (JuD) Chief Hafiz Saeed to continue his "social welfare activities" and not "harass" him until further orders.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the India-US relations: News and Discussions IV thread to the Indian Foreign Policy, Iran News & Discussions, 26/11/2008: Never Forget. Never Forgive, CPEC and Terroristan threads.

Interview of U.S. Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for South and Central Asia, Alice Wells, by politician Subramanian Swamy’s daughter Suhasini Haidar for the Hindu.

US, far from being reluctantly acquiescent about Indian investment in the development of Chabahar Port in their archenemy Iran is actually “deeply appreciative of the Indian efforts to use Chabahar to provide alternatives to Afghanistan to open up a channel to Central Asia”:
Tell us about your meetings in Delhi, both bilateral and trilateral with Japan.

The momentum to this relationship is anchored by the two policies that govern our approach to the region: the U.S. South Asia policy and the Indo-Pacific policy. In the South Asia policy, the U.S. is working very aggressively to stabilise the situation and work towards a peaceful resolution that involves unprecedented engagement with Pakistan, and one in which India is playing an essential role as a net provider of assistance which is very different from a few years ago. On the Indo-Pacific side, that’s where the ambitions of the relationship lie. Our shared security interests are to see that the region doesn’t fall prey to some of the predatory practices being seen in the South China Sea, and how to offer alternatives.

On Afghanistan… the fact that this region has no regional trade is noteworthy and until we resolve that core conflict and open up the east and west, the potential for South Asia is not going to be achieved. We are deeply appreciative of the Indian efforts to use Chabahar to provide alternatives to Afghanistan to open up a channel to Central Asia. And we need to be creative in the absence of peace to ensure that Afghanistan can stabilise and grow.

Are you saying that the Chabahar route, with the port owned by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard (IRGC-owned Khatam Al-Anbia) meets with the U.S.’s approval?

The standard set for Chabahar is that the deals should not benefit IRGC members, that’s for sanctions not to be imposed, and for business deals to go through. The legislation originally passed (JCPOA) has a specific carve-out for Chabahar and that’s an acknowledgment of the necessary role of giving land-locked Afghanistan access and alternatives as it seeks to build its economy. We have seen with the shipments of wheat that India has really helped to open up trade with Afghanistan including air corridors. Its been striking that Afghanistan-Pakistan trade has declined 50% in the last year. India has provided options, and Afghanistan now needs the support of India and Central Asia.
Suhasini Haidar reminds the Alice Wells that US citizens were also killed in the 26/11 Mumbai Mohammadden Terrorism attack sponsored by State Actors of the Punjabi Uniformed Jihadis of the Military Dominated Deep State of the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan, that 10 years have passed since 26/11 and that US President Donald Trump’s New Year Tweet and new US South Asia Strategy on Afghanistan has signified more sound then fury. The RaRa US brigade that infests BRF from time to time may particularly note:
You were in Pakistan last week for several days. Are there any indications yet that Pakistan is taking action on terror?

As General (Joseph) Votel has testified, we see initial constructive steps and we want to build on that. Our conversation with Pakistan is about the unique influence it has and the unique levers it has in helping to shape Taliban expectations and to convince the Taliban to walk through what we all recognise is an open door. Those conversations are ongoing. We are not walking away from Pakistan, but we do not believe that yet we have seen the kind of sustainable and irreversible steps that are required to really change the situation on the ground.
Yet here in New Delhi, it looks as if since that tweet from President Trump on New Years day, India’s hopes from the U.S.’s new policy have not been realised. Terrorists targeting India like Hafiz Saeed and Masood Azhar still roam openly, issue statements, with no specific action taken against them except what is mandated by the U.N. Do you still think there is reason to hope that will change?

I was heartened by the press comments by General Bajwa where he said things like the ‘state must have the monopoly on violence’, and there is ‘no role for non-state actors’, and that ‘Pakistan cant be a normal states if there are extremist groups’. Those are extremely positive statements and now I think the challenge is to see them implemented. We are certainly in a very good faith conversation with Pakistan. We want the policy to succeed and for Pakistan to be both law enforced and economically secure country. We understand Pakistan is also a victim of terror and more than 400 civilians were killed by the TTP or other groups like AQ and ISIS operating in Pakistan. I always say that terrorists who attack Pakistan are also enemies of the United States. We have an agenda, we believe we have shared interests and Pakistan has a stake in a stable Afghanistan. So how do we make that calculus work?

But you’re basing all this on General Bajwa’s statement… this year marks 10 years since the Mumbai attacks, and there have been ten years of such statements. So what gives you hope that this time is any different from the past?

I think the South Asia strategy and the stance of the U.S. administration gives me hope. This is a strategy that has been implemented with greater force. It notes that this is a different world, and it is no longer acceptable or understandable to rely on proxy forces. And we are prepared, as we demonstrated with the suspension of assistance, to act on our concern when we don’t see sufficient action taken. The Trump administration has gone into territory not been entered before by the U.S. and that sends a very powerful message. We have a leadership role to play to close the chapter on proxy forces in South Asia. There is an urgency to this because of ISIS. We see ISIS in Afghanistan consists largely of Afghans and Pakistanis who have switched over from other terrorist organisations, but imagine if an insurgency became a nihillistic campaign that recognised no borders. We can’t afford the conflict and the ideological stew there to metastasise.

Yet eight months into the U.S. South Asia strategy, four months after CSF and FMF funding cuts, FATF action, IMF squeeze, the designation of Hafiz Saeed’s party MML as a Foreign Terrorist Organisation, there’s seems no impact on Pakistan actions. What are the markers that Pakistan should take, for the U.S., and possibly India to acknowledge they have taken some action?

We fully share your concern over Hafiz Saeed. He is a terrorist, with money on his head, he should be in prison, not on the streets, and we have concerns about his ability to operate freely..... [pause] This is a process, and while I know that’s not a satisfactory answer for a country that has suffered significant acts of terrorism emanating from Pakistan.

The U.S. has suffered as well, Americans died in the Mumbai attacks….

Absolutely…but this is a process. And it is a serious process, and even our Indian friends recognise the seriousness of purpose of the United States in adopting and implementing its strategy. So I would say, bear with us, this isn’t the end of our diplomatic game. We are continuously engaging in Pakistan because we do see the need for change.

Is there a timeline? Or a point at which the U.S.’s patience runs out?

We are evaluating as we go, in consultations with our allies and friends. But this is a process.

What are the markers of what you would like to see Pakistan do in the next few months?

I think Pakistan knows what it can do to change the calculus and to disrupt and make it harder for Taliban or family members [other groups] to take advantage of Pakistan’s territory. That isn’t a mystery. There will soon be a new civilian leadership in Pakistan, and we will see how the new government will take steps to demonstrate to the international community that Pakistan is serious about curbing terror financing and money laundering.

Again, there we have seen some positive steps: whether it is on the (LeT-owned) charities, whether it is the executive order designating U.N. terrorists under the Anti-terrorism Act, this is what we are going to be looking for. I believe that the international consensus was that the greylist was necessary as these were not irreversible actions, but I have to say, in my consultations in Islamabad, including among the business community, there is a lot of support for moving forward on terror. This is in Pakistan’s interest, as a big country that needs foreign investment, the way to attract it is to have a stellar reputation and stellar record. So many people I met welcomed the double-edged sword of FATF.
From The Hindu:

Yet to see irreversible steps for change on the ground in Pakistan, says U.S. envoy Alice Wells
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Terror in Mumbai

Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

I don't like the fact that, in the close captioning, they replaced the word "Allah" with "God". The call records are filled with the word "Allah"
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

This is Fareed Zakarias documentary and he tries to give his own spin on Jihad and Islam hence the word Allah is replaced by softer word God for his western audience
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Nawaz Sharif Admits Pak Terrorists Carried Out 26/11 Mumbai Attacks
Ousted Pak PM says Pak terrorists "crossed the border" to attack Mumbai
Suggests such attacks could have been prevented in interview to Dawn
Pak has dithered in prosecuting those responsible for the attacks
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Story Of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan

Muns
BRFite

Post by Muns »

Hi guys,

We tried to make a video on the life of a Chai Walla and what better place to do it at CST. Turns out that he was a witness and a active participant in helping people that fateful night when so many got murdered. The Chai Walla (Md Taufiq Shaikh) gives us some interesting details of that night when he faced Kasab and live to tell the tale. Some interesting details life of a Chai Walla as well. I tried to ask some questions as well about Modiji, starting off from humble beginnings as a chai Walla before finally rising to become Prime Minister of India and an inspiration to tens of millions.

In any case please let us know what you think, and where we can improve again on some of these videos. Post feedback here or send me a email at the website below. More feedback results in more improvement. I'm hoping to take up some of the difficult topics soon that nobody really seems to want to touch.

Never Forget,Never Forgive.

26/11 A Chaiwalla Survivor remembers chaos at CST

Remember Chhotu ChaiWalla at CST? Here is When He Recalls the Terrifying Day of Mumbai 26/11

https://www.india-aware.com/national/re ... bai-26-11/

http://www.india-aware.com

http://www.youtube.com/c/indiaaware
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Muns good effort and nice video will share it on twitter , friends and collegues .

Hope the story of Md Taufiq Shaikh via your video goes to PMO and he gets rewarded not by money but by some government job. His effort saved many lives at CST.

Only suggestion is to change the subtitles colour to something like white and make the font smaller.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Terroristan thread.
anupmisra wrote:'Pakistan is both the victim and sponsor of terrorism,' says Pentagon spokesperson
Pentagon Chief Spokesperson Dana W. White, while briefing the media on Thursday, said that Pakistan being both a "victim as well as a sponsor of terrorism" can do more about regional security.
"So we look to Pakistan to create more opportunities to secure the region."
:shock:
When asked about the recent remarks by former prime minister Nawaz Sharif about non-state actors' alleged involvement in Mumbai attacks, the Pentagon spokesperson said: "Again, this is an inflection point for Pakistan. Pakistan has decisions to make, and we hope that they will be a partner in safeguarding the region."
https://www.dawn.com/news/1408489/pakis ... okesperson
Excerpt from US DoD Press Briefing dealing with the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s involvement in Terrorism following the disclosure by the Islamic Republic’s former PM Nawaz Sharif that his country was involved in the 26/11 Mumbai Terrorist attack:
Department of Defense Press Briefing by Pentagon Chief Spokesperson Dana W. White in the Pentagon Briefing Room
Press Operations

Pentagon Chief Spokesperson Dana W. White; Colonel Rob Manning, Director, Defense Press Office
May 17, 2018 ………………………

Q: Well, one thing (inaudible) for a long time, not only the people of Afghanistan but also the -- the president and other officials in Pakistan -- in Afghanistan, they have been saying that Pakistan is behind all those strikes.

Is the U.S. listening them all this?

MS. WHITE: We believe that Pakistan can certainly do more with respect to regional security. It can certainly do more with respect to security within Afghanistan, and we would look to them and hope that they would both help, because they are both victims of terrorism and they've also sponsored terrorism.

So we look to Pakistan to create more opportunities to secure the region.

Q: And second, then, as far as terrorism in India is concerned, it's not surprising that, now, the former prime minister of Pakistan, Mr. Nawaz Sharif, on television, he made a -- an remark that Pakistan was behind all those attacks against India, in India, and Mumbai attacks and it was confirmed earlier by former president, Mr. -- Pakistan's former president.

And he said that Pakistan was always supporting terrorism against India. Now, where do we stand now? Because high officials, president and the prime minister -- of course, former -- now, they are claiming that Pakistan is supporting terrorism against India.

MS. WHITE: Again, this is an inflection point for Pakistan. Pakistan has decisions to make, and we hope that they will be a partner in safeguarding the region.
See here:

Clicky
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Posted for good order to be below the previous post for ease of quick memory refresh.

Former PM Nawaz Sharif on the involvement of the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan in the 26/11 Mumbai attack in an interview with Dawn’s Cyril Almeida datelined May 12, 2018:
For Nawaz, it’s not over till it’s over

Cyril Almeida
Updated May 12, 2018 ………………………..

In a wide-ranging and exclusive interview with Dawn ahead of his rally in Multan on Friday, a relaxed but adamant Sharif ………………..

Asked what he believes is the reason for his ouster from public office, Mr Sharif did not reply directly but steered the conversation towards foreign policy and national security. “We have isolated ourselves. Despite giving sacrifices, our narrative is not being accepted. Afghanistan’s narrative is being accepted, but ours is not. We must look into it.”

He continued: “Militant organisations are active. Call them non-state actors, should we allow them to cross the border and kill 150 people in Mumbai? Explain it to me. Why can’t we complete the trial?” — a reference to the Mumbai attacks-related trials which have stalled in a Rawalpindi anti-terrorism court.

“It’s absolutely unacceptable. This is exactly what we are struggling for. President Putin has said it. President Xi has said it,” Mr Sharif said. “We could have already been at seven per cent growth (in GDP), but we are not.”
From Dawn:

Clicky
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Terroristan thread to the “26/11/2008: Never Forget. Never Forgive” and the “Pakistani Role in Global Terrorism” threads.

After the US DoD Press Briefing, excerpt from the US State Department Press Briefing again dealing with the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s involvement in Terrorism following the disclosure by the Islamic Republic’s former PM Nawaz Sharif that his country was involved in the 26/11 Mumbai Terrorist attack:
Heather Nauert
Spokesperson
Department Press Briefing
Washington, DC
May 17, 2018 ……………………………………..

QUESTION: And second, madam, one strange thing is going on on Pakistani television is that former prime minister of Pakistan, Mr. Nawaz Sharif, he told the Pakistani television and – that Pakistan was behind the Mumbai attacks in India. Now, this also asserted that last year, General Musharraf said that Pakistan is favoring terrorism against India.

MS NAUERT: Say the last part again.

QUESTION: General Musharraf also said last year that Pakistan is supporting terrorism against India as far as Kashmir is concerned, and we are making it public that we will be supporting terrorism against India.

MS NAUERT: So --

QUESTION: And now it’s the prime minister of Pakistan who just stepped down.

MS NAUERT: Look, the only thing I can – I have to share with you about that in terms of the Mumbai attacks, and we’ve been – we’ve addressed this on numerous occasions from this podium here, and those would be our concerns about the mastermind behind the 2008 Mumbai attacks. And he’s a Lashkar-e-Tayyiba guy who was being held in Pakistan, and he was eventually let out on house arrest, and we have a reward out for – I believe it’s for his arrest – not information leading to his arrest, but his arrest. I don’t recall off the top of my head the award amount, but that person out in the open is a tremendous concern to the United States. In terms of your other question, I’d just have to look into that for you. Okay.

QUESTION: Thank you, madam.
See here:

Department Press Briefing - May 17, 2018
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Expecting US to do any thing on Pakistan and on 26/11 is like expecting thief to steal its own house.

All 26/11 masterminds in Pakistan under house arrest will eventually be let free , unless we do something to them
Muns
BRFite

Post by Muns »

Austin wrote:Muns good effort and nice video will share it on twitter , friends and collegues .

Hope the story of Md Taufiq Shaikh via your video goes to PMO and he gets rewarded not by money but by some government job. His effort saved many lives at CST.

Only suggestion is to change the subtitles colour to something like white and make the font smaller.
Austin, thank you very much for the feedback. Will definitely take that into account over the next video. Appreciate sharing by you.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

26/11 plotter David Headley battling for life after attack in US prison

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/2 ... 2018-07-23
avid Headley, Pakistani-American convicted in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, is battling for his life after being attacked by two inmates at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Chicago.

Headley was reportedly attacked on July 8 by two other inmates as he had been a double agent working with Pakistan and Islamist terror elements.

The injuries he suffered were grievous in nature and he had to be rushed to North Evanston hospital.

He is reportedly admitted to the critical care unit and is under observation 24/7.

The men who attacked were reportedly admitted for assaulting policemen decades ago and are reportedly brothers.

In February 2016, Headley deposed via video conferencing before a Mumbai court in connection with the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.

David Coleman Headley, originally named Daood Sayed Gilani, was born in Washington, DC to Sayed Salim Gilani, a well-known Pakistani diplomat and broadcaster.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana wrote:
g.sarkar wrote:https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/2 ... 2018-07-23
26/11 plotter David Headley battling for life after attack in US prison
David Headley, Pakistani-American convicted in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, is battling for his life after being attacked by two inmates at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Chicago.
Headley was reportedly attacked on July 8 by two other inmates as he had been a double agent working with Pakistan and Islamist terror elements.
The injuries he suffered were grievous in nature and he had to be rushed to North Evanston hospital.
He is reportedly admitted to the critical care unit and is under observation 24/7.
Gautam
So this Badmash is also getting his jalebis.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Very convenient..
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Very strange. Evanston is many miles from Metro Correctional Center. Dozens of trauma centers much closer. And not a place where federal prisoners would be taken
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

Headley’s half-brother at Vajpayee’s funeral
https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 731930.ece
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

^^^ FWIW X Posting NDTV's take on the same story posted above.

Daniyal Gilani, the half brother of convicted Mohammadden Terrorist of Pakistani origin Daood Sayed Gilani aka David Coleman Headley who is serving a 35 year prison sentence in the US for involvement in Mumbai 26/11 Mohammadden Terrorist attack, is part of the delegation sent by the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan sent for the funeral of our former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee.

Daood Gilani aka David Headley's Half-Brother In Pak Team Sent For Vajpayee's Funeral
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

arun wrote:^^^ FWIW X Posting NDTV's take on the same story posted above.

Daniyal Gilani, the half brother of convicted Mohammadden Terrorist of Pakistani origin Daood Sayed Gilani aka David Coleman Headley who is serving a 35 year prison sentence in the US for involvement in Mumbai 26/11 Mohammadden Terrorist attack, is part of the delegation sent by the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan sent for the funeral of our former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee.

Daood Gilani aka David Headley's Half-Brother In Pak Team Sent For Vajpayee's Funeral
per reports, he was also there during Modi's swearing in and was part of ganja's team. ganja would surely have known about this even before he came to dilli.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Lt. Col. Purohit files case on illegal detention and false imprisonment. Judge Lalit recuses.

Don't understand why?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I was thinking about the July 2008 Kabul bombing of Indian Embassy.

It was a precursor to the later 26 November 2008 attack in Mumbai.

The Kabul Embassy bombing did not evoke a response from shell shocked GOI under MMS.

This encouraged Pak to launch a more provocative attack in Mumbai, which also did not evoke an Indian response.

Why was Pak desperate to get an armed response from India?
krishna_krishna
BRFite

Post by krishna_krishna »

ramana wrote:
Why was Pak desperate to get an armed response from India?
a. As part of bleed India campaign, there are stages. They believed that time is ripe as Indian state does not have will to strike hence to take it to next level.

This response was to India derive cold feet /direct action against our opening of consulates in Afghanistan, especially Jalalabad. Porkis hate /absolute must for them as not to have desh get any foot hold in in Afghanistan. For them a'stan is their A'chilies heel. "Maan is the reason for human suffering and Maan is the liberator", this is were India needs to concentrate to wrap porky circus forever.

Please recall there were many such attempts later than this one and hats off to ITBP jawans and intelligence team who never gave up and dug in. I still remember pics of IFS officers getting trained by security personnel. They just gave middle fingers to porkis.

b. I am sure you would understand, this whole game in Mumbai was to have saffron terror bogey and show yindus in bad light. It is not related to Kabul directly.

c. With complete breakdown in morale of the country a big wave would have been unleashed. With a real monkey caught game was up as far as Mumbai was concerned.

But overall I agree they had calculated / some assurances that mms would never strike back with he high on "Aman ka tamasha" coolaid. Hence strike more terror into weak yindoos , who they believe could never be match for porkis.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

There was another theory, that pakis were feeling the heat after american surge in afghanistan and wanted to complicate the US-Afghan-Pak calculus in a similar fashion to 2001 by bringing nuclear war bogey
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Om Shanti to the 166 victims

ORF has 10 years after 26/11.

https://www.orfonline.org/series/26-11-a-decade-after/
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

https://twitter.com/khatvaanga/status/1 ... 68901?s=19

Tribute to Tukaram Omble the hero of 26/11. The man who saved India.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

never forget never forgive
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Please read it in full and share.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... C1gcO.html

Dedicated to a brave 9 year old Devika Rotawan.
In the summer of 2009, Devika Natwarlal Rotawan couldn’t wait to get back to school.

The nine-year-old girl had spent the past few months recuperating from an injury after being shot in the leg by terrorist Ajmal Kasab during the siege of the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus on November 26, 2008. She then shot into nationwide fame after public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam sprang a surprise and got Rotawan to testify in court and identify Kasab, the only attacker captured alive; visuals of her walking in crutches into court were beamed into millions of homes, making her an overnight celebrity.

In school, however, there was no adulation. On her first day back, Rotawan found that she had no friends left, her classmates were either distant or frosty. “I was called Kasab ki beti (Kasab’s daughter). I used to run home crying because the girls used to tease me and did not want to play with me,” said Rotawan.

Rotawan had to eventually leave the school. But adjusting into a new institution was also not easy, she said, because many were scared to be associated with someone who identified a terrorist. One school denied her admission, saying her English was not fluent.

By then, her relatives and neighbours had also started distancing themselves, fearing possible reprisals by other terrorist groups. On top of that, the family received regular threat calls till the trial ended, added Rotawan’s father Natwarlal.“But that did not scare us a bit…I was depressed but that did not break me,” she added.

Today, Rotawan is a steely 19-year-old woman who shares a tiny 12 feet by 12 feet room in Bandra (east) with her father, who makes ends meet by doing odd jobs as a labourer, and the younger of her two brothers who is unemployed. A single bed, which takes up most of the space in the room, is next to a small old television and a few utensils.

As her mid-term exams for Class 11 approach, Rotawan appears quietly determined. Her aim is to become an Indian Police Service officer and she says she is happy to have seen Kasab hanged, but that more needs to be done.

“I knew he deserved to die but I think the government should take a stern step towards eliminating terrorism. I want to be the one to bring peace in the society. Kasab was just a small fish. I want to clean the entire ocean. “Instead of killing a terrorist, terrorism should be uprooted,” she said.

On November 26, 2008, Rotawan was on her way with her father and brother to see her elder brother, who worked in Pune. “We were waiting on the platform when I heard a sound like firecrackers bursting. People began running. My brother had gone to the bathroom when the gunmen came charging into the station. My father told me to run and when I started, I felt a shooting pain. I had been shot in the right leg. Blood began flowing and within seconds I collapsed,” Rotawan recalled.

Rotawan’s father, Natwarlal, had initially not agreed to let his daughter testify but later changed his mind. “For two months after the attack I was in JJ hospital, and was operated on several times. The police asked questions but my father did not want me to depose in court then. However, later on, he supported and motivated me,” she said.

“Ujjwal Nikam sir looked at me as I stood there knowing that I was face to face with the monster who wanted to kill me. When I was asked to tell the court who shot me, I raised my hand and pointed towards Kasab who stood there expressionless,” Rotawan added.

The testimony made her a household name but no help was forthcoming for either her or her family. “Everyone met me and praised me, but no one helped me. We are still struggling to survive,” she said. In the last decade, she has spoken to numerous television channels and is now fluent in a crisp narration of her story, but no one has come forward to even finance her studies. “We were promised a house but nothing has been done till date,” added Natwarlal.

The attacks left an impression on Rotawan’s younger brother Jayesh too. “Since my mother passed away, and after seeing my sister almost dying at CST, I have not been the same. I try to control my feelings by joking around and entertaining Devika,” said Jayesh.

But adversity has not broken Rotawan. She passes by CST on her regular commute and said she sometimes goes to the spot where she was shot. “I stand there and close my eyes and feel as if I have travelled back in time to relive the moment. I feel I am standing there still and the world is moving in a fast forward mode. It is scary but it reminds me of the promise I have made to myself,” she said.

And what is that promise? “I want to provide a good future to my father and brother and to my country. I want to be an IPS officer and fight terrorism and bring justice to all those who have suffered like me and my baba.
And aak thoo on the school and the society which shunned a brave 9 year old.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Y. Kanan wrote:On the well-worn topic of “why don’t we strike back?” ... I think we (Indians) are being too hard on ourselves. Put aside the angst and just admit the truth: We lacked the decisive military superiority to strike Pakistan without paying an unacceptable price in men and material. We simply don’t possess that level of superiority in combat power. We didn’t in 2002 or 2008, and we still don’t now.

We can debate as to why we could never manage to achieve an overwhelming military edge over a country with 1/5th our population. But that’s another discussion entirely.

So I say, why flagellate ourselves over our failure to exact revenge when that was never really an option anyway? Forget the nukes; we can’t even beat them conventionally without a long, painful war. Indeed, victory would not even be a foregone conclusion at all; it’s not even certain we could have invaded without getting fought to a standstill.

So let’s stop beating ourselves up over this; not striking Pakistan was the right decision. Would you have preferred we attack, suffer terrible losses and fail to win decisively. That’s far wose than doing nothing at all. The humiliation and morale blow would be bad enough, but we’d hurt our economy as well. And for what?
+1
We need 15 years of Govt committed to building the economy and nationalism before we can even think of exacting revenge, if fact by cancelling Denel, Anti Material rifles, Converting M-2000-5 order to MMRCA, running record fiscal deficits, not protesting for US advanced sale of F-16's to PAK, the Govt at that time wanted to remove all military options except for a forced defensive war as recommended by the MSA's and NAC gang.

If you spend 50% of time on foreign holidays and rest in well protected environment and where who your father is counts for a high post then you really don't care about the nation and a few pin priks.

Having said that we must go after the families of key ISI and UJC personal, if Hafiz Sayed son or children try going on Haj we must try and get to them or 10 terrorists relatives, the young Jihads should no their families will have to pay price in blood if they deceide to volunteer.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

If nothing happened in last 10 years, nothing's going to happen in the next 10 either - there will just be a fresh set of excuses.
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

Article on Mr. Arun Jadhav, the head Constable who survived the Qualis attack.

Link
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I think that Ujwal Nikam turned nikamma to use a young 9 year victim and not know the social ostracization she would undergo.

if you read mr Jadhav's statement he had identified Kasab already.
Ujwal Nikam did not need more testimony to have Kasab convicted.
Yet he bandwagon and piled on needlessly jeopardizing the young girl's life.

I never understood why he had to put piles of paper in his dossiers.
Another odd thing was the Mumbai Police force was so short of weapons that Mr. Jadhav had to lend his 9mm pistol to a colleague.
If he had that weapon he could have ended the two terrorists right there.

And another thing is late Tukaram Omble was an Asst Sub Inspector but all was armed with is a lathi.
What kind of a force cannot issue 9mm pistol to sub-inspector rank officers?