Kerala Floods - Aftermath and Save Sabarimala

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
arvin
BRFite

Re: Kerala Floods - Aftermath and Save Sabarimala

Post by arvin »

Regd the petition by 4 women, high court has this to say.
The state government, in its reply, said if the pilgrim was a devotee, all the necessary arrangements would be provided for a safe pilgrimage.

The court told the women that it had nothing to do in this regard as the government has assured safe pilgrimage.

https://www.ndtv.com/kerala-news/sabari ... rt-1939343
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

arvin wrote:Regd the petition by 4 women, high court has this to say.
The state government, in its reply, said if the pilgrim was a devotee, all the necessary arrangements would be provided for a safe pilgrimage.
The bolded part is a actually big question!! Who defines who is a "woman devotee"? Religious Hindus would say that a true Sabari Mala Ayyappa woman devotee would not enter the temple when in age bracket 10-50. A communist government will say that any woman can say that she is a Sabari Mala Ayyappa devotee and would take it at its face value. The court nor the government has given a guide line to identify a "woman devotee". The police have said that they would do some background checks of "woman devotees" who asks them for police protection.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

chetak wrote:
Dileep wrote:Sachin, can you cite precedence for this 'abeyance' thing?
The precedence was already posted on your other blog on 17 oct.
It's about a shia sunni fight over a graveyard.
My question is, is there a precedence for the COURT to put one of its judgement in abeyance. I am not talking about the GOVT not taking action. We all know that the GoKL could very well do that. They could have easily said "we ishtudy the bherdict onlee". But instead, they went all out like a jackrabbit waking up in spring.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

National BJP has no locus standi to oppose SC implementation. It has all the power to support local BJP to oppose the SC verdict.
Amit Shah as BJP party President is giving support to the state unit and also warning the State Govt not to use State powers for violence on devotees.

And that is what's going on.
Again over 125 BJP workers were murdered brutally by CPM and PFI murderers in the past. So its not like State BJP was sitting there with bangles.

I think Kerala Hindus need to remind themselves self help is the best help and as the Greek say God helps those who help themselves.

A short fable:

https://fablesofaesop.com/the-lark-and- ... -ones.html

Also how did the lawyers make Sabarimala pilgrimage a secular event by arguing its a mela of all pilgrims?

Dileep in the Varanasi Shia-Sunni judgment the SC has kept quiet and thus silence is half assent.

"Maunam arhdha angeekaram"
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

The govt should be working on what RCI calls Core 5. Safeguarding practices of the Hindu religion that can be voided by the SC by asking kudhargam questions like 'show me where its written that without this particular practice there is no yindooism, that you certainly absolutely must do this particular practice to execute your FoReligion". By not doing this during Jallikattu itself, they've shown they have no inclination or understanding of the fight here. Other than big words by AS, we see no movement in courts.

Folks, bringing up AM Singhvi was to show that Con can play both sides (like RaGa does janeudhari brahmin type stunts) to confuse the electorate. Do you want NOTA votes/disgruntled yindoos thinking wtf whats the difference between bjp and con and voting for con in 19?
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

The name may sound she may be leftist/Christian lady like I thought. But she is devotee and goes through the issue very well as I listened through to 30 mins about the devotees efforts that went on last few years, which I am less aware.

Anjali George: Sabarimala Verdict, The Left's Posturing And The Way Forward
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKZyV3POIuE
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Sachin wrote:The police have said that they would do some background checks of "woman devotees" who asks them for police protection.
they (police) do not have any mandate to do background checks on women and issue character certificates. Apart from following and implementing court/govt order they have no business to enquire into a particular devotee's character, although they (police) would love to do so.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

ramana wrote:I think Kerala Hindus need to remind themselves self help is the best help and as the Greek say God helps those who help themselves.
Sir, what do you think the Ayyappa devotees of KL were doing all this while? GoKL (the communist ones) did nothing to defend the Hindu faith. All the review petitions now pending in court has been filed by the Ayyappa devotees themselves (and a few organisations who are politically neutral). The protest marches seen on the roads (with a large women representation) was not called for by any pro-Hindu political party (if such a thing exists). Ayyappa devotees of KL have only two options i) use legal recourse to correct the judgement ii) take to street level protesting.

The BJP and the Congress only intervened in the issue after sensing a grand opportunity of playing politics.
Also how did the lawyers make Sabarimala pilgrimage a secular event by arguing its a mela of all pilgrims?
Sabari Mala may be one of those rare temples in which men of every religion are allowed with no restrictions. So that is taken as a "secularism", and now Hon.HC of Kerala says that cannot be changed. Concepts of EJ groups targetting Hindu temples (where ever they are given permission to enter) were never in the mind of Hindus who allowed every one an entry to this shrine. And Hon.HC just said that this was the tradition in the shrine, and now it need not be altered.
Prasad wrote:Folks, bringing up AM Singhvi was to show that Con can play both sides (like RaGa does janeudhari brahmin type stunts) to confuse the electorate.
KL is one of those few states where Congress still manages to get a good share of votes. And so the party knows the importance of the state *. The kind of eagerness and using available legal options by the Congress is clearly based on this. If such a move (of support Hindu causes) can help Janeudhari Brahmin Rahul Ghandi in other states it is even more better. And to be frank, there are now many review petitions which have been filed in the Sabari Mala issue. There has not been a single review petition gone from a Sangh Parivar organisation. Congress also have not done that; but then allowed a Congress politician Prayar Gopalakrishnan to file a review petition and assured him the best legal help which the party can offer (A.M Singhvi & K. Sibal).

* When beef was banned in many northern states, Congress workers in Kerala had actually butchered a cow in the middle of the road. The video of that went viral, and it was sure that the BJP would use it in their campaigns against Congress and Janeudhari Brahmin in the northern states. Now if they get some thing good at Sabari Mala, the tag of being "Hindu-haters" will subside.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

habal wrote:they (police) do not have any mandate to do background checks on women and issue character certificates. Apart from following and implementing court/govt order they have no business to enquire into a particular devotee's character, although they (police) would love to do so.
I hope you can read & understand Malayalam. This text is from a report in Mathrubhumi (one of the vociferous supporters of the verdict) - "പോലീസ് സംരക്ഷണം ആവശ്യപ്പെട്ട് വരുന്നവര്‍ ആരാണെന്ന് വിശദമായി പരിശോധിക്കുമെന്നും സര്‍ക്കാര്‍ കോടതിയില്‍ അറിയിച്ചു." (Translation: There would be a detailed check done on the antecedents of the women devotees who demand police protection, the state government informed the court). So the police is clear on their terms & conditions for providing security.

BTW habal; I see a lot of interest shown by non-Hindus in the implementation of this court order. I never knew that X'ians etc. had so much faith & interest in Sabari Mala Ayyappan. Did you get the same feeling?
ShyamSP wrote:The name may sound she may be leftist/Christian lady like I thought. But she is devotee and goes through the issue very well as I listened through to 30 mins about the devotees efforts that went on last few years, which I am less aware.
Please share the link of the video far & wide. She is one of those people who actively support the cause of Hinduism at Sabari Mala; and honestly are much better characters than Rahul Eswar etc.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Shilpa Nair is quite happy with Amit Shah.

https://twitter.com/shilpamdas/status/1 ... 34304?s=19
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Sachin wrote: BTW habal; I see a lot of interest shown by non-Hindus in the implementation of this court order. I never knew that X'ians etc. had so much faith & interest in Sabari Mala Ayyappan. Did you get the same feeling?
regarding women 'devotees' who did the trek
I find all of them fairly shady characters though I rather not sit in judgement over someone's motivations. Apart from one confirmed naxal ie manju or something, rest have different levels of women's lib and eccentricities on their character.

Rehana Fatima: married to hindu.
she wants to break all conventional moulds. Is most likely a rebel and wants to gain attention towards herself. Although climbing a mountain track full of hostiles can be daunting task for anyone let alone wimmens out to prove a point, at some point she would have been scared shït. I think the girl has character.

Kavitha jakala: no idea
mary sweety: what a joke, she has mental problems, could have climbed and jumped down, not stable.
manju: attention seeker.
radha/someone: dalit activist, perhaps naxal.
andhra lady who was with family pretending not knowing rule: she didn't give a damn, she just wants to do trekking of 5k.

Sachin, a huge mass of kerala's population cutting across class, caste, religion lines will blindly oppose anything proposed by hindu orgs as casteist, exclusivist & discriminatory. These are people with a moral compass, and would ideally not interfere in rituals of another religion. But it will be a tough sell to explain tantric traditions to this large group. Not that they cannot understand or perceive tantric practices, but they will think it as an auxiliary of some imaginary discrimination. Also nobody knows really what majority of women are thinking. They will not accept being branded as polluting influence etc esp the english medium educated westernized types.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Sachin, Understood. But read Shilpa Nair tweet.
They are quite happy with level of support.
Also red line has been stated
No desecration of #Sabarimala
Rest we have to wait.
Congress is willing accomplice in the SC verdict. So no need to give them kudos.
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

ShyamSP wrote:The name may sound she may be leftist/Christian lady like I thought. But she is devotee and goes through the issue very well as I listened through to 30 mins about the devotees efforts that went on last few years, which I am less aware.

Actually Anjali is one of the trustees of Indic Collective. A group trying to keep Dharmic traditions alive.

http://www.indiccollective.org/team
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Dileep wrote:
chetak wrote: The precedence was already posted on your other blog on 17 oct.
It's about a shia sunni fight over a graveyard.
My question is, is there a precedence for the COURT to put one of its judgement in abeyance. I am not talking about the GOVT not taking action. We all know that the GoKL could very well do that. They could have easily said "we ishtudy the bherdict onlee". But instead, they went all out like a jackrabbit waking up in spring.
when the court's judgement is flouted for whatever reason, it could have called out the army to implement it if it so desired. It chose to keep quiet.

that by itself sends a wimpy message that it does not want to tangle with the executive and precipitate a constitutional crisis. If the court orders some action and there is no one to carry it out, then what does the court do??

The court's judgement is final unless appealed. There is no case of "we ishtudy the bherdict onlee".

For the COURT to put one of its judgement in abeyance, meaning that the directions of the court cannot be implemented, means the judgement cannot be carried out by the executive which in turn means that the judgement is probably wrong. Does the court have such powers?? Maybe it can just recall a judgement. Either way, it looks extremely foolish.

Maybe one can "study" the judgement for a month or two but not for decades.

Sabarimala case is being appealed and the court can at most decide on some distant date to consider the appeal but beyond that it cannot do much but admit the appeal and then decide.

ANY SC ruling can be overruled by a determined legislature, notwithstanding some commie bunk about not affecting the fundamental character of the constitution itself.

The legislature can and should nullify the SC judges collegium system which exists nowhere else in the world. This judgement has certainly affected the fundamental character of the constitution itself. Such supreme power in the hands of the unelected and probably the unelectable should never be allowed to exist in a mature democracy.
Last edited by chetak on 30 Oct 2018 00:56, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

mappunni wrote:

Actually Anjali is one of the trustees of Indic Collective. A group trying to keep Dharmic traditions alive.

http://www.indiccollective.org/team
+108

Anjali George fights more for Hindu issues than a majority of Hindus themselves.

This is one gutsy lady and is to be much appreciated.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

chetak wrote: Anjali George fights more for Hindu issues than a majority of Hindus themselves.
she has answered here, and you shouldn't question after this:
https://twitter.com/kuvalayamala/status ... 73?lang=en
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

The GoKL could have easily said "eet weel create law and ardar situvashun onlee" and do nothing, just like the varanasi case. and left it there.

They could have at least said that the Govt will not trample upon the devotees feelings and will go on 'ejucating' them and convince them to let wimmin enter.

Instead, they said "if we can't find a woman devotee to go, we will send in police women to make sure that the verdict is implemented". Yes, that is what Loknath "Jabba the Hut" Behra IPS said in the initial days. I sincerely hope that he did not try the same concept to "implement" the verdict on adultery.

This "all secular onlee... all relijian onlee.." comes from some of the arguments made at the SC during the hearing. It is a fact that SM welcomes all, and a considerable number of non-hindus do visit. (I myself have accompanied xtian friends, and know Muslims who goes). This fact was raised at the SC hearing to show that SM is all 'brogressiv' everywhere else, so 'bliss allow this restriction onlee'. Obviously, it didn't work. Nothing would have worked anyway, because the Hon CJI now retired was hell bent on it.

We shoudn't deceive ourselves. There won't be any review. there won't be any reference. There won't be any 7 member bench. The court decision on 13th is foregone conclusion.

If we, the aam-swamy could persevere till past next years 'season', we will win. Else, we will lose by attrition.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Did any of you donate yet? This is verified true.
Dileep wrote:Crowd funding request by the Pandalam royals. This is verified true by news sources.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

habal wrote:
Sachin, a huge mass of kerala's population cutting across class, caste, religion lines will blindly oppose anything proposed by hindu orgs as casteist, exclusivist & discriminatory. These are people with a moral compass, and would ideally not interfere in rituals of another religion. But it will be a tough sell to explain tantric traditions to this large group. Not that they cannot understand or perceive tantric practices, but they will think it as an auxiliary of some imaginary discrimination. Also nobody knows really what majority of women are thinking. They will not accept being branded as polluting influence etc esp the english medium educated westernized types.
People with moral compass will not oppose anything without first trying to understand that thing. The "huge mass" you speak may be brainwashed communists, peacefuls and EJs who hate Sanathana Dharma. They do not have any moral compass to speak about when it comes to Hindu religion which they view as evil. They can not be reasoned with.

As far as what women are thinking, I am sure any female (or male for that matter) devotee to any temple will respect the traditions etc of that temple. Otherwise there is no question of having any devotion. Devotion does not mean you pick and chose what you want. Westernized types are not your typical devotees of Sabarimalai who are willing to walk large distance and willing do 41 days deksha. Historically there is no major effort by any Hindu females group to violate the tradition till date. Even after the judgement there is no major effort from any large number of female devotees to visit the temple in violation of the rules of the temple. That alone shows a lot about the what the female devotees think about this.

The real fact is decades of supporting anti Hindu forces and voting to them faithfully brought this situation wherein the rulers can openly desecrate sacred Hindu temples without any fear of backlash.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SaiK wrote:
chetak wrote: Anjali George fights more for Hindu issues than a majority of Hindus themselves.
she has answered here, and you shouldn't question after this:
https://twitter.com/kuvalayamala/status ... 73?lang=en

I have not questioned her.

I appreciate and support her views and efforts.

Please quote correctly.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Now just in case if you were wondering why all of a sudden anti-Hindu forces had an interest in the Sabarimala Temple. The reason is Sabarimala is a very revered place of worship in the Hindu religion. The sheer number of devotees it attracts every year is just mind-boggling.
zoverian
BRFite

Post by zoverian »

Dileep wrote:Did any of you donate yet? This is verified true.
Dileep wrote:Crowd funding request by the Pandalam royals. This is verified true by news sources.

Want to reconfirm, are the details and letter verified?
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

^^Yes it is verified by multiple sources. You can also call their land line number and check yourself.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Yagnasri wrote:Even after the judgement there is no major effort from any large number of female devotees to visit the temple in violation of the rules of the temple. That alone shows a lot about the what the female devotees think about this.
It was sheer desperation of GoKL which made the police literally trying to beg any young woman found in Sabari Mala to go trekking up the hill. It was also this move which also made many "unbothered" indviduals sit up and take notice. Even the supreme court did not say that GoKL had to take young woman up the hill shrine.
chetak wrote:Anjali George fights more for Hindu issues than a majority of Hindus themselves.
She also knows more about Hinduism and Hindu women's customs more than many of the Hindu women in KL today.
habal wrote:I find all of them fairly shady characters though I rather not sit in judgement over someone's motivations. Apart from one confirmed naxal ie manju or something, rest have different levels of women's lib and eccentricities on their character.
GoKL made a big mistake of allowing the "activists" the last time around. This only convinced the Ayyappa devotees that GoKL wants to hurt their religious faith. Instead of the the respect to a Supreme Court verdict it was the "missionary zeal" of GoKL which got exposed.
They will not accept being branded as polluting influence etc esp the english medium educated westernized types.
I do agree with you, if GoKL had waited out for another 10-15 years may be women who were NOT activists might also have made an attempt. You are right that many Hindu belief system is slowly undergoing a change, with the "convent english medium" style education system now prevalent in Kerala. For example my SHQ is not as religious as how my mother used to be. My neices (and nephews) do not take Hinduism as the way their mothers accepted it. But at least I have not seen an "open rebellion", which is the speciality of activists.
Rehana Fatima: married to hindu.
But neccessarily not married to "Hinduism". The husband and wife duo are activists. She tried the trek with an Irumudi kettu an item which no Guru Swamy would actually prepare and give it to her. She was here to prove a point; even if it hurt the sentiments of millions of others.
Kavitha jakala: no idea
Malayalam media initially gave her name as Kavitha Koshy (Koshy is a X'ian surname in Kerala). She was a journalist perhaps encouraged by the police to make the trek. She never claimed to be a devotee, but may have loved the police escort being arranged. Some thing which she cannot get at Hyderabad.
mary sweety: what a joke, she has mental problems, could have climbed and jumped down, not stable.
She would have been coached and sent in by some other shady groups. If I were the SB CID of Kerala, a cursory check on her may have been done. She may be cranky, but her handlers may have been smart people.
manju: attention seeker.
She claimed to be a Dalit activist (who also had lots pending cases, and one pending warrant on her). Add to this another woman Libi, who said she was an aethiest and then two days before the event started believing in Thatwamasi etc. (by her own words). Another attention seeker.
radha/someone: dalit activist, perhaps naxal.
That should be Bindu Thankam (also said to be Bindu Zacharia), who again made the most unplanned attempt. Again did not really had reasons on why she decided to goto Sabari Mala. Her parents have now said that, they want to do penance for the daughter's action and would trek up Sabari Mala.
andhra lady who was with family pretending not knowing rule: she didn't give a damn, she just wants to do trekking of 5k.
By now, I had lost track of the attempts. There were around 3 ladies from Andhra who were turned back. They had accompanied the old women from their families.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

There was some quick rejoicement amongst the "secular & progressive camp" when Sabarimala: Rahul Gandhi contradicts Congress stand, favours women entry. Ra.Ga made his personal stance clear, but have now handed over the baton to the Kerala PCC who says;
Failure to support devotees may ruin Congress: K Sudhakaran.
Sabarimala: Congress, UDF stand by devotees - Chennithala.

HC demands explanation on Govt intervention in Sabarimala/Devaswom Board. The title is misleading. There has been a petition filed in Kerala HC stating that GoKL is not allowing the Travancor Devaswom Board to run as an independent body looking after the Hindu temples.

There is also a strong rumour floating around that "revenue generation" at Sabari Mala this time around have come down 10-to-1 levels. As I said earlier GoKL primary motive is revenue generation. So devotees should just pray do the offerings and come back. Even the Appam & Aravana payasa(m) prepared at Sabari Mala are done by commercial contractors.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sachin wrote:There was some quick rejoicement amongst the "secular & progressive camp" when Sabarimala: Rahul Gandhi contradicts Congress stand, favours women entry. Ra.Ga made his personal stance clear, but have now handed over the baton to the Kerala PCC who says;
Failure to support devotees may ruin Congress: K Sudhakaran.
Sabarimala: Congress, UDF stand by devotees - Chennithala.

HC demands explanation on Govt intervention in Sabarimala/Devaswom Board. The title is misleading. There has been a petition filed in Kerala HC stating that GoKL is not allowing the Travancor Devaswom Board to run as an independent body looking after the Hindu temples.

There is also a strong rumour floating around that "revenue generation" at Sabari Mala this time around have come down 10-to-1 levels. As I said earlier GoKL primary motive is revenue generation. So devotees should just pray do the offerings and come back. Even the Appam & Aravana payasa(m) prepared at Sabari Mala are done by commercial contractors.
during ysr reddy's time as andhra cm, a xtian contractor was given the "contract" to prepare the famous Tirupati prasadam laddus.
arvin
BRFite

Post by arvin »

It would be interesting to see how congress will explain RaGa's stand to its electorate. Raga and Commies are on the same page.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

arvin wrote:It would be interesting to see how congress will explain RaGa's stand to its electorate. Raga and Commies are on the same page.
They wont.
BTW its is rumored that RaGa always goes aboard during Diwali as he does not want to be seen lighting diyas or firecrackers.
if anyone can refute this with a picture of him at any Diwali in India would be useful.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Ramana, so, you think lighting Diya is worse than wearing the thread and claiming to be a Shiv Bhakt? The good thing about Xtianity is that all you need is the help of an ordained priest to wash away the sin!!

Coming weekend, the commies are going to come to "ejucate" the govt stance. I sure hope they prepare :devil:

Both commie and congie are trying very hard to lose some votes, and BJP is trying very hard to block them getting to their party. Maybe NSS can restart the old NDP? (For those who are not aware, NSS is the non-political organization of Nairs, and for some time in the eighties they had a political arm called NDP. NSS is currently the only major organization that stands strongly behind the #SSM movement)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I don't think that. He is said to think so.
Any way new SC ruling is Sabarimala is Secular Temple.
I think devotees should stop going to court as each ruling is mo re atrocious than previous one.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

The GoKL is instituting a "coupon" system to restrict the stay of devotees at Sabarimala for 24 Hours. A coupon with date/time stamp will be given to each devotee (yeah.. right.. whoever suggested this had never been there and seen the rush) and police can check it to verify that no one stays there beyond 24 Hours.

However dumb the idea seems, it can not be allowed, simply because it is another hit on the belief. We should take the coupon, do the darshan,and then conveniently lose it in the rush. No one should produce it to the police after darshan.

Why keep it till darshan? They may refuse darshan if you do not have the coupon. That is why. They are still going to use it as a convenience to try kick out anyone they consider a troublemaker, but that is another matter alltogether.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

This "Secular Temple" concept is our own doing. We (ie the devotees who fought the yuvathi entry) used the fact that people from other religion also come there as a point of argument. It kind of backfired now.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

ramana wrote:I don't think that. He is said to think so.
Well, all of us know his capacity to think anyway.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Believers should consider hiring a competent attorney who understands what they want to achieve, and then STFU. Trouble is, do they know what they want to achieve? The declaration of "all r welcome from any faith as long as they have right plumbing and design life" has been accepted with glee, apparently. So now let's see: Bhaktas think the Deity is perfectly delighted having pig-eating/ cow-eating, wine-swilling, carnivores belching in front of Him - but not worshipful, pure herbivorous Hindu women brought up in complete devotion to the Deity.
Yup, I can see that they are perfectly tuned to the Deity's wavelength. 400% Divya drishti

Perhaps it is time to consider the meaning of "Vinasa Kale Vipareeta Buddhi" to understand why they end up making these sorts of brilliant legal arguments on the Holy Unbreakable Traditions in front of the Supreme Court and the TV cameras.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

How caste discrimination during and after Kerala floods has affected dalits, adivasis

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/h ... asis-90804

I had heard about this too from chengannur with some slight corrections. The 17 member namboodiri family from chengannur was in fact potti or tambram because as far as I know there are no namboodiri families native to chengannur. The story that I heard was one family of 17+dog was standing on second floor and waving to resuce teams, and in this instance they were fishermen. When the men rowed their boats close to their house, family members asked the name of the fisherman, when they came to know that they (there were 2 of them) were fishermen from cherthala or allapuzha the family head mentioned how they had rotten luck because after all this waiting some low-caste fisherman had come to rescue them. :shock:

So they waved/shooed these two fishermen away and said they do not need any help from them. After a few hours the family sighted, what they thought, was another boat and waved them over. When the boat came close they realized it was the same old fishermen that they had shooed away. Now the fishermen asked them if they changed their mind, the head of the family said we are not coming with you but can you take our dog to safety. So they took the dog.

In another instance a local policeman flagged down a tata truck from malabar who came for rescue and he told them he would show them the way since where they wanted to go was just 1 km away. He then misled them to go to where he wanted to go which was 7 kms away and then asked them to go back. The people of malabar never saw such specimens in their life.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Habal, I heard this "I will not get onto xtian boat" story once, but there is zero corroborating evidence. Not even any first hand account by the fisherfolk.

There was a news item posted on this thread about it with the name of the person who narrated it. That is all I have seen. If it was true, at least some news source would have got to that man and found out what happened.

I think it is a fabrication.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

UB Saar, where is the money to hire the Sharabjee Daruwala type "See near Lyers" who charge INR 1 Lakh per minute? The Pandalam palace people are desperately trying to find money to pay lawyers. Did YOU donate yet?

I will tell you what aam-swamy think about the non-yindoo swamys. If someone is indeed a swamy, s/he is welcome. "pig-eating/ cow-eating, wine-swilling, carnivores" are not swamy. Neither are nude posing, free swinging, cum activitisting liberated wimmin. BTW, I fit perfectly to the class "pig-eating/ cow-eating, wine-swilling, carnivore" for most part of the year. Where does that place me?
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

What use getting fancy lawyers when the judgement has statements that were negated by the Ayyapa lawyers? Perhaps judgement and arguments should first be read?