Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Post by disha »

ramana wrote:I think DT lost everything today.
He started fires he could not control.
Trade war, violence, make enemies of friends, and after House is lost next 2 years will be probe after probe.

Opposite of Dale Carnegie famous book.
Unlikely. Check this https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... h-massacre
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

UBCN is considering going out on a limb with Predictor-Corrector and predict massive Republican win in House & Senate. Hope Adminullahs will permit post deletion post election if correction essential and not possible.
Rationale: Only democrats think things have gone sour. For the Aam American, DT/elephants are fighting the good fight and keeping election promises (may I say, better than the ruling party in that other large democracy?) and WINNING for the most part. Korea, China, Oirope, Mehico, Canada. DT has been winning (from their perspective at least). Tax reduction is real. Job growth is real. Stock market down temporatily, yeah, but it had gone up, and a healthy correction is OK< big problem is if donkeys win there may be BIG slide. Anyway, majority may not care that much about stock market moves. DT is arguing to keep interest down. Gas prices are down again. Dollar is strong.
Overall, a brave and good POTUS, stymied by gang warfare of Liberals, and Entitlement whining of Mynawrities. Kavanaugh epic showed nastiness of donkeys, POTUS won the day by standing firm. Govt shutdowns avoided. Strong military budget. Showed 'em Reds by cancelling nuke agreements: hooray for Cold War economic boom to return.
Look around the world: US is like a lone aircraft carrier sailing through the massive storms in an iceberg-laden ocean, while sharks are all round. Gawd-fearing, jovial, upbeat, tough POTUS, reminescent of ol' Gramps.

In Jawjuh for instance, donkey campaign for guvnor is plain dirty. They have a giant electronic sign showing The Fires of (anti-Houristan).
8 years of incompetence. Why the **** promote Kemp to Guvnor?
I think it is a huge boo-boo by desperate donkeys. You don't use such words. F*** is OK, S*** is OK, but H*** is :eek: :shock: You **NEVER*** use such words in polite company. Reminds voters that Donkey candidate is an uncivilized Mynawrty wimmens.
Dumbass donkeys should know that. Shows that they are getting their donkeys whipped. Jimmy Carter sounds whiny as ever, asking the SoS to resign just because he is running for Guvnor - and he is the one who runs the election. Seems perfectly OK way of operation to me. :mrgreen:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Election polls:
In ..
Politico had similar findings. On Monday it had the House leaning towards the Democrats, with 28 toss-up races. Politico had the senate likely going to the GOP, with just 5 toss-up races. The RealClearPolitics maps of the Congressional races, meanwhile, on Monday six toss-up races in the Senate and 30 in the Senate.
More importantly: VOX Bookie Vox Satani
Oddsmakers seemed to be falling in line with those projections. Bovada last week put out odds that seemed to suggest the Democrats taking the House and the GOP holding onto the Senate were the most likely outcomes. The odds were:
2018 House of Representatives Election - Majority Outcome
-Democratic Majority 5/13
-Republican Majority 9/5
-No Overall Majority 50/1
2018 Senate Election - Majority Outcome
-Republican Majority 1/4
-Democratic Majority 6/1
-No Overall Majority 11/2
2018 Midterms Election - Exact Outcome
-Democratic House/GOP Senate 2/3
-GOP House/GOP Senate 7/4

-Democratic House/Democratic Senate 13/2
-GOP House/Democratic Senate 100/1
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/30/politics ... index.html
Trump claims he can defy Constitution and end birthright citizenship
By Kevin Liptak and Devan Cole, CNN
October 30, 2018
Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump offered a dramatic, if legally dubious, promise in a new interview to unilaterally end birthright citizenship, ratcheting up his hardline immigration rhetoric with a week to go before critical midterm elections.
Trump's vow to end the right to citizenship for the children of non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants born on US soil came in an interview with Axios released Tuesday. Such a step would be regarded as an affront to the US Constitution, which was amended 150 years ago to include the words: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States."
Trump did not say when he would sign the order, and some of his past promises to use executive action have gone unfulfilled. But whether the President follows through on his threat or not, the issue joins a string of actions intended to thrust the matter of immigration into the front of voters' minds as they head to polls next week.
A day earlier, the President vowed in an interview on Fox News to construct tent cities to house migrants traveling through Mexico to the US southern border. His administration announced the deployment of 5,200 troops to protect the frontier as the "caravan" continues to advance. And the President has warned of an "invasion" of undocumented immigrants if the border isn't sealed with a wall.
Still, the threat of ending birthright citizenship amounts to another escalation in Trump's hardline approach to immigration, which has become his signature issue.
"We're the only country in the world where a person comes in, has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States for 85 years with all of those benefits," Trump said in an interview for "Axios on HBO." Several other countries, including Canada, have a policy of birthright citizenship, according to an analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies, which advocates for reducing immigration.
"It's ridiculous. It's ridiculous. And it has to end," he continued.
Gautam
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

He has a point about needing the wall, given the Caravan and such stunts. The Birthright thing is no doubt an extreme election ploy. OTOH, since Life Begins at Conception per the Republicans, I would say that a large percentage of present Republicans are Mexican citizens by birthright. Some French, maybe. I wonder if this will come up when they run for POTUS.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

pence seems to have called a jews for Christ rabbi to speak at his gig and the prayers were not for the dead in Pittsburgh but for republican politicians... some jewish commentators think this is a message to the far right xtian base... hold steady... the promised land is not far...

meanwhile the dreaded leprosy carrying caravan of democrat rapists and rioters seems to be 1000 miles close to the US border...
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

g.sarkar wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/30/politics ... index.html
Trump claims he can defy Constitution and end birthright citizenship
good. I hope they make it retroactive..or at least let people opt their children out. I would gladly have my kids renounce it immediately instead of having to jump through hoops at the consulate office to prove they really really want to give it up...
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Lalmohan wrote:meanwhile the dreaded leprosy carrying caravan of democrat rapists and rioters seems to be 1000 miles close to the US border...
also small pox :D . to think that people fall for this..but then again some very smart people are still believing the con..
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

Gus wrote:
good. I hope they make it retroactive..or at least let people opt their children out. I would gladly have my kids renounce it immediately instead of having to jump through hoops at the consulate office to prove they really really want to give it up...
Me too. I hope this gets done.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

What DT is proposing is for illegal immigrants. You folks don't have that choice.
However it will lead to Constitutional challenge of the 14th Amendment.
And will fail.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

this is what it says "Trump's vow to end the right to citizenship for the children of non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants" ..that can only be interpreted as any non-citizen, legal or illegal immigrant.

anyways...

are you suggesting that he is just farting around and not being serious with this..and is cynically saying things just for drumming up support, regardless of viability?

but when he says things we like, somehow he is serious and will carry it out as he says it. :wink:

somebody else can articulate this better..all I can come up with to describe this is the "he does not lie to me" thing that wimmins do..
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Meanwhile, hypocrisy from those with hands in the bloody oily cookie jar...(IOW, I don't). In fact I turned down the offer to give me $100 if I gave them advice on evaluating brobojals but I needed to give my bassbort info to them (so they could print some copies for their coujins who were learning to fly airliners?) First time I said keep the review with my compliments and give the $100 to some poor kid. Second time I just said keep the brobojals :P Third and Fourth times I just deleted the emails.
Not absence of greed. Just Fear.
These things are sort-of predictable.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^The press is in the mode of blaming Trump for everything bad that happens in the US. Similar to blaming Modi for Rupee devaluation and fuel prices. The difference being Trump speaks stupidly which reinforces the blame.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

This election overall is just GREAT. If the donkeys win, GREAT! The elephants badly need the kick in the rear. If the elephants win, GREAT! The donkeys need the kick in the rear. Win-win.
If neither side wins, they will have a Hung COTUS, with govt. shutdowns and no budgets, no progress on anything, and probably trigger a massive popular uprising to introduce all of them to lamp-posts.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Mort Walker wrote:^^^The press is in the mode of blaming Trump for everything bad that happens in the US. Similar to blaming Modi for Rupee devaluation and fuel prices. The difference being Trump speaks stupidly which reinforces the blame.
I am reasoning that 97% watch CNN at some point or other, and about 50% of them will get that CNN is a 1-point agenda. Then they'll switch to FOX and complete their own lobotomy, while the other 50% get lobotomized by CNN, or switch to MSNBC and get the same.
The other 11% have switched to RT.com :mrgreen:

I just cannot comprehend what happened to Megyn Kelly bibi. I mean, with her sentiments she was surely FOX material, but then why did she get into the bissing contest with DT that made the Malloostan controversies look Victorian by comparison? Was it a whyte wimmen's thing vs. Mynawrities thing? War of Entitlements between equal-degree racists? Anyway, Karma has a strange and wonderful way.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Just posting cute cartoon: no endorsement implied!!
Jim Acosta

Closed voting locations hurt minority voters more

Elephants blame each other
Frustration centered on 41 open or vacant GOP House seats, a record. Of those, nearly two dozen have become vulnerable to Democratic takeover, according to the nonpartisan Cook Political Report. With just 23 seats needed to flip control, stakes are high for those in the politics business.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Potential Senator/POTUS prospect killed in the prime of his life
Acclaimed FBI asset, convicted of only 11 murders.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Citizenship executive order is issued may be constitutional if the 14th amendment is read in full. It is quite possible that kids of non citizens and illegals may end up losing citizenship along with the scam of tourist visa at the 7th month pregnancy.

It is here the SC plays a very critical role. No wonder Donkeys fought hard to stop the appointment of Kavanagh
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Will it affect legal residents as well?
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Kashi wrote:Will it affect legal residents as well?
Technical argument can be made that legal residents are under the jurisdiction and naturalizable.
14th amendment - "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States"

Illegals can be played any way but they can't be under jurisdiction and naturalizable by normal laws and procedures. President order and later Judge verdict for any suit will do and that is what Trump may be banking on.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

i met a gora amreeki yesterday at an event (middle aged, well educated), we got talking about work-shirk, but then eventually got on to politics... he in a shake of head and weary resignation said "I've been a life long republican, but the republican party no longer supports the values and ideals that I grew up with or believe in..."
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The 14th Amendment original purpose was to grant citizenship rights to the slaves freed by 13th Amendment.
It is not to grant citizenship rights to illegal immigrants children.
Typical of Left to use the very provisions against those who were to benefit originally when the laws were framed.

LM a lot of country club Republicans are shaking heads and displaying the elitist attitude you saw.
These guys could have those values etc because of the hoi polloi voted blindly for them since WWII.

If you can please read Joan Williams "White Working Class: Overcoming Class Cluelessness in America"

Here is her article in HBR in 2016. This gives the gist of her argument:

https://hbr.org/2016/11/what-so-many-pe ... king-class

I bought the book as part of my learning to participate in this thread.....
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Lalmohan wrote:i met a gora amreeki yesterday at an event (middle aged, well educated), we got talking about work-shirk, but then eventually got on to politics... he in a shake of head and weary resignation said "I've been a life long republican, but the republican party no longer supports the values and ideals that I grew up with or believe in..."
Loong time ago, the old gent in our Receiving Center asked me:
Do u know hu was the last honest and competent President that we had?
I said: "Harry Truman?"
Abraham Lincoln
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

What happens to the song:
Bawn in the Yoo Ess ay!!
??
Will have to change to
Bawn With An SSN in the Yoo Ess ay!!
??
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^ i th8 that would be FDR, like brits adore their Church-ill
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

ramana wrote:The 14th Amendment original purpose was to grant citizenship rights to the slaves freed by 13th Amendment.
It is not to grant citizenship rights to illegal immigrants children.
Typical of Left to use the very provisions against those who were to benefit originally when the laws were framed.

LM a lot of country club Republicans are shaking heads and displaying the elitist attitude you saw.
These guys could have those values etc because of the hoi polloi voted blindly for them since WWII.

If you can please read Joan Williams "White Working Class: Overcoming Class Cluelessness in America"

Here is her article in HBR in 2016. This gives the gist of her argument:

https://hbr.org/2016/11/what-so-many-pe ... king-class

I bought the book as part of my learning to participate in this thread.....
I have been trying to point out for some time that liberals are not at all left, they are actually fascists

I completely agree with the proposition laid down by the article you have posted except for the assumption that the democrats are following this policy by mistake

It is a well thought out policy of the super elite which control the democratic party that the middle class should be squeezed by Taxes to fund the populist policies, to obtain the votes of the poor.

Encouraging immigration is one of the policies adopted by the elite to change the demographic profile over medium term

Funny thing is that the poor vote for democrats who want them to remain poor so that they shall continue voting for them

So Poor minorities IN USA will voting so that their jobs can be sent to China. That's called POLITICS.

Do the liberals ever talk about repression in China, Saudi Arabia, Tech Moguls, Retail Moguls etc
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Post by Ravi Karumanchiri »

In U.S.-India Trade, Trump Sees Only Harley-Davidson
<SNIP>

Yet Mr. Trump has voiced little interest in such policy questions or the rounds of negotiations that have kept the two countries from an all-out trade war. Instead, he has been publicly riveted by one small pawn in the game: India’s tariffs on a few hundred high-end Harley-Davidson motorcycles sold here each year.

<SNIP>
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

This thread lost me at the counter counter counter-conspiracy theories.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Sundar Picchai has been stabbed in the back? Global walkout etc. means he's going to get kicked out. Victim of the Usual Quarters.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201811 ... lications/

so, it is a ruble purchase bypassing the greenbacks. any gyan/ strategic/chankian here? [other than what is reflected in the article]

--

ps: I will x-post elsewhere, as it may fit. I thought there is a doosra here from sputnik to understand trump sarkar
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

UlanBatori wrote:Sundar Picchai has been stabbed in the back? Global walkout etc. means he's going to get kicked out. Victim of the Usual Quarters.
Stabbed by whom? If you read the NYTimes article, Google has had a problem with sexual harassment since the very beginning starting with the founders.
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

An Israeli fashion company’s ad featuring Bar Refaeli in a hijab is being slammed online, with people calling it “racist,” “ignorant” and “Islamophobic.”

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/israe ... lamophobic

This attack on professionally independent & emancipated model Bar Rafaeli clearly shows that so called "liberals" are neither feminists, nor leftists nor do they want a modern free society but it is a cabal funded by Oil Money, Church and MNCs, out to destroy Middle Class. Historically Middle Class has provided the spark of for equality, liberty, freedom and Rule of Law. This Middle Class slowly sought to be destroyed by controlled narrative, just like Pagan (Free Believer) Cultures were destroyed to bring in Dark Ages.

Notice how hard this news against Bar Rafaeli is being pushed across all social media platforms and notice that one almost never reads anything positive against Trump in suggested news items on Google, Twitter, Facebook etc
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... sm/574672/
The question is no longer: Does anti-Semitism exist among American conservatives? It’s: Is anti-Semitism an inevitable byproduct of the nativist conservatism being championed by President Trump? The answer to that question is yes.

Trump’s nativism is logically contradictory. On the one hand, he depicts Latino immigrants as subhuman: “animals.” On the other, he describes them as so well-organized and potent that they can invade and conquer the United States. Reconciling this tension requires another enemy: an enemy that is not only evil but brilliant, brilliant enough to organize people who cannot organize themselves. For some Trump supporters—egged on of late by the president’s references to George Soros—that’s where Jews come in.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Gyan wrote:An Israeli fashion company’s ad featuring Bar Refaeli in a hijab is being slammed online, with people calling it “racist,” “ignorant” and “Islamophobic.”

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/israe ... lamophobic

This attack on professionally independent & emancipated model Bar Refaeli clearly shows that so called "liberals" are neither feminists, nor leftists nor do they want a modern free society but it is a cabal funded by Oil Money, Church and MNCs, out to destroy Middle Class. Historically Middle Class has provided the spark of for equality, liberty, freedom and Rule of Law. This Middle Class slowly sought to be destroyed by controlled narrative, just like Pagan (Free Believer) Cultures were destroyed to bring in Dark Ages.

Notice how hard this news against Bar Rafaeli is being pushed across all social media platforms and notice that one almost never reads anything positive against Trump in suggested news items on Google, Twitter, Facebook etc
Funny, none of the "liberal" outlets have even mentioned the story as of this morning. Only Fox, People, Haaretz, Jerusalem Post among the top tier outlets have stories on it.

Where Bar Refeali is making the news is as follows: Jacob Wohl, Trump fan, concocted a "Surefire Intelligence Agency", a private firm that has found evidence that Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller is a sexual harasser; and among the pictures of its employees is Bar Refeali.
https://www.jpost.com/International/How ... ler-570866

PS: Why nobody will say a good word about Trump.
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/1 ... #read-more
The capper for Trump’s season of fear has been an ad so racist that it’s made even Republican dirty tricksters turn away in shame. This isn’t a dog whistle. Or a trumpet. Or a fog horn. It’s just racism.

But as it turns out, it’s not just racism. It’s also a complete lie. As reported by the Washington Post, the ad opens with the horrific words of violent murderer Luis Bracamontes who bragged of his killings at trial and threatened to kill more.
“Democrats let him into our country,” the ad’s script reads. “Democrats let him stay.”

Just one problem: It doesn’t appear to be true.
As it turns out, Bracamontes did enter the country at least three times. And was deported twice. Then he got back in during the Bush administration and … he stayed. He got married in 2002 and lived in both Arizona and Utah. The killer went on to live in the US for thirteen years before the meth-related killings in 2014.

But that’s not the worst part. In Bracamontes was picked up on drug charges in Phoenix and turned over to Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Trump’s “tough, tough” friend, Joe Arpaio. Joe Arpaio, the guy who Trump pardoned for refusing a court order.

Turns out, it was just Trump passing along a favor. Because Arpaio was also in a forgiving mood when he had Bracamontes in custody. Despite repeat drug charges and being in the country without documentation, Arpaio released Bracamontes “for reasons unknown.”
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

vera_k wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:Sundar Picchai has been stabbed in the back? Global walkout etc. means he's going to get kicked out. Victim of the Usual Quarters.
Stabbed by whom? If you read the NYTimes article, Google has had a problem with sexual harassment since the very beginning starting with the founders.
Pichai is the CEO with the company getting adverse publicity and demonstrations around the world. So he is being targeted. I don't believe that Google has any worse or better corporate environment than the general Silicon Valley startup/IT world. It's just richer, making it a target.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

For those who want to watch the video, it is here. Poor Mr. Pichai being made bali ka bakra. Best part when Noo-Yuk-Times aijent (and she-en-BC host) started grilling the CEO for not having enough background in public policy from Kennedy School (or something similar) @ 5:00... :rotfl:

https://www.nytdealbookconference.com/db2018/gallery
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Hope he has a nice huge golden parachute. They want to grab the CEO post for a suitable gora/gori like the bibi who took Yahoo from Chapter 11 to Chapter 13. Time for him to get out: Google stock is heading down, even b4 donkeys grab COTUS House and get the Just-Iss Dept to break up Alphabet.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

UlanBatori wrote:Hope he has a nice huge golden parachute. They want to grab the CEO post for a suitable gora/gori like the bibi who took Yahoo from Chapter 11 to Chapter 13. Time for him to get out: Google stock is heading down, even b4 donkeys grab COTUS House and get the Just-Iss Dept to break up Alphabet.
Your CT may have point given Tesla and Facebook CEOs were also asked to empty chairman posts for outsiders aka Wallstreet sponsored babus/bibis.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

UlanBatori wrote:
vera_k wrote:Stabbed by whom? If you read the NYTimes article, Google has had a problem with sexual harassment since the very beginning starting with the founders.
Pichai is the CEO with the company getting adverse publicity and demonstrations around the world. So he is being targeted. I don't believe that Google has any worse or better corporate environment than the general Silicon Valley startup/IT world. It's just richer, making it a target.
Bingo! Infact one of the most curious aspects of my interactions with the money-bags of Sandhill Road is this insane obsession with beyond-remotely viable lawsuits, because they are juicy targets of sharkeys who closely watch the Sandhillers' investments portfolios. If they fund any product that has even a very very vaguely defined potential personal risk (like healthcare/fitness products or adventure sports), their investment instantly become high risk ones, due to legal action.