Pulwama Attack

sudeepj
BRFite

Re: Pulwama Attack

Post by sudeepj »

UlanBatori wrote:I think PM Modi should go on national TV and lay out the risk of nuclear attack, and say that living in fear is worse than dying in a big flash. That sometimes a painful operation is needed to remove a growing tumor.
And then give Gen. Vij the free hand to drive to RYK, while someone else drives across to connect with Pakhtoonistan at the Indus. Enough is enough.
Indians need to stop dhoti-shivering about the new clear bogey. This was the big lesson from Ronald "Ray-Gun" Reagan: he declared that he was tired of living under the insanity of MAD. Result: SU collapsed in a heap.

Terroristan is much less scary than the SU was. My guess is that a well-coordinated Liberation Movement in Balochistan and Balwaristan, along with a direct attack on Pindi-'Hore-Islamagood, will send the Jarnails and political netas scampering for the next plane to Jeddah.

Sometimes, a seemingly irrational decision is the most rational one.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

sudeepj wrote:I just bought a $1500 lenovo laptop.. Feeling like shit now. Last time I am buying any Chinese product. SAY NO TO the following Chinese companies:

Lenovo
ViVo
Xiaomi
Oppo
OnePlus
HuaWei
Force Chinese disinvestment from PayTm.

I would rather pay more to buy stuff made elsewhere. ChiComs must pay for their sponsorship of Pakistan.

There is a difference between made in China, and China owned stuff. Even the iPhone is nominally 'made in China', but the value add in China for an iPhone is less than $25. Rest of that stuff is made in the US, Taiwan, South Korea etc. Its not so for the companies listed above.. Much more of the value add is in China. Therefore, prefer non Chinese brands over Chinese brands, even when both the choices may have been manufactured in China.
If you or anyone else is looking to buy non-Chinese mobiles, please consider Nokia - they are again being made in Chennai. I own one myself.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

prashanthreddy09 wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:
Every article ends with stupid conclusion that we are trying to impose war on Pakistan
That's par for the course. Let's not get distracted by these things and focus on securing our interests (and only ours). Wall builders may please take a hike.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

10,000 sorties are all I want!
Iyersan
BRFite

Post by Iyersan »

What would be the proposed timeframe for indian attack?
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

Iyersan wrote:What would be the proposed timeframe for indian attack?
If you look at Pak media, it seems they gamed this one and are therefore ready.

Response should be on a date/time that they can’t dream of...

Most probably it will be short intense war of 24-72 hours, with permanent damage for Pakistan.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

UndiTV:
"Support India's Right To Self-Defence": US Tells Ajit Doval On Pulwama
Ayatollah "John" Bolton, feeling the pain in his musharraf from kick by Orangeutan, telephoned Ajit Doval Friday morning to express his condolences for the terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir and offered the US' full support to India in confronting terrorism.
Seems to be clear encouragement to do a "self-defence" in pindi/isloogood + improve parking in Muzzafarabad.
"I told Ajit Doval today that we support India's right to self-defence. I have spoken to him twice, including this morning... and expressed US' condolences over the terrorist attack," he told PTI.
Mr Bolton said the US has been very clear to Pakistan on ending support to terrorist safe havens.
"We have been very clear on that score... And, we are continuing to be in discussions we are going to have with the Pakistanis," he said.

Earlier, the White House and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo asked Pakistan to end its support to terrorist safe havens inside the country.

"We stand with #India as it confronts terrorism. Pakistan must not provide safe haven for terrorists to threaten international security," Mr Pompeo said on Twitter.

In a stern message to Pakistan, the White House asked Islamabad to "immediately end" its "support" to all terror groups and not to provide "safe haven" to them, as the US condemned the brutal Pulwama terror attack claimed the lives of at least 40 CRPF soldiers.

Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) has claimed responsibility for the terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district on Thursday that left at least 40 CRPF soldiers dead and five others critically wounded.

"The United States calls on Pakistan to end immediately the support and safe haven provided to all terrorist groups operating on its soil, whose only goal is to sow chaos, violence, and terror in the region," White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a late night statement on Thursday.
Interesting angle to this is that it is the Yoo Ess that stands to gain from India adopting a more militant posture wrt TSP. Helps the US case in A'stan. Think about it: destroy the Pak Army, Give Peace a Chance in Afghanistan too. Not extending that line of logic here, for obvious reasons. :eek:
Last edited by UlanBatori on 16 Feb 2019 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

ramana wrote:
rgosain wrote:Mumbai 2008 is still unfinished business, and this very recent outrage shows why certain powers and agencies do not want the Rafale or the Tejas deployed as having these provides the iaf with a significant ability to deter and punish, hence inducements were made to ensure the absence of the Rafale or tejas in iaf colours.
Arre baba, Kandahar hijack is still unavenged.

I hope # 44 Flying daggers is ready to draw blood now that its almost there.
And following that the attack on the Indian Parliament.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Meanwhile, MBS scoots b4 the airports and airspace close
A Day After Pulwama Attack, Saudi Crown Prince Cuts Short Pak Visit
Pulwama attack: Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman cut short his visit to Pakistan a day after a car bomb killed over 40 CRPF soldiers in Jammu and Kashmir.
Prince Mohammed will arrive in Pakistan on Sunday, sources said.
The Islamabad-based Board of Investment, which works under the aegis of Prime Minister Imran Khan, in a statement to invitees said the Pakistan-Saudi businesses conference scheduled on February 17 has been postponed. "Any inconvenience caused in this regard is highly regretted. The new dates of the meeting will be informed in due course of time after islamabad has been reconstructed with spacious and glowing parking lots ," it said.
In October last year, Saudi Arabia offered Pakistan a $6 billion loan to help keep its ailing economy afloat. Saudi Arabia has also announced plans for a $10 billion refinery and petrochemical complex at the coastal city of Gwadar, where China is building
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

syam wrote: Step-3 - Purge all anti-indian sentiments of Kashmir valley.
sudeepj wrote:
arshyam wrote: How exactly do we do this?
The fence on the LOC has gates in it.
True, and we can run free bus services to those who want to go. But most people would rather stay put and continue their nonsense in J&K. Hence my q, how exactly do we achieve this goal? And no govt will use extra-constitutional measures, so any solution has to account for that as well.
SBajwa wrote:
arshyam wrote: How exactly do we do this?
Revoke 370 and 35A. Give free land to people from UP/Bihar/etc. Move them in 100,000 batches!
This is an idea, but will take a long time to bear fruit: a decade plus, maybe two taking a native second generation into account. Till then, these people will have big targets painted on their backs, with the locals providing enthusiastic "lasing of the target". We should also be careful to address the Valley's demographics without spilling over to Jammu or Ladakh.

Not saying that I have better ideas, just trying to understand what are options really are. For, ultimately, without taking care of the ground sentiment, and bakis will have easy access to the mindspace here, and we can't fully focus on dealing with the bakis once and for all.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

UBCN flash:
Bin Salman's conference was postponed due to shortage of Pepto Bismol in Pindi.
The conference was rescheduled at the request of the staff of Prime Minister I'm RAN Khan, said Sheikh Hacksaw bin Khamel, official Palace spokesman in Jeddah. The PM is said to be suffering from intestinal cramps
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

One sh1t purged, another suspended, based on fB posts.
One Kashmiri Student Expelled, Another Suspended For Offensive Facebook Posts on Pulwama Attack
The student made the inflammatory remark while chatting with a fellow student on Facebook on Thursday.
Wonder what is the reaction in Godhra.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Whatever we want to say about the chinis, we can’t say they don’t know how to deal with terrorism or with the religion of peace in particular.

Cheen tracks every single one of them and then imprisons or eliminates whole families of potential religious terrorists.

https://gizmodo.com/leaky-database-reve ... 1832658367

Leaky Database Reveals Horrifying GPS Surveillance of China's Uyghur Muslims

Dell Cameron
Today 4:45pm

ZDNet reported Thursday that data-breach hunter Victor Gevers, whose work has largely involved unearthing publicly accessible but otherwise confidential databases, discovered what was described as “highly detailed and highly sensitive information” on the residents of Xinjiang. Among the descriptors

For each user, there was also a list of GPS coordinates, locations where that user had been seen.

The database also contained a list of “trackers” and associated GPS coordinates. Based on the company’s website, these trackers appear to be the locations of public cameras from where video had been captured and was being analyzed.
Some of the descriptive names associated with the “trackers” contained terms such as “mosque,” “hotel,” “police station,” “internet cafe,” “restaurant,” and other places where public cameras would normally be found.
Last edited by chola on 16 Feb 2019 09:17, edited 1 time in total.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

arshyam wrote: True, and we can run free bus services to those who want to go. But most people would rather stay put and continue their nonsense in J&K. Hence my q, how exactly do we achieve this goal? And no govt will use extra-constitutional measures, so any solution has to account for that as well.
Dont be naive. What was Selwa Judum? COIN is a brutal business.. Bhaya bin hoyin na preet.
arshyam wrote:
SBajwa wrote:
Revoke 370 and 35A. Give free land to people from UP/Bihar/etc. Move them in 100,000 batches!
This is an idea, but will take a long time to bear fruit: a decade plus, maybe two taking a native second generation into account. Till then, these people will have big targets painted on their backs, with the locals providing enthusiastic "lasing of the target". We should also be careful to address the Valley's demographics without spilling over to Jammu or Ladakh.
One problem/lament I have noticed in talking to some Kashmiri musalmaans is an oft repeated refrain (after all the azadi bs), '.. we want an end.. we want a solution to this.. solve this..'. This is a legit grievance, India has simply refused to apply the full spectrum of national strength to 'solve' the problem and bring finality and political certainty to their lives. This does not necessarily mean more freedom, it just means, they are neutrals who are caught in the conflict, and want an end so they can get on with their lives. And in that environment, its a lot easier to whine about India than the terrorists.. The army wont knock on your door at midnight for whining.

370/35A keep alive this notion that Kashmir is a separate, especial state of India and as long as its present, the secessionist tendency shall continue. Removing these laws by themselves will not do it, but if Kashmir is a political problem, then this is the only acceptable political solution, at least to me... A full and final integration with India. Of course, there are aspects of military, cultural and demographic finality too.. those will also be needed.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

salaam wrote:
Iyersan wrote:What would be the proposed timeframe for indian attack?
If you look at Pak media, it seems they gamed this one and are therefore ready. .
Pak Army/AF would have been on full alert hours/day(s) before the attack took place. It would have been a part of the preparation for the terrorist attack. Any Indian attack over the next several weeks/months will not have the element of surprise. There's no more scope for a surprise attack with few/no casualities. Modi has to decide whether the counter-attack will come before or after GE2019.
Last edited by SriKumar on 16 Feb 2019 09:30, edited 1 time in total.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

arshyam wrote:
syam wrote: Step-3 - Purge all anti-indian sentiments of Kashmir valley.
sudeepj wrote:
The fence on the LOC has gates in it.
True, and we can run free bus services to those who want to go. But most people would rather stay put and continue their nonsense in J&K. Hence my q, how exactly do we achieve this goal? And no govt will use extra-constitutional measures, so any solution has to account for that as well.
SBajwa wrote:

Not saying that I have better ideas, just trying to understand what are options really are. For, ultimately, without taking care of the ground sentiment, and bakis will have easy access to the mindspace here, and we can't fully focus on dealing with the bakis once and for all.

How long did it take Burma to reduce the musselman threat to Rakhine state? They reduced the wayward Bangladeshi population there by 60% in four month between August and December of 2017.

You don’t try to dilute them. You expel them en masse like the Burmese.
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

Live brodcast of the funerals being shown on Republic TV. Very sad and touching, huge crowds at the final rites

https://www.republicworld.com/livetv
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

chetak wrote:
madhu wrote: What is 44? 56 i got.
the number of dead??

that's what the biatch is on about.

imagine this vile creature becoming a mother one day, if not one already??
She is deputy editor of (what else) NDTV !
Wink and nod from the NDTV bosses probably.
I've asked my local cable operator - for what it is worth, to remove NDTV and run a scroller explaining why.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

recently taking advantage of the TRAI guidelines on selecting individual channels, I got NDTV permanently off my portfolio in tata sky.
you just need to login to their website, and select exactly what you want. my cable bill reduced from 600 to 400.

Saurav Jha
@SJha1618
14h14 hours ago
More
I am sorry to say but some sections of the Indian media are doing 'poignant profiles' of 19-year old Adil Ahmed Dar. This is not reportage but thinly veiled eulogism that would make Amaq News Agency (ISIS) proud.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

a short video of the place 40 IRGC members in a bus were attacked by a suicide bomber in iranian side of baluchistan

https://en.muraselon.com/2019/02/irania ... de-attack/
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Deans wrote:
chetak wrote:
the number of dead??

that's what the biatch is on about.

imagine this vile creature becoming a mother one day, if not one already??
She is deputy editor of (what else) NDTV !
Wink and nod from the NDTV bosses probably.
I've asked my local cable operator - for what it is worth, to remove NDTV and run a scroller explaining why.
In many cities, cases have already been filed against such posters but none in the case of such urban naxals and traitors.

How is it that runditv recruits only such filth?? Its content is less than mediocre and its staff is eminently ordinary.

such visceral hatred for the country and its democratically elected representatives by a specific channel and its employees is unheard of and one wonders which BIF/who is actually pushing this agenda.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

UlanBatori wrote:One sh1t purged, another suspended, based on fB posts.
One Kashmiri Student Expelled, Another Suspended For Offensive Facebook Posts on Pulwama Attack
The student made the inflammatory remark while chatting with a fellow student on Facebook on Thursday.
Wonder what is the reaction in Godhra.
why no case against nidhi sethi, the urban naxal cockroach??
Last edited by chetak on 16 Feb 2019 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 288338.eceImage
Constable C. Sivachandran made a call to his wife Gandhimathi residing at Karkudi village in Ariyalur district on Thursday.

A doting father, Sivachandran had called to enquire about his two-year-old son, Sivamuniyan.
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 288324.ece

Subramanian, who always loved ‘uniformed services’, joined the CRPF five years ago after completing ITI. He was shifted to Jammu and Kashmir following his service at Uttar Pradesh and Chennai. When he had come to Savalaaperi for ‘Pongal’, he celebrated ‘thalai Pongal’ with wife Krishnaveni at Venkatachalapuram, and actively took part in the sports events organised as part of ‘Pongal’ celebrations.
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

Please do post these profiles. Rest in peace heroes.
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 284161.ece

Jawan H. Guru, 33, had plans of taking voluntary retirement from service and settling down at Gudigere Colony near Maddur, but that was not to be. He was one of the 40 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel killed in the militant attack at Pulwama in Srinagar on Thursday.

His stunned family is now waiting for the mortal remains to arrive in the village. The martyred jawan, eldest son of Honnaiah and Chikkolamma who run a dobhi shop, joined the CRPF in 2011. He had married Kalavathi just 10 months ago.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

India’s response is inevitable. They need to wait.....let the Pakis sweat. I have no doubt it is coming.

And thank you USA for the support. It is important.

It is significant that Pakistan has made no mention of its atami takat. Whether it was a rogue operation or not is irrelevant.

The best response for India would be to occupy its own territory in Baltistan. And immediately merge it with the newly created Ladakh administrative unit.

But there are frantic placatory messages being sent from slumbad to be sure.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Absolutely zero doubt that a massive thappad is on its way and Poaks in Isloo are sweating it out and making frantic calls everywhere.

If it was any other govt, I would have had my doubts but with the current folks at the helm, I have no doubt that lots of stuff is cooking
ashthor
BRFite

Post by ashthor »

Any new of bum bari at the border?
Shankas
BRFite

Post by Shankas »

Massive self-organized protest across Mumbai. Thousands of people on the streets and train tracks.
Common man wants blood. The expectations are for massive retaliation and this public showing of anger is going to encourage and force the hands of both the army and politicians to enhance the size and scope of payback.

It would be great if this protest gathers momentum across the entire nation.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

From Wikipedia.
The Kashmir Valley, also known as the Vale of Kashmir, is a valley in the portion of the Jammu and Kashmir state of India. The valley is bounded on the southwest by the Pir Panjal Range and on the northeast by the main Himalayas range. It is approximately 135 km long and 32 km wide, and drained by the Jhelum River.[3]

Kashmir division is one of the three administrative divisions of the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. The Kashmir division borders Jammu Division to the south and Ladakh to the east while Line of Control forms its northern and the western border. The division consists of the following districts: Anantnag, Baramulla, Budgam, Bandipore, Ganderbal, Kupwara, Kulgam, Pulwama, Shopian and Srinagar.[8]

Area
• Total 15,948 km2 (6,158 sq mi)
Dimensions
• Length 135[3] km (83.885 mi)
• Width 32[3] km (19.884 mi)
Elevation 1,620[3] m (5,314 ft)
Population (2011[4])
• Total 6,907,622[4]
• Density 450.06/km2 (1,165.7/sq mi)

To put

How do we dilute the peaceful content from this area to manageable levels? The area is small, just like chechnya, but the population is 5 times more. How much will it cost to build a fully secure, fully access controlled, walled city of 500 thousand to 1 million? Is this even practicle? Can we isolate the rabid from the truly moderate India loving muslims in these secure cities? Can we find converts among them for gharwapsi?

Will things get easier if we can punish pakis at will, bomb the heck out of them, break them up, cut off support to Kashmiri terrorists and force them to submit to Indian law?

Will we be to do any of these in say 10 years from now, or 20 years from now?

For me, its obvious brute force is the way to go. But at point of time can we do it with impunity?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Brute force "push them out" / Forceful "Ghar wapsi" will have repercussions outside the vale of Kashmir because it WILL signal state action against Muslims and not just terrorist. Will signal Muslims in the rest of India that they too are not safe from a future state action of similar nature.

Impossible without inciting a civil war sooner or later all over India.

First step when thinking of getting out of a hole is not to dig more. Do not expand a problem. Just withdraw the concessions the state has given in the name of Kashmiriyat and Insanayit to the terror sympathizer and over the ground workers. Deal with a firm hand.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Brute force would be against visible acts of violence like stone pelting. Gharwapsi will never be brute force.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Please read this thread.

https://twitter.com/d_jaishankar/status ... 7022496769
Dhruva Jaishankar

Verified account

@d_jaishankar
Follow Follow @d_jaishankar
More
Last night, I was in an Indian television studio, where the anchor was asking why India doesn't do more to punish Pakistan economically. When will things change? The short answer - and something many Indians don't realise - is that it has.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Terrorism seems to run in families in Kashmir. We have seen multiple examples of this, for instance, this latest loser had a cousin who was a terrorist. There are parallels in other societies.. E.g.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3969807/

The 1 % of the population accountable for 63 % of all violent crime convictions

Purpose
Population-based studies on violent crime and background factors may provide an understanding of the relationships between susceptibility factors and crime. We aimed to determine the distribution of violent crime convictions in the Swedish population 1973–2004 and to identify criminal, academic, parental, and psychiatric risk factors for persistence in violent crime.

Method
The nationwide multi-generation register was used with many other linked nationwide registers to select participants. All individuals born in 1958–1980 (2,393,765 individuals) were included. Persistent violent offenders (those with a lifetime history of three or more violent crime convictions) were compared with individuals having one or two such convictions, and to matched non-offenders. Independent variables were gender, age of first conviction for a violent crime, nonviolent crime convictions, and diagnoses for major mental disorders, personality disorders, and substance use disorders.

Results
A total of 93,642 individuals (3.9 %) had at least one violent conviction. The distribution of convictions was highly skewed; 24,342 persistent violent offenders (1.0 % of the total population) accounted for 63.2 % of all convictions. Persistence in violence was associated with male sex (OR 2.5), personality disorder (OR 2.3), violent crime conviction before age 19 (OR 2.0), drug-related offenses (OR 1.9), nonviolent criminality (OR 1.9), substance use disorder (OR 1.9), and major mental disorder (OR 1.3).

Conclusions
The majority of violent crimes are perpetrated by a small number of persistent violent offenders, typically males, characterized by early onset of violent criminality, substance abuse, personality disorders, and nonviolent criminality.
This may not be directly applicable to Kashmir, but is certainly worth exploring if supported by data in Kashmir, and not just such anecdotes. Such 1-2-5% families must be extirpated from Kashmir. Force them to leave for Pakistan, make them destitute, destroy their seed. Combined with decisive victories over Pakistani Army, an exploding Indian economy, correct cultural impulses, the rest of the people will change and go with the victor.

5% of a 6 million population is 3 lakhs. 1% is a mere 60,000. We dont need them here. And there is a precedent for Hijrat in their religion. Let them go.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

1) a few well placed IED's during funerals will be a good start 2) hurrirats car exploding in firebombs a good second 3) will have to think at take out terrorists families ( replicate what Putin did and what was done in punjab..the families ran for cover all over india and were hunted down). I think families of terrorists should be given ultimatum and safe passage across LOC. The property land etc can be distributed among the informers etc ! d) no mercy to stone pelters going forward e) a check on maluvis and imams of mosque..anyone peddling wrong ideas is wajub ul katl .
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

The best way to solve Kashmir problem is to start a covert blackops to eliminate pro pak terror sympathisers first in Kashmir then in rest of the country irrespective of their background and party
Once you start removing these the society will become normal and it becomes easy to reorganise and resettle things as required
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

the explosive used was about 80kg of RDX as per this report. it is datelined the 15 feb 2019

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 016262.cms
the officials said a post-blast investigation conducted by security agencies has found that "high-grade RDX" of about 80 kilogram was detonated in the blast that was carried out by a Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) terrorist after he rammed his explosive laden SUV into the ill-fated bus--HR 49 F 0637--from the left side.
menon s
BRFite

Post by menon s »

menon s wrote:Well if the youth are feeling alienated, then why? is the rate of actionable intelligence growing so fast?
The next step is a wave of suicide attacks on our forces by militants, thats for sure.
If we know thats coming a strategy needs to be in place to counter it.

I had predicted this wave of suicide attacks, as far as Dec 17th 2018........on the J&K forum.
Feeling very sad that my prediction happened!

But on the other hand,suicide bombings happen at the last dregs of any insurgency.....you will have men as suicide bombers and then women and children too....! and then for some unknown reason...everything becomes cold.

So the next ten or so years, i feel the wave of suicide attacks will happen everywhere inside J&K

Stick strictly to SOPs.....dont get carried away by....emotions targeting the goodness within us. Afterall its the a game of willpower.

The will of a billion plus Indians vs psychos from 7th century AD.gy

DONOT PRESSURE THE GOI TO RECOIL IN REVENGE.

The strategy to limit Pakistan, is already in place when the PM said...."surgical strikes are not enough"....