Pulwama Attack

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Re: Pulwama Attack

Post by pankajs »

Ok ... just had this thought.

If India is planning a retaliation it has to be prepared for escalation too. Planning to hit without the thought of what comes after is foolishness and that planning has to consider multiple rounds of back and forth leading up to even a small scale border war.

All this means is that it is better to take time with the initial response than to be found wanting if there is a response to the response and so on and so forth.
brvarsh
BRFite

Post by brvarsh »

venug wrote:In retaliation how about taking out Gwadar port. It will be a message also to China to stop supporting Terrorism. It has invested billions as we already know and it will hit TSP’s current economic jugular vein as it sees it.
No - not at this time. Gwadar is Pakistan's demise on its own. Its not going anywhere but sinking Pakistan with its own weight. If India takes out Gwadar now a weight would be lifted from Pakistan's chest that in its loss it will become a very useful tool for them. We take one thing at a time but it is clear to make it stop we need to go in and take the war on Pakistan's soil.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

CRamS wrote:The battle with TSP is on so many fronts, and military is only one of them. But India's fault lines are the biggest weapon in TSP's arsenal. I am already seeing on twitter, our own Paki pasand traitors (combine of politicians, media, and other elites) and RW/nationalists are at each other. And then our stupid, useless, TV channels and media showing kith and kin of martyrs wailing and weeping, its gut wrenching. But watching this, needless to say, Pakis have scored a massive victory. I am sure they cannot control their adrenaline rush. Their Jihadi army is ready for ultimate 'sacrifice'. Under the circumstances, launch of any military operations now will only worsen India's woes.

I feel the immediate problem now is closer to home and I told you guys this aeons ago. There is a huge, I mean, huge constituency in India for whom BJP/RSS is the bigger enemy that must be defeated. This is what TSP is harnessing through these attacks. I mean look at some twitter lines and opinions of some elites, roughly speaking, their views goes along these lines: BJP made an opportunistic alliance with PDP for 'grabbing power'. Their Hinduthva is offensive to Muslims and Kashmir Muslims (KMs). The Modi/Doval doctrine has alienated KMs further. "BJP/RSS supported Lynchings by cow vigilantis" has destoryed the social fabric". So you see the narrative being built up:

The entire TSP/ISI conspiracy to break India through Islamic terror, the fascist Islamic separatist mindset among KMs who have thwarted (with TSP) every rapprochement rest of India has attempted them; all of that has been upended to the 'perils' of BJP coming to power and Hinduthva.

Thus, before we even begin to tackle TSP, Indians en masse must even reject the above concocted, fraudulent, dangerous narrative, and elect BJP/ModiJi back to power. But if like even after act of war like 26/11, Indian public voted Congoons, I have told it to you here, and I am repeating, Kashmir valley will be given up by India under the guise of 'secularism' and 'peace'. This is what TSP is aiming for.
Sorry ... I don't know what you watch or whom your follow. You need to get out of that eco chamber.

1. India is more united on this attack than anyone except for Mumbai 2008. A few leftist TSP pasand will not chnage the narrative no matter what they shout in their own echo chambers. Proof is Sidhu being taken down form the TV show.

2. Only in your convoluted world view the bakis have "scored a massive victory". Even the leftlib TSP pasand folks know that this time bakis have miscalculated and are going to get it. Was just watching Coupta the very same who assured the bakis that he/journos of India will take care of NaMo. This was his views. Just check the headline.

Suicidal Pakistan should know Modi may not be scared of their nuclear button
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... s?from=mdr
After Pulwama attack: Military puts all cards on the table
As demonstrated in the aftermath of the Uri attack, no options are now off the table when it comes to retaliation for attacks in Kashmir. Though the likely area of conflict is expected to remain within Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK), the growing point of view is that sustained pressure can now only be created by punitive action on the Pakistani military and not just terror groups that are treated as expendable assets.

“Only when the Pakistani military gets affected will it believe that pushing terrorism is not worth it.

Hitting terror camps is messaging but the real pressure has to come upon the Pakistani army itself,” Lt Gen (retd)DS Hooda, the former Northern Army Commander, who oversaw the surgical strikes post the Uri attack, told ET.

While aerial strikes or a Brahmos missile attack against precise targets is an option, increasing pressure along the LoC is a possible step to convey intent. Sources say that there already has been a sustained, high stakes cross-border duel along the LoC in the Rajouri-Poonch sector.

Troops deployed on the border have been exchanging small arms fire for over a month, including several incidents of sniping that have scaled up tensions.

At the highest end of the spectrum would be a larger operation to make the LoC safer and more secure against infiltration in the future.

The last measure for this was the border fence that came up after the 2003 ceasefire. A more sustainable option could be to take back troublesome enclaves and posts that have been notorious as crossing points for terrorist.

Vulnerable points such as Bhimber Gali could be made more secure with such operations to realign the LoC but would come at high cost, given heavy defences that have existed for decades along the border.

The most strategic of targets along the LoC is considered to be the Haji Pir pass that connects the towns of Poonch and Uri. The heavily guarded bulge was captured by Indian forces in the 1965 war but was returned as part of the post-war pact and still haunts the armed forces as it is used extensively to push in terrorist.

Military leaders, however, point out that such an action would scale up the conflict beyond just ‘limited operations’.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

If you go by the history, when Vajpayee put a lot of pressure in 2001, the ISI created Godhra, which eased pressure on them. Now ISI is desperate to create Godhra like situation in south India, most probably in Kerala. If we don't close the Pakistani embassies in India and also in Sri Lanka, within a week, something big is going to happen in south India.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Is there any nuke sabre rattling from the baki side yet?

If not ask yourself why? Why have the bakis deviated from their tried and tested formula? What is holding them back?
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Mollick.R wrote:
4. The message you posted is a fake and hoax. Its under circulation from from 2016 & after complain by a famous blogger (i think his name is Shivam Mishra) Police & MOD both became active and FIR was registered.
^ ? can you please share the details..

As per the official websites of the Syndicate bank and the Army Veterans, the account is genuine and the details are available on the syndicate bank website as well as the official Army veterans website

What it is for is 'to pay financial assistance/grant to widows of our Battle Casualties, their next of kin and dependents'

What it is NOT for is 'purchasing weapons for army'
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

Read in several posts that we don't have any leverage against the Chinese. Totally disagree. We have massive leverage:

Economic - China is an export driven economy with India one of the largest importers of all things Chinese from investments in firms to stuff in supermarkets. I have called this out to our administration. Tariffs on Chinese imports have gone up to protect domestic firms and prevent China from flooding Indian markets as they did in US. As a result Chinese imports have peaked out. Now people need to do their bit and stop buying this crap. It shall hit them hard because they are not doing well economically inside, are getting massive push back from Uncle Sam, and now EU. India should provide the final nail. 500 million unemployed people is not good news for any country and that too when they have seen prosperity over last 30 years.

Military - China does not have any friends except Pakistan, NKorea, perhaps Russia. People who have been attracted by some money are now finding out what actually that means, as Maldives did. And one can always count on Tibetans. That is massive leverage in any war. Icy heights of Tibet make all machines equally ineffective and its eventually infantry that shall win wars. Add to this that Chinese are rootless people. Cultural revolution destroyed all connection with past meaning Chinese don't have anything worthwhile to fight for, least of it freedom. We have 5000 years of heritage and freedom that we fought for. India is the bulwark again Muslim expansion, in fact I hold the view that India stopped Islam in its tracks else whole of Asia would have been run over by Islam. People talk about Balochistan, I say put in plan to free Tibet. If Chinese tanks can speed down their highways towards India, Indian tanks can also use the same highways to free Tibet.

Masood Azhar is small fry, I call for dismemberment of China through Tibet.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Stand with Tibet! I do.
https://www.savetibet.org/
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Guys, I got this stupid email from American Telugu Association:

'American Telugu Association'
Deeply CONDEMNS to Martyrs
of Pulwama Terror Attack'

What does it even mean? Did they mean 'CONDOLES'?
Anyway I called them and left a nasty message. Here is their number:
1-844-ATA-SEVA (1 -844-272-7382)
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Aditya_V wrote:Every time there is attack we get knee jerk simplistic responses which get forgotten, Pakistan will not behave as long it lasts. Yes we need a response, lets not get into Hyperbole and self flagellation. Population transfers are impossible.
Sorry but the India and Pakistan we have today were created from population transfer.

They fully transferred ours. But we didn’t theirs.

That can and should be fixed.
Last edited by chola on 16 Feb 2019 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Last edited by chetak on 16 Feb 2019 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

saip wrote:Guys, I got this stupid email from American Telugu Association:

'American Telugu Association'
Deeply CONDEMNS to Martyrs
of Pulwama Terror Attack'

What does it even mean? Did they mean 'CONDOLES'?
Anyway I called them and left a nasty message. Here is their number:
1-844-ATA-SEVA (1 -844-272-7382)
thinking in telugu and literally translating to english.

It like a hindi speaking and thinking in hindi guy saying

" I am going to remove my photograph "

when what he actually meant to say was

"I am going to get myself photographed".
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Iran announces air forces exercises in Chabahar in 48 hours. Indian Air Force sending team to observe and for military planning purposes.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

https://www.aninews.in/news/national/ge ... 216202946/

basic customs duty on all goods imported from TSP raised to 200% wef
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

I disagree with Coupta in one big way. He does have some good points. But his effusive slavish eulogization of Uneven and using his quote that TSP negotiates with the rest of the world with a gun pointed at its head is utter balderdash. Maybe TSP does so with its 3.5, but not with India. With India it is in your face aggressiveness daring India for a fight. I mean tell me for which countless attacks on India has TSP paid any price (except that one off embarassemen for the surgical strike). And how was that suicidal? No need to regurgitate what we all know, but that same Uneven b@stard has has been the biggest advocate of equal equal, and has never every called TSP a fountainhead of terror. Instead the usual equal equal sophistry using pedantic arguments.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

funeral of the IRGC killed in Iran - hopefully the iranians will turn some of their considerable energies in hybrid war to baluchistan and start funneling aid to the oppressed peasants and freedom fighters there.

https://twitter.com/Tasnimnews_EN/statu ... 7353348096
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Babak Taghvaee@BabakTaghvaee
Follow Follow @BabakTaghvaee
More
#BREAKING: According to #Iran Air Force commander, the 10th Tactical Fighter Base in #Chabahar SE. #Iran is now getting prepared for an exercise to host #IRIAF fighter jets which will be deployed there in 48 hours. Also #Indian Air Force military aircraft will use the base!
Any guesses, or it's too obvious what the plan is?
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

This is a tweet thread to ponder over
What was the key objective #pulwama ? Was it to draw India into the Afpak chessboard, draw India into middle east quagmire
Was it to dampen relations between India & Pakistan & exit India from the space (investments & play)
Was it to elicit a reaction that the enemy could counter

https://twitter.com/07LKM/status/1096771061893525504
ParGha
BRFite

Post by ParGha »

@Karan, what LTG Panag discussed is not anything new or secret. It has been in public domain since at least 2004.

Not-So-Fun-Fact: One of the first operational missions for Rafale was to fly interpositional patrols between India and Pakistan in 2002, to prevent just such an operation from being executed by the Indians.

Fun Fact: The LC straightening mission even gets a fictional mention here (viewtopic.php?p=129983#p129983), along with a Brigadier Shivi Randhawa with uncanny resemblance to Brigadier (later LTG) Panag. What with both of them being mechanized infantrymen, pioneering combat groups in Ladakh, etc. I'll let Y.I. Patel confirm or deny it.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Deputy Foreign Minister of Islamic Republic of Iran
Iran & India suffered from two heinous terrorist attacks in the past few days resulted in big casualties. Today in my meeting with Sushma Swaraj the Indian FM, when she had a stopover in Tehran, we agreed on close cooperation to combat terrorism in the region. Enough is enough!
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

any news from Napaki land on their preparations..any movements... any chaiwalla news??
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

ParGha wrote:Not-So-Fun-Fact: One of the first operational missions for Rafale was to fly interpositional patrols between India and Pakistan in 2002, to prevent just such an operation from being executed by the Indians.
Yup, charles de gaulle was in Arabian Sea at that time.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/maryashakil/status/ ... 2999751681
Marya Shakil Verified account @maryashakil

Strong words coming from the PM. For the third time in 24 hours, @narendramodi says ‘I understand the pain of the familes. I understand the anger of the people. The sacrifices of our braverhearts won’t go in vain. The forces have a free hand. The perpetrators will be punished.’
Words have consequences and Modi knows it better than most.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

^^^
Pakistan has gone in a state of high alert, background interviews with PM House, defence and FO officials confirm.

There is no official directive available bcoz this might create “panic” say officials on condition of anonymity & send economic shock waves. Also with the Saudi Crown Prince arriving tomorrow on an already delayed visit, a formal communication could complicate the situation.

However, all sensitive installations, border with India, LOC, LAC and even western border forces with Afghanistan are now in the highest alert mode.

Internal disruption such as terrorism on critical infrastructure and high profile attacks are also on the radar.

From raids across the border to missile launches to waves of terrorism, say officials, Pakistan is intently watching a full range of eventualities. “We are not leaving anything to chance and hopefully the Indians know that”, said one official.

Interestingly, while PM Imran Khan is “generally aware of the situation” but has neither been given nor has sought detailed briefings on this count.

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Primus wrote:
Mollick.R wrote:Dear Sirs,
please take a note, another avenue opened up to contribute for martyrs families.

Paytm have started showing an option to contribute to CRPF WIVES WELFARE ASSOCIATION.

Mollick Ji, any options for NRIs living abroad? Bharat Ke Veer does not work from the US, neither do the other portals you've mentioned. There is something I received from a WA group, I am posting it here. Is this for real or some sort of scam?

Pay only Rs1/- (Ruppe one only)
Like never before, The Modi government has started a new scheme exclusively for Indian Army Battle Casualties and Weapon Purchase.
The government has opened bank account where people can donate funds directly to Army Welfare Account which will be used for purchasing weapons to the Indian Army and providing facilities for war casualties.
People had suggested Government to open bank account to collect funds exclusively for battle casualties and purchasing weapons for army, the Modi government has accepted the suggestion and opened an account in Syndicate Bank, New Delhi for the same. The most attractive feature of this scheme is, people can donate the smallest amount of ONE Rupee. Master Stroke by Modi Government
A country’s population of 130 crore of which even 100 crore people (70%) deposit One Rupee Each, the ministry will get 100 crores/day, 3000 crores/month and 36000 crores/year.
36,000 Crore which is greater than Pakistan’s total defence expenditure.
We spend hundreds and thousands of rupees on many unnecessary expenditure, but if we can spend ONE RUPEE on army, it can surely make India a SUPER POWER.
The money will directly reach the defence ministry for army benefit and war casualties. This is the most unique idea to help our army Jawans who have lost life in battle fields.
Come together, show solidarity to our DEFENCE FORCES, PARA MILITARY FORCE and CRPF.
JOIN THE MISSION TO MAKE INDIA A SUPER POWER!
Bank Details:
SYNDICATE BANK
A/C NAME: ARMY WELFARE FUND BATTLE CASUALTIES
A/C NO: 90552010165915
IFSC CODE: SYNB0009055
SOUTH EXTENSION BRANCH,NEW DELHI.
Apparently this is fake. Donate only through a government website, ending either with gov.in or nic.in. Best is to go to any such site from India.gov.in.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

chola wrote:
Cain Marko wrote: where exactly? Pok? How? Starting a pogrom? Even if you do so, it won't help. On the contrary it has the potential to enflame Muslims across the country and internationally as well. I think the Israeli example is not applicable here. Conditions are totally different although lessons can be learnt of a different nature

A far better Israeli thing to do would be to take out key military centers in tsp. Hit them hard, hit them in their home. Let the decision makers feel the heat.

Symptomatic responses will serve no purpose other than cause more symptoms. It's like poison ivy, the more you scratch, the more you itch.
Yes, the POK. Overcrowd it with starving muzzies like the border between Bangladesh and Burma. Let them deal with the chits.

If any are so easily inflamed then their families should have gone to Pakistan in the first place and we should truck their clans to the Paki frontier and send them on their way.

The Israeli gov giving them the parts of West Bank (taken from Jordan) and Gaza (taken from Egypt) were to separate this dangerous population from the rest of the Israelis.
Too much effort and messy with few real results. For all of their broggadacio the Israelis are in no better situation than India in an area that is much smaller than Kashmir and without half the challenges that India has

Far better to go after the root of the issue - tsp. If we attack directly, the whole country will come together, Muslims included. And so will the runditv types. Without a doubt. And if the tsp establishment can be punished, these meddlesome idiots in Kashmir will be very easily handled.

Solution is straightforward. Stop beating around the bush and go for the real target. And this time uri type action will not work. Something more dramatic and unpredictable should be the order of the day.

It is a win win with almost no downside. And yes it'll probably get there bjp reelected as a side effect too.
Last edited by Cain Marko on 16 Feb 2019 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Karthik S wrote:
ParGha wrote:Not-So-Fun-Fact: One of the first operational missions for Rafale was to fly interpositional patrols between India and Pakistan in 2002, to prevent just such an operation from being executed by the Indians.
Yup, charles de gaulle was in Arabian Sea at that time.
Yes let them bring their rust bucket now. India didn't have the mki or brahmos in those days...
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Mollick.R wrote:
Primus wrote:

Mollick Ji, any options for NRIs living abroad? Bharat Ke Veer does not work from the US, neither do the other portals you've mentioned. There is something I received from a WA group, I am posting it here. Is this for real or some sort of scam?

Pay only Rs1/- (Ruppe one only)
Like never before, The Modi government has started a new scheme exclusively for Indian Army Battle Casualties and Weapon Purchase.
The government has opened bank account where people can donate funds directly to Army Welfare Account which will be used for purchasing weapons to the Indian Army and providing facilities for war casualties.
People had suggested Government to open bank account to collect funds exclusively for battle casualties and purchasing weapons for army, the Modi government has accepted the suggestion and opened an account in Syndicate Bank, New Delhi for the same. The most attractive feature of this scheme is, people can donate the smallest amount of ONE Rupee. Master Stroke by Modi Government
A country’s population of 130 crore of which even 100 crore people (70%) deposit One Rupee Each, the ministry will get 100 crores/day, 3000 crores/month and 36000 crores/year.
36,000 Crore which is greater than Pakistan’s total defence expenditure.
We spend hundreds and thousands of rupees on many unnecessary expenditure, but if we can spend ONE RUPEE on army, it can surely make India a SUPER POWER.
The money will directly reach the defence ministry for army benefit and war casualties. This is the most unique idea to help our army Jawans who have lost life in battle fields.
Come together, show solidarity to our DEFENCE FORCES, PARA MILITARY FORCE and CRPF.
JOIN THE MISSION TO MAKE INDIA A SUPER POWER!
Bank Details:
SYNDICATE BANK
A/C NAME: ARMY WELFARE FUND BATTLE CASUALTIES
A/C NO: 90552010165915
IFSC CODE: SYNB0009055
SOUTH EXTENSION BRANCH,NEW DELHI.

Sir
Im not sure about method(s) working outside desh.

Suggest you or other members staying outside desh to try those combinations & see if any one of them working

1. Use a "reliable" proxy server to access bharatkeyveer and see if it's working (unreliable proxy server may expose your netbanking credentials to unintended 3rd parties).

2. Try browsing through TOR and see if it works.

3. You may ask some friends or relatives in india to contribute on your behalf and you settle the due amount by netbanking/cash/wire transfer etc at a later stage.

4. The message you posted is a fake and hoax. Its under circulation from from 2016 & after complain by a famous blogger (i think his name is Shivam Mishra) Police & MOD both became active and FIR was registered.
Thanks Mollick Ji. Bharat Ke Veer can't be accessed from the US. Browser on my Mac (Chrome or Safari) does not get anywhere - keep getting 'this site cannot be accessed' message. And I am not familiar with using 'reliable proxy servers'.

Option 3 may work for me, problem in the past has been the raised eyebrows when they see how much I want to donate (to temples in Banaras for example). Relatives in India think we NRIs have too much money when the truth is they actually have more, just do not want to spend it on such causes. I am trying to follow my Jewish partner's example, he gives 10% of his earnings to Jewish causes every year. If I can even do half of that I would consider myself fortunate.

I did think Option 4 was fake, but since I just got it today, thought I would verify.

I may make a trip to India soon, hopefully can make a donation directly then. Thanks for your help. Was hoping for some other way from the US so people who want to donate could do so.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Why not selectively use this opportunity to increase the customs duty of at least 100 Chinese items to 200 percent using the same logic..since they don't support us they are against us ..this needs to happen .. Pakistan = China proxy .
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

arshyam wrote: Apparently this is fake. Donate only through a government website, ending either with gov.in or nic.in. Best is to go to any such site from India.gov.in.
Can you pls. recheck

The official websites of Syndicate bank and the Army Veterans associations do mention it
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

manjgu wrote:any news from Napaki land on their preparations..any movements... any chaiwalla news??
https://twitter.com/ShivAroor/status/10 ... 1810589696
Shiv Aroor Verified account @ShivAroor

Pakistan on high alert. All posts. All units. All formations. Guilty gutter trash.
vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

Lilo wrote:This is a tweet thread to ponder over
What was the key objective #pulwama ? Was it to draw India into the Afpak chessboard, draw India into middle east quagmire
Was it to dampen relations between India & Pakistan & exit India from the space (investments & play)
Was it to elicit a reaction that the enemy could counter

https://twitter.com/07LKM/status/1096771061893525504
Is there air defence for the Indian consulates in Afg.? at least the ones not co-located with other western embassies
Prashanth_R
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Prashanth_R »

Customs on Pakistan imports increased 200%

https://www.republicworld.com/india-new ... ror-attack
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

This is a great time for a jhapad ... Given when they are fully prepared for it and are nevertheless helpless to prevent it. Sends a message.

India will consider all your nom uniformed terrorists as regulars and here on any terrorist attack will mean that all tsp army resources and men are fair game.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

There is Fake News being peddled by Subramaniam Swamy and his followers(the Swamytards) that Army jawans were "court marshalled" and are currently imprisoned in Tihar. Maj Gaurav Arya is also replicating Swamy's fake claims.Swamy's claims have been categorically denied by the Army brass repeatedly.
Lt General Hooda confirmed there was neither a court martial(i.e no prosecution was authorized) nor were security personnel imprisoned in relation to the case. The then General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Northern Command, Hooda had publicly apologised after the incident, adding that the “Army took full responsibility for the deaths,” The Indian Express reported.
https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... pensation/
https://twitter.com/atahasnain53/status ... 7166389248
https://www.thequint.com/news/webqoof/b ... fact-check
Who authorised the prosecution of our army jawans who in 2014 shot at a Maruti car which smashed through three check points without stopping? That person is responsible for this latest SUV to get near the convoy killing 37 CRPF jawans. The army jawans are still in jail

https://twitter.com/Swamy39/status/1096644418382295040
It is now clear that Pulwama massacre of 37 army jawans was due to the 2014 government order not stop at any vehicle at any check point. This Order came because one Maruti was fired at by army and these jawans were prosecuted are still in jail.

https://twitter.com/Swamy39/status/1096378937356107776
We must be extremely careful of Swamy and his public posing's for his followers as he has a clear past record of anti-India actions for personal gains.
Swamy was responsible for No Confidence Motion against ABV just before the Kargil War when there was daily shelling across the border and an unofficial border war was already underway.Finally the war was fought & won by the care taker govt headed by ABV.
Last edited by Lilo on 16 Feb 2019 22:45, edited 3 times in total.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

vasu raya wrote:
Lilo wrote:This is a tweet thread to ponder over
Is there air defence for the Indian consulates in Afg.? at least the ones not co-located with other western embassies
No need to ponder such nit picky questions imvho... Response should be more strategic and drastic. It doesn't matter what their tactics are, time to let them know that we set the rules and the playing field here. Nothing they can do about it. Period.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

What happened to Iranians? Are they so defanged that they have still not retaliated against pakis killing 27 revolutionary guards?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Been reading, watching and listening to various discussions since the attack

war is not an option is repeated often.

I am not a warmonger but if it is to happen, let it.

We all know of the dreadful consequences.

One thought struck me from something I read somewhere.

war is not an option

wasn't this the basic premise that set in motion the Mahabharata??

and unleashed the Kurukshetra war??

from war is not an option it finally became war is the only option.

The finality of this only option was always inescapable right from the beginning.
Last edited by chetak on 16 Feb 2019 22:52, edited 1 time in total.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

No knee jerk reactions.

Something has to be done for optics. Removal of MFN, downgrading of relations (and concomitant cancellation of visits/visas), war exercises, possibly a couple of shallow strikes are all good for optics.

The long term problem will continue to simmer. As the fair Dr Fair said (in my understanding), there will be some amount of casualties on our side to keep Pakis in isolation, while our economies diverge and Kashmir eventually departs everyone's radar and resolves itself.

What should we do now? Dig, dig, dig. Dig a massive canal system to divert our due Indus waters. Build a remote control operated sluice gate. Button in the hands of PM. Next time this happens, PM pushes a button and turns off their water. This is the kind of long-term Chanakyan thinking needed here, not spur of the moment emotional stuff because you win a war at a time and place of your choosing, not the enemy's.