Pulwama Attack

chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: Pulwama Attack

Post by chetak »

krishGo wrote:How sensible is retaking Gilgit Baltistan (or some parts of it) as a reply ? Due to the terrain, it's obviously much more challenging than raiding accross the Kashmiri part of PoK, but will also mean Pakistan will not be anticipating such an attack. I remember reading how something like this could be done in the possible military scenarios thread, which I cant find anymore
and now, you have gone and revealed it all.

Thus alerted, they will be waiting for us now.
Arima
BRFite

Post by Arima »

chetak wrote:
Prashanth_R wrote:NDTV started setting new narration now that main opposition parties are not supporting strong action against Pak. So that they can blame Modi directly if anything goes wrong in future.

I think it will not impact decision making of Modi. But still I wonder how these idiots are so loyal to their masters even after facing backlash everyday.
The humongous public reactions of the aam janta to the funerals of these slain CRPF soldiers is scaring the crap out of the opposition.

I had posted these very hypotheses a few pages back.

The soldiers could have been cremated in cashmere with full military honours but they have been taken to their homes. No one would have said anything had they been cremated in cashmere itself because of the extensively damaged bodies after the blast.

The congis/commies have quietly instigated this new twist because of their huge fear of being upstaged by Modi and runditv has taken the lead.

The real fear of all the parties is that Modi could well prepone the elections and sink all their ships without firing even a single salvo.

I really wish that Modi calls early elections.
election notification is only days away. no more early elections.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

CRamS wrote:Guys, I maybe wrong, but has anybody seen any editorials or op-eds in US rags like NYT or WP, official mouthpieces of US when it comes to foreign policy? Reason I ask is usually, in the aftermath of their TSP munna''s grizly terror attack on India like Pulwama, there will be editorial pieces with inputs from CIA/Pentagon, along with some deracinated Uncle Tom Indian puke hired guns like Burka Bibi or Pankaj Misra, issuing some bogus cursory condemnation of terror in the abstract, at the same time blaming India for 'heavy handedness' in Kashmir, and above all on why India needs to show 'restraint', and last but not the least, asking both of its munnas, India and TSP, to make p!ss and gora bahadurs will use their good offices to mediate.

This time there seems to be none, which leads me to conclude that all of ModiJi's talk is only impotent rage like ours, and other than issuing dosas highlighting TSP's culpability, some token steps like MFN revocation and removal of security cover for the Harried rats etc; no military action is imminent. If there was something, CIA's peeping toys and toms would have got hold of the plan by now. Not that I am advocating any hast military maneuver, but only hoping we won't be back to business as usual in a few days time.
I have an opposite take, that these propaganda outlets are not saying anything means a 'go ahead' from the powers that be. They don't think their core interests will be threatened by Indian retaliation and therefore, they are not saying anything for or against it.
Arima
BRFite

Post by Arima »

If India does some operation through vikramaditya or subs will that be considered as full war?
Prabu
BRFite

Post by Prabu »

rohan1424 wrote:
Karan M wrote:
First consider what the present GOI is up against domestically and then consider where Pakistan fits in the list of priorities.
After Modi took over, I would presume he had a simple list of items, where each item in reality would be a huge task :
1. Fix the economy
2. Fix social net & PDS to reduce the economic challenges of 7/10 of India's citizens and get re-elected
3. Manage internal security + subversion by external elements
4. Fix the armed forces
5. Establish a base for growth
6. Prevent sabotage from vested interests/opposition/caste groups etc. Not exactly under point 3, but more subtle fissiparous tendencies being provoked by desperate politicians who see their family run businesses all collapse.

As regards snipers, BATs etc, the military has been given a free-hand. They are the domain experts not Modi, he cannot micromanage anything and nor can Doval. The local commanders have carte blanche to do a lot more than they could under UPA sarkar.

Now consider, do you think there was enough time, given 1-6 to come up with some comprehensive plan for Pakistan. Right now, the intent is to manage the darn state from hurting us while fixing the Indian institutional set up, which set up was literally crumbling from within. Consider what came out despite a paid for press in the UPA era was likely a tenth of the real rot. If Modi went to town complaining, bye-bye confidence in the Indian economy and it would tank. Instead, he just gritted his teeth and got to the task of fixing it.

In term 2, expect the heat to get ratcheted up as some of the pressure on the development angle eases off.
Patience is the name of the game here.

Please look at the big picture.
No offense , but your post makes us infer that it is only Modi or the PMO under Modi that is working , rest everyone are incompetent or useless.If Modi had really competent and capable ministers whom he would have delegated and trusted then managing 1-6 would never be an problem.There were ministers like Parrikar who worked very hard and now the people managing crucial ministries like defense , economy looks incompetent.

If Modi doesn't have enough time to devise a strategy on the biggest issue that has been troubling India for almost half a century now ,then god only save our country.
This guy deserves a ban
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

sudeepj wrote:
CRamS wrote:Guys, I maybe wrong, but has anybody seen any editorials or op-eds in US rags like NYT or WP, official mouthpieces of US when it comes to foreign policy? Reason I ask is usually, in the aftermath of their TSP munna''s grizly terror attack on India like Pulwama, there will be editorial pieces with inputs from CIA/Pentagon, along with some deracinated Uncle Tom Indian puke hired guns like Burka Bibi or Pankaj Misra, issuing some bogus cursory condemnation of terror in the abstract, at the same time blaming India for 'heavy handedness' in Kashmir, and above all on why India needs to show 'restraint', and last but not the least, asking both of its munnas, India and TSP, to make p!ss and gora bahadurs will use their good offices to mediate.

This time there seems to be none, which leads me to conclude that all of ModiJi's talk is only impotent rage like ours, and other than issuing dosas highlighting TSP's culpability, some token steps like MFN revocation and removal of security cover for the Harried rats etc; no military action is imminent. If there was something, CIA's peeping toys and toms would have got hold of the plan by now. Not that I am advocating any hast military maneuver, but only hoping we won't be back to business as usual in a few days time.
I have an opposite take, that these propaganda outlets are not saying anything means a 'go ahead' from the powers that be. They don't think their core interests will be threatened by Indian retaliation and therefore, they are not saying anything for or against it.
Or they think Indian retaliation will happen irrespective of what they say - either way agreed
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

Prabu wrote:
rohan1424 wrote:
No offense , but your post makes us infer that it is only Modi or the PMO under Modi that is working , rest everyone are incompetent or useless.If Modi had really competent and capable ministers whom he would have delegated and trusted then managing 1-6 would never be an problem.There were ministers like Parrikar who worked very hard and now the people managing crucial ministries like defense , economy looks incompetent.

If Modi doesn't have enough time to devise a strategy on the biggest issue that has been troubling India for almost half a century now ,then god only save our country.
This guy deserves a ban
Agreed, he's a troll. Ban him.
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

Peregrine wrote:US NSA backs India’s right to selfdefence against attacks - Chidanand Rajghatta, Sachin Parashar

WASHINGTON/ NEW DELHI: The Trump administration on Friday virtually green-lighted punitive Indian measures against Pakistan for the Pulwama terror attack, saying it “supported India’s right to selfdefence against cross-border terrorism”.

US national security adviser John Bolton spoke to Indian NSA Ajit Doval twice on phone following the attack to offer condolences and express support, using a phrase that reads like an open-ended term that allows New Delhi to fashion its answer to the Pakistani provocation.

In a statement, Bolton has explicitly called on Pakistan to “crack down” on Jaish-e-Muhammed- the Pak-backed terror outfit that owned up the Pulwama attack- and all terrorists operating from its territory. Bolton said he expressed condolences to Doval for the “reprehensible terrorist attack on India” and added that all countries must uphold the
UNSC responsibilities to deny safe haven and support for terrorists.

Once upon a time in a place called Iraq, there was a leader called Saddam Hussein. Iraq had issues with Kuwait. So, he called the US ambassador and told her that what Kuwait was doing is not right and we may attack Kuwait. She told him that US had no interest in interferring in this issue. Poor Saddam Hussien believed that and attacked Kuwait. Next day, US turned against Iraq and left Iraq in tatters... end of story!
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

pankajsJi,

we are both on the same side, and not at all trying to start a verbal spat, but on the issue of everybody the political/media spectrum being on the same page, maybe it was true for 24 hours, but I see the usual suspects coming out of their rat holes. Going by Twitter, roughly speaking, here are the narratives of the villains:

1. They have latched onto some attacks on Kashmiri Muslims in rest of India, and started attacking RW and BJP. I understand the anger of people, but agree that there shouldn't be any wanton violence. Here is my tweet to Omar Abdullay's keep:

@Nidhi

The biggest anti nationals today are those attacking Kashmiri students, which is exactly the kind of divide the ISI wants to push.

CRamSTweet text

Fine, but what stops you from having such students on your shows and asking them some hard questions on why they hate India, why separatism, why their fellow citizens collude with Pakis in terror and suicide bombings etc. Have you ever done that?
2. Many libtards going back to their familiar themes that India needs to introspect, easy to blame TSP, need to have 'dialogue' with all stake holders etc etc, and most disgsuting, laying the blame for decades of Islamic extremism and terror at the door steps of ModiJi and DovalJi.

3. I check out pukeworthy twitter lines of some prominent TSP RAPE who are honored guests on Indian media (just to get a glimpse). Not one f!king puke has any remorse. There is a triumphant declaration that this was done by a KM who was 'oppressed'. And of course linking articles of our own libtards with the narrative in #2 bashing ModiJi.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

This is the exemplary organization that was attacked in cashmere.

This is the twitter message that they have put out after the attack.

CRPF Madadgaar @CRPFmadadgaar

#Kashmiri students and general public, presently out of #kashmir can contact @CRPFmadadgaar on 24x7 toll free number 14411 or SMS us at 7082814411 for speedy assistance in case they face any difficulties/harrasment. @crpfindia @HMOIndia @JKZONECRPF @jammusector @crpf_srinagar
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

I want to make another point here. I don't think we should get into a debate on which action is full-fledged vs half-fledged vs qtr fledged war. We will have to climb the escalation ladder and be prepared for any eventuality. With Pakis, we need to treat every action through non-state actors as direct action and we need to dish out punishment directly.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

salaam wrote:There are multiple scenarios of land grab:
- pok
- Baluchistan
- Kartarpur
- nankana sahib (but stay out of Lahore)
- Sindh
- thar

Feint has to be on all others, and occupy real target.

Nankana sahib is 45 miles west of Lahore while Lahore is only 7 miles from Border.
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

There is only response.... capture 40 posts in POK and name it after each of the dead soldiers!
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

rohan1424 wrote:

Your response is quite surprisingly, immature in that it either unintentionally or deliberately misinterprets my post.

Capable ministers need a lot of support from the PMO and Modi and cannot resolve logjams entirely on their own. Parrikar needs MOF assistance for any big ticket procurement which in turn can affect social sector programs which departments will complain to the PMO. Just a tiny example. The PM runs the show. To imply that this means ministers are incompetent is to inject your preconceived bias into the discussion.

Either you are unable to grasp the complexity of the task at hand, or are willfully choosing not to do so.

Next, for all we know there is a strategy and it's being put in play. All I am saying is ambitious plans to vivisect Pak or engage in something overambitious are logically, not on the cards, given the depth of dysfunction the current Govt inherited and its consequent priorities.

Finally, hear what the IA Chief said and then post. Otherwise you are just wasting time and bandwidth with emotion driven speculation.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

sudeepj wrote:
ManuJ wrote:India's release of terrorists like Maulana Azhar in Kandhar during NDA regime was our biggest strategic defeat in recent times.
One that the country is still paying for with the lives of our brave soldiers.
That they have been allowed to live and thrive all these years after their release is utterly shameful.
This govt. needs to redeem itself by killing off Azhar and all the other heads of this poisonous serpent.

The way to sow fear in terrorists' hearts is not by eliminating a few 'ground workers' or by capturing some remote piece of land in POK.
It will only make them scream louder and allow them to gather more zealots.
We have to kill the decision makers, the maulanas, mercilessly and repeatedly until the thought of heading one of these terrorist organizations makes them wet their pants.
Exactly.. when you attack a snake, you cut off its head, not tickle its tail. Tickling the tail will only piss off the snake even more without getting us much in return.

This is not to say that stamping on its tail is not the right thing to do at this time. May be it is.. But cutting off the head needs to happen at some time in the future, perhaps 10-15 years from now.
Why didn't we injected them with risin or something so that they are dead 72 hours after release of passengers.
Prashanth_R
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Prashanth_R »

chetak wrote:
Prashanth_R wrote:NDTV started setting new narration now that main opposition parties are not supporting strong action against Pak. So that they can blame Modi directly if anything goes wrong in future.

I think it will not impact decision making of Modi. But still I wonder how these idiots are so loyal to their masters even after facing backlash everyday.
The humongous public reactions of the aam janta to the funerals of these slain CRPF soldiers is scaring the crap out of the opposition.

The soldiers could have been cremated in cashmere with full military honours but they have been taken to their homes. No one would have said anything had they been cremated in cashmere itself because of the extensively damaged bodies after the blast.

The congis/commies have quietly instigated this new twist because of their huge fear of being upstaged by Modi and runditv has taken the lead.

The real fear of all the parties is that Modi could well prepone the elections and sink all their ships without firing even a single salvo.

Sorry Sir I disagree with you, Current Govt has full Majority and still they call for early elections instead of giving deadly response will show Modi in bad light.Opposition will make this as main agenda to show Modi as weak leader and push every thing that Modi achieved in this 5 years under carpet.
sreerudra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sreerudra »

syam wrote:First of all, Pakistan didn't became our enemy just now that we have to eliminate them asap. They were same folks yesterday and they are same now too.
We tried to arrest a few urban Naxals and running around our tails with this supreme court. Do you think its real to eliminate these enemies within that easily?
sreerudra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sreerudra »

vinod wrote:on a time in a place called Iraq, there was a leader called Saddam Hussein. Iraq had issues with Kuwait. So, he called the US ambassador and told her that what Kuwait was doing is not right and we may attack Kuwait. She told him that US had no interest in interferring in this issue. Poor Saddam Hussien believed that and attacked Kuwait. Next day, US turned against Iraq and left Iraq in tatters... end of story!
That was then with the all bright Bharat hater. Now the button is with Trumptard - who genuinely hates porkis..
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Prashanth_R wrote:
chetak wrote:

Sorry Sir I disagree with you, Current Govt has full Majority and still they call for early elections instead of giving deadly response will show Modi in bad light.Opposition will make this as main agenda to show Modi as weak leader and push every thing that Modi achieved in this 5 years under carpet.
yes, you're probably right.

If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride, no??
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

SSridhar wrote:
ManuJ wrote:India's release of terrorists like Maulana Azhar in Kandhar during NDA regime was our biggest strategic defeat in recent times.
In the Indian context, it is better to finish off such terrorists within the jail itself as early as possible or ensure that they suffer irrecoverable damage of vital organs so that they are debilitated and meet a natural end even if they are released under any circumstance.

FBI was questioning him in India. And on April 27, 1998, the U.S. Embassy asked permission for two FBI agents to interview Azhar again, along with three of his jailed supporters. Indian authorities said it appeared that the 1998 request was granted.

http://articles.latimes.com/2002/feb/25/news/mn-29792/2

Something was keeping him alive! :mrgreen:
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Once again!!! PM should declares this

1. Bodies of terrorists will not be buried.
2. Bodies of terrorists will be cremated with Pig fat.

Thus they will not get to paradise with 72 houris.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

How come TOIlet services gets exclusive access to intelligence inputs!?!?
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 040049.cms
As per intelligence inputs exclusively accessed by TOI, while Umar came to India around May-June, JeM sent Mufti Abdul Rauf Asghar's former bodyguard - Mohammad Ibrahim alias Ismael - to Delhi via J&K.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Seems to set the stage for a combined operation?
Indrani Bagchi has been a reporter since at least 2002/03. Seems to have grown some sense now, which is commendable.

Sai: The term "Al Qaida Affiliate" is American Forked Tongue (AFT) for "Paki/Saudi official terrorist" or more generally, Terrorist Funded and Trained by US/Al_lies. Sad to see TOI using such nonsense. As we know there is and never has been something that actually called itself "Al Qaida". That term would mean, literally,
The Ass
. Why would anyone call themselves that?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Makes sense UBji, ..true to the fact they are actually (direct/indirectly) funded by firangies [8-15% Indic MSM market share that actually do influence some big Ass political tickets]. They support a diffused form of militancy ideas as well.. so The Ass (difficult to confront?).
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Seems to be building an argument for an Iran-India advance north from southwest corner of Balochistan, through Afghan territory, to link up with Pakhtoonistan forces.
Then, with the Strategic Depth gone, a rout of the Paki Army out of Balochistan and Pakhtoonistan, towards the Indus and Pakjab. Helped by air raids on the east.
Mullah Bolton won't be happy to see Iranians fill the vacuum in south Afghanistan, but that is the best solution for US to prevent Taliban takeover - if there is Indian moderating influence propping up Afghan central govt. As Don MacLean sang:
Things Go Better With Democracy
Also, Israel may be happy to see Iranian forces and irregulars sucked out of Syria to this campaign. No skin off their noses. They have always maintained that their problem is with Iranian forces/proxies facing them across THEIR border.

With one shot, NaMo will have found the formula for Iran, US, Israel, Afghanistan all to co-exist with relative peace, so that US can focus attention on "reconstructing" Venezuelan Democracy.
Hope Su Mami is thinking along these Peaceful and Constructive lines too on her tour.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 18 Feb 2019 03:50, edited 2 times in total.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

SBajwa wrote:Once again!!! PM should declares this

1. Bodies of terrorists will not be buried.
2. Bodies of terrorists will be cremated with Pig fat.

Thus they will not get to paradise with 72 houris.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

check
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

SBajwa wrote:
salaam wrote:There are multiple scenarios of land grab:
- pok
- Baluchistan
- Kartarpur
- nankana sahib (but stay out of Lahore)
- Sindh
- thar

Feint has to be on all others, and occupy real target.

Nankana sahib is 45 miles west of Lahore while Lahore is only 7 miles from Border.
Dear Sir, I know you already understand, but please indulge me. Lahore will be a difficult urban fight, and even if we capture it, logistical and humanitarian issues will bog us down completely. Plus, capture of Lahore with minimal casualties, will be difficult to execute. I do agree it will be a great bargaining chip, if the operation succeeds.

First: if we open up multiple fronts in Punjab, like a few from the list of `Kukar/Bharial/Lassian', 'Sarangwal', 'Mommanpur', 'Ghanike Bet/Arazi Kassowala', 'Phulpara' 'Shazadabad', 'Akbarpur', 'Ranian' to make a run for Gujrat (Pak punjab), we will effectively push the border from 'Ravi' to north/west of 'Chenab'.

Second: similarly for south of Lahore sector, using 'Sutlej' beachheads like 'Pharuwala', 'Walle Shah Hithar', 'Muhar Jamsher' and making a run for 'Nankana Sahib' will be great. If nothing it will move border at-least west of 'Ravi-Sutlej' canal.

Either one of the above will do lasting damage on PA psyche.

ps. I am even worse than an arm-chair general. Just trying to do constructive analysis/'personal study' in these charged, future defining times.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Just checked the maps to see what is involved. Had no idea that Iran has such a nice north-south border with Afghanistan, I thought it was all east-west border.

A nice country ride from Zahedan towards Quetta along the border but on the Afghan side (of course by invitation of the Afghan guvrmand!) by Syrian-returned Iranian forces, takes one through mostly high desert and some high mountains. Pakis can do diddly squat about who is on that side, except try sending terrorists, who will be evident on satellite (wonder who has them..) and can be taken out by air raids - inside A'stan or v. close to border. Then its a turkey-shoot choice, which Balochistan cities to liberate first, and which roads to cut. Americans can simply be too busy to look or care. Maybe Pakis will try to hold on to Quetta, but west of that is a goner, assuming that local population won't be very unhappy to see Iranian Shia liberators along with Afghan shias.

Once half of Balochistan is liberated, Freedom Will Ring, and the rest will hopefully rise and massacre the oppressors. Reminds me: gotta think ahead. How is Modi going to protect (from the Balock Lib front) accommodate the 90,000 Pakis who will surrender? (Answer: Is Gen. "Container Oven" Dostum still around?) :mrgreen:
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Vivasvat wrote:Why not hit Pakistani electrical infrastructure? Very little loss off life, huge hit to the economy.
haha ..hit something they care about? Like..ISI hq. power cuts are still rampant. And they are a means to beggar them
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

CRamS wrote:Guys, I maybe wrong,....
why are we so worried about what western media is reporting. But now that you have asked, entire white west has more domestic problems to face at home than look the third world. US has emergency/wall, uk has brexshit going on, rest of the europe (the one that matters) have their own problems in refugees. Remaining doesnt matter, nor does it care. So once action happens i will happily report the western media rona dhona (wapo bdutt) on this thd
Last edited by ArjunPandit on 18 Feb 2019 04:56, edited 1 time in total.
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

Arima wrote:If India does some operation through vikramaditya or subs will that be considered as full war?
I googled it for you:
https://www.quora.com/What-defines-an-Act-of-War

In short, even an operation done by a single person Indian Navy kayak against another country (which violates any international understanding) will constitute an act of war.
Last edited by salaam on 18 Feb 2019 05:39, edited 1 time in total.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

krishGo wrote:How sensible is retaking Gilgit Baltistan (or some parts of it) as a reply ? Due to the terrain, it's obviously much more challenging than raiding accross the Kashmiri part of PoK, but will also mean Pakistan will not be anticipating such an attack. I remember reading how something like this could be done in the possible military scenarios thread, which I cant find anymore
Extremely important point. One way to contain the Pakistan's jihadist culture is to break it further. Retaking POK should be India's stated position and all efforts should focus internationally, domestically and on the LOC on this objective. Need of the hour is not surgical strikes but re-capture invasion.

Let us do a reverse Ghazni on these pigs!
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

chetak wrote:Image
no sniffer dog was killed CRPF confirmed https://www.thequint.com/news/webqoof/1 ... -fake-news
ManuJ
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ManuJ »

The CRPF convoy was transporting troops from Jammu to Srinagar.
Why isn't the railway being used for troop transport in the valley (Banihal onward)?
Much easier to sanitize and protect, with vastly reduced logistic footprint.
And I believe there are already elaborate security measures in place for protecting the Kashmir railway.
IR has hopefully made all the crossings in the valley underpasses or overpasses, so that should eliminate the biggest security risk.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

YSMS a dark web method sending encrypted message used in Pulwama attack
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 040176.cms

The YSMS uses an ultra high radio frequency model to send encrypted text messages. In essence, a radio set is attached to a cellular phone with no SIM card inside it. The radio set is a small transmitter with WiFi capability. It is the Wifi that is used to connect the mobile. The receiver should be in "line of sight" from sender's phone for proper communication.
YSMS application has been available on the Dark Web since 2012 but terror outfits in Pakistan have now developed a new version which uses a frequency which has not been detected by any monitoring device since December.

"JeM and Lashkar terrorists in Pakistan have added a fresh layer of encryption which cannot be seized by any surveillance device at the moment. Which is why they may damage them as soon as they engage with Indian security men during encounters," said an official.

Sources said use of YSMS was first discovered by them when the Indian Army had nabbed a Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmad in 2015 but they are yet to crack its code.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Use airlift if possible, though it drives up costs. What is the price to be put on a jawan's life? All those assigned to guard the convoy routes are also at risk. Jammu to Srinagar is a long way by road, short by air. Pay for it!
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

Vivek K wrote:
Extremely important point. One way to contain the Pakistan's jihadist culture is to break it further. Retaking POK should be India's stated position and all efforts should focus internationally, domestically and on the LOC on this objective. Need of the hour is not surgical strikes but re-capture invasion.

Let us do a reverse Ghazni on these pigs!
1. We are in middle of winter.
2. PA has not vacated forward locations in this winter.
3. Broadly there are two regions. Gilgit-Baltistan and PoK (Muzaffarabad, Mirpur & Poonch).

Gilgit-Baltistan: Roads can be easily blocked in this mountainous regions. Its sparsely populated. Even if IA para-drop at Skardu, its a logistical nightmare.

PoK: This is the crux. If we capture it, winning GB is much easier. PA knows it and so does IA. I am sure this has been war-gamed many times from both side.

https://www.claws.in/images/journals_do ... .78-85.pdf
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Rohan1424 banned for trolling