Pulwama Attack

Prashanth_R
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Pulwama Attack

Post by Prashanth_R »

Karan M wrote:Nam, the Kashmiris who join terror groups are vocally supported by far more who appreciate their actions.

Tell me something, can Kashmiris who patriotically join the SOG, Army etc advertise or be open about it with even their fellow Kashmiris? If not, what does that tell us? It's not merely a security hazard from the infiltrators but many locals who have idealogically chosen extremism and see little downside.

Second, check out the vast crowds at funerals etc.
gurus,
I have one small suggestion for this forum, Only certain section of people from certain places are trying to set a agenda for whole Kashmir.

going forward while referring to any incident or any person in Kashmir,we need to refer with Distinct name, Kashmir valley instead of just Kashmir valley. With in few days based on distinct referred, we will be able to point out distinct which is hot bed and how far a incident happened from this hot bed district.

Please ignore this suggestion if we already have this database.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

A Lieutenant colonel and a Captain have also been injured in the Pulwama encounter, they are being provided medical care.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Neela wrote:I don’t know KaranM ....Parts of Jammu are Muslim majority....I guess I’m not alone when I say long term it’s a lost cause. All it takes is for 1 call froma minaret .
Demographic engg is prolly onl way out.
ever since talk of trifurcation of cashmere started, there is a concerted and very conscious effort of the sunnis to colonize non valley districts to seed as well as to rapidly change demographics.

the rest have yet to react.

this is actually what friday sermons are used for and this is also why they congregate as part of their religion.

they have started to move into ladakh also in large numbers.
Last edited by chetak on 18 Feb 2019 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

not a guru, but this is a good suggestion. i think people who need to know the hot beds of terrorism know it already. You can prepare a ready reckoner, by mapping incidents in last few years. That said, the interconnectedness is not st fwd.
1. The terrorist is from one district,
2. attacks are carried out in another district
3. Infiltration might be done from some other district
3. money might have moved from elsewhere
this is a complex , well oiled and well networked playground of operations and counter operations. That said, you will learn a lot from this exercise. I would suggest you go ahead and keep pasting it on an image of the valley
Sabyasachi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sabyasachi »

Khalsa wrote:
Sabyasachi wrote:https://twitter.com/ajaishukla/status/1 ... 5645655041

Any fan of this Pimp here on this forum??
I do enjoy his readings and his reporting.

For me he is an Indian first, an ex-army man second, ndtv reporter 3rd and guess a congress I supporter 4th if he is that.
Then I care if I do care which state or city he comes from.

Also please note we are BRaves and it would pay not to bring twitter or facebok lingo into this forum.
Our ability to outhink our adversary has allowed us to have a democracy that is now deep rooted than ever.

Rightio about his tweet
If you read deeply into what he has tweeted, he is taking the piss out of ISI and the Pak Army estabilishment that attacking India right before elections plays into Modi's hands and creates more support for him.

Remember Pakis are very very keen on Modi losing the elections. They have been blaming the so called second coming of South Asian arms race on Modi and the current gov.

Now what Ajai has done is ... he is just playing funny while attempting to drive a small wedge between Pakis and ISI.
Let me have his fun of twitter verse , no need to bring twitter conversations here.
So you are saying begging ISI in good faith by an ex Indian Miliraty Colonel is alright?

Also, One should disregard his compulsive hatred for Indian PM?

BTW is it explicitly statute in BRF rules that one can not bring twitter material to discuss?

His other publications are also used by different members here at BRF but no one objects.

I don't know what you do mean by outthinking some fictional entities being a democracy that is plagued by separatism, mediocrity, continuous terror attacks and vicious political bickering lead by people like Ajai Shukla that insults and undermines our nation every day. That further results in emboldening the enemy who then takes bigger risks to attack us.

What Ajai Shukla is implying is subject of his own clarification which he hasn't made. There is already an OpEd published today by another author from his left-leaning group which implies that Modi has conspired this attack to earn political dividends as he will now attack Pakistan in a follow-up.

Also, there is the pattern of his rants and continuous undermining the current dispensation which includes his discreet meetings with Pakistani diplomats stationed in India.

Like Shekhar Gupta who is reminding Modi that Pakistan has nukes, Shukla is begging ISI not to attack India because it will make Modi win.

WOW
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Peregrine wrote:MBS’s Asia Tour: New Delhi should impress upon the Saudi Crown Prince the problem of Pakistan-sponsored terrorism – EDITORIALS

As Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) prepares to visit India tomorrow after landing in Pakistan and signing deals worth $20 billion with that country, India must be ready for some hard-nosed diplomacy. After the Pulwama terror attack, India is rightly seeking to isolate Pakistan. But as MBS’s Pakistan visit shows, this won’t be a cakewalk. Thus, New Delhi needs to make plain its red line on terrorism emanating from Pakistani soil.

Riyadh should know that it can’t indulge enemies of this country and expect to do business with New Delhi. True, there is great potential for growth in the India-Saudi relationship. MBS is looking to impart new direction to his country as exemplified by his Vision 2030 and India can be a great development partner here. But Riyadh has to be on the same page as New Delhi on Pakistan-sponsored terrorism. Otherwise, growth in India-Saudi relations will remain limited.

Cheers Image
Takes the 2019 Early Darwin Award for sheer silliness. We r talking about "impressing" the arch-terrorist after his antics in Yemen? Iraq? Syria? His own country? Chopping Khashoggi as demo? :rotfl:
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Prashanth_R wrote:
Karan M wrote:Nam, the Kashmiris who join terror groups are vocally supported by far more who appreciate their actions.

Tell me something, can Kashmiris who patriotically join the SOG, Army etc advertise or be open about it with even their fellow Kashmiris? If not, what does that tell us? It's not merely a security hazard from the infiltrators but many locals who have idealogically chosen extremism and see little downside.

Second, check out the vast crowds at funerals etc.
gurus,
I have one small suggestion for this forum, Only certain section of people from certain places are trying to set a agenda for whole Kashmir.

going forward while referring to any incident or any person in Kashmir,we need to refer with Distinct name, Kashmir valley instead of just Kashmir valley. With in few days based on distinct referred, we will be able to point out distinct which is hot bed and how far a incident happened from this hot bed district.

Please ignore this suggestion if we already have this database.
We simply havent collated that data yet, but if you do please share it with us. There is information online about specific districts, regions etc being particularly anti-India.
Anoop
BRFite

Post by Anoop »

Karan

The latest issue of SAIR on the SATP portal has an article with a teshil wise breakdown of stone throwing incidents. I don't know how to link the article.
Last edited by Anoop on 18 Feb 2019 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Karan M wrote: There is a severe problem and we need to admit it, not hide behind the trope of "it's only a few troublemakers".
It doesn't matter if there are few or more. We need to remove the "hope". Guns, money and support for the cause from Pak. They can keep throwing stones, as long as they want. we cannot change human behavior. Once the "hope" is lost, the lot will switch sides.

The valley see PA as their extended army. An army with a nuclear umbrella and no matter the provocation, India not being in a state to retaliate.
Along with this, competing money supply from Pak & India. This drives the superiority complex, the demeaning using of "Bihari" for non-Kashmiris.

Once the "nook invincibility" myth breaks, the extended army is gone. Take out the local guys with guns, the local army is gone. With this our need to secure the valley is gone. Put the money that was going to Kashmir, in to Jammu & Ladakh. Break the political power of Kashmir valley.

They can fund their azadi dreams selling apples and posting comments on Facebook. We should stop wasting time on "mainstreaming" them.

It is also in our interest to keep pointing finger at Pak.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Khalsa wrote:I do enjoy his readings and his reporting.
For me he is an Indian first, an ex-army man second, ndtv reporter 3rd and guess a congress I supporter 4th if he is that.
Then I care if I do care which state or city he comes from....snip
KhalsaJi, please tell me you are kidding or just harmlessly trolling.
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

Is the Pulwama from today morning encounter still on going?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the kashmiri elites who feed on the vast supply contracts and govt funds that funnel there seem to have investments and wealth all over.

the common villager seems like sent to work selling carpets or fruits!

anyway certainly the land is rich in resources and nobody is really that poor there. the local terrorists are pretty well dressed and well fed.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

sudhan wrote:Is the Pulwama from today morning encounter still on going?
yes a DIG of police is wounded and 1 rat said to be holed up.
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

Singha wrote:
sudhan wrote:Is the Pulwama from today morning encounter still on going?
yes a DIG of police is wounded and 1 rat said to be holed up.
I think they are trying to take the pig alive.. won't work.. burn that shack down, time to spit roast them swine
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

The third terrorist has been gunned down. An awfully long encounter this was.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

The thing is as long as there isn't a incident in J&K, we don't a r** a** about the place. A decade of no incident, no media coverage, no money.. everyone will fall in line.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ArjunPandit wrote:not a guru, but this is a good suggestion. i think people who need to know the hot beds of terrorism know it already. You can prepare a ready reckoner, by mapping incidents in last few years. That said, the interconnectedness is not st fwd.
this is a complex , well oiled and well networked playground of operations and counter operations. That said, you will learn a lot from this exercise. I would suggest you go ahead and keep pasting it on an image of the valley
Ever wondered why reliance or big bazaar gives you a loyalty card??

They know precisely your spending patterns, they know exactly what you buy, which sales promotions appeal to you, when and where you shop and the time that you enter and leave and so on. Correlation of card data with surveillance camera data can identify bottlenecks, wait times, billing efficiencies and the need to either increase or decrease staff/ billing counters etc at specific time periods (can rationalize overtime expenses).

Based on this, and of course a similar analysis of tens and tens of thousands of such loyalty cards they are able to rationalize and optimize their display shelves.

They place items that are frequently purchased in combination, items that are usually paired or grouped, such items are placed close to one another in order to induce purchase and sell more.

This subtly suggestive and also subliminally messaged marketing is a powerful tool and also they subtly route the customer in predetermined pathways or aisles where offers are very suggestively and attractively displayed so that the customer is induced to picks up some of those items without a second thought, and often times many items purchased are not even needed but we have succumbed to the lure of these techniques.

Consumption data dictates stocking decisions, lead times from suppliers can be changed and also inventory carrying costs can be optimized.

I went into such detail because you have described the cashmere problem in a reverse way to what I have outlined.

For the problem, you have described, and sufficient data being available, there are any number of algorithms that can decode/analyze the data, depending on specific need, and give a clearer picture as to what is happening on the ground, in a bird's eye sort of way that will give the operations guys the big picture.

But I am reasonably certain that such a procedure may already be in place and is being used both by the IA operations and the intelligence guys to target infiltrators and their local contacts.
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

https://twitter.com/adgpi/status/1097433200358510593
#IndianArmy operates two accounts for welfare of Ex Servicemen, Veer Naris & Battle Casualties & their dependents. Donations/ Contribution to these are voluntary. You may contribute to this noble cause of helping families of Martyrs. For details click https://bit.ly/2SJ9Ies
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

Looks like that encounter is now done.. 3 pigs dead..
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

nam wrote:The thing is as long as there isn't a incident in J&K, we don't a r** a** about the place. A decade of no incident, no media coverage, no money.. everyone will fall in line.
except for DD which is India controlled (but was not during that clown ansari's time as vp) most of the media in India including papers are owned by entities from the offshore space. Now, after ansari has left, there is a drastically changed coverage from Rajya Sabha TV.

Why do you think that there is such a shrill coverage every time some incident takes place in cashmere or some reaction takes place against some minority??

We need to get laws in place severely limiting foreign ownership of Indian media even in minority stakeholder situations. Besides, a large number of illegally beamed foreign channels, not approved by the GoI are freely beamed into the Indian media space via satellites and distributed by cable operators on the quiet, especially in certain localities with certain communities to feed them with imagined atrocities and inflammatory fake news.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

pankajs wrote: Your 60% might represent the whole of India on how to deal with Bakistan/Kashmir BUT that is not enough! Why? Because they will vote against BJP/Modi based on other issues. Caste was just an example.

To make is clear let us take a extreme case. Take the case of Muslims though I generally don't like bringing religion into this. I would bet that > 90% Muslims would vote to hit bakistan hard in line with the general population IF that was the ONLY issue on the menu BUT when it comes to voting for a government at the center or the state they will vote to defeat the BJP/Modi.

See how patriotism does not drive end result.
Problems exist all the time. The focus should be on how to solve them. No one going to ditch his caste tomorrow and declare himself as proud hindu for eternity. The caste will stay because it was always there. It's not going to disappear even by next century. How are we supposed to deal with it?

My 60% may not be enough to meet the demand. But it is good starting point. We need to stop this mad obsession with 100%. Even 3% is better than 0%, right?
Last edited by syam on 18 Feb 2019 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Some reports say that the Captain who was injured succumbed to his injuries.

Veergati praaptirastu

Today we have lost 5 bravehearts in the service of the nation.

A sad, sad day indeed, in fact the past couple of days indeed.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

ArjunPandit wrote:Karan sir, Thanks for clarification. I agree with every word you say. I think your words should be printed out and kept as a reference.
Honestly, many including myself are incensed and outraged at people especially Kashmiri Ms celebrating at the gruesome martyrdom of our jawans and playing their liberal broken records.
As someone said, this is nirbhaya moment for kashmir terrorism. The cries of kids, mothers and fathers are more than enough to shake the conscience of nation that values family relations. The huge no. people coming in the final rites and passage of these soldeiers is a testimony to that. I have many friends, whose living abroad has made them quite liberal also saying this has gone past limits of civility and it needs to be reciprocated in kind too. I hope Pakis have woken up a sleeping giant.

Unfortunately the actual Nirbhaya moment provoked great outrage but little real change. There have been 100s of gang rapes since, several of them as gruesome or more gruesome, with little attention paid or justice served. In fact the rapists in the original case are themselves yet to be hanged and one of them by virtue of being a minor has already been assimilated into society with nobody knowing his identity. If anything, it has become the new normal and people have gotten desensitized to it.

Just pointing this out to say that we cannot read too much into public reactions and I hope the same does not happen with Paki terrorism. Only a long drawn and proactive ruthless effort by the Indian state to destroy Pakistan will provide the desired results, and on the evidence of such attacks in the past (Mumbai, Parliament, Hijack etc) that have generated great outrage only to fade away and the same usual programming to resume, it is hard to be optimistic.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

Why in Jammu there's curfew? Are Rohingyas​ fighting?
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

#Breaking : Stone-pelters are at the scene again and aiding paki terrorists.
Last edited by syam on 18 Feb 2019 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

TKiran wrote:Why in Jammu there's curfew? Are Rohingyas​ fighting?
It's a secular curfew saar.. mainly to stop pro-india / anti-pork protests
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

It seems like we have taken a quite a few casualties among our boys in trying to capture these vermin alive.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

syam wrote:
pankajs wrote: Your 60% might represent the whole of India on how to deal with Bakistan/Kashmir BUT that is not enough! Why? Because they will vote against BJP/Modi based on other issues. Caste was just an example.

To make is clear let us take a extreme case. Take the case of Muslims though I generally don't like bringing religion into this. I would bet that > 90% Muslims would vote to hit bakistan hard in line with the general population IF that was the ONLY issue on the menu BUT when it comes to voting for a government at the center or the state they will vote to defeat the BJP/Modi.

See how patriotism does not drive end result.
Problems exist all the time. The focus should be on how to solve them. No one going to ditch his caste tomorrow and declare himself as proud hindu for eternity. The caste will stay because it was always there. It's not going to disappear even by next century. How are we supposed to deal with it?

My 60% may not be enough to meet the demand. But it is good starting point. We need to stop this mad obsession with 100%. Even 3% is better than 0%, right?
That is exactly I was pointing out in my first response. You can go a re-read it.

To re-frame, do not expect Modi to right the system in 1 year/term just because he had a majority when there are so many issues with the system he has inherited and is constrained by.

Rejoice that we have started chipping away at the edges. As you yourself say , even 3% is better than 0%.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Absolutely. MBS had some years back dismissed India as a chicken and goaded Pakistan not to be afraid of us. He views Pakistan as his extended army and should learn his limits.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

schinnas wrote:Absolutely. MBS had some years back dismissed India as a chicken and goaded Pakistan not to be afraid of us. He views Pakistan as his extended army and should learn his limits.
I hardly think so. If the Arab behaviour towards Pakistanis in the past is any indication, he more likely views NaPakistan as his loyal slave, who'll also do the master's bidding.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

i guess he is ready to fight Iran down to the last Pakistani as his own army is not up for it.

if they see the yellow PMF/hezbollah type flag flying from the hilltop, the saudi army will melt away into the bush.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Rs 46 crore collected under Bharat Ke Veer: Government
NEW DELHI: The Government on Monday said that a sum of Rs 46 crore has been
collected and dispersed as part of the "Bharat Ke Veer" initiative for CRPF troopers who
lost their lives in the February 14 Pulwama attack.
Over 80,000 people came forward in the last few days since Thursday to contribute over
Rs 20 crore, a statement said.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 48808.cms?
ashthor
BRFite

Post by ashthor »

The slave should be slapped in front of his master so that both know....enough is enough
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

pankajs wrote: That is exactly I was pointing out in my first response. You can go a re-read it.

To re-frame, do not expect Modi to right the system in 1 year/term just because he had a majority when there are so many issues with the system he has inherited and is constrained by.

Rejoice that we have started chipping away at the edges. Don't belittle progress because it fall short of 100%. As you yourself say , even 3% is better than 0%. Right!
Yes. We come back to original point again. Liberals and Pakis are only 5%. Yes, they have foreign support. Yes, they have institutional support. But, do they have popular support?

Like late bala saheb says in the movie, only people' opinion matters, rest doesn't matter. I think we lost the earlier passion to discuss it further. Let's do it at another time. :)

BTW I agree with your assessment of pakis and our netas. There is something unholy going on with them.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Saurav Jha

@SJha1618
9h9 hours ago
More Saurav Jha Retweeted sharangouda
No. Your Army will never be 'ready' if it is straddled with expensive imported systems. Its actual fighting potential will always be less than what seems and various foreign entities will not let your Army be a real tool of foreign policy.Saurav Jha added,

sharangouda
@sharanpatil143
Replying to @SJha1618
Indigenization and keeping army ready are two different things don't mix up

Saurav Jha

Verified account

@SJha1618
9h9 hours ago
Actual support for indigenization is the only real metric for patriotism going forward. Because only indigenization will help India maintain economic and social stability. Also there will be no real independent foreign policy without indigenization of weapon systems.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Twitter said it is now a Major and five jawans who were lost. What happened? Were the scum tipped off? How could we lose six more sons in exchange for three pigs?

So many things going through my head. I can hardly breath now. So much hate now.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

Guys, some time before there was discussion about how UPA government forced CRPF to apologize for killing of locals when the approached a barricade in 2014, can someone please help me with the link of the same.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Chola saar, They must have tried to capture him alive is my theory ... and took unnecessary risk.
vivekmehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivekmehta »

How can a brigade commander ,DIG and a Lt col can get injured in one encounter where you already lost a Major +4.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Don't know if this is actual or representative image ... but if actual .. should answer some what happens of the house(s) that shelter terrorist. They generally get destroyer or burnt down to the ground. Regretfully, part of the collateral damage.

https://twitter.com/AdityaRajKaul/statu ... 6100881408
Aditya Raj Kaul Verified account @AdityaRajKaul

#BREAKING: Pulwama encounter ends after 18 long hours in Kashmir. Third Jaish Terrorist killed by security forces in this fierce encounter in which 4 Army Jawans were martyred and many other Army/Police Jawans have been injured. Identity of the terrorist being ascertained now.
Last edited by pankajs on 18 Feb 2019 20:09, edited 1 time in total.