Pulwama Attack

Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Pulwama Attack

Post by Singha »

pak pasand tribes and proxies sit in and round the khyber pass.

however the vast baluchistan makran border with iran and areas west of kandahar is empty and probably just a no mans land.
https://www.google.com/maps/@31.5767483 ... 4487,6.01z

this was here a good chunk of Alaksindr's army perished on a coastal land padyatra when he was trying to slink back to persepolis , after being mauled by porus and various militant tribes along the indus. alaksindr rode on a horse and made it alive, but fell ill and died in a few months.

not many know in a deserted valley between karachi and ormara, is the shakti peetham of Hinglaj mata
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Shri+ ... 65.5155413
she apparently is a family diety of the jaswant singh family and he made a trip there in NDA1 or just before.

it has probably escaped the wrath of various passing islamic armies due to remoteness and lack of treasure to plunder atleast now anyway.

https://www.livius.org/sources/content/ ... an-desert/
sajaym
BRFite

Post by sajaym »

Chinmayanand wrote:5 days after terrorist attack, ..Bla bla bla.
Chinmayanand, you may be right. The India is coward with no stomach to fight back . Rest , we can brainstorm and come up with thousands of excuses like lack of enough missiles , lack of element of surprise ..Bla bla bla

But after all the bla bla blas you need to ask yourself one question. Inspite of all these terror strikes, has Pakistan achieved what it wanted - Kashmir? The answer is NO!!! Even after so many shootings, bombings and killings over all these years Pakistan has STILL not managed to breakaway a single part of India -- Whether it is Punjab or whether it is Kashmir. Whereas we have broken Pakistan into two (Bangladesh) and blocked access to Siachen from right under their noses. So if you are feeling frustrated right now, imagine how much more frustrated the Pakistani Generals & their social media posters feel! India is still standing in one piece Chinmayanand, because we are an elephant...and an elephant doesn't bother if a few dogs bark around it, it keeps doing what it feels like doing. We can absorb a lot of damage and still keep standing, that's what is our power...not our weakness. And we have shown it for 72 years now!
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

I believe pakis have better INT than us through US and China satellites and other assets. If we go to war, we should consider every possible scenario. US can change their stance and help pakis the minute our forces put boots on paki lands. All the sentiment and baying for blood is good. But what will be the reaction of our country if something goes wrong?

What are the chances that this attack happened because big guys want to knock our PM down a peg or two?

So many questions.

p.s: thanks, ramana sir. Emotions got better of me yesterday.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Lilo wrote:
habal wrote:
that indeed is one of the possibilities. The other is the response will be greater than expected. The nature and extent of response will be as revealing as nature of the attack which was carried on pakistans eastern and western borders simultaneously including usage of Rdx to eliminate any doubts as to who were behind the attack.
First you complain that movie is getting late... I as per your own admission rightly surmise that you must be getting impatient because your popcorn is getting stale ..

Now you are no longer complaining about movie starting Time, but you now start rambling to us all here the story of the trailer to the Movie (which we all saw already) while predicting the yet to be unfolded Story in such general terms with same theatricality of predicting the certainty of a coin toss having only two outcomes - head or tail and nothing else !

Ok.
If only I upped my game, everything would be better. This is another sign of a mentally defeated population who will busy pull down one another but quiver at the thought of taking on someone who can put up a semblance of a fight.

If this is the attitude that permeates the higher echelons then nothing is going to happen. Thus my statement that what will eventually happen will be as revealing as what has unfortunately happened.

If the reaponse targets empty shells of jaish and lashkar Hq's my ticket would be wasted and popcorn underdone. This would also mean the terror strike was indeed carried out by ISI and as usual we wanted to weasel our way out and break no sweat over it.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

The reality of Indo-Pak border is both side is heavily defended.

This means, anyone invading will face major attrition, once the balloon goes up.

The first mover, specially in a standoff attack will get the advantage of element of surprise. The responding party will be hitting against a alert adversary.

Take this example. Once the balloon goes up, any PAF jet flying in the air inside Pak will be shot down, to prevent responsive stand off attack.

This is why we need to attack first and force Pak to respond to our alert defence and cause attrition till ceasefire.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

habal wrote: If only I upped my game, everything would be better. This is another sign of a mentally defeated population who will busy pull down one another but quiver at the thought of taking on someone who can put up a semblance of a fight.

If this is the attitude that permeates the higher echelons then nothing is going to happen. Thus my statement that what will eventually happen will be as revealing as what has unfortunately happened.

If the reaponse targets empty shells of jaish and lashkar Hq's my ticket would be wasted and popcorn underdone. This would also mean the terror strike was indeed carried out by ISI and as usual we wanted to weasel our way out and break no sweat over it.
^Careful Habal ji ,
In the name of freshness of your popcorn , you are unintentionally revealing your desire for the movie to flop at the boxoffice by pressurizing it to rush its production schedule while skimping on the actual production values.
Remember you are getting to watch the movie in OC (as they say in South) and the actual blood payment had been/is being made by the Indian Army which is producing and you didnt even pay a paisa yourself.
Last edited by Lilo on 19 Feb 2019 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
Rajiv Lather
BRFite

Post by Rajiv Lather »

All those waiting for a response from Modi:

The response will be the same as in Kandahar, Mumbai I, Mumbai II, Kargil, Parliament attack etc.

Please go back to doing whatever you were doing before this latest one happened, and wait for the next one and then the next one. And then start all over again on how we are not prepared, we need to become a 1000 trillion economy, Modi needs 4 more terms, the time is not right... you get the drift.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Rajiv Lather wrote:All those waiting for a response from Modi:

The response will be the same as in Kandahar, Mumbai I, Mumbai II, Kargil, Parliament attack etc.

Please go back to doing whatever you were doing before this latest one happened, and wait for the next one and then the next one. And then start all over again on how we are not prepared, we need to become a 1000 trillion economy, Modi needs 4 more terms, the time is not right... you get the drift.
You forgot to include Uri, Mr Lather ji.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Lilo wrote:
habal wrote: If only I upped my game, everything would be better. This is another sign of a mentally defeated population who will busy pull down one another but quiver at the thought of taking on someone who can put up a semblance of a fight.

^Careful Habal ji ,
In the name of freshness of your popcorn , you are unintentionally revealing your desire for the movie to flop at the boxoffice by pressurizing it to rush its production schedule while skimping on the actual production values.
Remember you are getting to watch the movie in OC (as they say in South) and the actual blood payment had been/is being made by the Indian Army which is producing and you didnt even pay a penny yourself.
So you do read but do not completely understand the statement that the nature of retaliation will speak more about the nature of the crime. There is no pressure from any quarter except for somebody feeling pressure due to underperformance.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Modi says given free hand to Army. Army says please set us free!
Meanwhile its back to regular programming!

Singha wrote: today not enough brahmos - we need 1500 to be comfortable
tomorrow not enough dhanush - need atleast 2000 saar
day after tomorrow not enough PGMs
next week - hey not enough 155mm ammo
next to next week - we need to stockpile more POL as war reserve
next month - delay in delivery of russian spares , elections or some dignitary is visiting
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

sajaym wrote:
Chinmayanand wrote:5 days after terrorist attack, ..Bla bla bla.
Chinmayanand, you may be right. The India is coward with no stomach to fight back . Rest , we can brainstorm and come up with thousands of excuses like lack of enough missiles , lack of element of surprise ..Bla bla bla

But after all the bla bla blas you need to ask yourself one question. Inspite of all these terror strikes, has Pakistan achieved what it wanted - Kashmir? The answer is NO!!! Even after so many shootings, bombings and killings over all these years Pakistan has STILL not managed to breakaway a single part of India -- Whether it is Punjab or whether it is Kashmir. Whereas we have broken Pakistan into two (Bangladesh) and blocked access to Siachen from right under their noses. So if you are feeling frustrated right now, imagine how much more frustrated the Pakistani Generals & their social media posters feel! India is still standing in one piece Chinmayanand, because we are an elephant...and an elephant doesn't bother if a few dogs bark around it, it keeps doing what it feels like doing. We can absorb a lot of damage and still keep standing, that's what is our power...not our weakness. And we have shown it for 72 years now!
I believe this guy is a nationalist ... just not the way most folks on this board are. I read his tweets for his economics/macro views but one does get other stuff once in a while.

His latest thread .. Kashmir related
https://twitter.com/teasri/status/1097654265881989120
Sri Thiruvadanthai @teasri [Director of Research, Jerome Levy Forecasting Center, Westchester, NY]
12h12 hours ago

3. Kashmir cannot be seen in isolation because it is not happening in isolation. Does anyone sincerely think that Pakistan and India will be in peace if Kashmir is resolved? Ghazwa e Hind (loosely translated as conquest of India) is the goal of many in Pakistan including JEM.
4. In any case, I think the problem will resolve itself in another 2 decades at most. Already as I showed yesterday, deaths related to terrorism in Kashmir is down steeply from the the peak. Meanwhile, insurgencies in the Northeast have completely died down.
5. As the age of oil ends in the next 10-15 years, Saudi funds will evaporate. In addition, China with its internal problems and aging demographics will turn inward. Pakistan will lose its two main sponsors.
9. My final point. There is a lot of talk about war and Carthago delenda est. This is rank stupidity. It would do enormous damage to the Indian economy. Instead suck it up, tighten security and intelligence, exert economic pressure on Pakistan in ways we can. Wait it out.
This guy is NOT a Nehruvian Luddite. Being a finance guy is being purely mathematical/logical with no allowance for emotion.

The first highlight would be blasphemy to most folks on this board.
His last point should absolutely have most folks here fuming.

I believe he is right BUT, I do believe in payback. My preference has been for a cost+ response. One must establish and maintain moral ascendancy even if it comes at a cost and one must not be purely mathematical in all situation.
Last edited by pankajs on 19 Feb 2019 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

habal wrote:There is no pressure from any quarter except for somebody feeling pressure due to underperformance.
No need to bring upon so much pressure on yourself habalji.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Thread locked as there is no productive discussion happening here only rants!!
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Rajiv Lather wrote:All those waiting for a response from Modi:

There are political solutions, such as pushing for the repeal of Article 370, and military solutions, but military solutions also have political responsibility attached to them in a democratic government. The PM has said that he will allow the armed forces to decide how to retaliate. This is disappointing as the PM has removed political responsibility from his administration of a serious national problem. More than 5 critical days have gone by allowing TSP to prepare for an attack and move assets. There has been over 2 decades of time to prepare for such an eventuality, but as always it is business as usual.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Ok guys I have unlocked the thread as ops are still going on in cleaning up Kashmir.
A Brigadier was injured when he cancelled his leave and wen into the fight.
And here we have idiots whining.

I am warning all whiners and derailers that they will be perma banned.
Misforunately that is all I know. This short term ban I don't know.

habal, you have a track history of derailing even Kerala floods thread and I had to warn you off.
I don't want any post here from you.
Period.

Rest of you are you not ashamed to post bokwas while people are dying to clean up the terrorist trash.

Whats the matter folks?
have we lost our moral compass.
its due to these type of posts folks like Shiv have cried off the forum vowing never to return.
And admins locking the thread wont do when one has to administer.
That means tough decisions.
We came to age during Kargil twenty years ago.

I have repeatedly warned that wont allow Shalya type posts.
If you have blood lust go to Pak Def.
I think I have got my message clear.
We have over 100 guest posters who come here for information and discussion.
the forum is for them too and not the whiners.
ramana
Admin
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Mort Walker , Modi has given the full authority for the military to respond.
he is giving them the full political cover they need for hostilities.

In the meanwhile he is working the diplomatic circuit.
And is preparing the public daily for the body blow that is coming.
if you note Pak has not made any nuke threats for if they do they will get pre-emptive strike.
its that serious.

So think through and post.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

ramana wrote:
anishns wrote:I think among these pelters are also the so called "mukhbirs" or informers. Who need to mingle with other stone pelters in order to prove their loyalty to the mob. I guess after exchanging some crisp gandhis with the armed forces, quickly turncoat. Perhaps that might also be a reason why we don't go after them hammer & tongs
A few years back Shiv had made a model of the terrorist, stone pelter security forces interaction.
I wish I could find it here. The stone pelters are the light to medium core terrorists giving facade of civilian cover to aid and abet the hard core terrorists.
It was not Shiv's model, it was mine... from this post in the Amarnath Yatra Attack thread.

viewtopic.php?p=2184633#p2184633
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Sorry stand corrected.
RD. glad you corrected me.
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

One data point. If you want J/K news, please read the Daily Excelsior. I've been reading it since the late 90's when militancy was active in Kashmir.

You can find it at:

http://www.dailyexcelsior.com/

Looks like the border is heating up also.

http://www.dailyexcelsior.com/pak-viola ... etaliates/
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Guys stop reporting crap.
Lets move on. The thread got closed due to reports.
If any more gets posted they are perm banned.
So past is past.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Thank you to the Mods for unlocking the thread and doing the thankless task of being mods. I am appalled to see the rants and absurd criticisms posted here by some of the members. Pakistani army is not a pushover, it is perhaps the only power in the world that has made the US army bleed and lived to tell the tale. Even the US is contemplating a surrender against the Taliban.. Sure, they were never as committed to the region any way, but this tells you that this is a major power that punches well above its weight.

It takes time to activate a national response to such outrages and as citizens, instead of castigating our leadership, or worse, the nation itself, you would do far better to change your own behavior even a little to ensure that national interest becomes first and foremost in Indian society.

Why not post what you have done here and how you will change your behavior in future? Ill start with my steps:

1. Paid up for the subscriptions of nationalist media houses that I like to read, that is Swarajya Magazine. Discontinued NyTimes subscription.
2. Donated my biweekly paycheck to BharatKeVeer.org.
3. Resolved to not buy any Chinese high tech product, that earns a lot of money for the Chinese corporations: Lenovo, Vivo, Oppo, XioaMi. huawei will never see a single ruppee or dollar from me if I can help it.
4. I will also talk to my Indian grocery store, requesting them to discontinue selling any Pakistani branded items.

Some steps that you can take:
1. Discontinue any anti national media packages you may have subscribed to by mistake, such as NDTV.
2. Discontinue your patronage of anti national media stars such as Siddhu, unsusbcribe Sony channels, even if for one month. They will get your message.

Remember, an ounce of action is worth more than a tonne of outrage.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

MAJOR EMBARRASSMENT FOR PAKISTAN AS FRANCE, US AND UK TO MOVE RESOLUTION IN UN SEEKING TO DESIGNATE MASOOD AZHAR AS A GLOBAL TERRORIST #REPUBLIC @republic
can China still veto?
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

IndraD wrote:
MAJOR EMBARRASSMENT FOR PAKISTAN AS FRANCE, US AND UK TO MOVE RESOLUTION IN UN SEEKING TO DESIGNATE MASOOD AZHAR AS A GLOBAL TERRORIST #REPUBLIC @republic
can China still veto?
They can still do that. Aren't they vetoing on NSG?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Raghu Raman talk show expert now a days and former army man asks govt not to attack but take a chill pill https://www.hindustantimes.com/analysis ... w2KVO.html
Pulwama was a deliberate strike planned to provoke at the highest level by the only two players who have the agenda and wherewithal to initiate this move.

The first is China. Over the last decade, China has exponentially strengthened itself economically and militarily within Asia. Its unabashed hegemony in the region and cartographic aggression are signs of its expansionist strategy. Rather than an outright confrontation with India, China has used Sun Zu’s strategy of geographical, economic and military encirclement, surrounding India with naval bases, logistic roads and island airbases. The strategic purpose of such encirclement is not war. Instead, it is to remove the option of war from the table.

The response to the Uri attacks (or the famed surgical strikes) has that issue. It can’t be done again and definitely not now when the Pakistani army would be at its peak alert.

But internal pressure to retaliate will be too high and now that the army has been handed the mandate, the forces will have to respond. And that is what China is hoping for. Though there is no such thing as a limited war, even if India were to embark on a limited military or air interdiction operation, it will be letting off steam rather than achieving any meaningful attrition or punitive effect. Even a limited war in the north and western sector, and a defensive posture in the eastern sector will set back our economy by decades. In the worst case, we will lose more than just our economy. This is a massive return of investment strategy for China.

There is a massive power struggle on within Pakistan. While outwardly it has always struggled between the military and political centre of gravities, deep within it is far more complex. There are major power struggles within the military, the ISI and the fundamentalist factions. While the new political and military establishment are approaching rapprochement, the deep state is feeling left out. Pulwama could be their riposte to demonstrate that they are able to bring their heft into play at a national level in Pakistan. It is the irony of globalised terrorism that Jaish-e-Mohammed is holding the Pakistani state to ransom by attacking India.

India should measure the situation before responding because war is a very strange game. The only winning move is not to play
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

That would suit the CON agenda nicely ... 56 inch and what not.

Payback is on the way!
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

IndraD wrote:Raghu Raman talk show expert now a days and former army man asks govt not to attack but take a chill pill https://www.hindustantimes.com/analysis ... w2KVO.html
Pulwama was a deliberate strike planned to provoke at the highest level by the only two players who have the agenda and wherewithal to initiate this move.

The first is China. Over the last decade, China has exponentially strengthened itself economically and militarily within Asia. Its unabashed hegemony in the region and cartographic aggression are signs of its expansionist strategy. Rather than an outright confrontation with India, China has used Sun Zu’s strategy of geographical, economic and military encirclement, surrounding India with naval bases, logistic roads and island airbases. The strategic purpose of such encirclement is not war. Instead, it is to remove the option of war from the table.

The response to the Uri attacks (or the famed surgical strikes) has that issue. It can’t be done again and definitely not now when the Pakistani army would be at its peak alert.

But internal pressure to retaliate will be too high and now that the army has been handed the mandate, the forces will have to respond. And that is what China is hoping for. Though there is no such thing as a limited war, even if India were to embark on a limited military or air interdiction operation, it will be letting off steam rather than achieving any meaningful attrition or punitive effect. Even a limited war in the north and western sector, and a defensive posture in the eastern sector will set back our economy by decades. In the worst case, we will lose more than just our economy. This is a massive return of investment strategy for China.

There is a massive power struggle on within Pakistan. While outwardly it has always struggled between the military and political centre of gravities, deep within it is far more complex. There are major power struggles within the military, the ISI and the fundamentalist factions. While the new political and military establishment are approaching rapprochement, the deep state is feeling left out. Pulwama could be their riposte to demonstrate that they are able to bring their heft into play at a national level in Pakistan. It is the irony of globalised terrorism that Jaish-e-Mohammed is holding the Pakistani state to ransom by attacking India.

India should measure the situation before responding because war is a very strange game. The only winning move is not to play

Squashing an ant shouldn't cost us a decade - and if we don't squish this ant now, they'll spread enough drugs in Punjab and violence in Kashmir that we'll lose multiple decades
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

And if UPA comes to power Pulwana type suicide bombing may happen in major cities against civilian targets. Dreadful !!!
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

India should measure the situation before responding because war is a very strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

Its embarrassing to see liberals and gyanis of assorted color, pontificate as if war is a choice between good and bad.

If it was, then there would never be any wars, as no rational power would take the 'bad' choice.

War is and will always remain a choice between bad and bad, when there is no move that is good.

I believe, India is at this juncture, when all strategic choices with regards to Pakistan are bad. To make war is bad. To not make war is equally bad.

One could argue, that a war now, when Pakistani nuclear assets are relatively small in number, when Chinese/Saudi largesse is yet to begin flowing in the earnest and Pakistan has a great dependence on foreign aid, when a part of Pakistani strike forces is American and can be disabled with the press of a button by the great Khan, when India has a largely untapped market that can be dangled before every super power as a prize.. One could argue that now is a better time to wage war than later when the number of Pakistani nukes will be so large that it will become genuinely impossible to track them, when the introduction of sub launched and MRVd warheads makes it even more so, when the Indian market is tapped and Pakistani market is not, making it a prize to economic powers etc.

So lets not pretend that sitting on our thumbs is a good option. It is not, you could argue its a worse option, but you need to make that argument. Simply repeating a tautology that 'war is bad' is not sufficient.

PS: Its doubly damning to read such anti-war piffle from ex-soldiers. Your job is to be a butcher of the enemy when called on by your state. If you have two thoughts about that, why did you enlist? A job in the Armed forces is still a prestigious job with guaranteed promotions all the way till Lt Col., a pension, reservations in leading education institutes.. You enjoyed every privilege that the job had to offer, including the high esteem in which we civilians hold the armed forces, and now when the time comes to pay off that salt, you want to teach me how 'war is bad'?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

IndraD wrote:Raghu Raman talk show expert now a days and former army man asks govt not to attack but take a chill pill https://www.hindustantimes.com/analysis ... w2KVO.html
But internal pressure to retaliate will be too high and now that the army has been handed the mandate, the forces will have to respond. And that is what China is hoping for. Though there is no such thing as a limited war, even if India were to embark on a limited military or air interdiction operation, it will be letting off steam rather than achieving any meaningful attrition or punitive effect {He is right in that India cannot decide to keep it limited on its own. Limited only if one party backs off. If Bakistan is not going to use the nukes then it WILL back off sooner than later based on its past history. }. Even a limited war in the north and western sector, and a defensive posture in the eastern sector will set back our economy by decades. In the worst case, we will lose more than just our economy. This is a massive return of investment strategy for China.{Usual FUD used to scare Indians. A limited border engagement will not massively impact the economy for more than a year. OTOH, It might accelerate the growth during the later years! An all out war on Air/Land/Sea will have a larger consequences but even that will largely be contained to a couple of years if nukes are avoided. I don't think bakis are going to pull that one on India else the TSPA will be history.}

There is a massive power struggle on within Pakistan. While outwardly it has always struggled between the military and political centre of gravities, deep within it is far more complex. There are major power struggles within the military, the ISI and the fundamentalist factions. While the new political and military establishment are approaching rapprochement, the deep state is feeling left out. Pulwama could be their riposte to demonstrate that they are able to bring their heft into play at a national level in Pakistan. It is the irony of globalised terrorism that Jaish-e-Mohammed is holding the Pakistani state to ransom by attacking India.{Utter CRAP! Trying to deflect and dilute the culpability.}
Payback even if it does not deter them for long. Not getting it back will only embolden them further.
Last edited by pankajs on 20 Feb 2019 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Not the first time Raghu Ramans been pushing this line

https://medium.com/@captraman/why-war-w ... cfa25a1529
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

his uvaach there is struggle between army & ISI in Pakistan is bogus ..there is no diff in two.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

It is folks like him that encourage baki rogue behavior.

The only thing everyone i.e TSPA, ISI, Civilian & the Jihadis agrees is gazwa-e-hind. There is no confusion, struggle or conflict on this.
Last edited by pankajs on 20 Feb 2019 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Karan M wrote:Not the first time Raghu Ramans been pushing this line

https://medium.com/@captraman/why-war-w ... cfa25a1529
on a lighter note something wrong in the name itself
raghu ram rajan
raghu etc of roadies fame
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

A lot of bogus stuff in that article that he passes off as incontestable fact. Especially the statement that a war would set our economy back by decades. We have been in much bigger wars before and nothing much happened to us, it would take a nuclear war perhaps to accomplish that kind of setback.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Per prior BR discussion, the author was making big bucks as a cyber expert etc under the previous dispensation. The current one shut off the tap. Also, after 11 years in the IA, how did he retire just as a captain? Somethings not right?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Hah .. that explains!

Thanks. I did not know that.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

ArjunPandit wrote:
IndraD wrote: can China still veto?
They can still do that. Aren't they vetoing on NSG?
The Chinese can and will probably do that again. Remember Masood Azhar was released by India in 1999 as a condition of getting IC814 released after the hijacking to Kandahar.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Here is one more bit. 11 years in the Army and retired as a captain? What gives?

Can any of our service veterans explain, what I am missing.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

He should have at least been a Major if he started off as a Lt.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Some Pakistanis are mad at everyone..Now they are mad that Twitter has banned one of Dr Mohammad (spox for Paki Foreign office)'s account (@DrMFaisal) "without any reason :rotfl: " . Blaming it on "indians" in twitter..
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzyUGwNWsAILhkZ.jpg
Last edited by Amber G. on 20 Feb 2019 01:51, edited 1 time in total.