Pulwama Attack

salaam
BRFite

Re: Pulwama Attack

Post by salaam »

chetak wrote:
yensoy wrote:^^^^ Barrister Bashani is an exile, probably has a price on him in Pakiland, and has always been sane on TV which is broadcast, I believe, from Canada.

when 3 pakis are the only guys on the show, wouldn't it be best described as paki TV??

I am aware that not only Bashani but many others too live outside of pukiland.
These are Canadian-Baki’s. Canadian channel TAG TV

Good shows (for Indians) are:
- Billatakalluf (Tahir Gora) - TAG TV
- Pasaword (Dr Baland Iqbal) - Rawal TV
- Friday Night with HM (Hamid Bashani) - Rawal TV

Tarek Fatah often comes as guest on these shows.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

chetak wrote:
yensoy wrote:^^^^ Barrister Bashani is an exile, probably has a price on him in Pakiland, and has always been sane on TV which is broadcast, I believe, from Canada.
when 3 pakis are the only guys on the show, wouldn't it be best described as paki TV??
I am aware that not only Bashani but many others too live outside of pukiland.
Sorry Paki TV is TV which is broadcast to and watched in Pakiland, with primarily Paki based speakers. This is a fringe channel, like the Ahmediyya channel, which doesn't get much airtime if any. Let me know when this kind of message is broadcast on mainstream Paki TV.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Track-II put on hold. Its shocking to me that it was still going on. And even now, its not shut-down but only "put on hold".

Youth to youth interaction it seems. Perfect way to create the next gen of dhmmified Hindus who think Pakis are their brothers & Islam is all about peace

I hate these half-measures by Modi sarkar :twisted:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 102905.cms
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Rudradev wrote:
pankajs wrote:
Which was the last election that was hijacked per you? What forces was deployed during that election and what will be deployed during LS elections?
https://factly.in/how-is-the-security-d ... ions-made/

CAPFs are deployed at various booths during LS elections. From the link, you can see that their functions mostly revolve around monitoring activities within the booth itself (stopping malpractice, rigging etc.) Not dealing with the spectre of VBIEDs racing towards crowds of people lined up outside the booth. Moreover there are only limited numbers of CAPF to deploy; they depend very much on facilitation by the hosting State Govts to get where they need to go (and when); and the State Govts know in advance how the strength of CAPF personnel at various booths in the state will be distributed.

All useful things for someone planning LS election violence (not booth capturing, but mass-casualty terrorist violence) in cahoots with a State Govt.
I will address the rest of your post later.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/d ... hbfTN.html
Deployment of central forces in Bengal to be monitored by ECI observers: CEC
“We met representatives from different political parties, most of whom requested for effective use of central forces to ensure free and fair polls. We have decided that deployment and movement of central forces in Bengal before and during Lok Sabha polls will be totally monitored by the ECI-appointed police observers or nodal observers, all of whom would be out of Bengal,” Arora said.

On Thursday leaders of opposition parties told ECI officials that central forces on poll duty are often seen away from the scene of action, even sipping tea at roadside stalls when trouble takes place somewhere else. The control of these forces are usually vested with the superintendents of police of the districts.

“Different political parties also insisted that these forces should not just conduct route march and area domination just on the main roads and should not deployed only in polling booths. They should ensure that there is no intimidation of voters or supporters of any political party. We have assured them that central forces will conduct route march and area domination exercise even in the remotest corners of the state,” Arora added.
Note from the above snippet.
1. The control of these forces are usually vested with the superintendents of police of the districts in the last elections.
2. These forces where put on duty "away from the scene of action, even sipping tea at roadside stalls when trouble takes place somewhere else"

During the last panchayat elections, the central forces where deployed under the local police, under local observers and they were deployed away from the scene of action probably under orders of the state government.

Further,
1. monitored by the ECI-appointed police observers or nodal observers, all of whom would be out of Bengal.
2. central forces will conduct route march and area domination exercise even in the remotest corners of the state

During the lok sabha, the central police will be deployed not just at the boot level but also conduct route march and area domination. They will be also be under outside observers who will directly report to the ECI.

So there, all of your concerns are addressed for the upcoming lok sabha elections.

This last bit about "mass-casualty terrorist violence" when coupled with you original thesis that such an event would cause re-elections accompanied by "Narratives of how Modi Sarkar's "intolerance" and "hindutva" set the stage for the violence will be circulated non stop on social media and paid conventional media." is an worth exploring in light of the Indian experience so far i.e Gujarat 2002, etc.

Lets assume multiple "mass-casualty terrorist violence" has happened during elections followed shortly [less than 6 months] by a re-election

1. *Terrorist* events have a particular imagery amongst the masses of India and will cause polarization along religious lines.
2. No matter what the narrative or spin is imparted by the media, it is "commonly held" view even by the so called "liberal/progressive" that such polarization usually benefits the BJP. There are certain realities of India at the grassroots that cannot be wished away by narrative in SM or MSM.
3. Massive Narrative building via social media and MSM will only increase the polarization and that too will benefit the BJP goes the conventional wisdom.
4. Folks in the mainstream "liberal/progressive" media have noted how effortlessly Modi is able spin adverse publicity in his favor e.g Maut ka Saudagar vs Gujarati Asmita.

Granted, if the re-election was held only for the "liberal/progressive" of India and WaPo/NYT/Guardian jurnos, Modi stand no chance in a re-election BUT he stand no chance now. OTOH, in case of a terrorist event, the resultant polarization is likely to benefit Modi/BJP no matter what the "liberal/progressive" media spins.

Even when I think the polarization as a result of a terrorist event(s) benefits BJP/Modi I hope for a calm and uneventful Lok Sabha elections.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

pankajs,

Well put. Although events like the Pulwama attack were intended by TSP to have a political impact it would be unwise to suggest worst case scenarios of terrorist events during GE have not been taken into account by the ECI and the central government bureaucracy - particularly the responsibility of the Home Ministry. If anything, India does elections well and ensures the franchise goes smoothly compared to any other place in the world. This is something the western press has failed to acknowledge for decades now.

If we suppose mass-casualty terrorist violence is done in cahoots with a state government. Then these sort events generally work against the incumbent government from the political perspective. The Home Ministry along with ECI ensure security during elections and move from state to state based on polling phases. The GE are spread over a period of time, with the ECI resolving any irregularities, and results are declared after all polling is complete. If there was terrorist violence in any given location, the ECI and Home Ministry would respond accordingly and would ensure that such events not take place in other districts and phases of the election.

Although I appreciate Rudradev's analysis and CRams observations, they seem to stem from a paranoid condition of living in the US for such a long time.
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

UlanBatori wrote:In all this, what I have never figured out is the Kunduz Evacuation of 2002. Was that a transfer to KSA?
Saar, afaik, the kunduz airlift was through and through a paki op.

The snakes and their handlers were dumped somewhere in their northern areas. A classic Mushy special, 2 faced move.. ask for an inch and take a mile..
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^Also known as the Airlift of the Evil. Organized by Rumsfeld and Cheney at request of TSP to get their gernails out of Kunduz. I'm surprised UB is asking as he wrote extensively about it at the time on BRF.
One senior (U.S.) intelligence analyst told me, "The request was made by Musharraf to Bush, but Cheney took charge—a token of who was handling Musharraf at the time. The approval was not shared with anyone at State, including Colin Powell, until well after the event.Two planes were involved, which made several sorties a night over several nights. They took off from air bases in Chitral and Gilgit in Kashmir's Northern Areas, and landed in Kunduz, where the evacuees were waiting on the tarmac. Certainly hundreds and perhaps as many as one thousand people escaped. Hundreds of ISI officers, Taliban commanders, and foot soldiers belonging to the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan and Al Qaeda personnel boarded the planes. What was sold as a minor extraction turned into a major air bridge. The frustrated U.S. SOF who watched it from the surrounding high ground dubbed it "Operation Evil Airlift."
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

UlanBatori wrote:Siddhu is not anti-Indian. Too many "shout Jai Hind!" type Patriotism Tests being driven by uber-patriots who will be first to run if the enemy really attacks. Navjot Siddhu has faced the world's fastest bowlers (without helmet IIRC) b4 most of you were even in diapers. He has walked the walk. He has earned the right to say what he wants. I think the anti-Siddhu lynchmobs are disgusting.
Are you aware of this?
https://m.hindustantimes.com/punjab/sc- ... J_amp.html

Hes no saint.
Neshant
BRF Oldie

Post by Neshant »

I am doing my part by avoiding the purchase of chini maal as best I can.

Cell phones, laptops, shoes, clothes..etc.

I go for brands like Nokia, HP.. etc. instead of Xiaomi, Huawei and Lenovo.

A lot is made there so it's hard to avoid 100%. But at the very least, if the ownership of the brand is foreign, the bulk of the profits aren't going to chicom goons!

Do your part however small.
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

Pulwama attack: Pakistan to stay on FATF 'grey list' for terror financing
NEW DELHI: Terror financing watchdog FATF has decided to keep Pakistan on the "grey list" till October. This, after India made a strong push to ensure that Islamabad is not taken off the list, in the light of the Pulwama terror attack.

The decision keeps international pressure on Pakistan to clean up its act on terror support and terror financing.

Pakistan has until October 2019 to either comply with the 27 demands made by FATF members or it could be blacklisted.

India has insisted that Pakistan share details of funding of terror organisations.

Earlier this week, France said they were pushing FATF to keep Pakistan on the grey list, given its non-compliance with FATF rules, but also as a move after the Pulwama attack. Pakistani officials tried hard to get off the grey list, insisting they were in compliance.

Pakistan had to demonstrate compliance on five counts by February, but there has been negligible movement by Islamabad. As a last minute gesture, Pakistan reinstated the bans on Falah-i-Insaniyat and Jamaat-ud-Dawa, two front organisations of the Lashkar-e-Taiba. These organisations had been banned by a presidential ordinance by the former Nawaz Sharif government, but the ordinance was allowed to lapse by the Imran Khan government.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

Small problem with the dump china goods campaign going on here,

Most of the Indians don't like to spend more than 7-8k on their smart phone. How are we going to provide feature rich phone for 8k? Let the teenagers buy iphone with their parents' life long savings. . .

My main issue with Swadeshi movements is, they lack the practical approach to problems. Every time some nationalism comes out of churning in our country, these folks waste it on useless movements like this.

How about,
#StopBuyingPetrolAndUseBicycle or #Don'tSellYourProductsHereMrUSA

May be we can do some real work. Like,

1. Teaching young generation about the importance of the nationalism for 1 hour every Saturday evening.
2. Encouraging local industry.
3. Donating to the community causes.
4. Reaching out to our local politician and engage in talks with him.
5. Attending events where we can hang out with great personalities there.
6. Giving guest lectures at local colleges and schools.

I know many senior posters here can come up with much better ideas. Please don't waste your nationalism on one minute emotional stupidity.
Last edited by syam on 22 Feb 2019 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

UlanBatori wrote:Siddhu is not anti-Indian. Too many "shout Jai Hind!" type Patriotism Tests being driven by uber-patriots who will be first to run if the enemy really attacks. Navjot Siddhu has faced the world's fastest bowlers (without helmet IIRC) b4 most of you were even in diapers. He has walked the walk. He has earned the right to say what he wants. I think the anti-Siddhu lynchmobs are disgusting.
well you may want to hear his video/interview of sachin's debut when those imran and co. were bowling at their fury. i agree he's no worse off than many other cretins that have made India home and a business. BTW becoming a bit liberal, he was getting paid for it, no charity. In fact discipline was always an issue with him. He came back during one of the tours. Hardly seen in his constituency due to his laughter engagements. The crowd management at the function of his wife was one of the major reasons of the railway tragedy recently. I am fine with him hugging bajwa, but avoiding blame on pakistan right now is waht's playing in the hands of paki media
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

shyamd wrote: Quick response -
IRGC attack and Pulwama are linked. Both atrocities committed by ISI but for different reasons

Regional context is that of pre Iran nuke deal era.. Obama planning on Af-Pak exit and 26/11. Attack India via terror and complain of being victims - take money from PRC and other donors, use to fight India and send terror groups to fight new enemy India enabling smooth exit of US.

GoI security establishment unanimous on above view, particularly mil establishment.

Saudis using TSPA as the insurance policy... KSA are working on getting their own bomb (see latest reports of Saudi ballistic tests, Trump transferring nuke tech etc).

KSA paying off India as well not to attack TSP - as KSA want TSPA free to defend Makkah/Madinah as per Pak constitution (Yemen issue) and deal with nuclear Iran as everyone worries that Iran will go back to developing weapons.
In the end no one trusts the general and the cricketer in the Gulf. They see the cricketer as pro Tehran (in his interview on English Channel - he said KSA wants him to act as go between to reach peace with Tehran)

There’s an opposite argument to Rudradev ji’s View... e.g. does anyone even listen to state dept at the moment?

Anyway, ISI gave up some members of cell who targeted IRGC - as Iran was preparing to mount operations and started moving aircraft etc.

But IAF team checking out Chabahar air base - think SAR, Strike missions, ISR, possible air & sea blockade.
Just to add
So the cricketer asked CP Salman to convey to PM Modi:
- to have a direct channel via KSA
- IK will investigate Pulwama incident
- PM Modi can trust IK

Doval given this file I believe[/quote]

The sonic booms and F16 flights over Sialkot and Lahore (both near border) was designed to test IA Air defence and identify SAM locations.

TSPA expecting GOI retaliation in the western sector (due to weather constraints in the east).
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

The ISPR chief Asif 'Duffer' Gafoor has spoken!
Democracies do not go to war and both countries can move forward on the path of development and peace: If India starts agression, there will be a surprise
:shock:

Tweets radio bakistan

What surprise, I wonder? May be their soldiers come armed with begging bowls, might as well collect some money for the dam?
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

sudhan wrote:The ISPR chief Asif 'Duffer' Gafoor has spoken!
Democracies do not go to war and both countries can move forward on the path of development and peace: If India starts agression, there will be a surprise
:shock:

Tweets radio bakistan

What surprise, I wonder? May be their soldiers come armed with begging bowls, might as well collect some money for the dam?
It means they will use nuclear weapons. Which of course is no surprise. This is entirely predictable. Next is unkil giving warnings to India. Rinse and repeat of the same story of the past.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

after surprise, there will be mass capitulation. That is what is left unsaid by asif ghafool. Pakjabis got nerve wrecked after a sonic boom, their appetite for wars is now subject of derision.

this pakjabi military gang in reigns of pakistan is the weakest in terms of character of all their past military regimes. They have no stomach for a proper war, they intend to survive the storm just through bluff.
dinesh_kimar
BRFite

Post by dinesh_kimar »

I personally feel tkiran is mistaken on Doklam.

It's an Indian intrusion into disputed territory, to checkmate the intruding PLA, and quite successful.

It's the first time in decades any country has done this to China, traditionally regarded as a ' nuclear mad dog".

Xi was 100% behind General Fang ( the Manchurian gent mentioned above, presently serving in Gobi), and even snubbed Modi and toured around in military fatigues, exhorting army comrades to greater glory for the red rising China.

The Indian MSM lent a helping hand, indulged in large scale scaremongering, including my daily staple, the TOI.

3000 light tanks from Tibet, anyone?

But they saw it thru.

Fang got his desert when he couldn't deliver as per expectations. Full marks to Indian forces and leadership.

Even Arun Jaitly did not panic, and reminded Chinese of Nathu La, when our media was trying to recall Jawaharlal.

Now, Rajnath Singh has said that India is as prepared to face war as Pakistan.

Bravo!!
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

Just a reminder:

14th Feb 2019 - Bharatwasis killed in Bharat - 44
Till 22nd Feb 2019 - NaPakis killed in NaPakistan / Elsewhere - 0 (don't count two street urchins killed where we lost four of our own)
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

True, its just why doesnt the international community ask the Pakis to relax and throw a grand party with Pakistani Missile Launching men, F-16 pilots, Hafiz Sayed, Masood Azhar all announce JIhad against India 10 Km from the LOC at a well publicised event. sigh.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Rishi_Tri wrote:Just a reminder:

Till 22nd Feb 2019 - NaPakis killed in NaPakistan / Elsewhere - 0 (don't count two street urchins killed where we lost four of our own)
Rishi, no need for such reminders. Everyone who's visiting this thread remembers this date and count. Sometimes things are worth the wait. I am quite optimistic that this is one of those times.
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

Maharashtra on high alert after blast near Mumbai, IED found on bus

The explosive found on the state transport bus was an IED (Improvised Explosive Device) apparently planted with serious intentions to cause damage.

Link
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Rishi_Tri wrote:Just a reminder:

Around 18th Feb, Balochi fidayeen killed 10+ Puki fauji.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks why are we discussing Paki TV from Canada.
Show some restraint and respect for the 44 dead soldiers.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Shameek wrote:Maharashtra on high alert after blast near Mumbai, IED found on bus

The explosive found on the state transport bus was an IED (Improvised Explosive Device) apparently planted with serious intentions to cause damage.

Link
2 JeM terrorist from Kashmir arrested in UP. Seems there are modules outside Kashmir. Hopefully we get them all before any further event.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Same old tactics deployed again

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 116670.cms
Pakistan government takes control of Jaish headquarters amid global pressure to rein in terror outfits
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ShyamD wrote:
1) So the cricketer asked CP Salman to convey to PM Modi:
- to have a direct channel via KSA
- IK will investigate Pulwama incident
- PM Modi can trust IK

Doval given this file I believe

2) The sonic booms and F16 flights over Sialkot and Lahore (both near border) was designed to test IA Air defence and identify SAM locations.

3) TSPA expecting GOI retaliation in the western sector (due to weather constraints in the east).
Response

1) I don't think GOI is in mood to let MBS be a channel.He has called himself "Ambassador of Pakistan". So he is tainted channel.
As for trusting Immy the Dimmy. He is a philandering drug addict put up by the jihadi faction of TSPA to get US funds. So how to trust him? This sentence means India should trust the jihadi faction of the TSPA which carried out the Pulwama attack! They got go back to their cave and come again. Quick for the cave could be bombed.
2) Our member IndraD speculated on Twitter that it could be Indian drones sent out to sniff out Pak defences for all intents. And the FizzleYa almost shot themselves. Which idiot pilot will break sound barrier over civilian population? Their helicopters were fired on by nervous troops.
3) Could be could be not?

See POK does not cross the nuke threshold. if they respond then Rawalpindi will be glass.
The fact China finally agreed to UNSC irresolution on Azhar shows they also see the light.
lets see things in proper perspective.
And guys stop this futile talk of boycott goods etc
Do that in your chats.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Terroristan thread.
Peregrine wrote:China's opposition to mentioning of terrorism delayed UNSC statement on Pulwama – PTI

NEW DELHI: China's lone opposition in the 15-member UN Security Council to any mention of terrorism resulted in a delay of nearly one week in issuance of a statement by the powerful body on the dastardly Pulwama terror attack, official sources said here on Friday.

However, the US assiduously worked as "pen holder" making various adjustments to get the approval by all other members of the Council, the sources told PTI.

While China was trying to water down the UNSC statement on Pulwama Pakistan , worked against issuance of any statement. Pakistan's Permanent representative at the UN Maleeha Lodhi even met the president of Security Council but her efforts did not bear any fruit, they said.

The UN Security Council comprising 15 permanent and non-permanent members on Thursday condemned in the "strongest terms" the "heinous and cowardly" terror attack perpetrated by Pakistan-based terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) on February 14.

Sharing details of diplomatic wranglings on the matter, the sources said the UNSC statement on Pulwama was to be issued on the evening of February 15 but China repeatedly sought extension of timing.

China requested extension till Feb 18 when 14 member countries were ready to issue it on February 15 itself," they said, adding China broke "silence" procedure two times suggesting multiple amendments aiming to "derail" the effort.

Even after UNSC condemned the Pulwama strike as "terrorism" China continued to oppose any mention of terrorism in the statement, said a person familiar with the diplomatic parleys on the issue at the UN headquarters.

However, notwithstanding hectic Chinese and Pakistani efforts, the UNSC agreed to issue the first statement in its history regarding an attack on Indian troops in Jammu and Kashmir, the sources said.

India has mounted a diplomatic offensive to isolate Pakistan in the international community for its support to terror groups and cross border terrorism.

Official sources said the UNSC statement contained specific language proposed by India through its partner countries including naming of JeM, and calling for bringing the perpetrators of the crime to justice.

In the statement, the UNSC also reaffirmed that terrorism in all its forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to international peace and security and underlined the need to hold perpetrators, organisers, financiers and sponsors of these reprehensible acts of terrorism accountable and bring them to justice.

The UNSC also urged all States, in accordance with their obligations under international law and relevant Security Council resolutions, to cooperate actively with India and all other relevant authorities to bring perpetrators of the Pulwama attack to justice.

It also reiterated that any acts of terrorism are criminal and unjustifiable, regardless of their motivation, wherever, whenever and by whomsoever committed.

In Video: China's lone opposition to mentioning of terrorism delayed UNSC statement on Pulwama

Cheers Image

The UN Security Council Press Statement the PRC was trying to bowdlerize on behalf of its client, the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan:

SC/13712
21 FEBRUARY 2019
SECURITY COUNCIL

Security Council Press Statement on Suicide Bombing in Jammu and Kashmir

The following Security Council press statement was issued today by Council President Anatolio Ndong Mba (Equatorial Guinea):

The members of the Security Council condemned in the strongest terms the heinous and cowardly suicide bombing in Jammu and Kashmir, which resulted in over 40 Indian paramilitary forces dead and dozens wounded on 14 February 2019, for which Jaish-e-Mohammed has claimed responsibility.

The members of the Security Council expressed their deepest sympathy and condolences to the families of the victims, as well as to the Indian people and the Government of India, and wished a speedy and full recovery to those who were injured.

The members of the Security Council reaffirmed that terrorism in all its forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to international peace and security.

The members of the Security Council underlined the need to hold perpetrators, organizers, financiers and sponsors of these reprehensible acts of terrorism accountable and bring them to justice, and urged all States, in accordance with their obligations under international law and relevant Security Council resolutions, to cooperate actively with the Government of India and all other relevant authorities in this regard.

The members of the Security Council reiterated that any acts of terrorism are criminal and unjustifiable, regardless of their motivation, wherever, whenever and by whomsoever committed. They reaffirmed the need for all States to combat by all means, in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations and other obligations under international law, including international human rights law, international refugee law and international humanitarian law, threats to international peace and security caused by terrorist acts.

For information media. Not an official record :-? .
From UN Website here:

https://www.un.org/press/en/2019/sc13712.doc.htm
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

syam wrote:Small problem with the dump china goods campaign going on here,

Most of the Indians don't like to spend more than 7-8k on their smart phone. How are we going to provide feature rich phone for 8k? Let the teenagers buy iphone with their parents' life long savings. . .

I know many senior posters here can come up with much better ideas. Please don't waste your nationalism on one minute emotional stupidity.
This is quite literally, the stupidest thing I have read in a while. How are the Chinese able to sell their phones for the price you quoted? The only advantage Chinese OEMs have is well organized factories for assembling phones. They do not design the phones, they do not manufacture the chips, they do not manufacture the displays.. They are simply sweatshops assembling components.

Especially at the higher end, Indians can afford to pay more and buy Samsung, iPhones, Nokia etc. rather than go for devices that are tainted with the blood of our brave soldiers.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

pankajs wrote:
Shameek wrote:Maharashtra on high alert after blast near Mumbai, IED found on bus

Link
2 JeM terrorist from Kashmir arrested in UP. Seems there are modules outside Kashmir. Hopefully we get them all before any further event.
Second low intensity blast after the one in Kalindi express. This reinforces the theory that the Pulwama attack was not a spectacular 'one off'. It was simply the first move in a planned strategy to restart widespread jihad in India and to possibly influence general elections 2019. How Indian security managers raise the price for Pakistan will determine if the strategy is nipped in the bud or the blood of innocent Indian citizens continues to be shed without any recourse.

The only thing common Indians can do is to be united and walk the path of Dharma. Every generation has a time when its tested like no other. Most Indians today who were born and came to age after the economic reforms have only seen improvements in their lives. As a child, I read the daily journal of my father who himself was a student when the 65 war was fought. He recorded that almost every student in his college responded to Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri's call to give up eating one day a weak, so India would not be blackmailed by Western food aid. Such a time is perhaps upon us again. Be brave, and keep the faith in mother India.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

There is no mention of JeM or Pakistan in the Security Council press statement.

JeM is mentioned clearly.. Thanks to Vishals for correcting me!
Last edited by sudeepj on 22 Feb 2019 22:37, edited 2 times in total.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

The Security Council resolution is a move by the West to water down Indian retaliation. Previously it used to be more direct in threats and warnings of flare up and nuclear flash point but that stage is gone specially with this Indian regime. They have thrown a dog bone. While this is good it is not enough as the cycle will again be repeated if nothing is done. Even if something is done given Paki intelligence it is going to be repeated which will in turn warrant India to move up the escalation ladder. Remains to be seen whether India becomes satisfied with the dog bone and goes back to square one.
vishals
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vishals »

sudeepj wrote:There is no mention of JeM or Pakistan in the Security Council press statement.
No, it's clearly mentioned.

"for which Jaish-e-Mohammed has claimed responsibility."
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

chetak wrote:
sudeepj wrote:
He did come out with a statement ".. surgical strikes were needlessly politicized..". That was interpreted to mean that the surgical strikes should not have led to any political capital for the ruling party. That interpretation was never corrected by him. Now that this has come out, its not surprising at all that he is now aligned with the Congress party.

In general, any officer reaching the post of Lt. Gen has to be really politically savvy. Most have definite political views. We will see more of this officer class joining politics, which is a good thing.
let us not fool ourselves.

no general is either that naive or that foolish.

his statements have left a very bad taste and yet he said it, knowing full well the implications.

BTW, no one can be misused/used unless he is willing, it is like taking the horse to the water.

and this one is certainly a willing horse, a very eager horse, in fact.
Exactly my feeling. These people are extremely savvy and know exactly what they say, you cant get a careless word out of them. Is this gentleman any relative of the Huddas who were running Haryana for a while?
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

sudeepj wrote:

This is quite literally, the stupidest thing I have read in a while. How are the Chinese able to sell their phones for the price you quoted? The only advantage Chinese OEMs have is well organized factories for assembling phones. They do not design the phones, they do not manufacture the chips, they do not manufacture the displays.. They are simply sweatshops assembling components.
/This is highly OT, and I do agree with boycotting Chinese goods, but have to correct for accuracy. My last post on the topic.

To deal with any threat, you need to understand it first instead of being dismissive. The highlighted portions of what you wrote were probably true 10-15 years ago, but currently they have cutting edge design capabilities, and a Chinese display manufacturer is one of the largest (or the largest depending on how you count/read the stats) in the world.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Siddhu may be a bit crazy and more than a bit pompous, so ignore him.
How do you know? Have you been in combat? Its a completely uncalled for jibe on a population that has finally had enough. Regardless of any febrile imagination, cricket is not war and batting against fast baller is not combat.

Agree, that a line of contact should be open, but he could have simply avoided comment. Here, the Indian govt. is imposing sanctions on the state of Pakistan and he is saying, we cant hold the state of Pakistan responsible!
vishals
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vishals »

sudeepj wrote:
chetak wrote:
let us not fool ourselves.

no general is either that naive or that foolish.

his statements have left a very bad taste and yet he said it, knowing full well the implications.

BTW, no one can be misused/used unless he is willing, it is like taking the horse to the water.

and this one is certainly a willing horse, a very eager horse, in fact.
Exactly my feeling. These people are extremely savvy and know exactly what they say, you cant get a careless word out of them. Is this gentleman any relative of the Huddas who were running Haryana for a while?
Relative or not. Bhupinder Singh Hooda is a former CM of Haryana. And it's known that Haryana Jaat's favour Congi!
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Is this real or a joke?
Out Of Fear, Pakistan Army Mistakenly Shoots Down Its Own Aircraft
After the Pulwama terror attack, Pakistan is constantly living in the fear of India’s revenge. The country is under a tremendous panic mode and that is evident from its actions. Imran Khan claims that he’s ready for war and that Pakistan shall retaliate in case India attacks them, which clearly shows that both Imran Khan and the Pakistan Army is a spending sleepless nights. However, the fact that Pakistan is panicking got further established when the Pakistan Army shot down an aircraft, which was its own.

Reportedly, on Thursday evening, a Pakistan Army aircraft was hovering above the LOC (Line Of Control) to keep a track on the movements by Indian Army. But the Pakistan army mistook it for an Indian Airforce aircraft and shot it down. The news became viral despite various efforts by Pakistan to hide it.

Pakistan is likely to blame India for the incident as it has done previously when it shot down an Amazon service drone. Details awaited.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Dilbu wrote:Is this real or a joke?
Out Of Fear, Pakistan Army Mistakenly Shoots Down Its Own Aircraft
After the Pulwama terror attack, Pakistan is constantly living in the fear of India’s revenge. The country is under a tremendous panic mode and that is evident from its actions. Imran Khan claims that he’s ready for war and that Pakistan shall retaliate in case India attacks them, which clearly shows that both Imran Khan and the Pakistan Army is a spending sleepless nights. However, the fact that Pakistan is panicking got further established when the Pakistan Army shot down an aircraft, which was its own.

Reportedly, on Thursday evening, a Pakistan Army aircraft was hovering above the LOC (Line Of Control) to keep a track on the movements by Indian Army. But the Pakistan army mistook it for an Indian Airforce aircraft and shot it down. The news became viral despite various efforts by Pakistan to hide it.

Pakistan is likely to blame India for the incident as it has done previously when it shot down an Amazon service drone. Details awaited.
It seems to be a satire/parody news site. So no.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

sudeepj wrote:

Especially at the higher end, Indians can afford to pay more and buy Samsung, iPhones, Nokia etc. rather than go for devices that are tainted with the blood of our brave soldiers.
Introduce a "National Security Tax" the NST & apply to chinese goods. Use/justify the Revenue to build up Indian industry/alternatives to Chinese goods.
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

It's amusing to read the views on this forum. When UN Security Council passes a resolution condemning Pulwama attack , it's called a dogbone to water down Indian retaliation. If it did not pass it , it would be said that P5 are backing paki terror against India . No matter what they do , dhoti will shiver.

US gave a signal that India has the right to retaliate. When no retaliation came in 5 days , it might have mistaken GoI will to fight , so might have given a way out for GoI , stating softly to bring down tensions.

Fact of the matter is , the world is confused about GoI intentions .
The world is OK if India retaliates , it's OK if it does not .

We can't blame them for their support . Modi govt retaliation against Pulwama attack is becoming like Ram Mandir construction at Ayodhya ," Mandir wahin banayenge par date nahin batayenge ."
Last edited by Chinmayanand on 22 Feb 2019 23:21, edited 1 time in total.