BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Air Forces Strikes PoK along with Ground Assault

Post by abhijitm »

pakistan saying we dropped bomb on open field :lol:
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

I saw this tweet from Paki, just a few weeks ago... (They claimed to made a kill)
Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor's Verified account
@OfficialDGISPR

Pakistan Army troops shot down Indian Spy Quadcopter in Bagh Sector along Line of Control. Not even a quadcopter will be allowed to cross LOC, In Shaa Allah.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dv1y7ZNWsAAHduQ.jpg
Last edited by Amber G. on 26 Feb 2019 10:42, edited 2 times in total.
chandrasekaran
BRFite

Post by chandrasekaran »

A remarkable day!!! The lines have been re-drawn forever. A great day for Bharat! Vande Mataram!!
1000's of pranams to Shri Modi and to everyone involved.

Pappu or Moun Mohan or God forbid any of the other jokers, even if they manage to get into the gaddi, can *never ever* sit idle.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

yensoy wrote:
Sid wrote:P.S. ISPR claiming IAF released their payload in open area causing no damage, already in denial mode.
Yes the area is wide open now. Do they know what was there before IAF released the payload?
Thakur_B wrote:Now that precedent is set, strikes shall happen with impunity on a regular basis.
The problem with a girlfriend like Pakistan is that one has to surprise her every time in a different way. This is a good start, a great start.
No one has a girlfriend that's a hinjra.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

how many bandars were lost while trying to peep? there are many fake pics from pakis. don't post it here.

that dropping bomb on open field claim is a fake showing some farm place to grow weeds.
Last edited by SaiK on 26 Feb 2019 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
Bharadwaj
BRFite

Post by Bharadwaj »

Paki chadi removed...... Their news channels are hilarious. When the IAF footage hits the road these jokers will have nowhere to run. NAMO has truly lived up to his word.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

News Channels are reporting GOI is going to release videos of the strike.

Mirages took off from Ambala AFS
Last edited by williams on 26 Feb 2019 10:39, edited 1 time in total.
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

Link to a NaPaki channel. They themselves are saying fighters (Bharati tayyaraa) entered via Muzaffarabad and hit Bagalkot, the city in Khyber Pakhtunwala.

I am searching for Tauba Tauba guy.
John
BRF Oldie

Post by John »

I saw this tweet from Paki, just a few weeks ago... (They claimed to made a kill)
It crash landed; these are cheap drones and designed to be expendable, hence they made of plastic a single bullet will rip it apart and this shows no damage.
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

Rakesh wrote:Major General Asif Ghafoor, Official Spokesperson for the Pakistan Armed Forces has released pictures of ***SUPPOSEDLY*** pieces of an IAF payload in Balakot.

https://twitter.com/OfficialDGISPR/stat ... 6348617728
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0TOxK0XgAEGzDm.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0TOxLwWkAA0RIy.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0TOxK9XcAE_CpU.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0TOxLpX4AE8Et5.jpg
Great news, and pakistan admitting India hit them before GOI announcement is even better

I think the crater and destruction caused by a 1000lb LGB on a slope will be fare greater, looks more like a shell crater
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Now that is a jhaapad, even if one pig wasn’t killed the best part about this is we have taken their mask of their nooclear nautanki. Btw, it suits them to say that no one was killed nothing happened... Next round with teja going in from thanjavur please
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

chetak wrote:
Karan M wrote:
Or we did heavy jamming. That is also quite possible.

I can bet you guys that behind the Mirage 2000 strike team, was the retribution package full of Su-30s and additional Mirages. :lol:
The PAF has always been particularly shy of tangling with the IAF.

They quietly sat it out in kargil.

we will have to see what they do now.
I am reasonably sure we would have jammed their primary radars - noise jammers, deception, the works. Multiple jammers, multiple platforms. Then followed by the strike package, and our main force waiting behind. They didnt know what was happening, by the time they did, they decided to run. Kargil redux. :lol:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:
Karan M wrote:
Rakesh, they detected us for sure and just got out of the way.

I can bet you guys that behind the Mirage 2000 strike team, was the retribution package full of Su-30s and additional Mirages. :lol:
Undoubtedly, as also a very visibly evident deterrent retribution package , with multiple attendant AWACS in a standoff role.

such a set of cheer leaders is enough to make the PAF lie low.

This would taken the hans by surprise as well, and it also puts them on notice that a new sheriff is in town and not what they expected like from the previous docile and cheeni servile dispensations.

Games like doklam and taking forward the wuhan sprit in most unexpected ways seems to be our guy's forte.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

no ^^^ those are not pics of bombing at all.. pay attention to leveling and not craters
Last edited by SaiK on 26 Feb 2019 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

https://twitter.com/manupubby/status/11 ... 7233568768
No official word yet but @CivMilAir shows an Indian ERJ 145 early warning aircraft and an IL 78 mid air tanker are in the air.

Strong signals that the western air command has been very active today.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Karan M wrote:NAMO has openly challenged and broken the entire paradigm on which the Pak terror factory operated, their claim of being safe in their havens in mainland Pakistan.

The only option that TSP has available today is to escalate majorly in a subconventional manner. But that is unlikely to get them the results they are seeking.

The best outcome is that the Condom will now have to be discarded.

Or he will totally discredit the TSPA completely.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

chetak wrote:
Karan M wrote:

Undoubtedly, as also a very visibly evident deterrent retribution package , with multiple attendant AWACS in a standoff role.

such a set of cheer leaders is enough to make the PAF lie low.

This would taken the hans by surprise as well, and it also puts them on notice that a new sheriff is in town and not what they expected like from the previous docile and cheeni servile dispensations.

Games like doklam and taking forward the wuhan sprit in most unexpected ways seems to be our guy's forte.
You said it.

"Pick a fight and see what happens" mode from the IAF.

Modi & team seem to be adept at sending messages to the lizard by making the pig squeal.
Bharadwaj
BRFite

Post by Bharadwaj »

The video of the bhandar helplessly flying is comical.... No doubt Paki air defenses were completely jammed and had no idea till it was too late. Times now reporting Sukhois were top cover so we cannot rule out the possibility that they nailed a couple of bhandars after the mission was over.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

chetak wrote:

I doubt the Chinese would be surprised at all. India not only stopped them physically in Dokalam, their diplomatic missives....recall teh 16-page memorandum they sent India explaining why Zom Pelri is their ilaaka and they can build their sadak onto Bhutan. India responded with a dismissive one-liner (literally a one liner). RIght then and there, any one with half a brain would have known there's a new sheriff in town.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Times now reporting Sukhois were top cover so we cannot rule out the possibility that they nailed a couple of bhandars after the mission was over.

I am glad to be proven correct in my guess-estimation. I expected this very thing (check my reply earlier in the thread). :lol:

It gets better and better, with Su-30s also in the game. :lol:

They sent a valhalla into Pakistan.

(term used for a kick the door down strike team)
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter
Friends, some people will try to create doubts about IAF attacks.

They will do it in subtle, intellectual, journalistic but effective ways.

Please remember, it’s also time for us to defeat these #UrbanNaxals - India’s invisible enemies, alongwith terrorists.

Arun.prabhu
BRFite

Post by Arun.prabhu »

Good. I’m gratified that the Indian armed forces were finally given the political backing they need to act effectively. I’m saddened because this means an end to my liberate POK dream. Perhaps the glorious Mughal-e-Azam will escalate? One hopes.

I read somewhere on this thread words to the effect that the PAF was on alert and yet we did this. Was there any doubt we couldn’t do it? The 10000 sortie exercise we did last year - or the year before? - was proof enough that the IAF can do whatever it damn well pleases in South Asia and no one can challenge it without being whipped like curs. This is just proof in the pudding, though one needs to remember that the ISI masters of the Jihadis probably didn’t coordinate with the Pakistani Air Force or navy before they ordered the strike in Pulwama. Given the state of funding, drearth of effective weaponry and peacetime availability rates - they weren’t expecting a war. Why would they make their Air Force ready for high tempo combat operations (which continuous patrolling across such a long border requires?) - I’m not surprised that the PAF didn’t interdict. Next time may be harder, but if they want to try it, let them come and we’ll see if they are hard enough.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

@Chetak, response:

Madamji, jahan par bhi aap ka sasural hain, wahin per bomb gire.
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

create a new thread to track idiot journos trying to minimize this chaddi spanking.. Keep only spanking news here. Don't want a=holes in this thread.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Cybaru wrote:create a new thread to track idiot journos trying to minimize this chaddi spanking.. Keep only spanking news here. Don't want a=holes in this thread.
+1
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

So NaMo has sent armed forces in 4 countries in last 4 years.

Burma 1x
Pukistan 2x
China 1x
Bhutan1x

NaMo NaMo
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

chetak wrote:twitter
Friends, some people will try to create doubts about IAF attacks.

They will do it in subtle, intellectual, journalistic but effective ways.

Please remember, it’s also time for us to defeat these #UrbanNaxals - India’s invisible enemies, alongwith terrorists.

Someone with a twitter account should respond with "Whatdya think :mrgreen: ?"
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

On my way to the office is saw the Indian masses going on with their lives like it was a typical day.

It is not a typical day. But I am so happy that people just went about their business like it was a typical day.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Katare wrote:So NaMo has sent armed forces in 4 countries in last 4 years.

Burma 1x
Pukistan 2x
China 1x
Bhutan1x

NaMo NaMo
Bhutan no. India provides for Bhutan's defence along with the Bhutanese. They are our brothers.
prashantsharma
BRFite

Post by prashantsharma »

Closest PAF base to the targets is Chaklala (assuming it even bases an ORP) is 90 km away. Next closest PAF base is Minhas-Kamra a further 20 km away. Furthest target Balakot is just about 50 km from the LOC (other 2 targets are within artillery range of the border). Factor in the standoff launch ranges of the PGMs, and PAF's ORP reaction time - very difficult for the PAF to respond effectively. Good target selection as well on the part of the IAF.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

This has been a profoundly proud day for the IAF and its support team including our homegrown gear, India and Modi & his team.

A profoundly humiliating day for the PAF, Pakistan and the entire Pakistani establishment, the cowards that they are.
rahul_r
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rahul_r »

Can someone so a quick image search of the photos posted by ispr? I’m sure some of them might already be floating around
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Vicky Koushal to play IAF officer in Surgical Strike sequel.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

prashantsharma wrote:Closest PAF base to the targets is Chaklala (assuming it even bases an ORP) is 90 km away. Next closest PAF base is Minhas-Kamra a further 20 km away. Furthest target Balakot is just about 50 km from the LOC (other 2 targets are within artillery range of the border). Factor in the standoff launch ranges of the PGMs, and PAF's ORP reaction time - very difficult for the PAF to respond effectively. Good target selection as well on the part of the IAF.
They have hit 3 sets of targets. So, there would have been time to respond. Judging by the PAFs adroit thinking as during the time of Kargil, they will not engage until and unless the odds favor them.
Jayram
BRFite

Post by Jayram »

Question to light up the target do we need SF folks across the border lying in wait to help laser guided bombs and if so are those folks still out there ? or is done thru a pathfinder jet and nothing on the ground?
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

Do we think we will do a follow on? can we establish a no fly zone over pok?
Arun.prabhu
BRFite

Post by Arun.prabhu »

I would expect at least a couple of our mirages to have been loaded for interdiction, one for Electronic warfare and the rest mostly loaded with A2G munitions and maybe a couple of AAMs each for a nice rounded package. The IAF Vould have gone with a more conservative loaf out - we don’t know - but this sounds about right for a raid of this size.

As the the MKIs,well, it can’t just be the mirages that we’re involved in the raid. The IAF would have been on high alert to defend against responses. Quite possibly, the MKIs flew air cover for the mirages, which would mean another ten to twenty thousand pounds of Indian loving to raghead rears on Pakistani soil.

IAF - bang for the Pakistani muck! Lol
Karan M wrote:Times now reporting Sukhois were top cover so we cannot rule out the possibility that they nailed a couple of bhandars after the mission was over.

I am glad to be proven correct in my guess-estimation. I expected this very thing (check my reply earlier in the thread). :lol:

It gets better and better, with Su-30s also in the game. :lol:

They sent a valhalla into Pakistan.

(term used for a kick the door down strike team)
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

It was IA in 2015-16, IAF in 2019. Time for IN to join the party, without any preceding cowardly terror attacks of course.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

PAF Stance whenever PA provokes anything

"Discretion is the better part of valor"

http://kaiser-aeronaut.blogspot.com/200 ... force.html
Kargil Conflict and Pakistan Air Force

To prevent the mission from being seen as an escalatory step in the already charged atmosphere, PAF had to lure Indian fighters into its own territory, ie Azad Kashmir or the Northern Areas. That done, a number of issues had to be tackled. What if the enemy aircraft were hit in our territory but fell across, providing a pretext to India as a doubly aggrieved party? What if one of our own aircraft fell, no matter if the exchange was one-to-one (or better)? Finally, even if we were able to pull off a surprise, would it not be a one-off incident, with the IAF becoming wiser in quick time? The over-arching consideration was the BVR missile capability of IAF fighters which impinged unfavourably on the mission success probability. The conclusion was that a replication of the famous four-Vampire rout of 1st September 1965 by two Sabres might not be possible. The idea of a fighter sweep thus fizzled out as quickly as it came up for discussion.

While the PAF looked at some offensive options, it had a more pressing defensive issue at hand. The IAF’s minor border violations during recce missions were not of grave consequence in so far as no bombing had taken place in our territory; however, the fact that these missions helped the enemy refine its air and artillery targeting, was, to say the least, disconcerting. There were constant reports of our troops on the LOC disturbed to see, or hear, IAF fighters operating with apparent impunity. The GHQ took the matter up with the AHQ and it was resolved that Combat Air Patrols (CAPs) would be flown by the F-16s operating out of Minhas (Kamra) and Sargodha. This arrangement resulted in less on-station time but was safer than operating out of vulnerable Skardu, which had inadequate early warning in the mountainous terrain; its status as a turn-around facility was, however, considered acceptable for its location. A flight of F-7s was, nonetheless, deployed primarily for point defence of the important garrison town of Skardu as well as the air base.

F-16 CAPs could not have been flown all day long as spares support was limited under the prevailing US sanctions. Random CAPs were resorted to, with a noticeable drop in border violations only as long as the F-16s were on station. There were a few cases of F-16s and Mirage-2000s locking their adversaries with the on-board radars, but caution usually prevailed and no close encounters took place. After one week of CAPs, the F-16 maintenance personnel indicated that war reserve spares were being eaten into and that the activity had to be ‘rationalised’, a euphemism for discontinuing it altogether. That an impending war occupied the Air Staff’s minds was evident in the decision by the DCAS (Ops) for F-16 CAPs to be discontinued, unless IAF activity became unbearably provocative or threatening.

Those not aware of the gravity of the F-16 operability problem under sanctions have complained of the PAF’s lack of cooperation. Suffice it to say that if the PAF had been included in the initial planning, this anomaly (along with many others) would have emerged as a mitigating factor against the Kargil adventure. It is another matter that the Army high command did not envisage operations ever coming to such a pass. Now, it was almost as if the PAF was to blame for the Kargil venture spiralling out of control.

It must also be noted that other than F-16s, the PAF did not have a capable enough fighter for patrolling, as the minimum requirement in this scenario was an on-board airborne intercept radar, exceptional agility and sufficient staying power. F-7s had reasonably good manoeuvrability but lacked an intercept radar as well as endurance, while the ground attack Mirage-III/5s and A-5s were sitting ducks for the air combat mission.

In sum, the PAF found it expedient not to worry too much about minor border violations and instead, conserve resources for the larger conflagration that was looming. All the same, it gave the enemy no pretext for retaliation in the face of any provocation, :lol: though this latter stance irked some quarters in the Army that were desperate to ‘equal the match’. Might it strike to some that PAF’s restraint in warding off a major conflagration may have been its paramount contribution to the Kargil conflict?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SriKumar wrote:
chetak wrote:

I doubt the Chinese would be surprised at all. India not only stopped them physically in Dokalam, their diplomatic missives....recall teh 16-page memorandum they sent India explaining why Zom Pelri is their ilaaka and they can build their sadak onto Bhutan. India responded with a dismissive one-liner (literally a one liner). RIght then and there, any one with half a brain would have known there's a new sheriff in town.
In doklam, the new sheriff only stood them off, but now the very same guy has drawn his pistol and used it, leaving no doubts in anyone's mind that his usually holstered and hitherto unused weapon is not merely for show.

This will cause many foreign capitals to reassess India and Modi now.

Let us watch for the reactions of the OIC. Then we will know clearly kahan mirchi laga

Incidentally, whilst all this was being planned, he went about his normal public activities in the most routine way possible, lulling even his stoutest fans in India.