Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Air Forces Strikes Pakistan along with Ground Assault

Post by Singha »

Mohammad
@FollwrOfDeen
3h3 hours ago

Replying to @rwac48 @suhasinih
War isn't about casualties or truth, dead bodies are just statistics, war is about objectives and narratives, not sure about long term but tactically Indians have shown air superiority over best armed military in the region ( at least on paper)
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

This was badla for IC814
Yeh dil maange more!
The #JeM terrorist who ran the training camp in #Balakot was one of the hijackers of IC814 in Dec 1999, that ended with Masood Azhar's release in Kandahar, in exchange for all passengers, reports @vijaita here: #IndianAirForce

Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

I am waiting for footage of bhabijaan with whiskey in one haath and syringe in other, standing astride pakjarnail administering slaps and asking where the radar power supply is...

wait... did we kill the L&M dhaaga...?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

https://www.thetruepicture.org/indian-a ... -just-war/
Therefore, the airstrikes by India have been in sync with the spirit and letter of the highest traditions of ethical warfare and globally-recognised just war principles. This operation not only denotes the professional competence of Indian armed forces to strike with such precision, but also the high moral standing of the soldiers serving the nation.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Final justice for paki dog behaviors is an eventuality that gives perfect analogy to the situation. BTW the "burial" is delayed due to weather conditions.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Gafoor bhai in the press conference said, "our strategy did not involve keeping the entire airforce in air,if they had done ground incursion they would have got the right reply".

So Pak is fully led by PA plans and PAF is a sideshow. Publicly called PAF as idiots. PA was expected another Para-SF led SS. Given the weather situation probably a bait was laid in LoC.

Another Para-SF strike was the view of Pak twitter crowd, while desi crowd was of the view of bigger than SS. Very interesting how it was so obvious yet Paks missed it all together. They have been taken in by decades of in-action by us.
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

Randi TV is trying to build a narrative of shallow penetration strike. Actually glide weapons 1000kg class released by maneuvering low flying fighter may not range of more than 5-10 km compared to ideal brochure range of 60km.

Off course in future swarm OF SAAW, SDB, Garuda etc may be released with 100km range by high flying aircraft from well within our borders
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Singha wrote:https://twitter.com/Chandrruiyer/status ... 2276582401

paki dog attacks and harasses a chained tiger
The interesting thing is that the tiger (in that video, and analogy) is still chained. The day will come with the tiger is finally free from the chains of the last few centuries and unleashed in all it's majesty.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

331 guests and so many logged in!! wow! BRF must be moving in the ranks for India. I had found out sometime last year that the alexia rank or whatever the rank provider is, BRF was in in top 20 websites. I think that must have gone up a bit now. May our tribe prosper. I am on another group "Indians in London" Some of the comments on the group are nauseating,
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Seems like as I expected we did a strike on terror, called for ceasefire and let all the big boys know. Thrown the ball in Pak court if they want to respond.

Given we have indicated ceasefire, US will now put pressure on Pak to not escalate.

However for H&D among mango abdul, US will let PA vent some steam for few days to maintain "balance in South Asia", before forcing hard ceasefire.

I expect some Pak action against our units in Kashmir as part of "strikes against oppressing army of 600,000" and " self determination".

This allows it to limit the fight in LoC, as it restricts any IA offensive due to weather.

We got to pound them hard until the ceasefire is forced.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Bharadwaj
BRFite

Post by Bharadwaj »

Vishnu Som on twitter quoting sources saying we may have to wait for the sat intel given the poor weather over the area. I am guessing there is footage either from on ground intel or from the weapon itself but may not be releasable for obvious classified/protection reasons. Nevertheless gives an opportunity to the pakis to clean up before calling in the sympathetic western media.
Last edited by Bharadwaj on 26 Feb 2019 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Don't you think Pakis were justified in looking for strategic depth. After all even before someone could wake up, go out and restore the power, Balakot had become history.
It is like IAF was waiting since Kargil to bitch slap Pakis. Without any fear or concern, They went in, did Hi-Hello, dropped few friendly 1000 KG's Laddoos and came back.
Now Indian Navy must be drawing up plans to celebrate Diwali around Karachi & Gwadar port.
If my tea reading are right, Next in line is Afghans and Iranis giving jhapad to Pakis now. Once the dhoti comes off, everyone makes fun of you. So is KSA still interested in hiring Pakis for their wars ?
Talking of KSA, Did India wait because MBS was visiting Pak and later Bharat. As soon as he left, the flankers took off.

Was in train today listening to mango Abdul and everyone was like, 'This was bound to happen. Knowing Modiji, He will not let any evil go unpunished. We just need to be patient and trust him'.
Y I Patel
BRFite

Post by Y I Patel »

I got a video of Wagah border crossing today on WhatsApp . Carnival
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

CFV along LoC can be a double-edged sword for naPakis. IA will have good reasons for cross-border operations under the guise of hot-pursuit.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Pound their HQ with 155MM, they will get the response.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^there were rumours on twitter, FWIW, that IN submarines were posted closer to Gwadar adn Karachi to confuse the pakis. I wonder where do people get this information and boast it on twitter.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/iaf-str ... -topscroll
A day after the Pulwama terror attack, PM Modi chaired a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security, in which it was decided that India needs to send a strong message, say sources.

"PM spoke a dozen times on Pulwama in the meeting and the need for a strong reply. There was a need to send a message to the terrorists too," said sources.
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pm-modi ... -topscroll
PM Modi Meets Military Chiefs After Air Strike On Jaish Terror Camp
New Delhi:

Prime Minister Narendra Modi met the three military chiefs this evening, hours after the Indian Air Force crossed the Line of Control and conducted "non-military, pre-emptive air strikes" in Balakot on the biggest training camp of terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed, killing over 300 terrorists including Jaish chief Masood Azhar's brother-in-law.
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/iaf-str ... -topscroll

As Jets Flew To Balakot, Eye In The Sky 'Netra' Was Operational Brain
IAF Balakot strike: The Netra, an airborne warning and control system or AWACS aircraft, was flying well inside Indian airspace while it was guiding Mirage 2000 jets towards Balakot
New Delhi:

The home-made eye in the sky, Netra, was the operational brain that guided the Indian Air Force's Mirage 2000-5 IN hours before dawn as they flew towards Balakot, 80 km from the Line of Control, and bombed a camp of the terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed.

The Netra, an airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) aircraft, was flying well inside Indian airspace while it was providing surveillance and radar coverage for the "non-military pre-emptive action" carried out by the Mirage jets at 3:30 am.

The Netra can detect radar signals, and eavesdrop on and listen to all communications that takes place among Pakistan's armed forces. It does not carry any active cameras but all the electronic intelligence it gathers can be beamed back live to commanders on the ground. The national security establishment can also monitor the operations live in New Delhi, using data sent from the Netra.

Two Netra planes have been delivered to the Air Force, while a third is still with the DRDO undergoing tests to develop an advanced version.

The development of Netra started in 2007 at a cost of Rs. 2,460 crore. The final product was delivered in 2017.

"Today, the investment in the Netra has fully paid back to the country," said Mr Christopher.

The Netra uses sophisticated active radar to do its precision job.

The Netra can fly for five hours at a stretch, but with air-to-air refuelling, it can fly for nine hours. The AWACS can accommodate five flight controllers who can directly communicate with ground controllers and airborne pilots as they fly towards the target. New Delhi can listen into what the Netra is watching using a data link.

The aircraft can also be patched with satellite-based platforms. Recently, the Indian Air Force got its dedicated satellite called GSAT-7A made by the Indian Space Research Organisation. Using satellite-based communication system, the reach of the Netra becomes very large.

The DRDO has tested the Netra by flying it from high-altitude airfields like Srinagar and Leh.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

why just 3???? till the time we have chappatis can't we have kulfi??wonder why the phalcon AWACS was not used
Will
BRFite

Post by Will »

Seems the Netra was involved. Is the Netra capable of electronic warfare/jamming? Could explain why the Paki airdefence went to sleep.

Not to be a kill joy but the targets hit were dispensable. These one off strikes, are not going to do much, besides bragging rights. Expect follow ups to make the Paki’s really pay. If not it will be same cycle again. Pakistan and specially their army needs to know that there will be costs. Unless you target the Paki army and make the generals jumpy , you haven’t achieved much besides symbolism.
Last edited by Will on 26 Feb 2019 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

ArjunPandit wrote:^^there were rumours on twitter, FWIW, that IN submarines were posted closer to Gwadar adn Karachi to confuse the pakis. I wonder where do people get this information and boast it on twitter.
From here:

https://www.republicworld.com/india-new ... rror-camps

One thing to note is that Dawn and The Nation news sites have disabled comments section!
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Dimmy Khan must be cursing his luck today. Became PM with bankrupt economy, had to go out with Kashkol, FATF sword hanging over the head and SDRE yindoos decide to cross the red lines and all this within 6 months of coming to power.
Which Brother-in-law of Masood Azhar ? Must have been his own brother who became BiL of Masood later.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

ArjunPandit wrote:why just 3???? till the time we have chappatis can't we have kulfi??wonder why the phalcon AWACS was not used
Netra was patrolling the punjab-raj border. a phalcon was most surely used over J&K but not mentioned. to add some insult the Netra switched on its civilian transponder this morning to let everyone know what it was
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

nam wrote:Seems like as I expected we did a strike on terror, called for ceasefire and let all the big boys know. Thrown the ball in Pak court if they want to respond.

Given we have indicated ceasefire, US will now put pressure on Pak to not escalate.

However for H&D among mango abdul, US will let PA vent some steam for few days to maintain "balance in South Asia", before forcing hard ceasefire.

I expect some Pak action against our units in Kashmir as part of "strikes against oppressing army of 600,000" and " self determination".

This allows it to limit the fight in LoC, as it restricts any IA offensive due to weather.

We got to pound them hard until the ceasefire is forced.
You overestimate the influence that US has (at least in the last decade or so, the 90s and early 2000s might be a different matter). The US pressure angle is quite popular among Indians in particular as it helps tide over some of the cognitive dissonance created by our former leaders lack of action.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

zoverian wrote:@ all can someone please help me to understand how to post an image here.
[img]web-link-of-image[/img]
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Singha wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote:why just 3???? till the time we have chappatis can't we have kulfi??wonder why the phalcon AWACS was not used
Netra was patrolling the punjab-raj border. a phalcon was most surely used over J&K but not mentioned. to add some insult the Netra switched on its civilian transponder this morning to let everyone know what it was
I loved that part, it was like who's the boss. Or as we Endians say, "kya ukhaad loge"
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Shivaji wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote:^^there were rumours on twitter, FWIW, that IN submarines were posted closer to Gwadar adn Karachi to confuse the pakis. I wonder where do people get this information and boast it on twitter.
From here:

One thing to note is that Dawn and The Nation news sites have disabled comments section!
Yes, I noticed that for the brief period that they were open there were Pakis lambasting their forces and government, so they quickly (probably were instructed) shut them down.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Y I Patel wrote:I got a video of Wagah border crossing today on WhatsApp. Carnival
If you have a web link, please post. We all want to share in Carnival :)
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

I hope we get as many Mirage 2000's available from other countries. Both Qatar and Taiwan were willing to sell their birds to us.
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

Shekhar Gupta's advise to Immu Pathanwalah

Bhailog...what do I boast about my sense of pride? Its soaring high...congratulations to all of us.

Next thing on To Do list: Eliminate Dawood RAW style
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

@ANI
3m3 minutes ago
More
J&K: NIA carried out searches at 7 locations in Srinagar today in connection with J&K terror funding case. These included premises of separatist leaders Yasin Malik, Shabbir Shah, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, Mohd Ashraf Khan, Masarat Alam, Zaffar Akbar Bhat & Naseem Geelani.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

@ANI
34s35 seconds ago
More ANI Retweeted ANI
J&K: Property papers, financial transactions receipts,bank a/c details,letter heads of different terrorist orgs&documents relating to recommendations for visa for admn in Pak edu institutions found. High tech internet communication set up recovered from Mirwaiz Farooq's residence
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

Y I Patel wrote:I got a video of Wagah border crossing today on WhatsApp . Carnival
Rakesh wrote: If you have a web link, please post. We all want to share in Carnival :)
https://twitter.com/iSinghApurva/status ... 9473934336

The sight of Indians singing, dancing and waving flags..amazing. All because this govt showed them how a great power is supposed to behave. Every patriotic India will walk with a spring in his/her step and feel a little taller.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Thank you Sudhan. Greatly appreciated.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

@Iyervval
8h8 hours ago
More Abhijit Iyer-Mitra Retweeted Ayesha Siddiqa
East or west, abottabad fails the test

@iamthedrifter
Seems like we can’t defend Abbotabad
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Vips wrote:I hope we get as many Mirage 2000's available from other countries. Both Qatar and Taiwan were willing to sell their birds to us.
sir, now repeat after me, i hope we get as many Tejas from HAL. If you are still keen on splurging money then ask for rafales
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Shivaji wrote:
From here:

stack overflow anyone?? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Bharadwaj
BRFite

Post by Bharadwaj »

I get sneaky the feeling that the Sukhois or the upgs will taste bandhar or solah blood tonight. The pakis have perennial premature..... errr...... strategic issues and will likely send some goats for the sacrifice.