Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Sid
BRFite

Re: Indian Air Forces Strikes Pakistan along with Ground Assault

Post by Sid »

wow... this reminds me of Comical Ali briefings during Bagdad war.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Singha wrote:Image
Rats leaving sinking ship.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

even refuelers may be flying with transponders off and hiding near the regular airlanes. so will be hard to tell how many CAPs are up. for sure a lot of a/c are on hot standby on the bases. and the AD radars will be keeping a careful eye.

zero support statements yet from the 4 fathers, so hope is fading that anyone will strongly support TSP. Aus has clearly told tsp to act on cleaning up the JEM/LET itself.
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

With a F-16 (face palm)
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Vips wrote:I hope we get as many Mirage 2000's available from other countries. Both Qatar and Taiwan were willing to sell their birds to us.
Also Greece which is almost bankrupt. I was hoping they would sell us some `saste mein'.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Karan M wrote:As Jets Flew To Balakot, Eye In The Sky 'Netra' Was Operational Brain
IAF Balakot strike: The Netra, an airborne warning and control system or AWACS aircraft, was flying well inside Indian airspace while it was guiding Mirage 2000 jets towards Balakot.
Karan, if there ever was a time for your expertise in military affairs. It is NOW.

Once the dust settles and everything is back to the status quo, please pen a detailed article on the Balakot Strikes. I will ask Saurav Jha to host it on Delhi Defense Review if possible and we can start a new thread (at that time) with your article to start off with.

Seriously brother, you need to do this for all BRFites and for the community at large. If there is anything you need from me, please do not hesitate to ask.
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

sudhan wrote:
Rakesh wrote: If you have a web link, please post. We all want to share in Carnival :)
https://twitter.com/iSinghApurva/status ... 9473934336

The sight of Indians singing, dancing and waving flags..amazing. All because this govt showed them how a great power is supposed to behave. Every patriotic India will walk with a spring in his/her step and feel a little taller.
Any idea what song is playing?
ashishvikas
BRFite

Post by ashishvikas »

ArjunPandit wrote:
Vips wrote:I hope we get as many Mirage 2000's available from other countries. Both Qatar and Taiwan were willing to sell their birds to us.
sir, now repeat after me, i hope we get as many Tejas from HAL. If you are still keen on splurging money then ask for rafales
Also Netra.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Singha wrote:
@iamthedrifter
Ayesha Siddiqa's twitter feed is a goldmine :mrgreen:
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Sid wrote:
wow... this reminds me of Comical Ali briefings during Bagdad war.
Yes and he has tough competition from their FM Qureshi :rotfl:
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

So what are Qamar Bajwa's options now ?
Lick his wounds and retire gracelessly, send signal to 5 columnists to act now in India or ask Army and PAF to cross LOC ?
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Bart S wrote:
You overestimate the influence that US has (at least in the last decade or so, the 90s and early 2000s might be a different matter). The US pressure angle is quite popular among Indians in particular as it helps tide over some of the cognitive dissonance created by our former leaders lack of action.
Reason I follow white media reports is to gauge their thinking. If you read NYT, WP etc, the tone is one of mocking India's claims. They will quote Pakis, they will quote their western brothers, and of course an odd Indian idiot. So what this means is that far from genuinely sympathizing with the Paki evil that India confronts, this is more like entertainment for them, more about equal equal because that is in US interests, more about mocking India's prowess etc. This narrative is exactly what TSP has been riding on. And ModiJi has busted that. My hope is that this time, the pressure will be sustained. Pakis will for sure retaliate, most likely through some pigLeT attack. But if its something major and there is equal equal established, and US calls for talks, India has to up the ante. Things cannot go back to status quo.

Man, the other thing that makes me puke, and glad I have not had my breakfast yet, is the disgusting responses and tweets of the Kashmir Muslim elite traitors. What an ungrateful bunch of b@stards. Wish they would disappear from the face of the earth and leave Kashmir alone. It is this bunch that will be India's Achilles' heel in the coming days, talking the language of Pakis, calling for talks, harping on 'human rights' and rubbish like that.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

DG ISPR states in that briefing that response will definately come and it is Indias turn to wait for our response , hinting at counter strike
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

ArjunPandit wrote:why just 3???? till the time we have chappatis can't we have kulfi??wonder why the phalcon AWACS was not used
The Netra is regularly flying from its designated AFB for trials and further fine tuning etc new capabilities. So the IAF used its regular asset (it has already attained IOC) without deploying Phalcons and alerting them something was up. Why deploy Phalcon, do constant test runs, use up airframe hours, fuel when the already deployed asset can do the job.

Rakesh, I am nowhere near that aware but it would be a privilege to write on the topic.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

^^^
Well written. While some of the accosting of Kashmiris is uncalled for( though understandable given the environment) , what do those hyper-ventilating Indian media persons make of this disgusting Kashmiri elite? Had they been accosted in the rest of India or within the state of J&K, would these same journalists express the same outrage? Because they certainly deserve a piece of Indian peoples' minds, and probably more!
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Austin wrote:
DG ISPR states in that briefing that response will definately come and it is Indias turn to wait for our response , hinting at counter strike
The Pakistanis are such phenomenal idiots that I think decades of inbreeding have completely stunted their IQ with this generals cousin marrying that son etc.

Lets see what they can do. Launch a conventional conflict and get thrashed.

Use non state actors as their response and openly prove Indias point that they are terror sponsors.

In the meantime, by keeping tensions on a boil, the IA keeps hitting them and India keeps buying stuff to improve the services preparedness. And Pakistans forex reserves take a further hit.

We should just expect terror attacks now, because these cowards are only good for that.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

https://twitter.com/RehamKhan1/status/1 ... 9216576513
More Reham Khan Retweeted Gul Bukhari

Kya Pidi Kya Pidi is shorba
Gul Bukhari
Verified account

@GulBukhari
Where is Sheikh Rasheed?
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Karan M wrote:Rakesh, I am nowhere near that aware but it would be a privilege to write on the topic.
I do understand, as news is still trickling in and 24 hours are not even done yet. Just when the dust settles. Thank you :)
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Karan M wrote:We should just expect terror attacks now, because these cowards are only good for that.
I would hope they launch their conventional forces, but they are too chicken sh!t for it.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

CRamS wrote:Reason I follow white media reports is to gauge their thinking. If you read NYT, WP etc, the tone is one of mocking India's claims.
I wanted to give a long detailed update, but the above is true only for Dumb "Media" in US.

I was listening to a radio show where US experts on Central Asia, ME and Indian Subcontinent (South Asia for yoo-ess) were talking post this raid, not of the raid per se, but general geo-politics in Upaghanistan post this raids.

The strategic thinking in US is clear - BAKISTAN IS JIHAD CENTRAL

The rest of the media idiots will like to make "one-to-one" and "balance" so that they can have more "debates" and can sell more ads.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Bharadwaj wrote:I get sneaky the feeling that the Sukhois or the upgs will taste bandhar or solah blood tonight. The pakis have perennial premature..... errr...... strategic issues and will likely send some goats for the sacrifice.
If they get anywhere within 10km of the LoC they will be shot down, and we can claim that they were planning to attack, got engaged and turned around right after our missile was released. My take is that their airspace will be devoid of any flying objects tonight.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Austin wrote:
Question is what is their target of choosing?

1. A military target in J&K.

2. Bait, and jump some lone flights on CAP or interception.

3. Another terrorist attack, an IAF target. Coupled with deniability, designed to embarrass for IAF.

1, or 2, will invite heavy military response. These are high risk low gain options, but will reinstate their image of poor victims.

3 is highly probable, but will invite similar air strikes in PoK, and will make Porkies a defacto terrorist state.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Running my CT mode, I am thinking why did IAF target only one camp, why not LeT as well? It is not always you get an opportunity like this.

I am thinking IAF believes Pak will give us another opportunity.. soon or later. Pressure to retaliate will mount on PA. Since we have no "terror target", PA has to respond on a military asset.

GoI will then flag this as military attack on military target, where we did it on non-military terror target. The allows us to wipe Paks hard in an attrition war.

There is more to this..
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Fantastic job by IAF, hearty congrats. But somebody please tell me, what is this "ground assault" in the title of the thread? It keeps getting mentioned, but I'm not able to find anything on it anywhere. Was there an IA offensive somewhere as well?
CRamS wrote:Reason I follow white media reports is to gauge their thinking. If you read NYT, WP etc, the tone is one of mocking India's claims.
Gauge their thinking, and then do what? Come and whine about it here? Or do you do something productive with that thinking gauging? Just as a reminder, this is what you wrote in the earlier thread:
CRamS wrote:I think we will not see any military action. Trump has prevailed upon ModiJi to go slow while at the same time asking his munna Taliban Khan to throw a few dog bones to India on terror. So Taliban Khan does some token BS like taking over Jaish compound etc. We have seen this script before.

Now you will have the usual cabal in India put more pressure on ModiJi to tone down. And of course, both India and TSP will declare victory. Equal equal galore. Watch for TSP 'guests' to now start appearing on Indian TV spewing this same line.
No offence, but it seems all the thinking gauging is clouding your reason and keeping you from seeing the real picture.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Deans wrote:
Also Greece which is almost bankrupt. I was hoping they would sell us some `saste mein'.
deans sir, seems like you havent realized these guys still have hte grandeur of Alexander. They are planning to buy f35s, 15-20 of them. And you asking them to give mirage to the poor endians who dont have food to eat and toilets to go to (esp after we have fenced teh border). I will happily settle for our chaina murgi of Tejas and gulabjamun of MWF & AMCA. Unless russia has mirages, by the time mod will sign contract we will have tejas coming in no.s
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Bart S wrote:
You overestimate the influence that US has (at least in the last decade or so, the 90s and early 2000s might be a different matter). The US pressure angle is quite popular among Indians in particular as it helps tide over some of the cognitive dissonance created by our former leaders lack of action.
US has lot of hard power. In a fight we put the onus on US to control their munna.

A US Navy air wing will be able to convince the PA quite nicely.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

sudarshan wrote:Fantastic job by IAF, hearty congrats.....
i think it has not ended. There was more to it and will be more to it.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

nam wrote:
US has lot of hard power. In a fight we put the onus on US to control their munna.

A US Navy air wing will be able to convince the PA quite nicely.
what the f16s dont have kill switch?
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Bakistani goat is cooked.

We are watching unraveling of Bakistan.

Be prepared in a year or so to send "hoomanitarian" aid to Bakistan. Basically, potatoes & tomatoes and medicines.

In Bakistan you may see a "coup against armed forces" soon.
Arun.prabhu
BRFite

Post by Arun.prabhu »

Okay, there isn't going to be a war over this. The idiots are using up their artillery barrels all along the LOC, apparently. If they were serious about going to war, the border would be silent, their troops would be preparing for movement, their maintenance depots would be moving heaven and earth replacing batteries, using up spares, cannibalizing parts to make the maximum quantity of equipment combat ready, their quartermasters would be moving their war stocks out of long term, secure storage and prepping them for delivery to forward units...

All of which means that there'll be the usual chest beating and denying everything and maybe a few cross border head hunting expeditions in the weeks to come.
Y I Patel
BRFite

Post by Y I Patel »

Some snippets from ACM Tipnis interview

Previously had said what IAF can do, not what it will do

Air Force advantages stealth flexibility ability to keep enemy guessing with feints ability to select among primary secondary even tertiary targets on the fly

M2k chosen because multi role. Among 12 some strike some a2a some ecm

Need to minimize collateral damage. Enemies with military and terrorists not ordinary people. This restrained strikes to give sane voices a chance. Gave examples ashgar khan noir khan as sane people

Said after kargil indicated need for 50 squadrons. Praised purchase of rafales

Sorry for cryptic post from phone. Some details left out. Overall just what you should expect from military leader of great country
M
Ps
Said other countries have military. Pak military has country
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^i think running fauji foundation has shaken the foundations of fauj. Although I would trust them to do something this time. If they dont I will be afraid that sanity has come to them. Can there be a coup in army btw?
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

Now you have taught your enemy a strong lesson. What would your reaction be to Pakistani counter-action?

Any normal SDRE would just be defensive and minimize own damage and tolerate some damage to give face-saving exit to Pakistanis.

What would current GOI do?

What I have seen of Modi ji, once he has given enough chances, he does not show mercy. He will certainly not take Pakistani counter offensive just to avoid pushing Pakis to the wall.

I think other surprises are already gamed.

I think there is more than meets the eye in Iranian episode where FM and Army chief had some differences and Iranian FM resigned.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

nam, it is called keeping it within the theater.. btw, please do have inter-missions.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Good job. Using AF is a step-up. Now to wait for Pak response if there will be any.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

sudhan wrote:With a F-16 (face palm)

Be great full that they are supporting and not presenting it as an example of brahaminical patriarchal oppression.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

Considering paki response in indian soil might be a stretch, targeting our interests in the larger indian subcontinent is a lower hanging fruit, the mission to afghanistan is often targeted, and with irgc being fair game, maybe chabhar port can also be extended an invitation to enter the quagmire. If their eastern borders are off target, perhaps they can open an outlet to their west.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Singha wrote:even refuelers may be flying with transponders off and hiding near the regular airlanes. so will be hard to tell how many CAPs are up. for sure a lot of a/c are on hot standby on the bases. and the AD radars will be keeping a careful eye.

zero support statements yet from the 4 fathers, so hope is fading that anyone will strongly support TSP. Aus has clearly told tsp to act on cleaning up the JEM/LET itself.
didn't the Embraer show up on flight radar??

was he not buttoned up fully??
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

disha wrote:Bakistani goat is cooked.

We are watching unraveling of Bakistan.

Be prepared in a year or so to send "hoomanitarian" aid to Bakistan. Basically, potatoes & tomatoes and medicines.

In Bakistan you may see a "coup against armed forces" soon.
why be so generous??

as per that tauba tauba guy, they only want tomatoes. :)
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Vikas wrote:So what are Qamar Bajwa's options now ?
Lick his wounds and retire gracelessly, send signal to 5 columnists to act now in India or ask Army and PAF to cross LOC ?
Would Bajwa feel compelled to respond to what is essentially PAF loss of H&D.

We have achieved great success today by denting their psyche & rubbing their ego in mud, but essentially we have killed only the expendable foot soldiers of a ‘non state’ entity.
Their master in ISI/PA remains unscathed except in a loss of face which they will swiftly gloss over by creating some ruse or other.