Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Post by Yogi_G »

Beautiful, as expected, an attempted attack on our defence installation involving brigade level formations. Doors fully open for us to hunt their brown pant army to oblivion. A master stroke. A mig-21 bison on CAP duty taking out a attack force of F-16s - Big H&D loss for Pakis. Guys, tide is in our favour, no reason whatsoever for dhoti shivering. Abhi to match shuru hui hai.
tapan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by tapan »

They attempted to attack our Military installation

Time to go Shaktiman on their asses
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

ManuJ wrote:Rather than being despondent, we should be proud that our boys actually engaged the PAF intruders and thwarted their plans.
Unlike their PAF counterparts who chickened out on the pretext of darkness!

However, how and why the Mig 21 trainer came to the fight is a mystery. I am speculating here, but maybe the timing of the PAF incursion (10 AM) may be responsible for IAF's primary assets not being on CAP and the Mig21 doing the duty?
It is in the highest traditions of the IAF, that a Mig-21 decided to engage multiple F-16s ,which are a generation ahead in capability. We didn't see the PAF do that yesterday. While I too wonder what the Mig-21 trainer was doing in there, I think it would suffice to say that the IAF had a very good reason for doing what it did and I don't think most of us here have the ability to second guess the IAF's strategy.
Last edited by Deans on 27 Feb 2019 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
Arima
BRFite

Post by Arima »

too much of info flying around. can someone post precise of events?
Mi17 down - technical error or shot down
Mig 21 - shot down? or techncial issue? Pilot captured?

Pak Side -
F16 down? shot down by us??

any other info to add??
Last edited by Arima on 27 Feb 2019 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Why would Wing Commander Abhinandan say that he is Hindu. odd thing to say
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

If the MiG21 indeed took down an F16, amrikans are bound to be really pi$$ed. Doubt if pakistanis can claim to not be using F16s since the americans will know one way or another.

Anyway, pakistan has set up a nice cozy little trap for itself.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

AdityaM wrote:Why would Wing Commander Abhinandan say that he is Hindu. odd thing to say
must have been as a response to a question.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Pakistan's objectives to inflict harm on our military installation was not achieved. So it's a loss for them.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

GOI's statement is non-committal as to the future path. Both paths open.

This statement is again more silent keeping the options open.
Last edited by pankajs on 27 Feb 2019 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
gauravsh
BRFite

Post by gauravsh »

abhijitm wrote:
gauravsh wrote:MEA spokesperson said PAF targeted military installations. Ball is in our court now.
Glad Mig-21 got that F-16.
make of aircraft not confirmed.
corrected original post.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

I have a feeling we tried the peace time maneuver of identifying the Aircraft before engaging, rather than engage them with BVR a few km before the LOC>
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

I think MEA has been careful to give Pak a way out. For their domestic audience, for what they are worth, they can claim 2 > 1 (Mi-17 & Mig21),
while we have a F-16 > Mig21 loss. Today's result is even, as far as public perception is concerned. So, we retaliated for Pulwama. Pak tried to counter but lost as much as we did.
mody
BRFite

Post by mody »

No confirmation of which paki plane was shot down. Clearly said attacked our military installation.
I think escalation is on the cards. Hope we plan carefully and if thinks really escalate, have some tangible military and strategic aims chalked out.
I for one would love to see Baltistan captured....would hit the pakis and the chinis at the same time. But I guess that's a little distance away righ now
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

We still need to get our pilot back alive on our terms, not theirs.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

very strange and kind of irresponsible press briefing. Entire nation is waiting for lot of answers but simple couple of sentences in whole day and that's it. What was the point of parading ACM during the brief?

and after the brief the spokesperson was circled by journos in the corner and he was engaging with them. unprofessional behavior.
Last edited by abhijitm on 27 Feb 2019 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
Arima
BRFite

Post by Arima »

mody wrote:No confirmation of which paki plane was shot down. Clearly said attacked our military installation.
I think escalation is on the cards. Hope we plan carefully and if thinks really escalate, have some tangible military and strategic aims chalked out.
I for one would love to see Baltistan captured....would hit the pakis and the chinis at the same time. But I guess that's a little distance away righ now
so is that it??
time for de escalation and doves to land from unkil land and europa?? :shock:
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Mig-21Bison has shot PAF-16.

Another Mig-21 pilot lost presumed to be in Pakistan custody . So this is a different Mig-21 that seemed to have lost compared to the one that shot F-16.

F-16 loss is a H&D loss for PAF
Arun.prabhu
BRFite

Post by Arun.prabhu »

What are you smoking? That was the best kind of briefing. Straight, short, to the point and left the Pakistani HQ guessing about our response. A very good contrast to the Pakistani bloviating.

abhijitm wrote:very strange and kind of irresponsible press briefing. Entire nation is waiting for lot of answers but simple couple of sentences in whole day and that's it. What was the point of parading ACM during the brief?
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

The pilot in Paki custody upheld the brave traditions of the IAF in not shrinking from a fight. As others have pointed out, the IAF fights them over POK whereas they barely dare to come close to the LOC. Nothing to despair about, and this is hopefully going to result in massive punishment for the Pakis.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Arima wrote:too much of info flying around. can someone post precise of events?
Mi17 down - technical error or shot down
technical error as per IAF. Some reliable twitter sources also suggest use of manpads within our territory since there is a smoke trail of a small manouvering missiles. Currently in realm of fog of war.
Mig 21 - shot down? or techncial issue? Pilot captured?
MiG21 scrambled to protect attack against military institutions and it shot down a PAF fighter reportedly a F16

Pak Side -
F16 down? shot down by us??
PAF Can't admit to it because americans have forbid pakistanis to use F16 against friendly countries. And even more worrying is prospect of losing american weapon platforms to their dated russian counterparts.

any other info to add??
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

Folks, if you are not posting any new info, the least you can do is keep the morale positive, whining on any other thread may be acceptable, it is not so here.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

The pilot will be safe, given his images are public.

You will not see PAF pilot bailing out in India side... They could not even strike any target probably.
Schmidt
BRFite

Post by Schmidt »

Why can't we take incoming ac down with AA batteries instead of just using air force ?

I believe this situation is going to escalate , not dial down
ryogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ryogi »

abhijitm wrote:very strange and kind of irresponsible press briefing. Entire nation is waiting for lot of answers but simple couple of sentences in whole day and that's it. What was the point of parading ACM during the brief?
1. That was not the ACM. ACM is Dhanoa.
2. It was a fantastic press briefing, the kind that puts out what information that needs to be put out, and keeps the enemy guessing. Just ask the Chinese.
3. The presence of the IAF officer is an acknowledgement that the Air Force is on board with this information- that it is factually correct.
Arun.prabhu
BRFite

Post by Arun.prabhu »

If you mean guns, because they are for protecting army formations, key military/civilian installations and not for defending the border?
Schmidt wrote:Why can't we take incoming ac down with AA batteries instead of just using air force ?

nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

More important what happened to the Mi17? It was in pieces, as if fell from very high.

It is my CT, probably a Manpad was used locally.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the Wingco did his duty and will do it again if need be.

now GOI must deliver and do their duty. the press conf is fine....sophistry and never ending talk will not subdue TSP. serious damage will.

time to go all in buck naked as bannon ji would say
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Republic is showing videos of IAF yesterday's IAF strike.
Not sure about authenticity.
mody
BRFite

Post by mody »

Arima wrote:
mody wrote:No confirmation of which paki plane was shot down. Clearly said attacked our military installation.
so is that it??
time for de escalation and doves to land from unkil land and europa?? :shock:
??? Please read what I have written. I have said from the press brief, it seems that escalation is on the cards from our side.
However, what I would like is to not just give the pakis a bloody nose, but have larger military/strategic aims, like capture of Baltistan if possible.
That would be a huge blow to not just the pakis, but also to china and a huge strategic gain for us. Would solve siachen question also.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Schmidt wrote:Why can't we take incoming ac down with AA batteries instead of just using air force ?

Because you don't know if the jet flying in POK are attacking, unless they attack.

If 50 PAF jets are in the air, some of the them drop a standoff bomb, the nearest jet will try to engage.

Which is what the Mig-21 probably did in POK. Note Pak said it drop weapon from it's side.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

nam wrote:More important what happened to the Mi17? It was in pieces, as if fell from very high.

why is it more imporant? if we are unwilling or unable to punish TSP now, will a thicker dossier upon conclusion of the manpad theory scare them?
Schmidt
BRFite

Post by Schmidt »

I meant anti aircraft guns and missile batteries
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Time to grind PAF for attack on military target. Pak responded to a attack on terror target by attack military target, indicating support for terror.
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

The removal of the notam concerns me as far as retribution is concerned.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Singha wrote:
nam wrote:More important what happened to the Mi17? It was in pieces, as if fell from very high.

why is it more imporant? if we are unwilling or unable to punish TSP now, will a thicker dossier upon conclusion of the manpad theory scare them?
GoI should bring out if it was manpad. Their early morning strike was random target. If manpad was used, once this dies down, manpad will become regular.

Need to be responded, when we are alright in a fight.
gauravsh
BRFite

Post by gauravsh »

If i see this whole episode fin terms of objectives :
1. We hit a 'Non military terrorist' target deep inside Pakistan.
2. Pakistan tried (will claim hit) on our military targets in response.

This doesn't seem fair to me. From now on pakis will equate their terrorist spots with out military establishment. I am saying this again, we cannot de-escalate now.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Austin wrote:Mig-21Bison has shot PAF-16.

Another Mig-21 pilot lost presumed to be in Pakistan custody . So this is a different Mig-21 that seemed to have lost compared to the one that shot F-16.

F-16 loss is a H&D loss for PAF
It will be far more than a H&D loss. Each F-16 is almost an strategic weapon for them. The rest of the PAF beinh complete shite. They start losing F-16s and their air force becomes a strategic non-factor.

Jai hind! MiG-21 hero! Like the Gnat pilots taking on and destroying Sabres!
Arun.prabhu
BRFite

Post by Arun.prabhu »

Give the PAF some brains. Their strike package courses would be plotted to fly beyond the engagement range of our missile batteries. It is not war yet and going after something that requires a missile battery to defend it is another step towards war. If you'll note the statement they put out after the fact this morning, you'll note that war isn't their intent. The whole exercise was to save face. Given GOI's response, I think this is not the end of it. The sort of directness we saw in the press briefing is ominous.
Schmidt wrote:I meant anti aircraft guns and missile batteries
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

Anant wrote:The removal of the notam concerns me as far as retribution is concerned.
Can't stay up indefinitely. Also must keep up business as usual till balloon goes up.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Schmidt wrote:I meant anti aircraft guns and missile batteries
pulwama, kulgam, badgam stretch is a nest of vipers, anything can be prized out of there. So it would not be surprising.