Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Sachin
Webmaster BR

Re: Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Post by Sachin »

nam wrote:The pilot will be safe, given his images are public.
Safe, but this also gives the Pakis to make bargaining moves. And also giving a chance to the "secular" gang in India to use this for their narrow political agendas. The pilot also would be interrogated by the Pakis (like what happened to Flt. Lt Nachiketa).
More important what happened to the Mi17? It was in pieces, as if fell from very high.
I think this was already known. We lost two of our folks in the Mi-7, and the wreckage and dead bodies were found in Indian side.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

Its only fair, after all the terror camps are part of their military infrastructure, the only difference being(hopefully) more people will notice it now.
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

Paki PM about to address Pakis. He is going to call for peace and such shit.

If we stop here, perception war would be won by Pakis.

No strategic gain I can see. Yes, we escalated, but then Pakis reacted and then we stopped. JeM millitants killed, ISI would make up in few months.
Last edited by Shivaji on 27 Feb 2019 16:03, edited 1 time in total.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

People, Pak attacked us on military target. Let us not get distracted.

The MEA brief is correct and precise. We are not playing PR games.
ryogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ryogi »

Anant wrote:The removal of the notam concerns me as far as retribution is concerned.
To the contrary, it reassures me. The events of the past hour show:

1. GOI is saying, "Our Turn Bi%%ches"
2. Also sending the message that "Life here will carry on as normal, but not in your land. Sleep well, and watch for bed bugs.."

The Pakis have no clue who they are dealing with. They are coming off as a panicky, bumbling bunch where as we are speaking quietly with self-assurance.
Akshay D
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Akshay D »

Outstanding interview with ACM Krishnaswamy on India Today with Rahul Kanwal. Cant really paraphrase, but he's been talking to them for a while now. I'm sure India Today will repeat the interview / phone call.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Guys there will be inquiry into the crash, lets hope its a technical fault and not MANPAD, which represents more danger to our forces. Meanwhile we need the IAF to be bit more ruthless in taking out PAF fighters, BVR weapons, no need to identify target in times like these. We must press Pakis to give our Pilot back, next strike can take place a bit later.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

There will be heavy action on the ground but I believe this is the end of the air war. Where were the MIG 29s in all this. Why were they not flying CAPs.

Any statement from MEA on how the MIL was downed?
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Certainly stopping now will leave the door open to many narratives, not the least those that Pakistanis will use to big themselves and claim victory. It'll be unfortunate if we enter an aftermath where both sides write volumes are written to claim victory by both sides. I'd want a more decisive, public result.
krish.pf
BRFite

Post by krish.pf »

Pakistan will do their outmost to show how caring they are for POW. IAF polit will be given a "royal" treatment and it will be used as PR.

Problem now for India is that it will have to escalate and show Pakistani damage.

My only fear is that their F-16's armed with sidwinder L are good and better then the ruski stuff on the MKI's. IAF only has 50 odd mirages. A question to the Gurus here. What exactly is the situation between IAF and PAF. Not on paper but in reality.
It's not about plane versus plane but system versus system where you take in situational awareness and missile capability into account. I am hoping that we have Phalcons on station keeping for now and having a god's eye view on the airspace and being able to vector planes with BVR missiles to lock in on any PAF planes and jam them at same time. Then at that point it doesn't really matter if you have a MiG or MKI or Mirage although Mig 21s are not exactly frontline type materials due to their age and obsolescence. There is only so much you can do to upgrade before it reaches the limit and you need a new type of plane. Anyways, I am hoping at this point the IAF has figured out its weak spots that allowed the PAF to shoot down a plane or two as the PAF claimed and claim more kills against PAF.
Everyone knows that. But that's how punch lines are made.
No one says, "NASA with thousands of scientists and engineers, billions of tax payer dollars, and thousands of private sector companies landed Niel Armstrong on the moon". People just say "Neil Armstrong was the first man to land on the moon".

In the end, an Indian license manufactured old workhorse MIG-21 shot down a F-16. Let's make the best use of that statement for our own advantage.
Aaryan
BRFite

Post by Aaryan »

Pardon me for sticking my neck out, we accept that one pilot is MIA, Porkis are claiming infront of world that they have 2 pilot in custody. Can someone enlighten on what could have happened???
ryogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ryogi »

Aditya_V wrote:Guys there will be inquiry into the crash, lets hope its a technical fault and not MANPAD, which represents more danger to our forces. Meanwhile we need the IAF to be bit more ruthless in taking out PAF fighters, BVR weapons, no need to identify target in times like these. We must press Pakis to give our Pilot back, next strike can take place a bit later.
Nope. They want us to focus on him, but this is part of the job he signed up for. Let us not betray his sacrifice by letting them use him. There will be more before this is over.
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

I think Pak made a shallow attack.

Bombs fell in empty area.

Even Pakistan said no human loss on Indian side.

Our 2 mig-21s detected and chased formation of 8 F-16s well into Pakistan. Our little tigers Shot down one f-16 down inside Pakistan. But one our own got shot down in this skirmish within Pakistan.

Ghar mein Gus kar Marenge.
gauravsh
BRFite

Post by gauravsh »

Paul wrote:There will be heavy action on the ground but I believe this is the end of the air war. Where were the MIG 29s in all this. Why were they not flying CAPs.

IIRC Mig 29 are based out of Adampur. Squadron that engaged was out of Srinagar.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Sachin wrote:
nam wrote:The pilot will be safe, given his images are public.
Safe, but this also gives the Pakis to make bargaining moves. And also giving a chance to the "secular" gang in India to use this for their narrow political agendas. The pilot also would be interrogated by the Pakis (like what happened to Flt. Lt Nachiketa).
Well, we are not really in a political battle. This a war against terrorist and their supporting state.

The pilot could have been part of the Mirage package attacking Balakot. It does not matter.

Our pilots WILL be bailing out in POK. Happened in Kargil, happened now. They are fighting in enemy territory, NOT within our territory.
vyomvir
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vyomvir »

I sense de escalation and the usual perception optics saga, do you guys feel the same?
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Gyan wrote: Ghar mein Gus kar Marenge.
This is the point people are missing.

The air defence was done inside POK. Not inside our territory.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Shivaji wrote:Paki PM about to address Pakis. He is going to call for peace and such shit.

If we stop here, perception war would be won by Pakis.

No strategic gain I can see. Yes, we escalated, but then Pakis reacted and then we stopped. JeM millitants killed, ISI would make up in few months.
A lot has been achieved even if it stops here but obviously it is not on the note we all wanted it to end on.
Barath
BRFite

Post by Barath »

habal wrote:the real travesty is we allow an MiG21 air base to function in a hot zone as Srinagar AB.

Habal - Srinagar is in a high risk area; it is well within reach of Pakistani weapons. Given that we have a mix of airframes, it makes sense that some lower end airframes will be in a high risk area.

You do not want to lose you high end capability in a preemptive attack before war; such attacks have happened before.

And I doubt that the Mig 21 would have much capability from high and extreme air base like Leh; even some of the MMRCA contenders failed that.

Mig 21 was designed as a point interceptor, it will be in some of the front line bases as long as it is in Indian service.

Let us not second guess the distribution of aircraft among bases.
Last edited by Barath on 27 Feb 2019 16:14, edited 2 times in total.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Its a shame the pakis were successful in luring our Mig21 across the border into a trap. However, if we stop now, it will appear to be a stalemate. And will not change paki behavior a bit, rather gives them a boost of confidence. They need to feel a bit more pain, which imposes cost on them. Else they will brush this off and restart their games
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

Vyomvir, bro if you are looking for a wet nurse or a nanny, this is the wrong place for it, do not look for solace here or make posts on the lines of "please dont tell me it is so".
gauravsh
BRFite

Post by gauravsh »

WTF is this chap Abhijeet Iyerval posting. He just posted a video of pigs manhandling our officer.
My blood is boiling enough now.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Gyan wrote:I think Pak made a shallow attack.

Bombs fell in empty area.

Even Pakistan said no human loss on Indian side.

Our 2 mig-21s detected and chased formation of 8 F-16s well into Pakistan. Our little tigers Shot down one f-16 down inside Pakistan. But one our own got shot down in this skirmish within Pakistan.
This was exactly the scenario that a retired IAF officer was saying yesterday on TV as a trap expected from TSPAF.
vyomvir
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vyomvir »

Multiple pax airliners in Northern Indian skies now, as per Flightradar.
varshar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by varshar »

gauravsh wrote:
Paul wrote:There will be heavy action on the ground but I believe this is the end of the air war. Where were the MIG 29s in all this. Why were they not flying CAPs.

IIRC Mig 29 are based out of Adampur. Squadron that engaged was out of Srinagar.
It's great that our Bison(s) got an F-16 but strange to note absence of either Flankers or Mig-29's in Srinagar AFB.

What gives?
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

This is going exactly as per the plan.. IMHO. Many have mentioned that the onus was on Pak to escalate. And they did. The only thing that did not go as per plan in the pilot who got shot down.

1. Our planners would have 100% expected a rash response from Pakistan.
2. The Balakot attack must have been both a msg for the smart (that no more terror will be tolerated, back off and we will de-escalate) and a bait for the dimwits (push for a rash, strategically brilliant response, and watch us unload on you)
3. Now they have swallowed the bait. Time to roll out the main course..
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

varshar wrote:
gauravsh wrote: IIRC Mig 29 are based out of Adampur. Squadron that engaged was out of Srinagar.
It's great that our Bison(s) got an F-16 but strange to note absence of either Flankers or Mig-29's in Srinagar AFB.

What gives?
Pakis claiming that F16 was not part of attack formation today. May have been JF17 per YusufDFI.

I think it must be F16 as if you want to ambush and use it for psyop, you would have your best jet.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

My gut feeling is now that TSPA have clearly overreached and it is the end of the state of pakistan per se.

It may take some days here or there but most of their military targets are going to be taken out. India will go it alone but my suspiscions are that we will be helped by friendly nations as well.

this is a fight to the finish. Make no mistake.
SKrishna
BRFite

Post by SKrishna »

I know MEA didn’t confirm PAF aircraft type but I think it’s safe to assume our Mig 21 Bison shot down a F-16. How many F-16s kills have been claimed by Mig 21? I think must be very rare.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Barath wrote:
habal wrote:the real travesty is we allow an MiG21 air base to function in a hot zone as Srinagar AB.

Habal - Srinagar is in a high risk area; it is well within reach of Pakistani weapons. Given that we have a mix of airframes, it makes sense that some lower end airframes will be in a high risk area.

You do not want to lose you high end capability in a preemptive attack before war; such attacks have happened before.

And I doubt that the Mig 21 would have much capability from high and extreme air base like Leh; even some of the MMRCA contenders failed that.

Mig 21 was designed as a point interceptor, it will be in some of the front line bases as long as it is in Indian service.

Second that. IAF knows what it is doing and that airframe has to be deployed for the best it can do.
varshar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by varshar »

Barath wrote:

Leh can be equipped / upgraded to host high-end offensive capabilities - why not?

It doesn't seem right to throw Bisons up-front while we have better options available.

- Varun
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

putnanja wrote:Its a shame the pakis were successful in luring our Mig21 across the border into a trap. However, if we stop now, it will appear to be a stalemate. And will not change paki behavior a bit, rather gives them a boost of confidence. They need to feel a bit more pain, which imposes cost on them. Else they will brush this off and restart their games

No chestbeating. MiG-21s are still frontline aircraft and they took the fight to the enemy knowing that if they took down a vaunted F-Solah it would be a major advantage to our nation and they did.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

This is a Military Forum and this thread is a serious one.

Kindly refrain from "I feel this" and "I feel that" kind of posts. Newbies, please watch and learn.

Don't post from Paki sites and sources.

This is war and at this time we should let the professionals do their job for which they have been giving their blood, sweat and family time.

Let us not second guess our Armed Forces and the Govt. Let us wait till the end is clearly in sight and declared as such by the Govt.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Arun, pls dont bait people. Emotions are running high as it is.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Mollick.R wrote:Republic is showing videos of IAF yesterday's IAF strike.
Not sure about authenticity.
I am a tad disapointed with their coverage, they were talking in detail about a MKI vs F16 dogfight with some vague visuals saying that the MKI shot down the F16 in that incident, but from the official MOA+IAF briefing it is clear that a MIG 21 and not an MKI was involved and the type of Paki plan was not confirmed either.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

varshar wrote:
gauravsh wrote: IIRC Mig 29 are based out of Adampur. Squadron that engaged was out of Srinagar.

What gives?
The types are assigned a sector for CAP , So likely where F-16 or JF-16 might have intruded on a probing mission must be close the Bison flying there then the 29 or other types assuming if the other types were even in air at that time

I am not sure if we get full 100 % radar coverage over that place due to hilly area and terrain masking issue same goes for other side
Arun.prabhu
BRFite

Post by Arun.prabhu »

Whom did I bait?
Karan M wrote:Arun, pls dont bait people. Emotions are running high as it is.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Guys, Bison this, Bison that. Can you guarantee that any fighter would have escaped unscathed for instance in a missile exchange. There are so many variables. So cool down and wait.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Can people stop posting anything other than hypothetical and conjectures and lack of factual info. You would note that the more knowledgeable of BRF are silent.
Don't make this like PaakDef forum.
rajithn
BRFite

Post by rajithn »

vyomvir wrote:I sense de escalation and the usual perception optics saga, do you guys feel the same?
I don't think so. It would be a pity if this leads to deescalation.

Because then this would be the new normal: We attack the terrorist camps in PoJK or Pakistan proper and they can attack our military assets...and we will call it quits.

Our briefing after the strikes were clear: that ours was a pre-emptive non-military strike on terrorist targets.
Now, theirs has been an attempted targeting of a Brigade HQ > A military target. They escalated. And this is also the sum of the briefing by the MEA this afternoon.
The fact that an AVM was present at the MEA briefing: my guess is that the signaling is that it is now being handed over to the military and future briefings will be by the armed forces reps.