Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Karan M
Forum Moderator

Re: Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Post by Karan M »

JayS wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote:mods, is there any guidance for this thread regardin posting paki information? There are posts and personally I feel we should. I would rather see the info here and rebutted by BRFiters rather than see them in media blow up and then die down. But would go by the guidelines
If its official statements or some key verified info its OK I feel. But lets not start dumping paki propaganda here.
+100.

Please use your judgment guys. This thread moves so fast that by the tme we revisit, 2-3 pages get added.

General rules.

No posting details of military movement or he said/she said about Indian military stuff.
No posting unverified rumours from the Paki side which try to paint them as victors (this is INFORMATION WARFARE 101, which they are trying hard)
Counter any propaganda posted with facts
Don't lose your temper at fellow posters
Report posts to admins if somethings wrong
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

The next big Question is- will India retaliate or go back to back channel deals.
I hope they do. We won't get a bigger opportunity than this to deliver sucker punch to Pakistan.
Schmidt
BRFite

Post by Schmidt »

The Pakis have clearly escalated by targeting our military installations

Now all their military assets are legitimate targets

As the saying goes , big boys play at night

Expect fireworks tonite
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Karan M wrote:These jokers are still thinking of politics at this time and their hope is this GOI doesnt get any benefit. My blood's boiling at their too clever by half statement.
Right after the surgical strikes yesterday all the parties were duly informed. Even Ra.Ga was going to town congratulating the IAF. The right set of people from GoI side did the briefings. Such kind of statements generally come from one group; no it is not INC. It is from CPI(M), CPI, Forward Bloc kind of useless parties who generally have no say in India's politics. Come on, who would call CPI for a defence related briefing from GoI after a surgical strike? The lone Lok Sabha MP of CPI can get all the news when get goes to eat porotta & beef at Kerala Bhawan in New Delhi :roll:.

But all said and done, we need to see how GoI and the main opposition parties (which still happens to be INC) will handle this sad incident of today. I still retain a feeling that INC would support GoI (mainly because their vote bank also is from regions which sees lots of men join the forces).
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

krishna_krishna wrote:Guys posting harami link, it has picture of local's dragging downed IAF plane:
https://www.dawn.com/news/1466357/in-pi ... ld-captive
That is NOT a Su-30 wreckage! On what basis are you stating its Su-30? Its a MiG-21 wreckage. I will not post the identifiers for the time being.

Also note that the pilot's Glock pistol is fully loaded. He could have shot and killed the ******** kicking his head but he showed restraint.

Sadly the barbarism in Dar-ul-Islam is beyond humanity. While they're making the video, he is saying he's injured and asking for water that no one is giving. And his hands tied to his legs in a medieval manner. Atleast provide proper handcuffs.
Last edited by tsarkar on 27 Feb 2019 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Rakesh wrote:By attacking a military installation, Pakistan has upped the ante.

With regards to the two - only one can be confirmed for now - Indian pilots who are in custody in Pakistan. If Wing Commander Abhinandan is in PAF custody, it is a good thing. As Saurav Jha says, he will be returned in one piece to India. My concern is for the second pilot who may be with the Pakistan Army. There is no video of him, unlike Wing Commander Abhinandan. We need to ascertain his status at the earliest. That is easier said than done though. Pray for both pilots and their families today. Ranting and raving on BRF does not help.

In a war situation nothing goes perfectly. You will lose men, they will lose men. So while it appears they have the upper hand today, rest assured the Indian Air Force will retaliate. But folks be mature enough to accept even further losses and captured pilots. This is what happens when you strike the enemy. It is not perfect. These scenarios are factored into the IAF's planning.

Do not measure win or loss by the number of our planes that were shot or not shot down. War does not work that way.

And please do not question why a MiG-21 was in Srinagar. None of us know squat what that jet was doing there. Please do not say stuff like, "Why was a 35+ year old plane doing in Srinagar?" You are actually helping the enemy's cause by saying things like this. I realize you want revenge, but chill. We all do and the IAF will reply.
Rakesh saar, where did you get the info that there are two pilots?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Nihat wrote:A war of steady attrition is likely to play into india hands big time. I hope the government continues treading on that path
Yes. I too wish for the same. Letting Pakistan control the narrative right now, is unacceptable (IMHO).
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Sachin wrote:
Karan M wrote:These jokers are still thinking of politics at this time and their hope is this GOI doesnt get any benefit. My blood's boiling at their too clever by half statement.
Right after the surgical strikes yesterday all the parties were duly informed. Even Ra.Ga was going to town congratulating the IAF. The right set of people from GoI side did the briefings. Such kind of statements generally come from one group; no it is not INC. It is from CPI(M), CPI, Forward Bloc kind of useless parties who generally have no say in India's politics. Come on, who would call CPI for a defence related briefing from GoI after a surgical strike? The lone Lok Sabha MP of CPI can get all the news when get goes to eat porotta & beef at Kerala Bhawan in New Delhi :roll:.

But all said and done, we need to see how GoI and the main opposition parties (which still happens to be INC) will handle this sad incident of today. I still retain a feeling that INC would support GoI (mainly because their vote bank also is from regions which sees lots of men join the forces).
Thanks for the explanation Sachin Saar, what a bunch of parasites these people are. Even at this time, they were trying to act important and run down the GOI.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Karan M wrote:
JayS wrote:
If its official statements or some key verified info its OK I feel. But lets not start dumping paki propaganda here.
+100.

Please use your judgment guys. This thread moves so fast that by the tme we revisit, 2-3 pages get added.

General rules.

No posting details of military movement or he said/she said about Indian military stuff.
No posting unverified rumours from the Paki side which try to paint them as victors (this is INFORMATION WARFARE 101, which they are trying hard)
Report posts —- you are inviting trouble Karan.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

Yes. This is a clear case of paki aggression. Retaliation is a must or else Pakistan walks away with a propaganda victory.

I have faith that armed forces will make them pay.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

as of now zero civilian a.c flying over TSP, of any stripe. even the sea route is skirting a long way off the coast.

airspace N and W of Nai dilli is also clear.

our international flights are on track via the ahmedabad corridor. we can resume domestic flights if we wish to.

it would be a good idea to play probing games and force TSP to keep its airspace closed for 3 months...just saying
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Sanju wrote:Rakesh saar, where did you get the info that there are two pilots?
I was just responding to folks in here who were stating that two pilots may have been captured. That is all. I even said that only pilot can be confirmed.
SourabhK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SourabhK »

LT Gen Vinod Bhatia (Retired) on India Today saying 6 F16 tried to cross over India side.
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

Karan M wrote:Letting Pakistan control the narrative right now, is unacceptable (IMHO).
Somehow GoI, MoD & Indian Armed Forces never gave importance to Information Warfare and Perception Management. The DG ISPR is a Major General ranked officer dedicated to this task and creating a narrative while we're sticking to prepared statements that lose relevance in fast moving situations.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Singha wrote:as of now zero civilian a.c flying over TSP, of any stripe. even the sea route is skirting a long way off the coast.

airspace N and W of Nai dilli is also clear.

our international flights are on track via the ahmedabad corridor.

it would be a good idea to play probing games and force TSP to keep its airspace closed for 3 months...just saying
+100
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Here is my guess on Mig-21. Given it's tremendous ability to dash to a point of contact, would you want it to be your choice of CAP?

You have Paks jet bombing and running back. Would you not send a mach 2 jet to chase them ?
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

Schmidt wrote:The Pakis have clearly escalated by targeting our military installations

Expect fireworks tonite
I think it is important to recognise that Pakistan itself is divided. There is a section of the Pakistani establishment who want to stop terror, as they think it is counter productive. Each time peace efforts has been made, it has been sabotaged by the hawks in TSP. Pakistan desperately needs peace with India. Even now there was backdoor diplomacy going on with a former Norwegian PM acting as a peace broker. Sudddenly we had 40 soldiers dead.

As of now Pakistani haws are very isolated. No world power is backing them. Even China is has not condemned the Indian attack. Rather they have stated that Breeding ground for terrorists must be erased.

Read this article of former Pakistani ambassador to US.

The headline is No country spoke in our favour on Indian strike.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/iaf-bal ... topstories
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

nam wrote:Here is my guess on Mig-21. Given it's tremendous ability to dash to a point of contact, would you want it to be your choice of CAP?

You have Paks jet bombing and running back. Would you not send a mach 2 jet to chase them ?
Nam, please stop. Let the IAF do its job. We do not know in what circumstances that MiG-21 was in that area.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

ks_sachin wrote:
Karan M wrote:
+100.

General rules.

Report posts —- you are inviting trouble Karan.
Karan Sir is moderator and explaining the rules of posting; how is he inviting trouble ?
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

Manish Jain wrote:All these posts but I saw only one post asking am important question? Why PAF attacked in day?
No/limited night-time capability?

As for rest, we don't know the calculations of IAF/GOI so we will support them, whatever they decide to do.
yes this is analysis worthy. I remember that a lot of their fleet is not night ready. Anyone has more data on this?
And what this means is wait for tonight for diwali by IAF?
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Karan M wrote:Letting Pakistan control the narrative right now, is unacceptable (IMHO).
In their defence, we are not conducting ops against Pak millitary or at war like Kargil.

We are not at war with Pak(offically). There is really nothing to say from our side. We did not give out details when Pulwama attack was happening. This is no different.

They would probably start Media interaction, when we retaliate for today's action by Pak.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

war is a cruel thing, but thats life.
there are atleast 3 lady fighter pilots in training...if they got shot down and that mob got hold of them? can the indian public take it?

likewise paf too has some lady fighter pilots.

the drawing room upper middle class who make lot of noise on social media is a lot distant from the ground realities of life. this goes for NRIs as well. they want, nay demand 10 wkts for 25 runs.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Rakesh wrote:
nam wrote:Here is my guess on Mig-21. Given it's tremendous ability to dash to a point of contact, would you want it to be your choice of CAP?

Nam, please stop. Let the IAF do its job. We do not know in what circumstances that MiG-21 was in that area.
I agree. That was just my attempt to guess what might have happened. as I mentioned earlier, you cannot have CAP provided by only Su30 all along the 1000 km+ border.a
Prashanth_R
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Prashanth_R »

Rishirishi wrote:
Schmidt wrote:The Pakis have clearly escalated by targeting our military installations

Expect fireworks tonite
I think it is important to recognise that Pakistan itself is divided. There is a section of the Pakistani establishment who want to stop terror, as they think it is counter productive. Each time peace efforts has been made, it has been sabotaged by the hawks in TSP. Pakistan desperately needs peace with India. Even now there was backdoor diplomacy going on with a former Norwegian PM acting as a peace broker. Sudddenly we had 40 soldiers dead.

As of now Pakistani haws are very isolated. No world power is backing them. Even China is has not condemned the Indian attack. Rather they have stated that Breeding ground for terrorists must be erased.

Read this article of former Pakistani ambassador to US.

The headline is No country spoke in our favour on Indian strike.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/iaf-bal ... topstories
Just FYI Husain Haqqani is kicked out of Pakistan long back. Now he is staying in USA and may be Us citizen now
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Flight Radar is showing all flights close to border in India have moved east and south. Those flights headed west are going through northern Arabian Sea. No flights in all of TSP.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

ks_sachin wrote:Report posts —- you are inviting trouble Karan.
I am counting on people's good judgement. Right now emotions are running high. I bet we all have a toxic mix of anger, frustration, etc. In such circumstances forum members will take it out against each other. That, we would wish to avoid.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

tsarkar wrote:
Somehow GoI, MoD & Indian Armed Forces never gave importance to Information Warfare and Perception Management. The DG ISPR is a Major General ranked officer dedicated to this task and creating a narrative while we're sticking to prepared statements that lose relevance in fast moving situations.
You said it, tsarkar, I understand this GOIs reluctance to engage with the media, but we have to trust our folks and start sharing more info. or at least counter the malicious BS. This once a day stuff with a MEA spokesperson is not cutting it.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

In any full fledged combat situations TSPA's oomph lasts for 4-5 days after which the juice and morale, spares stocks starts going down fast when realities of war start hitting home.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

The need for non military pre emptive strike to enter the lexicon is because the dim globally have ascended to power; we know the terrorists are un-uniformed contractual paki soldiers and they know that too.
Will
BRFite

Post by Will »

I will say this again... nothing will change until the Paki generals feel that they are under threat themselves. A couple of BrahMos up their backsides should do the trick. Unless they feel their lives and lifestyle are under threat they will continue their mischief. India can’t back down now specially if our pilots have been captured. Pakistan would brag that they cowed down India.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

nits wrote:Karan Sir is moderator and explaining the rules of posting; how is he inviting trouble ?
No sir please, thanks.

He just meant we were going to be drowned in people reporting each others posts.

I am fairly certain the forum members won't do this. So far you guys have all been exceptional and even self-censoring info.

Please continue cooperating with each other & the admins.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

nam wrote:In their defence, we are not conducting ops against Pak millitary or at war like Kargil.

We are not at war with Pak(offically). There is really nothing to say from our side. We did not give out details when Pulwama attack was happening. This is no different.

They would probably start Media interaction, when we retaliate for today's action by Pak.
I doubt public understands or appreciates this nuance.
Besides one key reason to conduct the air strikes was deterrence, public and visible. By letting the Pakis control the narrative, we lose a significant impact.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

I wanted us to impose a no-fly zone over Pak but looks like they did it by themselves. A week or so of no fly and all the jagirdars who need to go to Dubai, Karachi and other places will start hurting; so will their economy. I hope we can keep up the pressure on them. This would also be a good time to sabotage their main railway line.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

Aljazeera and Russia today running scrolling notes of 2 Indian pilots captured by Pakistan. One in hospital and one in custudy.

Claims that another jet was shot down and two more pilots ejected somewhere in the area.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

CNN News 18 quotes Paki army stating that only 1 pilot is in their custody.
Pakis are trying to create confusion to hide the downing of F-16.
12-18 planes in the package.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Rakesh wrote:By attacking a military installation, Pakistan has upped the ante.

With regards to the two - only one can be confirmed for now - Indian pilots who are in custody in Pakistan. If Wing Commander Abhinandan is in PAF custody, it is a good thing. As Saurav Jha says, he will be returned in one piece to India. My concern is for the second pilot who may be with the Pakistan Army. There is no video of him, unlike Wing Commander Abhinandan. We need to ascertain his status at the earliest. That is easier said than done though. Pray for both pilots and their families today. Ranting and raving on BRF does not help.
Are you certain there were 2 pilots? Right now MEA is saying only one missing.
neeraj
BRFite

Post by neeraj »

What you you mean 12-18 in package
Will
BRFite

Post by Will »

I have a feeling this is going to escalate into a limited war. The IA integrated battle groups should come into play.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

I checked it and it has no issues.
check the exchange.

Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

so looking forward to seeing pictures of karachi harbour at night under bright red glow from burning oil.