Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Post by Singha »

yensoy wrote:I wanted us to impose a no-fly zone over Pak but looks like they did it by themselves. A week or so of no fly and all the jagirdars who need to go to Dubai, Karachi and other places will start hurting; so will their economy. I hope we can keep up the pressure on them. This would also be a good time to sabotage their main railway line.
some means to increase the risk premium on cargo shipping into karachi should be explored ... some old files dusted off ... just saying sarkaar...

push the rattling old cart more towards the cliff edge

force some ratings downgrades that will increase interest cost of their corporate and govt bonds and lead to more capital flight as the rich move their cash out .... just saying sarkaar
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

#SayNoToWar is trending on Twitter along with Pakistan zindabad etc etc. We really really need to counter their psyops. They desperately want to deescalate and they are using all their social media resources and the traitors present here (journos/politicians) to play mind games.

Our narrative is getting lost. But it's time to act resolute and retaliate now. There is no going back especially after how they treated Abhinandan.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

YashG wrote:
Manish Jain wrote:All these posts but I saw only one post asking am important question? Why PAF attacked in day?
No/limited night-time capability?

As for rest, we don't know the calculations of IAF/GOI so we will support them, whatever they decide to do.
yes this is analysis worthy. I remember that a lot of their fleet is not night ready. Anyone has more data on this?
And what this means is wait for tonight for diwali by IAF?
I remember reading they have around 75 (now 74 probably) F-16s. Around 120 JF-17s. These are the jets because of FMS and PRC support which should show high serviceability.
The ROSE Mirages and F-7s have probably been redeployed to the hinterland and are being conserved for all-out conflict would be my guess.
The F-16s and ROSE Mirages are the ones dedicated for night attack.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Mort Walker wrote:Are you certain there were 2 pilots? Right now MEA is saying only one missing.
I was responding to reports in this thread that two pilots were shot down.

Our concern is for that pilot right now. Regardless of that video above, the Pakistan Army are butchers. But since a video has been released, the Wing Commander will return safely to India. One can only imagine the anguish his family must be going through right now. May they continue to have strength at this time.
naruto
BRFite

Post by naruto »

ANI
‏Verified account @ANI
Reuters: Pakistani military spokesman says Pakistan army has only one Indian pilot in custody, previously said two captured.

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1100743551481044992
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Phew! That is a relief. Thanks naruto.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

what was the objective of the F-16s and how much did the achieve?

It is quite brave of the PAF to respond with F-16s knowing they'll likely lose some, and they did lose one.
shyamal
BRFite

Post by shyamal »

I am watching India today. They are countering Pak propaganda. I wish Modi addresses the nation in the evening.
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

Karan M wrote:
YashG wrote:
yes this is analysis worthy. I remember that a lot of their fleet is not night ready. Anyone has more data on this?
I remember reading they have around 75 (now 74 probably) F-16s. Around 120 JF-17s. These are the jets because of FMS and PRC support which should show high serviceability.
The ROSE Mirages and F-7s have probably been redeployed to the hinterland and are being conserved for all-out conflict would be my guess.
No saar, they have about 40 F-16s and 100 JF-17 Bandars.
Bhaskar_T
BRFite

Post by Bhaskar_T »

DGISPR confirms they have only AbhiNandan in their custody.

@DGISPR - There is only one pilot under Pakistan Army’s custody. Wing Comd Abhi Nandan is being treated as per norms of military ethics.

https://twitter.com/OfficialDGISPR/stat ... 15584?s=19
a_bharat wrote:CNN News 18 quotes Paki army stating that only 1 pilot is in their custody.
Pakis are trying to create confusion to hide the downing of F-16.
12-18 planes in the package.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Probably we now have the reason to hit their military again and draw the PAF again.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

our TV and print MSM should refrain from any footage of Wingco POW.
the enemy will try to use that to tug at heartstrings and create a kandahar type situation for GOI.

I hope the political oppn does not create a new drama around this.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Karan M wrote:
nits wrote:Karan Sir is moderator and explaining the rules of posting; how is he inviting trouble ?
No sir please, thanks.

He just meant we were going to be drowned in people reporting each others posts.

I am fairly certain the forum members won't do this. So far you guys have all been exceptional and even self-censoring info.

Please continue cooperating with each other & the admins.
Thanks.
There are speculative and rather naive posts here.
But the occasion warrants following Polonius’ advice to Leartes.
SourabhK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SourabhK »

Why should we focus only on PAF, e.x. we have Navy who must be edgy to get into action. Just saying Saar, all options should be explored and the best one should be put into motion. Hurt their economy, H&D will fall along with it.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Singha wrote:our TV and print MSM should refrain from any footage of Wingco POW.
the enemy will try to use that to tug at heartstrings and create a kandahar type situation for GOI.

I hope the political oppn does not create a new drama around this.
hoping that this has no fallout on the kulbushan case.
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

Patni wrote:so looking forward to seeing pictures of karachi harbour at night under bright red glow from burning oil.
Jingo in me wants u to be right but on a second thought - aint that predictable?
I think surprise will be of value.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Lt Gen H S Panag(R)

@rwac48
5h5 hours ago
More
Friends war is a two way street. There will be gains and there will be losses. These are just the opening rounds. No need to jump up in glee at success or be dismayed after setbacks. Indian Armed Forces have the capacity and the capability. We shall prevail.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Karan M wrote:
nam wrote:In their defence, we are not conducting ops against Pak millitary or at war like Kargil.

We are not at war with Pak(offically). There is really nothing to say from our side. We did not give out details when Pulwama attack was happening. This is no different.

They would probably start Media interaction, when we retaliate for today's action by Pak.
I doubt public understands or appreciates this nuance.
Besides one key reason to conduct the air strikes was deterrence, public and visible. By letting the Pakis control the narrative, we lose a significant impact.
It will be a impact if we don't respond. I would be very surprised if GoI thought Pak will not retaliate or the Mirage pilots would have come back safely!

Once the response comes, today will be just another day in the war.
rpartha
BRFite

Post by rpartha »

Except for the fact that we have them on the run, I don't see any other reason to keep the pot boiling... we came with an objective that the terror strikes by terrorists will be costly. We proved by destroying their facility and killing about 300 of them. We also proved that we are not going to be worried by the nuclear blackmail. We also wanted to show them that there is a new sheriff in town who will not be tied down by international pressure. I feel we have achieved all the above. And much more.. losing few people and equipments is inevitable (my heart goes out to the braves and i pray the POW is returned safely). now our concern should be how to protect our PM as he has too many meetings lined up before the election.. Just my IMHO..
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Western media sources chose to run with TSP narrative for some reason. Many media outlets are still reporting that TSPAF shot down two IAF jets & have captured two IAF pilots. Need better media management from us...
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Western Media always runs with the Pakis, remember during Kargil how they claimed Pak army not involved etc.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Zynda wrote:Western media sources chose to run with TSP narrative for some reason. Many media outlets are still reporting that TSPAF shot down two IAF jets & have captured two IAF pilots. Need better media management from us...
If you look at the typical reporter filing those stories for those outlets, they all tend to be left-wing/India(or Modi)-hating folks, so it is no surprise.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Just for info from our side, until more details comes.

https://twitter.com/reachanshul/status/ ... 3355256832

He says, Pak F16 was downed by a Su30.
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

Karan M wrote:
YashG wrote:

So that leaves only F16s (74 of them) that need to be taken care of!

Block A/B F-16 were to be upgraded. They didnt have even BVRAAM back then.
The JF-17 scrambled when mirages hit them were shooting flares as they ascended. Still night blind?

I cant understate the importance of a mig21 downing a f16. Its our worst downing their best. It changes every calculation.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Pretty lousy media management from our side, I must say. First news out becomes the new truth. We should have been hammering the F-16 angle by now, if we wished to disengage from the fight with the optics of deterrence intact.

We literally have no information on what's been happening from the Indian side. The press release was also an eyewash. You have a senior IAF guy with a junior MEA spokes. The latter carries far more gravitas. Sigh.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

nam wrote:Just for info from our side, until more details comes.

The same guy is saying that 2 jets have been downed.

He also says, "MEA knows zilch..."
Nsmith
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Nsmith »

https://www.mea.gov.in/press-releases.h ... inst_India
February 27, 2019

The Acting High Commissioner of Pakistan was summoned this afternoon by MEA to lodge a strong protest at the unprovoked act of aggression by Pakistan against India earlier today, including by violation of the Indian air space by Pakistan Air Force and targeting of Indian military posts.

This is in contrast to the India’s non-military anti-terror pre-emptive strike at a JeM terrorist camp in Balakot on 26 February 2019. It is unfortunate that instead of fulfilling its international obligation and bilateral commitment to take credible action against terrorist entities and individuals operating from its soil, Pakistan has acted with aggression against India.

It was clearly conveyed that India reserves the right to take firm and decisive action to protect its national security, sovereignty and territorial integrity against any act of aggression or cross-border terrorism.

India also strongly objected to Pakistan’s vulgar display of an injured personnel of the Indian Air Force in violation of all norms of International Humanitarian Law and the Geneva Convention. It was made clear that Pakistan would be well advised to ensure that no harm comes to the Indian defence personnel in its custody. India also expects his immediate and safe return.

Regret was expressed at continuing denial by Pakistan’s political and military leadership at the presence of terrorist infrastructure in territories under its control. A dossier was handed over to Pakistan side with specific details of JeM complicity in Pulwama terror attack and the presence of JeM terror camps and its leadership in Pakistan. It was conveyed that India expects Pakistan to take immediate and verifiable action against terrorism emanating from territories under its control.

New Delhi
February 27, 2019
So more dossier baazi and chai biskoot? :P
Last edited by Nsmith on 27 Feb 2019 19:23, edited 2 times in total.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

So it seems that India remains the only one telling the truth while Pakistan is dishing out propaganda! I wish IAF would provide camera footage of the F16 downing.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Problem is he is literally making claims.. just like anyone else. It could have well been a Bison which shot down the F-16.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

OK. Not gonna post the pic or source here but TSPAF has released pic of their "ace" F-16 pilot who downed our 21. This disproves the rumors that was going around by pigs on certain websites that it was Bandar which shot down our 21 (& also Su-30).
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Sanju wrote:

The same guy is saying that 2 jets have been downed.

He also says, "MEA knows zilch..."
Exactly, who is this guy and is the CAS calling him up or what. Darn twitter wars.

I am also dismayed at the number of people including some politically inclined veterans mocking the PM and playing politics over this entire incident. Really disheartening.
SourabhK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SourabhK »

:eek: Proof again!!!. What if the war escalate. Will we ask proof for everything and everyone?
Vivek K wrote:

So it seems that India remains the only one telling the truth while Pakistan is dishing out propaganda! I wish IAF would provide camera footage of the F16 downing.
tapan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by tapan »

Singha wrote:war is a cruel thing, but thats life.
there are atleast 3 lady fighter pilots in training...if they got shot down and that mob got hold of them? can the indian public take it?

likewise paf too has some lady fighter pilots.

the drawing room upper middle class who make lot of noise on social media is a lot distant from the ground realities of life. this goes for NRIs as well. they want, nay demand 10 wkts for 25 runs.

Why wont we? We will take it and retaliate harder.

They are not hijabi chuhiyas, but durgas ! They know more about sacrifice than anyone else, and then it will definitely be war!! Jai Bhawani!
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Just to reiterate before some newbie hyperventilates on reading your post. No Su-30 downed from our side, only a MiG-21.
Zynda wrote:OK. Not gonna post the pic or source here but TSPAF has released pic of their "ace" F-16 pilot who downed our 21. This disproves the rumors that was going around by pigs on certain websites that it was Bandar which shot down our 21 (& also Su-30).
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

krishna_krishna wrote:Its not speculating , it has video of downed pilot interrogation. Why not admit reality, it is bad but it is war. We will get our revenge
you speculated su 30, that's why.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Now it has been confirmed that a MiG-21 Bison was lost, please no more Su-30 discussion. In the lack of verifiable evidence, please no more. I will start issuing summary bans otherwise. Stop this NOW.
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

Karan M wrote:
tsarkar wrote: Somehow GoI, MoD & Indian Armed Forces never gave importance to Information Warfare and Perception Management. The DG ISPR is a Major General ranked officer dedicated to this task and creating a narrative while we're sticking to prepared statements that lose relevance in fast moving situations.
You said it, tsarkar, I understand this GOIs reluctance to engage with the media, but we have to trust our folks and start sharing more info. or at least counter the malicious BS. This once a day stuff with a MEA spokesperson is not cutting it.
+ 1

This is not just war, it is information war and propaganda war.

As far as the Mig 21 is concerned, while the IAF is the best judge of what aircraft to deploy where, when you look at the information/propaganda side of the equation, even the loss of 1 aircraft does not look good. e.g. the Americans do not send F16s over Syria, they send F22s, just to prevent a propaganda victory for the other side.

One thing is clear, India has to walk away from this confrontation as the undisputed winner if the initial objective in launching the pre-emptive strike was to impose a level of deterrence. And therefore there has to be a robust response to today's attempted attack on a military target in India.
Last edited by ldev on 27 Feb 2019 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
Will
BRFite

Post by Will »

Karan M wrote:Pretty lousy media management from our side, I must say. First news out becomes the new truth. We should have been hammering the F-16 angle by now, if we wished to disengage from the fight with the optics of deterrence intact.

We literally have no information on what's been happening from the Indian side. The press release was also an eyewash. You have a senior IAF guy with a junior MEA spokes. The latter carries far more gravitas. Sigh.
You got that right Karan. We didn’t learn from the Kargil war on that front. Our media management sucked then as it does now.
pratik
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pratik »

SaaB AirEYE is surely in Air. Time to take it down.
https://twitter.com/IndianGarud/status/ ... 5633729536
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Its almost replay of 99. First day skirmishes we loose a Mig21 and our pilot lands in Pakistani Territory.

--
Rest edited as it was inappropriate.

KM