Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Karan M
Forum Moderator

Re: Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Post by Karan M »

chandrasekaran wrote:Agree. Its so sad to see the govt fumbling in the perception battle. Shri Modi should address the nation. He should come on national TV call out Pakistani's for their behaviour, demand Abhinav's release and reassure the nation. Issuing a demarche to the pakistani ambassador doesn't cut it.
Doesn't look nice if the PM doesn't address the nation on a day when the enemy attempted strikes on a brigade HQ, caught a brave young man alive and parading him like an animal.
Please understand that this is Modis way. He keeps his moves close to his chest and does not either play to the gallery or make bombastic claims.
This is information control.
I agree that a lot of information management is required and some non classified info given out in drips and dribbles would reassure us all, but this is serious stuff.

Last time shri Modi gave forces a free hand. What happened? Balakot happened. So lets wait & watch.
Imagine how unnerved the TSP side is.
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

Interesting Pakistani SAB 2000 AWACS hovering around Islamabad since quite bit of time
Live track: https://www.flightradar24.com/DG43/1fa39cef
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

a deep active probe is on!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

TOI: India issues DEMARCHE to terroristan: Return pilot right now or else..
Pakistan used its Air Force to target military installations in India in response to Indian counter-terrorism operations but their attempts were foiled successfully, though one Indian pilot is "missing in action", external affairs ministry has said.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

It does not make much sense militarily for Pakistan to be doing a half-hearted aerial thrust. It serves little military purpose.

However it needs to provide a show for its domestic audience, the continuing access to a disproportionate quantity of funds, political power and likely the rationale for Pakistan itself necessitates it. It also needs to demonstrate to the 'militants', soldiers in mufti more likely, that it is not entirely impotent.

India needs clear objectives.

-land forces in Skardu, Gilgit, and essentially retake the mountains. The Shias will promptly launch a pogrom against the Sunni Pathans settled by Slumbad.Forget about so called Azad Kashmir.

-Route refuelled flights into Baluchistan along the Makran coast and degrade Pakistan occupation forces. The Baloch need 'haunsla'
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Guys, had the Mig 21 not crashed, and had Wing Co not been captured by the pakis, this would have been 2nd night of celebration. PAF attack thwarted and F-16 shot down by Mig-21. Let's really focus on how to respond to PAF attack today.
chandrasekaran
BRFite

Post by chandrasekaran »

Karan M wrote:
chandrasekaran wrote:Agree. Its so sad to see the govt fumbling in the perception battle. Shri Modi should address the nation. He should come on national TV call out Pakistani's for their behaviour, demand Abhinav's release and reassure the nation. Issuing a demarche to the pakistani ambassador doesn't cut it.
Doesn't look nice if the PM doesn't address the nation on a day when the enemy attempted strikes on a brigade HQ, caught a brave young man alive and parading him like an animal.
Please understand that this is Modis way. He keeps his moves close to his chest and does not either play to the gallery or make bombastic claims.
This is information control.
Not to argue, I didn't mean empty bravado talk for an hour. Just wish that Shri Modi looks directly into the camera and say a few sentences. All I need to see (and want the country to see) is the steely resolve in his stern face.

This alone will work wonders for the nation.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Singha wrote:meeting with service chiefs ended 1 hr ago. info control is very tight, even the usual MSM twitters have no clue what is next.
perhaps wait n watch is what is next or some furtive moves are going on in the dark night.

the heavy lifters were surely flying around EW/radar/SAM equipment to various places.
The people clamoring for “updates” i.e. asking Prime Minister Modi to share battle plans on TV need to STFU.

They already shared what facts they could confirm:
(1) A Pakistani plane of unknown make and model was shot down over the LOC.
(2) A Mig-21 was downed and the pilot was captured.
(3) The Pakistani strike package was turned back, their ordinance fell in unpopulated areas and their were no casualties.

What else do they want the Government to confirm?

This is an armed conflict, any bit of extra information could compromise the whole enterprise. Armed conflicts are not like IT projects.

This will be a nerve wracking, seat of the pants experience - if they can’t take the stress, then tune out of the media or get a therapist.

I am very happy to see the Government is not pandering to this stupidity and is simply doing what they have to do.

* edited to clarify that my post is not directed at Singha who seems to get it.
Last edited by khan on 27 Feb 2019 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

WTF why are people demanding Modi give an address - like a little kid crying for mommy, please grow up.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

^^ imo its best not to think of day to day events and instead focus on the eng goal of this process..... already sections of MSM are distracted on the POW issue and giving gyan to pay public on geneva convention etc.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Republic TV has a dogfight video of Mig21 and F16. F16 went down.
gauravsh
BRFite

Post by gauravsh »

Karthik S wrote:Guys, had the Mig 21 not crashed, and had Wing Co not been captured by the pakis, this would have been 2nd night of celebration. PAF attack thwarted and F-16 shot down by Mig-21. Let's really focus on how to respond to PAF attack today.
Exactly, this is what i said in one of the post before. Apart from the downing of Mig-21 and capture of Wing Co, this is what everyone wanted. Let Pakis take some idiotic action and we have a reason to retaliate.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Singha wrote:SAAB2000 Ereyie just took off from rawalpindi with transponder on

https://www.flightradar24.com/DG43/1fa39cef
and it is circling Rawalpindi only!! I guess protecting their jewels?
MeshaVishwas
BRFite

Post by MeshaVishwas »

In my view, it's time for the NauSena to put the game face on.VayuSena bitchslap is a given and the Army's already humiliated them through the use of overwhelming force.Jingo would be happy if the NauSena dispatches the Arabian(crossbred) horse in a second hand dinghy, to the depths.Sha No Varuna!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

after 1 hr of patrol the ereyie has landed back in chaklala
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

I wonder how long it takes an Su30 to light up an ereyie and lob a few bvr's at it?
gauravsh
BRFite

Post by gauravsh »

Singha wrote:after 1 hr of patrol the ereyie has landed back in chaklala
saar same thing happened an hour ago. It kept moving and then landed in chaklala
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

chandrasekaran wrote:Not to argue, I didn't mean empty bravado talk for an hour. Just wish that Shri Modi looks directly into the camera and say a few sentences. All I need to see (and want the country to see) is the steely resolve in his stern face.

This alone will work wonders for the nation.
Chandrasekaran sir, after the Pulwama attack werent you super upset, that nothing was happening? Then what did happen?
Similarly, now you want Modi to make a bunch of statements.. my question is what if it doesn't feed into our plans, why should he? Please assume he is a sane person and he is deliberately acting like this, what could be the reason.

Keep the Pakis guessing and escalate as we wish. Just don't say anything of import.

All I was saying was with regards to Information Warfare, we should play the ball there too aggressively. But it has cons. It can sometimes exceed our own plans or desires and end up causing 2nd and 3rd order effects. Needs to be very carefully calibrated.
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

Chaps sitting across the border are sitting ducks unless PAF comes to their rescue.

NauSena might not jump to a gun at this moment but what I know?
pralay
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by pralay »

why do the Airport vehicles on Lahore Airport have transponders on?
Those are the only things visible on their airspace now :D
Last edited by pralay on 27 Feb 2019 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

sir for such slash and run tactics conventional a.c are not ideal. a Mig31 with ERAM would be needed something like 400km long shtick coupled with HOJ and mid course updates from its huge radar...a kind of Irbis-XXL if I may
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

This is the video being shown as PAF vs IAF. Crash shown in the first 10 seconds, not sure which side it belonged to.

To me it's the same crash video which Porkies released from their side of LoC.

https://www.republicworld.com/india-new ... ias-mig-21
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

has TSP explained to its people why its entire airspace is closed indefinitely after a brief skirmish over J&K ?

there is a cost both economic and travel wise associated with closing the whole country's airspace.

IAF has not made any forays to nibble and gnaw at other parts of TSP (yet)

looks like their SAM networks are kept 'ON' and they will take shots at anything that does not squawk the IFF code .... that is why even the dubai route is giving the seacoast a wide berth
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

People wanting Modi to give a speech now ? Really ? Leave that to ceremonial PM like im da dim, modi has work to do.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

The PM will make statements as and when really required, he has better things to be occupied with at the moment than firing up the jingos or reassuring the 'sky is falling' types.

Forces are in the thick of it at the moment with their lives on the line, the least that armchair warriors can do is be productive and not whine.
Last edited by Bart S on 27 Feb 2019 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Singha wrote:has TSP explained to its people why its entire airspace is closed indefinitely after a brief skirmish over J&K ?

there is a cost both economic and travel wise associated with closing the whole country's airspace.
I think expectation is that complete western front will be opened up, they are gearing up for full scale conflict.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Did any debris of the F16 land on the Indin side of the LoC?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

longer we extend their airspace closure while keeping ours going the better it looks to me.

do enough to keep them agitated and in a constant state of hair trigger paranoia.

say nothing. no emotion whether pleased or displeased.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

A few very important developments:

1. Two recent Indian surgical strikes, and the Kargil operation have established now that there is plenty of room to fight a limited war below the nuclear threshold.

2. Pakistani's are throwing a tantrum about their nuclear blackmail toys being taken away. This recent strike was an attempt by the Pakistani feudal establishment to maintain its primacy in the Pakistani polity. If they can not demonstrate the superiority of Islam over the Kafirs, whats the point in keeping them on top of the turd pile?

3. I doubt very much that Indian authorities had not taken the possibility of a Pakistani attack into account. In fact, this was the second most likely outcome in my mind, most likely being another suicide attack by JeM. Indian babus are some seriously thoughtful, calculated and smart people. For every joker you see on TV, there are ten who will surprise you with the depth of their knowledge, their work ethic and their character.

4. It has now been demonstrated to the whole world that there is now no gap between Pakistani 'non-state actors' and the Pakistani armed forces. And Pakistan has fired the first shots in the upcoming war. This is extremely important.. As important as France deciding not to enter Belgium in WW 1, even after the contours of the Shlieffen plan became evident.

All thoughts, prayers and support for the armed forces and our capable leadership today. Follow them blindly, where ever they are taking you.
Last edited by sudeepj on 27 Feb 2019 22:22, edited 3 times in total.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Singha wrote:has TSP explained to its people why its entire airspace is closed indefinitely after a brief skirmish over J&K ?

IAF has not made any forays to nibble and gnaw at other parts of TSP (yet)

looks like their SAM networks are kept 'ON' and they will take shots at anything that does not squawk the IFF code .... that is why even the dubai route is giving the seacoast a wide berth
Is TSP air space closure self-imposed or imposed on them by external players via warning to dy high commissioner. :wink:

Do they fear a strike from their western and north western borders.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

---- deleted ----
Pashupatastra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Pashupatastra »

UlanBatori wrote:
Pashupatastra wrote:Visuals are a powerful medium and they have impacted public opinion since ww2 , Vietnam , Iraq and invasion of Afghanistan. With a clutch of satellites doing round the clock vigil , it should not be a Herculean task to capture a few visuals of inflicted damage
Why? Our entertainment also gives valuable info to the enemy. The only "VISUAL" I want is of the lampposts in 'Pindi after the Baloch-Pakhtoon-Balwaristan-Swat Coalition takes over and conducts fair, swift and decisive trials.
To quote Rumsfeld back in Sep. 2001:
This is the last time I will be "Telling The Whole Truth".
We don't fight wars to entertain people. We fight wars to KILL people.
Please get serious, people. Indians' real problem is that in 70 years (actually 270+ years) most of India has not seen a savage war sweep through their home towns.
And still it was Donald Rumsfeld , Colin Powell who were hogging the limelight when the carpet bombing of B52 bombers was played in loop on every news channel. I don't believe the visuals of Indian army at a police station on outskirts of Lahore or Niazi surrendering to Gen Aurora were meant for "public entertainment". You cannot drive the narrative without powerful visuals.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Singha wrote:my chaiwalla was saying ....
Jesus bhayya, of all people, why would you post that??
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Singha ji, I have deleted the sensitive bits. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Rahul M on 27 Feb 2019 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sensitive bits deleted.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Sudeep well said.

Guys there are a lot of people on twitter, FB, social media who are muck raking even at this time, casting filthy aspersions on our GOI, Armed Forces & basically spreading defeatism amongst people. The usual intent is to imply all this was unnecessary & driven by elections, "poor pilot flying obsolete plane" (crocodile tears) and asking for the pilots immediate return (forcing GOIs hand, shades of repeating Kandahar pressure).

Do your bit and counter whenever you can. And dont fall for the propaganda. Stiffen yourselves and guard your emotions.
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

SBajwa wrote:
Singha wrote:SAAB2000 Ereyie just took off from rawalpindi with transponder on

https://www.flightradar24.com/DG43/1fa39cef
and it is circling Rawalpindi only!! I guess protecting their jewels?
Flight time of 55 mins
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

KarthikSan wrote:...But they came at a military target 24hours after the fact especially after the entire world had told them that they should stand down. Now that is an escalatory path of a rabid pig and that pig needs to be put down hard.
hmm... when did Pakis last listen to the entire world telling them not to do foolish sh!t? For those who remember 1998, they had a lot to gain by not mirroring our tests, yet they did just that. It is how they think.
Singha wrote:longer we extend their airspace closure while keeping ours going the better it looks to me.
do enough to keep them agitated and in a constant state of hair trigger paranoia.
say nothing. no emotion whether pleased or displeased.
Absolutely! We should let this continue, and just when they open up their airspace again, take action to shut it down. Wear them down mentally over the next couple of weeks.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Karthik S wrote:
Singha wrote:my chaiwalla was saying ....
Jesus bhayya, of all people, why would you post that??
Even if they know what could they do. Nook nudes lke them have only hanky, what all they can hide
sankum
BRFite

Post by sankum »

The vast criminal jehadi Pakistan establishment are showing that they will never back down or surrender their jehadi infrastructure.
This will finally end in major destruction of Pakistani military infrastructure and capture of Pakistani Punjab chicken neck area in this time period or it will be delayed till next war in future.
Only great Indian armed forces will do it.
Last edited by sankum on 27 Feb 2019 22:23, edited 2 times in total.
pralay
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by pralay »

@Rahul M delete it from his original post as well