Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Arun.prabhu
BRFite

Re: Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Post by Arun.prabhu »

Why is everyone so pumped? This was a small border skirmish. If GOI decides to up the ante, we'll know in a couple of weeks at most. I expect there'll be some very nice fireworks and a very big humiliation in the offing for the PAF then. We outnumber them, our are better trained, better equipped, our morale is sky high and we've always won against Pakistan and their men know it for all the bluster. Be patient.

Know that whatever the government decides, the decision wasn't made out of morale cowardice as with other governments before. For the first time since Indira Gandhi, we have someone with balls in the PM office.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Anant wrote:Unless I'm wrong Flightradar24 is showing no departures from New Delhi Airport. Lots of arrivals. I did check the departure list at the airport. Not sure any international heavies would be departing yet.
Sir, everyone's schedules have gone for a toss due to airspace closure. All flights which were supposed to arrive 10pm-1am (just as an example) are delayed by at least 2 hours so will arrive midnight-3am; and they will depart equally late as well. Except flights from the East which seem to be arriving/departing as usual.

If there is imminent threat, there will be departures but no arrivals. Not the other way.
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

That plane shows it landing in Amristar.

ASB
Ashgabat
+05 (UTC +05:00)
Scheduled
10:40
Actual
7:00
ATQ
Amritsar
IST (UTC +05:30)
Scheduled
1:40
Estimated
12:15
1,916 km, 04:06 ago
365 km, in 00:38
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

What's with Insh****ah?
Har har Mahadev.

Karachi will light up in due time.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Anant wrote:That plane shows it landing in Amristar.

ASB
Ashgabat
+05 (UTC +05:00)
Scheduled
10:40
Actual
7:00
ATQ
Amritsar
IST (UTC +05:30)
Scheduled
1:40
Estimated
12:15
1,916 km, 04:06 ago
365 km, in 00:38

TUA555 is flight from Amritsar (15 KMs from border) to Asgbhat and over no flight zone!
dinesh_kimar
BRFite

Post by dinesh_kimar »

From avbl information, Lockheed Martin's F-16 is much superior to the Mig-21-93 in all aspects. To win a dogfight, either of the two conditions is necessary.

1. The Mig gets a shot off first, either with the R-77 or R-73.

Unlikely in Block C or later.

2. An exceptional skilled and determined pilot on the Mig.

As Karan M said, the current situation does remind one of the deeds of Sqdn. Leader AB Devayya vs. the Lockheed F-104 Starfighter over Sargodha.

" An unusual character, like those olden days daredevil pilots of World War 2."

My salaam to our daredevil pilots, unusual characters all, with an old world attitude about dignity and honour from another era.

These crazies are always ready to take a shot at the gold standard - Lockheed Martin, North American F-86 Sabre, etc. while piloting whatever our country can scrape together and patch up. pakis are no match for their craziness.

Because of them, we can turn in peacefully for the night.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

https://twitter.com/RituRathaur/status/ ... 15648?s=20
Ritu (सत्यसाधक)
@RituRathaur
·
48m
Just in:
Sources:
@narendramodi
Sarkar has decided not to buckle under pressure(of ISI Moles in peace frenzy)
It's being reported that he has given free hand to three army chiefs in a late evening meeting
If this is true then big blow to ISI pimps in #Lutyens
#IndiaStrikesBack
parshuram
BRFite

Post by parshuram »

From Twitter -> Pakistan Army Chief says that India is again planning for a misadventure. There is a high alert in Karachi and Pasni as the reports of Indian navy moving towards Karachi are getting affirmation. Pakistan Air Force is maintaining surveillance across the southern belt of Pakistan.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, sorry to be an arm chair activist when I am not the one putting my life on the line, but I am sick and tired of this BS from Indian media, elite, and political class on international pressure on TSP. Give me a break. Despite all the so called pressure, TSP did some harakiri on the LoC.

India cannot back down now. Does that mean more attacks on TSP? On this I am in 2 minds. It might be worth a pause to re-asses our strategy, unless of course there is an immediate provocation from TSP. But make no mistake, TSP has still not paid the kind of price that would deter them from using pigLeTs to grab Kashmir and harass India. Until they see that it is not a trump card, I don't see them pull back.

All this said, its not that international pressure is not important. But it has to be meaningful. Right now, Trump moron says a few things about Paki terror and then goes back to the waiting arms of Melanie and starts tweeting crap. I think if the international community, by that I mean US bahadur and its western lackeys, genuinely put the financial squeeze on TSP, then TSP will act. Till then India must maintain the pressure, and as today's events have shown, there will be set backs which we have to absorb and move on.
pralay
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by pralay »

SBajwa wrote:I see a Turkmainstan airline going to Delhi how will they get to their country without flying over no-flying zone. i guess they will be parked
its going to amritsar, or its not Turkmenian in which case you need to stop commenting on that :P
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Great find Nam.
nam wrote:From a former IAF pilot

https://twitter.com/rhinohistorian/stat ... 6791330818

Paks were on to hitting a Brigade HQ and Ammo dump. A act of war.

If that had succeeded, we will not be talking about the pilot..

Bloody PAF looser could not even reach the target and ran off..
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

UlanBatori wrote:Confirmed MiG-21. Look at the photo in this There's the centerbody of the intake. So much for "Su-30" hopes of Pakis/dhoti-shiverers. Guys, from 1965, I have learned that Indian Official Reports come from a Babucracy that is way too complex for any deliberate lies to survive. The statements prove TRUE, as I discovered 25 years later.

So the story stands: Pakis intruded into Indian airspace. CAP wing commander gave Hot Pursuit and downed an F-16, but MiG 21 travels much faster than an F-16 so got hit by exploding wreckage. See UBCN WAG above. The above photo provides much of the confirmation, but we have to retract our belief that debris got ingested into the intake: the intake seems to have survived until ground impact. F-16 debris may have destroyed a wing.

Pakis saw TWO planes coming from Indian side of LOC crashing and believed that their AA fire had done both. Ha!
Another possibility put forward by Gaurav Pradhan:
https://twitter.com/DrGPradhan/status/1 ... 20800?s=20
#GauravPradhan
@DrGPradhan
·
53m
Replying to
@DrGPradhan

This info is from a veteran Mig pilot who is a very close frd of mine.

So in all probability he had a engine failure due to the wake turbulence of the fired missile.... there is no other option but to eject in these circumstances. It was shit luck.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

1) boss.. Chruchill did address his people during WWII and raised the morale and hopes of the people..its not about cold feet. Let people see/feel/understand what GOI is doing... 2) bada kuch hone wala hai bhailog...
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Find it fascinating following war sitting on your back side using social media and adrenline rush for example during today's air battle.. is exhausting.

I can only admire the mindset of the ones who actually are in the middle of it, risking it all.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^is that the only thing you see?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Panther wrote:Neither Govt nor Modi will take India down. It's the mango public like us asking Modi to come and address us / clear things to public kinda demand will let us down. The people who talk about war but develop cold feet when face a single setback. The people who vomit even on the sight of blood, forget about giving or taking blood for the country will take us down. Brothers why to get killed in bus/ shopping mall or cafe by terrorist. Back the Govt let's give then unconditional support without questioning the wisdom / capability / commitment and finish the cycle of this terror for ever. This is our moment,if we can't do it this time we won't be able to do it for next 10 yes.
Yes, just dont panic and trust in our elected leadership and our armed forces. Fight On!
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Tsp thought it was business as usual . That's how they dealth with all previous GOI. This time GOI taking fight to tsp and from now on. We will be doing business in paki airspace,land, water.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

CRamS wrote:Guys, sorry to be an arm chair activist when I am not the one putting my life on the line, but I am sick and tired of this BS from Indian media, elite, and political class on international pressure on TSP. Give me a break. Despite all the so called pressure, TSP did some harakiri on the LoC.
Many have said this. I reiterate for the 10,000th time. Please change the channels which you watch.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Manish_Sharma wrote:Another possibility put forward by Gaurav Pradhan:
https://twitter.com/DrGPradhan/status/1 ... 20800?s=20
#GauravPradhan
@DrGPradhan
·
53m
Replying to
@DrGPradhan

This info is from a veteran Mig pilot who is a very close frd of mine.

So in all probability he had a engine failure due to the wake turbulence of the fired missile.... there is no other option but to eject in these circumstances. It was shit luck.
Quite possible. We lost Flt Lt Nachiketa's MiG-27 in a similar fashion, exhaust gases from the rocket pod shutting off the air flow to the turbojet.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

SBajwa wrote:TUA555 is flight from Amritsar (15 KMs from border) to Asgbhat and over no flight zone!
Nope. Please click on the flight icon to see its trajectory. It is the inbound flight from Ashkhabad that has taken a very long detour over Iran and Arabian Sea..then flew over Surat...and will now finally land at Amritsar. It looks like it was heading for Delhi till an hour ago, but has been asked to change course to Amritsar.

Other inbound international flights are doing the same. Watch Lufthansa 760 (DLH 760) which is headed to Delhi but is now rerouting over the Arabian Sea.

Sorry, don't mean to convert this into a "flight watch" thread.
Last edited by KL Dubey on 28 Feb 2019 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

manjgu wrote:1) boss.. Chruchill did address his people during WWII and raised the morale and hopes of the people..its not about cold feet. Let people see/feel/understand what GOI is doing... 2) bada kuch hone wala hai bhailog...
As if churchill and brishit are some gold standard that NaMo and Bharat has to follow blindly! :roll:

We are doing things our unique way.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Different leaders, different decision making style. One can't be the other.
amol
BRFite -Trainee

Post by amol »

Anant wrote:Unless I'm wrong Flightradar24 is showing no departures from New Delhi Airport. Lots of arrivals. I did check the departure list at the airport. Not sure any international heavies would be departing yet.
Delhi airport functioning as normal. Bustling with activity and no unusual delays. Flights from the US/Canada did not make it in - the United landed in LHR for example, so the corresponding departure was cancelled.

Other international departures to the east seem to be unaffected. e.g. AI-380 to SIN took off on schedule.

My domestic flight took off at the scheduled time tonight with no fuss or drama.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Karan M wrote: Quite possible. We lost Flt Lt Nachiketa's MiG-27 in a similar fashion, exhaust gases from the rocket pod shutting off the air flow to the turbojet.
Karan is turbojet more vulnerable to exhaust gas fumes than turbofan engine?
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

This is not political, about how decision might be shaped. Congress always taunted Advani stating that his "loh-purush" credentials are fake as he capitulated in Kandahar hijack.

With Masood Azhar releasing a video, PAF intrusion in our air space, IAF pilot down had all of us pissed off.

We all are upset only because of Paki propaganda and we had no tools to counter it. We denied downing of one of our pilots initially, ridiculing Pakis but finding it to be true in the end. And we thought why does GOI not communicate.

I think Modi ji communicating carries big weight. That would be the last resort to prepare entire nation for war. And then there would be no looking back. He need not address nation for every escalation ladder.

With temper cooled down, I understand that even in present position, we have fared well which all learned members have well put.
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

Anybody with shivering dhoti should be sent on a week holiday by the moderators. I wish I got to stop this dhoti-shivering crowd .
Shardul
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Shardul »

Bro if its a WWIII kinda situation. Modi will definitely address nation. But for everything it can't be. We can't pit out Prime Minister against Mr khan or ispr spokesman Gen gafoor.
Last edited by Shardul on 28 Feb 2019 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
prat.patel
BRFite -Trainee

Post by prat.patel »

Manish_Sharma wrote:
manjgu wrote:1) boss.. Chruchill did address his people during WWII and raised the morale and hopes of the people..its not about cold feet. Let people see/feel/understand what GOI is doing... 2) bada kuch hone wala hai bhailog...
As if churchill and brishit are some gold standard that NaMo and Bharat has to follow blindly! :roll:

We are doing things our unique way.
Plus in that era the only source of information was Radio and Govt could effectively control the narrative.
In this age of social media its not that straight forward, especially with rapidly evolving situation.

I think the GOI is doing the right thing. Whatever you attempt to say in middle of something could become obsolete the next minute and social media will make sure the news reached everyone before the GOI gets a chance to come up and provide an update.

The times have changed and strategy has to evolve accordingly.

I think we are in good hands.
prat.patel
BRFite -Trainee

Post by prat.patel »

Panther wrote:Bro of its a WWIII kinda situation. Modi will definitely address nation. But for everything it can't be. We can't pit out Prime Minister against Mr khan or ispr spokesman Gen gafoor.
+101
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

It’s going to Amritsar.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Karan M wrote:
CRamS wrote:Guys, sorry to be an arm chair activist when I am not the one putting my life on the line, but I am sick and tired of this BS from Indian media, elite, and political class on international pressure on TSP. Give me a break. Despite all the so called pressure, TSP did some harakiri on the LoC.
Many have said this. I reiterate for the 10,000th time. Please change the channels which you watch.
I fear that people are having a very myopic view of this situation. This is bigger than a captured Pilot or a downed Mig-21.

It is very easy to watch endless hours of TV and sucked into unnecessary detail about a pilot (who acquitted himself very well), one MiG-21 (which also did very well), some Pakistani PsyOps and some H&D.

This whole operation is about raising the cost of terror to Pakistan. So far the only thing Pakistan has lost is some cheap buildings, some cheap terrorists, one F-16 (unconfined) and some H&D.

This is clearly isn’t a high enough cost to deter them for their next attack (conventional or otherwise).

If they lost 100 planes, including high value ones like all their F-16’s, all their AWACS, 500 tanks - that will deter the next attack.

The whole mission here is to raise the costs for them, and clearly, some real-estate, one plane and some H&D isn’t going to do the job.
Last edited by khan on 28 Feb 2019 00:24, edited 2 times in total.
gaurav.p
BRFite

Post by gaurav.p »

there's lot of baki propaganda esp on tweeter. Lot of gullible desis are consuming it, thanking them and spreading it. All rakshaks need to calm down and let the experts handle it.

bakis have taken up christian names to take cover. For eg - natsec jeffery
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Following this on BRF. Good luck to the IAF and other soldiers.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Chinmayanand wrote:Anybody with shivering dhoti should be sent on a week holiday by the moderators. I wish I got to stop this dhoti-shivering crowd .
https://twitter.com/sharmaAvl/status/11 ... 25864?s=20

Aviral sharma
@sharmaAvl
·
43m
We went 200 Km deep inside Pakistan

We killed more than 300

They came inside, we hunted them down, shot down their MOST ADVANCED plane

We lost a 50 yr old plane, our pilot (Who is a Lion BTW) ejected safely, We'll bring him back for sure!

Why are some people sad? Cheers guys!
====================
https://twitter.com/Oyevivekk/status/11 ... 70403?s=20

vekk | विवेक | বিবেক | விவேக்
@Oyevivekk
·
2h
Do remember this before you say:
#SayNoToWar

1993 Bombay - 800
2001 J&K Assembly - 38
2001 Parliament - 7
2002 Akshardham - 31
2003 Mumbai train blasts- 66
2005 Delhi - 70
2006 Mumbai Train - 209
2008 Jaipur - 63
2008 Mumbai - 171
2016 Uri - 20
2019 Pulwana - 44

Thanks!
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

ArjunPandit wrote:^^is that the only thing you see?
It just so happened I was scanning tweeter when the air battle triggered off at 11 in the morning...

It was crazy.. :rotfl:
Vamsi_V
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vamsi_V »

It is not about winning a twitter battle they got hold of our pilot and we couldn't get theirs but a mig21 for a f16 is good trade. Now Pakistan has provided us with a reason to attack their military installations. Now we should not lose the initiative and take what we have started to its logical conclusion.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

khan wrote:It is very easy to watch endless hours of TV and sucked into unnecessary detail
Please explain this to CRamS before he gives himself another episode of the whines or BP and then ends up raising the BP of the crowd here.

Agree completely about the rest below!
I fear that people are having a very myopic view of this situation. This is bigger than a captured Pilot or a downed Mig-21.

......not about a pilot (who acquitted himself very well), one MiG-21 (which also did very well), some Pakistani PsyOps and some H&D.

This whole operation is about raising the cost of terror to Pakistan. So far the only thing Pakistan has lost is some cheap buildings, some cheap terrorists, one F-16 (unconfined) and some H&D.

This is clearly isn’t a high enough cost to deter them for their next attack (conventional or otherwise).

If they lost 100 planes, including high value ones like all their F-16’s, all their AWACS, 500 tanks - that will deter the next attack.

The whole mission here is to raise the costs for them, and clearly, some real-estate, one plane and some H&D isn’t going to do the job.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Yes its not about winning a twitter battle. But by all means if you are on social media stand up for GOI, Armed forces, just head off defeatism. We keep complaining GOI doesn't understand Information Warfare, so lets help out.
Vamsi31 wrote:It is not about winning a twitter battle they got hold of our pilot and we couldn't get theirs but a mig21 for a f16 is good trade. Now Pakistan has provided us with a reason to attack their military installations. Now we should not lose the initiative and take what we have started to its logical conclusion.
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

nam wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote:^^is that the only thing you see?
It just so happened I was scanning tweeter when the air battle triggered off at 11 in the morning...

It was crazy.. :rotfl:
Pretty much same here. Spent last two days countering propaganda on SM and whatsapp groups. Now up at night trying to finish my reports and office work in time, but still can't keep off from pushing the f5 key on this thread,
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

Karan M wrote:Yes its not about winning a twitter battle. But by all means if you are on social media stand up for GOI, Armed forces, just head off defeatism. We keep complaining GOI doesn't understand Information Warfare, so lets help out.
Vamsi31 wrote:It is not about winning a twitter battle they got hold of our pilot and we couldn't get theirs but a mig21 for a f16 is good trade. Now Pakistan has provided us with a reason to attack their military installations. Now we should not lose the initiative and take what we have started to its logical conclusion.
We need to bring the BRF social media cell back.