Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by hanumadu »

Austin wrote:GOI should release pre and post impact sat image .......IAF said yesterday they have evidence of the strike but it is up to GOI when to release
Uri SS1 images were released long afterwards. These will be too at an appropriate time after the naysayers have spent their energies.
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

It was clearly mentioned all three branches of forces provided action plans and air strike option was picked. I would say we the aam public do not have skill and domain knowledge to second guess our professionals. Anyone that cant see or wont see the paradigm change that air strike has brought in how India can react to terror attack henceforth is either naive or pretending to sleep.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

I will tell you without being on any social media platform but just watching some snippets on the libturds coming my way via twitter that it is the libturds that are massively crying right now and that is because NO one with any brains is buying their narrative on the latest dust up with the bakis.

Their attempt of making a hero our of Dimran and worse Trumpanzee [Who would be the most hated person AFTER Modi in their circle] is an absolute sigh of desperation and angst.

The 4 screen grabs that I has posted yesterday where from one such *free thinker* who was crying that all media is getting their *dope* directly from NaMo. That is the level of their frustration.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Should be released any minute now.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Scratch that. India is ahead by 30 minutes.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Patni wrote:It was clearly mentioned all three branches of forces provided action plans and air strike option was picked. I would say we the aam public do not have skill and domain knowledge to second guess our professionals. Anyone that cant see or wont see the paradigm change that air strike has brought in how India can react to terror attack henceforth is either naive or pretending to sleep.
This is accepted. What we need to know is if the munitions hit their target, and if not, why? In a real war that will be critical because the next time it may be the Chinese and every asset will have to work near perfect.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

harish_ch wrote: Thanks to the Gurus at BRF, people like me, who know not much, understand the profound importance of this strike ,but aam junta are not so aware of the intricacies involved. All they see is social media,news papers n tvs to get their information ..and this is the group that votes in elections and hence very important to be convinced of the results...I hope govt presents our narrative so that we can take it into people as much as possible...

Even better would be to strike now in such a way that even a blind man can see the impact...
Harish_ch'ji, why do not you work on making the aam junta aware. In your own sphere. And not many, just three and you can request them to make aware only three more. Even if the entire chain stops at 9 levels, you would have reached an audience of @30000 persons.

On the part of doing a strike such a way that even a blind man can see the impact., that is called playing to gallery and doing the optics. That is what Bakis do. Playing to gallery.

And then a Mig21 goes in and not just does a chaddi utaro (pull down the shorts) but puts a missile so deep that he becomes a legend and the incident becomes a ballad to be told for ages.

For such strikes, there is primary goal. That is to get the terrorists out and make sure that the terrorists are indeed out. Making a strike just for optics is I think a last thing.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Sanju'saar, I would not even look twice at that Michael Sheldon guy. But thanks for identifying such think tanks called the "Atlantic Community".
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

PAkistan FM on CNN is stating Masood Azhar is seriously ill and to arrest him India needs to provide strong evidence which convicts him in Pakistani Court of Law :lol:

https://twitter.com/ananthkrishnan/stat ... 3885104129
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Katare wrote:As for as I know, we have not seen any images of that madrassa compound. No journalist have been allowed anywhere near it either. No interview with students or moulanas/trainers have been aired by any ofcthe Pakistani TV channels. If the target is intact why not show it to the world.

IAF hadn’t disclosed how many bombs it dropped, so it is possible that the madrassa was destroyed but a few bombs strayed from their targets and landed in nearby forest.

Since they would have carried more bombs than needed so some mirages may have dumped them (who wants to lug around a heavy 1 ton bomb on sprint back home) to lighten up once they saw enemy aircraft approaching.

So it is possible that the target was obliterated and additional bombs were dropped/fell in the near by forest. Both Indian and Pakistan claims could be true. Unfortunately Indian authorities are tight lipped and Pakistan is showing its side in a bikini.
proof be damned.

you have missed the point by a country mile.

The operative point is the attack itself, and this attack has changed forever the Indo pak dynamics.

Note that the specific word "nuclear" was not mentioned by anyone this time. The utility of this bluff was called and the myth was totally demolished.

Are you denying that such an attack took place??

Are the pakis denying that such an attack took place??

WTF does it matter if a few bombs went astray??

whose father what goes??

The pakis are desperately trying to change the narrative from the gut wrenching national humiliation of the undeniable reality of an attack that took place on sovereign paki soil by another country to divert the issue by asking for proof which is their usual, well worn, well tried, proven, tested and always available trump card.

why do you need all these operational details anyway??

India attacked, pakis acknowledged that the attack took place, Indian planes intruded deep into paki airspace, bombs were dropped, lesson taught. End of story.

what insignificant boxes do these infructuous details check in your narrative anyway??
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

amarinder singh wont be going to wagah after receiving a cold response from the top :) he was ok but we dont want to make a huge huha and attract undesirable flies like sidhu to the scene!

i guess a IAF medical team will pick him up and fly to delhi.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

habal wrote: So this wagah border handover is the preference of IHC or RC and not pakistanis
I think it is wagah border because Bakis cannot fly. And neither they have money.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Mort Walker wrote:No. It is not moh maya. The GoI specifically stated that Masood Azhar's BIL, Yosuf Azhar, was one of the masterminds of the IC814 hijacking, and got him in this attack. That should not have been said if they were uncertain. It would be even worse if the compound was not hit at all and show the GoI as lying.
On Azhar's BIL, IIRC they never claimed they got him just that he was in charge of the facility.

The readout was released so won't be difficult to verify. Will update with the actual text.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

ramana wrote:Should be released any minute now.
only after 4pm India time.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

other than a lone ereyie just took off from karachi i dont see any naarmal activity over enemy skies.

i wonder if iaf is probing and playing shadow games from the sea?

also i would doubt the operational status of their mighty K8 karakorum awacs - the ereyie is clearly streets ahead if its put to guard the henhouse.

seen no hide or hair of the K8.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Austin wrote:PAkistan FM on CNN is stating Masood Azhar is seriously ill and to arrest him India needs to provide strong evidence which convicts him in Pakistani Court of Law :lol:

If Azhar is seriously ill he needs to get treated in AIIMS as good will gesture :P
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

Mort Walker wrote:
Patni wrote:It was clearly mentioned all three branches of forces provided action plans and air strike option was picked. I would say we the aam public do not have skill and domain knowledge to second guess our professionals. Anyone that cant see or wont see the paradigm change that air strike has brought in how India can react to terror attack henceforth is either naive or pretending to sleep.
This is accepted. What we need to know is if the munitions hit their target, and if not, why? In a real war that will be critical because the next time it may be the Chinese and every asset will have to work near perfect.
I had say not we but our professionals need to confirm effectiveness of their action. I am completely fine with trusting Indian armed forces to be professional and i know that they have best ethics and strive for highest standards any one can hope for. I will wait till dust settles or as and when they decide its best time to provide more information. This i think should be minimum expected from anyone that professes to be BRF member. PM himself said this was a pilot project! what does it tell you? to any one rational it means openness to see result of action, analyse and take appropriate modification if needed and have a go again :). rinse and repeat how else highest standards is to be achieved?
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

Austin wrote:PAkistan FM on CNN is stating Masood Azhar is seriously ill and to arrest him India needs to provide strong evidence which convicts him in Pakistani Court of Law :lol:

Body language of Pakis Foreign Minister Qureshi suggests that Pakis are rattled. This one and previous one immediately on the day of Balakot air strike show that they did not expect this kind of response from us.

In his earlier stint, he was very arrogant and full of himself.
harish_ch
BRFite -Trainee

Post by harish_ch »

disha wrote:
harish_ch wrote: Harish_ch'ji, why do not you work on making the aam junta aware. In your own sphere. And not many, just three and you can request them to make aware only three more. Even if the entire chain stops at 9 levels, you would have reached an audience of @30000 persons.
Disha ji..Yes I have been doing that since the strikes on Balakot and that's what I was mentioning earlier here about the change in the narrative...

As many others said earlier, the airstrikes bring a paradigm shift in the way we responded..I believe now Paki's understood that such attacks will result in them having to not just shut their airspace but also their as**** ...and as Modi ji said this is just a Pilot and the real deal is yet to come...

But many people fail to understand this as all they want to see is some proof...they say when Paki's are showing that nothing has been damaged, why can't we show what we did and prove them wrong...and plz don't take them wrong as they are as patriotic as we are ,only little misinformed...

It is a different thing that some people tend to prefer to not believe in spite of showing any proof...the only way out is to dump them in the JeM compound to see the truth for themselves and leave them to rot there...
Last edited by harish_ch on 01 Mar 2019 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

disha wrote:
habal wrote: So this wagah border handover is the preference of IHC or RC and not pakistanis
I think it is wagah border because Bakis cannot fly. And neither they have money.
Well, if he is handed over IHC Islamabad, then they would have make the way to border by road. IHC is not allowed to use choppers from embassy to border.

So he will be handed over and bought by pakistani helicopter to a helicopter landing strip nearest to wagah crossing and he will be accompanied by IHC personnel and handed over at the border.
Shardul
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Shardul »

We'll just to highlight few fact. Initially when we confirmed taking out terror camps in balakot. There was absolute denial from Pakistan. Reaction was breach happened 5km from Loc. Later on as strike had happened and local guys claiming to hear the sound of aircraft and bombs. Deniability could not be maintained over long period of time. Then there was realization regarding " Awan asking " how could they penetrate so deep without interception. So to divert the attention from real ??? and fill the Awam with false sense of bravado. A airstrike was planned by PAF/ still doubt the objective. Had there been full clarity and commitment behind the counter strike. They might not have run away after first contact. Rest we all know ?? Happened. Just a food for thought. Now everyone acknowledging balakot strike in Pakistan but no one asking tough ??? To their defence forces either PA or PAF. They were successful in diverting public attention from their ill prepared/ over confident / incompetent defence forces whose performance audit done by IAF.
Last edited by Shardul on 01 Mar 2019 12:34, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Pak minister will skip OIC meet in protest against big bad india attending.

with a hot potato inside his undies, I guess giving flowery speeches in OIC is last thing on his mind.

apart from ofcourse TSP, a lot of hidden messaging has gone out loud and clear to the P5. all of this inbred self-serving group tend to look out for themselves, so they will be recalibrating their future dealings with india.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

pankajs wrote:
Mort Walker wrote:No. It is not moh maya. The GoI specifically stated that Masood Azhar's BIL, Yosuf Azhar, was one of the masterminds of the IC814 hijacking, and got him in this attack. That should not have been said if they were uncertain. It would be even worse if the compound was not hit at all and show the GoI as lying.
On Azhar's BIL, IIRC they never claimed they got him just that he was in charge of the facility.

The readout was released so won't be difficult to verify. Will update with the actual text.
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/i ... 2019-02-26
Full text: Indian government's statement on surgical airstrike in Pakistan
In an intelligence led operation in the early hours of today, India struck the biggest training camp of JeM in Balakot. In this operation, a very large number of JeM terrorists, trainers, senior commanders and groups of jihadis who were being trained for fidayeen action were eliminated. This facility at Balakot was headed by Maulana Yousuf Azhar (alias Ustad Ghouri), the brother-in-law of Masood Azhar, chief of JeM.
One reason a prepared text was read and no question was taken was to get their message correct right down to each word. Very carefully chosen words. A casual reading might the impression you got but the GOI only spoke of him heading this facility and casualties in general.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Look at the rest of his tweets. They guy is a mother fcuker who works for the chindu paper.
Sridhar K
BRFite

Post by Sridhar K »

Austin wrote:

If Azhar is seriously ill he needs to get treated in AIIMS as good will gesture :P
May be he was pesticided in the Balakot strike
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

hanumadu wrote:
Austin wrote:GOI should release pre and post impact sat image .......IAF said yesterday they have evidence of the strike but it is up to GOI when to release
Uri SS1 images were released long afterwards. These will be too at an appropriate time after the naysayers have spent their energies.
Evey wonder why the India political parties that were so vocal last time are either quite or getting fringe workers/paid jurnos/Full bakis to rake up the muck this time?

Last time was not only a surgical strike on bakis BUT also a surgical strike on the opposition. Leave a flank open, pull them in to attack you and then deliver the knock out punch. That is one way to knock out credibility.

Psy ops comes in many varieties and forms and we are still learning new ones each time.
mridulmm
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mridulmm »

pankajs wrote:
hanumadu wrote:
Evey wonder why the India political parties that were so vocal last time are either quite or getting fringe workers/paid jurnos/Full bakis to rake up the muck this time?

Last time was not only a surgical strike on bakis BUT also a surgical strike on the opposition. Leave a flank open, pull them in to attack you and then deliver the knock out punch. That is one way to knock out credibility.

Psy ops comes in many varieties and forms and we are still learning new ones each time.
Narrative, this time, is different. It's "how our government's misadventure is getting our soldiers in trouble/killed". God forbid if we had lost any plan or pilot in Balakot strike. It would have become nightmare for current government.
buddhu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by buddhu »

Singha wrote:it does not matter now if nobody was killed or 300 was killed. people can always carp about details - its been 3 days under clouds and enough time to do whatever was needed.

fact is the camp has been there for 15 years.

the message has been sent that we can reach in and take shots at whatever we need to.

every jihadi is going to get nervous about sleeping in such isolated camps again.
Agreed, also me think, if nothing happened, then why TSP is so rattled ? (take the foreign media very next day). GoI has proves, but may want to do more strikes...you don't want to show your cards till all are folded ! And this is the right strategy.
Arima
BRFite

Post by Arima »

when PAF came up to attack us, how many bombs did they drop in unpopulated area and ran away?
do we know there payload? in how places where they dropped.

Knowing this would be important since 15+ aircraft should have dropped 20+ munitions????
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Singha wrote:it does not matter now if nobody was killed or 300 was killed. people can always carp about details - its been 3 days under clouds and enough time to do whatever was needed.

fact is the camp has been there for 15 years.

the message has been sent that we can reach in and take shots at whatever we need to.

every jihadi is going to get nervous about sleeping in such isolated camps again.
+1. Lets not get embroiled too much in the details, its good for twitter war and perception management, but its really doesn't matter that much. Its not important to prove anything really. The message was meant for the big boys across the world and they get it alright. Rest is just what one wants to believe. Public has very short memory, they will soon forget the details and only remember that India attacked Pakis and downed their F16. Its like how people only remember statistics in Cricket after a while. Lets look at the big picture. IMO we have achieved a strategic objective with the Strikes. We have erased LoC from the Air Space now. Our response will only go a step beyond and it will keep rising. We are no more into "1 for 1" or even "10 for 1" and maintaining status quo. We will grab strategic space with each step and pakis will be pushed towards on the cliff edge with each step. What started after Uri is validated now. The world is not going to think if was one off thing. The Congressis not gonna poo-poo it saying it used to be done earlier as well. The change in the paradigm is validated now.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Arima wrote:when PAF came up to attack us, how many bombs did they drop in unpopulated area and ran away?
do we know there payload? in how places where they dropped.

Knowing this would be important since 15+ aircraft should have dropped 20+ munitions????
4 places. likely 4 bombs. Places mentioned in yesterday's statement, please see it again for details. Bombs fell in our Mil installations. IAF's quick action did save the day.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

mridulmm wrote:
pankajs wrote: Evey wonder why the India political parties that were so vocal last time are either quite or getting fringe workers/paid jurnos/Full bakis to rake up the muck this time?

Narrative, this time, is different. It's "how our government's misadventure is getting our soldiers in trouble/killed". God forbid if we had lost any plan or pilot in Balakot strike. It would have become nightmare for current government.
Not really.

The next phase is on *hold* precisely because there was NO damage during the balakot raid or the PAF raid. IF either of them had resulted in casualties the same playbook would have been followed.

Make no mistake this GOI means business and while the libturds will scream piss the mangos will swallow *muh tod jawab* in spite of causalities. The bakis must bless their luck that there was no causalities.

The same playbook would have smashed any political party or libturd that would have run into the breach like vultures to claim the spoils of war.

If folks still don't understand Modi, he invites criticism and them weaponizes them as I have not seen anyone else do.
Trikaal
BRFite

Post by Trikaal »

ramana wrote:
Trikaal wrote:Do we know the exact number of F-16s owned by PAF? How long can they stay in denial? It would come out sooner or later, right?
Why are you legalistic?

Pakis never admit criminality and want to get away.

IAF has said they shot down a F 16.
Thats what matters.
I believe IAF. I just wanted to know how long Pakistan would drag this before admitting the loss. And would it be possible for them to keep lying to world forever. IAFs word is enough for me but I want PAF and their much vaunted F-16s shamed on a global scale and for that, we might need conclusive proof.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

foreign minister is lying and Sheikh Rasheed ( their rail minister) is saying JIhad is duty of all moslems inside the parliament !! i hope Modi & Co. are listening.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

BTW, this is also a message to Chinese, Saudis and the world in general. Their investments in bakistan is NOT safe.

GOI is more than willing to fight a *limited war* within bakistan at the drop of the hat and more than likely drop that the hat itself [Preemptive]. In a general war over bakistan can any investment really be safe?

That is another way to seal Bakistan's fate.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

manjgu wrote:foreign minister is lying and Sheikh Rasheed ( their rail minister) is saying JIhad is duty of all moslems inside the parliament !! i hope Modi & Co. are listening.
I am certain that the GOI keeps a library of such contents to add spice to their usual dosas that they regularly make.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

IHC Islamabad have taken custody of Abhinandan. Now to bring him back.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

:rotfl:

Lt Gen K J Singh
@kayjay34350
1h1 hour ago
More
It must b a great shock for Punjabis & Pathani fed on narrative of 'weak Dosa eating Madrasis' in coping up with our real Tamil Tiger, Abhindan. Time 4 Pakis 2 face reality. Every corner of India will produce real heroes. Jai Hind.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

:rotfl:

Dr.Shiv
@bennedose
4h4 hours ago
More
Feb 26 to Feb 29, 2019
If Modi talks: "warmongering!!"
Modi says nothing "Maun ki baat!"!
But allowing military chiefs to decide is good leadership -allows Modi to intervene depending on what happens. Good leaders delegate to capable assistants. Great strategy.Liberandus unhappy
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

btw I had predicted a couple of days back that Abhinandan would be released the next day itself. Thread was crowded so didn't receive any recognition for making such ahead of curve prediction onlee. :((