Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
gunnvant
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by gunnvant »

nam wrote:
gunnvant wrote: If we think about it, the long term solution seems to be dismantling of the deep state (ISI/Army). Hope some covert actions are in being planned by Doval ji.
We cannot dismantle the deep state. PA is not an alien entity. It is normal citizens of Pak, who decide to officially take panga with us.

Stop worrying about democracy in Pak. Just impose cost on PA. They will keep quiet.
Hope Modiji returns to power and keep the danda rolling.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

Better half v angry ...telling me to switch off and sleep
... i feel young again .... katl ki raat hai kya?? I told her my boys are up and flying ... atleast I can keep awake below ... jai veer bajrangi. .jai shivaji
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

:twisted:
gaurav.p
BRFite

Post by gaurav.p »

Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

manjgu wrote:Better half v angry ...telling me to switch off and sleep
... i feel young again .... katl ki raat hai kya?? I told her my boys are up and flying ... atleast I can keep awake below ... jai veer bajrangi. .jai shivaji
Sir same here.
Home ministry is asking to switch off tv and mobile. But I'm in no mood to do so. I Guess some well lubricated rod is pushed at paki pichwada....

Today also we lost 7 sons of mother india.
Nation Can't let it go on & on. For pakis
Cost has to be increased disproportionately.

Jai Bajrang Bali
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Indeed I am not apologetic, if whatever little was achieved through this mission, helps get ModiJi re-elected, I am all for it. Let former ret(arde)d army officers like Ajai Shukla squirm as they like (I wish he was communicated and stripped of any association with the honorable Indian army). No way, stupid dunces like Pappu and anybody else from thugandhan can carry on this approach. At best, they will do p!ss tamasha to the nodding heads of the 'international community'.

Battle must go on.
Vinu
BRFite

Post by Vinu »

Russians are obviously very delighted about killing of F16.

https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201903 ... n-pak-f16/
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Post by Ravi Karumanchiri »

manjgu wrote:Don't worry ..the napakis have much more info ... names of pilots in which squadrons etc ... br db is helping no one.
^^^^^^^^^
I disagree strongly.

How about someone take some responsibility? Act with care and caution? Show some respect?

What a public listing like this enables is a potential 'do-it-yourselfer', also known within this domain as a 'pledge' or increasingly a 'lone wolf'.

What good does such a public DB serve? IMO this should be plainly against the law; and should not go on.

INFOSEC is OPSEC

This should be a mantra for BRF during the era of Twister and other SM.

INFOSEC is OPSEC
INFOSEC is OPSEC
INFOSEC is OPSEC

Or at least, some discretion, maybe? (Since common decency isn't a strong enough impulse, apparently.)

People who do a dangerous job, shouldn't face further threats or potential threats, merely because a media outlet wants to seem 'in the know'. (That goes for Undie TV, and for BRF too.)
Last edited by Ravi Karumanchiri on 02 Mar 2019 00:36, edited 1 time in total.
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

ramana wrote:
YashG wrote:@moderators & BR junta.

I think a mig-21 shooting down F-16 is history. It changes a lot of calculations. The aviation world is talking about this. It would be great if we can open a new topic on analysis and crosslinks of various credible internet discussion on this historic event. Over time the link would start appearing in search results - it will be very nice for more aviation enthusiasts to come across this piece of history & the IAF brilliance.

I've been a lurker, occassional poster for 15 years on BR. I'm not sure if this is okay as a new thread. If BR junta & moderators agree then either I can start the thread or please someone else do the same. ( if this request need be in another forum - please let me know)
Please go ahead and start the thread with title
Mig-21 shoots down F-16 in Kashmir

And your comments there about the historic nature.
Put the data on Mig-21-93 Bison upgrade and F-16 Blk 52 Twin seater configuration
Also any data on pilots experience etc.

Don't need permission for good work.
@Ramana
I created the thread with some trivia & facts. But by the time I did Austin had already done the honors. So I see the thread I created is locked. So we could atleast move the post into the other thread? And delete the one I created.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

mods locked the f16 dhaga, but if chuck yeager is alive and has some sm account, someone please send love from IAF. I will be happy to send a card with F16 pic downed by Mig21
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

Okay - here's some forensic analysis.

Here's an interesting Flightradar24 playback over the past 2 days - before and after the Terroristan airspace closure: https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/1101142521168740352

Please play the video and especially focus on events between 27 Feb between 4:20am and 4:40am (my understanding is that it is in UTC), which corresponds to 9:50am - 10:10am IST. The video is fast, so you'll need to pause and then jump the right time. FYI - the TSP attack happened at around 10 am, so we're looking at the airspace immediately before and after. Keep your focus on the Srinagar airport. Rajouri is down and left of the airport.

Observe that there are civilian flights at 04:21 and some at 04:30 and a lot more at 04:38.

So, we know that our Mig-21s are armed with R-77. And our Sukhois have R-27 and R-77, so I've been puzzling on why we didn't take a BVR shot on the 27th morning. And this is the answer - the airspace around Rajouri had civilian flights in it.

The corollary to this is that it is highly likely that the PAF fired BVR missile in an airspace with civilian airliners that don't respond to IFF.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

YashG wrote: @Ramana
I created the thread with some trivia & facts. But by the time I did Austin had already done the honors. So I see the thread I created is locked. So we could atleast move the post into the other thread? And delete the one I created.
Done!
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Didn't watch the tamasha. Couldn't. Definitely wouldn't.

This is not the way to handle pow transfer. If pak wanted a show let them have at their side.we should have shown much more seriousness and calm.
morem
BRFite

Post by morem »

Ravi Karumanchiri wrote:
manjgu wrote:Don't worry ..the napakis have much more info ... names of pilots in which squadrons etc ... br db is helping no one.
^^^^^^^^^
I disagree strongly.

How about someone take some responsibility? Act with care and caution? Show some respect?

What a public listing like this enables is a potential 'do-it-yourselfer', also known within this domain as a 'pledge' or increasingly a 'lone wolf'.

What good does such a public DB serve? IMO this should be plainly against the law; and should not go on.

INFOSEC is OPSEC

This should be a mantra for BRF during the era of Twister and other SM.

INFOSEC is OPSEC
INFOSEC is OPSEC
INFOSEC is OPSEC

Or at least, some discretion, maybe? (Since common decency isn't a strong enough impulse, apparently.)

People who do a dangerous job, shouldn't face further threats or potential threats, merely because a media outlet wants to seem 'in the know'. (That goes for Undie TV, and for BRF too.)
+100 , no point having a central repository for someone to access
Sravan
BRFite

Post by Sravan »

Heavy shelling in LoC
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^ i also vote against having such a data. on one hand we are against putting our flight radar info and on other hand we are creating a ready reckoner. I think by now damage has been done.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Rahul M wrote:
pankajs wrote: Earlier I had written on the subject ..

The realized late but the damaged has been done.
pankajs, any idea what brilliance was planned in this video ? Assuming you watched it.
Note plz, not asking for a link, since have no intention to watch. Just want to know to what end the TSPA went to record a video at the last moment.
They made a heavily (and obviously) edited video that among other things says that he was hunting for a target in Paki airspace, and that has him dissing our media as immature folk who sensationalize stuff.

This has backfired big time on them as they assumed that the rest of the world are jaahil idiots like their own populace who can swallow such stuff. Even Barkha aunty was pissed off, not sure whether it was due to the revolting nature of what the Pakis did by putting out that video, or because her biradari was dissed. :lol:
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

Teetar guturgoo suggests Karachi skies are going crazy with noise of jets.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^sorry what video is being talked about..i am missing out completely. It's moving faster than i can process today
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

If we want to maintain any db, best to start with PA, terror locations, names of afsars. AND start with infor on cheenis in tibet.
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

ArjunPandit wrote:^^sorry what video is being talked about..i am missing out completely. It's moving faster than i can process today
All the delay in release of WinCo happened because Goatlovers wanted to do one last propaganda video. The video had over 40 edits as if trying to force a narrative. Bakis later pulled down the vid soon after releasing it.
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

Unconfirmed teetar reports, IA 155 mm guns are blazing on the LoC.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Teetar saying that Pak opened CVF with 105 mm arty and we are replying back with 155 mm shells. Also reports of "snake" missiles being used. Suppose we will get a clearer picture tomorrow morning. PAF (& I suppose IAF as well) are carrying out heavy CAP flights.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Singha wrote:eerie empty skies again north of delhi...
I Emirates flying to Islamabad...
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

i think along with this madness there needs to be a counter of their propaganda. I saw some analysis done by gurus regarding the plane crash but that needs to be done.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Coffee spill alert...posting purely for some comic relief:
https://wnobserver.com/asia/india-to-fa ... an-claims/
:rotfl:
Paki attempt at fake news, complete with 400% Musharraf-grade Pinglish and the phrase 'Dog Cat' to describe what happens when 2 fighters face off WVR :wink:
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Qatar, PIA, Emirates are all up flying to Islamabad...
Oman, and others flying to Karachi
Last edited by milindc on 02 Mar 2019 01:22, edited 1 time in total.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Zynda wrote:Teetar saying that Pak opened CVF with 105 mm arty and we are replying back with 155 mm shells. Also reports of "snake" missiles being used. Suppose we will get a clearer picture tomorrow morning. PAF (& I suppose IAF as well) are carrying out heavy CAP flights.
i think pakis being pakis will get paki'ed
gunnvant
BRFite -Trainee

Post by gunnvant »

ArjunPandit wrote:^^sorry what video is being talked about..i am missing out completely. It's moving faster than i can process today
Sir ji there is a propagaandu video, napakis prepared before they released WingCo. Its in bad taste you may not want to see it.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Bart S wrote:Coffee spill alert...posting purely for some comic relief:
Paki attempt at fake news, complete with 400% Musharraf-grade Pinglish and the phrase 'Dog Cat' to describe what happens when 2 fighters face off WVR :wink:
who's lockheed martin guy? I guess they too are going to lose like pcb did few days back and had to pay the litigation fees. And not to forget they can kiss any sales goodbye. Vivek lall's cv must be with recruitment consultants by now :)
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Singha wrote: SRINGAR: Four security personnel, including an officer, have died during an encounter with terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district today. Sources say a terrorist, who was presumed dead, emerged from the rubble of a destroyed house and started firing which took the security personnel by surprise.
Dont we double tap the presumed dead as a protocol? Or only US does that?
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

milindc wrote:Qatar, PIA, Emirates are all up flying to Islamabad...
Oman, and others flying to Karachi
All their Isloo flights are taking a flight path such that they are hugging the Iran & Afghanistan border until the the last possible moment.

On the Indian side, there is nothing north of Delhi & West of Jodhpur.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

ArjunPandit wrote:
Bart S wrote:Coffee spill alert...posting purely for some comic relief:
who's lockheed martin guy? I guess they too are going to lose like pcb did few days back and had to pay the litigation fees. And not to forget they can kiss any sales goodbye. Vivek lall's cv must be with recruitment consultants by now :)

Nobody from Lockheed Martin is that stupid, it is just the wet dream of some Paki but being tweeted out by heavyweights in the Paki media and officialdom.
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

khan wrote: On the Indian side, there is nothing north of Delhi & West of Jodhpur.
Pretty usual this time of the night.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Snake, Naag missiles ? Why'd Indian army use Naags on J&K LOC ? Just random bullshit by wannabes.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

schinnas wrote:
Singha wrote: SRINGAR: Four security personnel, including an officer, have died during an encounter with terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district today. Sources say a terrorist, who was presumed dead, emerged from the rubble of a destroyed house and started firing which took the security personnel by surprise.
Dont we double tap the presumed dead as a protocol? Or only US does that?
I think this is more along the lines of an urban battle where our guys from their cover fire at terrorists hidden in a house, rather than a break the door down OBL kind of raid. Hence when enough fire has been laid and the firing stops they move in slowly to clear the place. They seem to have been ambushed in the process of doing that.

It would be good if they could just blow up the house instead of bothering with small arms fire, but SOP and conditions might not permit that.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^wait a sec bart sir, you didnt get the joke ...had pakis been smart they would have called the UN.whatever that monitors the group on their side and opened their backside to say..look they are responding to my stinking backside and they lob 155mm shell, but they being proactive have lost that. Now they'll get beaten up and noone apart from their echo chamber guys wont believe it. And they have managed to bring us back where we started at teh starting of this week
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Post by Ravi Karumanchiri »

gunnvant wrote:
Sir ji there is a propagaandu video, napakis prepared before they released WingCo. Its in bad taste you may not want to see it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's not just "in bad taste"

Whisky, Tango, Foxtrot is with the obscene euphemism? That video is a de facto War Crime, under the Geneva Conventions.

Prisoners of war must at all times be humanely treated. Any unlawful act or omission by the Detaining Power causing death or seriously endangering the health of a prisoner of war in its custody is prohibited, and will be regarded as a serious breach of the present Convention. In particular, no prisoner of war may be subjected to physical mutilation or to medical or scientific experiments of any kind which are not justified by the medical, dental or hospital treatment of the prisoner concerned and carried out in his interest.
Likewise, prisoners of war must at all times be protected, particularly against acts of violence or intimidation and against insults and public curiosity.
Measures of reprisal against prisoners of war are prohibited.
https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/applic/i ... CD0051AB7A
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Thakur_B wrote:
khan wrote: On the Indian side, there is nothing north of Delhi & West of Jodhpur.
Pretty usual this time of the night.
only flights to amritsar and chd, i noted a few last few days. This being friday might mean more traffic on rest of the routes and hence less usual traffic here
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

No more shalwar browning? Do Pakis think everything is good now?