Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by ArjunPandit »

Is that a parody site? they are claiming they;ll take India to Un for eco terrorism. Is it their attempt at "parody site". there are many fake news below that news. I am not sure of this site by some zubair. But then there's truth.
Pakistan side has depicted huge solidarity, Indians are not united
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

jamwal wrote:Snake, Naag missiles ? Why'd Indian army use Naags on J&K LOC ? Just random bullshit by wannabes.
Pakis used ATGM against Indian posts day before yesterday. Rumours are that India used snakes to wipe out 4 Paki posts and 720+ hoors had to be given employment. May be it works better than artillery for fortified bunkers?
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

The inclusion of navy chief in the briefing yesterday seems to have had a fantastic effect in enforcing an informal blockade. Most commercial ships would automatically avoid Karachi and insurance would sky rocket.

While it would increase inflation with prices skyrocketing, it may also help Pak economy because reduced imports means less burnout of precious forex in hand.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

Prasad wrote:If we want to maintain any db, best to start with PA, terror locations, names of afsars. AND start with infor on cheenis in tibet.
Yes protect ourselves and expose theirs. Main problem with Chinese is their language which very few of us know. But I think we should create a database on our enemies their capabilities, afsars etc etc.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Naag is not man portable. Indian army has used Milan type missiles in Kargil and a few other places.
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Post by Ravi Karumanchiri »

srin wrote:Okay - here's some forensic analysis.

Here's an interesting Flightradar24 playback over the past 2 days - before and after the Terroristan airspace closure: https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/1101142521168740352

Please play the video and especially focus on events between 27 Feb between 4:20am and 4:40am (my understanding is that it is in UTC), which corresponds to 9:50am - 10:10am IST. The video is fast, so you'll need to pause and then jump the right time. FYI - the TSP attack happened at around 10 am, so we're looking at the airspace immediately before and after. Keep your focus on the Srinagar airport. Rajouri is down and left of the airport.

Observe that there are civilian flights at 04:21 and some at 04:30 and a lot more at 04:38.

So, we know that our Mig-21s are armed with R-77. And our Sukhois have R-27 and R-77, so I've been puzzling on why we didn't take a BVR shot on the 27th morning. And this is the answer - the airspace around Rajouri had civilian flights in it.

The corollary to this is that it is highly likely that the PAF fired BVR missile in an airspace with civilian airliners that don't respond to IFF.
^^^^^^^^^^
This is a really big deal. Much more hay needs to be made of it. Can you identify which aircraft might have potentially been within the threat envelop? Have those airlines been notified? How about the press in those countries?

I'll say it again, this is a very big deal, and underscores the 'T' in 'TSP quite well.

Similarly, I think it's important to note, the Jordanians themselves suffered a collective 'National Tragedy' in recent years, when one of their F16 pilots came down and fell into the hands of ISIS (who famously burned him alive in a cage on video, as terrorists are want to do).

This incident was very painful for the Jordanian Royals, King Abdullah himself is an F16 qualified pilot, and would probably shudder at the thought of a formerly Jordanian F16 flying what amounted to a terror mission to back JeM, while wantonly shooting off BVR missiles into ongoing air traffic.

There is hay to be made of this also.

So too, for a US-supplied missile fired at India. The irony of the Taliban lacking an air force made this eventuality inevitable. Now that it has come to pass...... I'll say it again: There is much hay to be made on this point alone. Isn't this evidence of a breach of US Law? What can be done to ensure US Law is applied to the TSP's backside?

For sure, the BVR shot into Indian airspace is a straight-up act of terrorism. That it failed any kill, is down to sheer luck, nothing resembling goodwill.

Likewise, releasing the captured IAF pilot was the only way to end hostilities (or at least, pause them). Keeping the IAF pilot would have meant accepting the continuance of hostilities. That's what's happened here. Nobody should stray from those facts (it's not a narrative, it's how things are).
Last edited by Ravi Karumanchiri on 02 Mar 2019 01:53, edited 1 time in total.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

schinnas wrote:The inclusion of navy chief in the briefing yesterday seems to have had a fantastic effect in enforcing an informal blockade. Most commercial ships would automatically avoid Karachi and insurance would sky rocket.

While it would increase inflation with prices skyrocketing, it may also help Pak economy because reduced imports means less burnout of precious forex in hand.
Forex is of no use when there is no way to import anything.
buddhu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by buddhu »

ArjunPandit wrote:^^wait a sec bart sir, you didnt get the joke ...had pakis been smart they would have called the UN.whatever that monitors the group on their side and opened their backside to say..look they are responding to my stinking backside and they lob 155mm shell, but they being proactive have lost that. Now they'll get beaten up and noone apart from their echo chamber guys wont believe it. And they have managed to bring us back where we started at teh starting of this week
+1, and we need to cripple TSP air space tonight! A clear message of NO FLY ZONE! to their akkas...
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Uh no. Pakis work as ,mercenaries for these arabs. Pakistan is their ummah brother and it will be extremely naive to expect that these muslim nations will care about anything like this as long as a lower grade momeen is fighting against kafir India.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Ardeshir wrote:Image
No more shalwar browning? Do Pakis think everything is good now?
Plenty of browned shalwar - look at the way their planes are hugging their western borders.

IAf should send some SU-30’s in over the sea to do some more bombing. That will shut that route down.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

schinnas wrote:The inclusion of navy chief in the briefing yesterday seems to have had a fantastic effect in enforcing an informal blockade. Most commercial ships would automatically avoid Karachi and insurance would sky rocket.

well look at the knock on effects. With air closure, some economic activity esp meat/food export to middle east would close. That would reduce in lower tax too. They wont be able to spend that fx either
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Hit Gwadar and destroy the port. It must not be used for Chinni attack subs.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

shravan wrote:
Rahul M wrote: pankajs, any idea what brilliance was planned in this video ? Assuming you watched it.
Note plz, not asking for a link, since have no intention to watch. Just want to know to what end the TSPA went to record a video at the last moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbumNFbQp9A
first 15 seconds! You will get the answer!
Nothing wrong in watching it...We are with him.
Allo Einsteins, where are the remains of the bleeding injuries he had on the left side of his face per pics taken as he was being arrested and manhandled by brave TFTA PA? That is ***NOT** the same person!
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Post by Ravi Karumanchiri »

jamwal wrote:Uh no. Pakis work as ,mercenaries for these arabs. Pakistan is their ummah brother and it will be extremely naive to expect that these muslim nations will care about anything like this as long as a lower grade momeen is fighting against kafir India.
^^^^^^^^^^
I'd worry about illicit transfers of decisive military technology, with an Unkil Khan blind-eye turned to it all.

I'm worried about this, because of how I judge the North American coverage of these recent events between India and Pakistan.

Make no mistake: Pakistan was coddled for decades by Western powers, to put India off it's balance (in large part because India was seen as 'within the Soviet sphere'; but also to suppress demand for resources which are better consumed by Western powers, iow 'The Great Game', Third Millennium Edition). You'd have to be a fool, to assume this general game plan is altered.

Indian tri-services need to be on alert; in part because this has the added benefit of keeping the TSP on alert, which they can ill afford.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

UBCN WAG: Ahead of the curve, always. V r the ones who reported based on our deep analysis that the Paki pilot(s)' deaths were caused by Paki Army/terrorists (same thing) who beat them to death. Deliberately.

Now here is confirmation:
Anujan wrote:https://www.firstpost.com/india/pilot-o ... 80091.html

Praveen Swami of "grandma crossed over" fame.

PAF Wing Commander Shahaz-ud-Din had parachuted out of his F-16 aircraft safely, but was then attacked by a mob after his aircraft crash-landed
The news that Shahaz-ud-Din's plane was shot down was first reported by London-based lawyer Khalid Umar, who says he received it privately, from individuals related to the F-16 pilot’s family
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

ArjunPandit wrote:Is that a parody site? they are claiming they;ll take India to Un for eco terrorism. Is it their attempt at "parody site". there are many fake news below that news. I am not sure of this site by some zubair. But then there's truth.
Pakistan side has depicted huge solidarity, Indians are not united
No, they really are that stupid and delusional.

Their minister actually seems to have said that and the news has been picked up by quite a few sites for e.g:
https://scroll.in/latest/915098/pakista ... ir-strikes

But quite easy to mistake it for a parody/satire site, Pakis though are a almost a different species altogether. Poe's law and all that.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Now i need to ask. Where is Bajwa and what happened to Nasr?
rgosain
BRFite

Post by rgosain »

Ravi Karumanchiri wrote:
srin wrote:Okay - here's some forensic analysis.

Here's an interesting Flightradar24 playback over the past 2 days - before and after the Terroristan airspace closure: https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/1101142521168740352

Please play the video and especially focus on events between 27 Feb between 4:20am and 4:40am (my understanding is that it is in UTC), which corresponds to 9:50am - 10:10am IST. The video is fast, so you'll need to pause and then jump the right time. FYI - the TSP attack happened at around 10 am, so we're looking at the airspace immediately before and after. Keep your focus on the Srinagar airport. Rajouri is down and left of the airport.

Observe that there are civilian flights at 04:21 and some at 04:30 and a lot more at 04:38.

So, we know that our Mig-21s are armed with R-77. And our Sukhois have R-27 and R-77, so I've been puzzling on why we didn't take a BVR shot on the 27th morning. And this is the answer - the airspace around Rajouri had civilian flights in it.

The corollary to this is that it is highly likely that the PAF fired BVR missile in an airspace with civilian airliners that don't respond to IFF.
^^^^^^^^^^
This is a really big deal. Much more hay needs to be made of it. Can you identify which aircraft might have potentially been within the threat envelop? Have those airlines been notified? How about the press in those countries?

I'll say it again, this is a very big deal, and underscores the 'T' in 'TSP quite well.

Similarly, I think it's important to note, the Jordanians themselves suffered a collective 'National Tragedy' in recent years, when one of their F16 pilots came down and fell into the hands of ISIS (who famously burned him alive in a cage on video, as terrorists are want to do).

This incident was very painful for the Jordanian Royals, King Abdullah himself is an F16 qualified pilot, and would probably shudder at the thought of a formerly Jordanian F16 flying what amounted to a terror mission to back JeM, while wantonly shooting off BVR missiles into ongoing air traffic.

So too, for a US-supplied missile fired at India. The irony of the Taliban lacking an air force made this eventuality inevitable. Now that it has come to pass...... I'll say it again: There is much hay to be made on this point alone. Isn't this evidence of a breach of US Law? What can be done to ensure US Law is applied to the TSP's backside?

For sure, the BVR shot into Indian airspace is a straight-up act of terrorism. That it failed any kill, is down to sheer luck, nothing resembling goodwill.

Likewise, releasing the captured IAF pilot was the only way to end hostilities (or at least, pause them). Keeping the IAF pilot would have meant accepting the continuance of hostilities. That's what's happened here. Nobody should stray from those facts (it's not a narrative, it's how things are).
Ravi this is a welcome summation and the AIM-120 recovery needs to be given more exposure by the IAF/GOV. The enormity of an amraam mixing it with airline traffic is too much to contemplate, and should be made clearly to the USA.
Although the order for this batch was in 2006, the deliveries continued up to 2010/11, well after the carnage of Mumbai, and clearly into the years administration who failed to cancel the deliveries
The US will have to explain whether the AIM-120 can be outfitted to the JF-17
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The other piece of evidence is that the Paki beard who claimed to have beaten up a pilot, claimed it was a "Sikh". Look at WCdr Abhi.. U can mistake him for a Viking, or a Chambal Ravine dakoo neta with that moustace but SIKH?

The Paki Army beat up a ***BEARDED*** pilot and murdered him. The second F-16 pilot who also died of his injuries.

I hope PAF takes revenge on PA for this DOUBLE MURDER. I think their AAMs will work fine as long as they are over Islamabad or Pindi. One the son of a decorated Air Marshal. Maybe the guy who got promoted for starting his engines on the runway during 1965 war (please our post on The Decorataed Monkey made minutes b4 Balakot raid was announced).
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Singha wrote:IMO BRF should get rid of its IAF officer database.

I can think of no earthly reason why it needs to be there. a/c details fine, pilots and service numbers why?

whoever owns it need to address it asap. i was not even aware it existed until the mig21 incident.
So was I. I found on Twitter late at night and frantically contacted admins to get rid of it.

I don't know what purpose is served to collate all that info in one easy open access place.
Saying its from open sources is no reason.
Collation is worse.
And how was it most members but Paki trolls knew about it?

This is fair to discuss now that Wg. Cdr. Abhinandan is back safe.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ArjunPandit wrote:mods locked the f16 dhaga, but if chuck yeager is alive and has some sm account, someone please send love from IAF. I will be happy to send a card with F16 pic downed by Mig21
He is alive and just celebrated 95 years. You will find him on Twitter
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

nam wrote:Now i need to ask. Where is Bajwa and what happened to Nasr?
Bajwa is busy calling leaders of countries ranging from Australia to US to plead for intervention and helping end the crisis (which he himself created in the first place w/ Pulwama attack).
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

What a life! Best of The Best of The Best. Brought up in an Air Marshal's Mansion in 'Hore. Slaves and Ayahs and houris at his whim. Public school. Cricket. Sports cars. Automatic selection for Officer Training in PAF. Deputed to US, UK. Booze, Houris, parties. Ray-Bans. Coolest of the Cool.

Promoted to Wing Commander. Straight trajectory to Air Marshal.

First-ever exposure to Real Combat: Turn tail and run for home, crying "Poppa!!" Missile lock. Eject well before the missile hits, to be on safe side. Parachute opens (phew!!) Cloudless windless day. Soft Landing. In Pakistan. Adoring Crowd surrounds. Yell war whoop!

Whammo!!! Stones, sticks. Beaten to death like a mad dog. Buried in secret like a dog, not even an announcement, only whispers. Denied by own family.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

ramana wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote:mods locked the f16 dhaga, but if chuck yeager is alive and has some sm account, someone please send love from IAF. I will be happy to send a card with F16 pic downed by Mig21
He is alive and just celebrated 95 years. You will find him on Twitter
No friend of India's Have u read his "autoiography"? Only thing nice he has to say is that IAF POWs in W.Pak knew his name. Bugger him and his Mentees the PAF losers. May their own kind stone them to death like mad dogs.
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

Mort Walker wrote:Sorry. It doesn't matter what the circumstances are. You don't shoot toward civilian aircraft under any circumstances. Period. The stoppage of commercial aviation in TSP frees up their SAMs to shoot at anything they don't recognize as it is likely to be Indian. They'll keep it up until it starts hurting. For the IAF, all they have to do is state that if TSP tries anything again, more terrorists are going to get hit from the air. Flights will stop again. There may also be several air carriers who on their own will avoid the region as much as possible whenever air traffic over TSP resumes.
My point was your dissing on Russia about the MH-17 shootdown is misguided. When your opponent hides behind airliners, this happens. Ukraine was culpable in that tragedy, and it's not the only time we've seen this. The Isreali Air Force has been doing something even more reckless, using airliners as cover to launch standoff air strikes on Syria. People without scruples will sacrifice civilian airliners when it suits them, and then act indignant when their strategy works.

I'm actually a bit nervous because it would be so typical and unsurprising for the Pakis to do this sort of thing, and their airspace is constantly full of airliners from the ME and Europe.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

It is quite peculiar. If the name of F16 floating in the media is wrong, Pak could easily do a PR coup by showing the person as alive.

It has been silence...
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

I am waiting with anxiousness for the next airstrike.

Per the doctrine of the Dove, an unprovoked airstrike by Pakistan must be responded to by complete and total destruction of the squadrons that participated in the attack and the complete and total destruction of equivalent targets that the Pakistani’s were targeting.

That would be a proportional response and IMO this is coming soon.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

nam wrote:It is quite peculiar. If the name of F16 floating in the media is wrong, Pak could easily do a PR coup by showing the person as alive.

It has been silence...
If they are smart, they will not respond to Twitter rumors, only official GOI statements. Otherwise they will keep responding - but who knows, they are not known to be smart.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

UlanBatori wrote:What a life! Best of The Best of The Best. Brought up in an Air Marshal's Mansion in 'Hore. Slaves and Ayahs and houris at his whim. Public school. Cricket. Sports cars. Automatic selection for Officer Training in PAF. Deputed to US, UK. Booze, Houris, parties. Ray-Bans. Coolest of the Cool.

First-ever exposure to Real Combat: Turn tail and run for home, crying "Poppa!!" Missile lock. Eject well before the missile hits, to be on safe side. Parachute opens (phew!!) Cloudless windless day. Soft Landing. In Pakistan. Adoring Crowd surrounds. Yell war whoop!

Whammo!!! Stones, sticks. Beaten to death like a mad dog. Buried in secret like a dog, not even an announcement, only whispers. Denied by own family.
^This is the kind of stuff that we should constantly be tweeting at Pakis and our folks who circulate/retweet stuff. We need to be getting these narratives out on SM instead of just playing nice and taking non-stop abuse and taunting from Pakis.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Three members of a family killed and five others injured in Unprovoked firing by Pakistan Army in Krishna Ghati Sector, Poonch in J&K. Among dead are a 5 year old and a 9 month old. India responding strongly and effectively. Over 7 casualties reported in retaliation on Pak side. https://twitter.com/AdityaRajKaul/statu ... 4913426433
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

UlanBatori wrote:The other piece of evidence is that the Paki beard who claimed to have beaten up a pilot, claimed it was a "Sikh". Look at WCdr Abhi.. U can mistake him for a Viking, or a Chambal Ravine dakoo neta with that moustace but SIKH?

The Paki Army beat up a ***BEARDED*** pilot and murdered him. The second F-16 pilot who also died of his injuries.

I hope PAF takes revenge on PA for this DOUBLE MURDER. I think their AAMs will work fine as long as they are over Islamabad or Pindi. One the son of a decorated Air Marshal. Maybe the guy who got promoted for starting his engines on the runway during 1965 war (please our post on The Decorataed Monkey made minutes b4 Balakot raid was announced).

Especially shouting Jai Mata Di!!!!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ArjunPandit wrote:
nam wrote: Do this till they hand over the two characters and their cronies.
i think the chances of dawood, azhar and let guy visiting nepal are increasing significantly.
I think Pawar who is very foxy has sensed this with the Pulwama attack and egged Raj Thackeray to attack Dovalji.
Very scared of Dawood coming back to India.
He is Godfather of Dawood Ibrahim.
pralay
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by pralay »

There is a video on twitter rebutting the fabricated statement video of WingCo Abhinandan.
https://twitter.com/sameershelavale/sta ... 2804129801
Please retweet.
Its also available in complete version on youtube if you wish to share on other media.
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

UlanBatori wrote:What a life! Best of The Best of The Best. Brought up in an Air Marshal's Mansion in 'Hore. Slaves and Ayahs and houris at his whim. Public school. Cricket. Sports cars. Automatic selection for Officer Training in PAF. Deputed to US, UK. Booze, Houris, parties. Ray-Bans. Coolest of the Cool.

First-ever exposure to Real Combat: Turn tail and run for home, crying "Poppa!!" Missile lock. Eject well before the missile hits, to be on safe side. Parachute opens (phew!!) Cloudless windless day. Soft Landing. In Pakistan. Adoring Crowd surrounds. Yell war whoop
Though world is stranger than fiction, people are crazier than rabid dogs but very unlikely this happened. NaPakis speak chaste Punjabi Ordoo. Pilot would have explained himself and accent would have proven evidence enough. The scenario that I see is - Some sort of mercenary or Jordanian or blackwater pilot flying and NaPakis killed him because they didn't want world to find out.
Last edited by Rishi_Tri on 02 Mar 2019 02:42, edited 2 times in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

jamwal wrote:Snake, Naag missiles ? Why'd Indian army use Naags on J&K LOC ? Just random bullshit by wannabes.
The Pakis are in reinforced bunkers and we don't have direct fire guns.
So most likely its either 40 mm Bofors i.e. two pounder shell or an ATGM. might as well use the Nag capability.

[rant] start
The weapons procurement guys will never buy anything of value to the soldiers.
Here is one time the CCF fuzes would be sueful as they have 10 m accuracy and better due to the short range. But no will wait for the ARDE eternal development cycle and interminable testing.

Just go buy 10 000 fuzes from Israel and get cracking.
[/rant] over.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

FYI, not posting any links, but Baki sympathetic fake “intelligence” type handles have their chuddis in a twist about heavy artillery and missiles causing a lot of damage on their side.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

https://twitter.com/ZahidGishkori/statu ... 1526497283

"Alerting Movement: It’s 1:06am. Fighter Jets hover over Islamabad. A friend traveling via motorway also reported unusual scenes of clearing motorway at certain points. Also on AJK border, exchange of heavy fires is being reported by the locals. What’s up to?"
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Ravi Karumanchiri wrote:....

^^^^^^^^^^

Ravi, Take it easy. you are going legal with bigger terrorists.,
And King of Jordan! Every war since 1965 Jordan supplied US weapons to Pakistan and got away.
Even these F-16s could be from Jordan stock.
US knew fully well the F-16s originally supplied in mid 80s were to drop nukes on India. They sold them with out the bomb racks and told the Pakistan to get them from Europe or Turkey.
And supplied these 500 AIM 120Cs and JDAM for fighting Taliban flying goats.
soon we will know #Pulwama go ahead came from low level SD diplomutts just like Alice whats her name to Saddam.
When it blew up they went to Trump to issue damage control.
Soon expect some retirements in Dupleecity.
Am sure US guys went to do BDA at Balakot strike and realized deep doo doo and hence the hasty closure and KSA 3T to Pakis.

Pay attention to UBN and decode it.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys the pathetic NYT puts out some crap co-authored by an India which claims that 'many Indians are angry with ModiJi because his military moves have back-fired'. Any opinion polls taken post IAF strike? Just curious.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

UlanBatori wrote: No friend of India's Have u read his "autoiography"? Only thing nice he has to say is that IAF POWs in W.Pak knew his name. Bugger him and his Mentees the PAF losers. May their own kind stone them to death like mad dogs.
Can hardly blame him. SDREs strafed his parked plane :mrgreen: in an airfield defended by brave TFTAs personally trained and advised by him. A little bit of anger is natural hain-ji?

From our own archives
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/histo ... eager.html
Admiral Arun Prakash

Thus when an Indian fighter pilot swept low over Islamabad airport in India's first retaliatory strike, he could see only two small planes on the ground. Dodging antiaircraft fire, he blasted both to smithereens with 20-millimeter (sic) canon fire. One was Yeager's Beechcraft. The other was a plane used by United Nations forces to supply the patrols that monitored the ceasefire in Kashmir."

"I never found out how the UN reacted to the destruction of its plane, but Yeager's response was anything but dispassionate. He raged to his cowering colleagues at a staff meeting. His voice resounding through the embassy, he proclaimed that the Indian pilot not only knew exactly what he was doing but had been specifically instructed by Indira Gandhi to blast Yeager's plane.