Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by Dileep »

People imagine shooting a weapon is just point the pointy end at the target and pull the trigger. Of course, you can 'shoot' that way, but in order to 'hit', there is a lot more. A long 'fox three' shot is pretty intensive for the computer (and the pilot). Of course, the pakis did the 'shoot' at the first opportunity. Evidently, they did not 'hit'

Imagine calculating a trajectory of a projectile that boosts, coasts, glides and maneuvers between two points that is moving all kinds of crazy in 3D, then ascertaining a hit probability. The video games are actually speeded up. In reality the time between a 'lock' and 'shooting solution' can take long, often requiring the pilot to make compromises with his maneuvers, making it a bit easier for the computer. Man-years spent on the simulator and in the cockpit achieves a virtual 'meld' between the brain and the computer (like the man-animal connection in 'Avatar') so the pilot instinctively know if he will hit or not. If you remember, the Rafale HUD actually draws a curve the missile would take, which will help the brain a lot. (Not sure if other HUDs do this.)

Our boys did not see 'hit' so they didn't shoot. Pakis can't figure and don't care, so they shot into the sky and ran like hell.

There is this 'kunnathunadan' story. Dude goes hunting with his gun, and he is back home before lunch. His SHQ asks what happened. His reply "Oh, the shot is already made. Now the animal need to come around to get hit".
sajaym
BRFite

Post by sajaym »

Singha wrote:ANI
Verified account
@ANI
39m39 minutes ago
More
General Raymond A Thomas III, Commander of US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) called upon and interacted with Indian Army Chief General Bipin Rawat today and discussed issues of strategic and mutual concern.
A very positive development. Hopefully this will result in Gen.Rawat speeding up the creation of a ISOCOM at our end. Cooperation with them on Spec Ops will also help us in getting more 'radar shut downs' in Pakiland and more 'images from a friendly nation' whenever we need. It is clear now that the COPE exercises would've helped the IAF in strategising a MIG-21 Vs F-16 scenario, now our special forces can gain similar benefits in our spec ops too. Besides, the Yankees now know what we are capable of, so they'll keep coming to us for more 'synergising'.
Last edited by sajaym on 08 Mar 2019 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

Karan M wrote:
Rahul M wrote: I remember this. The pilots were in f16.net IIRC and an enterprising BRFite Jcage found the posts. One had f16.net forum username moose or moose69 or something like that.
Good memory saar! :)
There was also a very embarassing revelation by a British journo who visited the F-16 training academy in the US where the PAF pilots had been sent. The guys apparently were abysmal by general standards and were the pick of the Pak AF. USAF guys spent all their time cribbing about how to teach guys who wouldnt clear basic training in any decent air force. This happened right after the Cope exercises, PAF fanbois were apoplectic. Much fun was had by some disreputable folks. :mrgreen:
Also, probably explains why the dunderheads fired all their AMRAAMs at RMax1 and then spent their time backslapping each other in TSP land. Idiots. :lol:
Did anyone hear back from JCage aka Nitin since he left? What a tragic loss to BRF.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Cough cough he is very much on brf

Unidentified official threatens pak

22 Terrorist Training Camps Active in Pakistan, 9 of Them Belong to JeM: Official
https://www.news18.com/news/india/22-te ... 60037.html
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

IW (Info War) is not about giving 'proofs'. No one sets agenda by giving proofs. Let's keep that out of our minds. If we go by 'proof', half of US operations are big failure.

Narrative is about trust link b/w the Shepard and sheep. What happened is, we didn't get to know about Abhinandan until Pakis released their propaganda video. They deliberately let everyone see the villagers beating our pilot. It demoralized all of us who were watching the news. The other frustrating thing is our response. It's damn slow. Also think about situation in PoK. If our guy falls on that side of fence, he is done for.

So many hard truths for our folks to digest in single day.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Singha wrote:Cough cough he is very much on brf
Heh heh ... There can be only one Johnny cage in the mortal combat that is brf. And he lives....
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

not sure if already discussed, and perhaps not a appealing question.

I have read in a few tweets by journalists that WC Abhinandan was asked many times to return but still persisted with chasing the F16.
Assuming that this is true, then will this result in censure or worse for him, for putting himself and others in harms way?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Ok, so I went digging for the last time PAF did a cover up. It was when the Taliban blew holes in their Erieyes.

Two disreputable folk from BR involved here.
viewtopic.php?t=6389&start=760
Karan M wrote:
Singha wrote:and backed by ereyie and cheen awacs also flying from rear bases like quetta, jacobabad, peshawar,gwader...refueled by midas to improve time on station.
Erieye...
One Erieye attained martyrdom, whereas 2 others were injured bravely fighting the TTP

http://www.di.se/artiklar/2013/4/10/tal ... rade-plan/
Taliban destroyed the Swedish-financed plan

Three radar planes of Pakistan Air Force bought munitions manufacturer Saab with borrowed money from the Swedish state is shattered in a terrorist attack.

Saab can expect a new billion order while the Swedish taxpayers sitting with 5-6 billion in bad loans.

Early on the morning of August 16 last year, nine well-armed men attacked the airbase at Kamra, six mil from the capital Islamabad.

That night was three Saab 2000 aircraft with Erieye radar system established on the base - and all in the same space, according to Di's sources. The terrorists chose delete other tempting targets.

After a several hours long firefight with automatic weapons, explosives and rocket launchers were the attackers dead.

The ultra-modern Swedish radar planes were badly damaged, but the government and the security forces embarrassing story quieted down. Officially stated immediately after the battle that the nose cone of the plane had been damaged.

At the same time took the Pakistani Taliban group Teh-reek-i-Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack. In a statement explaining that the attack was revenge for the terrorist leaders Baitullah Mehsud and Osama Bin Laden's death.
Only recently, in February, admits Pakistan's Defence Ministry loss of one of the most expensive Swedish radar plan.

In Sweden, only a few people to what happened with Saab plan and their valuable Erieyesystem.

Two independent sources say the Di that one of Erieyeplanen was completely destroyed and the other two planes are so severely injured that they have to undergo repairs.

In practice, the Swedish tax money which has now gone up in smoke in a Taliban attack. State Swedish Export has namely funded plan through a credit agreement of 7.4 billion concluded 2006th

In May 2012 came the final order, and only a few months later - in August - beating the Taliban

It is about the Pakistani Air Force Perhaps the single most valuable asset, and not just the purchase price of SEK 7 billion. Erieye is counted as one of the most advanced surveillance systems and has made it possible for Pakistan to have full control over what happens in the air, and to a large extent on the ground.

Only one of the four Erieyeplanen escaped the attack. It was elsewhere in Pakistan.

Government of Pakistan is now very anxious to get the two damaged planes repaired with Saab's help and discussions have taken place at express speed.

Saab can expect 1-2 billion in payment for new supplies of support and spares, deliveries may start already this year.

ISP stopped all new business with Pakistan in 2007, referring to unrest in the country, but the repairs are classified as follow-on deliveries. And since Saab's original application to the ISP about six planes are also nothing to prevent the company from selling to one, according to Di's sources
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

And this is the (in) famous snippet about PAF quality regarding its F-16 crews. I'll have to look more, but I bet its been deleted, one of the admins at F-16.net was a Pakistani.
Karan M wrote:A good snippet (from 2006) on how awesome the PAF is.

So some PAF Fanboy from the UK goes onto F-16.net and brags about the PAF.

And Steve Davies (http://www.ospreypublishing.com/authors/Steve_Davies) responds about quality of PAF recruits in Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals course.
Steve_Davies
12 Sep 2006, 20:34

Sorry, sallondon, but that would really surprise me. Why? Because according to contacts at Moody AFB (where Pakistani pilots attend IFF prior to going to the F-16 B-course), the majority of your guys who go there are passed simply because their instructors are given no other choice. To quote directly, most of the Pakistani students that graduate from IFF would have failed the course had they been American studs. I think that speaks volumes.
PAF may spend most of its time talking itself up in magazines with friendly journos who write glowing stuff on PAF, so PAF fanboys in UK buy their mags, but reality speaks for itself. PAF after all is a reflection of their society, and we all know the glowing standards Pak society has set in every educational and other productive endeavours
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Bwahahaha, enjoy. This was in BRF trashcan, apt since we were discussing the Pakistani AF. :lol:
Karan M wrote:
Singha wrote:PAF probably operates like the old Luftwaffe, all the best pilots concentrated into a few focussed squadrons, with the best planes, ground crew and infra and weapons and permission to fly as much as they want.

the rest of second string have a wide gap.

its great strategy for a short sharp war. it does not work over a long attritional war as the germans found out. aces are needed all over to shepherd younglings and padawans through the first dozen missions where their mortality is highest.

but for TSP its a great plan to lavishly upkeep their F-solah elites. those guys will be getting 300 hrs and lots of exercises...and will be as good as the best anywhere in 1-vs-1 and many-vs-many missions, DPSA etc .
i doubt that singha. see the quality of TFTA pilots sent to US for training. sure there were will be some good pilots but the PAF as a whole will be reflective of Pak society, beards and zeal on a rise.

Steve_Davies

Post12 Sep 2006, 20:34
Sorry, sallondon, but that would really surprise me. Why? Because according to contacts at Moody AFB (where Pakistani pilots attend IFF prior to going to the F-16 B-course), the majority of your guys who go there are passed simply because their instructors are given no other choice. To quote directly, most of the Pakistani students that graduate from IFF would have failed the course had they been American studs. I think that speaks volumes.

Steve_Davies

Unread post13 Sep 2006, 20:22
Blain

Looks like I've yanked your chain. Let me quantify and qualify the sources for my post.

Firstly, I cannot name my sources for obvious reasons. However, I can tell you that the sentiment echoed in my post was related to me by several experienced instructors *and* a squadron commander. Statements like "the majority of Pakistani students in the class cannot grasp fighter fndamentals", "we have Pakistani students that are close to being a danger to fly with", and "if this student was an American he would be washed out and sent to a multi-engine MWS" were frequently heard. If you want to argue that this can't possibly be true, then that's your choice. Personally, I believe that to do so would be akin to pissing in the wind. I've visited IFF several times, I have conducted official and off-the-record interviews, and in both tape-on and tape-off scenarios the message comes across loud and clear.

Secondly, although the Pakistani students at IFF are graded using exactly the same system as the US studs, the criteria for them to pass or hook are ride are dramatically relaxed. So, whereas a US stud my receive a grade of 4 (out of 5; where 1 is exceptional, and 5 is unsafe) and have to refly a sortie, a Pakistani student may receive a 3 (and pass) for flying to exactly the same standard. As I said in my original post, the IPs are under clear instructions to ensure that the students from Pakistan graduate IFF. Again, argue with this if you like, but that's straight from the mouths of the guys at the sharp end.

Finally, you maintain that the Pakistani pilots do not go straight to the F-16 from IFF. That may be true for the most part, but I understand that in recent years some guys have gone straight to the jet. PAF is not my area of expertise, but that is the information passed to me by IPs.

I'm not going to get into a pissing war with you: that's what I've been told, and that's what I am inclined to believe. Set this all as a backdrop to the standard of Pakistani Viper pilots, and I don't think that the original poster's assertion that Pakistani VIper drivers are the best in the world can possibly hold true.

If you’re an IFF IP and think that this is all BS, then PM me your name and .mil email address and I’ll ask my sources why their experience differs so greatly from yours.

Meathook

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Post13 Sep 2006, 02:18
I am not against boasting, been guilty of that myself at times but that was a rather large boast, really off the wall considering the audience he was addressing but having said that, I fully understand national pride, we all need it and thrive off of it from time to time.

Spend time at Luke (training base of many foreign pilots); at that time I was a flight chief for older F-16's training squadron that provided the vehicles for their training. These folks and many other nations tried like hell to learn to fly the aircraft. Of course this is no easy tasking, takes time, dedication and study, then you do it over and over again until you get it right.

The write ups (gigs) produced by many student pilots were to say...bogus to say the least (many are expected but these guys went way overboard not understanding the aircraft). But the constant ground aborting of aircraft (where no real problem existed) coupled with many near misses, over G'ed aircraft, number of pilots that outright failed or dropped out of the program was staggering in 1985 and 1986.

Granted it was not just this country that had its problems but this country led the pack in a negative way. They appeared to lack discipline, drive and real motivation picking up the system technology in the early years of my involvement. Then we accomplished numerous deployments to their location (in country) teaching their mechanics the skills required to maintain the aircraft, poor mechanics, poor training motivation and lack of understanding all led to many failed efforts.

Recently working the foreign military sales side of the house, F-16 aircraft regeneration efforts and long term system sustainment, the same problems (lack of understanding) seem to surface again and again. Many other issues I will not discuss openly but hopefully, you get my drift here. The limited combat skills they displayed in past aerial engagements and weapon systems tactics in older version aircraft have not been satisfactory enough to gain my approval of their flying capabilities, that is why I provided my hearse comments to the person that made the out of line boast.

Side note, I have over two hundred hours in F-16Bs and D’s, have been a corporate pilot for ten years now and served twenty six years in the USAF working and flying in numerous fighter aircraft (F4 Tow Target Operator in 1975 and 1976 at Edwards AFB). So I think I can speak from experience in both training and the operational side of the house.

These folks have a very long way to go to get anywhere close to the boast that was made. As you mentioned, technology is a major factor in both maintaining and operating this weapons system, they need to burn the midnight oil quite a bit more for my salute to be given in earnest.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

AdityaM wrote:not sure if already discussed, and perhaps not a appealing question.

I have read in a few tweets by journalists that WC Abhinandan was asked many times to return but still persisted with chasing the F16.
Assuming that this is true, then will this result in censure or worse for him, for putting himself and others in harms way?
That's not true. We have very little airspace to engage Pakis in the air. Few seconds on a jet and you will be on the other side of fence. You will have 90% chance to land in PoK in emergency situations.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Looks like after the Americans withdrew the PAF has had severe challenges maintaining a consistent quality of crew. The whole Pak society is shot to bits education & general caliber wise, how the heck would some magical force survive. Even Brian Cloughley, long may the lice in his beard grow, the famed Pak apologist & lifafa taker, admitted in his book that soldiers have an issue in that they believe fighting infidels automatically means a win, and hence they don't bother to pick up complex tactics etc. Mind you, this book was in the early 2000's. Things have only gone downhill since then.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

syam wrote:
AdityaM wrote:not sure if already discussed, and perhaps not a appealing question.

That's not true. We have very little airspace to engage Pakis in the air. Few seconds on a jet and you will be on the other side of fence. You will have 90% chance to land in PoK in emergency situations.
Well said.
Even otherwise, the IAF will run this risk. An offensive AF always faces this.

https://frontline.thehindu.com/static/h ... 410100.htm
From 2003
`We are a totally offensive force'
Interview with Air Chief Marshal S. Krishnaswamy.

Is not the IAF's operational ethos more defence-oriented?

That's not true. The IAF is more strike-oriented. Look at our inventory: MiG-23s, MiG-27s, Jaguars, all strike aircraft. Mirage 2000 is a multi-role aircraft. So is the Su-30MKI, which can carry 8 tonnes of weapons load. MiG-21 (Bison) is again multi-role; it can drop PGM (precision-guided munition) and has precision attack capabilities. MiG-21(Bis), although we are using it for air defence, is a short-role, multi-role aircraft. Even during the Kargil operations we performed a role that was more strike than air defence. The IAF has pure air defence aircraft like MiG-29s, pure strike aircraft and ones with multi-role.

But is the orientation towards air defence and close air support and not offensive warfare?

Besides our inventory, our posture should make it obvious that our orientation is definitely to strike. We believe that defence does not win the war. We are a totally offensive air force. If the IAF is built around defence, it is a total waste of tax-payers' money.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

ACM S. Krishnaswamy is crisp and to the point. No confusion for anyone reading his replies. Reminds one of another Krishnaswamy S.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

For all indications looks like this time will be different ...Pak is being read the riot act..

From various news reports ): A week after Jaish-e-Mohammad training camp at Balakot in Pakistan getting smashed , the U.K. has offered India “all assistance” in counter-terrorism and intelligence sharing.

British National Security Adviser Mark Sedwill speaks to Ajit Doval for second time in one week
(Sedwill has, according to public reports, talked to Imaran too just the other day.)

There are flurry of calls .. quite publicly reported.. by many other leaders and senior officials in the past week ... from the U.S., Russia, China, Saudi Arabia and the UAE .. we know ..s U.S. President Donald Trump said publicly last week that his government was working too.

Interesting part is tone and India's message is quite clear and consistent ..

>>"there has been solid understanding with India and there has been no talk of mediation ... This is not an issue of India-Pakistan, this is an issue of terrorism. We have encouraged all the leaders to tell Pakistan to take action against terror groups<<<

Wow ... I really have tremendous respect for this govt..!
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Deleting as report has been discussed and is inaccurate

Thanks KM
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/natio ... 39516.html

‘Definite proof’ of hit at Balakot Special missiles used to avoid collateral damage
extracted from the above
The IAF has collated data from various sources, and internal assessment indicates that definite ‘evidence’ exists. It has been shared with the government to show that arsenal hit the ‘desired’ targets.

A bomb damage assessment has been done using images from satellites, radar images and also secret sources. Mirage 2000 fighter jets had bombed the terror camp using Israeli made ‘Popeye’ missiles. The ‘Popeye’ is an air-to-surface missile with a range of 78 km and is produced by Rafael industries of Israel.

Mirage fired ‘Popeye’

Mirage 2000 fighter jets bombed the JeM terror camp in Balakot, Pakistan, with Israeli-made ‘Popeye’ missiles, which do not blow away things into ‘fragments’ but penetrate through roofs and cause damage within the structure
Barath
BRFite

Post by Barath »

Raveen wrote:
A 1000lb bomb doesn't have a 1000lbs of explosives
Quite aware of that. However, This was a 2000lb bomb = 1000 kg bomb. And we were talking about thermobaric bombs, And thermobaric weapons are not heavily armored, no have thick casings (it prevents them from working as designed), nor are they meant for deep penetration (ditto), , no shrapnel, so they would actually have much more significant fraction (%) of fuel.(ie they are mostly fuel with couple of explosive charges for dispersion and conflagration).A thermobaric weapon with FAE, would not even have oxidant for the fuel (relying upon atmospheric air)

Hence my point that this might not really fit what is known. or be appropriate

Possibly you may not have followed the context ?
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... y-5616595/

Balakot strike: Each warhead had 70-80 kg net explosive quantity
from the above article
“There has been a lot of speculation on the quantity of explosive used to hit each of the buildings. What really matters is the NEQ or net explosive quantity of the warhead used. The warheads which we used have a NEQ of — I can’t share the exact figure — only 70-80 kg of TNT,” a top military officer told The Indian Express.
and
The IAF has never officially confirmed that it used SPICE 2000 PGM to target the buildings during the air raid. SPICE 2000 (Smart Precise Impact and Cost Effective guidance kit) has day, night and adverse weather capability because of its dual infrared IR/CCD-TV seeker and advanced scene-matching algorithms.
A second military officer told The Indian Express that “the type of weapon we have used — all I can say — is classified. It is a precision weapon meant to hit specific targets but without any collateral damage, and it did the job”.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

My guess is saaw was used not even spice250 which there is no record of us buying
rkhanna
BRFite

Post by rkhanna »

Singha wrote:My guess is saaw was used not even spice250 which there is no record of us buying
Think currently SAAW only rated on Jags and MKIs
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

MiG 21 down in Bikaner, Pakjabi trolls incoming in 3..2...1"non_existent drone shot it down".
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

How hard would it be certifiy saaw on the m2k
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

not a problem. its a FnF weapon that uses GLONASS/IRNSS and MMW radar
just some pylon stuff
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Singha wrote:My guess is saaw was used not even spice250 which there is no record of us buying
Incorrect Singha sir!
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... od-426811/

Source:
Vijainder K Thakur
@vkthakur
Mar 6
More
Here is the link to a a June 2016 report stating that the IAF purchased Spice 250 bombs along with Lightening-4I pods in a $500 m deal.
Hari Nair
BRFite

Post by Hari Nair »

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/newsindi ... spartanntp
Porki soldiers have cordoned off the area and are preventing access to journos.
On the other hand they claim that it was a madrassa dis-used and abandoned for over a year! And of course, only trees were hit by the IAF...
If that was so, then why go to the extent of guarding and cordoning off the area? Why not just carry out conducted tours of the area to prove their point!
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Thinking about Pak claim of not using F16, I am now of the view it was a panic reaction to loss of F16. They did not expect the loss and like when someone is caught with his hand in the cookie jar the first thing to say "it is not my hand".

They planned to down Su30. It is no brainer, this can only be done by Aim120. There is no public proof of JF17 firing SD10 in service. And must smoking potent stuff to believe SD10 can take down Su30 with the JF17 radar able to scan only 80KM!

They have only two BVR. If not SD10 it is Aim120!

If there was fear of US sanction, they could always bluff their way out, with the Afghan peace process helping the cause. It was not the fear of US sanction.

It was a panic reaction to let the mango abdul know that F16 was not part of the ops, hence no chance of shooting it down. Needless to say Abduls took it as expected ! :rotfl:
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

Then the Awaam should question why didn't they use the F-solah after IAF had shown them up by bombing mainland (not PoK)?
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

No access to Pakistan religious school that India says it bombed

https://in.reuters.com/article/india-ka ... NKCN1QO26W
Iyersan
BRFite

Post by Iyersan »

LoC hot
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

It should have occured to us earlier.

Pak cannot use SD10 against Su30 flying with Israeli jammers. Nor there is any proof that SD10 works on JF17. It's radar has poor 80km search range.

JF17's LDP doesn't work, so they are replacing it with Turkish LDP.

This leaves them with only F16!
Last edited by nam on 08 Mar 2019 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

True story about the legendary fighting spirit of the Pak Navy (PN).

In 2005, during "Navy Week" in the US, many foreign navies send "goodwill" delegations to US cities. One such delegation of PN afsars came to New York City.

One PN afsar went to Central Park in Manhattan. He saw a bench occupied by a Puerto Rican Hot Mami. Figured, there is no way any woman can resist a Pakistani Mard-e-Momin in uniform.

PN afsar sidled up to Hot Mami on the park bench. Said something like
Deeyur, waaat u are doing tonaait?
Hot Mami did not glance in his direction, but rolled her eyes over the top of her sunglasses and continued looking at her phone.

PN afsar, his mardangi challenged, reached out and put hand.

Next instant Hot Mami is on her feet and going Balakot on the PN afsar's face with her Coach handbag.

Police came, attracted by the sound of PN afsar screaming like a little girl. Detained him but could not arrest for diplomatic reasons. Deal was worked out that henceforward, PN delegation must restrict itself to locations within a few blocks of Navy Week events.

After that PN delegates were only seen looking dejected in the vicinity of Jack's 99-cent store on 31st street.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

--- deleted ---
Last edited by SBajwa on 08 Mar 2019 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
Devdoot
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Devdoot »

I joined BRF about 15 days ago. This is my first post;
Why did Pakistan release Wing Commander Abhinandan within 60 hours after his capture?

If we believe as per the content of this video ( link below) , not only Pakistan was warned ( not requested) to release Abhi right away as well as he should not be coerced or forced to give any statement in any shape or manner. Why do I say that, because he was supposed to be released in early AM ( as announced by Khan Saheb), but we all know that he was released around 10 PM. The report was that he was interrogated by ISI for several hours( against promises made to 3.5 forefathers as well as Umma) before his release and then his utterances were sliced and edited to suite the Paki narrative. There was a report that Imran Khan personally flew to Lahore to either intervene or guide the ISI goons as to what can be done ( or not done) to Abhinandan .

Please see the video ( it is only 10 minutes long).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17o6eByf7yU
I personally feel that the content of this video is authentic, because knowing Pakistanis and their penchant to lie about everything concerning India is legendary

I will give a synopsis of the content of this video for our fellow BRites who does not understand Hindi.
The anchor starts by saying that:
Today I am going to narrate the story of the night when Pakistan was standing at the brink of destruction by Indian armed forces. Abhi was captured on February 28 and today you cannot believe that India has become so powerful that it will threaten Pakistan to release WC or face destruction ( wiped out from the face of earth). In the night of Feb 28 Modi was in his Prachand Roop ( the stance which Lord Shiva Takes when he gets angry) and all the powers Like US, Britain, France, Russia -- they were all trying to calm him down. Modi insisted he should be released pronto and without any precondition otherwise I will wipe Pakistan out from the face of this earth. According to a Swedish newspaper, US came to know that the Pakistan used F-16 ( which was strictly prohibited by US) and the US specially GOTUS was very pi$$ed off. ( Knowing GOTUS love for the faithful I don’t doubt this—My Comment).
According to a Swedish newspaper . the US came to know that India was ready to rain in Brahmos on Pakistan like a blitzkrieg to render all its Air Force bases inoperable. This stance by India may lead to a nuclear war etc. etc.
Pakistan contacted its natural one of 3.5 forefathers and UAE and it was advised to announce the unconditional release of WC within 12 hours. Powers that may, especially representative of OIC member states requested Modi just to wait for 12 hours etc. etc.
Rest of the video is usual bluster by the anchor ( you will love every minute of it). What happened next , we all know.
But again, as per Pakistani narrative it was, “even though this is big win for us, but since we have a big heart and adhere to the religion of peace, we are unconditionally releasing WC Abhinandan” ( Yep and Pappu has an IQ of 200).
I personally believe that the current activities in Pakistan ( like proscribing many Terrorist Organizations, arrest of terrorist etc.) is due to stern warning of US, Britain, France and Russia. Even China must have told them to back off as we ( China) are not going to support you in this misadventure ( Doklam Yaad Aa gaya hoga- must have remembered Doklam).
Very prudent thought by China. It will not be an intelligent decision to support Pakistan in this (mis)adventure ( aftermath of Pulwama and India’s strike on Balakot) because the loss will be greater than loss of investment in CPEC, if Pakistan goes back to happy camel days.
I tried to search the Swedish Newspaper ( to which the anchor was referring to in the video) but I could not find it . Anyway, if it is true and I am sure it is true, Jai Ho Modiji and we need you for another 10 years to take care of all the traitors as well as the Ghotalawallas.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Note to the powers that be

Super comprehension man is trying to weasel back into brf last few day

Prolifically acting smart on teetar also

Veterans will already have logged his em signature
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Iyersan wrote:LoC hot
Increasing post count, no doubt.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Finally it has occurred to Reuters Editors what utter dweebs they are to have sent a Paki to do "reporting".
All thanks to Pakis for putting guards to deny media access to a hilltop where there is "nothing", and removing J-Em boards from the road after 1 week.

So both of UBCN's points stand vindicated as always
1) Any reporting outfit worth its salt would have sought to send up a drone the Morning After, and if such permission was denied, reported that fact.
2) Pakis denying ground access shows that the outside of the buildings are also in poor to non-existent shape, Pakis are now working non-stop to bury all sings using earthmoving eqpt there.

3) "4 holes in Roof" :rotfl:
Look carefully at the edge of the roof in the "building visible from below": it is asphalt tiles, or cedar-wood tiles. Same with the sloped roof seen nearby.
SO WHY IS THE ROOF OF THE BIG BUILDING SEEN AS A SNOW_WHITE SURFACE (with a crease down the middle like a tent would have) IN THE "NEW" SATELLITE IMAGES?

In other images from above 4 neatly-clustered holes are "seen": probably painted on the tent fabric by the Pakis. There is apparently some HUGE flaw in the "4 craters among trees" seen earlier. Probably those were created when Mullah Massood was having his proteges test out IEDs the prior afternoon, and there are witnesses alive who may open their mouths.
If the Pakis think REAL hard, they may realize that not everyone who lives in the area is a loyal and incorruptible supporter and fan of the J-e-M. This is what comes of indiscriminately buggering other people's goats, I guess. U build up enemies, and it takes on one. :shock:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

WTH is happening in Pakistan that requires closing airspace? :?:
KARACHI: Transit flights will be diverted in Pakistan as the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has announced on Friday to close Pakistan’s airspace till tomorrow.
According to a notification issued by the airport operating body, all transit flights flying east to west and vice versa will be diverted till tomorrow (March 9) 3pm local time as the airspace is getting closed once again.
On the other hand, it was revealed that from a few of the overflying flights from north and south of the country’s airspace will be allowed.
Last time they did this was when they needed to bring their aphsars back from Afghanistan anticipating US GOAT, Sep. 12, 2001. Which is why we asked how many days prep/notice was needed to bring Colonels and their goats and loot from all over Afghanistan to airports.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

I saw an article somewhere (too lazy to look it up), that this time rounding up the usual suspects is not going to be acceptable to India.

India wants at a minimum all Indian citizen terrorists in TSP handed over (this included Dawood Ibrahim and apparently Hafeez Syed). This also correlates well with that ANI tweet about UNSC team being denied visas to interview Hafeez Syed.

I don’t think the Bakis have reached a point where they will hand anyone over, which means that more kicks are coming.

All that frustrating dossier diplomacy that played out over the last 18 years has served to incrementally build political capital to essentially corner TSP and even the UN. But all that political capital could only be used when backed by hard power willing to act.

Soon, the UNSC will have to decide if they want to watch India kick Pakistan around like dogs or punitively sanction TSP into submission. Either way, India wins.