Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by Singha »

lal topi SF operator zaid hamid in his epic rant day of f16 incident was also upset about the the disappearance of this ISI afsar in Nepal
https://www.news18.com/news/india/vanis ... 72013.html
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Lal Topi is hilarious. I love that guy! He makes my day!!!!

It would be truly ironic, if he turned out to be an Indian agent! :lol:
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Tweeter: I got to see how rumor spreads on tweeter live during the sonic boom incident in Amristar!

News came out "jet flying overhead and then 2 loud bang"

then some one saw "ambulance on the road", another one got a screenshot of news channel about "explosion" (which was actually old news), some one saw "flash and sound.."

some guys down in south india, starts worrying about amristar and started "pray for amristar..", another one in UK asking "should my parents cancel their flight to amristar.."

someone put this in to 2+2=5, "there may have been an airstrike, hence IAF jets flying, loud noise of a blast and ambulance in a hurry"

Vola.. And it spread! All of this in a 45 mnt window :rotfl:

In the end it was a sonic boom! Humans should not be allowed in to social media :D
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Singha wrote:lal topi SF operator zaid hamid in his epic rant day of f16 incident was also upset about the the disappearance of this ISI afsar in Nepal
https://www.news18.com/news/india/vanis ... 72013.html
He blocked me :(, after I remind him of the red shift in Saudi
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Iyersan wrote:Why has Pakistan again closed its airspace for 24 hrs. If de escalation has happened, why are they not opening it up. Are we missing something
It will be closed until Indian elections. There was a statement by their FM Qureshi about Pakistan needing to be on high alert until Indian elections are over. Also note that IAF chief said a couple of weeks back the operations are still on going and there hasn't been an update saying the ops are done :mrgreen: It's good to keep the Pakis guessing about the next Indian move. Maybe the real game starts after the elections when they'll let their guard down 8)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

^^^ Good catch. Zalim Yindus could beat them up regularly with open air strikes now that non-military targets have been defined. Immy must be ruing giving #Pulwama attack go ahead.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Please read....

Big Worry For The Pentagon Even Beyond The Shooting Down Of A PAF F-16
http://www.indianpolitics.co.in/big-wor ... a-paf-f16/
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

ramana wrote: Immy must be ruing giving #Pulwama attack go ahead.
you think they bothered asking him?
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

Large attempt to push into India . Battle of Makwal - enemy was repelled and made to flee back.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

LM, All are in it together. If its successful then claim paternity. If its not claim rogue parents.
Even Badmash did. When he tried to dismiss Mush the coup was undertaken.
Straight from mouse mouth.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

prasannasimha wrote:Large attempt to push into India . Battle of Makwal - enemy was repelled and made to flee back.
More context, please?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

mmasand wrote:If anyone is interested in Balakot as a training camp for teenage Abdul's, here's an investigative piece on the conviction of a kid who was brainwashed to enroll at Balakot.

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/19/inf ... o-unravel/
I have a suspicions that this Balakot was a jihadi training center from Afghan jihad days.
The American Taliban John Walker Lindh had initial training with Harkat-ul- Mujahadeen. aka HuM.
We need to dig deep to find who all graduated from it.
That bunker/magazine/meeting room could have been built to resist FSU retaliation during those days.
Look at KP location. Its near the Afghan area. How far from Bagram airbase?
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

It was a military garrison with well established military training facilities per Doval
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I know that.
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

Gurus,

I tried to search twitter for Balakot / F16 related info. I used google translate to get urdu translation of english words like pilot, martyr, Shahbaz, sherdil and used urdu font in Twitter advanced search for dates between 25-Feb to 18-March.

Twitter has many tweets/photos/videos of IA kills that have not been published in their newspapers.

Found one related to Balakot as lament of a Pashtun. Someone who understands Urdu better can elaborate.
https://twitter.com/pakhtoonist/status/ ... 9163183105
Aaron was killed by the bomb, Crystal Tahir Dawar (Pashtun tribe) across the border killed, compared to the fake-makers killed msad mstrstat! What was their crime?
They were Pashtun. bus?
Indian pilots have done the crime, Pakistan is attacked. Again, what hospitality thing?
#SayNoToTerrorism

Below one has funeral video of some Shazad Hussain near Muzaffarabad.
https://twitter.com/aqeel603/status/1101853848103256064
The first martyr in the history of Pakistan Army's son ھیلاں killed a young lion Shahzad Hussain salute thee thy Majesty, thy son disobey me Liaqat Ali. Most likely
Trikaal
BRFite

Post by Trikaal »

Hopefully we will soon hear about some Cobras being shot down by the IA. Attack in the Jammu region by Pak is bold, probably hoping to catch us off-guard.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

prasannasimha wrote:Large attempt to push into India . Battle of Makwal - enemy was repelled and made to flee back.
Is this news from twitter ?
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Trikaal wrote:Hopefully we will soon hear about some Cobras being shot down by the IA. Attack in the Jammu region by Pak is bold, probably hoping to catch us off-guard.
I don’t think they would have used Cobras over the IB. They are desperate to de-escalate so they can save money & H&D. This is probably fake news.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Guys please remember that the news of pakis using helicopters in Makwal and it being a larger scale attack are both unconfirmed rumors from Twitter as of now. There is little reason to believe any of it unless it is independently confirmed by a reputable media house or more importantly, the GoI/IA.

Social media, especially Twitter and WhatsApp are hotbeds of rumor mongering, fake news, wild speculation and deliberate misinformation. We all know this.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

https://sputniknews.com/asia/2019031810 ... an-firing/
One Indian soldier was killed and three more seriously injured in an exchange of fire early in the morning between Indian and Pakistani forces, an Indian military official told Sputnik. The incident took place in the Makwal sector of Jammu and was initiated by the Pakistani Army, which used combat choppers as support, the official said.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

PAF practising highway take off/landings near Islamabad yesterday. they are spooked big time... i believe this kind of no peace/no war will continue till end of elections.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

manjgu wrote:PAF practising highway take off/landings near Islamabad yesterday. they are spooked big time... i believe this kind of no peace/no war will continue till end of elections.
I hope Modi Govt will do something more before the elections - like maybe kill some more rats. It doesn't make sense to let Pakistan have the last word and going into the election with this "chowkidar" nonsense.
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

nachiket wrote:Guys please remember that the news of pakis using helicopters in Makwal and it being a larger scale attack are both unconfirmed rumors from Twitter as of now. There is little reason to believe any of it unless it is independently confirmed by a reputable media house or more importantly, the GoI/IA.

Social media, especially Twitter and WhatsApp are hotbeds of rumor mongering, fake news, wild speculation and deliberate misinformation. We all know this.
This waa reported in sputniknews
venkat_r
BRFite

Post by venkat_r »

I think the H&D of Paki army got hurt big time and they could not digest the fact that India could do an attack so deep inside Pakistan and Pakistan could not do anything.

Their attempt at hitting back got nowhere and they had to hurry back and return the POW, but to save face and also to show that they are prepared, they had to go to some extreme measures like blocking airspace and also with the exercises and being aggressive on the LOC and the border.

It is their inability to do anything else that is causing the pain as the narrative they give to the public and may be to some of the army is that they are the best and can match India gets some very serious dent with this attack.

Do not think India is going to attempt anything major right now due to elections and also that it is not India’s policy to do just attack without a clear objective. So it will b cooling period, aka popcorn time for India, and Pakistan would be sweating it out for some time for domestic and may be for some international posturing.

If anything, this is good for India as this is going to wear Pakistan thin on their inventory and dollars. India has to keep it tight for them on all fronts and begin tightening screws on LOC and diplomacy.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I totally agree with vetrivel. Nothing like field trials to get a feel of the real quality. Russia has been testing lot of stuff in syria

Vetrivel
@VetrivelGoundar
·
22m
Replying to
@bababanaras
MBRL? Single Smerch Salvo can flatten 70 hectare i think..Any idea if we had used Pinaka? I feel its time to test all our new systems in LOC ..perhaps cross verifucation and battle proving at the same time..Please confirm of system used today..
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

UlanBatori wrote:https://sputniknews.com/asia/2019031810 ... an-firing/
One Indian soldier was killed and three more seriously injured in an exchange of fire early in the morning between Indian and Pakistani forces, an Indian military official told Sputnik. The incident took place in the Makwal sector of Jammu and was initiated by the Pakistani Army, which used combat choppers as support, the official said.

And Indian Air Defense Network was sleeping? Unlikely.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

The choppers were supposedly 1km behind IB and not clear if they fired at Indian posts.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

prasannasimha wrote:
nachiket wrote:Guys please remember that the news of pakis using helicopters in Makwal and it being a larger scale attack are both unconfirmed rumors from Twitter as of now. There is little reason to believe any of it unless it is independently confirmed by a reputable media house or more importantly, the GoI/IA.

This waa reported in sputniknews
Sputnik is as unreliable as they come. Most of the other Russian channels like RT too have unbridled Al Jazeera-like propaganda.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Singha wrote:I totally agree with vetrivel. Nothing like field trials to get a feel of the real quality. Russia has been testing lot of stuff in syria

Vetrivel
@VetrivelGoundar
·
22m
Replying to
@bababanaras
MBRL? Single Smerch Salvo can flatten 70 hectare i think..Any idea if we had used Pinaka? I feel its time to test all our new systems in LOC ..perhaps cross verifucation and battle proving at the same time..Please confirm of system used today..
As does unkil. US artillery was crap before Afghan conflict.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Has anyone done any serious verification of this @bababanaras fellow? He could be some 18 year old with an overactive imagination.

If find it hard to believe that anyone with real-time knowledge of what IA is doing in remote border outposts (all over the border - not just in one district), is giving real-time commentary on this to the general public on Twitter.

If he is genuine, he must be a highly placed MOD or IA person. Chaiwalas might know about a few random things about specific projects where they happen to work, but this guy seems to have a birds eye view of IA operations - which I find hard to believe.

In my experience, genuine people who have this kind of information, don’t share this information with random people on Twitter.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Ramana Sir, KaranM,
I am sure the Paki Onion is being stripped of its layers of Martial quom and Fort of Islam and crazy Nook and gun on the temple and terrorists snatching away the nooks threats. It will take one more term of Modi Ji to unravel this mystery of Bakistan where everyone realizes that there was no core and this onion was rotten unless another 9/11 or Afghan invasion type event saves them for one more decade.
I think the unraveling would start the day NS dies in the prison which most likely is going to happen.
History moves like a river but in opposite direction, Excruciatingly slow in the beginning but the end comes very fast.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

how does it matter if bababanaras is a 18 yr old with overactive imagination !!! just enjoy the posts ... btw i dont beleive too much what shows up on teetar. he could be a MOD/ IA plant as well...afterall this is age of info, social media war. more power to babaji.
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

I have followed him very closely since Balakot. He is usually the first to report on an engagement even with name of the posts and sectors.

E.g. he was the first one to report attack and casualties on own BOP in Sunderbani sector.

I have seen retired Indian army officers retweeting his tweets.

He does not share any random videos or pictures from past for psyops. Only text messages giving info available with him.

I see all the reasons to consider his tweets over unreliable Pakis like that Jeffrey guy.
dinesh_kimar
BRFite

Post by dinesh_kimar »

^ bababanaras reports accurately abt incidents 10-20 hours before it appears in regular news channels.

Details seem spot on, names of the sector, etc.

It's not a local source confined to particular sector, but accurate reports over multiple sectors, in different states like J&K, Rajasthan and Punjab.
Right down to Su-30 screeching overhead over particular areas.

I have not done any deep analysis, but people who do deep analysis like Rohit Vats apparently follow him.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

he looks to be focussed and clean text feed. does not entertain SM fights with anyone, just posts and goes away. only posts 1-2 times a day. so far on the dot.

definitely a man of mystery...a dark knight.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Now he says "IAF in demo action" not sure what he means aggressive CAPs ?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

maybe thats why the motorway landing drills near pindi...
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

So they do not expect any of their bases to survive .. motorway landing is all good in theory but where do you refuel and where are spares etc stored. Besides the motorway do they have emergency spares storage depots masquerading as petrol bunks.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

other than the swedes in cold war , who had such infra near motorways and inside forests, i do not think anyone seriously considers these anything more than survival games. the viggen in particular had a sturdy landing gear for steep fast carrier landing type glide path and a folding structure in the tail that helped it self backup and turn around without needing a tractor ... troops of trained people, munitions, basic spares and fuel were kept in hidden dumps in the forest sidings.

Pak uses a lot of CNG for cars. almost every highway bunk in vlogs has the CNG . perhaps the F-solahs have a PnP dual role module to use pindi chana gas to top up
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

The motorway show is meant to keep the mango abdul pumped up.. They might use it during day time. Take off will be detected by AWACS and the strip will be sitting duck for hit.

How will they use it during night time?